Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lentivirus in United States
Locale: United States
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Jayakumar D, Marathe D, Neelamegham S. Detection of site-specific glycosylation in proteins using flow cytometry. Cytometry A. 2009;75:866-73 pubmed publisher..Overall, such an approach that combines recombinant protein expression with flow cytometry may be useful to quantify changes in site-specific glycosylation for basic science and clinical applications. ..
- Herzog R, Cao O, Srivastava A. Two decades of clinical gene therapy--success is finally mounting. Discov Med. 2010;9:105-11 pubmed..While immune responses and insertional mutagenesis pose obstacles for this novel form of molecular medicine, continuous progress suggests that a wider range of diseases can be treated with gene therapy in the future. ..
- Klimatcheva E, Planelles V, Day S, Fulreader F, Renda M, Rosenblatt J. Defective lentiviral vectors are efficiently trafficked by HIV-1 and inhibit its replication. Mol Ther. 2001;3:928-39 pubmed..This vector was less efficiently trafficked by HIV-1 and, despite the presence of an anti-HIV-1 gene, RevM10, was less efficient at inhibiting HIV-1 replication when introduced into a target T-cell population. ..
- Zielske S, Reese J, Lingas K, Donze J, Gerson S. In vivo selection of MGMT(P140K) lentivirus-transduced human NOD/SCID repopulating cells without pretransplant irradiation conditioning. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:1561-70 pubmed..To our knowledge, these results provide the first evidence of potent in vivo selection of MGMT(P140K) lentivirus-transduced human SRCs following BG/BCNU treatment. ..
- Fu Y, Luo L, Luo N, Zhu X, Garvey W. NR4A orphan nuclear receptors modulate insulin action and the glucose transport system: potential role in insulin resistance. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31525-33 pubmed..Thus, NR4A3 and NR4A1 are attractive novel therapeutic targets for potential amelioration of insulin resistance, and treatment and prevention of type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Callahan S, Wonganan P, Obenauer Kutner L, Sutjipto S, Dekker J, Croyle M. Controlled inactivation of recombinant viruses with vitamin B2. J Virol Methods. 2008;148:132-45 pubmed..Virus exposed to 8-MOP was inactivated in 90 min. DNA and RNA viruses can be inactivated by riboflavin and LWUVI and used in physiological systems sensitive to other photochemicals. ..
- Verrier J, Madorsky I, Coggin W, Geesey M, Hochman M, Walling E, et al. Bicistronic lentiviruses containing a viral 2A cleavage sequence reliably co-express two proteins and restore vision to an animal model of LCA1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20553 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the potential of this vector design to serve as a platform for the development of combination therapies designed to enhance or prolong the benefits of corrective gene therapies. ..
- Liu Y, Bridges R, Wortham A, Kulesz Martin M. NF-?B repression by PIAS3 mediated RelA SUMOylation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37636 pubmed publisher..These results support a novel negative feedback mechanism for NF-?B regulation by PIAS3-mediated RelA SUMOylation. ..
- Diaz R, Bateman A, Emiliusen L, Fielding A, Trono D, Russell S, et al. A lentiviral vector expressing a fusogenic glycoprotein for cancer gene therapy. Gene Ther. 2000;7:1656-63 pubmed
- Gurova K, Hill J, Razorenova O, Chumakov P, Gudkov A. p53 pathway in renal cell carcinoma is repressed by a dominant mechanism. Cancer Res. 2004;64:1951-8 pubmed..Remarkably, cells of normal kidney epithelium also caused partial p53 repression in cell fusion experiments, suggesting that RCC-specific p53 repression may be based on an unknown dominant mechanism also acting in normal kidney tissue. ..
- Wilber A, Tschulena U, Hargrove P, Kim Y, Persons D, Barbas C, et al. A zinc-finger transcriptional activator designed to interact with the gamma-globin gene promoters enhances fetal hemoglobin production in primary human adult erythroblasts. Blood. 2010;115:3033-41 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate the potential for sequence-specific enhancement of HbF in patients with beta-thalassemia or sickle cell anemia. ..
- White S, Mousel M, Herrmann Hoesing L, Reynolds J, Leymaster K, Neibergs H, et al. Genome-wide association identifies multiple genomic regions associated with susceptibility to and control of ovine lentivirus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47829 pubmed publisher..A recent study identified TMEM154 variants in OvLV susceptibility. The objective here was to identify additional loci associated with odds and/or control of OvLV infection...
- Kapoor A, Sekar R, Hansen N, Fox Talbot K, Morley M, Pihur V, et al. An enhancer polymorphism at the cardiomyocyte intercalated disc protein NOS1AP locus is a major regulator of the QT interval. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:854-69 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that focused studies of proteins within the cardiomyocyte ID are likely to provide insights into QT prolongation and its associated disorders. ..
- Kimura E, Li S, Gregorevic P, Fall B, Chamberlain J. Dystrophin delivery to muscles of mdx mice using lentiviral vectors leads to myogenic progenitor targeting and stable gene expression. Mol Ther. 2010;18:206-13 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that integrating lentiviral vectors have potential utility for gene therapy of muscular dystrophy. ..
- Beyer I, Li Z, Persson J, Liu Y, van Rensburg R, Yumul R, et al. Controlled extracellular matrix degradation in breast cancer tumors improves therapy by trastuzumab. Mol Ther. 2011;19:479-89 pubmed publisher..Our results have implications for antibody therapy of cancer as well as for other anticancer treatment approaches that are based on T-cells or encapsulated chemotherapy drugs. ..
- El Amouri S, Zhu H, Yu J, Marr R, Verma I, Kindy M. Neprilysin: an enzyme candidate to slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:1342-54 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that restoring NEP levels in the brain at the early stages of AD is an effective strategy to prevent or attenuate disease progression. ..
- Han S, Chang L. Immunity of lentiviral vector-modified dendritic cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;542:245-59 pubmed publisher..Examples oflentiviral vectors encoding immune-modulatory genes and useful functional assays for the analysis of effector immune cell response are described in this chapter. ..
- Xia X, Zhang Y, Zieth C, Zhang S. Transgenes delivered by lentiviral vector are suppressed in human embryonic stem cells in a promoter-dependent manner. Stem Cells Dev. 2007;16:167-76 pubmed..Cautions should be taken to choose the optimal promoter when lentiviruses are used for genetic modification of human ES cells. ..
- Semple Rowland S, Coggin W, Geesey M, Eccles K, Abraham L, Pachigar K, et al. Expression characteristics of dual-promoter lentiviral vectors targeting retinal photoreceptors and Müller cells. Mol Vis. 2010;16:916-34 pubmed..These vectors should be useful in studies of retina when co-delivery of a reporter protein with an experimental protein is desired or when expression of two exogenous proteins in targeted cells is required. ..
- Reu F, Leaman D, Maitra R, Bae S, Cherkassky L, Fox M, et al. Expression of RASSF1A, an epigenetically silenced tumor suppressor, overcomes resistance to apoptosis induction by interferons. Cancer Res. 2006;66:2785-93 pubmed..Results identified RASSF1A as regulated by IFNs and participating in IFN-induced apoptosis at least in part by sensitization to TRAIL. ..
- Hong S, Hwang D, Yoon S, Isacson O, Ramezani A, Hawley R, et al. Functional analysis of various promoters in lentiviral vectors at different stages of in vitro differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1630-9 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that different cellular and viral promoters exhibit very distinct and dynamic properties not only in terms of promoter strength but also with respect to differentiation stage-specific activity. ..
- Lian X, Zhang J, Azarin S, Zhu K, Hazeltine L, Bao X, et al. Directed cardiomyocyte differentiation from human pluripotent stem cells by modulating Wnt/?-catenin signaling under fully defined conditions. Nat Protoc. 2013;8:162-75 pubmed publisher..Functional human cardiomyocytes differentiated via these protocols may constitute a potential cell source for heart disease modeling, drug screening and cell-based therapeutic applications. ..
- Cheng J, Uchida M, Zhang W, Grafe M, Herson P, Hurn P. Role of salt-induced kinase 1 in androgen neuroprotection against cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011;31:339-50 pubmed publisher..Our finding suggests that SIK1 contributes to neuroprotection by androgens within physiological ranges by inhibiting histone deacetylation. ..
- Malur A, Huizar I, Wells G, Barna B, Malur A, Thomassen M. Lentivirus-ABCG1 instillation reduces lipid accumulation and improves lung compliance in GM-CSF knock-out mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:288-93 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that the ABCG1 lipid transporter is the key downstream target of GM-CSF-induced PPAR? necessary for surfactant catabolism...
- Abdellatif A, Pelt J, Benton R, Howard R, Tsoulfas P, Ping P, et al. Gene delivery to the spinal cord: comparison between lentiviral, adenoviral, and retroviral vector delivery systems. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:553-67 pubmed..Retroviral ex vivo delivery is optional when transient expression within targeted spinal tissue is desired, with adenoviral vectors in between. ..
- Gouze E, Gouze J, Palmer G, Pilapil C, Evans C, Ghivizzani S. Transgene persistence and cell turnover in the diarthrodial joint: implications for gene therapy of chronic joint diseases. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1114-20 pubmed..This study sheds new light on the cellular dynamics of articular tissues and suggests that cell turnover and immune reactivity are the key determinants in achieving sustained transgenic expression intra-articularly. ..
- Ren G, Li T, Lan J, Wilz A, Simon R, Boison D. Lentiviral RNAi-induced downregulation of adenosine kinase in human mesenchymal stem cell grafts: a novel perspective for seizure control. Exp Neurol. 2007;208:26-37 pubmed
- Hicks A, Potula R, Sui Y, Villinger F, Pinson D, Adany I, et al. Neuropathogenesis of lentiviral infection in macaques: roles of CXCR4 and CCR5 viruses and interleukin-4 in enhancing monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 production in macrophages. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:813-22 pubmed..However, the latter effect was restricted to macrophages infected with X4 viruses. IL-4 may therefore be a basic requirement for X4 viruses to cause central nervous system disease. ..
- O Rourke J, Hiraragi H, Urban K, Patel M, Olsen J, Bunnell B. Analysis of gene transfer and expression in skeletal muscle using enhanced EIAV lentivirus vectors. Mol Ther. 2003;7:632-9 pubmed
- Saenz D, Loewen N, Peretz M, Whitwam T, Barraza R, Howell K, et al. Unintegrated lentivirus DNA persistence and accessibility to expression in nondividing cells: analysis with class I integrase mutants. J Virol. 2004;78:2906-20 pubmed
- Huentelman M, Grobe J, Vazquez J, Stewart J, Mecca A, Katovich M, et al. Protection from angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis by systemic lentiviral delivery of ACE2 in rats. Exp Physiol. 2005;90:783-90 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that ACE2 overexpression results in protective effects on angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis. ..
- Wilber A, Hargrove P, Kim Y, Riberdy J, Sankaran V, Papanikolaou E, et al. Therapeutic levels of fetal hemoglobin in erythroid progeny of ?-thalassemic CD34+ cells after lentiviral vector-mediated gene transfer. Blood. 2011;117:2817-26 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that both lentiviral-mediated ?-globin gene addition and genetic reactivation of endogenous ?-globin genes have potential to provide therapeutic HbF levels to patients with ?-globin deficiency. ..
- Persson J, Beyer I, Yumul R, Li Z, Kiem H, Roffler S, et al. Immuno-therapy with anti-CTLA4 antibodies in tolerized and non-tolerized mouse tumor models. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22303 pubmed publisher..The differences in outcomes between the tolerized and non-tolerized models also provide a potential explanation for the low efficacy of CTLA4 blockage approaches in cancer immunotherapy trials. ..
- Siciliano V, Garzilli I, Fracassi C, Criscuolo S, Ventre S, di Bernardo D. MiRNAs confer phenotypic robustness to gene networks by suppressing biological noise. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2364 pubmed publisher..When absent, a dramatic increase in protein noise level occurs, causing the cell to randomly switch between the two states. ..
- Liu W, Jin G, Long C, Zhou X, Tang Y, Huang S, et al. Blockage of Notch signaling inhibits the migration and proliferation of retinal pigment epithelial cells. ScientificWorldJournal. 2013;2013:178708 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a critical role of Notch signaling in RPE cells, suggesting that targeting Notch signaling may provide a novel approach for the treatment of ophthalmic diseases related to RPE cells. ..
- Kyrkanides S, Miller J, Brouxhon S, Olschowka J, Federoff H. beta-hexosaminidase lentiviral vectors: transfer into the CNS via systemic administration. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;133:286-98 pubmed..In conclusion, these results demonstrate the effective transfer of a beta-hexosaminidase lentiviral vector to the brain of Sandhoff mice and resolution of the GM2 gangliosidosis after neonatal intraperitoneal administration. ..
- Kyrkanides S, Miller J, Tallents R, Brouxhon S, Centola G, Olschowka J. Intraperitoneal inoculation of Sandhoff mouse neonates with an HIV-1 based lentiviral vector exacerbates the attendant neuroinflammation and disease phenotype. J Neuroimmunol. 2007;188:39-47 pubmed..We observed an increase and acceleration in the presence of MHC-II and CD45+ cells in their brains, along with neuroinflammation, but not in control heterozygous or wild type littermates that also received the same treatment. ..
- Patel E, Chang L. Synergistic effects of interleukin-7 and pre-T cell receptor signaling in human T cell development. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33826-35 pubmed..The close association of IL-7R? with CD3? in the pre-TCR complex was illustrated through live imaging confocal fluorescence microscopy. These results demonstrate a direct and cooperative role of IL-7 in pre-TCR signaling. ..
- Diamond T, Roshal M, Jamburuthugoda V, Reynolds H, Merriam A, Lee K, et al. Macrophage tropism of HIV-1 depends on efficient cellular dNTP utilization by reverse transcriptase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51545-53 pubmed
- Li M, Rossi J. Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2005;309:261-72 pubmed
- Wang C, Yuan X, Yang S. IFT80 is essential for chondrocyte differentiation by regulating Hedgehog and Wnt signaling pathways. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:623-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrate that IFT80 is essential for chondrocyte differentiation by regulating the Hh and Wnt signaling pathways. ..
- Ebert A, McMillan E, Svendsen C. Isolating, expanding, and infecting human and rodent fetal neural progenitor cells. Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol. 2008;Chapter 2:Unit 2D.2 pubmed publisher..Detailed protocols for cryopreservation, neural differentiation, exogenous gene expression using lentivirus, and transplantation into the rodent nervous system are also described. ..
- Yang J, Wahdan Alaswad R, Danielpour D. Critical role of Smad2 in tumor suppression and transforming growth factor-beta-induced apoptosis of prostate epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2185-90 pubmed publisher..Given previous reports that NRP-152 cells have a stem cell phenotype, we speculate a critical role for Smad2 as a tumor suppressor in the basal epithelial or stem cell compartment of the prostate. ..
- Walker A, Su H, Conti M, Harb N, Adelstein R, Sato N. Non-muscle myosin II regulates survival threshold of pluripotent stem cells. Nat Commun. 2010;1:71 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the importance of the molecular motor, NMII, as a novel target for chemically engineering the survival and self-renewal of hPS cells. ..
- Zhong B, Watts K, Gori J, Wohlfahrt M, Enssle J, Adair J, et al. Safeguarding nonhuman primate iPS cells with suicide genes. Mol Ther. 2011;19:1667-75 pubmed publisher..This study will be useful to evaluate the safety of iPS cell technology in a clinically highly relevant, large animal model and further benefit the clinical use of human iPS cells. ..
- Yamazato M, Ferreira A, Yamazato Y, Diez Freire C, Yuan L, Gillies R, et al. Gene transfer of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 in the nucleus tractus solitarius improves baroreceptor heart rate reflex in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2011;12:456-61 pubmed publisher..27 ± 0.02 ms/mmHg in lenti-GFP rats vs. 0.44 ± 0.07 ms/mmHg in lenti-ACE2 rats). These observations demonstrate that ACE2 gene transfer overcomes its intrinsic decrease in the NTS of SHRs and improves baroreceptor heart rate reflex. ..
- Dann C. Transgenic modification of spermatogonial stem cells using lentiviral vectors. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;927:503-18 pubmed..However, VSV-G pseudotyped lentivirus efficiently infects cultured SSCs with minimal toxicity. Here we present protocols for producing lentivirus and stably modifying the genome of cultured SSCs using lentiviral vectors. ..
- White S, Renda M, Nam N, Klimatcheva E, Zhu Y, Fisk J, et al. Lentivirus vectors using human and simian immunodeficiency virus elements. J Virol. 1999;73:2832-40 pubmed..We demonstrate that the lentivirus vector described here recapitulates the biological properties of HIV-1-derived vectors, although with increased potential for safety in humans. ..
- Shin K, Wall E, Zavzavadjian J, Santat L, Liu J, Hwang J, et al. A single lentiviral vector platform for microRNA-based conditional RNA interference and coordinated transgene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13759-64 pubmed
- Semple Rowland S, Eccles K, Humberstone E. Targeted expression of two proteins in neural retina using self-inactivating, insulated lentiviral vectors carrying two internal independent promoters. Mol Vis. 2007;13:2001-11 pubmed
- Caskey R, Allukian M, Lind R, Herdrich B, Xu J, Radu A, et al. Lentiviral-mediated over-expression of hyaluronan synthase-1 (HAS-1) decreases the cellular inflammatory response and results in regenerative wound repair. Cell Tissue Res. 2013;351:117-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, HAS-1 over-expression promotes dermal regeneration, in part by decreasing the inflammatory response and by recapitulation of fetal extracellular matrix HMW-HA content. ..
- He J, Yang Q, Chang L. Dynamic DNA methylation and histone modifications contribute to lentiviral transgene silencing in murine embryonic carcinoma cells. J Virol. 2005;79:13497-508 pubmed
- Lasiene J, Shupe L, Perlmutter S, Horner P. No evidence for chronic demyelination in spared axons after spinal cord injury in a mouse. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3887-96 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show that lasting demyelination in spared axons is rare and that remyelination of axons of passage occurs in the chronically injured mouse spinal cord. ..
- Ebert A, Barber A, Heins B, Svendsen C. Ex vivo delivery of GDNF maintains motor function and prevents neuronal loss in a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease. Exp Neurol. 2010;224:155-62 pubmed publisher..Our data show that mNPCs(GDNF) can survive transplantation, secrete GDNF for several weeks and are able to maintain motor function in this model of HD. ..
- Jeoung M, Galperin E. Visualizing of signaling proteins on endosomes utilizing knockdown and reconstitution approach. Methods Enzymol. 2014;534:47-63 pubmed publisher..We then show how the lentivirus-mediated KDAR approach is used to reconstitute and visualize expression of the ERK1/2 scaffold protein Shoc2. ..
- Lois C, Hong E, Pease S, Brown E, Baltimore D. Germline transmission and tissue-specific expression of transgenes delivered by lentiviral vectors. Science. 2002;295:868-72 pubmed..We have also generated transgenic rats that express GFP at high levels, suggesting that this technique can be used to produce other transgenic animal species. ..
- Wang B, He J, Liu C, Chang L. An effective cancer vaccine modality: lentiviral modification of dendritic cells expressing multiple cancer-specific antigens. Vaccine. 2006;24:3477-89 pubmed..In vivo elimination of the LV-TAA-DCs by a co-expressed thymidine kinase suicide gene abrogated the therapeutic effect. The modification of DCs with LVs encoding multiple TAAs offers a great opportunity in cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Capowski E, Schneider B, Ebert A, Seehus C, Szulc J, Zufferey R, et al. Lentiviral vector-mediated genetic modification of human neural progenitor cells for ex vivo gene therapy. J Neurosci Methods. 2007;163:338-49 pubmed..The methods presented provide a powerful tool for assessing the impact of factors such as promoter systems or different transgenes on the therapeutic utility of these cells. ..
- Sather B, Ryu B, Stirling B, Garibov M, Kerns H, Humblet Baron S, et al. Development of B-lineage predominant lentiviral vectors for use in genetic therapies for B cell disorders. Mol Ther. 2011;19:515-25 pubmed publisher..CD19 enhancer/promoter. In summary, EµB29 and EµBtkp LV comprise efficient delivery platforms for gene expression in B-lineage cells. ..
- Srivastava R, Tang S, Zhu W, Meeker D, Shankar S. Sulforaphane synergizes with quercetin to inhibit self-renewal capacity of pancreatic cancer stem cells. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2011;3:515-28 pubmed..These data suggest that SFN either alone or in combination with quercetin can eliminate cancer stem cell-characteristics. ..
- Huentelman M, Zubcevic J, Katovich M, Raizada M. Cloning and characterization of a secreted form of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. Regul Pept. 2004;122:61-7 pubmed..Collectively, these results set the stage for the use of these vectors to investigate the consequences of ACE2 over-expression in the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Falcon B, Veerasingham S, Sumners C, Raizada M. Angiotensin II type 2 receptor-mediated gene expression profiling in human coronary artery endothelial cells. Hypertension. 2005;45:692-7 pubmed
- Hayes K, Koksoy S, Phipps A, Buck W, Kociba G, Mathes L. Lentivirus-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses are rapidly lost in thymectomized cats infected with feline immunodeficiency virus. J Virol. 2005;79:8237-42 pubmed..These results emphasize the importance of thymic integrity in maintaining immunity to lentiviruses, but also bring into question the notion that virus load is regulated predominantly by the virus-specific CTL response...
- Wang H, Song K, Krebs T, Yang J, Danielpour D. Smad7 is inactivated through a direct physical interaction with the LIM protein Hic-5/ARA55. Oncogene. 2008;27:6791-805 pubmed publisher..Our findings support that Hic-5 functions as a cell-type-specific activator of TGF-beta signaling through its ability to physically interact with and neutralize Smad7. ..
- Emborg M, Moirano J, Raschke J, Bondarenko V, Zufferey R, Peng S, et al. Response of aged parkinsonian monkeys to in vivo gene transfer of GDNF. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;36:303-11 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the aged primate brain challenged by MPTP administration has the potential to respond to trophic factor delivery and that the degree of neuroprotection depends on GDNF levels...
- Nayak S, Herzog R. Progress and prospects: immune responses to viral vectors. Gene Ther. 2010;17:295-304 pubmed publisher..This review provides a summary of our current knowledge of the interactions between the immune system adeno-associated virus, adenoviral and lentiviral vectors, and their transgene products. ..
- Wang W, Gilligan D, Sun S, Wu X, Reems J. Distinct functional effects for dynamin 3 during megakaryocytopoiesis. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:2139-51 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies demonstrate that DNM3 not only participates in MK progenitor amplification, but is also involved in cytoplasmic enlargement and the formation of the DMS. ..
- Kent S, Hutchinson J, Balboni A, DeCastro A, Cherukuri P, DiRenzo J. ?Np63? promotes cellular quiescence via induction and activation of Notch3. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:3111-8 pubmed
- Cui J, Holmes E. Endogenous lentiviruses in the ferret genome. J Virol. 2012;86:3383-5 pubmed publisher..These data support the notion that lentiviruses have evolved on timescales of millions of years. ..
- Raver R, Panfil A, Hagemeier S, Kenney S. The B-cell-specific transcription factor and master regulator Pax5 promotes Epstein-Barr virus latency by negatively regulating the viral immediate early protein BZLF1. J Virol. 2013;87:8053-63 pubmed publisher..Since the B-cell-specific transcription factor Oct-2 also directly interacts with Z and inhibits its function, these results suggest that EBV uses multiple redundant mechanisms to establish and maintain viral latency in B cells. ..
- Keller K, Vranka J, Haddadin R, Kang M, Oh D, Rhee D, et al. The effects of tenascin C knockdown on trabecular meshwork outflow resistance. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:5613-23 pubmed publisher..The purpose of the current study was to determine the localization of TNC in trabecular meshwork (TM) tissue and to analyze the effects of TNC on intraocular pressure (IOP)...
- Lu C, Wang X, Ha T, Hu Y, Liu L, Zhang X, et al. Attenuation of cardiac dysfunction and remodeling of myocardial infarction by microRNA-130a are mediated by suppression of PTEN and activation of PI3K dependent signaling. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;89:87-97 pubmed publisher..miR-130a plays a critical role in attenuation of cardiac dysfunction and remodeling after MI. The mechanisms involve activation of PI3K/Akt signaling via suppression of PTEN expression. ..
- Donato V, Bonora M, Simoneschi D, Sartini D, Kudo Y, Saraf A, et al. The TDH-GCN5L1-Fbxo15-KBP axis limits mitochondrial biogenesis in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:341-351 pubmed publisher..Thus, KBP proteolysis limits the accumulation of mitochondria in mESCs to preserve their optimal fitness, whereas KBP accumulation promotes mitochondrial biogenesis in differentiating cells. ..
- Sun C, Wu L, Knopick P, Bradley D, Townes T, Terman D. Sickle cells produce functional immune modulators and cytotoxics. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:981-988 pubmed publisher..Coupled with their unique ability to target and occlude hypoxic tumor vessels these armed SSRBCs constitute a potentially useful tool for treatment of solid tumors. ..
- Li Y, Wu J, Feng F, Men C, Yang D, Gao Z, et al. A Preclinical Study of Cell-seeded Tubularized Scaffolds Specially Secreting LL37 for Reconstruction of Long Urethral Defects. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4295-4301 pubmed
- Hotzel I, Cheevers W. Conservation of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120 inner-domain sequences in lentivirus and type A and B retrovirus envelope surface glycoproteins. J Virol. 2001;75:2014-8 pubmed..Thus, the antiparallel beta-strands 5 and 25 of gp120 form an SU surface highly conserved among the lentiviruses and at least partially conserved in the type A and B retroviral envelope glycoproteins...
- Hotzel I, Cheevers W. Host range of small-ruminant lentivirus cytopathic variants determined with a selectable caprine arthritis- encephalitis virus pseudotype system. J Virol. 2001;75:7384-91 pubmed..The results indicate a differential receptor recognition by MVV strains which is unrelated to cytopathic phenotype...
- O Rourke J, Newbound G, Kohn D, Olsen J, Bunnell B. Comparison of gene transfer efficiencies and gene expression levels achieved with equine infectious anemia virus- and human immunodeficiency virus type 1-derived lentivirus vectors. J Virol. 2002;76:1510-5 pubmed..However, our data indicate that transgene expression from EIAV vectors is limited by the instability of vector-derived RNA transcripts and silencing of the EIAV vectors over time...
- Tripp A, Liu Y, Sieburg M, Montalbano J, Wrzesinski S, Feuer G. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 tax oncoprotein suppression of multilineage hematopoiesis of CD34+ cells in vitro. J Virol. 2003;77:12152-64 pubmed
- He J, Chang L. Functional characterization of hepatoma-specific stem cell antigen-2. Mol Carcinog. 2004;40:90-103 pubmed..The technology illustrated that this method can deduce a small number of highly differentially expressed tumor genes that may have diagnostic and therapeutic potential. ..
- Oka M, Meacham A, Hamazaki T, Rodic N, Chang L, Terada N. De novo DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b primarily mediate the cytotoxic effect of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine. Oncogene. 2005;24:3091-9 pubmed..Therefore, Dnmt3-DNA adducts may be more effective for inducing apoptosis than Dnmt1-DNA adducts. These results imply a therapeutic potential of 5-aza-dC to cancers expressing Dnmt3. ..
- Chaudhuri S, Vyas K, Kapasi P, Komar A, Dinman J, Barik S, et al. Human ribosomal protein L13a is dispensable for canonical ribosome function but indispensable for efficient rRNA methylation. RNA. 2007;13:2224-37 pubmed..Thus, L13a may have evolved from an essential ribosomal protein in lower eukaryotes to having a role as a dispensable extra-ribosomal function in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Virk M, Conduah A, Park S, Liu N, Sugiyama O, Cuomo A, et al. Influence of short-term adenoviral vector and prolonged lentiviral vector mediated bone morphogenetic protein-2 expression on the quality of bone repair in a rat femoral defect model. Bone. 2008;42:921-31 pubmed publisher..This observation needs validation in a more biologically challenging environment where differences in healing rates and quality of bone repair are more likely to be significantly different. ..
- Yang L, Yang H, Rideout K, Cho T, Joo K, Ziegler L, et al. Engineered lentivector targeting of dendritic cells for in vivo immunization. Nat Biotechnol. 2008;26:326-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, lentiviral vectors targeting dendritic cells provide a simple method of producing effective immunity and may provide an alternative route for immunization with protein antigens...
- Wang Z, Boisvert E, Zhang X, Guo M, Fashoyin A, Du Z, et al. Fezf2 regulates telencephalic precursor differentiation from mouse embryonic stem cells. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:2177-86 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that Fezf2 controls the specification of telencephalic progenitors from mESCs through differentially regulating the expression of rostrocaudal and dorsoventral patterning genes. ..
- Yoder K, Espeseth A, Wang X, Fang Q, Russo M, Lloyd R, et al. The base excision repair pathway is required for efficient lentivirus integration. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17862 pubmed publisher..Integration activity is restored by addition of recombinant BER protein POLß. Lentiviral infection and integration efficiency appears to depend on the presence of BER proteins. ..
- Gogada R, Amadori M, Zhang H, Jones A, Verone A, Pitarresi J, et al. Curcumin induces Apaf-1-dependent, p21-mediated caspase activation and apoptosis. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:4128-37 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that Apaf-1, Bax, and p21 as novel potential targets for curcumin or curcumin-based anticancer agents. ..
- Kawakami T, Park S, Kaku R, Yang J. Extracellular-regulated-kinase 5-mediated renal protection against ischemia-reperfusion injury. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:603-8 pubmed publisher..The identity of the renal-specific ?80kDa ERK5 remains unknown but a better understanding of the ERK5 expression and post-translational processing in the kidneys may reveal a novel strategy for renal protection. ..