Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on insulin like growth factor ii in Sweden
Topic: insulin like growth factor ii
- Rosendahl A, Forsberg G. Influence of IGF-IR stimulation or blockade on proliferation of human renal cell carcinoma cell lines. Int J Oncol. 2004;25:1327-36 pubmed..In light of this and with the functional data presented in this study, interference with this growth factor system may provide a novel therapeutic approach in renal cancer therapy. ..
- Colón E, Zaman F, Axelson M, Larsson O, Carlsson Skwirut C, Svechnikov K, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I is an important antiapoptotic factor for rat leydig cells during postnatal development. Endocrinology. 2007;148:128-39 pubmed..Inhibition of IGF-IR by picropodophyllin decreases the survival of Leydig cells, both in the presence and absence of IGF-I, demonstrating that signaling via the IGF-IR plays an important role in Leydig cell survival. ..
- Raudsepp T, Otte K, Rozell B, Chowdhary B. FISH mapping of the IGF2 gene in horse and donkey-detection of homoeology with HSA11. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:569-72 pubmed..Comparison of the hitherto known physical locations of IGF2 in different species, viz. human, cattle, sheep, horse, and donkey, shows that this gene tends to maintain a terminal location on the chromosome arm. ..
- Jögi A, Øra I, Nilsson H, Lindeheim A, Makino Y, Poellinger L, et al. Hypoxia alters gene expression in human neuroblastoma cells toward an immature and neural crest-like phenotype. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7021-6 pubmed..Thus, hypoxia apparently causes dedifferentiation both in vitro and in vivo. These findings suggest a novel mechanism for selection of highly malignant tumor cells with stem-cell characteristics...
- Amarger V, Nguyen M, Van Laere A, Braunschweig M, Nezer C, Georges M, et al. Comparative sequence analysis of the INS-IGF2-H19 gene cluster in pigs. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:388-98 pubmed..The high GC and CpG content were more pronounced in the pig than in the two other species. The results will facilitate the further characterization of this important QTL in the pig. ..
- Pant V, Mariano P, Kanduri C, Mattsson A, Lobanenkov V, Heuchel R, et al. The nucleotides responsible for the direct physical contact between the chromatin insulator protein CTCF and the H19 imprinting control region manifest parent of origin-specific long-distance insulation and methylation-free domains. Genes Dev. 2003;17:586-90 pubmed..Because CTCF interacts with other imprinting control regions, it emerges as a central factor responsible for interpreting and propagating gamete-derived epigenetic marks and for organizing epigenetically controlled expression domains. ..
- Van Laere A, Nguyen M, Braunschweig M, Nezer C, Collette C, Moreau L, et al. A regulatory mutation in IGF2 causes a major QTL effect on muscle growth in the pig. Nature. 2003;425:832-6 pubmed..The result supports the long-held view that regulatory mutations are important for controlling phenotypic variation. ..
- Bredin C, Liu Z, Klominek J. Growth factor-enhanced expression and activity of matrix metalloproteases in human non-small cell lung cancer cell lines. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:4877-84 pubmed..Taken together these results indicate that certain growth factors may promote invasiveness through their ability to induce not only cell migration, but also by enhancing the expression and activity of matrix degrading MMP-2 and MMP-9. ..
- Pant V, Kurukuti S, Pugacheva E, Shamsuddin S, Mariano P, Renkawitz R, et al. Mutation of a single CTCF target site within the H19 imprinting control region leads to loss of Igf2 imprinting and complex patterns of de novo methylation upon maternal inheritance. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3497-504 pubmed..Considering many other CTCF targets, we propose that site-specific interactions between various DNA-bound CTCF molecules may provide general focal points in the organization of looped chromatin domains involved in gene regulation. ..
- Yu W, Ginjala V, Pant V, Chernukhin I, Whitehead J, Docquier F, et al. Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation regulates CTCF-dependent chromatin insulation. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1105-10 pubmed..We suggest that poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation imparts chromatin insulator properties to CTCF at both imprinted and nonimprinted loci, which has implications for the regulation of expression domains and their demise in pathological lesions. ..
- Kurukuti S, Tiwari V, Tavoosidana G, Pugacheva E, Murrell A, Zhao Z, et al. CTCF binding at the H19 imprinting control region mediates maternally inherited higher-order chromatin conformation to restrict enhancer access to Igf2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10684-9 pubmed
- Svensson J, Tivesten A, Sjögren K, Isaksson O, Bergstrom G, Mohan S, et al. Liver-derived IGF-I regulates kidney size, sodium reabsorption, and renal IGF-II expression. J Endocrinol. 2007;193:359-66 pubmed..However, the LI-IGF-I(-/-) mice did not develop kidney failure or nephrosclerosis. One may speculate that liver-derived endocrine IGF-I induces renal IGF-II expression, resulting in symmetrical renal growth. ..
- Shao R, Egecioglu E, Weijdegård B, Kopchick J, Fernandez Rodriguez J, Andersson N, et al. Dynamic regulation of estrogen receptor-alpha isoform expression in the mouse fallopian tube: mechanistic insight into estrogen-dependent production and secretion of insulin-like growth factors. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;293:E1430-42 pubmed
- Andersson L. Studying phenotypic evolution in domestic animals: a walk in the footsteps of Charles Darwin. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2009;74:319-25 pubmed publisher..In a recent study, we have identified the IGF2 repressor, and this previously unknown protein, named ZBED6, is specific for placental mammals and derived from a domesticated DNA transposon...
- Bergstrom R, Savary K, Morén A, Guibert S, Heldin C, Ohlsson R, et al. Transforming growth factor beta promotes complexes between Smad proteins and the CCCTC-binding factor on the H19 imprinting control region chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19727-37 pubmed publisher..Because the CTCF-Smad complex is not essential for the chromatin insulator function of the H19 ICR, we propose that it can play a role in chromatin cross-talk organized by the H19 ICR. ..