Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on proteins in Denmark
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Larsen K, Madsen L, Bendixen C. Porcine SPLUNC1: molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1727:220-6 pubmed..This airway-specific expression might be of particular interest in the study of airborne diseases in pig. ..
- Kristensen P, Judge M, Thim L, Ribel U, Christjansen K, Wulff B, et al. Hypothalamic CART is a new anorectic peptide regulated by leptin. Nature. 1998;393:72-6 pubmed..An antiserum against CART increases feeding in normal rats, indicating that CART may be an endogenous inhibitor of food intake in normal animals. ..
- Shaw A, Røssel Larsen M, Roepstorff P, Justesen J, Christiansen G, Birkelund S. Mapping and identification of interferon gamma-regulated HeLa cell proteins separated by immobilized pH gradient two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 1999;20:984-93 pubmed
- Lihn A, Østergård T, Nyholm B, Pedersen S, Richelsen B, Schmitz O. Adiponectin expression in adipose tissue is reduced in first-degree relatives of type 2 diabetic patients. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;284:E443-8 pubmed..Adiponectin mRNA levels are positively correlated with insulin sensitivity in control subjects but not in FDR. These findings indicate dysregulation of adiponectin gene expression in FDR. ..
- Rostgaard K, Frederiksen R, Liu Y, Berthing T, Madsen M, Holm J, et al. Vertical nanowire arrays as a versatile platform for protein detection and analysis. Nanoscale. 2013;5:10226-35 pubmed publisher..The demonstration made here on highly ordered arrays of indium arsenide (InAs) NWs is generic and can be extended to many high aspect ratio nanostructures. ..
- Bruun J, Lihn A, Verdich C, Pedersen S, Toubro S, Astrup A, et al. Regulation of adiponectin by adipose tissue-derived cytokines: in vivo and in vitro investigations in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;285:E527-33 pubmed..This could be of importance for the association between cytokines (e.g., IL-6) and insulin resistance and atherosclerosis. ..
- Mann M, Hendrickson R, Pandey A. Analysis of proteins and proteomes by mass spectrometry. Annu Rev Biochem. 2001;70:437-73 pubmed..By these and similar strategies, entire protein complexes, signaling pathways, and whole organelles are being characterized. Posttranslational modifications remain difficult to analyze but are starting to yield to generic strategies. ..
- Pedersen J, Meyer I, Forsberg R, Simmonds P, Hein J. A comparative method for finding and folding RNA secondary structures within protein-coding regions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:4925-36 pubmed..When scanning the entire genomes of HCV and polio virus for structure elements, RNA-DECODER's results indicate a markedly higher specificity than MFOLD, PFOLD and RNAALIFOLD. ..
- Hansen J, Palmfeldt J, Vang S, Corydon T, Gregersen N, Bross P. Quantitative proteomics reveals cellular targets of celastrol. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26634 pubmed publisher..The extensive catalog of regulated proteins presented here identifies numerous cellular effects of celastrol and constitutes a valuable biomarker tool for the development and monitoration of disease treatment strategies. ..
- León I, Schwämmle V, Jensen O, Sprenger R. Quantitative assessment of in-solution digestion efficiency identifies optimal protocols for unbiased protein analysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:2992-3005 pubmed publisher..This deoxycholate-assisted protocol was also optimal for spin filter-aided digestions as compared with existing methods. ..
- Tange T, Jensen T, Kjems J. In vitro interaction between human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Rev protein and splicing factor ASF/SF2-associated protein, p32. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:10066-72 pubmed..Our data are consistent with a model in which p32 functions as a link between Rev and the cellular splicing apparatus. ..
- Hemmingsen L, Olsen L, Antony J, Sauer S. First principle calculations of (113)Cd chemical shifts for proteins and model systems. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2004;9:591-9 pubmed..In particular, the ligand type and coordination number are important factors, but also changes in cadmium-ligand bond lengths may cause significant changes of the chemical shift. ..
- Bendtsen J, Nielsen H, von Heijne G, Brunak S. Improved prediction of signal peptides: SignalP 3.0. J Mol Biol. 2004;340:783-95 pubmed publisher..The new method has been benchmarked against other available methods. Predictions can be made at the publicly available web server..
- Hansen M, Nielsen J, Retelska D, Larsen N, Leffers H. A shared promoter region suggests a common ancestor for the human VCX/Y, SPANX, and CSAG gene families and the murine CYPT family. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:219-29 pubmed..Finally, we present evidence that VCX/Y and SPANX may be paralogs with a similar protein structure consisting of C terminal acidic repeats of variable lengths. ..
- Krogager T, Nielsen L, Bak S, Young C, Ferreri C, Jensen O, et al. Identification of a potential biomarker panel for the intake of the common dietary trans fat elaidic acid (trans?9-C18:1). J Proteomics. 2012;75:2685-96 pubmed publisher..The results revealed that 37 proteins were regulated specifically in response to elaidic acid exposure, and nine of these proteins were confirmed to be regulated in this manner by using selected reaction monitoring mass spectrometry. ..
- Grunnet L, Nilsson E, Ling C, Hansen T, Pedersen O, Groop L, et al. Regulation and function of FTO mRNA expression in human skeletal muscle and subcutaneous adipose tissue. Diabetes. 2009;58:2402-8 pubmed publisher..The age-dependent decline in FTO expression is associated with peripheral defects of glucose and fat metabolism. ..
- Bergholdt R, Brorsson C, Lage K, Nielsen J, Brunak S, Pociot F. Expression profiling of human genetic and protein interaction networks in type 1 diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6250 pubmed publisher..To understand biological systems, integration of genetic and functional information is necessary, and the current study has used this approach to improve understanding of T1D and the underlying biological mechanisms. ..
- Rattan S. Synthesis, modification and turnover of proteins during aging. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;694:1-13 pubmed..Understanding the proteomic spectrum and its functional implications during aging can facilitate developing effective means of intervention, prevention and therapy of aging and age-related diseases. ..
- Yu S, Cowieson A, Gilbert C, Plumstead P, Dalsgaard S. Interactions of phytate and myo-inositol phosphate esters (IP1-5) including IP5 isomers with dietary protein and iron and inhibition of pepsin. J Anim Sci. 2012;90:1824-32 pubmed publisher..The current study, thus, stresses the importance of the efficient hydrolysis of IP(6) at lower pH range to alleviate the negative effect of phytic acid and its degradation products on protein and Fe(3+) digestion. ..
- Kristensen S, Pedersen G, Nejsum L, Sutherland D. Protein adsorption at nanopatterned surfaces studied by quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation and surface plasmon resonance. J Phys Chem B. 2013;117:10376-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a size limitation of those techniques in analysis of adsorption at nanofeatures. ..
- Peng Q, Mu H. The potential of protein-nanomaterial interaction for advanced drug delivery. J Control Release. 2016;225:121-32 pubmed publisher..Importantly, a discussion about how to use such interaction is launched and some possible applications of such interaction for advanced drug delivery are presented. ..
- Hedemann M, Pedersen A, Engberg R. Exocrine pancreatic secretion is stimulated in piglets fed fish oil compared with those fed coconut oil or lard. J Nutr. 2001;131:3222-6 pubmed..The apparent digestibilities of nutrients and energy were measured in feces and did not differ among groups. Thus, the greater output of lipase in fish oil-fed piglets did not result in a greater digestibility of fat in this diet. ..
- Boomsma W, Mardia K, Taylor C, Ferkinghoff Borg J, Krogh A, Hamelryck T. A generative, probabilistic model of local protein structure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8932-7 pubmed publisher..Our method represents a significant theoretical and practical improvement over the widely used fragment assembly technique by avoiding the drawbacks associated with a discrete and nonprobabilistic approach. ..
- Prentø P. Van Gieson's picrofuchsin. The staining mechanisms for collagen and cytoplasm, and an examination of the dye diffusion rate model of differential staining. Histochemistry. 1993;99:163-74 pubmed..This structure remains relatively open during and after dye-binding, and the bound dye ions are therefore easily exchanged for other dye ions. ..
- Grinder Pedersen L, Rasmussen S, Bugel S, Jørgensen L, Dragsted L, Gundersen V, et al. Effect of diets based on foods from conventional versus organic production on intake and excretion of flavonoids and markers of antioxidative defense in humans. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:5671-6 pubmed..The food production method affected the content of the major flavonoid, quercetin, in foods and also affected urinary flavonoids and markers of oxidation in humans. ..
- Jakobsen S, Larsen A, Stoltenberg M, Bruun J, Soballe K. Effects of as-cast and wrought Cobalt-Chrome-Molybdenum and Titanium-Aluminium-Vanadium alloys on cytokine gene expression and protein secretion in J774A.1 macrophages. Eur Cell Mater. 2007;14:45-54; discussion 54-5 pubmed..The results suggest that as-cast CoCrMo alloy is more inert than wrought CoCrMo and wrought TiAlV alloys and could prove to be a superior implant material generating less inflammation which might result in less osteolysis. ..
- Petersen B, Lundegaard C, Petersen T. NetTurnP--neural network prediction of beta-turns by use of evolutionary information and predicted protein sequence features. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15079 pubmed publisher..31, respectively. The NetTurnP method has been implemented as a webserver, which is freely available at http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/services/NetTurnP/. NetTurnP is the only available webserver that allows submission of multiple sequences. ..
- Orlando L, Ginolhac A, Zhang G, Froese D, Albrechtsen A, Stiller M, et al. Recalibrating Equus evolution using the genome sequence of an early Middle Pleistocene horse. Nature. 2013;499:74-8 pubmed publisher..Such regions could correspond to loci selected early during domestication. ..
- Sparre T, Christensen U, Mose Larsen P, Fey S, Wrzesinski K, Roepstorff P, et al. IL-1beta induced protein changes in diabetes prone BB rat islets of Langerhans identified by proteome analysis. Diabetologia. 2002;45:1550-61 pubmed..We demonstrate that proteome analysis is a powerful tool to identify proteins and pathways in BB-DP rat islets exposed to IL-1beta. ..
- Eirheim H, Bundgaard C, Nielsen H. Evaluation of different toxicity assays applied to proliferating cells and to stratified epithelium in relation to permeability enhancement with glycocholate. Toxicol In Vitro. 2004;18:649-57 pubmed..The present study clearly demonstrates that for a correlation between toxicity and permeability enhancement, both studies should be performed on the epithelium. ..
- Foster L, Rudich A, Talior I, Patel N, Huang X, Furtado L, et al. Insulin-dependent interactions of proteins with GLUT4 revealed through stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell culture (SILAC). J Proteome Res. 2006;5:64-75 pubmed
- Hayashi Y, Miclaus T, Engelmann P, Autrup H, Sutherland D, Scott Fordsmand J. Nanosilver pathophysiology in earthworms: Transcriptional profiling of secretory proteins and the implication for the protein corona. Nanotoxicology. 2016;10:303-11 pubmed publisher..This offers an intriguing perspective of the nanosilver pathophysiology in earthworms, in which the conserved pattern recognition receptor TLRs may play an effector role. ..
- Otzen D, Oliveberg M. A simple way to measure protein refolding rates in water. J Mol Biol. 2001;313:479-83 pubmed..The protein is denatured in SDS, and is then mixed with alpha-cyclodextrin, which rapidly strips SDS molecules from the protein, leaving the naked unfolded protein to refold. ..
- Aagaard L, Mikkelsen J, Warming S, Duch M, Pedersen F. Fv1-like restriction of N-tropic replication-competent murine leukaemia viruses in mCAT-1-expressing human cells. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:439-42 pubmed
- Oleksiewicz M, Thorup I, Nielsen H, Andersen H, Hegelund A, Iversen L, et al. Generalized cellular hypertrophy is induced by a dual-acting PPAR agonist in rat urinary bladder urothelium in vivo. Toxicol Pathol. 2005;33:552-60 pubmed..Urothelial hypertrophy might be a relevant early biological endpoint in mechanistic studies regarding the bladder-carcinogenic effect of PPAR agonists. ..
- Won K, Hamelryck T, Prügel Bennett A, Krogh A. An evolutionary method for learning HMM structure: prediction of protein secondary structure. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:357 pubmed..The protein secondary structure predictor using HMMs (P.S.HMM) is on-line available http://www.binf.ku.dk/~won/pshmm.htm. It runs under the single-sequence condition. ..
- Dengjel J, Høyer Hansen M, Nielsen M, Eisenberg T, Harder L, Schandorff S, et al. Identification of autophagosome-associated proteins and regulators by quantitative proteomic analysis and genetic screens. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:M111.014035 pubmed publisher..The combined spatiotemporal proteomic and genetic data sets presented here provide a basis for further characterization of autophagosome biogenesis and cargo selection...
- Bisgaard C, Bak S, Christensen T, Jensen O, Enghild J, Wiborg O. Vesicular signalling and immune modulation as hedonic fingerprints: proteomic profiling in the chronic mild stress depression model. J Psychopharmacol. 2012;26:1569-83 pubmed publisher..Our results pointed towards an essential role of post-translational modifications in both vesicular and immune protein systems. ..
- Damlund D, Metzdorff S, Hasselby J, Wiese M, Lundsager M, Nielsen D, et al. Postnatal Hematopoiesis and Gut Microbiota in NOD Mice Deviate from C57BL/6 Mice. J Diabetes Res. 2016;2016:6321980 pubmed publisher..Neonatal expression of Reg3g and Muc2 in the gut was deviating in NOD mice and coincided with fewer bacteria attaching to the Mucosal surface in NOD compared to C57BL/6 mice. ..
- Draeby I, Woods Y, la Cour J, Mollerup J, Bourdon J, Berchtold M. The calcium binding protein ALG-2 binds and stabilizes Scotin, a p53-inducible gene product localized at the endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;467:87-94 pubmed..In vitro and in vivo binding of ALG-2 to Scotin was demonstrated to be strictly calcium dependent indicating a role of this interaction in calcium signaling pathways. ..
- Nielsen R, Christensen E. Proteinuria and events beyond the slit. Pediatr Nephrol. 2010;25:813-22 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the origin of proteinuria and describes the structural fundament for protein reabsorption in the proximal tubule as well as conditions resulting in low molecular weight proteinuria. ..
- Jacobsen S, Andersen S, Højrup P. Amino acid sequence determination of a protein purified from the shell of the shrimp, Pandalus borealis. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 1994;109:209-17 pubmed..Characteristic features of the sequence are discussed and compared to sequences from insect cuticular proteins and other structural proteins...
- Cirera S, Fredholm M. Isolation and mapping the pig homologs survivin (BIRC5) and effector cell protease receptor 1 (EPR1) genes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;92:351-2 pubmed
- Karlsen A, Rønn S, Lindberg K, Johannesen J, Galsgaard E, Pociot F, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS-3) protects beta -cells against interleukin-1beta - and interferon-gamma -mediated toxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12191-6 pubmed
- Peters G, Bywater R. Influence of a lipid interface on protein dynamics in a fungal lipase. Biophys J. 2001;81:3052-65 pubmed
- Sanggaard K, Karring H, Valnickova Z, Thøgersen I, Enghild J. The TSG-6 and I alpha I interaction promotes a transesterification cleaving the protein-glycosaminoglycan-protein (PGP) cross-link. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11936-42 pubmed..An intermediate is formed resulting in a partitioning of the reaction between HC(1 or 2).TSG-6 complexes and transfer of HC(1 or 2) to the chondroitin via competing pathways. ..
- Bay K, Main K, Toppari J, Skakkebæk N. Testicular descent: INSL3, testosterone, genes and the intrauterine milieu. Nat Rev Urol. 2011;8:187-96 pubmed publisher..Overall, the etiology of isolated cryptorchidism seems to be complex and multifactorial, involving both genetic and nongenetic components...
- Andreasen L, Bolund L, Niemann I, Hansen E, Sunde L. Mosaic moles and non-familial biparental moles are not caused by mutations in NLRP7, NLRP2 or C6orf221. Mol Hum Reprod. 2012;18:593-8 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that although NLRP7 and C6orf221 mutations are related to diploid biparental FRHMs, neither of these genes, nor NLRP2, are related to diploid HMs with biparental contributions to the molar genome, in general. ..
- Bunkenborg J, Espadas G, Molina H. Cutting edge proteomics: benchmarking of six commercial trypsins. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:3631-41 pubmed publisher..The label-free analysis was shown to be more sensitive to unique features from the individual digests that were lost in the TMT-multiplexing study. ..
- Gniadecka M, Philipsen P, Sigurdsson S, Wessel S, Nielsen O, Christensen D, et al. Melanoma diagnosis by Raman spectroscopy and neural networks: structure alterations in proteins and lipids in intact cancer tissue. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:443-9 pubmed..We propose that neural network analysis of near-infrared Fourier transform Raman spectra could provide a novel method for rapid, automated skin cancer diagnosis on unstained skin samples. ..
- Boomsma W, Hamelryck T. Full cyclic coordinate descent: solving the protein loop closure problem in Calpha space. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:159 pubmed..The presence of constraints on the angles only has a small effect on the performance. A reference implementation of FCCD in Python is available as supplementary information. ..
- Siggaard C, Christensen J, Corydon T, Rittig S, Robertson G, Gregersen N, et al. Expression of three different mutations in the arginine vasopressin gene suggests genotype-phenotype correlation in familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus kindreds. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005;63:207-16 pubmed..The study suggests a genotype-phenotype correlation with regard to age of onset of diabetes insipidus symptoms and provides support by expression studies. ..
- Jensen P, Jørgensen T, Koefoed K, Nygaard F, Sen J. Affinity capture of biotinylated proteins at acidic conditions to facilitate hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry analysis of multimeric protein complexes. Anal Chem. 2013;85:7052-9 pubmed publisher..We present a workflow for biotinylation and characterization of recombinant antibodies and demonstrate affinity capture of biotinylated antibodies under hydrogen/deuterium exchange quench conditions by the biotin-streptavidin strategy. ..
- Kjaergaard M, Teilum K, Poulsen F. Conformational selection in the molten globule state of the nuclear coactivator binding domain of CBP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12535-40 pubmed publisher..This conformer resembles the structure of the NCBD in complex with the protein ligand, ACTR, suggesting that ACTR binds to prefolded NCBD molecules from the ensemble of interconverting structures. ..
- Blomstrand E, Saltin B. BCAA intake affects protein metabolism in muscle after but not during exercise in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;281:E365-74 pubmed..The effect in the recovery period does not seem to be mediated by insulin...
- Vestergaard E, Brynskov J, Ejskjaer K, Clausen J, Thim L, Nexø E, et al. Immunoassays of human trefoil factors 1 and 2: measured on serum from patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2004;64:146-56 pubmed..We have developed assays for measuring TFF1 and TFF2. Finding increased TFF concentrations in serum from IBD patients suggests that measurements of trefoil peptides may be of clinical relevance in IBD. ..
- Gouveia Oliveira R, Roque F, Wernersson R, Sicheritz Ponten T, Sackett P, Mølgaard A, et al. InterMap3D: predicting and visualizing co-evolving protein residues. Bioinformatics. 2009;25:1963-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, InterMap3D generates high-quality images of the protein with the predicted co-evolving residues highlighted. http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/services/InterMap3D/. ..
- Hansen J, Petersen S, Andersen K, Enghild J, Damhus T, Otzen D. Stable intermediates determine proteins' primary unfolding sites in the presence of surfactants. Biopolymers. 2009;91:221-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, for proteins accumulating stable intermediates on the folding pathway, surfactants encourage the formation of these states, while the situation is more complex for proteins that do not form these intermediates...
- Wiechec E, Wiuf C, Overgaard J, Hansen L. High-resolution melting analysis for mutation screening of RGSL1, RGS16, and RGS8 in breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011;20:397-407 pubmed publisher..Identification of novel mutations within RGSL1 provides a new insight into the pathophysiology of breast cancer. Moreover, the HRM analysis represents a reliable and highly sensitive method for mutation scanning of multiple exons. ..
- Fleckner J, Rasmussen H, Justesen J. Human interferon gamma potently induces the synthesis of a 55-kDa protein (gamma 2) highly homologous to rabbit peptide chain release factor and bovine tryptophanyl-tRNA synthetase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:11520-4 pubmed..The gamma 2 protein is shown to possess tryptophan-dependent aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase activity and thus constitutes an enzymatic activity involved in the biological activity of IFN-gamma. ..
- Hendil K, Khan S, Tanaka K. Simultaneous binding of PA28 and PA700 activators to 20 S proteasomes. Biochem J. 1998;332 ( Pt 3):749-54 pubmed..Conceivably, intact substrate proteins are recognized by PA700 and fed into proteasomes whose cleavage specificity is optimized for antigen presentation on MHC class I by PA28 and three interferon inducible proteasome subunits. ..
- Borg S, Pødenphant L, Jensen T, Poulsen C. Plant cell growth and differentiation may involve GAP regulation of Rac activity. FEBS Lett. 1999;453:341-5 pubmed..In this investigation we have developed some tools that can be used to characterize the role of enhanced LjRac2 expression in developing root nodules. ..
- Hansen K, Farkas T, Lukas J, Holm K, Ronnstrand L, Bartek J. Phosphorylation-dependent and -independent functions of p130 cooperate to evoke a sustained G1 block. EMBO J. 2001;20:422-32 pubmed
- Farkas T, Hansen K, Holm K, Lukas J, Bartek J. Distinct phosphorylation events regulate p130- and p107-mediated repression of E2F-4. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26741-52 pubmed..These results further elucidate the complex regulation of p130 and provide a molecular mechanism to explain the differential control of p107 and p130 by cyclin-dependent kinases. ..
- Hein M, Valore E, Helmig R, Uldbjerg N, Ganz T. Antimicrobial factors in the cervical mucus plug. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002;187:137-44 pubmed..We analyzed the composition and antimicrobial activity of cervical mucus plugs...
- Blagoev B, Kratchmarova I, Nielsen M, Fernandez M, Voldby J, Andersen J, et al. Inhibition of adipocyte differentiation by resistin-like molecule alpha. Biochemical characterization of its oligomeric nature. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42011-6 pubmed..Since RELMalpha is expressed by adipose tissue and it is a secreted factor, our findings suggest that RELMalpha may be involved in the control of the adipogenesis as well as in the process of muscle differentiation. ..
- Vogel U, Møller P, Dragsted L, Loft S, Pedersen A, Sandström B. Inter-individual variation, seasonal variation and close correlation of OGG1 and ERCC1 mRNA levels in full blood from healthy volunteers. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:1505-9 pubmed..Thus, despite seasonal variation of the individual mRNA levels, the inter-person variation is still far larger than the intra-person variation, supporting the use as biomarkers. ..
- Mitchelmore C, Büchmann Møller S, Rask L, West M, Troncoso J, Jensen N. NDRG2: a novel Alzheimer's disease associated protein. Neurobiol Dis. 2004;16:48-58 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that NDRG2 upregulation is associated with disease pathogenesis in the human brain and provide new insight into the molecular changes that occur in AD. ..
- Nielsen K, Heegaard S, Vorum H, Birkenkamp Demtroder K, Ehlers N, Orntoft T. Altered expression of CLC, DSG3, EMP3, S100A2, and SLPI in corneal epithelium from keratoconus patients. Cornea. 2005;24:661-8 pubmed..These alterations, in combination with earlier findings, strongly demonstrate the genes to be involved in the corneal disease. We suggest the unambiguously expressed DSG3 protein to be used as a marker for keratoconus. ..
- Ravnskjaer K, Boergesen M, Dalgaard L, Mandrup S. Glucose-induced repression of PPARalpha gene expression in pancreatic beta-cells involves PP2A activation and AMPK inactivation. J Mol Endocrinol. 2006;36:289-99 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of protein phosphatase 2A and subsequent inactivation of AMPK is necessary for glucose repression of PPARalpha expression in pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Hass M, Led J. Evaluation of two simplified 15N-NMR methods for determining micros-ms dynamics of proteins. Magn Reson Chem. 2006;44:761-9 pubmed..For exchange terms <1 s(-1) neither method is reliable...
- Pedersen L, Rompolas P, Christensen S, Rosenbaum J, King S. The lissencephaly protein Lis1 is present in motile mammalian cilia and requires outer arm dynein for targeting to Chlamydomonas flagella. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:858-67 pubmed..Our results suggest that Lis1 and NudC are present in cilia and flagella and may regulate outer dynein arm activity. ..
- Nielsen J, Hoffert J, Knepper M, Agre P, Nielsen S, Fenton R. Proteomic analysis of lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus: mechanisms for aquaporin 2 down-regulation and cellular proliferation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3634-9 pubmed publisher..This study provides a comprehensive analysis of the proteins affected by lithium treatment in the IMCD and, as such, provides clues to potential lithium targets in the brain. ..
- Kidmose R, Laursen N, Dobó J, Kjaer T, Sirotkina S, Yatime L, et al. Structural basis for activation of the complement system by component C4 cleavage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15425-30 pubmed..Our results provide a unified structural framework for understanding the early and essential step of C4 cleavage in the elimination of pathogens and altered self through two major pathways of complement activation. ..
- Winther J, Thorpe C. Quantification of thiols and disulfides. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:838-46 pubmed publisher..Dissecting the extent of oxidation and reduction of disulfides is an ongoing challenge due, in part, to the facility of thiol/disulfide exchange reactions...
- Sørensen C, Krogh Pedersen H, Petersen T. Determination of the disulphide bridge arrangement of bovine histidine-rich glycoprotein. FEBS Lett. 1993;328:285-90 pubmed
- Ramløv H. Aspects of natural cold tolerance in ectothermic animals. Hum Reprod. 2000;15 Suppl 5:26-46 pubmed..The mechanisms employed by such animals may offer ideas and information on alternative approaches which might be usefully employed in the cryopreservation of cells and tissues frequently required in assisted reproductive technology...
- Kuster B, Mortensen P, Andersen J, Mann M. Mass spectrometry allows direct identification of proteins in large genomes. Proteomics. 2001;1:641-50 pubmed..Several novel proteins from Arabidopsis thaliana and human have been discovered in this way. ..
- Brasch Andersen C, Tan Q, Børglum A, Haagerup A, Larsen T, Vestbo J, et al. Significant linkage to chromosome 12q24.32-q24.33 and identification of SFRS8 as a possible asthma susceptibility gene. Thorax. 2006;61:874-9 pubmed..Linkage and simulation studies show that the very distal part of chromosome 12q contains a gene that increases the susceptibility to asthma. SFRS8 could act as a weak predisposing gene for asthma in our sample. ..
- Grossi A, Yadav K, Lawson M. Mechanical stimulation increases proliferation, differentiation and protein expression in culture: stimulation effects are substrate dependent. J Biomech. 2007;40:3354-62 pubmed..Cells stimulated via fibronectin receptors show no significant increases in fusion competence. We conclude that load induced signalling through integrin containing laminin recepotors plays a role in myoblast differentiation and fusion. ..
- Svendsen A, Vrecl M, Ellis T, Heding A, Kristensen J, Wade J, et al. Cooperative binding of insulin-like Peptide 3 to a dimeric relaxin family peptide receptor 2. Endocrinology. 2008;149:1113-20 pubmed..Bioluminescence resonance energy transfer (BRET(2)) experiments confirmed that RXFP2 forms constitutive homodimers. Heterodimerization between RXFP2 and RXFP1 was also observed. ..
- Sajid W, Kulahin N, Schluckebier G, Ribel U, Henderson H, Tatar M, et al. Structural and biological properties of the Drosophila insulin-like peptide 5 show evolutionary conservation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:661-73 pubmed publisher..DILP5 also binds to insect insulin-binding proteins. These results show high evolutionary conservation of the insulin receptor binding properties despite divergent insulin dimerization mechanisms. ..
- Haubek D, Gjørup H, Jensen L, Juncker I, Nyegaard M, Børglum A, et al. Limited phenotypic variation of hypocalcified amelogenesis imperfecta in a Danish five-generation family with a novel FAM83H nonsense mutation. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2011;21:407-12 pubmed publisher..Q452X in one of these patients. CONCLUSION.? We have identified a FAM83H mutation in two of six unrelated families with ADHCAI and found limited phenotypic variation of the enamel in these patients. ..
- Akimov V, Rigbolt K, Nielsen M, Blagoev B. Characterization of ubiquitination dependent dynamics in growth factor receptor signaling by quantitative proteomics. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:3223-33 pubmed publisher..This is a general strategy that can be utilized to study the dynamics of other cellular systems and post-translational modifications. ..