Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in United States
Locale: United States
Publications4198 found, 100 shown here
- Yamasaki Y, Narain S, Hernandez L, Barker T, Ikeda K, Segal M, et al. Autoantibodies against the replication protein A complex in systemic lupus erythematosus and other autoimmune diseases. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R111 pubmed..4% of SLE and other diseases). Other autoantibodies found in SLE were rare in this subset, suggesting that patients with anti-RPA may form a unique clinical and immunological subset. ..
- Rajamani S, Eckhardt L, Valdivia C, Klemens C, Gillman B, Anderson C, et al. Drug-induced long QT syndrome: hERG K+ channel block and disruption of protein trafficking by fluoxetine and norfluoxetine. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;149:481-9 pubmed..These two effects are not mediated by a single drug binding site. Our findings add complexity to understanding the mechanisms that cause drug-induced long QT syndrome. ..
- He D, Falany C. Inhibition of SULT2B1b expression alters effects of 3beta-hydroxysteroids on cell proliferation and steroid hormone receptor expression in human LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2007;67:1318-29 pubmed..Inhibition of SULT2B1b increased cell proliferation and ER-beta repression after treatment with physiological levels of DHEA and Delta(5)-Adiol indicating that SULT2B1b has an inhibitory effect on DHEA and Delta(5)-Adiol activity. ..
- Klink J, Byars Winston A, Bakken L. Coping efficacy and perceived family support: potential factors for reducing stress in premedical students. Med Educ. 2008;42:572-9 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for further studies on coping and stress in premedical students. ..
- Rudnick E, Chen E, Manning S, Perkins J. PHACES syndrome: otolaryngic considerations in recognition and management. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2009;73:281-8 pubmed publisher..To describe the otolaryngic manifestations of PHACES and evaluate current diagnostic and management principles for these patients...
- Feldstein A, Wieckowska A, Lopez A, Liu Y, Zein N, McCullough A. Cytokeratin-18 fragment levels as noninvasive biomarkers for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a multicenter validation study. Hepatology. 2009;50:1072-8 pubmed publisher..Determination of CK-18 fragments in the blood predicts histological NASH and severity of disease in a large, diverse population of patients with biopsy-proven NAFLD, supporting the potential usefulness of this test in clinical practice. ..
- Grant D, Hinni M, Salassa J, Perry W, Hayden R, Casler J. Oropharyngeal cancer: a case for single modality treatment with transoral laser microsurgery. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:1225-30 pubmed publisher..The treatment option of endoscopic-assisted laser microsurgery should be discussed by the multidisciplinary team for patients presenting with tumors suitable for this approach. ..
- Tan K, Lessieur E, Cutler A, Nerone P, Vasanji A, Asosingh K, et al. Impaired function of circulating CD34(+) CD45(-) cells in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Exp Eye Res. 2010;91:229-37 pubmed publisher..This suggests that ECFCs may be a potential therapeutic target in the prevention and treatment of diabetic vascular complications. ..
- Xu Z, Morel L. Genetics of systemic lupus erythematosus: contributions of mouse models in the era of human genome-wide association studies. Discov Med. 2010;10:71-8 pubmed..As a large number of susceptibility genes are identified, lupus genetics will focus on mechanistic and molecular studies, in which mouse models will continue to serve a pre-eminent role. ..
- Turner S, Schwartz G, Chapman A, Beitelshees A, Gums J, Cooper Dehoff R, et al. Plasma renin activity predicts blood pressure responses to beta-blocker and thiazide diuretic as monotherapy and add-on therapy for hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2010;23:1014-22 pubmed publisher..Plasma renin activity and pretreatment blood pressure level predict blood pressure responses to atenolol and hydrochlorothiazide administered as mono- and as add-on therapy in men and women < or =65 years of age. ..
- Spillman M, Manning N, Dye W, Sartorius C, Post M, Harrell J, et al. Tissue-specific pathways for estrogen regulation of ovarian cancer growth and metastasis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8927-36 pubmed publisher..Because breast cancer selective ER modulators (SERM) are therapeutically ineffective in EOC, we suggest that our EOC-specific E2-regulated genes can assist pharmacologic discovery of ovarian-targeted SERM. ..
- Butson C, Cooper S, Henderson J, Wolgamuth B, McIntyre C. Probabilistic analysis of activation volumes generated during deep brain stimulation. Neuroimage. 2011;54:2096-104 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that selection of both electrode placement and clinical stimulation parameter settings could be tailored to the patient's primary symptoms using patient-specific models and PSAs. ..
- Niederhaus S, Muth B, Lorentzen D, Wai P, Pirsch J, Samaniego Picota M, et al. Luminex-based desensitization protocols: the University of Wisconsin initial experience. Transplantation. 2011;92:12-7 pubmed publisher..4 ± 0.5 and 1.4 ± 0.4 mg/dL) were similar between DSZ and no-DSZ groups. CONCLUSION.: Long-term follow-up is needed to determine the role of Luminex-based strategies in current preconditioning regimens. ..
- Gibson A, Li X, Wu J, Baskin J, Raman C, Edberg J, et al. Serine phosphorylation of Fc?RI cytoplasmic domain directs lipid raft localization and interaction with protein 4.1G. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;91:97-103 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with a phosphoserine-dependent tethering role for protein 4.1G in maintaining Fc?RI in lipid rafts and provide insight into the unique phosphoserine-based regulation of receptor signaling by Fc?RI CY. ..
- Nakagawa S, Castro V, Toborek M. Infection of human pericytes by HIV-1 disrupts the integrity of the blood-brain barrier. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:2950-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that human brain pericytes can be infected with HIV-1 and suggest that infected pericytes are involved in the progression of HIV-1-induced CNS damage. ..
- Panchal A, Manzi J, Connolly S, Christensen M, Wakeham M, Goday P, et al. Safety of Enteral Feedings in Critically Ill Children Receiving Vasoactive Agents. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2016;40:236-41 pubmed publisher..Enteral feeding in patients receiving VAs is associated with no difference in GI outcomes and a tendency towards lower mortality. Prospective studies are required to confirm the safety of enteral feedings in patients receiving VAs. ..
- Ge H, Mu L, Jin L, Yang C, Chang Y, Long Y, et al. Tumor associated CD70 expression is involved in promoting tumor migration and macrophage infiltration in GBM. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1434-1444 pubmed publisher..Our current efforts to target this molecule using chimeric antigen receptor T cells hold great potential for treating patients with GBM. ..
- Vedhara K, Fox J, Wang E. The measurement of stress-related immune dysfunction in psychoneuroimmunology. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 1999;23:699-715 pubmed..We hope that a clear understanding of the rationale behind such assays and their inherent advantages and limitations will inform the discussion of the significance of stress-related immune impairment. ..
- Ramírez A, Stanton R. Aneurysmal bone cyst in 29 children. J Pediatr Orthop. 2002;22:533-9 pubmed..The lesion occurred more commonly in females in the second decade of life and was not associated with a pre-existing tumor. The recurrence rate dropped after the use of a high-speed bur. ..
- Gray R, Tanner C, Pories W, MacDonald K, Houmard J. Effect of weight loss on muscle lipid content in morbidly obese subjects. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;284:E726-32 pubmed..This reduction in intramuscular triglyceride may contribute to enhanced insulin action seen with weight loss. ..
- Soper D. Trichomoniasis: under control or undercontrolled?. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;190:281-90 pubmed..As evidence continues to accumulate, the time has come to increase diagnostic efforts beyond traditional sexually transmitted disease clinic settings...
- Clark D, DeLorenzo M, Lucas F, Wennberg D. Injuries among older Americans with and without Medicare. Am J Public Health. 2005;95:273-8 pubmed..Medicare patients had slightly longer hospital lengths of stay. Hospital outcomes are generally similar among older patients with a given anatomic injury, regardless of insurance coverage. ..
- Hill S, Mizelle K, Vellucci S, Feltes T, Cheatham J. Radiofrequency perforation and cutting balloon septoplasty of intact atrial septum in a newborn with hypoplastic left heart syndrome using transesophageal ICE probe guidance. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2005;64:214-7 pubmed..This case report describes new transcatheter techniques (use of radiofrequency energy to perforate the atrial septum followed by cutting balloon and static balloon septoplasty) and novel use of a transesophageal ICE probe. ..
- Irwin Z, Hilibrand A, Gustavel M, McLain R, Shaffer W, Myers M, et al. Variation in surgical decision making for degenerative spinal disorders. Part I: lumbar spine. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2005;30:2208-13 pubmed..Previously documented geographic variations may result in part from a lack of consensus on appropriate treatment techniques for specific lumbar degenerative conditions, as well as surgeon-specific factors. ..
- Adams J, Cockburn M, Difazio L, Garcia F, Siegel B, Bilaniuk J. Spinal clearance in the difficult trauma patient: a role for screening MRI of the spine. Am Surg. 2006;72:101-5 pubmed..CT scanning of the cervical and axial spine is sensitive for spinal trauma but not specific. MRI trauma protocol should be reserved for cases when initial CT scanning is suggestive of traumatic injury...
- Lewy A, Lefler B, Emens J, Bauer V. The circadian basis of winter depression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7414-9 pubmed..The findings support the phase-shift hypothesis for SAD, as well as suggest a way to assess the circadian component of other psychiatric, sleep, and chronobiologic disorders. ..
- Li H, Cai X, Shouse G, Piluso L, Liu X. A specific PP2A regulatory subunit, B56gamma, mediates DNA damage-induced dephosphorylation of p53 at Thr55. EMBO J. 2007;26:402-11 pubmed..These results suggest a molecular mechanism for B56gamma-mediated tumor suppression and provide a potential route for regulation of B56gamma-specific PP2A complex function. ..
- Blackley S, Kou Z, Chen H, Quinn M, Rose R, Schlesinger J, et al. Primary human splenic macrophages, but not T or B cells, are the principal target cells for dengue virus infection in vitro. J Virol. 2007;81:13325-34 pubmed
- Pantlin L. Is there a role for antibiotics in periodontal treatment?. Dent Update. 2008;35:493-6 pubmed..However, antibiotics have been shown to be helpful in periodontal treatment in some cases, and evidence for this is presented and suggestions where their use may be indicated are made...
- Cousins J, Haughton V. Magnetic resonance imaging of the spine. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2009;17:22-30 pubmed
- Schoenwald S, Sheidow A, Chapman J. Clinical supervision in treatment transport: effects on adherence and outcomes. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2009;77:410-21 pubmed publisher..However, direct effects of supervisor and therapist adherence were observed in models including both of these variables. ..
- Almyroudis N, Fabian J, Hahn T, Segal B, Wetzler M, McCarthy P. Late infectious complications after cord blood stem cell transplantation. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;28:1405-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, survival beyond day 100 following cord bloodstem cell transplantation is associated with a considerable risk of infections in our single center experience. ..
- Freeman C, McCormick K, Mahoney D, Baratz M, Lubahn J. Nonoperative treatment of distal biceps tendon ruptures compared with a historical control group. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91:2329-34 pubmed publisher..Nonoperative treatment of distal biceps tendon ruptures can yield acceptable outcomes with modestly reduced strength, especially supination. ..
- Vasquez R, Waters M, Skowlund C, Mocco J, Hoh B. Computed tomographic perfusion imaging of non-hemorrhagic cerebral hyperperfusion syndrome and reversal following medical treatment after carotid artery angioplasty and stenting. J Neurointerv Surg. 2012;4:e2 pubmed publisher..Prompt CHS evaluation may include CT perfusion imaging to assist diagnostic accuracy. Rigorous blood pressure control remains the mainstay of treatment. ..
- Wang L, White D, Andreoli S, Mulligan R, Discolo C, Schlosser R. Cigarette smoke inhibits dynamic ciliary beat frequency in pediatric adenoid explants. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;146:659-63 pubmed publisher..Smoke exposure impairs ciliary function in the pediatric airway and could potentially contribute to disorders such as chronic rhinosinusitis and chronic otitis media. ..
- Brotherton S, Saunders L, Krause J, Morrisette D. Association between reliance on devices and people for walking and ability to walk community distances among persons with spinal cord injury. J Spinal Cord Med. 2012;35:156-61 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that reliance on devices or a person for assistance is important to consider when assessing potential for achieving functional community ambulation. ..
- Klein R, Myers C, Knudtson M, Lee K, Gangnon R, Wong T, et al. Relationship of blood pressure and other factors to serial retinal arteriolar diameter measurements over time: the beaver dam eye study. Arch Ophthalmol. 2012;130:1019-27 pubmed publisher..To describe the relationship of blood pressure (BP), antihypertensive medication use, and other factors to serial measurements of retinal arteriolar diameters over time in the Beaver Dam Eye Study...
- Long J, Lee B, Eyraud R, Autorino R, Hillyer S, Stein R, et al. Robotic partial nephrectomy: imperative vs elective indications. Urology. 2012;80:833-7 pubmed publisher..Patients undergoing robotic partial nephrectomy for an imperative indication have similar functional outcomes than those with an elective indication. However, they are at higher risk of major complications. ..
- Hansen J, Hanash S, Tabellini L, Baik C, Lawler R, Grogan B, et al. A novel soluble form of Tim-3 associated with severe graft-versus-host disease. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013;19:1323-30 pubmed publisher..These findings have mechanistic implications for the development of novel strategies for targeting the Tim-3 immune regulatory pathway as an approach to improving control of GVHD. ..
- Lysaght Hurley S, Barg F, Strumpf N, Ersek M. Same agency, different teams: perspectives from home and inpatient hospice care. Qual Health Res. 2015;25:923-31 pubmed publisher..Key differences between home and inpatient hospice processes of care highlight the complexity of patient-centered end-of-life care in the United States. ..
- Cheng E, Poehlmann Tynan J, Mullahy J, Witt W. Cumulative social risk exposure, infant birth weight, and cognitive delay in infancy. Acad Pediatr. 2014;14:581-8 pubmed publisher..Programs that address the social context of US infants are needed to improve their developmental trajectories. ..
- Bernier R, Steinman K, Reilly B, Wallace A, Sherr E, Pojman N, et al. Clinical phenotype of the recurrent 1q21.1 copy-number variant. Genet Med. 2016;18:341-9 pubmed publisher..Individuals with 1q21.1 deletions or duplications exhibit consistent deficits on motor and cognitive functioning and abnormalities in head circumference.Genet Med 18 4, 341-349. ..
- Younossi Z, LaLuna L, Santoro J, Mendes F, Araya V, Ravendhran N, et al. Implementation of baby boomer hepatitis C screening and linking to care in gastroenterology practices: a multi-center pilot study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2016;16:45 pubmed publisher..Implementation of the Baby Boomer Screening for HCV requires identifying screening environement with high prevalence of HCV+ individuals as well as an efficient process of linking them to care. ..
- Britt W. Congenital Human Cytomegalovirus Infection and the Enigma of Maternal Immunity. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Several characteristics of congenital HCMV infections suggest that the efficacy of vaccines designed to induce responses similar to those that follow natural infection will be limited. ..
- Bostwick B, McLean S, Posey J, Streff H, Gripp K, Blesson A, et al. Phenotypic and molecular characterisation of CDK13-related congenital heart defects, dysmorphic facial features and intellectual developmental disorders. Genome Med. 2017;9:73 pubmed publisher..Here we provide detailed phenotypic and molecular characterisation of individuals with pathogenic variants in CDK13 and propose management guidelines based upon the estimated prevalence of anomalies identified. ..
- Stephens R, Wendel K, Addington W. Anatomy of the internal branch of the superior laryngeal nerve. Clin Anat. 1999;12:79-83 pubmed..The middle ramus probably conveyed the afferent component of the laryngeal cough reflex. The inferior ramus did not distribute to the vestibular mucosa. ..
- Larkin P, Baehr W, Semple Rowland S. Circadian regulation of iodopsin and clock is altered in the retinal degeneration chicken retina. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;70:253-63 pubmed
- Chen V, Chao L, Pimenta D, Bledsoe G, Juliano L, Chao J. Identification of a major heparin-binding site in kallistatin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1276-84 pubmed
- Hill D. Occurrence and self-treatment of diarrhea in a large cohort of Americans traveling to developing countries. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2000;62:585-9 pubmed..Diarrhea is common despite pre-travel advice. Because travelers usually treat themselves, they should be provided with clear instructions on appropriate self-treatment. ..
- Konstantinopoulos P, Lehmann D. The cardiovascular toxicity of selective and nonselective cyclooxygenase inhibitors: comparisons, contrasts, and aspirin confounding. J Clin Pharmacol. 2005;45:742-50 pubmed..Finally, recommendations regarding selective COX-2 inhibitors and appropriate timing of aspirin coadministration with traditional NSAIDs are proposed in relevance to patient safety and future trial design. ..
- Shaheen P, Bukowski R. Emerging drugs for renal cell carcinoma. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2005;10:773-95 pubmed..The use of oral drugs to treat various malignancies including RCC seems to be the new paradigm of the future. Further understanding of their mechanisms of action and confirmation of their benefits on the clinical outcome is needed. ..
- Mendelson K, Fallat M. Pediatric injuries: prevention to resolution. Surg Clin North Am. 2007;87:207-28, viii pubmed..In addition, the major injury patterns are described with attention paid to the diagnosis and management of patients with multiple traumatic injuries. ..
- Collins K, Presnell S. Elder neglect and the pathophysiology of aging. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2007;28:157-62 pubmed..Five cases occurred in the victim's home, and 3 occurred in an institution (nursing home/care facility). In 5 cases, the perpetrators were family members. The pathophysiology of aging with respect to elder maltreatment is reviewed. ..
- Wang E, Dimova N, Cambi F. PLP/DM20 ratio is regulated by hnRNPH and F and a novel G-rich enhancer in oligodendrocytes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:4164-78 pubmed..We conclude that developmental changes in hnRNPH/F associated with OLs differentiation synergistically regulate PLP alternative splicing and a G-rich enhancer participates in the regulation. ..
- Costa Mallen P, Checkoway H, Zabeti A, Edenfield M, Swanson P, Longstreth W, et al. The functional polymorphism of the hemoglobin-binding protein haptoglobin influences susceptibility to idiopathic Parkinson's disease. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2008;147B:216-22 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first study that investigates the association of Hp genotypes with the risk of PD. ..
- Standridge S, de los Reyes E. Inflammatory bowel disease and cerebrovascular arterial and venous thromboembolic events in 4 pediatric patients: a case series and review of the literature. J Child Neurol. 2008;23:59-66 pubmed publisher..The current literature on cerebrovascular complications and treatment in the setting of pediatric inflammatory bowel disease is reviewed. ..
- Stein R, Turna B, Nguyen M, Aron M, Hafron J, Gill I, et al. Laparoscopic pyeloplasty with concomitant pyelolithotomy: technique and outcomes. J Endourol. 2008;22:1251-5 pubmed publisher..We report our experience with laparoscopic pyelolithotomy at the time of laparoscopic pyeloplasty and compare outcome data with a cohort of patients undergoing laparoscopic pyeloplasty without coexistent stone disease...
- Hoffman W, Schwartz D, Huckans M, McFarland B, Meiri G, Stevens A, et al. Cortical activation during delay discounting in abstinent methamphetamine dependent individuals. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2008;201:183-93 pubmed publisher..The ventral system is hypothesized to respond to the salience and immediacy of rewards while the dorsal system is implicated in the process of comparison and choice...
- Jacobsen S, Cheetham T, Haque R, Shi J, Loo R. Association between 5-alpha reductase inhibition and risk of hip fracture. JAMA. 2008;300:1660-4 pubmed publisher..The reduction in risk observed with exposure to 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and the modest increase in risk associated with exposure to alpha-blockers require replication and warrant further investigation. ..
- Alexander J, Kluender K. Spectral tilt change in stop consonant perception by listeners with hearing impairment. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2009;52:653-70 pubmed publisher..Recordings through a wide dynamic range compression hearing aid show compromised changes in spectral tilt, compressed in range by up to 50%. ..
- Ilyinskii P, Thoidis G, Shneider A. Development of a vaccine against pandemic influenza viruses: current status and perspectives. Int Rev Immunol. 2008;27:392-426 pubmed publisher..In this review, we re-examine these efforts and outline the scientific, political, and economic problems that befall this area of biotechnological research. ..
- Kershner A, Kimble J. Genome-wide analysis of mRNA targets for Caenorhabditis elegans FBF, a conserved stem cell regulator. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3936-41 pubmed publisher..We speculate that shared PUF targets represent part of a broadly used module of stem cell control. ..
- Arias H, Rosenberg A, Targowska Duda K, Feuerbach D, Jozwiak K, Moaddel R, et al. Tricyclic antidepressants and mecamylamine bind to different sites in the human alpha4beta2 nicotinic receptor ion channel. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:1007-18 pubmed publisher..The high proportion of protonated mecamylamine calculated at physiological pH suggests that this drug can be attracted to the channel mouth before binding deeper within the receptor ion channel finally blocking ion flux. ..
- Fujimura J, Rajagopalan R. Different differences: the use of 'genetic ancestry' versus race in biomedical human genetic research. Soc Stud Sci. 2011;41:5-30 pubmed..Nevertheless, we also highlight the slipperiness of genome geography and the tenacity of race and race concepts. ..
- Fernandez H. Updates in the medical management of Parkinson disease. Cleve Clin J Med. 2012;79:28-35 pubmed publisher..A cure remains elusive. However, promising interventions and agents are emerging. As an example, people who exercise regularly are less likely to develop Parkinson disease, and if they develop it, they tend to have slower progression. ..
- Miller P, Book S, Stewart S. Medical treatment of alcohol dependence: a systematic review. Int J Psychiatry Med. 2011;42:227-66 pubmed..Although treatment effects are modest, medications for alcohol dependence, in conjunction with either brief support or more extensive psychosocial therapy, can be effective in primary and specialty care medical settings. ..
- Wang H, Shapiro N, Griffin R, Safford M, Judd S, Howard G. Inflammatory and endothelial activation biomarkers and risk of sepsis: a nested case-control study. J Crit Care. 2013;28:549-55 pubmed publisher..29, .33). Individuals with higher baseline IL-6, E-selectin, and ICAM-1 were more likely to develop future sepsis episodes. These biomarkers may play a role in the early identification, mitigation, or prevention of sepsis. ..
- Stevenson E, Rubenstein A, Radin G, Wiener R, Walkey A. Two decades of mortality trends among patients with severe sepsis: a comparative meta-analysis*. Crit Care Med. 2014;42:625-31 pubmed publisher..The mortality trends identified in clinical trial participants appear similar to those identified using administrative data and support the use of administrative data to monitor mortality trends in patients with severe sepsis. ..
- Al Qubati Y, Janniger E, Schwartz R. Pyogenic granuloma of the lip - treatment with carbon dioxide slush cryosurgery as an approach in a resource-poor country. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2014;23:5-7 pubmed..We describe a 14-year-old adolescent with a PG of the lower lip that responded to carbon dioxide slush cryosurgery, an option that may be of considerable value in a resource-poor country. ..
- Falcone G, Radmanesh F, Brouwers H, Battey T, Devan W, Valant V, et al. APOE Îµ variants increase risk of warfarin-related intracerebral hemorrhage. Neurology. 2014;83:1139-46 pubmed publisher..APOE exerts its effect independently of warfarin, although power limitations render this absence of interaction preliminary. Evaluation of the predictive ability of APOE in cohort studies is warranted. ..
- Woody N, Koyfman S, Xia P, Yu N, Shang Q, Adelstein D, et al. Regional control is preserved after dose de-escalated radiotherapy to involved lymph nodes in HPV positive oropharyngeal cancer. Oral Oncol. 2016;53:91-6 pubmed publisher..In this exploratory analysis, regional lymph node control in HPV positive oropharyngeal cancer was not compromised by dose de-escalated radiotherapy to involved nodes in the setting of concurrent cisplatin based chemotherapy. ..
- Ritter M, Camille E, Velcine C, Guillaume R, Lantagne D. Optimizing Household Chlorination Marketing Strategies: A Randomized Controlled Trial on the Effect of Price and Promotion on Adoption in Haiti. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:271-280 pubmed publisher..Decisions about pricing and promotion for health products in developing countries affect health impact, cost recovery, and cost-effectiveness, and tradeoffs between these goals should be made explicit in program design. ..
- Subramaniam M, Colvard D, Keeting P, Rasmussen K, Riggs B, Spelsberg T. Glucocorticoid regulation of alkaline phosphatase, osteocalcin, and proto-oncogenes in normal human osteoblast-like cells. J Cell Biochem. 1992;50:411-24 pubmed..These results support the theory that hOB cells are target cells for glucocorticoids, and that as a primary event glucocorticoids rapidly regulate the expression of the nuclear oncoproteins Fos/Jun in these cells. ..
- Frenkel G, Falvey D, MacVicar C. Products of the reaction of selenite with intracellular sulfhydryl compounds. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1991;30:9-18 pubmed..The same species were detected when [75Se]selenite was added to the acid-soluble fraction of a cell extract (as opposed to living cells), confirming that these compounds can be formed by nonenzymatic reactions...
- Katz A. Is the failing heart energy depleted?. Cardiol Clin. 1998;16:633-44, viii pubmed..Second, current information regarding the energetic state of the failing heart is examined. Finally, the mechanistic and therapeutic implications of a defect in energy production are described...
- Mohler L, Trumble T. Disorders of the thumb sesamoids. Hand Clin. 2001;17:291-301, x pubmed..Simple excision of chronically painful sesamoids provides excellent relief...
- Palamarchuk A, Efanov A, Maximov V, Aqeilan R, Croce C, Pekarsky Y. Akt phosphorylates Tal1 oncoprotein and inhibits its repressor activity. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4515-9 pubmed..2) promoter. Thus, these data indicate that Akt interacts with Tal1 and regulates Tal1 by phosphorylation at Thr90 in a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent manner. ..
- Smith J, Voss S. Gene order data from a model amphibian (Ambystoma): new perspectives on vertebrate genome structure and evolution. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:219 pubmed
- Holzer R, Chisolm J, Hill S, Cheatham J. Transcatheter devices used in the management of patients with congenital heart disease. Expert Rev Med Devices. 2006;3:603-15 pubmed..It also focuses on devices for occlusion of septal defects and vascular structures, as well as endovascular stents. In addition, the most important outcome data are discussed. ..
- Machwe A, Xiao L, Groden J, Orren D. The Werner and Bloom syndrome proteins catalyze regression of a model replication fork. Biochemistry. 2006;45:13939-46 pubmed..Our findings suggest that WRN and/or BLM might regress replication forks in vivo as part of a genome maintenance pathway, consistent with the phenotypes of WRN- and BLM-deficient cells. ..
- Reddymasu S, Soykan I, McCallum R. Domperidone: review of pharmacology and clinical applications in gastroenterology. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:2036-45 pubmed
- Bharti N, Xia Y, Bjornstad O, Grenfell B. Measles on the edge: coastal heterogeneities and infection dynamics. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1941 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate the impact of 'edge effects' on epidemic metapopulations in general and illustrate directions for the refinement of spatiotemporal epidemic models. ..
- Caterino J, Jalbuena T, Bogucki B. Predictors of acute decompensation after admission in ED patients with sepsis. Am J Emerg Med. 2010;28:631-6 pubmed publisher..Particular attention should be paid to similar patients to ensure appropriate identification of severe infection and appropriate risk stratification. ..
- May Benson T, Koomar J. Systematic review of the research evidence examining the effectiveness of interventions using a sensory integrative approach for children. Am J Occup Ther. 2010;64:403-14 pubmed..Replication of findings with methodologically and theoretically sound studies is needed to support current findings. ..