Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Egypt
Topic: middle aged
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Soliman R, Hassan A, Rashwan A, Omar A. Prospective, randomized controlled study to assess the role of dexmedetomidine in patients with supratentorial tumors undergoing craniotomy under general anesthesia. Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2011;21:23-33 pubmed
- Abdelwahab S, Rewisha E, Hashem M, Sobhy M, Galal I, Allam W, et al. Risk factors for hepatitis C virus infection among Egyptian healthcare workers in a national liver diseases referral centre. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2012;106:98-103 pubmed publisher..152) were not significant risk factors for anti-HCV positivity. In conclusion, although one in six HCWs had been infected with HCV, the infections were more likely to be community-acquired and not occupationally related. ..
- Abdou A, Maraee A, Sharaf A, Elnaidany N. Up-regulation of Notch-1 in psoriasis: an immunohistochemical study. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2012;16:177-84 pubmed publisher..The nuclear form is responsible for the exacerbation of symptoms, and it is the one that may disappear by the effect of psoralen and ultraviolet A radiation (PUVA) therapy. ..
- Amr A, Hamdy H, Nasr M, Hedaya M, Hassan A. Effect of pancreatic biliary reflux as a cofactor in cholecystitis. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2012;42:121-8 pubmed..1%. The reason should be clarified by further research and wider scale study. Routinely investigating biliary amylase in every patient having cholecystitis can be a method for early detection of precancerous lesions. ..
- El Sayed M, Atef A. Management of simple (types A and B) closed tibial shaft fractures using percutaneous lag-screw fixation and Ilizarov external fixation in adults. Int Orthop. 2012;36:2133-8 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, it is relatively expensive, technically demanding, necessitates exposure to radiation and patients are expected to be frame friendly. ..
- Zytoon A, Murakami K, Eid H, El Gammal M. High impact of FDG-PET/CT in diagnostic strategies for ovarian cancer. Acta Radiol. 2013;54:340-8 pubmed publisher..The anatomical/functional examination by FDG-PET/CT was proven to be valuable in increasing the diagnostic accuracy that can help improve patient management. ..
- Ene Iordache B, Perico N, Bikbov B, Carminati S, Remuzzi A, Perna A, et al. Chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular risk in six regions of the world (ISN-KDDC): a cross-sectional study. Lancet Glob Health. 2016;4:e307-19 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in general, health-care workforces in countries of low and middle income need strengthening. International Society of Nephrology. ..
- Nowara H. Egyptian experience in laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (technique, complications and intermediate results). Obes Surg. 2001;11:70-5 pubmed..There were no mortalities in this series. LASGB proved to be safe and effective for the treatment of morbid obesity in Egyptian patients. ..
- Salem H. Radical cystectomy with preservation of sexual function and fertility in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: new technique. Int J Urol. 2007;14:294-8; discussion 299 pubmed..This technique allows preservation of sexual function in nearly all cases with better oncological outcome than any other techniques of radical cystectomy aimed at preservation of sexual function. ..
- Aref S, Mossad Y, El Khodary T, Awad M, El Shahat E. Cyclin Dl expression in B-cell non Hodgkin lymphoma. Hematology. 2006;11:365-70 pubmed..Cyclin Dl over expression might be used as adjuvant tool for diagnosis of MCL; has role in NHL biology and is bad prognostic index in NHL. ..
- Shehata M, Abou El Enein A, El Sharnouby G. Significance of toll-like receptors 2 and 4 mRNA expression in chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Egypt J Immunol. 2006;13:141-52 pubmed..Lager scale studies as well as advanced molecular researches on immune-modulation of TLRs are recommended. This may have the way to a new therapeutic tool for HCV. ..
- Khedr E, Rothwell J, Ahmed M, El Atar A. Effect of daily repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for treatment of tinnitus: comparison of different stimulus frequencies. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008;79:212-5 pubmed publisher..Daily sessions of rTMS over the temporoparietal cortex may be a useful potential treatment for tinnitus. ..
- El Khadrawy O, Moussa G, Mansour O, Hashish M. Prophylactic prosthetic reinforcement of midline abdominal incisions in high-risk patients. Hernia. 2009;13:267-74 pubmed publisher..There was no risk in the use of the mesh regarding local and systemic complication. However, the final statement should await the outcomes of the long-term follow up of the studied cases. ..
- Eid T, Radwan A, el Manawy W, el Hawary I. Intravitreal bevacizumab and aqueous shunting surgery for neovascular glaucoma: safety and efficacy. Can J Ophthalmol. 2009;44:451-6 pubmed publisher..To study the safety and efficacy of intravitreal injection of bevacizumab followed by aqueous shunting tube surgery for the management of neovascular glaucoma (NVG)...
- Ammar S. Management of complicated umbilical hernias in cirrhotic patients using permanent mesh: randomized clinical trial. Hernia. 2010;14:35-8 pubmed publisher..There was no need to remove any of the meshes. Permanent mesh can be used in complicated hernias in cirrhotic patients with minimal wound-related morbidity and a significantly lower rate of recurrence. ..
- Khedr E, Abo Elfetoh N. Therapeutic role of rTMS on recovery of dysphagia in patients with lateral medullary syndrome and brainstem infarction. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2010;81:495-9 pubmed publisher..001). These findings suggest that rTMS could be a useful adjuvant strategy in neurorehabilitation of dysphagia due to LMI or other brainstem infarction, although further assessment is necessary in multicentre clinical trials. ..
- Lobna S, Metawea Y, Elsheikha H. Prevalence of heterophyiosis in Tilapia fish and humans in Northern Egypt. Parasitol Res. 2010;107:1029-34 pubmed publisher..22 [95% CI 0.58-8.53]), or aged 5-14 years (OR 1.29 [95% CI 0.30-5.58]) and heterophyid infection. Measures should be implemented to reduce the risk of transmission of heterophyids to human and fish-eating animals...
- Amr Y. Effect of addition of epidural ketamine to steroid in lumbar radiculitis: one-year follow-up. Pain Physician. 2011;14:475-81 pubmed..The limitations include a lack of placebo control. Epidurally administrated ketamine seems to be a safe and useful adjunct to epidural corticosteroid therapy in chronic lumbar radicular pain. ..
- Talaat R, Esmail A, Elwakil R, Gurgis A, Nasr M. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha -308G/A polymorphism and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in hepatitis C virus-infected patients. Chin J Cancer. 2012;31:29-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that the TNF-? -308 polymorphism may not be a host genetic factor associated with the severity of HCV infection, but may be an independent risk factor for HCC. ..
- Elsammak M, Al Sharkaweey R, Fahmy M, Reda A, Farid W, Emara A, et al. Taq1B polymorphism of cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) in Egyptian patients with metabolic syndrome. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2011;5:61-5 pubmed publisher..Egyptian patients affected with metabolic syndrome have a higher prevalence of B1B1 genotype that is associated with lower serum HDL-C levels. ..
- Abdou A, Maraee A, Reyad W. Immunohistochemical expression of heat shock protein 70 in vitiligo. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2013;17:245-9 pubmed publisher..Nuclear localization of HSP 70 may be more important than its presence or absence, beside it may be related to progression of the disease. ..
- Talaat H, Kabel A, Khaliel L, Abuhadied G, El Naga H, Talaat A. Reduction of recurrence rate of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo by treatment of severe vitamin D deficiency. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2016;43:237-41 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that improvement of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 levels is associated with substantial decrease in recurrence of BPPV. ..
- Abdel Gawad M, Elsobky E, Shalaby M, Abd Elhameed M, Abdel Rahim M, Ali el Dein B. Quantitative Evaluation of Heavy Metals and Trace Elements in the Urinary Bladder: Comparison Between Cancerous, Adjacent Non-cancerous and Normal Cadaveric Tissue. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;174:280-286 pubmed..However, further work-up is needed to support this conclusion by the application of these HMTE on BC cell lines. ..
- Abdul Maksoud R, Shalaby S, Elsayed W, Elkady S. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 and cytokeratin 20 expressions and their relation to prognostic variables in bladder cancer. Gene. 2016;591:320-6 pubmed publisher..Lastly, combined detection of FGFR1 and CK20 had a high predictive prognostic value in differentiating invasive from non-invasive carcinoma. ..
- Yousef S, AbdelRahim K, Ahmed A, Almaary K, Mohamed A. Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis and Detection of Resistance to Rifampin and Isoniazid through Direct Molecular Methods in Stool Samples. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:616-621 pubmed..However, they are not as useful for assessing follow-up patients. ..
- El Ridi R, Farouk F, Sherif M, Al Sherbiny M, Osman A, El Gengehi N, et al. T and B cell reactivity to a 42-kDa protein is associated with human resistance to both schistosomiasis mansoni and haematobium. J Infect Dis. 1998;177:1364-72 pubmed..The present data extend the previous findings and imply that S. mansoni-derived G3PDH represents a target of protective T and B cell-mediated antischistosomiasis immunity in humans. ..
- Ghoraba H. Primary vitrectomy for the management of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment associated with choroidal detachment. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2001;239:733-6 pubmed..To evaluate the role and the results of primary vitrectomy in treating cases with coexisting rhegmatogenous retinal detachment and choroidal detachment...
- Ragab S, Elsheikh M, Saafan M, Elsherief S. Radiophonosurgery of benign superficial vocal fold lesions. J Laryngol Otol. 2005;119:961-6 pubmed..It combines the advantages of both cold knife and laser phonosurgery, being easy, safe, precise and effective, and having excellent tactile and haemostatic properties. ..
- Abdel Rassoul G, El Fateh O, Salem M, Michael A, Farahat F, el Batanouny M, et al. Neurobehavioral effects among inhabitants around mobile phone base stations. Neurotoxicology. 2007;28:434-40 pubmed
- Morsi W, Shaker O, Ismail E, Ahmed H, El Serafi T, Maklady F, et al. HO-1 and VGEF gene expression in human arteries with advanced atherosclerosis. Clin Biochem. 2006;39:1057-62 pubmed..This study suggests an association between HO activity and VEGF protein in human ECs from advanced atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- Abdalla A, Garcia Godoy F. Clinical evaluation of self-etch adhesives in Class V non-carious lesions. Am J Dent. 2006;19:289-92 pubmed..Also, there was no significant difference between Admira Bond and Clearfil SE Bond at each recall period. ..
- El Rosasy M. Acute shortening and re-lengthening in the management of bone and soft-tissue loss in complicated fractures of the tibia. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2007;89:80-8 pubmed..7 months (4.5 to 8) and for the nonunions, 7.6 months (5.5 to 12.5). Complications included one refracture, one transient palsy of the peroneal nerve and one equinus contracture of 10 degrees . ..
- Elgammal M. Straddle injuries to the bulbar urethra: management and outcome in 53 patients. Int Braz J Urol. 2009;35:450-8 pubmed..To describe our experience with blunt injuries to the bulbar urethra and their late sequelae to identify factors that may affect patient outcome...
- Galal G, Amin N, Abdel Hafeez H, El Baz M. Can serum fibrosis markers predict medium/large oesophageal varices in patients with liver cirrhosis?. Arab J Gastroenterol. 2011;12:62-7 pubmed publisher..This would help physicians to identify patients who would most likely benefit from screening endoscopy and thus, reduce costs and discomfort from unnecessary endoscopic procedures. ..
- Abdou A, Maraee A, El Sayed E, Elnaidany N. Immunohistochemical expression of ezrin in cutaneous basal and squamous cell carcinomas. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011;15:394-401 pubmed publisher..It may enhance local invasion or metastasis of epithelial skin tumors, which necessitates further larger study to clarify. The intensity rather than the pattern of ezrin expression had a more probable impact on the tumor behavior. ..
- El Sharkawi M, Said G. Instrumented circumferential fusion for tuberculosis of the dorso-lumbar spine. A single or double stage procedure?. Int Orthop. 2012;36:315-24 pubmed publisher..One-stage surgery, however, is advantageous because it has lower complication rate, shorter hospital stay, less operative time and blood loss. ..
- Hegazy S, El Bedewy M, Yagi A. Antifibrotic effect of aloe vera in viral infection-induced hepatic periportal fibrosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:2026-34 pubmed publisher..Oral supplementation with AHM could be helpful in alleviating the fibrosis and inflammation of hepatic fibrosis patients. ..
- Khalifa M, Ragab S, Saafan M, El Guindy A. Endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy with double posteriorly based nasal and lacrimal flaps: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;147:782-7 pubmed..It has a comparable success rate, operative time, and safety profile, with a suggestion of a better healing profile in terms of mucosal recovery, wound healing, and less need for debridement sessions. ..
- Fayed N, Refaat E, Yassein T, Alwaraqy M. Effect of perioperative terlipressin infusion on systemic, hepatic, and renal hemodynamics during living donor liver transplantation. J Crit Care. 2013;28:775-82 pubmed publisher..It helped to reduce intraoperative vasoactive support and might improve postoperative renal function. ..
- Ebid G, Ghareeb M, Salaheldin O, Kamel M. Prevalence of the frequency of JAK2 (V617F) mutation in different myeloproliferative disorders in Egyptian patients. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11555-9 pubmed..It is unequivocal now that V617F is met in many MPDs especially PRV. Finding this mutation in those patients is thought to have a big impact on the diagnosis and treatment of these disorders. ..
- Shafik A, El Sibai O, Shafik I. Rectocele repair with stapled transvaginal rectal resection. Tech Coloproctol. 2016;20:207-14 pubmed publisher..0Â %). Vaginal repair carries no risk of fecal incontinence. Large anterior rectocele is considered the main indication for this technique. Using the linear stapler is a cost-effective, simple, and easy technique. ..
- El Anany F, Hammouda H, Maghraby H, Elakkad M. Retrograde ureteropyeloscopic holmium laser lithotripsy for large renal calculi. BJU Int. 2001;88:850-3 pubmed..To assess the efficacy and safety of the retrograde ureteropyeloscopic holmium laser for treating renal stones that are too large to treat with extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)...
- Abdel Hakim A, Bassiouny F, Abdel Azim M, Rady I, Mohey T, Habib I, et al. Laparoscopic radical cystectomy with orthotopic neobladder. J Endourol. 2002;16:377-81 pubmed..The use of the Harmonic Shears in the cystectomy reduces the operative cost significantly. With growing experience, laparoscopic radical cystectomy and continent urinary diversion can be an alternative to the open technique. ..
- El Baz M, Morsy T, El Bandary M, Motawea S. Clinical and parasitological studies on the efficacy of Mirazid in treatment of schistosomiasis haematobium in Tatoon, Etsa Center, El Fayoum Governorate. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2003;33:761-76 pubmed..So, Mirazid in a dose of two capsules (600 mgm) on an empty stomach before breakfast for six successive days proved to be very effective and safe in the treatment of schistosomiasis haematobium. ..
- El Kenawy A, Lotfy M, El Kott A, El Shahat M. Significance of matrix metalloproteinase 9 and CD34 expressions in esophageal carcinoma: correlation with DNA content. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005;39:791-4 pubmed
- Zaky S, Farghaly A, Rashed H, Hassan H, Faouzy E, Makhlouf N, et al. Clinicopathologic features and genotyping of patients with chronic HBV infection in the Upper Egypt. Cell Immunol. 2010;265:97-104 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first indication about the clinicopathologic features of HBV-infected patients in the Upper Egypt. It also reports the predominance of genotype D in this region...
- El Barbary A, Kassem E, El Sergany M, Essa S, Eltomey M. Association of anti-modified citrullinated vimentin with subclinical atherosclerosis in early rheumatoid arthritis compared with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide. J Rheumatol. 2011;38:828-34 pubmed publisher..Anti-MCV was as sensitive as anti-CCP3 in diagnosing early RA. Anti-MCV testing appears to be useful for monitoring associated subclinical atherosclerosis in early RA. ..
- Abdelrahman H, Siam A, Shawky A, Ezzati A, Boehm H. Infection after vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty. A series of nine cases and review of literature. Spine J. 2013;13:1809-17 pubmed publisher..This should be accounted for, in decision making in the elderly age group most commonly affected by osteoporotic fractures and especially in suspicious and high-risk immune-compromised patients. ..
- Eissa S, Shawky S, Matboli M, Mohamed S, Azzazy H. Direct detection of unamplified hepatoma upregulated protein RNA in urine using gold nanoparticles for bladder cancer diagnosis. Clin Biochem. 2014;47:104-10 pubmed publisher..The concordance between the HURP AuNP assay with RT-PCR after RNA purification using functionalized MNPs was 97%. The developed colorimetric HURP RNA AuNP assay is sensitive, simple, and can aid noninvasive diagnosis of bladder cancer. ..
- Abdellatif A, Tawfeek H. Transfersomal Nanoparticles for Enhanced Transdermal Delivery of Clindamycin. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2016;17:1067-74 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the produced results suggest that TRS-loaded clindamycin are promising carriers for enhanced dermal delivery of clindamycin phosphate. ..
- Amer T, El Baz R, Mokhtar A, El Shaer S, Elshazli R, Settin A. Genetic polymorphisms of IL-23R (rs7517847) and LEP (rs7799039) among Egyptian patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2017;123:279-285 pubmed publisher..IL-23?R (rs7517847) and LEP (rs7799039) polymorphisms were associated with an increased risk but not affecting the clinical presentation of HCC among Egyptian patients. ..
- Khedr E, Aref E. Electrophysiological study of vocal-fold mobility disorders using a magnetic stimulator. Eur J Neurol. 2002;9:259-67 pubmed..The results indicate that the magnetically evoked potential of laryngeal muscles offers an easy, non-invasive technique and could have a role in the assessment of the integrity of corticolaryngeal pathways. ..
- Safoury Y. Free vascularized fibula for the treatment of traumatic bone defects and nonunion of the forearm bones. J Hand Surg Br. 2005;30:67-72 pubmed..One patient required additional cancellous bone grafting. The mean period required for radiographic bone union was 4 months. Reconstruction of only the radius provided a stable forearm with a reasonable range of forearm rotation...
- El Badawi Z, Muhammad E, Noaman H. Role of immunohistochemical cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) and osteocalcin in differentiating between osteoblastomas and osteosarcomas. Malays J Pathol. 2012;34:15-23 pubmed..Negative COX-2 could confirm the diagnosis of low grade osteosarcoma versus aggressive osteoblastoma. Intensity and distribution of osteocalcin may indicate the degree of osteoblastic differentiation. ..
- Attallah A, Abdallah S, Attallah A, Omran M, Farid K, Nasif W, et al. Diagnostic value of fibronectin discriminant score for predicting liver fibrosis stages in chronic hepatitis C virus patients. Ann Hepatol. 2013;12:44-53 pubmed..FDS predicted liver fibrosis with high degree of accuracy, potentially decreasing the number of liver biopsy required. ..
- Gharib A, Karam R, Abd El Rahman T, Elsawy W. COX-2 polymorphisms -765G?C and -1195A?G and hepatocellular carcinoma risk. Gene. 2014;543:234-6 pubmed publisher..37). The A allele was present significantly more often in HCC patients (OR 1.5; 95%CI, 1.05-2.14). In conclusion, our results demonstrated that the -1195AA genotype and A allele have an important role in HCC risk in Egyptian patients. ..
- Abdou A, Elshayeb E, Farag A, Elnaidany N. Helicobacter pylori infection in patients with chronic urticaria: correlation with pathologic findings in gastric biopsies. Int J Dermatol. 2009;48:464-9 pubmed publisher..The severity of symptoms is dependent on the density of bacterial infection and the intensity of inflammatory infiltrate in the gastric biopsy. ..
- Abdel Ghany S, Sayed A, El Deek S, ElBadre H, Dahpy M, Saleh M, et al. Obesity risk prediction among women of Upper Egypt: The impact of serum vaspin and vaspin rs2236242 gene polymorphism. Gene. 2017;626:140-148 pubmed publisher..The entire understanding of vaspin intimate mechanistic action might enable the development of novel etiology-based treatment strategies for obesity, the complex genetic trait. ..
- Bassiouny H, Soliman N, el Daly S, Badr N. Human fascioliasis in Egypt: effect of infection and efficacy of bithionol treatment. J Trop Med Hyg. 1991;94:333-7 pubmed..Antibody titres reached a normal level at the end of the 3rd month post treatment. Bithionol proved to be a potent fasciolicidal drug with minimal side-effects. ..
- Ali El Dein B. Oncological outcome after radical cystectomy and orthotopic bladder substitution in women. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009;35:320-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, preservation of the uninvolved gynecologic organs during radical cystectomy in premenopausal women with unifocal, organ-confined tumor above the bladder base, is justified. ..
- El Moula M, Abdallah A, El Anany F, Abdelsalam Y, Abolyosr A, Abdelhameed D, et al. Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy: our experience with 74 cases. Int J Urol. 2008;15:593-7 pubmed publisher..This procedure fulfills the advantages of minimal blood loss and analgesia requirements, good cosmetic appearance, short hospital stay and convalescence period. ..
- El Khatib H, Mahboub T, Ali T. Use of an adipofascial flap based on the proximal perforators of the ulnar artery to correct contracture of elbow burn scars: an anatomic and clinical approach. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002;109:130-6 pubmed..In the past 3 years, 14 flaps were used in 13 patients to repair elbow defects after release of burn scar contractures. Flap dimensions ranged from 4 x 7 cm to 6 x 14 cm (mean flap size, 74 cm). The results were very satisfactory...
- Swellam M, Hamdy N. Association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease with a single nucleotide polymorphism on the gene encoding leptin receptor. IUBMB Life. 2012;64:180-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, polymorphism of LepR gene contributes to the onset of NAFLD by regulating lipid metabolism and affecting insulin sensitivity. ..
- Hassan S, El demery A, Ahmed A, Abukhalil R. Soluble TWEAK and cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in chronic kidney disease patients. Arab J Nephrol Transplant. 2012;5:27-32 pubmed..5 Â± 60.2 versus 274.8 Â± 90 pg/mL; P < 0.05). Soluble TWEAK can be a novel biomarker of atherosclerosis and endothelial dysfunction as well as cardiovascular outcome in CKD patients. ..
- El Hawary A, Abbas A, Elsayed A, Zalata K. Molecular subtypes of breast carcinoma in Egyptian women: clinicopathological features. Pathol Res Pract. 2012;208:382-6 pubmed publisher..Triple-negative subtype and medullary carcinomas are present in a ratio higher than in western countries. ..
- El Nasser A Mohammad A. Local steroid injection for management of different types of acute idiopathic orbital inflammation: an 8-year study. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;29:286-9 pubmed publisher..The excellent long-term results achieved will shift the treatment of idiopathic orbital inflammation from oral steroid therapy with its hazards to a safer local injection therapy. ..
- Ghnnam W. Fournier's gangrene in Mansoura Egypt: a review of 74 cases. J Postgrad Med. 2008;54:106-9 pubmed..Even with aggressive surgical and medical treatment, mortality of the disease is high. In the present cases, such a high ratio of 21.6% means that this disease is still serious and fatal in Egypt. ..
- Nabil D, Eissa A. Evaluation of posteromedial transdiscal superior hypogastric block after failure of the classic approach. Clin J Pain. 2010;26:694-7 pubmed publisher..The posteromedian transdiscal approach to SHPB for cancer pain proved to be safe and reliable compared with the classic technique. No nerve or disc-related complications were noted. ..
- Ibrahim S, Fayed A, Fadda S, Belal D. A five-year analysis of the incidence of glomerulonephritis at Cairo University Hospital-Egypt. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2012;23:866-70 pubmed publisher..96%), focal proliferative GN (12.77%) and membranous GN (10.93%). The results could be explained by the high incidence of lupus nephritis among the study subjects as well as the relatively young age of the study group...
- Shaker O, Hammam O, Wishahi M. Is there a correlation between HPV and urinary bladder carcinoma?. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:183-91 pubmed publisher..DNA image cytometric features may predict stage progression in TCC. Expression of p21, DNA HPV 6/11 and 16/18 may be used as biological markers of bladder carcinoma. ..
- El Mahallawy H, Hassan S, Khalifa H, El Sayed Safa M, Khafagy M. Comparing a combination of penicillin G and gentamicin to a combination of clindamycin and amikacin as prophylactic antibiotic regimens in prevention of clean contaminated wound infections in cancer surgery. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2013;25:31-5 pubmed publisher..Timing of PA is effective in preventing SSIs when administered 30min before the start of surgery. ..
- Sallam H, Farrag A, Agameya A, Ezzeldin F, Eid A, Sallam A. The use of a modified hypo-osmotic swelling test for the selection of viable ejaculated and testicular immotile spermatozoa in ICSI. Hum Reprod. 2001;16:272-6 pubmed..7 versus 8.3%). It is concluded that the use of this solution to select viable but immotile spermatozoa for ICSI is a simple and practical method and is associated with acceptable fertilization and pregnancy rates. ..
- Baddour M, Abuelkheir M, Fatani A. Trends in antibiotic susceptibility patterns and epidemiology of MRSA isolates from several hospitals in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2006;5:30 pubmed..Fusidic acid, the local antibiotic, gentamicin and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole should not be relied upon for treatment of MRSA infections, at least empirically as the percentage of susceptible isolates is very low. ..
- Yousif M, Khafagy H, El Shanawani F, El Sabae H, Omar S, Allam M, et al. Hepatocellular integrity during sevoflurane anesthesia with induced hypotension. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2009;39:641-51 pubmed..05 then returned back to normal range at T4. But, pi-GST, AST and ALT showed no significant changes throughout the study in both groups. ..
- Younis S, Khedr R, El Shorbagy S. Immunohistochemical analysis of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) protein expression as prognostic marker in glioblastoma patients treated with radiation therapy with concomitant and adjuvant Temozolomide. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2016;28:23-30 pubmed publisher..MGMT expression was identified as positive prognostic factor in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma who underwent surgical resection followed by adjuvant radiotherapy and concomitant oral TMZ chemotherapy (the Stupp protocol). ..
- Kabapy A, Kotkat A, Shatat H, Abd El Wahab E. Clinico-epidemiological profile of fever of unknown origin in an Egyptian setting: A hospital-based study (2009-2010). J Infect Dev Ctries. 2016;10:30-42 pubmed publisher..A three-step diagnostic work-up approach is recommended to be applied in Egypt in order to improve the quality of medical service provided to FUO patients. ..
- Shaamash A, Sayed E. Prediction of successful menorrhagia treatment after thermal balloon endometrial ablation. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2004;30:210-6 pubmed..At 2-year follow-up, thermal balloon endometrial ablation is effective in menorrhagia treatment. Increased age, shorter uterine depth and adequate balloon pressure can be predictive factors for successful treatment. ..
- Azzam A, Uryuhara K, Taka I, Takada Y, Egawa H, Tanaka K. Analysis of complications in hepatic right lobe living donors. Ann Saudi Med. 2010;30:18-24 pubmed publisher..However, remnant liver size and anatomical variations in the biliary tree represent important risk factors for postoperative complications. ..
- Khalil A, Elgedawy J, Faramawi M, Elfert A, Salama I, Abbass A, et al. Plasma osteopontin level as a diagnostic marker of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with radiological evidence of focal hepatic lesions. Tumori. 2013;99:100-7 pubmed publisher..The diagnostic role of plasma osteopontin as an adjuvant or alternative marker to alpha fetoprotein to detect hepatocellular carcinoma in Egyptian patients with focal hepatic lesions was evaluated in this study...
- Elbasateeny S, Salem A, Abdelsalam W, Salem R. Immunohistochemical expression of cancer stem cell related markers CD44 and CD133 in endometrial cancer. Pathol Res Pract. 2016;212:10-6 pubmed publisher..Further examination of the expression and function of CD44 and CD133 with a greater number of carcinosarcomas is warranted. ..
- Simis M, Di Lazzaro V, Kirton A, Pennisi G, Bella R, Kim Y, et al. Neurophysiological measurements of affected and unaffected motor cortex from a cross-sectional, multi-center individual stroke patient data analysis study. Neurophysiol Clin. 2016;46:53-61 pubmed publisher..In the unaffected motor cortex, these correlations were not significant. We discuss these findings in the context of stroke rehabilitation. ..
- Marey H, Mandour S, Ellakwa A. Subscleral trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C versus ologen for treatment of glaucoma. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2013;29:330-4 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the use of the Ologen implant in SST is comparable to the use of MMC with advantage of avoiding the potential dangerous complications related to MMC use in the early (12 months) follow-up period. ..
- Abdel Malak C, Darwish H, Elsaid A, El Tarapely F, Elshazli R. Association of APC I1307K and E1317Q polymorphisms with colorectal cancer among Egyptian subjects. Fam Cancer. 2016;15:49-56 pubmed publisher..APC I1307K variant was associated with an increased risk of CRC among Egyptian subjects. ..
- Attallah A, Toson E, Shiha G, Omran M, Abdel Aziz M, El Dosoky I. Evaluation of serum procollagen aminoterminal propeptide III, laminin, and hydroxyproline as predictors of severe fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 2007;28:199-211 pubmed..This result was reproduced in a validation study with no significant difference. In conclusion, FDS is useful for identifying severe liver fibrosis in patients with CHC. ..
- Zytoon A, Murakami K, El Kholy M, El Shorbagy E. Dual time point FDG-PET/CT imaging... Potential tool for diagnosis of breast cancer. Clin Radiol. 2008;63:1213-27 pubmed publisher..1%, specificity 75.9%, p<0.0001). Dual time point FDG-PET/CT improves the discrimination between non-invasive and invasive cancers, and provided superior sensitivity for the detection of small cancers and cancers in dense breast. ..
- Hamad A, Elmistekawy E, Elatafy E. Chronic atelectasis of the left lower lobe: a clinicopathological condition equivalent to middle lobe syndrome. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2012;15:618-21 pubmed..Surgical resection is indicated for bronchiectatic lobe or failure of 2-month intensive medical therapy to resolve lobar atelectasis. ..
- Mohamed H, Saad Z, Abd Elreheem E, Abd ElGhany W, Mohamed M, Abd Elnaeem E, et al. Hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV infection among Egyptian prisoners: seroprevalence, risk factors and related chronic liver diseases. J Infect Public Health. 2013;6:186-95 pubmed publisher..Public health strategies to prevent morbidity and mortality from these infections should include hepatitis B vaccination, HCV testing, counseling and medical management of infected prisoners. ..