Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in United States
Locale: United States
Publications1276 found, 100 shown here
- Zammit D, Cauley L, Pham Q, Lefrancois L. Dendritic cells maximize the memory CD8 T cell response to infection. Immunity. 2005;22:561-70 pubmed..These data show that interaction with DCs is a major mechanism driving T cell reactivation in vivo, even during a tissue-specific infection of the respiratory tract. ..
- Shen Q, Wang Y, Dimos J, Fasano C, Phoenix T, Lemischka I, et al. The timing of cortical neurogenesis is encoded within lineages of individual progenitor cells. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:743-51 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that neural stem cells change neuropotency during development and have a window of plasticity when restrictions can be reversed. ..
- Jiang J, Li H, Fahid F, Filbert E, Safavi K, Spangberg L, et al. Quantitative analysis of osteoclast-specific gene markers stimulated by lipopolysaccharide. J Endod. 2006;32:742-6 pubmed..These results suggest that bone-resportive action by LPS is partially independent of RANKL. ..
- Ward N, Moore E, Noon K, Spassil N, Keenan E, Ivanco T, et al. Cerebral angiogenic factors, angiogenesis, and physiological response to chronic hypoxia differ among four commonly used mouse strains. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;102:1927-35 pubmed
- Cheng X, Buckley D, Klaassen C. Regulation of hepatic bile acid transporters Ntcp and Bsep expression. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:1665-76 pubmed..In conclusion, mouse Ntcp and Bsep are regulated by age, gender, cholestyramine, and bile acid, but resistant to induction by most microsomal enzyme inducers...
- Goebel E, Zhang X, Harvill E. Bordetella pertussis infection or vaccination substantially protects mice against B. bronchiseptica infection. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6778 pubmed publisher..pertussis in humans could explain the lack of observed B. bronchiseptica transmission. This could also explain the apparent association of B. bronchiseptica infections with an immunocompromised state. ..
- Liu X, Miyazaki M, Flowers M, Sampath H, Zhao M, Chu K, et al. Loss of Stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 attenuates adipocyte inflammation: effects of adipocyte-derived oleate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:31-8 pubmed publisher..Loss of SCD1 attenuates adipocyte inflammation and its paracrine regulation of inflammation in macrophages and endothelial cells. The reduced oleate level is linked to the inflammation-modulating effects of SCD1 deficiency. ..
- Mukherjee R, Colbath G, Justus C, Bruce J, Allen C, Hewett K, et al. Spatiotemporal induction of matrix metalloproteinase-9 transcription after discrete myocardial injury. FASEB J. 2010;24:3819-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings suggest that changes in a key determinant of extracellular matrix remodeling, in addition to changes in myocardial structure, can contribute to arrhythmogenesis around the region of myocardial injury. ..
- Cengiz P, Kleman N, Uluc K, Kendigelen P, Hagemann T, Akture E, et al. Inhibition of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1 is neuroprotective in neonatal hypoxic ischemic brain injury. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;14:1803-13 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that NHE-1-mediated disruption of ionic homeostasis contributes to striatal and CA1 pyramidal neuronal injury after neonatal HI. ..
- Macarthur C, Pillers D, Pang J, Kempton J, Trune D. Altered expression of middle and inner ear cytokines in mouse otitis media. Laryngoscope. 2011;121:365-71 pubmed publisher..This provides a potential molecular basis for the transient and permanent sensorineural hearing loss often reported with acute and chronic OM. ..
- Burel S, Machemer T, Ragone F, Kato H, Cauntay P, Greenlee S, et al. Unique O-methoxyethyl ribose-DNA chimeric oligonucleotide induces an atypical melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5-dependent induction of type I interferon response. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;342:150-62 pubmed publisher..These results revealed a novel mechanism of oligonucleotide-mediated toxicity requiring both MDA5 and IPS-1 and resulting in the activation of the innate immune response. ..
- Jacome Galarza C, Lee S, Lorenzo J, Aguila H. Identification, characterization, and isolation of a common progenitor for osteoclasts, macrophages, and dendritic cells from murine bone marrow and periphery. J Bone Miner Res. 2013;28:1203-13 pubmed publisher..However, the lineage relationship between the bone marrow and peripheral monocyte progenitors has yet to be defined...
- Sudduth T, Powell D, Smith C, Greenstein A, Wilcock D. Induction of hyperhomocysteinemia models vascular dementia by induction of cerebral microhemorrhages and neuroinflammation. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2013;33:708-15 pubmed publisher..Overall, we have developed a dietary model of VaD that will be valuable for studying the pathophysiology of VaD and also for studying the comorbidity of VaD with other dementias and other neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Dudek H, Wong D, Arvan R, Shah A, Wortham K, Ying B, et al. Knockdown of ?-catenin with dicer-substrate siRNAs reduces liver tumor burden in vivo. Mol Ther. 2014;22:92-101 pubmed publisher..These results validate ?-catenin as a target for liver cancer therapy and demonstrate the promise of RNAi in general and DsiRNAs in particular for reaching traditionally undruggable cancer targets. ..
- Wang Z, Wang P, Bjorling D. Treatment with a cannabinoid receptor 2 agonist decreases severity of established cystitis. J Urol. 2014;191:1153-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that cannabinoid receptor 2 is a potential therapeutic target for treatment of painful inflammatory bladder diseases. ..
- O Hara S, Splinter P, Trussoni C, Pisarello M, Loarca L, Splinter N, et al. ETS Proto-oncogene 1 Transcriptionally Up-regulates the Cholangiocyte Senescence-associated Protein Cyclin-dependent Kinase Inhibitor 2A. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4833-4846 pubmed publisher..These data pinpoint ETS1 and H3K4Me3 as key transcriptional regulators in NRAS-induced expression of CDKN2A, and this regulatory axis may therefore represent a potential therapeutic target for PSC treatment. ..
- Ochkur S, Doyle A, Jacobsen E, Lesuer W, Li W, Protheroe C, et al. Frontline Science: Eosinophil-deficient MBP-1 and EPX double-knockout mice link pulmonary remodeling and airway dysfunction with type 2 inflammation. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:589-599 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the utility of this unique strain of eosinophil-deficient mice as part of in vivo model studies investigating the roles of eosinophils in health and disease settings. ..
- Lin C, Goldthwait D, Samols D. Induction of transcription from the long terminal repeat of Moloney murine sarcoma provirus by UV-irradiation, x-irradiation, and phorbol ester. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:36-40 pubmed..Down-regulation of protein kinase C blocked totally the response to x-irradiation but only partially the response to UV. The protein kinase inhibitor H7 blocked the response to treatment by UV, x-ray, and phorbol ester...
- Mathisen P, Pease S, Garvey J, Hood L, Readhead C. Identification of an embryonic isoform of myelin basic protein that is expressed widely in the mouse embryo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10125-9 pubmed..The expression of E-MBP in cell types distinct from the nervous system strongly suggests that this MBP isoform has a role apart from the formation of myelin. ..
- Porter J, Rafael J, Ragusa R, Brueckner J, Trickett J, Davies K. The sparing of extraocular muscle in dystrophinopathy is lost in mice lacking utrophin and dystrophin. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 13):1801-11 pubmed..Moreover, data lend support to the hypothesis that interventions designed to increase utrophin levels may ameliorate the pathology in other skeletal muscles in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. ..
- Balkowiec A, Katz D. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor is required for normal development of the central respiratory rhythm in mice. J Physiol. 1998;510 ( Pt 2):527-33 pubmed..BDNF is thus the first growth factor identified that is required for normal development of the central respiratory rhythm, including the stabilization of central respiratory output that occurs after birth. ..
- Wang L, Shao J, Muhlenkamp P, Liu S, Klepcyk P, Ren J, et al. Increased insulin receptor substrate-1 and enhanced skeletal muscle insulin sensitivity in mice lacking CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14173-81 pubmed..These results demonstrate that C/EBPbeta deletion decreases plasma FFA levels and increases insulin signal transduction specifically in skeletal muscle, and both contribute to increased whole-body insulin sensitivity. ..
- Harris S, Bartley C, Hacker T, McDonald K, Douglas P, Greaser M, et al. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in cardiac myosin binding protein-C knockout mice. Circ Res. 2002;90:594-601 pubmed..These results establish that cMyBP-C is not essential for cardiac development but that the absence of cMyBP-C results in profound cardiac hypertrophy and impaired contractile function. ..
- Kamei T, Jones S, Chapman B, MCGonigle K, Dai G, Soares M. The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway modulates the endocrine differentiation of trophoblast cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:1469-81 pubmed..In summary, activation of the PI3-K/Akt signaling pathway regulates the development of the differentiated trophoblast giant cell phenotype. ..
- Westbrook T, Nguyen D, Thrash B, McCance D. E7 abolishes raf-induced arrest via mislocalization of p21(Cip1). Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7041-52 pubmed..We propose that E7 elicits a proliferative response to Raf signaling by targeting p21(Cip1) function via a novel mechanism. ..
- de Silva K, Daud A, Deng J, Jones S, Gamelli R, Shankar R. Prostaglandin E2 mediates growth arrest in NFS-60 cells by down-regulating interleukin-6 receptor expression. Biochem J. 2003;370:315-21 pubmed..The present study demonstrates that PGE2 is a potent down-regulator of IL-6r expression and thus may provide a mechanistic explanation for the granulocytopenia seen in thermal injury and sepsis. ..
- Parker W, Allan P, Hassan A, Secrist J, Sorscher E, Waud W. Antitumor activity of 2-fluoro-2'-deoxyadenosine against tumors that express Escherichia coli purine nucleoside phosphorylase. Cancer Gene Ther. 2003;10:23-9 pubmed..Regardless, these results indicated that F-dAdo was also an excellent prodrug for use with gene vectors that deliver E. coli PNP to tumor cells. ..
- Qin H, Iliopoulos D, Semba S, Fabbri M, Druck T, Volinia S, et al. A role for the WWOX gene in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:6477-81 pubmed..The data are consistent with a role for WWOX as a prostate cancer tumor suppressor and suggest that WWOX signal pathways should be further investigated in normal and cancerous prostate cells and tissues. ..
- Walraven J, Doll M, Hein D. Identification and characterization of functional rat arylamine N-acetyltransferase 3: comparisons with rat arylamine N-acetyltransferases 1 and 2. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;319:369-75 pubmed..This study is the first to report a third arylamine N-acetyltransferase isozyme with significant functional capacity. ..
- Maeda A, Maeda T, Palczewski K. Improvement in rod and cone function in mouse model of Fundus albipunctatus after pharmacologic treatment with 9-cis-retinal. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:4540-6 pubmed..Rod and cone visual function improved significantly in the mouse model of F. albipunctatus after treatment with 9-cis-retinal, suggesting a potential approach to slow the progression of cone dystrophy in affected humans. ..
- Su W, Bush C, Necela B, Calcagno S, Murray N, Fields A, et al. Differential expression, distribution, and function of PPAR-gamma in the proximal and distal colon. Physiol Genomics. 2007;30:342-53 pubmed
- Morozov V, Massoll N, Vladimirova O, Maul G, Ishov A. Regulation of c-met expression by transcription repressor Daxx. Oncogene. 2008;27:2177-86 pubmed..Finally, inverse correlation between Daxx and c-Met in cancer cell lines and in metastatic breast cancer specimens suggests potential function of Daxx as a c-met repressor during cancer progression. ..
- Zhou Q, Nie R, Li Y, Friel P, Mitchell D, Hess R, et al. Expression of stimulated by retinoic acid gene 8 (Stra8) in spermatogenic cells induced by retinoic acid: an in vivo study in vitamin A-sufficient postnatal murine testes. Biol Reprod. 2008;79:35-42 pubmed publisher..Retinoic acid also increased the number of preleptotene spermatocytes exhibiting 5-bromo-2-deoxyuridine incorporation, indicating a more synchronized premeiotic DNA replication. ..
- Li J, Belogortseva N, Porter D, Park M. Chmp1A functions as a novel tumor suppressor gene in human embryonic kidney and ductal pancreatic tumor cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2886-93 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicates that Chmp1A is a novel tumor suppressor, especially in pancreas and that Chmp1A regulates tumor growth potentially through p53 signaling pathway...
- Taleb M, Brandon C, Lee F, Harris K, Dillmann W, Cunningham L. Hsp70 inhibits aminoglycoside-induced hearing loss and cochlear hair cell death. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2009;14:427-37 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Hsp70 is protective against aminoglycoside-induced ototoxicity in vivo. ..
- Liu Y, Malureanu L, Jeganathan K, Tran D, Lindquist L, van Deursen J, et al. CAML loss causes anaphase failure and chromosome missegregation. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:940-9 pubmed..Thus, our data identify CAML as a novel chromosomal instability gene and suggest that CAML protein acts as a key regulator of mitotic spindle function and a modulator of SAC maintenance. ..
- Davis M. The first targeted delivery of siRNA in humans via a self-assembling, cyclodextrin polymer-based nanoparticle: from concept to clinic. Mol Pharm. 2009;6:659-68 pubmed publisher..The four component formulation is self-assembled into nanoparticles in the pharmacy and administered intravenously (iv) to patients. The designed features of this experimental therapeutic are described, and their functions illustrated. ..
- Harris Johnson K, Domyan E, Vezina C, Sun X. beta-Catenin promotes respiratory progenitor identity in mouse foregut. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16287-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an early role for beta-Catenin in the establishment of respiratory progenitors in mouse foregut endoderm. ..
- Eroglu A, Hruszkewycz D, Curley R, Harrison E. The eccentric cleavage product of ?-carotene, ?-apo-13-carotenone, functions as an antagonist of RXR?. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;504:11-6 pubmed publisher..Molecular modeling studies revealed that ?-apo-13-carotenone makes molecular interactions like an antagonist of RXR?. The results suggest a possible function of BACs on RXR? signaling. ..
- Lu H, Huang D, Ransohoff R, Zhou L. Acute skeletal muscle injury: CCL2 expression by both monocytes and injured muscle is required for repair. FASEB J. 2011;25:3344-55 pubmed publisher..CCL2/CCR2 signaling also up-regulates IGF-1 expression by intramuscular macrophages to promote acute skeletal muscle injury repair...
- Seachrist D, Johnson E, Magee C, Clay C, Graham J, Veeramachaneni D, et al. Overexpression of follistatin in the mouse epididymis disrupts fluid resorption and sperm transit in testicular excurrent ducts. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:41 pubmed publisher..These results also suggest that selective inhibitors of activin signaling may provide a useful approach for the development of male contraceptives without compromising androgen synthesis and actions. ..
- Dincman T, Beare J, Ohri S, Whittemore S. Isolation of cortical mouse oligodendrocyte precursor cells. J Neurosci Methods. 2012;209:219-26 pubmed publisher..This method allows for the study of primary mouse cortical OPC survival, maturation, and function without relying on oligosphere formation or the need for extensive passaging. ..
- Lesniewski L, Zigler M, Durrant J, Nowlan M, Folian B, Donato A, et al. Aging compounds western diet-associated large artery endothelial dysfunction in mice: prevention by voluntary aerobic exercise. Exp Gerontol. 2013;48:1218-25 pubmed publisher..These findings may have important implications for arterial aging and the prevention of age-associated cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Zavadzkas J, Stroud R, Bouges S, Mukherjee R, Jones J, Patel R, et al. Targeted overexpression of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-4 modifies post-myocardial infarction remodeling in mice. Circ Res. 2014;114:1435-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, localized induction of endogenous matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors, such as TIMP-4, holds promise as a means to interrupt the progression of post-MI remodeling. ..
- Yang L, Gilbert M, Zheng R, McKnight G. Selective expression of a dominant-negative type I? PKA regulatory subunit in striatal medium spiny neurons impairs gene expression and leads to reduced feeding and locomotor activity. J Neurosci. 2014;34:4896-904 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a critical role for cytoplasmic RI-PKA holoenzyme in gene regulation and the overall physiological function of MSNs. ..
- Szender J, Emmons T, Belliotti S, Dickson D, Khan A, Morrell K, et al. Impact of ascites volume on clinical outcomes in ovarian cancer: A cohort study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:491-497 pubmed publisher..If these findings are confirmed in independent studies, consideration should be made to add the presence of large volume ascites at diagnosis to the staging criteria for ovarian cancer. ..
- Haque S, Khan I, Haque A, Kasper L. Impairment of the cellular immune response in acute murine toxoplasmosis: regulation of interleukin 2 production and macrophage-mediated inhibitory effects. Infect Immun. 1994;62:2908-16 pubmed..Further, there is a reduction in the production of IL-2 and an increase in IL-10, which appear to mediate, in part, the observed downregulation of immunity to T. gondii. ..
- Hong K, Chu A, Ludviksson B, Berg E, Ehrhardt R. IL-12, independently of IFN-gamma, plays a crucial role in the pathogenesis of a murine psoriasis-like skin disorder. J Immunol. 1999;162:7480-91 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest that IL-12, independently of IFN-gamma, is able to induce pathogenic, inflammatory T cells that are able to induce psoriasiform lesions in mice. ..
- Shao H, Andres D. A novel RalGEF-like protein, RGL3, as a candidate effector for rit and Ras. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26914-24 pubmed..These data suggest that RGL3 functions as an exchange factor for Ral and may serve as a downstream effector for both Rit and Ras. ..
- Phippen T, Sweigart A, Moniwa M, Krumm A, Davie J, Parkhurst S. Drosophila C-terminal binding protein functions as a context-dependent transcriptional co-factor and interferes with both mad and groucho transcriptional repression. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:37628-37 pubmed..Hairy defines a new class of proteins that requires both CtBP and Groucho co-factors for proper function. ..
- Hannigan M, Zhan L, Ai Y, Kotlyarov A, Gaestel M, Huang C. Abnormal migration phenotype of mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2-/- neutrophils in Zigmond chambers containing formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine gradients. J Immunol. 2001;167:3953-61 pubmed..These results suggest that MK2 plays an important role in the regulation of neutrophil migration and may also affect other signaling molecules. ..
- Hutton M, Lewis J, Dickson D, Yen S, McGowan E. Analysis of tauopathies with transgenic mice. Trends Mol Med. 2001;7:467-70 pubmed..Recent progress in the development of transgenic mouse models of human tauopathy is allowing these questions to be addressed. ..
- Hejtmancik M, Ryan M, Toft J, Persing R, Kurtz P, Chhabra R. Hematological effects in F344 rats and B6C3F1 mice during the 13-week gavage toxicity study of methylene blue trihydrate. Toxicol Sci. 2002;65:126-34 pubmed..These gross and microscopic findings are consistent with the development of hemolytic anemia. A dose-related increase in the reticulocyte count during study weeks 6 and 13 suggested a compensatory response to anemia...
- Freshour J, Chase S, Vikstrom K. Gender differences in cardiac ACE expression are normalized in androgen-deprived male mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;283:H1997-2003 pubmed..The antithetical changes in ventricular ACE abundance seen in agonadal male and female mice suggest that testosterone as well as estrogen may play a role in regulating ACE expression in the heart. ..
- Denkinger C, Denkinger M, Kort J, Metz C, Forsthuber T. In vivo blockade of macrophage migration inhibitory factor ameliorates acute experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by impairing the homing of encephalitogenic T cells to the central nervous system. J Immunol. 2003;170:1274-82 pubmed..Taken together, the results demonstrate an important role for MIF in the pathogenesis of EAE/multiple sclerosis and suggest that MIF blockade may be a promising new strategy for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. ..
- Row B, Kheirandish L, Li R, Guo S, Brittian K, Hardy M, et al. Platelet-activating factor receptor-deficient mice are protected from experimental sleep apnea-induced learning deficits. J Neurochem. 2004;89:189-96 pubmed..Collectively, these findings indicate that inflammatory signaling and neurobehavioral impairments induced by IH are mediated through PAF receptors. ..
- Armbrust L, Mosier D, Nelson E, Hart M, Chapes S. Correlation of results of pulmonary computed tomography and pathologic findings in mice with Pasteurella-induced pneumonia. Am J Vet Res. 2005;66:835-8 pubmed..To determine correlation between results of computed tomography (CT) versus pathologic examination for determining the volume percentage of affected lung in mice experimentally infected with Pasteurella pneumotropica...
- Jamieson J, Tumbarello D, Halle M, Brown M, Tremblay M, Turner C. Paxillin is essential for PTP-PEST-dependent regulation of cell spreading and motility: a role for paxillin kinase linker. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5835-47 pubmed..These data provide mechanistic insight into how the paxillin-PTP-PEST interaction contributes to integrin signaling events associated with the spatiotemporal regulation of key modulators of the cytoskeleton and cell motility machinery. ..
- Jhaveri K, Toth L, Sekino Y, Ramkumar V. Nitric oxide serves as an endogenous regulator of neuronal adenosine A1 receptor expression. J Neurochem. 2006;99:42-53 pubmed..We conclude that NO, via the activation of NF-kappaB, serves as an endogenous regulator of A1AR, and speculate that the induction of the A1AR could counteract the cytotoxicity of NO. ..
- Misra R, Russell J, Koenig A, Hinshaw Makepeace J, Wen R, Wang D, et al. Caspase-8 and c-FLIPL associate in lipid rafts with NF-kappaB adaptors during T cell activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19365-74 pubmed..The current findings define a link among TCR, caspases, and the NF-kappaB pathway that occurs in a sequestered lipid raft environment in T cells. ..
- Falin R, Cotton C. Acute downregulation of ENaC by EGF involves the PY motif and putative ERK phosphorylation site. J Gen Physiol. 2007;130:313-28 pubmed..Our results are consistent with an ERK-mediated decrease in ENaC open probability and enhanced retrieval of sodium channels from the apical membrane. ..
- Ye B, Balijepalli R, Foell J, Kroboth S, Ye Q, Luo Y, et al. Caveolin-3 associates with and affects the function of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 4. Biochemistry. 2008;47:12312-8 pubmed..We conclude that HCN4 associates with Cav3 to form a HCN4 macromolecular complex. Our results indicated that disruption of caveolae using P104L alters HCN4 function and could cause a reduction of cardiac pacemaker activity. ..
- Chen S, Raval A, Johnson A, Hertlein E, Liu T, Jin V, et al. Epigenetic changes during disease progression in a murine model of human chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13433-8 pubmed publisher..These results provide strong rationale for the development of strategies to target NF-kappaB components in CLL and potentially other B-cell malignancies. ..
- Stevens S, Terentyev D, Kalyanasundaram A, Periasamy M, Gy rke S. Intra-sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ oscillations are driven by dynamic regulation of ryanodine receptor function by luminal Ca2+ in cardiomyocytes. J Physiol. 2009;587:4863-72 pubmed publisher..Deactivation at reduced [Ca(2+)]SR appears to involve reduction of sensitivity to cytosolic Ca(2+) and might be mediated by CASQ2. Inactivation by cytosolic Ca(2+) plays no detectable role in controlling SR Ca(2+) release...
- Desta T, Li J, Chino T, Graves D. Altered fibroblast proliferation and apoptosis in diabetic gingival wounds. J Dent Res. 2010;89:609-14 pubmed publisher..05). The results suggest that diabetes may decrease fibroblast numbers through increased apoptosis and reduced proliferation, both of which may be mediated through increased activation of FOXO1. ..
- Haenchen S, Utter J, Bayless A, Dobrowsky R, Davido D. Role of a cdk5-associated protein, p35, in herpes simplex virus type 1 replication in vivo. J Neurovirol. 2010;16:405-9 pubmed publisher..The current results indicate that p35 is an important determinant of viral replication in vivo. ..
- Wu L, Sonner P, Titus D, Wiesner E, Alvarez F, Ziskind Conhaim L. Properties of a distinct subpopulation of GABAergic commissural interneurons that are part of the locomotor circuitry in the neonatal spinal cord. J Neurosci. 2011;31:4821-33 pubmed publisher..Based on their axonal projections and activity pattern, we propose that this population of GABAergic INs forms a class of local commissural inhibitory interneurons that are integral component of the locomotor circuitry. ..
- Balazs A, Chen J, Hong C, Rao D, Yang L, Baltimore D. Antibody-based protection against HIV infection by vectored immunoprophylaxis. Nature. 2011;481:81-4 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that successful translation of this approach to humans may produce effective prophylaxis against HIV...
- López Pérez F, Liang Y, Besch Williford C, Mafuvadze B, Hyder S. Differential expression of FGF family members in a progestin-dependent BT-474 human breast cancer xenograft model. Histol Histopathol. 2012;27:337-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, since FGF-4 levels increased during P-treatment, FGF-4 may be required for tumor growth and maintenance and might therefore be a potential therapeutic target through which to suppress P-dependent tumor growth. ..
- Parker M, Xu P, Li X, Vander Kooi C. Structural basis for selective vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) binding to neuropilin-1. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11082-9 pubmed publisher..The results reveal the basis for the potent and selective binding of VEGF-A(164) to Nrp1. ..
- Houppert A, Kwiatkowski E, Glass E, Debord K, Merritt P, Schneewind O, et al. Identification of chromosomal genes in Yersinia pestis that influence type III secretion and delivery of Yops into target cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34039 pubmed publisher..Together these results demonstrate the importance of Y. pestis chromosomal genes in the proper function of type III secretion and in the pathogenesis of plague. ..
- Zhang P, Guo A, Possemato A, Wang C, Beard L, Carlin C, et al. Identification and functional characterization of p130Cas as a substrate of protein tyrosine phosphatase nonreceptor 14. Oncogene. 2013;32:2087-95 pubmed publisher..In aggregate, our studies reveal a novel signaling pathway that has an important role in colorectal tumorigenesis. ..
- Chen Z, Jalabi W, Shpargel K, Farabaugh K, Dutta R, Yin X, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-induced microglial activation and neuroprotection against experimental brain injury is independent of hematogenous TLR4. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11706-15 pubmed publisher..The therapeutic significance of these findings rests not only in identifying neuroprotective functions of microglia, but also in establishing the CNS location of TLR4 activation...
- Zhong X, Li H, Chang Q. MeCP2 phosphorylation is required for modulating synaptic scaling through mGluR5. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12841-7 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an important function of MeCP2 in regulating neuronal homeostasis and may eventually help us understand how MECP2 mutations cause RTT. ..
- Chiu Y, Lee J, Cantley L. BRD7, a tumor suppressor, interacts with p85? and regulates PI3K activity. Mol Cell. 2014;54:193-202 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that BRD7 and p110 compete for the interaction to p85. The unbound p110 protein is unstable, leading to the attenuation of PI3K activity, which suggests how BRD7 could function as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Thornbrough J, Jha B, Yount B, Goldstein S, Li Y, Elliott R, et al. Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus NS4b Protein Inhibits Host RNase L Activation. MBio. 2016;7:e00258 pubmed publisher..Our report may offer a potential target for therapeutic intervention if NS4b proves to be critical to pathogenesis inin vivomodels of MERS-CoV infection. ..
- Uemura H, Mizokami A, Chang C. Identification of a new enhancer in the promoter region of human TR3 orphan receptor gene. A member of steroid receptor superfamily. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5427-33 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that NCAE-TR3 could be a new enhancer element associated with the transcription of an early response gene for mitogenesis and apoptosis. ..
- Kamanna V, Pai R, Bassa B, Kirschenbaum M. Activation of mesangial cells with TNF-alpha stimulates M-CSF gene expression and monocyte proliferation: evidence for involvement of protein kinase C and protein tyrosine kinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1313:161-72 pubmed..These cellular events appeared to be modulated by signal transduction pathways mediated by PKC and PTK. ..
- Szot P, Weinshenker D, White S, Robbins C, Rust N, Schwartzkroin P, et al. Norepinephrine-deficient mice have increased susceptibility to seizure-inducing stimuli. J Neurosci. 1999;19:10985-92 pubmed
- Xu L, Corcoran R, Welsh J, Pennica D, Levine A. WISP-1 is a Wnt-1- and beta-catenin-responsive oncogene. Genes Dev. 2000;14:585-95 pubmed..Although these cells did not acquire anchorage-independent growth in soft agar, they readily formed tumors in nude mice, suggesting that appropriate cellular attachment is important for signaling oncogenic events downstream of WISP-1. ..
- Miura M, Fu X, Zhang Q, Remick D, Fairchild R. Neutralization of Gro alpha and macrophage inflammatory protein-2 attenuates renal ischemia/reperfusion injury. Am J Pathol. 2001;159:2137-45 pubmed..Collectively, the results indicate the efficacy of neutralizing the chemokines directing neutrophils into ischemic kidneys during reperfusion to inhibit this infiltration and attenuate the resulting pathology. ..
- Schwartz S, Kent W, Smit A, Zhang Z, Baertsch R, Hardison R, et al. Human-mouse alignments with BLASTZ. Genome Res. 2003;13:103-7 pubmed..This work describes BLASTZ, its modifications, the hardware environment on which we run it, and several empirical studies to validate its results. ..
- Wiens G, Brown M, Rittenberg M. Repertoire shift in the humoral response to phosphocholine-keyhole limpet hemocyanin: VH somatic mutation in germinal center B cells impairs T15 Ig function. J Immunol. 2003;170:5095-102 pubmed..The failure of T15 to gain affinity enhancing mutations in the face of these detrimental changes may contribute to repertoire shift. ..
- Honda T, Favaloro F, Janosik T, Honda Y, Suh N, Sporn M, et al. Efficient synthesis of (-)- and (+)-tricyclic compounds with enone functionalities in rings A and C. A novel class of orally active anti-inflammatory and cancer chemopreventive agents. Org Biomol Chem. 2003;1:4384-91 pubmed..In contrast, (-)-3 inhibits proliferation of MCF-7 breast cancer cells, whereas (+)-3 does not...
- Lee J, Chan K, Kan Y, Johnson J. Targeted disruption of Nrf2 causes regenerative immune-mediated hemolytic anemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:9751-6 pubmed
- Tran D, Edgar C, Heckman K, Sutor S, Huntoon C, van Deursen J, et al. CAML is a p56Lck-interacting protein that is required for thymocyte development. Immunity. 2005;23:139-52 pubmed..Our data establish a novel role for CAML as an essential mediator of T cell survival during thymopoiesis and indicate that its loss deregulates p56Lck signaling. ..
- Cole M, Chaiswing L, Oberley T, Edelmann S, Piascik M, Lin S, et al. The protective roles of nitric oxide and superoxide dismutase in adriamycin-induced cardiotoxicity. Cardiovasc Res. 2006;69:186-97 pubmed..These findings suggest that reduction of *NO levels mediated by ADR treatment leads to increased cardiac mitochondrial injury that can be attenuated by a compensatory increase in MnSOD. ..
- D Orazio S, Shaw C, Starnbach M. H2-M3-restricted CD8+ T cells are not required for MHC class Ib-restricted immunity against Listeria monocytogenes. J Exp Med. 2006;203:383-91 pubmed..These data suggest that M3-restricted T cells are not required for protection against L. monocytogenes and underscore the importance of searching for new antigen-presenting molecules among the large MHC-Ib family of proteins. ..