Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Japan
Publications629 found, 100 shown here
- Yabata E, Okabe S, Endo M. A prospective, randomized clinical trial of preoperative bowel preparation for elective colorectal surgery--comparison among oral, systemic, and intraoperative luminal antibacterial preparations. J Med Dent Sci. 1997;44:75-80 pubmed..Therefore, for elective colorectal surgery, we recommend intravenous infusion of second generation cephem cephmetazole with mechanical bowel preparation. ..
- Onizawa K, Okamura N, Saginoya H, Yoshida H. Characterization of autofluorescence in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2003;39:150-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the autofluorescence in oral SCC correlates with the progression of lesions, and that fluorescent substances such as protoporphyrin are produced in association with the cancerous tissue. ..
- Yoshida T, Niwano S, Inuo K, Saito J, Kojima J, Ikeda Murakami K, et al. Bepridil prevents paroxysmal atrial fibrillation by a class III antiarrhythmic drug effect. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2003;26:314-7 pubmed..Because it was more effective in smaller (functional) than larger (anatomical) reentrant circuits, the effect of bepridil was considered to be mainly attributable to a class III antiarrhythmic action. ..
- Odajima T, Sasaki Y, Tanaka N, Kato Mori Y, Asanuma H, Ikeda T, et al. Abnormal beta-catenin expression in oral cancer with no gene mutation: correlation with expression of cyclin D1 and epidermal growth factor receptor, Ki-67 labeling index, and clinicopathological features. Hum Pathol. 2005;36:234-41 pubmed..However, mutations of beta-catenin do not appear to be responsible for tumor development and abnormal expression of beta-catenin in oral cancers. ..
- Oshiro H, Ebihara Y, Serizawa H, Shimizu T, Teshima S, Kuroda M, et al. Idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis associated with immunohematological abnormalities. Am J Med. 2005;118:782-6 pubmed
- Ogata H, Tokuyama K, Nagasaka S, Ando A, Kusaka I, Sato N, et al. Long-range correlated glucose fluctuations in diabetes. Methods Inf Med. 2007;46:222-6 pubmed
- Nakasu S, Fukami T, Jito J, Matsuda M. Prognostic significance of loss of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase expression in supratentorial diffuse low-grade astrocytoma. Surg Neurol. 2007;68:603-608 pubmed publisher..In the multivariate analysis, none of these factors reached significance. Although the status of MGMT did not affect the overall survival, immunohistochemical evaluation of MGMT expression may be a good marker for tumor progression. ..
- Miyamoto W, Takao M, Komatu F, Uchio Y. Nonunion of an atypical distal fibular fracture in a 13-year-old boy and its treatment by reconstructive osteotomy: a case report. Foot Ankle Int. 2007;28:1026-9 pubmed
- Oku Y, Okada M. Periodic breathing and dysphagia associated with a localized lateral medullary infarction. Respirology. 2008;13:608-10 pubmed publisher..Polysomnography or overnight SaO(2) monitoring should be considered for patients with dysphagia due to a brainstem lesion, to investigate the possible presence of abnormal breathing. ..
- Ohara T, Kawashiri S, Tanaka A, Noguchi N, Kitahara H, Okamune A, et al. Integrin expression levels correlate with invasion, metastasis and prognosis of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2009;15:429-36 pubmed publisher..This study concludes that alpha 3, alpha 6A, and beta 1 integrin expression in cancer cells at the invasive front are related to the mode of invasion and prognosis in OSCC. ..
- Mitsuoka H, Toyohara M, Kume N, Hayashida K, Jinnai T, Tanaka M, et al. Circulating soluble SR-PSOX/CXCL16 as a biomarker for acute coronary syndrome -comparison with high-sensitivity C-reactive protein. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009;16:586-93 pubmed..sSR-PSOX/CXCL16 is a biomarker for ACS, which would provide additional diagnostic information besides TnT and sLOX-1. ..
- Sasahara T, Kizawa Y, Morita T, Iwamitsu Y, Otaki J, Okamura H, et al. Development of a standard for hospital-based palliative care consultation teams using a modified Delphi method. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2009;38:496-504 pubmed publisher..quot; This standard may be useful as a clinical activity guide as well as a method to evaluate palliative care consultation teams. ..
- Sakuraba M, Masuda K, Hebisawa A, Sagara Y, Komatsu H. Pleural effusion adenosine deaminase (ADA) level and occult tuberculous pleurisy. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;15:294-6 pubmed..Occult tuberculous pleurisy is significantly common in patients with pleural effusion ADA levels of 50 IU/L or less and who may otherwise be diagnosed with nonspecific pleurisy. ..
- Wada Y, Dell A, Haslam S, Tissot B, Canis K, Azadi P, et al. Comparison of methods for profiling O-glycosylation: Human Proteome Organisation Human Disease Glycomics/Proteome Initiative multi-institutional study of IgA1. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:719-27 pubmed publisher..In addition, mass spectrometric methodologies to analyze O-glycopeptides were also successful. ..
- Hirai H, Sootome H, Nakatsuru Y, Miyama K, Taguchi S, Tsujioka K, et al. MK-2206, an allosteric Akt inhibitor, enhances antitumor efficacy by standard chemotherapeutic agents or molecular targeted drugs in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:1956-67 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Akt inhibition may augment the efficacy of existing cancer therapeutics; thus, MK-2206 is a promising agent to treat cancer patients who receive these cytotoxic and/or molecular targeted agents. ..
- Fujii K, Iranami H, Hatano Y. Exacerbation of acetazolamide-responsive sodium channel myotonia by uterotonic agents. Int J Obstet Anesth. 2011;20:76-9 pubmed publisher..The mechanism underlying increased muscle tone in response to these drugs remains unclear. Anesthesiologists should be especially attentive to the administration of uterotonic drugs during the management of pregnant myotonia patients. ..
- Maeda H, Hanazaki K. Pancreatogenic diabetes after pancreatic resection. Pancreatology. 2011;11:268-76 pubmed publisher..Pancreatic polypeptide replacement and islet autotransplantation have potential as new approaches to treating patients with pancreatogenic diabetes after pancreatic resection. and IAP. ..
- Takasuna H, Goto T, Kakizawa Y, Miyahara T, Koyama J, Tanaka Y, et al. Use of a micromanipulator system (NeuRobot) in endoscopic neurosurgery. J Clin Neurosci. 2012;19:1553-7 pubmed publisher..NeuRobot will become a useful neurosurgical tool for dealing with lesions that are difficult to treat by conventional neuroendoscopic surgery...
- Inoue T, Kurimoto N, Furuya N, Handa H, Kida H, Nishine H, et al. New technique for endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration to improve diagnostic yield. J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol. 2013;20:28-32 pubmed publisher..The method described was investigated with the aim of avoiding puncturing the cartilage and enabling reliable tissue harvesting, as this can be expected to improve diagnostic yield...
- Nishigori N, Koyama F, Nakagawa T, Nakamura S, Ueda T, Inoue T, et al. Visualization of Lymph/Blood Flow in Laparoscopic Colorectal Cancer Surgery by ICG Fluorescence Imaging (Lap-IGFI). Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23 Suppl 2:S266-74 pubmed publisher..This helps dictate adequate lymphadenectomy and the extent of intestinal resection in Lap-CRC surgery. ..
- Ishiyama S, Nishiyama A, Saeki Y, Moritsugu K, Morimoto D, Yamaguchi L, et al. Structure of the Dnmt1 Reader Module Complexed with a Unique Two-Mono-Ubiquitin Mark on Histone H3 Reveals the Basis for DNA Methylation Maintenance. Mol Cell. 2017;68:350-360.e7 pubmed publisher..Actually, incubation of Dnmt1 with H3-K18Ub/23Ub increases its catalytic activity in vitro. Our results therefore shed light on the essential role of a unique ubiquitin-binding module in DNA methylation maintenance...
- Uto I, Ishimatsu T, Hirayama H, Ueda S, Nishi K, Tsuruta J, et al. Urinary Tamm-Horsfall protein excretion in patients with primary vesicoureteral reflux. Eur Urol. 1991;19:315-8 pubmed..The results suggested that serial measurements of urinary THP excretion and GFR by 99mTc-DTPA renal scintigraphy before and after antireflux surgery are useful for the evaluation of renal function in patients with primary VUR. ..
- Shimizu T. Stimulation of oxygen consumption of platelets by Solcoseryl and cardiocrome during in vitro aging for 5 days. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1990;53:499-501 pubmed..Application of 1 ml of SOL to 20 ml of platelet suspension stored for 1 day produced increases of 1 nmol ATP per min per 10(9) platelets. The same increases in oxygen consumption appeared after 3 or 5 day-storage. ..
- Kaul S, Wadhwa R, Matsuda Y, Hensler P, Pereira Smith O, Komatsu Y, et al. Mouse and human chromosomal assignments of mortalin, a novel member of the murine hsp70 family of proteins. FEBS Lett. 1995;361:269-72 pubmed..Similar analysis assigned the gene to chromosome 5q31.1 in human. ..
- Sasagawa N, Sorimachi H, Maruyama K, Arahata K, Ishiura S, Suzuki K. Expression of a novel human myotonin protein kinase (MtPK) cDNA clone which encodes a protein with a thymopoietin-like domain in COS cells. FEBS Lett. 1994;351:22-6 pubmed..The sequence has a significant homology to thymopoietin, a peptide hormone of the thymus. Biochemical characteristics of MtPK expressed in COS-1 cells and its expression in rat tissues are investigated. ..
- Kadota J, Matsubara Y, Ishimatsu Y, Ashida M, Abe K, Shirai R, et al. Significance of IL-1beta and IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) in patients with diffuse panbronchiolitis (DPB). Clin Exp Immunol. 1996;103:461-6 pubmed
- Tamura N, Itoh H, Ogawa Y, Nakagawa O, Harada M, Chun T, et al. cDNA cloning and gene expression of human type Ialpha cGMP-dependent protein kinase. Hypertension. 1996;27:552-7 pubmed..These findings suggest a pathophysiological implication of the type I cGK in cardiovascular diseases, including hypertension and atherosclerosis. ..
- Imamura K, Fukamiya N, Nakamura M, Okano M, Tagahara K, Lee K. Bruceanols G and H cytotoxic quassinoids from Brucea antidysenterica. J Nat Prod. 1995;58:1915-9 pubmed..Bruceanol G exhibited significant cytotoxicity against the COLO-205 and KB neoplastic cell lines with ED50 values of 0.44 and 0.55 microM, respectively. ..
- Koashi Y, Kitajima S, Schwartz R, Tsuji T. Perianal Paget's disease years after rectal adenocarcinoma removal. Dermatol Surg. 1997;23:1032-4 pubmed..Perianal Paget's disease often coincides with anorectal carcinoma, which extends into the epidermis from a contiguous organ...
- Iida F, Iida R, Kamijo H, Takaso K, Miyazaki Y, Funabashi W, et al. Chronic Japanese schistosomiasis and hepatocellular carcinoma: ten years of follow-up in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan. Bull World Health Organ. 1999;77:573-81 pubmed..The role of HBV infection in the development of hepatoma in schistosomiasis patients was not confirmed after an assay for HCVAb was included in the study. ..
- Kato N, Endo Y, Tamura G, Motoyama T. Ameloblastoma with basal cell carcinoma-like feature emerging as a nasal polyp. Pathol Int. 1999;49:747-51 pubmed..It is emphasized that immunohistochemical examination using anticytokeratin antibody KL-1 and antiepithelial antibody Ber-EP4 is a good tool for distinguishing ameloblastoma with BCC-like features from adamantinoid BCC. ..
- Nishio J, Iwasaki H, Ishiguro M, Ohjimi Y, Isayama T, Naito M, et al. Identification of syt-ssx fusion transcripts in both epithelial and spindle cell components of biphasic synovial sarcoma in small tissue samples isolated by membrane-based laser microdissection. Virchows Arch. 2001;439:152-7 pubmed..Therefore, in spite of the variable proportions of each component, our results confirm that the synovial sarcoma is of monoclonal origin. ..
- Ono A, Ueyama K, Okada A, Echigoya N, Yokoyama T, Harata S. Adult scoliosis in syringomyelia associated with Chiari I malformation. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002;27:E23-8 pubmed..In adult syringomyelia with scoliosis, the morbidity period is long, the syrinx is long, the neurologic symptoms are aggravated, and the surgical outcomes tend to be poor. ..
- Niwa T, Maekawa Y, Fujimoto M, Kishimoto K, Yabusaki Y, Ishibashi F, et al. Inhibition of human hepatic cytochrome P450s and steroidogenic CYP17 by nonylphenol. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:235-8 pubmed..These results suggest that nonylphenol inhibits human hepatic CYPs, especially CYP2C9 and CYP2C19, and steroidogenic CYP17 activities. ..
- Shimizu T, Ihara K, Maesaki R, Amano M, Kaibuchi K, Hakoshima T. Parallel coiled-coil association of the RhoA-binding domain in Rho-kinase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46046-51 pubmed..Implications derived from these structural studies in relation to the mechanism of Rho-kinase activation will be addressed with previously reported experimental data. ..
- Yamanishi T, Yasuda K, Kamai T, Tsujii T, Sakakibara R, Uchiyama T, et al. Combination of a cholinergic drug and an alpha-blocker is more effective than monotherapy for the treatment of voiding difficulty in patients with underactive detrusor. Int J Urol. 2004;11:88-96 pubmed..0005, P= 0.0176 and P= 0.0001, respectively). Combination therapy with a cholinergic drug and an alpha-blocker appears to be more useful than monotherapy for the treatment of underactive detrusor. ..
- Tateishi Y, Kawabe Y, Chiba T, Murata S, Ichikawa K, Murayama A, et al. Ligand-dependent switching of ubiquitin-proteasome pathways for estrogen receptor. EMBO J. 2004;23:4813-23 pubmed..One pathway is necessary for the transactivation of the receptor and the other is involved in the quality control of the receptor. ..
- Inoue G, Tsuchiya S, Nikaido T, Foxton R, Tagami J. Morphological and mechanical characterization of the acid-base resistant zone at the adhesive-dentin interface of intact and caries-affected dentin. Oper Dent. 2006;31:466-72 pubmed..05). It is suggested that the monomer of Clearfil SE Bond penetrated deeper than previously reported, creating a so-called "hybrid layer." However, its physical properties depended on the condition of the dentin. ..
- Uno K, Homma S, Satoh T, Nakanishi K, Abe D, Matsumoto K, et al. Tissue factor expression as a possible determinant of thromboembolism in ovarian cancer. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:290-5 pubmed..05). Tissue factor (TF) expression is a possible determinant of VTE development in ovarian cancer. In particular, clear cell carcinoma may produce excessive levels of TF and is more likely to develop VTE. ..
- Oshiro Y, Sugahara S, Noma M, Sato M, Sakakibara Y, Sakae T, et al. Proton beam therapy interference with implanted cardiac pacemakers. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008;72:723-7 pubmed publisher..PBT can result in pacemaker malfunctions that manifest as changes in pulse rate and pulse patterns. Therefore, patients with cardiac pacemakers should be monitored by means of electrocardiogram during PBT. ..
- Hashimoto W, Hamawaki M, Hashizume K, Eishi K. A patient in whom survival was achieved by acute-stage surgery for infective endocarditis complicated by a cerebral hemorrhage. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;15:257-60 pubmed..After surgery, neither exacerbation of cerebral symptoms nor recurrent IE was noted, and the patient was discharged. ..
- Takeyama Y. Long-term prognosis of acute pancreatitis in Japan. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;7:S15-7 pubmed publisher..Mortality as a result of malignant disease was not excessive in the patients with history of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Matsui A, Go Y, Niimura Y. Degeneration of olfactory receptor gene repertories in primates: no direct link to full trichromatic vision. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:1192-200 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the degeneration of OR genes in primates cannot simply be explained by the acquisition of trichromatic vision, and our sense of smell may not be inferior to other primate species. ..
- Shinozaki N, Uchino Y, Yoshikawa K, Matsutani T, Hasegawa A, Saeki N, et al. Discrimination between low-grade oligodendrogliomas and diffuse astrocytoma with the aid of 11C-methionine positron emission tomography. J Neurosurg. 2011;114:1640-7 pubmed publisher..This information contributes to preoperative differential diagnoses of histological type, especially in suspected low-grade gliomas. ..
- Sugiyama H, Onuki K, Ishige K, Baba N, Ueda T, Matsuda S, et al. Potent in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity of sorafenib against human intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma cells. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:779-89 pubmed publisher..43 days in treated and vehicle-treated mice, respectively). These results indicate that sorafenib is a potent agent that may provide a new therapeutic option for human ICC. ..
- Yamawaki H. Vascular effects of novel adipocytokines: focus on vascular contractility and inflammatory responses. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:307-10 pubmed..These novel adipocytokines may be important future targets for the development of drugs and therapy for treating metabolic vascular disorders. ..
- Kawakami F, Suzuki M, Shimada N, Kagiya G, Ohta E, Tamura K, et al. Stimulatory effect of ?-synuclein on the tau-phosphorylation by GSK-3?. FEBS J. 2011;278:4895-904 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the cellular level of Hsp70 may be a novel therapeutic target to counteract ?-SN-mediated tau phosphorylation in the initial stage of neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Tsukada T, Fushida S, Harada S, Yagi Y, Kinoshita J, Oyama K, et al. The role of human peritoneal mesothelial cells in the fibrosis and progression of gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:476-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these tumors contained HPMC-derived fibrous tissue. Thus, the epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) of HPMCs appears to drive peritoneal dissemination and tumor fibrosis. ..
- Kimura R, Komaki Yasuda K, Kawazu S, Kano S. 2-Cys peroxiredoxin of Plasmodium falciparum is involved in resistance to heat stress of the parasite. Parasitol Int. 2013;62:137-43 pubmed publisher..The hyperthermal protective function of the PfTPx-1 is obviously important for the parasite physiology in the human patient body, in which it must survive repeated incidences of fever...
- Hirota J, Shimizu S, Shibahara T. Application of West Nile virus diagnostic techniques. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2013;11:793-803 pubmed publisher..Herein, the authors outline the different diagnostic methods for detecting WNV infection as well as important considerations in using these methods. ..
- Aymerich Franch L, Ganesh G. The role of functionality in the body model for self-attribution. Neurosci Res. 2016;104:31-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that the self-attribution of an entity may be determined, not just by its physical features, but by whether the entity can afford actions that the brain has associated with the limb which it replaces. ..
- Sinh N, Endo K, Miyazawa K, Saitoh M. Ets1 and ESE1 reciprocally regulate expression of ZEB1/ZEB2, dependent on ERK1/2 activity, in breast cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:952-960 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ESE1 and Ets1, whose expressions are reciprocally regulated by the MEK-ERK pathway, define the EMT phenotype through controlling expression of ZEBs in each subtype of breast cancer cells. ..
- Nemoto Y, Namba T, Teru uchi T, Ushikubi F, Morii N, Narumiya S. A rho gene product in human blood platelets. I. Identification of the platelet substrate for botulinum C3 ADP-ribosyltransferase as rhoA protein. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:20916-20 pubmed..These results suggest that the ADP-ribosylation substrate for C3 exoenzyme in the platelet cytosol and membrane is rhoA protein and that it is the sole substrate detectable in human platelets. ..
- Shimizu N, Takeuchi Y, Naruse T, Inagaki M, Moriyama E, Gojobori T, et al. Six strains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolated in Japan and their molecular phylogeny. J Mol Evol. 1992;35:329-36 pubmed..In particular, GUN-1 and GUN-2 isolates were on the branch of a San Francisco isolate, ARV2, while GUN-5 and GUN-6 isolates were on the branch of HTLV-IIIB-related isolates. ..
- Hirota K, Matsui M, Iwata S, Nishiyama A, Mori K, Yodoi J. AP-1 transcriptional activity is regulated by a direct association between thioredoxin and Ref-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:3633-8 pubmed..This report presents an example of a cascade in cellular redox regulation. ..
- Nakano A, Kishi F, Minami K, Wakabayashi H, Nakaya Y, Kido H. Selective conversion of big endothelins to tracheal smooth muscle-constricting 31-amino acid-length endothelins by chymase from human mast cells. J Immunol. 1997;159:1987-92 pubmed..Taken together, the results suggest that trachea-constricting ETs(1-31) generated by human chymase may play a role in the hyper-responsive airway in allergic inflammation. ..
- Suzuki T, Mimuro H, Miki H, Takenawa T, Sasaki T, Nakanishi H, et al. Rho family GTPase Cdc42 is essential for the actin-based motility of Shigella in mammalian cells. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1905-20 pubmed..These results suggest that Cdc42 activity is involved in initiating actin nucleation mediated by VirG-N-WASP-Arp2/3 complex formed on intracellular Shigella. ..
- Tsuruha J, Masuko Hongo K, Kato T, Sakata M, Nakamura H, Nishioka K. Implication of cartilage intermediate layer protein in cartilage destruction in subsets of patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2001;44:838-45 pubmed..The results suggest that suppression of immune responses to various components of the cartilage, such as CILP, might be therapeutically beneficial in these chronic arthropathies. ..
- Mizumaki K, Fujiki A, Nagasawa H, Nishida K, Sakabe M, Sakurai K, et al. Relation between transverse conduction capability and the anatomy of the crista terminalis in patients with atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation: analysis by intracardiac echocardiography. Circ J. 2002;66:1113-8 pubmed..05). Therefore, the transverse conduction block of CT was more likely to occur in a thick CT. A limited transverse conduction capability of the CT is related to its thickness and might contribute to the development of typical AFL. ..
- Sakurai A, Okahashi N, Nakagawa I, Kawabata S, Amano A, Ooshima T, et al. Streptococcus pyogenes infection induces septic arthritis with increased production of the receptor activator of the NF-kappaB ligand. Infect Immun. 2003;71:6019-26 pubmed..These results suggest that GAS can colonize in the joints and induce bacterial arthritis. Local RANKL production in the infected joints may be involved in bone destruction. ..
- Takagi H, Kato T, Matsuno Y, Umeda Y, Fukumoto Y, Mori Y, et al. Aortic dissection without Marfan's syndrome in ankylosing spondylitis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2004;127:600-2 pubmed
- Harada K, Toyono M, Tamura M. Effects of coil closure of patent ductus arteriosus on left anterior descending coronary artery blood flow using transthoracic Doppler echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2004;17:659-63 pubmed..These findings provide new insights into the relationship between cardiac function and coronary circulation in pediatric patients with heart diseases associated with PDA. ..
- Ogata Y, Matono K, Nakajima M, Sasatomi T, Mizobe T, Nagase H, et al. Efficacy of the MMP inhibitor MMI270 against lung metastasis following removal of orthotopically transplanted human colon cancer in rat. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:215-21 pubmed..A beneficial effect of by early administration of MMI270 against postoperative lung metastases may be expected through inhibiting neovascularization of metastases in nude rat. ..
- Sawada T, Fujii S, Nakano H, Ohtake S, Kimata K, Habuchi O. Synthesis of sulfated phenyl 2-acetamido-2-deoxy-D-galactopyranosides. 4-O-Sulfated phenyl 2-acetamido-2-deoxy-beta-D-galactopyranoside is a competitive acceptor that decreases sulfation of chondroitin sulfate by N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfate 6-O-s. Carbohydr Res. 2005;340:1983-96 pubmed..The sulfated product derived from phenyl beta-GalNAc(4SO(4)) was identical to phenyl beta-GalNAc(4,6-SO(4)). These observations indicate that derivatives of beta-D-GalNAc(4SO(4)) are possible specific inhibitors of GalNAc4S-6ST. ..
- Shino K, Nakata K, Nakamura N, Toritsuka Y, Nakagawa S, Horibe S. Anatomically oriented anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with a bone-patellar tendon-bone graft via rectangular socket and tunnel: a snug-fit and impingement-free grafting technique. Arthroscopy. 2005;21:1402 pubmed..A snug fitting of the graft is achieved not only at the femoral socket, but also in the tibial tunnel. ..
- Tada T, Zhan H, Tanaka Y, Hongo K, Matsumoto K, Nakamura T. Intraventricular administration of hepatocyte growth factor treats mouse communicating hydrocephalus induced by transforming growth factor beta1. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;21:576-86 pubmed..These results indicate that exogenous HGF may be of utility in the treatment of hydrocephalus in humans. ..
- Fujita T, Ukyo N, Hori T, Uchiyama T. Functional characterization of OX40 expressed on human CD8+ T cells. Immunol Lett. 2006;106:27-33 pubmed..These results indicate that OX40 is induced transiently on CD8(+) T cells upon activation and its signals contribute to both clonal expansion and functional reinforcement. ..
- Yamashita S, Saenko V. Mechanisms of Disease: molecular genetics of childhood thyroid cancers. Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab. 2007;3:422-9 pubmed..Here we review results of pathological and molecular studies in childhood thyroid cancer. ..
- Kawakami T, Yamazaki M, Mizoguchi M, Soma Y. High titer of anti-phosphatidylserine-prothrombin complex antibodies in patients with cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;57:1507-13 pubmed..Clinicians need to recognize these titers to permit early accurate diagnosis and treatment. We believe that anti-PS/PT antibodies will become widely recognized as a new factor when diagnosing CPN. ..
- Tahara T, Arisawa T, Shibata T, Nakamura M, Wang F, Hirata I. COMT gene val158met polymorphism in patients with dyspeptic symptoms. Hepatogastroenterology. 2008;55:979-82 pubmed..The data suggest that the COMT genotype seems to influence the susceptibility of dyspepsia when it interacts with gender and age. The role of genetics in the development of dyspepsia needs to further evaluation. ..
- Yonekura L, Nagao A. Soluble fibers inhibit carotenoid micellization in vitro and uptake by Caco-2 cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:196-9 pubmed..Alginates, carboxy-methylcelluloses, and methylcelluloses inhibited beta-carotene uptake mainly by increasing medium viscosity, but pectins might inhibit carotenoid uptake by additional mechanisms. ..
- Nakanishi K, Shima Y. Capture of type 1 diabetes-susceptible HLA DR-DQ haplotypes in Japanese subjects using a tag single nucleotide polymorphism. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:162-4 pubmed publisher..3% and specificity of 98.9%. Typing of two tag SNPs (rs2395185 and rs3129888) may be useful for the screening of Japanese subjects at genetic risk of type 1 diabetes. ..
- Sasaki S, Fujino Y, Igarashi K, Tanabe N, Muleya C, Suzuki H. Access to a health facility and care-seeking for danger signs in children: before and after a community-based intervention in Lusaka, Zambia. Trop Med Int Health. 2010;15:312-20 pubmed publisher..However, when caregivers are properly educated about danger signs and appropriate responses through community-based intervention, this barrier can be overcome through behavioural change in caregivers. ..
- Uchida Y, Uchida Y, Kawai S, Kanamaru R, Sugiyama Y, Tomaru T, et al. Detection of vulnerable coronary plaques by color fluorescent angioscopy. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010;3:398-408 pubmed publisher..Color fluorescent angioscopy provides objective information related to coronary plaque composition and may help identify unstable plaques. ..
- Jahangir A, Ruenphet S, Hara K, Shoham D, Sultana N, Okamura M, et al. Evaluation of human intestinal epithelial differentiated cells (Caco-2) for replication, plaque formation and isolation of avian influenza viruses. J Virol Methods. 2010;169:232-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Caco-2 cells may provide an appropriate substrate for studying and cultivating AIVs. ..
- Karasuyama H, Mukai K, Obata K, Tsujimura Y, Wada T. Nonredundant roles of basophils in immunity. Annu Rev Immunol. 2011;29:45-69 pubmed publisher..We now appreciate that basophils play nonredundant roles in acquired immunity regulation, protective immunity to pathogens, and immunological disorders such as allergy and autoimmunity...
- Beppu K, Osada T, Inoue K, Matsumoto K, Shibuya T, Sakamoto N, et al. Intestinal involvement in Wegener's granulomatosis diagnosed and followed up by double balloon enteroscopy. Intern Med. 2011;50:219-22 pubmed..This case indicates the importance of considering a gastrointestinal complication of WG as the potential cause of abdominal symptoms among WG patients as well as the use of DBE in detecting such a complication...
- Igarashi Y, Akimoto T, Nukui A, Nakamura H, Kawai A, Kijima S, et al. Flank pain, nausea, vomiting and hypotension in a chronic hemodialysis patient with a spontaneous perirenal hemorrhage. Intern Med. 2013;52:2083-6 pubmed..Concerns regarding the management of the disease are also discussed. ..
- Akechi H, Stein T, Kikuchi Y, Tojo Y, Osanai H, Hasegawa T. Preferential awareness of protofacial stimuli in autism. Cognition. 2015;143:129-34 pubmed publisher..Rather, our findings suggest such sensitivity is not a sufficient condition for typical social development and that the presence of other complementary factors is necessary for the development of the social brain. ..
- Miyazu M, Kikuchi H, Hamada A, Fukushima S, Ouchi K, Bosch Castells V, et al. A Japanese study to assess immunogenicity and safety of a typhoid Vi polysaccharide vaccine. Vaccine. 2015;33:6697-702 pubmed publisher..Most of these reactions were mild in intensity and resolved within 7 days. A single dose of typhoid Vi polysaccharide vaccine, Typhim Vi(Â®), demonstrated good safety and immunogenicity profile in a Japanese population. ..
- Mandai M, Watanabe A, Kurimoto Y, Hirami Y, Morinaga C, Daimon T, et al. Autologous Induced Stem-Cell-Derived Retinal Cells for Macular Degeneration. N Engl J Med. 2017;376:1038-1046 pubmed publisher..Funded by Highway Program for Realization of Regenerative Medicine and others; University Hospital Medical Information Network Clinical Trials Registry [UMIN-CTR] number, UMIN000011929 .). ..
- Sugawara M, Condon K, Liang E, Desjardins C, Schuck E, Kusano K, et al. Eribulin shows high concentration and long retention in xenograft tumor tissues. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;80:377-384 pubmed publisher..These results might be caused by eribulin's mechanism of action including increased perfusion in tumor by vascular remodeling effect. ..
- Hashimoto R, Sugiyama T, Masahara H, Sakamoto M, Ubuka M, Maeno T. Impaired Autoregulation of Blood Flow at the Optic Nerve Head During Vitrectomy in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:125-133 pubmed publisher..0284 and P = .0381, respectively). T2DM is associated with impaired ONH blood flow autoregulation in both vascular and tissue areas when subjected to change in IOP during vitrectomy. ..
- Kato F, Ando T, Kawakami N, Mimatsu K, Iwata H. The increased signal intensity at the vertebral body endplates after chemonucleolysis demonstrated by magnetic resonance imaging. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1993;18:2276-81 pubmed..The discs, of which the contiguous end plates showed these changes, did not recover the decreased nuclear signal intensity in four patients. These changes are considered to be a sign of degenerative spondylosis in the treated segment. ..
- Wada Y, Sakamoto M. Isolation of the human phosphomannomutase gene (PMM1) and assignment to chromosome 22q13. Genomics. 1997;39:416-7 pubmed
- Harabuchi Y, Tsubota H, Ohguro S, Himi T, Asakura K, Kataura A, et al. Prognostic factors and treatment outcome in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of Waldeyer's ring. Acta Oncol. 1997;36:413-20 pubmed
- Nishikawa T, Ishikawa H, Yamamoto S, Koshihara Y. A novel calcitonin receptor gene in human osteoclasts from normal bone marrow. FEBS Lett. 1999;458:409-14 pubmed..These results provided evidence that the CTR gene cloned from human osteoclasts was expressed functionally and its coding protein was identical to MCF-7 cell CTR. ..
- Taniuchi Y, Kawasaki T, Fujimura Y. The high molecular mass, glycoprotein Ib-binding protein flavocetin-A induces only small platelet aggregates in vitro. Thromb Res. 2000;97:69-75 pubmed..Consequently, flavocetin-A may be a useful tool to study the mechanism of GPIb-mediated platelet activation and the structure-function relationships of GPIb. ..
- Koyanagi Y, Kobayashi D, Yajima T, Asanuma K, Kimura T, Sato T, et al. Telomerase activity is down regulated via decreases in hTERT mRNA but not TEP1 mRNA or hTERC during the differentiation of leukemic cells. Anticancer Res. 2000;20:773-8 pubmed..7-fold at 5 days after treatment. These results suggest that telomerase activity is down-regulated mainly via decreases in hTERT, but not TEP1 and hTERC expression during the differentiation of leukemic cells. ..