Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on thyroid hormones in Japan
Topic: thyroid hormones
- Hasebe T, Kajita M, Shi Y, Ishizuya Oka A. Thyroid hormone-up-regulated hedgehog interacting protein is involved in larval-to-adult intestinal remodeling by regulating sonic hedgehog signaling pathway in Xenopus laevis. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3006-15 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that Hip binds to the N-terminal fragment of processed Shh in vivo, suggesting that Hip suppresses Shh signaling through sequestering Shh...
- Mawaribuchi S, Tamura K, Okano S, Takayama S, Yaoita Y, Shiba T, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha attenuates thyroid hormone-induced apoptosis in vascular endothelial cell line XLgoo established from Xenopus tadpole tails. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3379-89 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that xTNF-alpha could protect vascular endothelial cells from apoptotic cell death induced by T(3) during metamorphosis and thereby participate in the regulation of cell fate. ..
- Ishizuya Oka A, Hasebe T, Shimizu K, Suzuki K, Ueda S. Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway is essential for intestinal epithelial development during Xenopus larval-to-adult remodeling. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3240-9 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway plays key roles in the amphibian intestinal remodeling through epithelial-connective tissue interactions. ..
- Kawaguchi M, Iwata S, Kamiya Y, Hayakawa F, Fujii T, Ito J, et al. Thyroid storm associated with probable subclinical hypoadrenocorticism in an elderly woman. Intern Med. 1992;31:1236-8 pubmed..She responded to the administration of intravenous methimazole and oral supersaturated potassium iodide solution...
- Kubo Y, Sekiya S, Ohigashi M, Takenaka C, Tamura K, Nada S, et al. ABCA5 resides in lysosomes, and ABCA5 knockout mice develop lysosomal disease-like symptoms. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4138-49 pubmed..In addition, Abca5(-)(/)(-) mice also exhibited exophthalmos and collapse of the thyroid gland. Therefore, ABCA5 is a protein related to a lysosomal disease and plays important roles, especially in cardiomyocytes and follicular cells...
- Nakajima K, Yaoita Y. Dual mechanisms governing muscle cell death in tadpole tail during amphibian metamorphosis. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:246-55 pubmed
- Hayashi Y, Ohmori S, Ito T, Seo H. A splicing variant of Steroid Receptor Coactivator-1 (SRC-1E): the major isoform of SRC-1 to mediate thyroid hormone action. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;236:83-7 pubmed..SRC-1E enhanced thyroid hormone dependent transactivation of reporter gene expression more profoundly than SRC-1 or SRC-1(-Q). Taken together, it was suggested that SRC-1E is the major isoform of SRC-1 to mediate thyroid hormone action. ..
- Miura Y, Mori Y, Yamamori I, Tani Y, Murata Y, Yoshimoto M, et al. Sequence of a variant thyroxine-binding globulin (TBG) in a family with partial TBG deficiency in Japanese (TBG-PDJ). Endocr J. 1993;40:127-32 pubmed..The proline to leucine substitution may cause a change in the TBG tertiary structure and result in decreased heat stability, resulting in decreased TBG levels in the affected subjects. ..
- Nishii Y, Hashizume K, Ichikawa K, Miyamoto T, Suzuki S, Takeda T, et al. Changes in cytosolic 3,5,3'-tri-iodo-L-thyronine (T3) binding activity during administration of L-thyroxine to thyroidectomized rats: cytosolic T3-binding protein and its activator act as intracellular regulators for nuclear T3 binding. J Endocrinol. 1989;123:99-104 pubmed
- Miyajima N, Horiuchi R, Shibuya Y, Fukushige S, Matsubara K, Toyoshima K, et al. Two erbA homologs encoding proteins with different T3 binding capacities are transcribed from opposite DNA strands of the same genetic locus. Cell. 1989;57:31-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the ear-1 gene product showed low, but appreciable, binding to T3, although its authentic ligand remains to be clarified. ..