Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Japan
Publications218 found, 100 shown here
- Harada K, Nakanuma Y. Biliary innate immunity in the pathogenesis of biliary diseases. Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2010;9:83-90 pubmed..Biliary innate immunity is associated with the pathogenesis of various cholangiopathies in biliary diseases as well as biliary defense systems...
- Shimizu Y, Yamazaki H, Yoshida S, Yonekura M, Kouzuma Y. Molecular cloning, functional expression, and characterization of isolectin genes of hemolytic lectin CEL-III from the marine invertebrate Cucumaria echinata. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76:276-82 pubmed..These results suggest that Tyr36 of CEL-III-L2 is important for the expression of hemolytic activity and oligomerization...
- Jiang Y, Maeda M, Okamoto M, Fujii M, Fukutomi R, Hori M, et al. Centrosomal localization of RhoGDI? and its relevance to mitotic processes in cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:460-8 pubmed publisher..The dysregulated expression of RhoGDI? may contribute to cancer progression by disrupting these processes. ..
- Esposito G, Nakazawa J, Venuti P, Bornstein M. Componential deconstruction of infant distress vocalizations via tree-based models: a study of cry in autism spectrum disorder and typical development. Res Dev Disabil. 2013;34:2717-24 pubmed publisher..We also found that the length of the pauses, more than the number of utterances or fundamental frequency, determines listeners' negative perceptions. Implications for early caregiver-child interactions are discussed. ..
- Coleman R, Brady M, Herzog T, Sabbatini P, Armstrong D, Walker J, et al. Bevacizumab and paclitaxel-carboplatin chemotherapy and secondary cytoreduction in recurrent, platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer (NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group study GOG-0213): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:779-791 pubmed publisher..National Cancer Institute and Genentech. ..
- Ferry L, Fournier A, Tsusaka T, Adelmant G, Shimazu T, Matano S, et al. Methylation of DNA Ligase 1 by G9a/GLP Recruits UHRF1 to Replicating DNA and Regulates DNA Methylation. Mol Cell. 2017;67:550-565.e5 pubmed publisher..These results further elucidate the function of UHRF1, identify a non-histone target of G9a and GLP, and provide an example of a histone mimic that coordinates DNA replication and DNA methylation maintenance. ..
- Izuhara M, Takamune K, Takata R. Cloning and sequencing of an Escherichia coli K12 gene which encodes a polypeptide having similarity to the human ferritin H subunit. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;225:510-3 pubmed..The amino acid sequence deduced from the nucleotide sequence exhibited a remarkable similarity to that of the human ferritin H chain. ..
- Yasuda T, Nadano D, Takeshita H, Kishi K. Two distinct secretory ribonucleases from human cerebrum: purification, characterization and relationships to other ribonucleases. Biochem J. 1993;296 ( Pt 3):617-25 pubmed..Two RNAases corresponding to HB-1 and HB-2 were identified in fresh cerebrospinal fluid. ..
- Minami M, Maruyama W, Dostert P, Nagatsu T, Naoi M. Inhibition of type A and B monoamine oxidase by 6,7-dihydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolines and their N-methylated derivatives. J Neural Transm Gen Sect. 1993;92:125-35 pubmed..Types of inhibition of type A monoamine oxidase depended on the enzyme sources. Inhibition of monoamine oxidase by 6,7-dihydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolines is discussed in relation to their chemical structures. ..
- Kaneko N, Matsuda R, Hosoda S, Kajita T, Ohta Y. Measurement of plasma annexin V by ELISA in the early detection of acute myocardial infarction. Clin Chim Acta. 1996;251:65-80 pubmed..The values in liver disease patients and trauma patients were 3.7 +/- 2.7 (P < 0.05) and 3.3 +/- 2.4 (P < 0.05) ng/ml, respectively, being slightly higher than that in normal healthy individuals. ..
- Yonemori K, Imamura T, Ishidou Y, Okano T, Matsunaga S, Yoshida H, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein receptors and activin receptors are highly expressed in ossified ligament tissues of patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament. Am J Pathol. 1997;150:1335-47 pubmed..The high expression of BMPRs and ActRs in the ectopic ossified ligament suggests that BMPs and activin may be tightly involved in the pathological ossification process of OPLL. ..
- Takada I, Yu R, Xu H, Lambert M, Montana V, Kliewer S, et al. Alteration of a single amino acid in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR alpha) generates a PPAR delta phenotype. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:733-40 pubmed
- Kamada A, Saga K, Jimbow K. Apoeccrine sweat duct obstruction as a cause for Fox-Fordyce disease. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003;48:453-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that Fox-Fordyce disease can occur by the mechanism in which apoeccrine secretory cells obstruct sweat ducts. ..
- Fukushima S, Hatta N. Atypical moles in a patient undergoing chemotherapy with oral 5-fluorouracil prodrug. Br J Dermatol. 2004;151:698-700 pubmed..Our findings suggested that immunosuppression and 5-FU led to the development of the atypical pigmented lesions. ..
- Baba K, Haketa T, Sasaki Y, Ohyama T, Clark G. Association between masseter muscle activity levels recorded during sleep and signs and symptoms of temporomandibular disorders in healthy young adults. J Orofac Pain. 2005;19:226-31 pubmed..None of the other independent variables were found to be related to any of the muscle activity variables. The results suggest that both gender and clicking are significantly related to duration of masseter EMG activity during sleep. ..
- Matsui J, Yamamoto Y, Funahashi Y, Tsuruoka A, Watanabe T, Wakabayashi T, et al. E7080, a novel inhibitor that targets multiple kinases, has potent antitumor activities against stem cell factor producing human small cell lung cancer H146, based on angiogenesis inhibition. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:664-71 pubmed..E7080 may provide therapeutic benefits in the treatment of SCF-producing tumors. ..
- Takemura Y, Ikeda M, Kobayashi K, Nakazawa Y, Mori Y, Mitsuishi T, et al. Plasma cell leukemia producing monoclonal immunoglobulin E. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:402-406 pubmed publisher..He died of tumor progression after 4-month admission. The clinical and biological characteristics of IgE-producing PCL, a very rare type of plasma cell dyscrasia, are discussed, reviewing the past literature. ..
- Yokoyama K, Murata T, Pan J, Nakade K, Kishikawa S, Ugai H, et al. Genetic materials at the gene engineering division, RIKEN BioResource Center. Exp Anim. 2010;59:115-24 pubmed..Training courses are also given to transfer the technology for handling viral vectors. RIKEN BRC supports scientists around the world in the use of valuable genetic materials. ..
- Esposito G, Nakazawa J, Venuti P, Bornstein M. Perceptions of distress in young children with autism compared to typically developing children: a cultural comparison between Japan and Italy. Res Dev Disabil. 2012;33:1059-67 pubmed publisher..The similar responses in adults from two contrasting societies constitute evidence that reactions to cries of children with AD might be universal. ..
- Izumi M, Ikeuchi M, Ji Q, Tani T. Local ASIC3 modulates pain and disease progression in a rat model of osteoarthritis. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, early administration of APETx2 prevented cartilage damage. APETx2 is a novel, promising drug for OA by relieving pain and inhibiting disease progression. ..
- Tsuyuki S, Fukui S, Watanabe A, Akune S, Tanabe M, Yoshida K. Delphinidin induces autolysosome as well as autophagosome formation and delphinidin-induced autophagy exerts a cell protective role. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2012;26:445-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the cytotoxicity induced by delphinidin was accompanied by autophagy and delphinidin-induced autophagy exerted a cell protective role. ..
- Matsuda T, Horikawa K, Saito K, Nagai T. Highlighted Ca²? imaging with a genetically encoded 'caged' indicator. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1398 pubmed publisher..This technology can be applied for developing other photoactivatable indicators, thereby opening a new area of biological research. ..
- Cui Y, Liu X, Zhang W, Lin H, Ohwada T, Ido K, et al. The synthesis and BK channel-opening activity of N-acylaminoalkyloxime derivatives of dehydroabietic acid. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:283-287 pubmed publisher..This research could guide the design and synthesis of novel abietane-based BK channel opener. ..
- Nishi H, Kimura A, Harada H, Adachi K, Koga Y, Sasazuki T, et al. Possible gene dose effect of a mutant cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain gene on the clinical expression of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;200:549-56 pubmed..These observations suggest a gene-dose-like effect of the mutant cardiac beta myosin heavy chain gene on the clinical manifestation of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Kojima M, Wakai K, Kawamura T, Tamakoshi A, Aoki R, Lin Y, et al. Sleep patterns and total mortality: a 12-year follow-up study in Japan. J Epidemiol. 2000;10:87-93 pubmed..89). These findings were almost unchanged after adjustment for sleep duration and other confounders. Poor self-reported quality of sleep seemed to be associated with an increased risk of mortality independently of sleep duration...
- Huang L, Yoneda M, Kimata K. A serum-derived hyaluronan-associated protein (SHAP) is the heavy chain of the inter alpha-trypsin inhibitor. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:26725-30 pubmed..NH2-terminal sequences of the fragments suggested the participation of the COOH-terminal half of ITI with an amphipathic alpha helix structure in the HA binding. ..
- Ushizawa K, Takahashi T, Hosoe M, Kaneyama K, Hashizume K. Cloning and expression of two new prolactin-related proteins, prolactin-related protein-VIII and -IX, in bovine placenta. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:68 pubmed..Their different temporal and spatial expressions suggest a different role for these genes in bovine placenta during gestation. ..
- Nakashima H, Fujimoto M, Asashima N, Watanabe R, Kuwano Y, Yazawa N, et al. Serum chemokine profile in patients with bullous pemphigoid. Br J Dermatol. 2007;156:454-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that an elaborately orchestrated network of chemokines, especially MCP-1 and IP-10, contributes to the pathomechanism of BP. ..
- Tanaka M, Fukuda S, Mizuno K, Imai Matsumura K, Jodoi T, Kawatani J, et al. Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Chalder Fatigue Scale among youth in Japan. Psychol Rep. 2008;103:682-90 pubmed..The reliability (alpha) and construct validity of the Japanese version of the scale among healthy students in Japan were satisfactory for research studies among healthy school students. ..
- Tsugawa C, Kimura K, Nishijima E, Muraji T, Yamaguchi M. Diaphragmatic eventration in infants and children: is conservative treatment justified?. J Pediatr Surg. 1997;32:1643-4 pubmed..This study suggests that symptomatic patients who have diaphragmatic eventration should be operated on immediately with an expected dramatic resolution of their respiratory problems. ..
- Monzen Y, Hirai N, Nishisaka T, Hayashi K. MR imaging of synovial sarcoma arising from the floor of the mouth: a case report. Radiat Med. 2001;19:47-50 pubmed..Preoperative MR imaging findings of the tumor reflected the macroscopic findings of the resected mass. MR imaging findings were helpful in the diagnosis of this malignancy. ..
- Suzuki Y, Ueda H, Toribe Y. [Proton MR spectroscopy of nonketotic hyperglycinemia]. No To Hattatsu. 2001;33:422-5 pubmed..Our findings suggest that MRS is a noninvasive diagnostic tool useful in monitoring the brain glycine level directly in patients with nonketotic hyperglycinemia...
- Yamamoto Y, Ibusuki M, Nakano M, Kawasoe T, Hiki R, Iwase H. Clinical significance of basal-like subtype in triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer. 2009;16:260-7 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to develop a novel treatment strategy to improve the prognosis of patients with basal-like subtype of triple-negative breast cancer. ..
- Itoh Y, Yamada M. Cerebral amyloid angiopathy in the elderly: the clinicopathological features, pathogenesis, and risk factors. J Med Dent Sci. 1997;44:11-9 pubmed..Finally, the severity of CAA did not seem to be influenced by the inheritance of the epsilon 4 allele of the apolipoprotein E gene, which is known as a risk factor for dementia of the Alzheimer type. ..
- Iwaki H, Kageyama S, Isono T, Wakabayashi Y, Okada Y, Yoshimura K, et al. Diagnostic potential in bladder cancer of a panel of tumor markers (calreticulin, gamma -synuclein, and catechol-o-methyltransferase) identified by proteomic analysis. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:955-61 pubmed..Our study suggests that use of this panel of markers will improve the diagnosis of bladder cancer and may allow the development of a protein microarray assay or multi-channel enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. ..
- Bhuiyan M, Ishiguro M, Hossain M, Nakamura T, Ozaki M, Miura S, et al. Binding sites of valsartan, candesartan and losartan with angiotensin II receptor 1 subtype by molecular modeling. Life Sci. 2009;85:136-40 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with the data of the radioligand-binding studies of the antagonists with the AT(1) receptor. ..
- Fujitani Y, Aritake K, Kanaoka Y, Goto T, Takahashi N, Fujimori K, et al. Pronounced adipogenesis and increased insulin sensitivity caused by overproduction of prostaglandin D2 in vivo. FEBS J. 2010;277:1410-9 pubmed publisher..The present study provides the first evidence that PGD(2) participates in the differentiation of adipocytes and in insulin sensitivity in vivo, and the H-PGDS TG mice could constitute a novel model mouse for diabetes studies. ..
- Akiba S. Epidemiological studies of Fukushima residents exposed to ionising radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant prefecture--a preliminary review of current plans. J Radiol Prot. 2012;32:1-10 pubmed publisher..The help of international colleagues will be invaluable for overcoming those problems. In this paper, these efforts are briefly summarised and some comments are made. ..
- Shinohara Y, Magara H, Baba S. Stereoselective pharmacokinetics and inversion of suprofen enantiomers in humans. J Pharm Sci. 1991;80:1075-8 pubmed
- Mori K, Harada M, Kuroda Y. Twisted atrioventricular valves in double inlet left ventricle. Cardiol Young. 2002;12:401-3 pubmed
- Ishiyama K, Chuhjo T, Wang H, Yachie A, Omine M, Nakao S. Polyclonal hematopoiesis maintained in patients with bone marrow failure harboring a minor population of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria-type cells. Blood. 2003;102:1211-6 pubmed..026). These results suggest that AA and RA with a minor population of PNH-type cells are benign types of BM failure with immune pathophysiology that have little relationship to clonal disorders such as RAEB or acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Imai T, Okada H, Nanba M, Kawada K, Kusaka T, Itoh S. Ethosuximide induced agranulocytosis. Brain Dev. 2003;25:522-4 pubmed..A drug-induced lymphocyte stimulation test was useful for diagnosis in this case, showing a positive reaction only for ethosuximide. ..
- Koshima I, Narushima M, Mihara M, Yamamoto T, Hara H, Ohshima A, et al. Lymphadiposal Flaps and Lymphaticovenular Anastomoses for Severe Leg Edema: Functional Reconstruction for Lymph Drainage System. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2016;32:50-5 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that lymphadiposal flap or lymph nodes transfer is suitable for severe edema having frequent cellulitis in unilateral or bilateral lower extremities resisting previous LV anastomoses and/or compression therapy. ..
- Kobayashi M, Iwamatsu A, Shinohara Kanda A, Ihara S, Fukui Y. Activation of ErbB3-PI3-kinase pathway is correlated with malignant phenotypes of adenocarcinomas. Oncogene. 2003;22:1294-301 pubmed..Taken together, activation of ErbB3 pathway may contribute to the development of dedifferentiated carcinomas. ..
- Okamura H, Katabuchi H, Ohba T. What we have learned from isolated cells from human ovary?. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;202:37-45 pubmed..Further investigations of our immortalized OSE and granulosa cells of humans will allow us to clarify whether they have a single progenitor cell. ..
- Sadaoka K, Okamoto S, Gomi Y, Tanimoto T, Ishikawa T, Yoshikawa T, et al. Measurement of varicella-zoster virus (VZV)-specific cell-mediated immunity: comparison between VZV skin test and interferon-gamma enzyme-linked immunospot assay. J Infect Dis. 2008;198:1327-33 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the skin test and ELISPOT assay are both reliable for assessing CMI to VZV and can easily be applied to screen individuals susceptible to the development of herpes zoster. ..
- Sekigawa M, Kunoh T, Wada S, Mukai Y, Ohshima K, Ohta S, et al. Comprehensive screening of human genes with inhibitory effects on yeast growth and validation of a yeast cell-based system for screening chemicals. J Biomol Screen. 2010;15:368-78 pubmed publisher..The actions of one group are exerted through direct interactions with the human proteins, whereas those of the other group are mediated through interactions with chaperones. ..
- Akiyama S, Endo H, Inohara N, Ohta S, Kagawa Y. Gene structure and cell type-specific expression of the human ATP synthase alpha subunit. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1219:129-40 pubmed..The enhancer activities derived from the 5'-deletion mutants of a hATP1-CAT chimeric gene were different in cell lines from four different human tissues, suggesting the existence of cell type-specific gene regulation. ..
- Kozu T, Miyoshi H, Shimizu K, Maseki N, Kaneko Y, Asou H, et al. Junctions of the AML1/MTG8(ETO) fusion are constant in t(8;21) acute myeloid leukemia detected by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Blood. 1993;82:1270-6 pubmed..Because the PCR detection of the AML1/MTG8(ETO) fusion at the RNA level is highly sensitive, it can be used as a sensitive method for diagnosis and detection of minimal residual disease in t(8;21) leukemia. ..
- Matsuoka H, Iwata N, Ito M, Shimoyama M, Nagata A, Chihara K, et al. Expression of a kinase-defective Eph-like receptor in the normal human brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:487-92 pubmed..HEP is the first description of a kinase-defective Eph-family protein expressed abundantly in normal human tissues. ..
- Abe F, Nagafuji S, Yamauchi T, Okabe H, Maki J, Higo H, et al. Trypanocidal constituents in plants 1. Evaluation of some Mexican plants for their trypanocidal activity and active constituents in Guaco, roots of Aristolochia taliscana. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:1188-91 pubmed..Corresponding concentration of gossypol, berberine chloride and harmine was 280 microg/ml, 300 microg/ml and >500 microg/ml, respectively. ..
- An H, Miyamoto T. Cloning and sequencing of plasmid pLC494 isolated from human intestinal Lactobacillus casei: construction of an Escherichia coli-Lactobacillus shuttle vector. Plasmid. 2006;55:128-34 pubmed..Transformation of several lactic acid bacteria with the vector pJLE4942 indicated that this vector might be useful as a genetic tool for the intestinal lactobacilli. ..
- Bloom D, Perkins J, Manning S. Management of lymphatic malformations and macroglossia: results of a national treatment survey. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2009;73:1114-8 pubmed publisher..While providing insight into treatment patterns, this survey also helps to elucidate the need for multicenter trials for treatment of LM to develop a standard of care that can be recommended based on evidence based medicine rather. ..
- Sugiura Y, Sugiura T. Emotional intensity reduces later generalized anxiety disorder symptoms when fear of anxiety and negative problem-solving appraisal are low. Behav Res Ther. 2015;71:27-33 pubmed publisher..g., emotional exposure). The interaction between responsibility to continue thinking and emotional intensity requires further examination. ..
- Igarashi Y, Tamura Y, Suzuki K, Tanabe Y, Yamaguchi T, Fujita T, et al. Coronary artery spasm is a major cause of sudden cardiac arrest in survivors without underlying heart disease. Coron Artery Dis. 1993;4:177-85 pubmed..Coronary spasm was involved in the pathogenesis of sudden cardiac arrest in survivors without identifiable underlying heart disease. ..
- Ueda M, Nakagawa K, Hayashi K, Shimizu R, Ichihashi M. Partial improvement of Olmsted syndrome with etretinate. Pediatr Dermatol. 1993;10:376-81 pubmed..Because of periosteal thickening of the tibia, presumably caused by etretinate, therapy was terminated one year after it began. ..
- Adachi T, Yamada H, Yamada Y, Morihara N, Yamazaki N, Murakami T, et al. Substitution of glycine for arginine-213 in extracellular-superoxide dismutase impairs affinity for heparin and endothelial cell surface. Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 1):235-9 pubmed..This result suggests that the binding of m-EC-SOD to vascular endothelial cells is much decreased in vivo, which causes a high level of serum EC-SOD. ..
- Jiang C, Shoji K, Matsuki R, Baba A, Inagaki N, Ban H, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel importin alpha homologue from rice, by which constitutive photomorphogenic 1 (COP1) nuclear localization signal (NLS)-protein is preferentially nuclear imported. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9322-9 pubmed..These data suggest that each of the different rice importin alpha proteins carry distinct groups of nuclear proteins, such that multiple isoforms of importin alpha contribute to the regulation of plant nuclear protein transport. ..
- Serizawa M, Nabika T, Ochiai Y, Takahashi K, Yamaguchi S, Makaya M, et al. Association between PRKCH gene polymorphisms and subcortical silent brain infarction. Atherosclerosis. 2008;199:340-5 pubmed publisher..0026 for AA+AG vs. GG, adjusted odds ratio=1.27; 95% CI, 1.09-1.48). As the two SNPs appear to be common only in Asian people, further replication study is warranted in the other Asian populations as well as the Japanese. ..
- Sagane K, Sugimoto H, Akaike A. Biological characterization of ADAM22 variants reveals the importance of a disintegrin domain sequence in cell surface expression. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2010;30:72-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide valuable information for mutation screening of the ADAM22 gene in patients suffering from epilepsy or demyelinating diseases. ..
- Murakami T, Atsumi T, Maeda S, Tanase S, Ishikawa K, Mita S, et al. A novel transthyretin mutation at position 30 (Leu for Val) associated with familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;187:397-403 pubmed..As the mutation creates a Cfr13I site, it was confirmed by PCR and restriction analysis. Our finding indicates the importance of position 30 in TTR-derived amyloid fibril formation. ..
- Sawada R, Ohashi K, Anaguchi H, Okazaki H, Hattori M, Minato N, et al. Isolation and expression of the full-length cDNA encoding CD59 antigen of human lymphocytes. DNA Cell Biol. 1990;9:213-20 pubmed..DNA blot hybridization analysis revealed a rather simple genomic structure, which suggested a single gene as compared with the complex multigene family of murine Ly-6. ..
- Yamamoto M, Jimbo M, Ide M, Tanaka N, Umebara Y, Hagiwara S. Penetration of intravenous antibiotics into brain abscesses. Neurosurgery. 1993;33:44-9 pubmed..A tendency for LMOX concentrations in pus obtained after single dose-administration to decrease with increasing duration from symptom onset to sampling was observed but was not statistically significant.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Okajima K, Abe H, Maeda S, Motomura M, Tsujihata M, Nagataki S, et al. Antithrombin III Nagasaki (Ser116-Pro): a heterozygous variant with defective heparin binding associated with thrombosis. Blood. 1993;81:1300-5 pubmed..The name AT III Nagasaki is proposed for this variant AT III containing a novel Ser116-Pro mutation. ..
- Tazawa R, Hamano E, Arai T, Ohta H, Ishimoto O, Uchida K, et al. Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and lung immunity in pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;171:1142-9 pubmed..Our study shows that GM-CSF administration engenders a decrease in the neutralizing capacity against the protein in the lungs. Thereby, it facilitates restoration of the normal function of alveolar macrophages. ..
- Fujimoto T, Nanjyo H, Nakamura A, Yokoyama Y, Takano T, Shoji T, et al. Para-aortic lymphadenectomy may improve disease-related survival in patients with multipositive pelvic lymph node stage IIIc endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;107:253-9 pubmed..A large prospective clinical trial needs to be conducted to establish the strategy of PAN adenectomy before or intra-operative treatment. ..
- Iroi A, Okuma Y, Fukae J, Fujishima K, Goto K, Mizuno Y. [Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis presented with alexia of kanji and word meaning aphasia]. No To Shinkei. 2002;54:903-7 pubmed..Our patient appeared to meet the clinical criteria for frontotemporal degeneration of motor neuron disease type, and is the first case of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis showing alexia of kanji and word meaning aphasia...
- Nagasawa H, Okumura N, Uchiyama A, Wakazomo A, Ichihashi H. [XYY male with total anomalous pulmonary venous return and short stature]. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2003;79:87-90 pubmed..To report a case of a 47 XYY male neonate with congenital heart disease and short stature...
- Kim J, Irie A, Tsukamoto H, Nishimura Y. A role of kinase inactive ZAP-70 in altered peptide ligand stimulated T cell activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:19-27 pubmed
- Dewi B, Takasaki T, Kurane I. Peripheral blood mononuclear cells increase the permeability of dengue virus-infected endothelial cells in association with downregulation of vascular endothelial cadherin. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:642-52 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that functional impairment of the DV-2-infected HUVEC monolayer was caused by interaction with PBMCs. ..
- Ohnishi K, Irie K, Murakami A. In vitro covalent binding proteins of zerumbone, a chemopreventive food factor. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1905-7 pubmed..7 macrophages. Using the ZER-bound Sepharose gel, it appeared ZER was covalently bound to proteins, Keap1 and HuR, that play key roles in these molecular mechanisms. ..
- Kageyama T. Rabbit procathepsin E and cathepsin E. Nucleotide sequence of cDNA, hydrolytic specificity for biologically active peptides and gene expression during development. Eur J Biochem. 1993;216:717-28 pubmed..The enzyme may also regulate the physiological activities of adult tissues which are mediated by substance P and related tachykinins. ..
- Sugita Y, Shigemori M, Harada H, Wada Y, Hayashi I, Morimastu M, et al. Primary meningeal sarcomas with leiomyoblastic differentiation: a proposal for a new subtype of primary meningeal sarcomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2000;24:1273-8 pubmed..With consideration of previous publications on primary meningeal sarcoma, these cases are the first reported primary meningeal sarcoma with leiomyoblastic and meningothelial differentiation...
- Kitawaki J, Koshiba H, Ishihara H, Kusuki I, Tsukamoto K, Honjo H. Progesterone induction of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 during the secretory phase occurs in the endometrium of estrogen-dependent benign diseases but not in normal endometrium. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:3292-6 pubmed
- Yonemori T, Karibe H, Matsuno F, Honmou O, Minamida Y, Uede T, et al. [111In-DTPA cisterno SPECT for the diagnosis of CSF rhinorrhea: case report]. No Shinkei Geka. 2002;30:617-21 pubmed..These results suggest that cisterno SPECT may be useful in identifying the precise location of CSF fistulae, while other techniques fail to show evidence of CSF leakage. ..
- Okayama S, Uemura S, Sugimoto H, Enomoto S, Onoue K, Omori S, et al. Dual gradient-echo in-phase and opposed-phase magnetic resonance imaging to evaluate lipomatous metaplasia in patients with old myocardial infarction. Magn Reson Med Sci. 2010;9:85-9 pubmed..The areas of lipomatous metaplasia measured by IPOP-MRI with ECG gating correlated well with those areas on black-blood T(1)-weighted imaging (r=0.82, P<0.0001, mean bias-0.29 cm(2), limit of agreement+/-2.06 cm(2)). ..
- Origasa H, Goto S, Shimada K, Uchiyama S, Okada Y, Sugano K, et al. Prospective cohort study of gastrointestinal complications and vascular diseases in patients taking aspirin: rationale and design of the MAGIC Study. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2011;25:551-60 pubmed publisher..It may also report that use of anti-secretory agents such as proton pump inhibitors reduces the risk of such complications. ..
- Furukawa K, Preston D, Funamoto S, Yonehara S, Ito M, Tokuoka S, et al. Long-term trend of thyroid cancer risk among Japanese atomic-bomb survivors: 60 years after exposure. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1222-6 pubmed publisher..While the magnitude of the excess risk has decreased with increasing attained age or time since exposure, the excess thyroid cancer risk associated with childhood exposure has persisted for >50 years after exposure. ..
- Okumura T, Boku N, Hishida T, Ohde Y, Sakao Y, Yoshiya K, et al. Surgical Outcome and Prognostic Stratification for Pulmonary Metastasis From Colorectal Cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:979-987 pubmed publisher..Patients could be classified into three risk groups using five prognostic factors. This grouping may be useful for identifying an optimal treatment strategy according to risk in future studies. ..
- Kitawaki J, Yamamoto T, Okada H. Induction of estradiol dehydrogenase activity in human uterine endometrium by synthetic steroids. J Endocrinol Invest. 1988;11:351-4 pubmed
- Shintani Y, Aoki H, Nishihara M, Ohno S, Furusho A, Hiromatsu S, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor promotes an anti-inflammatory cytokine profile in human abdominal aortic aneurysm tissue. Atherosclerosis. 2011;216:307-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors may be useful in controlling chronic inflammation in AAA, partly due to their enhancement of HGF secretion. ..
- Nagai Y, Iwade Y, Hayakawa E, Nakano M, Sakai T, Tanuma M, et al. Molecular genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Mie Prefecture, Japan, using variable numbers of tandem repeats analysis. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2012;65:341-4 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest that JATA-VNTR is a useful tool for discrimination of M. tuberculosis in areas where ancient Beijing strains are frequently isolated. ..
- Kubota K, Furuse K, Kawaguchi T, Kawahara M, Ogawara M, Yamamoto S. A case of long-term survival with stage IV small cell lung cancer and early-stage central-type squamous cell lung cancer treated by photodynamic therapy. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 1999;29:45-8 pubmed..This is a rare case of long-term survival with stage IV small cell lung cancer and early-stage central-type squamous cell lung cancer successfully treated by photodynamic therapy. ..
- Mizoguchi H, Sakaki M, Kitabayashi K, Shibamoto A, Araki K, Ohtake S. Two cases of transthoracic pericardial fenestration for pericardial effusion. Osaka City Med J. 2012;58:39-44 pubmed..In this paper, we present our experience of pericardial fenestration and discuss a review of the literature. ..
- Ji Y, Matsushita M, Okada H, Fujita T, Kawakami M. The C4 and C2 but not C1 components of complement are responsible for the complement activation triggered by the Ra-reactive factor. J Immunol. 1988;141:4271-5 pubmed..Activities of C4 and C2 remained on the sensitized cells even after washing the cells, suggesting that the classical C3 convertase, C4b2a, is generated on the RaRF-sensitized ELPS. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Watanabe S, Ishii G, Takeda S, Nakayama K, Fukumoto S, et al. Interleukin-11 as a stimulatory factor for bone formation prevents bone loss with advancing age in mice. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49011-8 pubmed..These results indicate that IL-11 is a stimulatory factor for osteoblastogenesis and bone formation to conserve cortical bone, possibly by enhancing BMP actions in bone. IL-11 may be a new therapeutic target for senile osteoporosis. ..
- Tsuchiya N, Satoh S, Tada H, Li Z, Ohyama C, Sato K, et al. Influence of CYP3A5 and MDR1 (ABCB1) polymorphisms on the pharmacokinetics of tacrolimus in renal transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2004;78:1182-7 pubmed
- Sakamaki Y, Kido T, Tori M, Nakahara M, Tsujimoto M. Metastatic somatostatinoma of the chest wall. Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;53:266-8 pubmed..Our case represents a rare documentation of somatostatinoma metastatic to the chest wall for which complete resection was performed...
- Wada T, Fujisaki T, Satoh H, Takahashi S. Endolymphatic sac tumor located around semicircular canals. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2006;33:173-7 pubmed..ELSTs seem to have an osteolytic or osteophilic nature, by examining patterns of tumor infiltration...