Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ppar gamma in Taiwan
Topic: ppar gamma
- Ho T, Chen S, Shih S, Chang S, Yang S, Hsieh J, et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) promotes tumor cell death by inducing macrophage membrane tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35943-54 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel mechanism for the tumoricidal activity of PEDF, which involves tumor cell killing via PPAR?-mediated TRAIL induction in macrophages. ..
- Yang L, Chen T, Yu S, Chen Y. Olanzapine induces SREBP-1-related adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. Pharmacol Res. 2007;56:202-8 pubmed..Taken together, olanzapine may cause body weight gain not only through influencing CNS receptors, but also affecting the peripheral adipogenesis regulated by SREBP-1. ..
- Lin T, Cheung W, Wu J, Chen J, Lin H, Chen J, et al. 15d-prostaglandin J2 protects brain from ischemia-reperfusion injury. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:481-7 pubmed..15d-PGJ2 suppressed ischemic brain infarction and neuronal apoptosis and necrosis in a PPARgamma dependent manner. 15d-PGJ2 may play a role in controlling acute brain damage induced by ischemia-reperfusion. ..
- Ho T, Chen S, Shih S, Wu J, Han W, Cheng H, et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor is an intrinsic antifibrosis factor targeting hepatic stellate cells. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:1798-811 pubmed publisher..Direct inactivation of HSCs and the induction of apoptosis of activated HSCs may be two of the mechanisms by which PEDF suppresses liver cirrhosis. ..
- Lin J, Tarn W, Hsieh W. Emerging role for RNA binding motif protein 4 in the development of brown adipocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:769-79 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose the emerging role of RBM4 in regulating the adipocyte-specific splicing events and transcription cascade, which subsequently facilitate the development and function of brown adipocyte-like cells. ..
- Chan S, Wu K, Kung P, Chan J. Oral intake of rosiglitazone promotes a central antihypertensive effect via upregulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma and alleviation of oxidative stress in rostral ventrolateral medulla of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hypertension. 2010;55:1444-53 pubmed publisher
- Liang Y, Liu Y, Chen C, Lai L, Shyu K, Juang S, et al. Comparison of PPAR? and PPAR? in inhibiting the pro-inflammatory effects of C-reactive protein in endothelial cells. Int J Cardiol. 2010;143:361-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that PPAR? attenuated CRP-induced pro-inflammatory effects may through CD32 and NF-?B pathway. PPAR? may serve as a more potent therapeutic target than PPAR? in atherosclerosis or inflammatory therapy. ..
- Lee H, Su Y, Yin P, Lee H, Chi C. PPAR(gamma)/PGC-1(alpha) pathway in E-cadherin expression and motility of HepG2 cells. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:5057-63 pubmed..PPARgamma/PGC-1alpha pathway plays a crucial role in modulating E-cadherin expression and motility of HepG2 cells and may be a potential target for the prevention of HCC metastasis. ..
- Hsieh M, Lin K, Tien K, Tu S, Hsiao J, Chang S, et al. Common polymorphisms of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (Pro12Ala) and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1 (Gly482Ser) and the response to pioglitazone in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2010;59:1139-44 pubmed publisher..These findings may be helpful for targeted treatment of diabetes by identifying patients who are likely to respond to pioglitazone. ..
- Cheng M, Pan T. Glyceryl 1,3-Dipalmitate Produced from Lactobacillus paracasei subspecies. paracasei NTU 101 Inhibits Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation and Reperfusion-Induced Oxidative Stress via Upregulation of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor ? in Neuronal SH-. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:7926-7933 pubmed publisher..We conclude that GD prevents SH-SY5Y cells from injury after OGD/R insult, possibly by modulating oxidative stress and inflammatory response. ..
- Hsu W, Lee B, Liao T, Hsu Y, Pan T. Monascus-fermented metabolite monascin suppresses inflammation via PPAR-? regulation and JNK inactivation in THP-1 monocytes. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:1178-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, the metabolites from Monascus fermentation may serve as a dietary source of anti-inflammatory agents. ..
- Yu Y, Chang Y, Su T, Nong J, Li C, Chuang L. Prostaglandin reductase-3 negatively modulates adipogenesis through regulation of PPAR? activity. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2391-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of PTGR-3 might provide a novel avenue for treating obesity and related metabolic disorders. ..
- Pan H, Yang C, Hung Y, Lee W, Tien H, Shen C, et al. Reciprocal modulation of C/EBP-? and C/EBP-? by IL-13 in activated microglia prevents neuronal death. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2854-65 pubmed publisher..In parallel, ER stress-related calpain downregulates the PPAR-?/HO-1 pathway via C/EBP-? and leads to aggravated death of activated microglia via IL-13, thereby preventing cerebral inflammation and neuronal injury. ..
- Liu S, Yang C, Pan H, Sung Y, Liao K, Chen W, et al. IL-13 downregulates PPAR-gamma/heme oxygenase-1 via ER stress-stimulated calpain activation: aggravation of activated microglia death. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1465-76 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that an ER stress-related calpain-down-regulated PPAR-gamma/HO-1 pathway is involved in the IL-13-enhanced activated death of microglia. ..
- Lee K, Hsieh Y, Yang Y, Chan C, Huang Y, Lin H. Aliskiren Reduces Hepatic steatosis and Epididymal Fat Mass and Increases Skeletal Muscle Insulin Sensitivity in High-Fat Diet-Fed Mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18899 pubmed publisher..Based on these beneficial effects on liver, peripheral fat and skeletal muscle, aliskiren is a promising therapeutic agent for patients with NAFLD. ..
- Chuang Y, Lin T, Yang D, Yang J, Liou C, Chen S. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma dependent pathway reduces the phosphorylation of dynamin-related protein 1 and ameliorates hippocampal injury induced by global ischemia in rats. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:44 pubmed publisher..PPAR? agonist, through PPAR?-dependent mechanism and via decreasing p-Drp1(Ser616) expression, can exert anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic effects against ischemic neuronal injury. ..
- Ho T, Chen S, Yang Y, Liao C, Cheng H, Tsao Y. PEDF induces p53-mediated apoptosis through PPAR gamma signaling in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;76:213-23 pubmed..With the growing interest in anti-angiogenesis as a novel approach to cancer therapy, defining the mechanism of PEDF-mediated HUVEC apoptosis may facilitate the development of new therapeutics. ..
- Lee M, Chen H, Ho M, Chen C, Chuang S, Huang S, et al. PPAR? silencing enhances osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2013;17:1188-93 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that transient suppression of PPAR? promotes the onset of osteogenesis, and may be considered a new strategy to stimulate bone formation in bone tissue engineering using hADSCs. ..
- Wu J, Cheung W, Tsai Y, Chen Y, Fong W, Tsai H, et al. Ligand-activated peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma protects against ischemic cerebral infarction and neuronal apoptosis by 14-3-3 epsilon upregulation. Circulation. 2009;119:1124-34 pubmed publisher..14-3-3epsilon Upregulation enhances sequestration of phosphorylated Bad and thereby suppresses apoptosis. ..
- Liu S, Shen C, Yi Y, Tsai J, Wang C, Chueh J, et al. Honokiol inhibits gastric tumourigenesis by activation of 15-lipoxygenase-1 and consequent inhibition of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma and COX-2-dependent signals. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:1963-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that induction of 15-LOX-1-mediated down-regulation of a PPAR-gamma and COX-2 pathway by honokiol may be a promising therapeutic strategy for gastric cancer. ..
- Chiang M, Chen C, Lee M, Chen H, Chen H, Wu Y, et al. Modulation of energy deficiency in Huntington's disease via activation of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:4043-58 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that the systematic downregulation of PPAR? seems to play a critical role in the dysregulation of energy homeostasis observed in HD, and that PPAR? is a potential therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Sabbagha N, Kao H, Yang C, Huang C, Lin W, Tsai F, et al. Alternative splicing in Acad8 resulting a mitochondrial defect and progressive hepatic steatosis in mice. Pediatr Res. 2011;70:31-6 pubmed publisher..This mouse model of isobutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency could provide us a better understanding of the possible role of IBD deficiency in mitochondriopathy and fatty liver. ..
- Lee B, Hsu W, Liao T, Pan T. The Monascus metabolite monascin against TNF-?-induced insulin resistance via suppressing PPAR-? phosphorylation in C2C12 myotubes. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011;49:2609-17 pubmed publisher..Briefly, MS as pioglitazone, stabilized PPAR-? structure and diminished PPAR-? phosphorylation thereby improving insulin resistance...
- Chou W, Chuang L, Chou C, Wang A, Lawson J, Fitzgerald G, et al. Identification of a novel prostaglandin reductase reveals the involvement of prostaglandin E2 catabolism in regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18162-72 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel link between catabolism of PGE2 and regulation of ligand-induced PPARgamma activation. ..
- Chang C, Hsieh M, Liao S, Chen Y, Cheng C, Huang P, et al. Hyaluronan regulates PPAR? and inflammatory responses in IL-1?-stimulated human chondrosarcoma cells, a model for osteoarthritis. Carbohydr Polym. 2012;90:1168-75 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the cells had overall opposite responses to oligo-HA. In conclusion, HMW-HA and oligo-HA exerted differential inflammatory responses via PPAR? in IL-1?-treated chondrosarcoma cells...
- Chen Y, Sheu M, Tsai K, Yang R, Liu S. Advanced glycation end products induce peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? down-regulation-related inflammatory signals in human chondrocytes via Toll-like receptor-4 and receptor for advanced glycation end products. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66611 pubmed publisher
- Wu C, Lin Y, Huang Y. Hepatitis C virus core protein stimulates fibrogenesis in hepatic stellate cells involving the obese receptor. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:541-50 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a new finding that HCVcp induced ObR-dependent Janus Kinase (JAK) 2-STAT3, AMPK?, and AKT signaling pathways and modulated downstream fibrogenetic gene expression in HSCs...
- Bai L, Chiu C, Chu P, Lin W, Chiu S, Weng J. A triterpenoid from wild bitter gourd inhibits breast cancer cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22419 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings provided the translational value of TCD and wild bitter gourd as an antitumor agent for patients with breast cancer. ..
- Lin T, Tang C, Wu K, Fong Y, Yang R, Fu W. 15-deoxy-?(12,14) -prostaglandin-J2 and ciglitazone inhibit TNF-?-induced matrix metalloproteinase 13 production via the antagonism of NF-?B activation in human synovial fibroblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:3242-50 pubmed publisher..These compounds may have therapeutic application in inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Chiang M, Chern Y, Juo C. The dysfunction of hepatic transcriptional factors in mice with Huntington's Disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1812:1111-20 pubmed publisher..These findings show that the impairment of PPAR? contributes to the liver dysfunction observed in HD. Treatment with PPAR? agents (TZD and rosiglitazone) enhanced the function of PPAR?, and might lead to therapeutic benefits. ..
- Wu L, Hsieh C, Pei D, Hung Y, Kuo S, Lin E. Association and interaction analyses of genetic variants in ADIPOQ, ENPP1, GHSR, PPARgamma and TCF7L2 genes for diabetic nephropathy in a Taiwanese population with type 2 diabetes. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:3360-6 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the SNPs from the T2D-related genes may contribute to the risk of DN in T2D independently and/or in an interactive manner in Taiwanese T2D patients. ..
- Cheng H, Ho T, Chen S, Lai H, Hong K, Tsao Y. Troglitazone suppresses transforming growth factor beta-mediated fibrogenesis in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Mol Vis. 2008;14:95-104 pubmed..On the other hand, TGZ does not alter the levels of TGFbeta2-induced p38 MAPK phosphorylation, the effect of TGZ is unlikely to be mediated by p38 MAPK signaling. ..
- Yu Y, Wu S, Cheng W, Mersmann H, Ding S. Ectopic expression of porcine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta regulates adipogenesis in mouse myoblasts. J Anim Sci. 2008;86:64-72 pubmed..However, the complexity and interaction of PPARdelta and PPARgamma in adipogenesis are not clearly understood. ..
- Ho T, Yang Y, Chen S, Kuo P, Sytwu H, Cheng H, et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor induces THP-1 macrophage apoptosis and necrosis by the induction of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:898-909 pubmed..Our observations indicate that PEDF induces macrophage apoptosis and necrosis through the signaling of PPARgamma. This suggests a novel mechanism through which PEDF can modulate inflammation. ..
- Lin T, Yang R, Tang C, Lin C, Fu W. PPARgamma inhibits osteogenesis via the down-regulation of the expression of COX-2 and iNOS in rats. Bone. 2007;41:562-74 pubmed..These data may reflect osteoporosis and less bone formation in the aging people and patients treated with thiazolidinediones. ..
- Lu I, Huang C, Peng Y, Lin Y, Hsieh H, Chen C, et al. Structure-based drug design of a novel family of PPARgamma partial agonists: virtual screening, X-ray crystallography, and in vitro/in vivo biological activities. J Med Chem. 2006;49:2703-12 pubmed..e., PPARalpha and PPARdelta, and steric hindrance upon the ligand binding. ..
- Chuang Y, Lin T, Huang H, Chang W, Liou C, Chen S, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors ?/mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 signaling protects against seizure-induced neuronal cell death in the hippocampus following experimental status epilepticus. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:184 pubmed