Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear proteins in Sweden
Topic: nuclear proteins
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Matsumoto T, Schiller P, Dieterich L, Bahram F, Iribe Y, Hellman U, et al. Ninein is expressed in the cytoplasm of angiogenic tip-cells and regulates tubular morphogenesis of endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:2123-30 pubmed publisher..These data strongly implicate ninein as an important new regulator of angiogenesis. ..
- Lundberg L, Kim M, Johansson A, Faucillion M, Josupeit R, Larsson J. Targeting of Painting of fourth to roX1 and roX2 proximal sites suggests evolutionary links between dosage compensation and the regulation of the fourth chromosome in Drosophila melanogaster. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1325-34 pubmed publisher..The results presented support a model linking the MSL-complex to POF and dosage compensation to regulation of heterochromatin. ..
- von Holstein S, Fehr A, Persson M, Nickelsen M, Therkildsen M, Prause J, et al. Lacrimal gland pleomorphic adenoma and carcinoma ex pleomorphic adenoma: genomic profiles, gene fusions, and clinical characteristics. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:1125-33 pubmed publisher..Copy number gains involving 9p23-p22.3 (NFIB) and 22q12-qter (PDGFB) may be of importance for disease progression in a subset of lacrimal gland PAs. ..
- Kashuba E, Mattsson K, Pokrovskaja K, Kiss C, Protopopova M, Ehlin Henriksson B, et al. EBV-encoded EBNA-5 associates with P14ARF in extranucleolar inclusions and prolongs the survival of P14ARF-expressing cells. Int J Cancer. 2003;105:644-53 pubmed publisher..The inclusions also contained p53 and HDM2, and were surrounded by PML bodies and proteasomes, which suggests that these inclusions could be targets for proteasome dependent protein degradation...
- Roth P, Xylourgidis N, Sabri N, Uv A, Fornerod M, Samakovlis C. The Drosophila nucleoporin DNup88 localizes DNup214 and CRM1 on the nuclear envelope and attenuates NES-mediated nuclear export. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:701-6 pubmed..We propose that a major function of DNup88 is to anchor DNup214 and CRM1 on the nuclear envelope and thereby attenuate NES-mediated nuclear export. ..
- Krull S, Thyberg J, Bjorkroth B, Rackwitz H, Cordes V. Nucleoporins as components of the nuclear pore complex core structure and Tpr as the architectural element of the nuclear basket. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4261-77 pubmed..We propose a model in which Tpr constitutes the central architectural element that forms the scaffold of the nuclear basket. ..
- Jansson A, Johansson P, Li S, Rymo L. Activity of the LMP1 gene promoter in Epstein-Barr virus-transformed cell lines is modulated by sequence variations in the promoter-proximal CRE site. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:1887-94 pubmed..Overall, our results suggest that the mutations in the LRS CRE site have been conserved to adjust LMP1 expression to levels that favour cell survival in certain cellular and environmental contexts. ..
- Lindholm C, Gylfe E, Zhang W, Samelson L, Welsh M. Requirement of the Src homology 2 domain protein Shb for T cell receptor-dependent activation of the interleukin-2 gene nuclear factor for activation of T cells element in Jurkat T cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28050-7 pubmed..The results indicate a role for Shb as a link between the TCR and downstream signaling events involving LAT and PLC-gamma1 and resulting in the activation of transcription of the interleukin-2 gene. ..
- Carrero P, Okamoto K, Coumailleau P, O BRIEN S, Tanaka H, Poellinger L. Redox-regulated recruitment of the transcriptional coactivators CREB-binding protein and SRC-1 to hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:402-15 pubmed
- Sorensen L, Ekstrand M, Silva J, Lindqvist E, Xu B, Rustin P, et al. Late-onset corticohippocampal neurodepletion attributable to catastrophic failure of oxidative phosphorylation in MILON mice. J Neurosci. 2001;21:8082-90 pubmed..The MILON mouse model provides a novel and powerful tool for additional studies of the role for respiratory chain deficiency in neurodegeneration and aging. ..
- Pereira T, Zheng X, Ruas J, Tanimoto K, Poellinger L. Identification of residues critical for regulation of protein stability and the transactivation function of the hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha by the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor gene product. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6816-23 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified by mutation analysis several residues that are critical for either one or both of the interdigitated and conditionally regulated degradation and transactivation functions of the N-TAD of HIF-1alpha. ..
- Lähdesmäki A, Taylor A, Chrzanowska K, Pan Hammarstrom Q. Delineation of the role of the Mre11 complex in class switch recombination. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16479-87 pubmed
- Lightfoot D, Kouznetsova A, Mahdy E, Wilbertz J, Hoog C. The fate of mosaic aneuploid embryos during mouse development. Dev Biol. 2006;289:384-94 pubmed..This gestational loss due to aneuploid mosaicism could account for the large proportion of human pregnancy loss prior to clinical recognition. ..
- Kurisaki A, Kurisaki K, Kowanetz M, Sugino H, Yoneda Y, Heldin C, et al. The mechanism of nuclear export of Smad3 involves exportin 4 and Ran. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:1318-32 pubmed..A short peptide representing the minimal interaction domain in Smad3 effectively competes with Smad3 association to exportin 4 and blocks nuclear export of Smad3 in vivo. We thus delineate a novel nuclear export pathway for Smad3. ..
- Ryme J, Asp P, Böhm S, Cavellán E, Farrants A. Variations in the composition of mammalian SWI/SNF chromatin remodelling complexes. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:565-76 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the constellations of SWI/SNF complexes are "tailored" for each specific chromatin target and depend on the local chromatin environment to which complexes and sub-complexes are recruited. ..
- Ren J, Albinsson S, Hellstrand P. Distinct effects of voltage- and store-dependent calcium influx on stretch-induced differentiation and growth in vascular smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:31829-39 pubmed publisher..Compartmentation of Ca(2+) entry pathways appears as one mechanism whereby extracellular and membrane signals influence smooth muscle phenotype regulation, with MEF2 as a focal point. ..
- Panagopoulos I, Fioretos T, Isaksson M, Samuelsson U, Billström R, Strombeck B, et al. Fusion of the MORF and CBP genes in acute myeloid leukemia with the t(10;16)(q22;p13). Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:395-404 pubmed..Since both fusion transcripts were present, their exact role in the leukemogenic process remains to be elucidated. ..
- Korhonen L, Belluardo N, Mudo G, Lindholm D. Increase in Bcl-2 phosphorylation and reduced levels of BH3-only Bcl-2 family proteins in kainic acid-mediated neuronal death in the rat brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:1121-34 pubmed..The results indicate that not only the relative levels of Bcl-2 family proteins but also conformation changes and post-translational modifications contribute to neuronal death following kainic acid. ..
- Vilborg A, Glahder J, Wilhelm M, Bersani C, Corcoran M, Mahmoudi S, et al. The p53 target Wig-1 regulates p53 mRNA stability through an AU-rich element. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15756-61 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a previously undescribed link between the tumor suppressor p53 and posttranscriptional gene regulation via AREs in mRNA. ..
- Malewicz M, Kadkhodaei B, Kee N, Volakakis N, Hellman U, Viktorsson K, et al. Essential role for DNA-PK-mediated phosphorylation of NR4A nuclear orphan receptors in DNA double-strand break repair. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2031-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, NR4As represent an entirely novel component of DNA damage response and are substrates of DNA-PK in the process of DSB repair. ..
- Partheen K, Levan K, Osterberg L, Claesson I, Sundfeldt K, Horvath G. External validation suggests Integrin beta 3 as prognostic biomarker in serous ovarian adenocarcinomas. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:336 pubmed publisher..The loss of ITGB3 expression in tumours from deceased patients and high expression in tumours from survivors could be used as a biomarker for patients with advanced serous tumours. ..
- Wagner N, Weyhersmüller A, Blauth A, Schuhmann T, Heckmann M, Krohne G, et al. The Drosophila LEM-domain protein MAN1 antagonizes BMP signaling at the neuromuscular junction and the wing crossveins. Dev Biol. 2010;339:1-13 pubmed publisher..Genetic interaction experiments suggest that MAN1 is a BMP signaling antagonist both at the NMJ and during CV formation. ..
- Hansson H, Okoh M, Smith C, Vihinen M, Hard T. Intermolecular interactions between the SH3 domain and the proline-rich TH region of Bruton's tyrosine kinase. FEBS Lett. 2001;489:67-70 pubmed..The intermolecular interactions do, at least in part, involve proline-rich sequences in the TH region. This behavior of Btk PRR-SH3 may have implications for the functional action of Btk. ..
- Leveen P, Larsson J, Ehinger M, Cilio C, Sundler M, Sjöstrand L, et al. Induced disruption of the transforming growth factor beta type II receptor gene in mice causes a lethal inflammatory disorder that is transplantable. Blood. 2002;100:560-8 pubmed..This animal model provides an important tool to further clarify the pathogenic mechanisms in animals deficient for TGF-beta signaling and the importance of TGF-beta to regulate immune functions. ..
- Cheng W, Giandomenico V, Pastan I, Essand M. Characterization of the androgen-regulated prostate-specific T cell receptor gamma-chain alternate reading frame protein (TARP) promoter. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3433-40 pubmed..Thus, our studies define a regulatory sequence that may be used to restrict expression of therapeutic genes to prostate cancer cells and may therefore play a role in prostate cancer gene therapy. ..
- Bylund M, Andersson E, Novitch B, Muhr J. Vertebrate neurogenesis is counteracted by Sox1-3 activity. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:1162-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the generation of neurons from stem cells depends on the inhibition of Sox1-3 expression by proneural proteins. ..
- Loinder K, Soderstrom M. Functional analyses of an LXXLL motif in nuclear receptor corepressor (N-CoR). J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;91:191-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that the LDNLL motif in N-CoR has functional significance because it mediates interaction with nuclear receptors such as RARalpha and TRbeta. ..
- Geli J, Nord B, Frisk T, Edström Elder E, Ekström T, Carling T, et al. Deletions and altered expression of the RIZ1 tumour suppressor gene in 1p36 in pheochromocytomas and abdominal paragangliomas. Int J Oncol. 2005;26:1385-91 pubmed..The recurrent inactivation of the tumour suppressor RIZ1 suggests that this event may be a significant contributing factor to tumour development in pheochromocytomas and abdominal paragangliomas. ..
- Brunkhorst A, Karlen M, Shi J, Mikolajczyk M, Nelson M, Metsis M, et al. A specific role for the TFIID subunit TAF4 and RanBPM in neural progenitor differentiation. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;29:250-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that temporally high expression levels of two factors considered to be relatively general in function can influence very specific events in neuronal differentiation. ..
- Andréasson C, Heessen S, Ljungdahl P. Regulation of transcription factor latency by receptor-activated proteolysis. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1563-8 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that gene expression can be controlled by regulating the enzymatic activity of an intracellular endoprotease. ..
- Datta S, Hettiarachchi C, Johansson H, Holm M. SALT TOLERANCE HOMOLOG2, a B-box protein in Arabidopsis that activates transcription and positively regulates light-mediated development. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3242-55 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified STH2, a B-box protein in Arabidopsis thaliana, as a positive regulator of photomorphogenesis and report that the B-box domain plays a direct role in activating transcription in plants. ..
- Björkqvist M, Wild E, Thiele J, Silvestroni A, Andre R, Lahiri N, et al. A novel pathogenic pathway of immune activation detectable before clinical onset in Huntington's disease. J Exp Med. 2008;205:1869-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest parallel central nervous system and peripheral pathogenic pathways of immune activation in HD. ..
- Aspenstrom P. Formin-binding proteins: modulators of formin-dependent actin polymerization. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:174-82 pubmed publisher..This review article will focus on mammalian formin-binding proteins and their roles during vital cellular processes, such as cell migration, cell division and intracellular trafficking. ..
- Wetterskog D, Moshiri A, Ozaki T, Uramoto H, Nakagawara A, Funa K. Dysregulation of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor expression by DeltaNp73 in neuroblastoma. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:2031-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a direct role of DeltaNp73 in the constantly enhanced PDGFRB expression seen in tumors. ..
- Vilborg A, Bersani C, Wickstrom M, Segerström L, Kogner P, Wiman K. Wig-1, a novel regulator of N-Myc mRNA and N-Myc-driven tumor growth. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e298 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings raise possibilities for the improved treatment of poor prognosis neuroblastomas that carry amplified N-Myc. ..
- Hellqvist M, Mahlapuu M, Samuelsson L, Enerback S, Carlsson P. Differential activation of lung-specific genes by two forkhead proteins, FREAC-1 and FREAC-2. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4482-90 pubmed..Efficient activation of CC10 by FREAC-1 is shown to be specific for a lung cell line with Clara cell characteristics (H441) and to involve a region of the FREAC-1 protein unable to activate in other cell types. ..
- Johansson A, Helou K, Levan G. Cytogenetic localization of cancer-related genes in the rat and comparative mapping studies in human and mouse. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;81:217-21 pubmed..The remaining gene (Map1a) is involved in microtubule assembly. ..
- Swaminathan S, Masek T, Molin C, Pospisek M, Sunnerhagen P. Rck2 is required for reprogramming of ribosomes during oxidative stress. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1472-82 pubmed..We infer that imbalances in the translational apparatus are a major reason for the inability of these cells to respond to stress. ..
- Fagerström Billai F, Durand Dubief M, Ekwall K, Wright A. Individual subunits of the Ssn6-Tup11/12 corepressor are selectively required for repression of different target genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1069-82 pubmed..Interestingly, a subset of corepressor target genes, including direct target genes affected by Ssn6 overexpression, is associated with the function of class II (Clr3) and III (Hst4 and Sir2) HDACs. ..
- Elfving N, Davoine C, Benlloch R, Blomberg J, Brannstrom K, Muller D, et al. The Arabidopsis thaliana Med25 mediator subunit integrates environmental cues to control plant development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8245-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results show that Med25 together with drought response element binding protein 2A also function in repression of PhyB-mediated light signaling and thus integrate signals from different regulatory pathways. ..
- Leers J, Treuter E, Gustafsson J. Mechanistic principles in NR box-dependent interaction between nuclear hormone receptors and the coactivator TIF2. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:6001-13 pubmed
- Subramaniam N, Treuter E, Okret S. Receptor interacting protein RIP140 inhibits both positive and negative gene regulation by glucocorticoids. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18121-7 pubmed..Furthermore, the repressive effect of RIP140 could partially be overcome by overexpression of the coactivator TIF2, which involved a competition between TIF2 and RIP140 for binding to the GR. ..
- Castro D, Hermanson E, Joseph B, Wallen A, Aarnisalo P, Heller A, et al. Induction of cell cycle arrest and morphological differentiation by Nurr1 and retinoids in dopamine MN9D cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:43277-84 pubmed
- Grönroos E, Hellman U, Heldin C, Ericsson J. Control of Smad7 stability by competition between acetylation and ubiquitination. Mol Cell. 2002;10:483-93 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that competition between ubiquitination and acetylation of overlapping lysine residues constitutes a novel mechanism to regulate protein stability. ..
- Mwakigonja A, Pak F, Pyakurel P, Mosha I, Urassa W, Kaaya E, et al. Oral Kaposi's sarcoma in Tanzania: presentation, immunopathology and human herpesvirus-8 association. Oncol Rep. 2007;17:1291-9 pubmed..HHV-8+ cells were more frequent in nodular male than female and in juvenile than adult nodular OAKS than cAKS. Higher tumoral HHV-8 content appeared to be correlated to proliferation index. ..
- Boban M, Ljungdahl P. Dal81 enhances Stp1- and Stp2-dependent transcription necessitating negative modulation by inner nuclear membrane protein Asi1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2007;176:2087-97 pubmed..Conversely, the high levels of processed Stp1 and Stp2 that accumulate in the nucleus of induced cells activate transcription in the absence of Dal81. ..
- Hennig J, Bresell A, Sandberg M, Hennig K, Wahren Herlenius M, Persson B, et al. The fellowship of the RING: the RING-B-box linker region interacts with the RING in TRIM21/Ro52, contains a native autoantigenic epitope in Sjögren syndrome, and is an integral and conserved region in TRIM proteins. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:431-49 pubmed publisher..Sequence similarities and evolutionary sequence patterns suggest that the results obtained from Ro52 are extendable to the entire TRIM protein family. ..
- Caren H, Erichsen J, Olsson L, Enerback C, Sjöberg R, Abrahamsson J, et al. High-resolution array copy number analyses for detection of deletion, gain, amplification and copy-neutral LOH in primary neuroblastoma tumors: four cases of homozygous deletions of the CDKN2A gene. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:353 pubmed publisher..Chromosome 9p, especially the gene CDKN2A, is subject to homozygous (four cases) and heterozygous deletions (five cases) in neuroblastoma tumors. ..
- Partheen K, Levan K, Osterberg L, Claesson I, Fallenius G, Sundfeldt K, et al. Four potential biomarkers as prognostic factors in stage III serous ovarian adenocarcinomas. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:2130-7 pubmed publisher..According to our results, the 4 biomarkers CLU, ITGB3, PRAME and CAPG may be used as prognostic factors for patients with stage III serous ovarian adenocarcinomas...
- Muylaert I, Elias P. Contributions of nucleotide excision repair, DNA polymerase eta, and homologous recombination to replication of UV-irradiated herpes simplex virus type 1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13761-8 pubmed publisher..Instead, DNA polymerase eta may act during postreplication gap filling. Homologous recombination, finally, might restore the physical and genetic integrity of the virus chromosome...
- Johansson H, Vizlin Hodzic D, Simonsson T, Simonsson S. Translationally controlled tumor protein interacts with nucleophosmin during mitosis in ES cells. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:2160-9 pubmed..Our findings reveal a role for the Tpt1-Npm1 complex in cell proliferation and identify the Tpt1-Npm1 complex as a potential biomarker for mitotic ES cells. ..
- Flodby P, Barlow C, Kylefjord H, Ahrlund Richter L, Xanthopoulos K. Increased hepatic cell proliferation and lung abnormalities in mice deficient in CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:24753-60 pubmed..These results suggest a critical role for C/EBPalpha in vivo for the acquisition of terminally differentiated functions in liver including the maintenance of physiologic energy homeostasis. ..
- Petersen Mahrt S, Estmer C, Ohrmalm C, Matthews D, Russell W, Akusjarvi G. The splicing factor-associated protein, p32, regulates RNA splicing by inhibiting ASF/SF2 RNA binding and phosphorylation. EMBO J. 1999;18:1014-24 pubmed..These findings place p32 into a new group of proteins that control RNA splicing by sequestering an essential RNA splicing factor into an inhibitory complex. ..
- Englund C, Uv A, Cantera R, Mathies L, Krasnow M, Samakovlis C. adrift, a novel bnl-induced Drosophila gene, required for tracheal pathfinding into the CNS. Development. 1999;126:1505-14 pubmed
- Smith A, Popov N, Imreh M, Axelson H, Henriksson M. Expression and DNA-binding activity of MYCN/Max and Mnt/Max during induced differentiation of human neuroblastoma cells. J Cell Biochem. 2004;92:1282-95 pubmed
- Corneliussen B, Thornell A, Hallberg B, Grundstrom T. Helix-loop-helix transcriptional activators bind to a sequence in glucocorticoid response elements of retrovirus enhancers. J Virol. 1991;65:6084-93 pubmed..Several mRNA transcripts of different sizes were identified. Molecular analysis of cDNA clones revealed multiple related mRNA species containing alternative coding regions, which are most probably a result of differential splicing. ..
- Tentler D, Gustavsson P, Leisti J, Schueler M, Chelly J, Timonen E, et al. Deletion including the oligophrenin-1 gene associated with enlarged cerebral ventricles, cerebellar hypoplasia, seizures and ataxia. Eur J Hum Genet. 1999;7:541-8 pubmed..In combination with our results from physical mapping we suggest that a region around the oligophrenin-1 locus is relatively bereft of vital genes. ..
- Göransson M, Wedin M, Aman P. Temperature-dependent localization of TLS-CHOP to splicing factor compartments. Exp Cell Res. 2002;278:125-32 pubmed..Further, mutational analysis of the N-terminal part of green fluorescent protein-tagged TLS-CHOP identifies a region within the N-terminal required for colocalization with the splicing factor SC-35. ..
- Hase M, Cordes V. Direct interaction with nup153 mediates binding of Tpr to the periphery of the nuclear pore complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1923-40 pubmed..In summary, these results render Tpr a protein only peripherally attached to the NPC that does not act as an essential scaffold for other nucleoporins. ..
- Fagerström Billai F, Wright A. Functional comparison of the Tup11 and Tup12 transcriptional corepressors in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:716-27 pubmed..We conclude that Tup11 and Tup12 are at least partly functionally diverged and suggest that the Tup12 and Ssn6 proteins have adopted a specific role in regulation of the stress response. ..
- Boban M, Zargari A, Andréasson C, Heessen S, Thyberg J, Ljungdahl P. Asi1 is an inner nuclear membrane protein that restricts promoter access of two latent transcription factors. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:695-707 pubmed..These findings reveal an unanticipated role of inner nuclear membrane proteins in controlling gene expression. ..
- Hansson O, Ström K, Güner N, Wierup N, Sundler F, Hoglund P, et al. Inflammatory response in white adipose tissue in the non-obese hormone-sensitive lipase null mouse model. J Proteome Res. 2006;5:1701-10 pubmed..A number of macrophage proteins, i.e., gal-3, Capg, and MCP-4, were expressed at increased levels and immunohistochemical analyses revealed an increased infiltration of F4/80+ cells. ..
- Löf Öhlin Z, Nilsson T. Pyrosequencing assays to study promoter CpG site methylation of the O6-MGMT, hMLH1, p14ARF, p16INK4a, RASSF1A, and APC1A genes. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:721-9 pubmed..This approach provides a more comprehensive picture of the distribution of DNA methylation throughout the promoter regions of the studied set of six genes, which will be of benefit in oncological research. ..
- Laane E, Tamm K, Buentke E, Ito K, Kharaziha P, Khahariza P, et al. Cell death induced by dexamethasone in lymphoid leukemia is mediated through initiation of autophagy. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:1018-29 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal key mechanisms of dexamethasone-induced cell death that may inform the development of improved treatment protocols for lymphoid malignancies. ..
- d Herouël A, Birgersdotter A, Werner M. FR-like EBNA1 binding repeats in the human genome. Virology. 2010;405:524-9 pubmed publisher..Incorporating the cooperative actions of EBNA1 is essential when identifying regulatory regions in the human genome and we believe the findings presented here are highly valuable for the understanding of EBV-induced phenotypic changes. ..
- Szilagyi Z, Banyai G, López M, McInerny C, Gustafsson C. Cyclin-dependent kinase 8 regulates mitotic commitment in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2099-109 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus establish a new pathway linking the Mediator complex to control of mitotic transcription and regulation of mitotic entry in fission yeast...
- Nyman U, Vlachos P, Cascante A, Hermanson O, Zhivotovsky B, Joseph B. Protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation regulates the cell cycle-inhibitory function of the p73 carboxy terminus transactivation domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1814-25 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that this novel posttranslational modification within the p73 carboxy terminus transactivation domain is involved in the context-specific guidance of p73 toward the selective induction of cell cycle arrest. ..
- Beve J, Hu G, Myers L, Balciunas D, Werngren O, Hultenby K, et al. The structural and functional role of Med5 in the yeast Mediator tail module. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41366-72 pubmed..We discuss a possible role for Med5 in coordinating nuclear and mitochondrial gene transcription. ..
- Bjorklund S, Hjortsberg K, Johansson E, Thelander L. Structure and promoter characterization of the gene encoding the large subunit (R1 protein) of mouse ribonucleotide reductase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:11322-6 pubmed..One complex most likely contained Sp1, and another complex showed S-phase-specific binding, suggesting a direct role in the cell-cycle-dependent R1 gene expression. ..
- Botling J, Castro D, Oberg F, Nilsson K, Perlmann T. Retinoic acid receptor/retinoid X receptor heterodimers can be activated through both subunits providing a basis for synergistic transactivation and cellular differentiation. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:9443-9 pubmed
- Hackzell A, Uramoto H, Izumi H, Kohno K, Funa K. p73 independent of c-Myc represses transcription of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor through interaction with NF-Y. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39769-76 pubmed..Our results indicate that serum stimulation induces c-Myc and p73alpha, leading to the down-regulation of PDGF beta-receptor expression by repressing its transcription. ..
- Sanyal S, Matthews J, Bouton D, Kim H, Choi H, Treuter E, et al. Deoxyribonucleic acid response element-dependent regulation of transcription by orphan nuclear receptor estrogen receptor-related receptor gamma. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:312-25 pubmed
- Sanyal S, Festa F, Sakano S, Zhang Z, Steineck G, Norming U, et al. Polymorphisms in DNA repair and metabolic genes in bladder cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2004;25:729-34 pubmed
- Nashchekin D, Zhao J, Visa N, Daneholt B. A novel Ded1-like RNA helicase interacts with the Y-box protein ctYB-1 in nuclear mRNP particles and in polysomes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14263-72 pubmed
- Méndez Vidal C, Prahl M, Wiman K. The p53-induced Wig-1 protein binds double-stranded RNAs with structural characteristics of siRNAs and miRNAs. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4401-8 pubmed
- Yang W, Wetterskog D, Matsumoto Y, Funa K. Kinetics of repression by modified p53 on the PDGF beta-receptor promoter. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:2020-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that p53 represses the PDGFRB promoter, facilitating the p53-induced apoptosis, whereas tumor cells with p53 mutation or a high level of DeltaNp73 or Myc could become refractory to the regulation. ..
- Djos A, Martinsson T, Kogner P, Caren H. The RASSF gene family members RASSF5, RASSF6 and RASSF7 show frequent DNA methylation in neuroblastoma. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:40 pubmed publisher..This study shows that several genes belonging to the RASSF gene family are methylated in neuroblastoma. The genes RASSF5, RASSF6 and RASSF7 stand out as the most promising candidate genes for further investigations in neuroblastoma. ..
- Gangappa S, Crocco C, Johansson H, Datta S, Hettiarachchi C, Holm M, et al. The Arabidopsis B-BOX protein BBX25 interacts with HY5, negatively regulating BBX22 expression to suppress seedling photomorphogenesis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1243-57 pubmed publisher..We suggest that BBX25 and BBX24 function as transcriptional corepressors, probably by forming inactive heterodimers with HY5, downregulating BBX22 expression for the fine-tuning of light-mediated seedling development. ..
- Ibrahim M, Sayin V, Akula M, Liu M, Fong L, Young S, et al. Targeting isoprenylcysteine methylation ameliorates disease in a mouse model of progeria. Science. 2013;340:1330-3 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting ICMT might be useful for treating prelamin A-associated progeroid disorders. ..
- Loinder K, Soderstrom M. The nuclear receptor corepressor (N-CoR) modulates basal and activated transcription of genes controlled by retinoic acid. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;84:15-21 pubmed
- Finnberg N, Stenius U, Hogberg J. Heterozygous p53-deficient (+/-) mice develop fewer p53-negative preneoplastic focal liver lesions in response to treatment with diethylnitrosamine than do wild-type (+/+) mice. Cancer Lett. 2004;207:149-55 pubmed..Furthermore, our findings suggest that the presence of only one functional p53 allele in p53+/- mice is sufficient to counteract the growth advantage that such an attenuated p53 response appears to confer. ..
- Shao R, Zhang F, Tian F, Anders Friberg P, Wang X, Sjöland H, et al. Increase of SUMO-1 expression in response to hypoxia: direct interaction with HIF-1alpha in adult mouse brain and heart in vivo. FEBS Lett. 2004;569:293-300 pubmed..These results indicate that the increased levels of SUMO-1 participate in the modulation of HIF-1alpha function through sumoylation in brain and heart. ..
- Beramendi A, Peron S, Megighian A, Reggiani C, Cantera R. The inhibitor kappaB-ortholog Cactus is necessary for normal neuromuscular function in Drosophila melanogaster. Neuroscience. 2005;134:397-406 pubmed
- Sjölinder M, Bjork P, Söderberg E, Sabri N, Farrants A, Visa N. The growing pre-mRNA recruits actin and chromatin-modifying factors to transcriptionally active genes. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1871-84 pubmed..Our results suggest that actin, hrp65, and p2D10 are parts of a positive feedback mechanism that contributes to maintaining the active transcription state of a gene by recruiting HATs at the RNA level. ..
- Ryk C, Kumar R, Thirumaran R, Hou S. Polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes XRCC1, APEX1, XRCC3 and NBS1, and the risk for lung cancer in never- and ever-smokers. Lung Cancer. 2006;54:285-92 pubmed..Our results show that the genetic variation in XRCC1, XRCC3 and NBS1 influence lung cancer susceptibility among women, and that combinations of risk alleles in the two HR genes can enhance the effects. ..
- Goransson M, Andersson M, Forni C, Stahlberg A, Andersson C, Olofsson A, et al. The myxoid liposarcoma FUS-DDIT3 fusion oncoprotein deregulates NF-kappaB target genes by interaction with NFKBIZ. Oncogene. 2009;28:270-8 pubmed publisher..Similar mechanisms may be a part of the transformation process in other tumor types carrying FUS, EWSR1 and TAF15 containing fusion oncogenes...
- Eriksson K, Svensson A, Hait A, Schlüter K, Tunbäck P, Nordström I, et al. Cutting Edge: Genetic Association between IFI16 Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms and Resistance to Genital Herpes Correlates with IFI16 Expression Levels and HSV-2-Induced IFN-? Expression. J Immunol. 2017;199:2613-2617 pubmed publisher..Cells from individuals with the protective GC haplotype expressed higher levels of IFI16 and induced more IFN-? upon HSV-2 infection. These data provide genetic evidence for a role for IFI16 in protection against genital herpes. ..
- Ernstsson S, Pierrou S, Hulander M, Cederberg A, Hellqvist M, Carlsson P, et al. Characterization of the human forkhead gene FREAC-4. Evidence for regulation by Wilms' tumor suppressor gene (WT-1) and p53. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:21094-9 pubmed..A 5'-promoter deletion series delimits a DNA fragment necessary for WT-1 inducibility in cotransfection experiments. This fragment is shown to contain at least one cis-element that is capable of interacting with recombinant WT-1. ..
- Treuter E, Johansson L, Thomsen J, Wärnmark A, Leers J, Pelto Huikko M, et al. Competition between thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein (TRAP) 220 and transcriptional intermediary factor (TIF) 2 for binding to nuclear receptors. Implications for the recruitment of TRAP and p160 coactivator complexes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:6667-77 pubmed
- Tvrdik P, Asadi A, Kozak L, Nuglozeh E, Parente F, Nedergaard J, et al. Cig30 and Pitx3 genes are arranged in a partially overlapping tail-to-tail array resulting in complementary transcripts. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26387-92 pubmed..Thus, our results provide evidence for bidirectional transcription of a several hundred base pair-long DNA region as a result of the extremely tight linkage between Cig30 and Pitx3. ..