Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reference values in Egypt
Topic: reference values
- Mohamed S, Abdou M, Assem H, Moustafa T, Soghier L. Anticardiolipin antibodies in children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2002;51:1148-52 pubmed..Therefore, anticardiolipin antibodies should be added to the list of autoantibodies detected in IDDM especially in the early stage of the disease. ..
- Shahin A, Elsawaf A, Ramadan S, Shaker O, Amin M, Taha M. Serum levels of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase 2 in patients with systemic sclerosis with duration more than 2 years: correlation with cardiac and pulmonary abnormalities. Mediators Inflamm. 2006;2006:38458 pubmed..Our research, though involving a small group of patients, points to the probable role of TIMP-2 in the development of pulmonary lesions in dSSc patients and cardiac lesions in lSSc patients with duration equal to or more than 2 years. ..
- Alkady E, Ahmed H, Tag L, Abdou M. [Serum and synovial adiponectin, resistin, and visfatin levels in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Relation to disease activity]. Z Rheumatol. 2011;70:602-8 pubmed publisher..The English full-text version of this article is available at SpringerLink (under "Supplemental"). ..
- Shafik A, Olfat El Sibai -, Shafik A, Shafik I. Contraction of gluteal maximus muscle on increase of intra-abdominal pressure: role in the fecal continence mechanism. Surg Innov. 2007;14:270-4 pubmed publisher..quot; This reflex appears to assist anal closure through extended and laterally rotated femur induced by gluteus contraction. ..
- Settin A, Dowaidar M, El Baz R, Abd Al Samad A, El Sayed I, Nasr M. Frequency of factor V Leiden mutation in Egyptian cases with myocardial infarction. Hematology. 2008;13:170-4 pubmed publisher..Frequency of factor V Leiden mutation among Egyptian cases with myocardial infarction is relatively high. So, families of affected subjects should be genotyped and counseled for proper prophylaxis. ..
- El Koofy N, El Karaksy H, Mandour I, Anwar G, El Raziky M, El Hennawy A. Genetic polymorphisms in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in obese Egyptian children. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:265-70 pubmed publisher..NASH patients also had a 100% prevalence of the MnSOD T/T genotype. Certain genotypes in MTP and MnSOD are significantly more prevalent among obese children with NASH and may be responsible for such a phenotype. ..
- Derar D, Hussein H, Ali A. Reference values for the genitalia of male dromedary before and after puberty using caliper and ultrasonography in subtropics. Theriogenology. 2012;77:459-65 pubmed publisher..The obtained data could provide a reference values for predicting camel puberty and future fertility...