Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in United States
Locale: United States
Publications5127 found, 100 shown here
- M Shaddox L, Andia D, Casati M, Nociti F, Sallum E, Gollwitzer J, et al. Microbiologic changes following administration of locally delivered doxycycline in smokers: a 15-month follow-up. J Periodontol. 2007;78:2143-9 pubmed..In smokers, adjunctive local doxycycline resulted in a greater reduction in the frequency of P. gingivalis following initial and supportive therapy compared to conventional treatment. ..
- Johnson D, Katz P. Nocturnal gastroesophageal reflux disease: issues, implications, and management strategies. Rev Gastroenterol Disord. 2008;8:98-108 pubmed..These newer PPI formulations offer significant hope for the advancement of treatment opportunities. ..
- Giddu S, Subramanian V, Yoon H, Satyanarayanajois S. Design of beta-hairpin peptides for modulation of cell adhesion by beta-turn constraint. J Med Chem. 2009;52:726-36 pubmed publisher..Peptide 1 did not show significant inhibition activity compared to control. ..
- Re T, Mooney D, Antignac E, Dufour E, Bark I, Srinivasan V, et al. Application of the threshold of toxicological concern approach for the safety evaluation of calendula flower (Calendula officinalis) petals and extracts used in cosmetic and personal care products. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:1246-54 pubmed publisher..This paper demonstrates the utility and practical application of the TTC concept when used as a tool in the safety evaluation of botanical extracts. ..
- Damato E, Anthony M, Maloni J. Correlates of negative and positive mood state in mothers of twins. J Pediatr Nurs. 2009;24:369-77 pubmed publisher..4%, p < .001). Neither instrumental nor subjective social support contributed to variance in maternal mood. Interventions should be aimed at decreasing parenting distress and increasing sense of competence for mothers of twins. ..
- Sibrian Vazquez M, Escobedo J, Lim S, Samoei G, Strongin R. Homocystamides promote free-radical and oxidative damage to proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:551-4 pubmed publisher..Model peptides in buffer as well as native proteins in human blood plasma additionally exhibit properties in keeping with the homocystamide-facilitated hydrogen atom transfer and resultant carbon-centered radicals. ..
- Bergese S, Candiotti K, Bokesch P, Zura A, Wisemandle W, Bekker A. A Phase IIIb, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study evaluating the safety and efficacy of dexmedetomidine for sedation during awake fiberoptic intubation. Am J Ther. 2010;17:586-95 pubmed publisher..Some patients may require small supplemental doses of midazolam, in addition to dexmedetomidine, to achieve sufficient sedation for AFOI. Dexmedetomidine provides another AFOI option for sedation of patients with difficult airways. ..
- Ramachandran A, Lebofsky M, Baines C, Lemasters J, Jaeschke H. Cyclophilin D deficiency protects against acetaminophen-induced oxidant stress and liver injury. Free Radic Res. 2011;45:156-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, mitochondrial oxidative stress and induction of the MPT are critical events in APAP hepatotoxicity in vivo and at least part of the APAP-induced oxidant stress and peroxynitrite formation occurs downstream of the MPT. ..
- Boxer R, Dolansky M, Frantz M, Prosser R, Hitch J, Pina I. The Bridge Project: improving heart failure care in skilled nursing facilities. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012;13:83.e1-7 pubmed publisher..The lack of identification and tracking of patients with HF limits SNF ability to care for patients with HF. HF education for staff is likely important to effective HF management in the SNF. ..
- Liu A, Liu Y, Li P, Li C, Lin J. LLL12 inhibits endogenous and exogenous interleukin-6-induced STAT3 phosphorylation in human pancreatic cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:2029-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the inhibition of endogenous and exogenous IL-6-mediated STAT3 signaling may be a potential therapeutic approach for pancreatic cancer. ..
- McCollum D. Update of the past year: a review from IDSA 2011. Top Antivir Med. 2011;19:187-92 pubmed..Finally, exciting advances in the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection necessitate that practitioners understand the complexities of treating HIV/HCV coinfections. ..
- Ling I, Bhongsatiern J, Simpson J, Fardo D, Estus S. Genetics of clusterin isoform expression and Alzheimer's disease risk. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33923 pubmed publisher..Since CLU1 and CLU2 appear to produce similar proteins and are increased in AD, the AD-protection afforded by the rs11136000T allele may reflect increased soluble clusterin throughout life. ..
- Esbona K, Li Z, Wilke L. Intraoperative imprint cytology and frozen section pathology for margin assessment in breast conservation surgery: a systematic review. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:3236-45 pubmed publisher..Patients who underwent BCS with intraoperative IC or FSA to assess negative surgical margins had significantly fewer secondary surgical procedures for excision of their breast malignancies. ..
- Gan M, Albanese O Neill A, Haller M. Type 1 diabetes: current concepts in epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical care, and research. Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2012;42:269-91 pubmed publisher..Herein, we provide a comprehensive review of the natural history, pathophysiology, and contemporary management of T1D. In addition, recent advances in T1D research are discussed. ..
- Killgore W, Schwab Z, Kipman M, Deldonno S, Weber M. Insomnia-related complaints correlate with functional connectivity between sensory-motor regions. Neuroreport. 2013;24:233-40 pubmed publisher..Such augmented functional connectivity may contribute to the sustained sensory processing of environmental stimuli, potentially prolonging the latency to sleep. ..
- Smith B, Collins S, Conlon T, Mah C, Lawson L, MARTIN A, et al. Phase I/II trial of adeno-associated virus-mediated alpha-glucosidase gene therapy to the diaphragm for chronic respiratory failure in Pompe disease: initial safety and ventilatory outcomes. Hum Gene Ther. 2013;24:630-40 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of the next five patients will determine whether earlier intervention can further enhance the functional benefit. ..
- Mittal V, Orr J, Turner J, Pelletier A, Dean D, Lunsford Avery J, et al. Striatal abnormalities and spontaneous dyskinesias in non-clinical psychosis. Schizophr Res. 2013;151:141-7 pubmed publisher..The results are among the first to suggest an association between neural structure and a risk marker in NCP. Findings indicate that vulnerabilities seen in schizophrenia also characterize the lower end of the psychosis spectrum. ..
- Subramaniam A, Harper L, Szychowski J, Owen J. Predictive Value of Initial Cervical Length for Subsequent Cervical Length Shortening in Women with a Prior Preterm Birth. Am J Perinatol. 2016;33:350-5 pubmed publisher..001). In high-risk patients whose initial CL isâ€‰â‰¥â€‰39â€‰mm, CL shortening or delivery is uncommon in the following 2 weeks. Patients with initial CL above this threshold may require less frequent surveillance. ..
- Gutmann A, Bertram J. The dynamic limits of hop height: Biological actuator capabilities and mechanical requirements of task produce incongruity between one- and two-legged performance. Proc Inst Mech Eng H. 2016;230:191-200 pubmed publisher..Identifying the factors that limit performance in hopping provides an opportunity to understand how functional limits are determined in more complex activities such as running and jumping. ..
- Hagen F, Grant F, Kuijper J, Slaughter C, Moomaw C, Orth K, et al. Expression and characterization of recombinant human acyloxyacyl hydrolase, a leukocyte enzyme that deacylates bacterial lipopolysaccharides. Biochemistry. 1991;30:8415-23 pubmed..Acyloxyacyl hydrolase is a novel two-component lipase that, by deacylating lipopolysaccharides, may modulate host inflammatory responses to Gram-negative bacterial invasion. ..
- Viano D, Olsen S. The effectiveness of active head restraint in preventing whiplash. J Trauma. 2001;51:959-69 pubmed..No SAHR seat required repair or replacement after the crashes. SAHR is effective in reducing whiplash injury in rear crashes and is a passive public-health approach that works irrespective of manual head-restraint adjustment. ..
- Goldstone R, Steyvers M, Rogosky B. Conceptual interrelatedness and caricatures. Mem Cognit. 2003;31:169-80 pubmed..Support for these predictions comes from manipulations of the labels given to simultaneously acquired concepts (Experiment 1) and of the order of categories during learning (Experiment 2). ..
- Howard C, Stevens J, Izevbigie E, Walker A, McDaniel O. Time and dose-dependent modulation of phase 1 and phase 2 gene expression in response to treatment of MCF-7 cells with a natural anti-cancer agent. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2003;49:1057-65 pubmed..A. extract as a potential clinically useful natural anti-cancer agent and provide some support for the concept that modulation in CYP3A4 expression in response to treatment is relevant to prognosis...
- Shryock T. The future of anti-infective products in animal health. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2004;2:425-30 pubmed
- Koury J, Deitch E, Homma H, Abungu B, Gangurde P, Condon M, et al. Persistent HIF-1alpha activation in gut ischemia/reperfusion injury: potential role of bacteria and lipopolysaccharide. Shock. 2004;22:270-7 pubmed..aeruginosa or lipopolysaccharide. ..
- Muthusamy V, Hobbs C, Nogueira C, Cordon Cardo C, McKee P, Chin L, et al. Amplification of CDK4 and MDM2 in malignant melanoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2006;45:447-54 pubmed..These results suggest that coamplification of CDK4 and MDM2 may substitute for loss of P16INK4A and P14ARF function in a subset of melanomas. ..
- Shao B, Oda M, Bergt C, Fu X, Green P, Brot N, et al. Myeloperoxidase impairs ABCA1-dependent cholesterol efflux through methionine oxidation and site-specific tyrosine chlorination of apolipoprotein A-I. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9001-4 pubmed
- Blanchard S, Chelimsky G, Czinn S, Redline R, Splawski J. Pyogenic granuloma of the colon in children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2006;43:119-21 pubmed
- Bodwell J, Gosse J, Nomikos A, Hamilton J. Arsenic disruption of steroid receptor gene activation: Complex dose-response effects are shared by several steroid receptors. Chem Res Toxicol. 2006;19:1619-29 pubmed..These results indicate that the numerous and diverse human health effects associated with As exposure may be mediated, at least in part, through its ability to simultaneously disrupt multiple hormone receptor systems. ..
- Sewell L, Elston D, Dorion R. "Anisotrichosis": a novel term to describe pattern alopecia. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;56:856 pubmed
- Gou D, Mishra A, Weng T, Su L, Chintagari N, Wang Z, et al. Annexin A2 interactions with Rab14 in alveolar type II cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:13156-64 pubmed publisher..Rab14 also co-localized in part with annexin A2 and lamellar bodies in alveolar type II cells. The silencing of Rab14 resulted in a decrease in surfactant secretion, suggesting that Rab14 may play a role in surfactant secretion. ..
- Wang W, Shinto L, Connor W, Quinn J. Nutritional biomarkers in Alzheimer's disease: the association between carotenoids, n-3 fatty acids, and dementia severity. J Alzheimers Dis. 2008;13:31-8 pubmed..These findings suggest targeting multiple specific nutrients, lutein, beta-carotene, and DHA in strategies to slow the rate of cognitive decline. ..
- Iioka H, Doerner S, Tamai K. Kaiso is a bimodal modulator for Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:627-32 pubmed publisher..Our studies together provide insights into why Kaiso null mice display resistance to intestinal tumors when crossed onto an Apc(Min/+) background. ..
- Xu Q, Pichichero M, Casey J, Zeng M. Novel type of Streptococcus pneumoniae causing multidrug-resistant acute otitis media in children. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:547-51 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae in which all strains had 6 of the same alleles as ST-156. The multidrug-resistant strains related to ST-156 expressed different capsular serotypes: 9V, 14, 11A, 15C, and 19F. ..
- Dozois E, Malireddy K, Bower T, Stanson A, Sim F. Management of a retrorectal lipomatous hemangiopericytoma by preoperative vascular embolization and a multidisciplinary surgical team: report of a case. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009;52:1017-20 pubmed publisher..The combined efforts of an interventional radiologist, vascular surgeon, orthophedic oncologist, and colorectal surgeon led to successful and safe complete removal of the tumor...
- Hampton T, Stanton B. A novel approach to analyze gene expression data demonstrates that the DeltaF508 mutation in CFTR downregulates the antigen presentation pathway. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;298:L473-82 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are required to determine whether MHC class I gene repression in CF reduces antigen presentation at the protein level and whether repression impairs immune function. ..
- Moffat J, Greenblatt R. Effects of varicella-zoster virus on cell cycle regulatory pathways. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2010;342:67-77 pubmed publisher..Some of these perturbed cell functions are essential for VZV replication, such as cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) activity, and reveal targets for interventions. ..
- Weiss B. Evaluation of multiple neurotoxic outcomes in cancer chemotherapy. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;678:96-112 pubmed..Schedule-controlled operant behavior offers the most promising source of animal models. ..
- Lee B, Bhinge A, Iyer V. Wide-ranging functions of E2F4 in transcriptional activation and repression revealed by genome-wide analysis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:3558-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our genome-wide analysis provided evidence of versatile roles of E2F4 and insights into its functions. ..
- Clarke M, Dasenbrock H, Bydon A, Sciubba D, McGirt M, Hsieh P, et al. Posterior-only approach for en bloc sacrectomy: clinical outcomes in 36 consecutive patients. Neurosurgery. 2012;71:357-64; discussion 364 pubmed publisher..However, we have found that en bloc resection and biomechanical reconstruction of the spinal column is possible from a posterior-only approach in many cases...
- Wang C, Tuffaha A, Zhang D, Diederich D, Wetmore J. A CD3+ count-based thymoglobulin induction regimen permits delayed introduction of calcineurin inhibitors in kidney transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2012;26:900-9 pubmed publisher..A unique induction regimen successfully delayed CNI initiation by using modest doses of rATG to deplete CD3+ cells, while yielding excellent long-term graft outcome without increased risk of infection or malignancy. ..
- Ravenscroft T, Baker M, Rutherford N, Neumann M, Mackenzie I, Josephs K, et al. Mutations in protein N-arginine methyltransferases are not the cause of FTLD-FUS. Neurobiol Aging. 2013;34:2235.e11-3 pubmed publisher..No mutations or statistically significant changes in expression were observed in our patient samples, suggesting that defects in PRMTs are not the cause of FTLD-FUS. ..
- Goldberger B, Maxwell J, Campbell A, Wilford B. Uniform standards and case definitions for classifying opioid-related deaths: recommendations by a SAMHSA consensus panel. J Addict Dis. 2013;32:231-43 pubmed publisher..The consensus statement presented here incorporates the panel's recommendations in four key areas. ..
- Schneider K, Altay M, Demko C, Atencio I, Baur D, Quereshy F. Predictors of blood loss during orthognathic surgery: outcomes from a teaching institution. Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015;19:361-7 pubmed publisher..Concomitant orthognathic procedures are associated with greater OT and EBL. Blood volume should be calculated for male and female patients separately. Percent BVL can be predicted based on OT using a basic equation. ..
- Lillehoj C, Nothwehr F, Shipley K, Voss C. Vending Assessment and Program Implementation in Four Iowa Worksites. Health Promot Pract. 2015;16:814-25 pubmed publisher..There also remain challenges to making changes in this environment. Findings have implications for public health practitioners to consider when designing healthy vending interventions in worksites. ..
- Simon R, Geyer S, Subramanian J, Roychowdhury S. The Bayesian basket design for genomic variant-driven phase II trials. Semin Oncol. 2016;43:13-18 pubmed publisher..A website for using the new design is available at https://brbnci.shinyapps.io/BasketTrials/ and the software is available at GitHub in the "Basket Trials" repository of account brbnci. ..
- Connor R, Jones L, Qiu X, Thakar J, Maggirwar S. Frontline Science: c-Myc regulates P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 expression in monocytes during HIV-1 infection. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:953-964 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a novel systems serology approach for translational research and reveals a mechanism for PSGL-1 transcriptional regulation, which might be leveraged to identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- RodrÃguez GutiÃ©rrez R, Montes Villarreal J, RodrÃguez Velver K, GonzÃ¡lez VelÃ¡zquez C, Salcido Montenegro A, Elizondo Plazas A, et al. Metformin Use and Vitamin B12 Deficiency: Untangling the Association. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:165-171 pubmed publisher..In the light of the body of evidence and the results of this study, a universal recommendation for vitamin B12 deficiency screening cannot be made. ..
- Morgan L, Marshall J. Solving endodontic isolation problems with interim buildups of reinforced glass ionomer cement. J Endod. 1990;16:450-3 pubmed..The material also shows promise as an intermediate endodontic seal. Variations of this technique are presented to address some other common isolation problems and the esthetic needs of the patient. ..
- Sangal R, Sangal J. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: cognitive evoked potential (P300) topography predicts treatment response to methylphenidate. Clin Neurophysiol. 2004;115:188-93 pubmed..As non-stimulant treatments are approved for the treatment of ADHD, tests such as this may help pinpoint whether to use a stimulant or a medicine with some other mechanism of action. ..
- Mackey J, Anbar R. High-dose ibuprofen therapy associated with esophageal ulceration after pneumonectomy in a patient with cystic fibrosis: a case report. BMC Pediatr. 2004;4:19 pubmed..This report demonstrates that gastrointestinal tract anatomical abnormalities or dysmotility may be contraindications for therapy with high-dose ibuprofen in patients with cystic fibrosis. ..
- Moulton S, Kransdorf M, Ginsburg W, Abril A, Persellin S. Eosinophilic fasciitis: spectrum of MRI findings. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005;184:975-8 pubmed..Our objective was to describe the spectrum of MRI features of eosinophilic fasciitis...
- Rinker B, Valerio I, Stewart D, Pu L, Vasconez H. Microvascular free flap reconstruction in pediatric lower extremity trauma: a 10-year review. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005;115:1618-24 pubmed..If the unique features of this population are taken into consideration, a high rate of limb salvage and good function can be expected. ..
- Dhand U. Isaacs' syndrome: clinical and electrophysiological response to gabapentin. Muscle Nerve. 2006;34:646-50 pubmed..Subsequent nerve conduction studies showed decreased amplitude and later an absence of M-wave afterdischarges. Gabapentin thus appears to be an effective treatment for Isaacs' syndrome...
- Pulukuri S, Patibandla S, Patel J, Estes N, Rao J. Epigenetic inactivation of the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) gene in human prostate tumors. Oncogene. 2007;26:5229-37 pubmed..These results suggest that the downregulation of the TIMP-2 gene is associated with promoter methylation and that this may play an important role in prostate cancer progression during the invasive and metastatic stages of the disease. ..
- Lomenick J, Clasey J, Anderson J. Meal-related changes in ghrelin, peptide YY, and appetite in normal weight and overweight children. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:547-52 pubmed publisher..Differences that were observed between the groups do not suggest that an abnormality in their secretion contributes to the development of obesity. ..
- Li F, Palecek S. Distinct domains of the Candida albicans adhesin Eap1p mediate cell-cell and cell-substrate interactions. Microbiology. 2008;154:1193-1203 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae pseudohyphal growth. These results suggest a modular structure of Eap1p in which each domain serves multiple, often distinct, functions. ..
- Farrell P, Rosenstein B, White T, Accurso F, Castellani C, Cutting G, et al. Guidelines for diagnosis of cystic fibrosis in newborns through older adults: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation consensus report. J Pediatr. 2008;153:S4-S14 pubmed publisher..Their recommendations, presented herein, involve a combination of clinical presentation, laboratory testing, and genetics to confirm a diagnosis of CF...
- Burhans W, Heintz N. The cell cycle is a redox cycle: linking phase-specific targets to cell fate. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;47:1282-93 pubmed publisher..The present challenge is to identify redox-dependent targets relevant to each cell cycle phase, to understand how these targets control fate decisions, and to describe the mechanisms that link metabolism to cell cycle progression. ..
- Beevers C, Wells T, McGeary J. The BDNF Val66Met polymorphism is associated with rumination in healthy adults. Emotion. 2009;9:579-84 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that variation in the BDNF gene may contribute to the tendency to ruminate. Because this association exists in healthy adults, it may represent a susceptibility factor for affective disorders. ..
- Park A, Stacy M. Non-motor symptoms in Parkinson's disease. J Neurol. 2009;256 Suppl 3:293-8 pubmed publisher..Treatment may include interventions independent of traditional, dopaminergic anti-Parkinson therapy or may be tailored to increase or reduce dopamine responsiveness of the symptom. ..
- Zhao E, Keller M, Rabaglia M, Oler A, Stapleton D, Schueler K, et al. Obesity and genetics regulate microRNAs in islets, liver, and adipose of diabetic mice. Mamm Genome. 2009;20:476-85 pubmed publisher..Understanding the influence that obesity and genetics exert on the regulation of miRNA expression will reveal the role miRNAs play in the context of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes. ..
- Lovely R, Yang Q, Massaro J, Wang J, D Agostino R, O Donnell C, et al. Assessment of genetic determinants of the association of ?' fibrinogen in relation to cardiovascular disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2345-52 pubmed publisher..fibrinogen is associated with prevalent CVD and with SNPs exclusively in and near the fibrinogen gene locus. ..
- Nahid M, Satoh M, Chan E. MicroRNA in TLR signaling and endotoxin tolerance. Cell Mol Immunol. 2011;8:388-403 pubmed publisher..Modulation of these microRNAs may affect TLR pathway activation and help to develop therapeutics against inflammatory diseases...
- Rocha A, Wang L, PENICHET M, Martins Green M. Pomegranate juice and specific components inhibit cell and molecular processes critical for metastasis of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;136:647-58 pubmed publisher..Discovery that PJ and L + E + P are inhibitory of metastatic processes in breast cancer cells in addition to prostate cancer cells indicate that they are potentially a very effective treatment to prevent cancer progression in general. ..
- Mast N, Zheng W, Stout C, Pikuleva I. Antifungal Azoles: Structural Insights into Undesired Tight Binding to Cholesterol-Metabolizing CYP46A1. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:86-94 pubmed publisher..Therefore, structural understanding of the azole binding not only to CYPs 51 from the pathogenic species but also to different human P450s is required to deal efficiently with this challenge. ..
- Liu Z, Casey T, Blackburn M, Huang X, Pham L, de Vera I, et al. Pulsed EPR characterization of HIV-1 protease conformational sampling and inhibitor-induced population shifts. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:5819-31 pubmed publisher..This body of work also suggests DEER as a tool for studying conformational sampling in flexible enzymes as it relates to function. ..
- Dua A, Desai S, Johnston S, Chinapuvvula N, Wade C, Fox C, et al. The Impact of Geniculate Artery Collateral Circulation on Lower Limb Salvage Rates in Injured Patients. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;30:258-62 pubmed publisher..The geniculate arteries that are associated with the highest rates of limb salvage appear to be the superior lateral geniculate and the inferior medical geniculate artery. ..
- Chen H, Wang Y. Changes in the Neighborhood Food Store Environment and Children's Body Mass Index at Peripuberty in the United States. J Adolesc Health. 2016;58:111-8 pubmed publisher..There was no significant longitudinal finding for boys. ..
- Lindsey M, Iyer R, Jung M, DeLeon Pennell K, Ma Y. Matrix metalloproteinases as input and output signals for post-myocardial infarction remodeling. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;91:134-40 pubmed publisher..A more complete understanding of MMP roles, particularly with regards to upstream signaling roles, may provide new strategies to limit adverse LV remodeling. ..
- Yu H, Singh Gautam A, Wilmington S, Wylie D, Martinez Fonts K, Kago G, et al. Conserved Sequence Preferences Contribute to Substrate Recognition by the Proteasome. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:14526-39 pubmed publisher..These findings establish that the sequence composition of unstructured initiation sites influences protein abundance in vivo in an evolutionarily conserved manner and can affect phenotype and fitness. ..
- Anderson J, Wagovich S. Explicit and Implicit Verbal Response Inhibition in Preschool-Age Children Who Stutter. J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2017;60:836-852 pubmed publisher..CWS are less effective and efficient than CWNS in suppressing a dominant response while executing a conflicting response in the verbal domain. ..
- Blaydes S, Elmore M, Yang T, Brannan C. Analysis of murine Snrpn and human SNRPN gene imprinting in transgenic mice. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:549-55 pubmed..We found all the lines were expressed upon both maternal and paternal inheritance, regardless of copy number, suggesting that the imprinting machinery in mouse and human may have diverged. ..
- Curran A, Darnall R, Filiano J, Li A, Nattie E. Muscimol dialysis in the rostral ventral medulla reduced the CO(2) response in awake and sleeping piglets. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:971-80 pubmed
- Woods J, Heinecke E, Luecke J, Maldonado E, Ng J, Retallack D, et al. Pathogenesis of Histoplasma capsulatum. Semin Respir Infect. 2001;16:91-101 pubmed..These studies, together with the increasing ability to perform molecular genetic manipulations in this fungus, may yield novel antifungal drug or vaccine targets as well as elucidating pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Bilderback T, Lee F, Auersperg N, Rodland K. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent, MEK- independent proliferation in response to CaR activation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C282-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ERK activation cannot account for the full proliferative effect of elevated calcium in OSE cells and suggest the presence of an ERK-independent, PI3K-dependent component in the proliferative response. ..
- Campuzano K, Roque H, Bolnick A, Leo M, Campbell W. Bacterial endocarditis complicating pregnancy: case report and systematic review of the literature. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2003;268:251-5 pubmed..1% and 14.7% respectively. With persistent symptomatic lesions, delivery should be considered without regard to measures of fetal lung maturity because of high fetal mortality rates. ..
- Martin Harris B, Brodsky M, Michel Y, Ford C, Walters B, Heffner J. Breathing and swallowing dynamics across the adult lifespan. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;131:762-70 pubmed
- Villella J, Cohen S, Smith D, Hibshoosh H, Hershman D. HER-2/neu overexpression in uterine papillary serous cancers and its possible therapeutic implications. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:1897-902 pubmed..Targeting HER-2/neu may be beneficial for a select group of patients with UPSC. We are continuing to evaluate samples for HER-2/neu over expression by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). ..
- Maddineni J, Hoppensteadt D, Cornelli U, Manoni M, Fareed J. Relative neutralization of the biological actions of sulfaminoheparosans (K5 derivatives) and heparins by protamine sulfate. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2007;13:52-64 pubmed..These studies warrant further in vivo investigation to validate the relative neutralization profile of sulfaminoheparosans. ..
- Bassa B, Noh J, Ganji S, Shin M, Roh D, Kamanna V. Lysophosphatidylcholine stimulates EGF receptor activation and mesangial cell proliferation: regulatory role of Src and PKC. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1364-71 pubmed
- Sherwood T, Askwith C. Endogenous arginine-phenylalanine-amide-related peptides alter steady-state desensitization of ASIC1a. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1818-30 pubmed..Furthermore, our finding that endogenous peptides shift steady-state desensitization suggests that RF-amides could impact the role of ASIC1a in both pain and neuronal damage following stroke and ischemia. ..
- Fu Z, Chen X, Vacic V, Nan P, Zhong Y, Jiang T. MSOAR: a high-throughput ortholog assignment system based on genome rearrangement. J Comput Biol. 2007;14:1160-75 pubmed..These test results indicate that our approach is very promising for genome-wide ortholog assignment. Supplemental material and MSOAR program are available at http://msoar.cs.ucr.edu. ..