Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on risk factors in China
Topic: risk factors
- Xu S, Zhang J, Xu Y, Wu H, Xue X, Wang H. Relationship between Angiotensin Converting Enzyme, Apelin, and New-Onset Atrial Fibrillation after Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:7951793 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the high ACE and low apelin preoperatively led to CRP and MDA being increased postoperatively, which was probably associated with POAF after OPCABG. Apelin may be a new predictor for POAF. ..
- Zhou L, Zhang X, Li Z, Zhou C, Li M, Tang X, et al. Association of a genetic variation in a miR-191 binding site in MDM4 with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64331 pubmed publisher..Our results elucidate that the MDM4 rs4245739 polymorphism contributes to susceptibility of ESCC and support the hypothesis that genetic variants, interrupting miRNA-mediated gene regulation, may modify cancer risk. ..
- Wang Y, Zhao X, Liu L, Soo Y, Pu Y, Pan Y, et al. Prevalence and outcomes of symptomatic intracranial large artery stenoses and occlusions in China: the Chinese Intracranial Atherosclerosis (CICAS) Study. Stroke. 2014;45:663-9 pubmed publisher..Recurrent stroke rate in our study was lower compared with those of previous clinical trials but remains unacceptably high in a subgroup of patients with severe stenosis. ..
- Zhou Y, Luo W, Cao X, Zhang B, Wu Z. [Overdose of heroin and influencing factors in intravenous drug users in parts of Yunnan]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2016;37:648-52 pubmed publisher..To assess the prevalence of overdose of heroin and risk factors in intravenous drug users(IDUs)in Yunnan Province...
- Chen D, Li Q, Rong Z, Yao Y, Xu Z, Shi D, et al. Incidence and risk factors of deep venous thrombosis following arthroscopic posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7074 pubmed publisher..The treatment of DVT with batroxobin and anticoagulants was effective and safe. ..
- Xue W, Li C, Zhou X, Guan H, Qin L, Li P, et al. RASSF1A expression inhibits the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma from Qidong County. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;23:1448-58 pubmed..RASSF1A is a tumor suppressor in HCC. The loss of RASSF1A expression may be related to HBsAg+ in hepatocarcinogenesis. Its inactivation may play an important role in the development of HCC. ..
- Hehua Z, Qing C, Shanyan G, Qijun W, Yuhong Z. The impact of prenatal exposure to air pollution on childhood wheezing and asthma: A systematic review. Environ Res. 2017;159:519-530 pubmed publisher..There is insufficient evidence to show an effect of prenatal exposure to BC, CO, and O3 on childhood wheezing and asthma. Further studies are needed to examine the individual compounds' effects. ..
- Li Y, Liu F, Yuan C, Meng L. Association between plasminogen activator inhibitor gene polymorphisms and osteonecrosis of the femoral head susceptibility: A case-control study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7047 pubmed publisher..666, 95%CI?=?0.445-0.998).PAI-1 rs6092 and rs7242 polymorphisms are not associated with ONFH development, but haplotype G-T may be a protective factor of ONFH. ..
- Yi L, Wang J, Guo X, Gu Y, Tu W, Guo G, et al. STAT4 is a genetic risk factor for systemic sclerosis in a Chinese population. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2013;26:473-478 pubmed..It also revealed different genetic aspects of SSc subsets in a Han Chinese population. ..
- Guo L, Zhang C, Guo X. Association of genetic polymorphisms of aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 and cytochrome P450 2E1-RsaI and alcohol consumption with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2012;34:390-5 pubmed publisher..152, 95%CI=19.903-67.551). The polymorphisms of ALDH2 and CYP2E1-RsaI genes and alcohol consumption, independently and synergically, increase the risk of OSCC. ..
- Leung T, Chan P, Wong G, Fok T, Ng P. Respiratory viruses and atypical bacteria triggering severe asthma exacerbation in children. Hong Kong Med J. 2013;19 Suppl 4:11-4 pubmed..5. Routine use of macrolide antibiotics in the treatment of childhood asthma exacerbations should be discouraged...
- Zhang Z, Ma J, Tao X, Zhou Y, Liu X, Su H. The prevalence and influence factors of inter-ankle systolic blood pressure difference in community population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70777 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of interankle systolic blood pressure difference (sIAND) and its influencing factors in community population...
- Wei B, Zhou Y, Xu Z, Xi B, Cheng H, Ruan J, et al. The effect of hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism on cancer risk: evidence from a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27545 pubmed publisher..Ser/Ser: OR?=?1.21, 95%CI?=?1.10-1.33, P<0.001). This meta-analysis showed that hOGG1 326Cys allele might be a low-penetrant risk factor for lung cancer. ..
- Neal B, Tian M, Li N, Elliott P, Yan L, LaBarthe D, et al. Rationale, design, and baseline characteristics of the Salt Substitute and Stroke Study (SSaSS)-A large-scale cluster randomized controlled trial. Am Heart J. 2017;188:109-117 pubmed publisher..There were 73% enrolled on the basis of a history of stroke. The trial is well placed to describe the effects of salt substitution on the risks of vascular disease and death and will provide important policy-relevant data. ..
- Zheng Y, Chang Z, Jiang L, Ji H, Chen G, Luo P, et al. [Severe cases with hand, foot and mouth disease: data based on national pilot hand, foot and mouth disease surveillance system]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2017;38:759-762 pubmed publisher..0%?36???ev71?cox a16?????0.1%?1???????z=3.15?p=0.002????-????????z=3.95?p<0.001???????????? ??? ????????????????????????????????????????ev71??????????????????????????????????????????. ..
- Yang W, Gao F, Zhang P, Pang S, Cui Y, Liu L, et al. Functional genetic variants within the SIRT2 gene promoter in acute myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176245 pubmed publisher..05). Taken together, the DSVs identified in AMI patients may change SIRT2 level by affecting the transcriptional activity of SIRT2 gene promoter, contributing to the AMI development as a rare risk factor. ..
- Wu L, Li G, Feng D, Qin H, Gong L, Zhang J, et al. MicroRNA-21 expression is associated with overall survival in patients with glioma. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:200 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/1445749171109834. ..
- Hilal S, Mok V, Youn Y, Wong A, Ikram M, Chen C. Prevalence, risk factors and consequences of cerebral small vessel diseases: data from three Asian countries. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017;88:669-674 pubmed publisher..This suggests that SVD markers should be a potential target for treatment in clinical trials so as to delay progression of cerebrovascular disease and potentially cognitive decline. ..
- Liu M, Mor G, Cheng H, Xiang X, Hui P, Rutherford T, et al. High frequency of putative ovarian cancer stem cells with CD44/CK19 coexpression is associated with decreased progression-free intervals in patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer. Reprod Sci. 2013;20:605-15 pubmed publisher..344, P = .052). Our findings suggest that high frequency of OCSCs (CD44+ and CK19+) in epithelial ovarian tumors correlates with short progression-free intervals. ..
- Li Z, Chen L, Tao R, Fan X. Clinical and bacteriologic study of eighty-six patients with systemic lupus erythematosus complicated by infections. Chin Med J (Engl). 1998;111:913-6 pubmed..To investigate the clinical and bacteriologic features of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) complicated by bacterial and/or fungal infections...
- Ren H, Hua Q, Quan M, Chen H, Hou H, Wang L, et al. Relationship between the red cell distribution width and the one-year outcomes in Chinese patients with stable angina pectoris. Intern Med. 2013;52:1769-74 pubmed..001) during a one-year follow-up in patients with stable angina pectoris. The present study indicates that an elevated RDW value is associated with an increased risk of one-year adverse outcomes in patients with stable angina pectoris. ..
- Wu H, Ding W, Shen Y, Zhang Y, Guo J, Sun Y, et al. Prevalence of vertebral endplate modic changes in degenerative lumbar scoliosis and its associated factors analysis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:1958-64 pubmed publisher..A retrospective study of modic changes (MCs) in degenerative lumbar scoliosis (DLS)...
- Li H, Xu T, Tong W, Liu Y, Zhao L, Zhang Y. Comparison of cardiovascular risk factors between prehypertension and hypertension in a Mongolian population, Inner Mongolia, China. Circ J. 2008;72:1666-73 pubmed..72, 2.00, 2.74 and 6.67 for age 40-, 50-, 60- and 70-, respectively) and overweight (1.68). Prevalence of some cardiovascular risk factors and number of risk factors in hypertensives were higher than that in prehypertensives. ..
- Hu D, Tong S, Wei R, Hui Z, Haidan L, Zhi D, et al. The polymorphisms on Igkappa gene are related to susceptibility of breast cancer and gastric cancer. Genet Test. 2008;12:575-80 pubmed publisher..67, respectively) and breast cancer (OR: 1.94 and 1.56, respectively). Further, we also identified that they were related to other risk factors, including Helicobacter pylori (Hp) infection in gastric cancer and age in breast cancer. ..
- Sun X, Liu Z, Yang Z, Xiao L, Wang F, He Y, et al. Association of microRNA-126 expression with clinicopathological features and the risk of biochemical recurrence in prostate cancer patients undergoing radical prostatectomy. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:208 pubmed publisher..However, its role in human prostate cancer (PCa) is still unclear. The aim of this study was to investigate miR-126 expression in PCa and its prognostic value for PCa patients undergoing radical prostatectomy...
- Zhou Z, Gao J, Fox A, Rao K, Xu K, Xu L, et al. Measuring the equity of inpatient utilization in Chinese rural areas. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11:201 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the most effective way to reduce the inequity is to narrow the gap of income between the rich and poor while adopting social risk protection. ..
- Ng K, Qi X, Kong K, Cheung B, Lo C, Poon R, et al. Overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP-12) correlates with poor prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47:2299-305 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrated that MMP-12 mRNA may be a valuable prognostic marker for both overall survival and tumour recurrence of HCC patients after liver resection. ..
- Zhai J, Zhang Q, Cheng L, Chen M, Wang K, Liu Y, et al. Risk variants in the S100B gene, associated with elevated S100B levels, are also associated with visuospatial disability of schizophrenia. Behav Brain Res. 2011;217:363-8 pubmed publisher..These results implicate a role for S100B gene polymorphisms in the cognitive functions of schizophrenia patients and encourage further investigation into spatial disability as an endophenotype of schizophrenia. ..
- Yuan M, Ohishi M, Wang L, Raguki H, Wang H, Tao L, et al. Association between serum levels of soluble CD40/CD40 ligand and organ damage in hypertensive patients. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;37:848-51 pubmed publisher....
- Jia Q, Chen Z, Ding X, Liu J, Ge P, An F, et al. Predictive Effects of Circulating miR-221, miR-130a and miR-155 for Coronary Heart Disease: A Multi-Ethnic Study in China. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:808-823 pubmed publisher..A negative interaction was found between miR-221 and miR-130a (SI = 0.68, SIM = 0.60 and AP = 0.27). Plasma levels of miR-221, miR-130a and miR-155 decreased in patients with CHD, and miR-130a may be an independent predictor for CHD. ..
- Hou W, Yin J, Vogel U, Sun Z, Liang D. 19p13.3-GADD45B common variants and 19q13.3-PPP1R13L and 19q13.3-CD3EAP in lung cancer risk among Chinese. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:74-78 pubmed publisher..3-CD3EAP rs967591 may play a role in association with smoke-exposed lung cancer among Chinese. 19p13.3-GADD45B variants should be further evaluated in large prospective studies with molecular pathological annotations of lung cancer. ..
- Zhu Z, Gao X, He Y, Zhao H, Yu Q, Jiang D, et al. An insertion/deletion polymorphism within RERT-lncRNA modulates hepatocellular carcinoma risk. Cancer Res. 2012;72:6163-72 pubmed publisher....
- Li H, Bai H, Yang C, Chen R, Wang C, Zhao Z, et al. Acute effects of ambient temperature and particulate air pollution on fractional exhaled nitric oxide: A panel study among diabetic patients in Shanghai, China. J Epidemiol. 2017;27:584-589 pubmed publisher..Our findings may help understand the epidemiological evidence linking temperature, particulate air pollution, and respiratory health. ..
- Lin F, Dai C, Ge X, Tang W, Lin Y, Wang Y, et al. Prognostic significance and functional implication of immune activating receptor NKG2D in gastric cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:619-624 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that NKG2D receptor could be an independent favorable prognostic indicator for gastric cancer. Furthermore, decreased NKG2D expression might be the mechanism underlying immune evasion by tumors in gastric cancer. ..
- Yao J, Gao L, Liu Y, Li J, Pang G. Genetic variation in interleukin-10 gene and risk of oral cancer. Clin Chim Acta. 2008;388:84-8 pubmed..001). IL-10 gene promoter -1082 A/G (rs1800870) polymorphism, and its haplotype are significantly associated with the risk of oral cancer. Our data suggests that IL-10 gene plays an important role in the development of oral cancer. ..
- Tong J, Qin L, Cao Y, Li J, Zhang J, Nie J, et al. Environmental radon exposure and childhood leukemia. J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev. 2012;15:332-47 pubmed publisher....
- Loo W, Fong J, Zhu L, Cheung M, Chow L. The value of bone marrow aspirates culture for the detection of bone marrow micrometastasis in breast cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2005;59 Suppl 2:S384-6 pubmed..High incidences need further investigation with bigger samples to confirm. ..
- Liang J, Wu S, Feng B, Lei S, Luo G, Wang J, et al. Factor V Leiden and inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:1158-66 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis indicated that although Factor V Leiden mutation was not significantly associated with the risk of IBD, it was significantly associated with a higher risk of thromboembolism in IBD patients. ..
- IV R, He Q, Wang H, Jin J, Chen Y, Chen J. High serum level of the soluble CD30 identifies Chinese kidney transplant recipients at high risk of unfavorable outcome. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:3375-80 pubmed publisher..Increased sCD30 levels were observed among patients who were PRA-positive, cytomegalovirus antigens or antibodies positive, on long-term dialysis, and <or= 20 years old. Pretransplant sCD30 serum levels reflect immune status. ..
- Li D, Long Y, Wang T, Xiao D, Zhang J, Guo Z, et al. Epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection in highly endemic HBV areas in China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54815 pubmed publisher..From 2007 to 2011, the average reported incidence rate of hepatitis B was 634.56/100,000 people. However, studies assessing the epidemic features and risk factors of HCV in the general population of Wuwei City are limited...
- Hong T, Liu A, Cai D, Zhang Y, Hua D, Hang X, et al. Preoperative serum C-reactive protein levels and early breast cancer by BMI and menopausal status. Cancer Invest. 2013;31:279-85 pubmed publisher..Although a positive association between serum CRP and HR positive/HER2 negative breast cancer is intriguing, further epidemiological studies are needed to confirm such findings. ..
- Wu T, Zhang W, Su Z, Chen S, Chen G, Wei Y, et al. UHRF2 mRNA expression is low in malignant glioma but silencing inhibits the growth of U251 glioma cells in vitro. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5137-42 pubmed..Our results suggest that UHRF2 may be closely related to tumorigenesis and the development of gliomas. ..
- Xu F, Xiong D, Xu Y, Cao S, Xue W, Qin H, et al. An epidemiological and molecular study of the relationship between smoking, risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma, and Epstein-Barr virus activation. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:1396-410 pubmed..Smoking is not only associated with NPC risk in individuals from China but is also associated with EBV seropositivity in healthy males and is involved in EBV activation. ..
- Huang D, Ji Y, Zhou D, Li B, Wang S, Chen X, et al. Effect of surgery-induced acute muscle wasting on postoperative outcomes and quality of life. J Surg Res. 2017;218:58-66 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we aimed to investigate the risk factors for acute muscle wasting after gastric cancer surgery and its effect on QOL and short-term postoperative outcomes...
- Zhu Y, Yang F, Zhang S, Zeng T, Xie X, Guan X. High expression of biglycan is associated with poor prognosis in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2497-505 pubmed..713, 95% CI, 1.092-2.688) were two independent prognostic factors. The findings of the present study provide evidence that BGN represents a potential novel prognostic biomarker for resected ESCC patients in advanced clinical stage. ..
- Lv Y, Zhang Y, Shi W, Liu J, Li Y, Zhou Z, et al. The Association Between Endocan Levels and Subclinical Atherosclerosis in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Am J Med Sci. 2017;353:433-438 pubmed publisher..98, 95% CI: 1.43-2.73, P < 0.001). These findings suggest that serum endocan levels may be a useful biomarker for the early diagnosis of subclinical AS in patients with T2DM. ..
- Guo H, Deng Q, Wu C, Hu L, Wei S, Xu P, et al. Variations in HSPA1B at 6p21.3 are associated with lung cancer risk and prognosis in Chinese populations. Cancer Res. 2011;71:7576-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings define that functional HSPA1B variants are associated with lung cancer risk and survival. These Hsp70 genetic variants may offer useful biomarkers to predict lung cancer risk and prognosis. ..
- Shen J, Wang R, Wang L, Xu Y, Wang X. A novel genetic polymorphism of inducible nitric oxide synthase is associated with an increased risk of gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:3278-83 pubmed..19 and 3.52, respectively). iNOS Ser(608)Leu allele may be a potential determinant of susceptibility to cigarette -alcohol induced gastric cancer, but larger studies are needed to confirm the observations. ..
- Zhu J, Yuan R, Hu D, Zhu Z, Yang X, Wang N, et al. [Consecutive cross-sectional survey of prevalence of HIV infection/STD and related factors in Vietnamese female sex workers at a China-Vietnam border area, 2014-2015]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2017;38:638-642 pubmed publisher..32~2.61????????or=1.59?95%ci?1.26~2.01??ats???or=2.48?95%ci?1.10~5.57???????hsv-2???????? ??? ?????hiv???????????hsv-2??????????????ats???hiv/hsv-2?????????????????????????????????????. ..
- Tong M, Yue V, Ku P, Lo P, Wong E, van Hasselt C. Risk factors for otitis media with effusion in Chinese schoolchildren: a nested case-control study and review of the literature. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2006;70:213-9 pubmed..75, 95% CI: 2.60-12.69). Risk factors identified in the Chinese schoolchildren for OME were comparable with previous western reports. A previous attack of acute otitis media was a major determinant for middle ear effusion. ..
- Zeng W, Li Y, Fei H, Cheng X, Ye F, Lu W, et al. The value of p16ink4a expression by fluorescence in situ hybridization in triage for high risk HPV positive in cervical cancer screening. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;120:84-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that FISH detection for p16ink4a is a potential alternative triage for high-risk HPV positive women in cervical cancer screening. ..
- Chan P, Li C, Chik K, Lee V, Shing M, Ng K, et al. Risk factors and clinical consequences of human herpesvirus 7 infection in paediatric haematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients. J Med Virol. 2004;72:668-74 pubmed..The administration of colony stimulating factor, occurrence of acute graft versus host disease, time to neutrophil and platelet engraftment showed no significant association with the occurrence of HHV-7 DNAaemia...
- Cheung L, Chow L, Tsang M, Tung L. An evaluation of complications following dental extractions using either sterile or clean gloves. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001;30:550-4 pubmed..The study concluded that the use of sterile surgical gloves does not offer an advantage over clean gloves in minimizing socket inflammation, infection, as well as a dry socket following dental extraction...
- Kong C, Leung T, Leung T, Chan L, Sahota D, Fung T, et al. Risk factors for procedure-related fetal losses after mid-trimester genetic amniocentesis. Prenat Diagn. 2006;26:925-30 pubmed..48), and a female fetus (OR = 2.39); but not to the number of punctures (p = 0.66) nor transplacental amniocentesis (p = 0.104). Mid-trimester amniocentesis is associated with a small but significant risk of fetal loss of 0.86%. ..
- Cheung B, Ong K, Wong L. Elevated serum alkaline phosphatase and peripheral arterial disease in the United States National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2004. Int J Cardiol. 2009;135:156-61 pubmed publisher..73 m(2)), the odds ratio increased to 4.22 (95% CI 1.45-12.35) (p=0.010). Elevated serum ALP is correlated with PAD, independent of other traditional cardiovascular risk factors. ..
- Zhang L, Pei J, Zhang H, Sun X. [The treatment research of people with different types of HPV infection in sterile patients]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi. 2010;24:227-9 pubmed..The primary high-risk cervical HPV infection is the etiology of infertility. Preferably, patients with primary high-risk HPV infection in cervical lesions is treated with Leep combined drugs. ..
- Tse L, Yu I, Qiu H, Au J, Wang X. A case-referent study of lung cancer and incense smoke, smoking, and residential radon in Chinese men. Environ Health Perspect. 2011;119:1641-6 pubmed publisher..Burning incense generates large amounts of air pollutants, many of which are confirmed or suspected human lung carcinogens...
- Deng J, Yang X, Wang H. [A survey on eperythrozoon infection in the population from Hangzhou city, Zhejiang province]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2010;31:647-9 pubmed..To understand the situation of eperythrozoon (EPE) infection in the population from Hangzhou...
- Zhou Z, Ma L, Wang L. Risk factors for persistent atrial fibrillation following successful hyperthyroidism treatment with radioiodine therapy. Intern Med. 2011;50:2947-51 pubmed..To investigate the predicting factors for persistent atrial fibrillation (AF) following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism...
- Chow K, Szeto C, Wong T, Li P. Hydrothorax complicating peritoneal dialysis: diagnostic value of glucose concentration in pleural fluid aspirate. Perit Dial Int. 2002;22:525-8 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Hua S, Zhang A, Kong X, Jiang C, Deng D, et al. Association between polymorphisms in COMT, PLCH1, and CYP17A1, and non-small-cell lung cancer risk in Chinese nonsmokers. Clin Lung Cancer. 2013;14:45-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the PLCH1 rs181696 SNP was strongly associated with an increased risk of SQC, which suggests that this SNP may be a risk factor for developing SQC. ..
- Duan S, Ding Y, Yang Y, Lu L, Sun J, Wang N, et al. Prevalence and correlates of HIV discordance and concordance among Chinese-Burmese mixed couples in the Dehong prefecture of Yunnan province, China. Sex Health. 2012;9:481-7 pubmed publisher....