Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Denmark
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Bahrami S, Laska M, Pedersen F, Duch M. Immune suppressive activity of the influenza fusion peptide. Virus Res. 2016;211:126-32 pubmed publisher..Similar to the previously reported peptides from retro and filoviruses the influenza peptide had immune suppressive activity when presented as a dimer but not as a monomer. ..
- Mortensen K, Hajnsdorf E, Regnier P, Sperling Petersen H. Improved recombinant tandem expression of translation initiation factor IF2 in RNASE E deficient E. coli cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;214:1254-9 pubmed..This observation may have a more general application within the field of recombinant protein production and expression efficiency. ..
- Knudsen S, Frydenberg J, Clark B, Leffers H. Tissue-dependent variation in the expression of elongation factor-1 alpha isoforms: isolation and characterisation of a cDNA encoding a novel variant of human elongation-factor 1 alpha. Eur J Biochem. 1993;215:549-54 pubmed..EF-1 alpha was expressed in brain, placenta, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas and in all the cell lines that we have analysed but barely detectable in heart and skeletal muscle. ..
- Loechel F, Gilpin B, Engvall E, Albrechtsen R, Wewer U. Human ADAM 12 (meltrin alpha) is an active metalloprotease. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:16993-7 pubmed..The demonstration that the ADAM 12 metalloprotease domain is functional may have important implications for future studies that explore the role of ADAM 12 protein in development and disease. ..
- Jensen R, Lykke Andersen K, Frandsen G, Nielsen H, Haseloff J, Jespersen H, et al. Promiscuous and specific phospholipid binding by domains in ZAC, a membrane-associated Arabidopsis protein with an ARF GAP zinc finger and a C2 domain. Plant Mol Biol. 2000;44:799-814 pubmed..A role for ZAC in the regulation of ARF-mediated vesicular transport in plants is discussed. ..
- Sørensen H, Hedegaard J, Sperling Petersen H, Mortensen K. Remarkable conservation of translation initiation factors: IF1/eIF1A and IF2/eIF5B are universally distributed phylogenetic markers. IUBMB Life. 2001;51:321-7 pubmed..Because of these two application levels, IF1/eIF1A-IF2/eIF5B is a phylogenetic "dual level" marker. ..
- Vegge C, Vogensen F, Mc Grath S, Neve H, van Sinderen D, Brøndsted L. Identification of the lower baseplate protein as the antireceptor of the temperate lactococcal bacteriophages TP901-1 and Tuc2009. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:55-63 pubmed..Electron micrographs revealed altered baseplate morphology of TP901-1C compared to that of the parental phage. ..
- Cirera S, Nygård A, Jensen H, Skovgaard K, Boye M, Fredholm M. Molecular characterization of the porcine surfactant, pulmonary-associated protein C gene. Genomics. 2006;88:659-68 pubmed..Additionally, the protein levels were also decreased or absent in the necrotic tissue. ..
- Jorgensen R, Holliday N, Hansen J, Vrecl M, Heding A, Schwartz T, et al. Characterization of G-protein coupled receptor kinase interaction with the neurokinin-1 receptor using bioluminescence resonance energy transfer. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:349-58 pubmed..We suggest that GRK5 is preassociated with the NK-1 receptor and that GRK5, rather than GRK2, is a key player in competitive regulation of GRK subtype specific interaction with the NK-1 receptor...
- Pallesen L, Pedersen L, Petersen T, Knudsen C, Rasmussen J. Characterization of human mucin (MUC15) and identification of ovine and caprine orthologs. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:4477-83 pubmed publisher..Implication of the mucin in signal transduction and the potential physiological function of MUC15 are discussed. ..
- Anistoroaei R, Ansari S, Farid A, Benkel B, Karlskov Mortensen P, Christensen K. An extended anchored linkage map and virtual mapping for the American mink genome based on homology to human and dog. Genomics. 2009;94:204-10 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, comparison of the human and dog genome assemblies revealed a number of large synteny blocks, some of which are corroborated by data from the mink linkage map...
- Lohmann G, Shimoda Y, Nielsen M, J rgensen F, Grossmann C, Sandal N, et al. Evolution and regulation of the Lotus japonicus LysM receptor gene family. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2010;23:510-21 pubmed publisher..In a detailed expression analysis, we found several Lotus Lys genes regulated not only during the symbiotic association with Mesorhizobium loti but also in response to chitin treatment...
- Andersen A, Sandvang D, Schnorr K, Kruse T, Neve S, Joergensen B, et al. A novel approach to the antimicrobial activity of maggot debridement therapy. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:1646-54 pubmed publisher..Lucifensin showed antimicrobial activities comparable to other defensins and could have potential as a future drug candidate scaffold, for redesign for other applications besides the topical treatment of infected wounds. ..
- Kristensen B, Frees D, Bojesen A. Expression and secretion of the RTX-toxin GtxA among members of the genus Gallibacterium. Vet Microbiol. 2011;153:116-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have shown that differences in haemolytic properties among strains of Gallibacterium may be explained by both genotypic differences and by differential expression...
- Lund O, Nascimento E, Maciel M, Nielsen M, Larsen M, Lundegaard C, et al. Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class I restricted epitope discovery in yellow fewer and dengue viruses: importance of HLA binding strength. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26494 pubmed publisher..All three peptides that elicited responses had an HLA binding affinity of 2 nM or less. The results indicate the importance of the strength of HLA binding in shaping the immune response. ..
- Kvisgaard L, Hjulsager C, Kristensen C, Lauritsen K, Larsen L. Genetic and antigenic characterization of complete genomes of Type 1 Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome viruses (PRRSV) isolated in Denmark over a period of 10 years. Virus Res. 2013;178:197-205 pubmed publisher..7-97.9%. The study strongly indicated that there have been at least two independent introductions of Type 1 PRRSV in Denmark and analysis of the full genomes revealed a significant drift in several regions of the virus. ..
- Jiang Y, Xie M, Chen W, Talbot R, Maddox J, Faraut T, et al. The sheep genome illuminates biology of the rumen and lipid metabolism. Science. 2014;344:1168-1173 pubmed publisher..This may be in response to changes in the barrier lipids of the skin, an interaction between lipid metabolism and wool synthesis, and an increased role of volatile fatty acids in ruminants compared with nonruminant animals. ..
- Bendixen E, Halkier T, Magnusson S, Sottrup Jensen L, Kristensen T. Complete primary structure of bovine beta 2-glycoprotein I: localization of the disulfide bridges. Biochemistry. 1992;31:3611-7 pubmed
- Pedersen H, Søgaard Andersen L, Holst B, Valentin Hansen P. Heterologous cooperativity in Escherichia coli. The CytR repressor both contacts DNA and the cAMP receptor protein when binding to the deoP2 promoter. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:17804-8 pubmed
- Nielsen M, Petersen C, Gliemann J, Madsen P. Cloning and sequencing of a human cDNA encoding a putative transcription factor containing a bromodomain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1306:14-6 pubmed..The results suggest that the encoded protein might be a novel transcription factor. ..
- Kragelund B, Knudsen J, Poulsen F. Acyl-coenzyme A binding protein (ACBP). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1441:150-61 pubmed..These residues are predominantly located at the helix-helix interfaces. From studies of a large set of mutant proteins the role of the conserved residues has been related to structure, function, folding and stability. ..
- Valentin Hansen P, Eriksen M, Udesen C. The bacterial Sm-like protein Hfq: a key player in RNA transactions. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:1525-33 pubmed..Here, we summarize the history of Hfq and highlight results that have led to an important gain in insight into the physiology, biochemistry and evolution of Hfq and its homologues. ..
- Grønborg M, Kristiansen T, Stensballe A, Andersen J, Ohara O, Mann M, et al. A mass spectrometry-based proteomic approach for identification of serine/threonine-phosphorylated proteins by enrichment with phospho-specific antibodies: identification of a novel protein, Frigg, as a protein kinase A substrate. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002;1:517-27 pubmed..Our method should be applicable as a generic strategy for enrichment and identification of serine/threonine-phosphorylated substrates in signal transduction pathways. ..
- Christensen Dalsgaard M, Gerdes K. Two higBA loci in the Vibrio cholerae superintegron encode mRNA cleaving enzymes and can stabilize plasmids. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:397-411 pubmed publisher..coli, raising the possibility that the loci contribute to maintain genetic stability of the V. cholerae superintegron. Based on these results we discuss the possible biological functions of the TA loci of V. cholerae...
- Rowland P, N rager S, Jensen K, Larsen S. Structure of dihydroorotate dehydrogenase B: electron transfer between two flavin groups bridged by an iron-sulphur cluster. Structure. 2000;8:1227-38 pubmed..The close proximity of the three redox centers makes it possible to propose a possible electron transfer pathway involving residues conserved among the family 1B DHODs...
- Rasmussen S, Mikkelsen J, Pedersen F. Modulation of homo- and heterodimerization of Harvey sarcoma virus RNA by GACG tetraloops and point mutations in palindromic sequences. J Mol Biol. 2002;323:613-28 pubmed..The complementarity of loop sequences in the packaging signal upstream of the GACG tetraloops might therefore determine homo- and heterodimerization specificity and recombination activity of these viruses...
- Hansen L, Gardsvoll H, Nielsen B, Lund L, Danø K, Jensen O, et al. Structural analysis and tissue localization of human C4.4A: a protein homologue of the urokinase receptor. Biochem J. 2004;380:845-57 pubmed..4A and uPA, a property suggested previously for rat C4.4A. Collectively these data indicate that C4.4A, although being a structural homologue of uPAR, is unlikely to have a functional overlap with uPAR. ..
- Vester B, Hansen L, Lundberg L, Babu B, Sørensen M, Wengel J, et al. Locked nucleoside analogues expand the potential of DNAzymes to cleave structured RNA targets. BMC Mol Biol. 2006;7:19 pubmed..014 min-1 to 0.78 min-1). The data demonstrate how hydrolytic performance can be enhanced by design of LNAzymes, and indicate that there are optimal lengths for the binding arms and for the number of modified LNA monomers. ..
- Lantto J, Haahr Hansen M, Rasmussen S, Steinaa L, Poulsen T, Duggan J, et al. Capturing the natural diversity of the human antibody response against vaccinia virus. J Virol. 2011;85:1820-33 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the results suggest that this compound has the potential to be used as an effective postexposure prophylaxis or treatment of disease caused by orthopoxviruses. ..
- Schwientek T, Almeida R, Levery S, Holmes E, Bennett E, Clausen H. Cloning of a novel member of the UDP-galactose:beta-N-acetylglucosamine beta1,4-galactosyltransferase family, beta4Gal-T4, involved in glycosphingolipid biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:29331-40 pubmed..beta4Gal-T4 represents a new member of the beta4-galactosyltransferase family. Its kinetic parameters suggest unique functions in the synthesis of neolactoseries glycosphingolipids. ..
- Grønskov K, Olsen J, Sand A, Pedersen W, Carlsen N, Bak Jylling A, et al. Population-based risk estimates of Wilms tumor in sporadic aniridia. A comprehensive mutation screening procedure of PAX6 identifies 80% of mutations in aniridia. Hum Genet. 2001;109:11-8 pubmed..We also report four novel mutations in PAX6, and furthermore, we have discovered a new alternatively spliced form of PAX6. ..
- Budde B, Hornbaek T, Jacobsen T, Barkholt V, Koch A. Leuconostoc carnosum 4010 has the potential for use as a protective culture for vacuum-packed meats: culture isolation, bacteriocin identification, and meat application experiments. Int J Food Microbiol. 2003;83:171-84 pubmed..monocytogenes was observed during storage at 5 degrees C for 21 days. The results presented demonstrate that Leuc. carnosum 4010 is suitable as a new protective culture for cold-stored, cooked, sliced, and vacuum-packed meat products. ..
- Sanggaard K, Karring H, Valnickova Z, Thøgersen I, Enghild J. The TSG-6 and I alpha I interaction promotes a transesterification cleaving the protein-glycosaminoglycan-protein (PGP) cross-link. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11936-42 pubmed..An intermediate is formed resulting in a partitioning of the reaction between HC(1 or 2).TSG-6 complexes and transfer of HC(1 or 2) to the chondroitin via competing pathways. ..
- Frisvad J, Larsen T, Dalsgaard P, Seifert K, Louis Seize G, Lyhne E, et al. Four psychrotolerant species with high chemical diversity consistently producing cycloaspeptide A, Penicillium jamesonlandense sp. nov., Penicillium ribium sp. nov., Penicillium soppii and Penicillium lanosum. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2006;56:1427-37 pubmed..The type strain of Penicillium jamesonlandense sp. nov. is DAOM 234087(T) (=IBT 21984(T) = IBT 24411(T) = CBS 102888(T)) and the type strain of Penicillium ribium sp. nov. is DAOM 234091(T) (=IBT 16537(T) = IBT 24431(T)). ..
- Bunkenborg J, Espadas G, Molina H. Cutting edge proteomics: benchmarking of six commercial trypsins. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:3631-41 pubmed publisher..The label-free analysis was shown to be more sensitive to unique features from the individual digests that were lost in the TMT-multiplexing study. ..
- Grauslund M, Didion T, Kielland Brandt M, Andersen H. BAP2, a gene encoding a permease for branched-chain amino acids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1269:275-80 pubmed
- Dahl S, Rasmussen S, Hejgaard J. Heterologous expression of three plant serpins with distinct inhibitory specificities. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:25083-8 pubmed..BSZ4 inhibited cathepsin G (ka = 2.7 x 10(4) M-1 s-1) at P1 Met but was hydrolyzed by trypsin and chymotrypsin. The three plant serpins formed stable SDS-resistant complexes with the proteinases in accordance with the kinetic data...
- Hasman H, Chakraborty T, Klemm P. Antigen-43-mediated autoaggregation of Escherichia coli is blocked by fimbriation. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:4834-41 pubmed..The Ag43 or OxyR status does not appear to influence fimbria expression, and our results suggest that the expression of Ag43 and the expression of fimbriae are independent processes. ..
- Cirera S, Winterø A, Fredholm M. Why do we still find anonymous ESTs?. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:689-93 pubmed..Extended analyses of the 20 ESTs showed significant matches to seven existing database entries, whereas 13 still did not show significant hits. The results are discussed in the context of the hypothesis listed above. ..
- Dietrich J, Neisig A, Hou X, Wegener A, Gajhede M, Geisler C. Role of CD3 gamma in T cell receptor assembly. J Cell Biol. 1996;132:299-310 pubmed..Furthermore, the study indicated that, in contrast to CD3 gamma, glycosylation of CD3 delta is required for TCR assembly and expression. ..
- Breüner A, Brøndsted L, Hammer K. Resolvase-like recombination performed by the TP901-1 integrase. Microbiology. 2001;147:2051-63 pubmed..By selecting for attB sites with a decreased ability to participate in recombination, two bases located outside the core region of attB were shown to be involved in the in vitro binding of the TP901-1 integrase. ..
- Nielsen A, Holm I, Johansen M, Bonven B, Jørgensen P, Jørgensen A. A new splice variant of glial fibrillary acidic protein, GFAP epsilon, interacts with the presenilin proteins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29983-91 pubmed..Mutations in GFAP and presenilins are associated with Alexander disease and Alzheimer's disease, respectively. Accordingly, GFAP epsilon should be taken into consideration when studying neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Pedersen H, Dall J, Dandanell G, Valentin Hansen P. Gene-regulatory modules in Escherichia coli: nucleoprotein complexes formed by cAMP-CRP and CytR at the nupG promoter. Mol Microbiol. 1995;17:843-53 pubmed..These findings show that the bacterium uses positive and negative regulatory modules to differentially control the expression of CytR- and cAMP-CRP-regulated genes. ..
- Kjellström S, Jensen O. Phosphoric acid as a matrix additive for MALDI MS analysis of phosphopeptides and phosphoproteins. Anal Chem. 2004;76:5109-17 pubmed..subtilis PrkC phosphoprotein. Finally, the mass resolution of MALDI mass spectra of intact proteins was significantly improved by using phosphoric acid in 2,5-DHB matrix. ..
- Gerdes K, Thisted T, Martinussen J. Mechanism of post-segregational killing by the hok/sok system of plasmid R1: sok antisense RNA regulates formation of a hok mRNA species correlated with killing of plasmid-free cells. Mol Microbiol. 1990;4:1807-18 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, we propose an extended model in order to explain the killing of plasmid-free segregants by the hok/sok system. ..
- Bjerre D, Madsen L, Bendixen C, Larsen K. Porcine Parkin: molecular cloning of PARK2 cDNA, expression analysis, and identification of a splicing variant. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:803-13 pubmed..The porcine PARK2 orthologue was mapped to chromosome 1p24-25. Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis revealed seven SNPs in the porcine PARK2 gene, one missense and one silent mutation in exon 7 and five SNPs in intron 7. ..
- Porsby C, Nielsen K, Gram L. Phaeobacter and Ruegeria species of the Roseobacter clade colonize separate niches in a Danish Turbot (Scophthalmus maximus)-rearing farm and antagonize Vibrio anguillarum under different growth conditions. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:7356-64 pubmed publisher..displayed antibacterial activity under a broader range of growth conditions than did Phaeobacter strain 27-4, these organisms may hold greater promise as fish probiotic organisms...
- Gough S, Petersen B, Duus J. Anaerobic chlorophyll isocyclic ring formation in Rhodobacter capsulatus requires a cobalamin cofactor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:6908-13 pubmed..Withdrawal of an electron gives the 13(1)-cation of MPE. Hydroxyl ion attack on the cation gives 13(1)-hydroxy-MPE. Withdrawal of three hydrogen atoms leads successively to 13(1)-keto-MPE, its 13(2)-radical, and cyclization to PChlide...
- Petersen L, Bollback J, Dimmic M, Hubisz M, Nielsen R. Genes under positive selection in Escherichia coli. Genome Res. 2007;17:1336-43 pubmed..Based on structural evidence, we hypothesize that the selection acting on transposases is related to the genomic conflict between transposable elements and the host genome. ..
- Hansen F, Madsen C, Nordland A, Grasser M, Merkle T, Grasser K. A novel family of plant DNA-binding proteins containing both HMG-box and AT-rich interaction domains. Biochemistry. 2008;47:13207-14 pubmed publisher..Therefore, both DNA-binding domains contribute to the DNA interactions of ARID-HMG1. Accordingly, the protein combines DNA-binding properties characteristic of ARID and HMG-box proteins. ..
- Stensvold C, Lebbad M, Verweij J, Jespersgaard C, von Samson Himmelstjerna G, Nielsen S, et al. Identification and delineation of members of the Entamoeba complex by pyrosequencing. Mol Cell Probes. 2010;24:403-6 pubmed publisher..There was concordance in results between pyrosequencing and the two other methods used. This study showed that PCR and pyrosequencing could be used for the rapid and high throughput identification of Entamoeba species...
- Stensvold R, Brillowska Dabrowska A, Nielsen H, Arendrup M. Detection of Blastocystis hominis in unpreserved stool specimens by using polymerase chain reaction. J Parasitol. 2006;92:1081-7 pubmed..The PCR method is recommended for screening clinical specimens for B. hominis infection and for use in prevalence studies...
- Madsen L, Andersen K, Prag S, Moos T, Semple C, Seeger M, et al. Ubxd1 is a novel co-factor of the human p97 ATPase. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2927-42 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Ubxd1 expression by siRNA did not affect the degradation of bulk protein or a model substrate of the ERAD pathway, indicating that Ubxd1 directs p97 activity to specialized functions in vivo. ..
- Nielsen J, Lei L, Ebersbach T, Olsen A, Klitgaard J, Valentin Hansen P, et al. Defining a role for Hfq in Gram-positive bacteria: evidence for Hfq-dependent antisense regulation in Listeria monocytogenes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:907-19 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that modulation of translation by trans-encoded sRNAs may occur by both Hfq-dependent and -independent mechanisms, thus adding another layer of complexity to sRNA-mediated riboregulation in Gram-positive species. ..
- Johnsen M, Hansen O, Stougaard P. Isolation, characterization and heterologous expression of a novel chitosanase from Janthinobacterium sp. strain 4239. Microb Cell Fact. 2010;9:5 pubmed publisher..Thus, there is a need for chitosanases, which display activity at lower temperatures...
- Solem C, Petranovic D, Koebmann B, Mijakovic I, Jensen P. Phosphoglycerate mutase is a highly efficient enzyme without flux control in Lactococcus lactis. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;18:174-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PGM from L. lactis is a highly efficient catalyst, which partially explains why this enzyme has limited control in wild-type L. lactis. ..
- White T, Bennett E, Takio K, Sørensen T, Bonding N, Clausen H. Purification and cDNA cloning of a human UDP-N-acetyl-alpha-D-galactosamine:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:24156-65 pubmed..The data suggest that the purified human GalNAc-transferase is a novel member of a family of polypeptide GalNAc-transferases, and a nomenclature GalNAc-T1 and GalNAc-T2 is introduced to distinguish the members. ..
- Baelum J, Henriksen T, Hansen H, Jacobsen C. Degradation of 4-chloro-2-methylphenoxyacetic acid in top- and subsoil is quantitatively linked to the class III tfdA gene. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1476-86 pubmed..The implications of these results is that the initial assessment of functional genes in soils does not necessarily reflect the organisms or genes that would carry out the degradation of the compounds in question. ..
- Jensen T, Nielsen J, Frederiksen K, Ebert B. Molecular cloning and pharmacological characterization of serotonin 5-HT(3A) receptor subtype in dog. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;538:23-31 pubmed..We therefore conclude that position 195 is strongly involved in the receptor-ligand interaction, but additional residues must contribute to the overall pharmacological profile. ..
- Jensen T, Christensen L, Chriel M, Uttenthal A, Hammer A. Implementation and validation of a sensitive PCR detection method in the eradication campaign against Aleutian mink disease virus. J Virol Methods. 2011;171:81-5 pubmed publisher..9% when read in parallel with the CIE. PCR positive samples were sequenced and phylogenetic analysis revealed high similarity within the analysed AMDV strains and to AMDV strains described previously...
- Madsen P, Rasmussen H, Leffers H, Honore B, Dejgaard K, Olsen E, et al. Molecular cloning, occurrence, and expression of a novel partially secreted protein "psoriasin" that is highly up-regulated in psoriatic skin. J Invest Dermatol. 1991;97:701-12 pubmed..Granulocyte extracts contained this protein suggesting that its overexpression by psoriatic keratinocytes may be linked to the inflammatory stimuli. ..
- Leffers H, Gropp F, Lottspeich F, Zillig W, Garrett R. Sequence, organization, transcription and evolution of RNA polymerase subunit genes from the archaebacterial extreme halophiles Halobacterium halobium and Halococcus morrhuae. J Mol Biol. 1989;206:1-17 pubmed..Phylogenetic analyses based on sequence alignments confirmed that the extreme halophiles belong to the archaebacterial kingdom...
- Brodersen D, Etzerodt M, Madsen P, Celis J, Thøgersen H, Nyborg J, et al. EF-hands at atomic resolution: the structure of human psoriasin (S100A7) solved by MAD phasing. Structure. 1998;6:477-89 pubmed..The substitution of Ca2+ ions in EF-hands by lanthanide ions may provide a general vehicle for structure determination of S100 proteins by means of MAD phasing. ..
- Ravnsborg T, Houen G, Højrup P. The glycosylation of myeloperoxidase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1804:2046-53 pubmed publisher..The identified glycan structures are compared to those of MPO from healthy donors, in order to probe for any potential differences that may have diagnostic use. ..
- Hansen B, Mnich E, Nielsen K, Nielsen J, Nielsen M, Mortensen U, et al. Involvement of a natural fusion of a cytochrome P450 and a hydrolase in mycophenolic acid biosynthesis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:4908-13 pubmed publisher..Overall, the chimeric enzyme MpaDE provides insight into the genetic organization of the MPA biosynthesis pathway...
- Holmskov U, Mollenhauer J, Madsen J, Vitved L, Gronlund J, Tornoe I, et al. Cloning of gp-340, a putative opsonin receptor for lung surfactant protein D. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10794-9 pubmed..Immunoreactive gp-340 was also found in epithelial cells of the small intestine and in the ducts of salivary glands. The distribution of gp-340 in macrophages is compatible with a role as an opsonin receptor for SP-D. ..
- Neuhard J, Tarpø L. Location of the udk gene on the physical map of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:5742-3 pubmed
- Shaw A, Røssel Larsen M, Roepstorff P, Justesen J, Christiansen G, Birkelund S. Mapping and identification of interferon gamma-regulated HeLa cell proteins separated by immobilized pH gradient two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 1999;20:984-93 pubmed
- Peng X, Basta T, Häring M, Garrett R, Prangishvili D. Genome of the Acidianus bottle-shaped virus and insights into the replication and packaging mechanisms. Virology. 2007;364:237-43 pubmed..The apparent similarities in the putative mechanisms of DNA replication and packaging of ABV to those of bacterial and eukaryal viruses are most consistent with the concept of a primordial gene pool as a source of viral genes...
- Stensvold C, Alfellani M, Nørskov Lauritsen S, Prip K, Victory E, Maddox C, et al. Subtype distribution of Blastocystis isolates from synanthropic and zoo animals and identification of a new subtype. Int J Parasitol. 2009;39:473-9 pubmed publisher..The data indicate moderate host specificity, most clearly exemplified by the fact that STs isolated from avian and non-avian hosts rarely overlap...
- Welinder K, Jespersen H, Walther Rasmussen J, Skjødt K. Amino acid sequences and structures of chicken and turkey beta 2-microglobulin. Mol Immunol. 1991;28:177-82 pubmed
- Naested H, Holm A, Jenkins T, Nielsen H, Harris C, Beale M, et al. Arabidopsis VARIEGATED 3 encodes a chloroplast-targeted, zinc-finger protein required for chloroplast and palisade cell development. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4807-18 pubmed..These results indicate that VAR3 is a part of a protein complex required for normal chloroplast and palisade cell development. ..
- Rasmussen L, Jensen J, Croitoru V, Sperling Petersen H, Mortensen K. Production and epitope characterization of mAbs specific for translation factor IF1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:72-8 pubmed..We also provide a mapping of the functional epitopes of the generated anti-IF1 monoclonal antibodies by screening the antibodies for binding to IF1 proteins mutated at single amino acid positions. ..
- Vognsen T, Kristensen O. Crystal structure of the Rasputin NTF2-like domain from Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:188-92 pubmed publisher..A HEPES molecule bound in the structure suggests a new, and possibly physiologically relevant, ligand binding site. ..
- Matrone C. A new molecular explanation for age-related neurodegeneration: the Tyr682 residue of amyloid precursor protein. Bioessays. 2013;35:847-52 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model in which APP-C-terminal domain exerts a pathogenic function in neuronal development and decline, and suggest that Tyr682 potentially could modulate the properties of APP metabolites in humans. ..
- Paszota P, Escalante Pérez M, Thomsen L, Risør M, Dembski A, Sanglas L, et al. Secreted major Venus flytrap chitinase enables digestion of Arthropod prey. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844:374-83 pubmed publisher..These peculiar characteristics could well serve industrial purposes, especially because of the ability to hydrolyze both soluble and crystalline chitin substrates including the commercially important cleavage of ?-chitin. ..
- Mikkelsen J, Lund A, Duch M, Pedersen F. Mutations of the kissing-loop dimerization sequence influence the site specificity of murine leukemia virus recombination in vivo. J Virol. 2000;74:600-10 pubmed
- Olesen C, Larsen N, Byskov A, Harboe T, Tommerup N. Human FATE is a novel X-linked gene expressed in fetal and adult testis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2001;184:25-32 pubmed..We propose that FATE might represent a novel target gene of SF-1 in human testicular differentiation and/or germ cell development. ..
- Krusell L, Madsen L, Sato S, Aubert G, Genua A, Szczyglowski K, et al. Shoot control of root development and nodulation is mediated by a receptor-like kinase. Nature. 2002;420:422-6 pubmed..HAR1 encodes a putative serine/threonine receptor kinase, which is required for shoot-controlled regulation of root growth, nodule number, and for nitrate sensitivity of symbiotic development. ..
- Boeri Erba E, Matthiesen R, Bunkenborg J, Schulze W, Di Stefano P, Cabodi S, et al. Quantitation of multisite EGF receptor phosphorylation using mass spectrometry and a novel normalization approach. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:2768-85 pubmed..Furthermore, our results suggest that strong phosphatase inhibitors should be used to generate reference datasets in comparative phosphoproteomics experiments. ..
- Bienert G, Thorsen M, Schüssler M, Nilsson H, Wagner A, Tamás M, et al. A subgroup of plant aquaporins facilitate the bi-directional diffusion of As(OH)3 and Sb(OH)3 across membranes. BMC Biol. 2008;6:26 pubmed publisher..Our observations are potentially of great importance for improved remediation and tolerance of plants, and may provide a key to the development of low arsenic crops for food production. ..
- Kania P, Taraschewski H, Han Y, Cone D, Buchmann K. Divergence between Asian, European and Canadian populations of the monogenean Pseudodactylogyrus bini indicated by ribosomal DNA patterns. J Helminthol. 2010;84:404-9 pubmed publisher..This could indicate that the Canadian parasites were introduced to North America on another occasion and independently of the European colonization. ..
- Rasmussen L, Højrup P, Petersen T. The multimeric structure and disulfide-bonding pattern of bovine kappa-casein. Eur J Biochem. 1992;207:215-22 pubmed..These results indicate that multimerization occurs in a random or at present unpredictable disulfide-bonding pattern regardless of the size of the multimer or the genotype. ..
- Rasmussen P, Gerdes K, Molin S. Genetic analysis of the parB+ locus of plasmid R1. Mol Gen Genet. 1987;209:122-8 pubmed..An incompatibility phenotype connected to parB+ was localized to that part of the 580 bp parB+ region which seems to encode the untranslated RNA. ..
- Hansen J, Cherest H, Kielland Brandt M. Two divergent MET10 genes, one from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and one from Saccharomyces carlsbergensis, encode the alpha subunit of sulfite reductase and specify potential binding sites for FAD and NADPH. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6050-8 pubmed
- Sørensen O, Gram L, Johnsen A, Andersson E, Bangsbøll S, Tjabringa G, et al. Processing of seminal plasma hCAP-18 to ALL-38 by gastricsin: a novel mechanism of generating antimicrobial peptides in vagina. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28540-6 pubmed..This enzymatic activation of a proantimicrobial substance in seminal plasma following exposure to the vaginal milieu represents a novel mechanism to prevent infection following sexual intercourse. ..
- Vinten J, Johnsen A, Roepstorff P, Harpøth J, Tranum Jensen J. Identification of a major protein on the cytosolic face of caveolae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1717:34-40 pubmed..The results show that in a large number of cell types, PTRF is essentially located to caveolae, and that each caveola harbors many copies of the protein. Consequently, we suggest the name Cavin for this protein. ..
- Ã˜dum A, Ã˜stergaard S, NÃ¸rby I, Meldal M, Olesen K. Heterologous expression of peptidyl-Lys metallopeptidase of Armillaria mellea and mutagenic analysis of the recombinant peptidase. J Biochem. 2016;159:461-70 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the increased specificity to result from the additional negative charge which attract and interact with positively charged residues better than the wild type. ..
- Vester B, Garrett R. The importance of highly conserved nucleotides in the binding region of chloramphenicol at the peptidyl transfer centre of Escherichia coli 23S ribosomal RNA. EMBO J. 1988;7:3577-87 pubmed..A mechanistic model is also presented to explain the disruptive effect of chloramphenicol (and other antibiotics) on peptide bond formation at the ribosomal subunit interface. ..