Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Italy
Publications1362 found, 100 shown here
- Quaglio G, Lugoboni F, Fornasiero A, Lechi A, Gerra G, Mezzelani P. Dependence on zolpidem: two case reports of detoxification with flumazenil infusion. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2005;20:285-7 pubmed
- De Palma C, Meacci E, Perrotta C, Bruni P, Clementi E. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase activation by tumor necrosis factor alpha through neutral sphingomyelinase 2, sphingosine kinase 1, and sphingosine 1 phosphate receptors: a novel pathway relevant to the pathophysiology of endothelium. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:99-105 pubmed..This study establishes a previously undescribed link among TNF-alpha, Sph1P, and eNOS in a same signaling pathway of biological relevance in the process of endothelial cell activation by TNF-alpha. ..
- Bernardini F, de Conciliis C, Devoto M. Mini-invasive ptosis surgery. Orbit. 2006;25:111-5 pubmed..We believe that, in a selected group of patients, a less invasive approach with an upper lid skin incision of only 0.8 cm is equally effective for the final result and offers several advantages compared to the traditional technique...
- Archondakis E, Pero G, Valvassori L, Boccardi E, Scialfa G. Angiographic follow-up of traumatic carotid cavernous fistulas treated with endovascular stent graft placement. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007;28:342-7 pubmed..When standard treatments fail, covered stent grafts can be used as a valid alternative in the treatment of CCFs, but more data are needed, especially in the long-term follow-up. ..
- Rusconi R, Scalmani P, Cassulini R, Giunti G, Gambardella A, Franceschetti S, et al. Modulatory proteins can rescue a trafficking defective epileptogenic Nav1.1 Na+ channel mutant. J Neurosci. 2007;27:11037-46 pubmed..Interacting drugs may be used to rescue the mutant in vivo. ..
- Marchi S, Rimessi A, Giorgi C, Baldini C, Ferroni L, Rizzuto R, et al. Akt kinase reducing endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ release protects cells from Ca2+-dependent apoptotic stimuli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:501-5 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a primary role of Akt in shaping intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis, that may underlie its protective role against some proapoptotic stimuli. ..
- van Stralen K, Stel V, Reitsma J, Dekker F, Zoccali C, Jager K. Diagnostic methods I: sensitivity, specificity, and other measures of accuracy. Kidney Int. 2009;75:1257-1263 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is not sufficient to determine the accuracy of a single test; one also needs to determine its additional value to the patient's diagnosis, treatment, or outcome as part of a diagnostic strategy. ..
- Palmieri D, Valli M, Viglio S, Ferrari N, Ledda B, Volta C, et al. Osteoblasts extracellular matrix induces vessel like structures through glycosylated collagen I. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:789-99 pubmed publisher..These data support that post-translational glycosylation has a role in the induction in endothelial cells in vitro of molecules conductive to self-organization in vessels-like structures. ..
- Cacchio A, Rompe J, Furia J, Susi P, Santilli V, de Paulis F. Shockwave therapy for the treatment of chronic proximal hamstring tendinopathy in professional athletes. Am J Sports Med. 2011;39:146-53 pubmed publisher..001). There were no serious complications in the SWT group. Shockwave therapy is a safe and effective treatment for patients with chronic proximal hamstring tendinopathy. ..
- Malinverno M, Carta M, Epis R, Marcello E, Verpelli C, Cattabeni F, et al. Synaptic localization and activity of ADAM10 regulate excitatory synapses through N-cadherin cleavage. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16343-55 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a key role for ADAM10 in the complex sequence of events through which N-cadherin affects spine maturation and controls structure and function of glutamatergic synapses. ..
- Serpente M, Fenoglio C, Villa C, Cortini F, Cantoni C, Ridolfi E, et al. Role of OLR1 and its regulating hsa-miR369-3p in Alzheimer's disease: genetics and expression analysis. J Alzheimers Dis. 2011;26:787-93 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the limited power of the study requires further investigations with a larger sample size. ..
- Rampino M, Bacigalupo A, Russi E, Schena M, Lastrucci L, Iotti C, et al. Efficacy and feasibility of induction chemotherapy and radiotherapy plus cetuximab in head and neck cancer. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:195-9 pubmed..Our protocol proved to be feasible, effective and well tolerated. This sequential strategy should be further investigated. ..
- Maffezzini M, Campodonico F, Capponi G, Manuputty E, Gerbi G. Fast-track surgery and technical nuances to reduce complications after radical cystectomy and intestinal urinary diversion with the modified Indiana pouch. Surg Oncol. 2012;21:191-5 pubmed publisher..Progress in the perioperative management of major surgery and technical refinements can contribute to reduced complications. In addition, the use of objective reporting tools will facilitate comparison of studies. ..
- Monarca C, Rizzo M, Quadrini L, Sanese G, Prezzemoli G, Scuderi N. Prepuce-sparing plasty and simple running suture for phimosis. G Chir. 2013;34:38-41 pubmed..In recent years, the value of foreskin properties as well as aesthetic reasons determined to other operations preserving the foreskin. We report 5-years experience with a technique that preserve the physical foreskin appearance intact...
- Scozzafava A, Supuran C, Carta F. Antiobesity carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: a literature and patent review. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2013;23:725-35 pubmed publisher..These compounds are the lead molecules in this field and an intense research is on the way in order to develop new compounds based on the selective inhibition of mitochondrial CA isoforms. ..
- Aggarwal S, Moggio A, Bussolati B. Concise review: stem/progenitor cells for renal tissue repair: current knowledge and perspectives. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2013;2:1011-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, possible approaches to nephrogenesis and organ generation using organoids, decellularized kidneys, and blastocyst complementation are surveyed. ..
- Borro P, Leone S, Testino G. Liver Disease and Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Alcoholics: The Role of Anticraving Therapy. Curr Drug Targets. 2016;17:239-51 pubmed..In decompensated forms the only drug tested to date has been baclofen. In alcohol-related liver disease a professional team with hepato-alcohologists is also necessary, especially for liver transplantation programs. ..
- Pittarello A, Motro D, Rubaltelli E, Pluchino P. The relationship between attention allocation and cheating. Psychon Bull Rev. 2016;23:609-16 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that when dishonesty pays, shifting attention away from undesirable information can serve as a self-deception strategy that allows individuals to serve their self-interests while maintaining a positive self-concept. ..
- Cesaretti C, Spaccini L, Righini A, Parazzini C, Conte G, Crosti F, et al. Prenatal detection of 5q14.3 duplication including MEF2C and brain phenotype. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170A:1352-7 pubmed publisher..3 duplication patients, possibly widening the neurological picture of this scarcely known syndrome. A pathogenetic role of MEF2C overexpression in brain development may be assumed, but further studies are needed. ..
- Charytan D, Solomon S, Ivanovich P, Remuzzi G, Cooper M, McGill J, et al. ESRD After Heart Failure, Myocardial Infarction, or Stroke in Type 2 Diabetic Patients With CKD. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:522-531 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the need for kidney-specific therapies in addition to treatment of CV risk factors to lower ESRD incidence in diabetes. ..
- Pippione A, Giraudo A, Bonanni D, Carnovale I, Marini E, Cena C, et al. Hydroxytriazole derivatives as potent and selective aldo-keto reductase 1C3 (AKR1C3) inhibitors discovered by bioisosteric scaffold hopping approach. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:936-946 pubmed publisher..This compound was also shown to diminish testosterone production in the AKR1C3-expressing 22RV1 prostate cancer cell line while synergistic effect was observed when 8 was administered in combination with abiraterone or enzalutamide. ..
- Cavallero C, Cicogna P, Natale V, Occhionero M, Zito A. Slow wave sleep dreaming. Sleep. 1992;15:562-6 pubmed..Different levels of engagement of the cognitive system are responsible for the few SWS-REM differences that have been detected. ..
- d Addio M, Pizzigoni A, Bassi M, Baschirotto C, Valetti C, Incerti B, et al. Defective intracellular transport and processing of OA1 is a major cause of ocular albinism type 1. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:3011-8 pubmed..The biochemical analysis of OA1 mutations performed in this study provides important insights into the structure-function relationships of the OA1 protein and implies protein misfolding as a major pathogenic mechanism in OA1...
- Mistrangelo M, Mobiglia A, Mussa B, Bello M, Pelosi E, Goss M, et al. The sentinel node in anal carcinoma. Tumori. 2002;88:S51-2 pubmed..Depending on the primary tumor size and histological differentiation, metastasis to superficial inguinal lymph nodes occurs in 15-25% of cases...
- Avogaro A, Pagnin E, Calo L. Monocyte NADPH oxidase subunit p22(phox) and inducible hemeoxygenase-1 gene expressions are increased in type II diabetic patients: relationship with oxidative stress. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:1753-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that these cells, which play a crucial role in the earliest events of atherosclerotic lesion, are subjected to an increased oxidative stress. ..
- Mantovani G, Madeddu C, Gramignano G, Ferreli L, Massa E, Contu P, et al. Association of serum IL-6 levels with comprehensive geriatric assessment variables in a population of elderly cancer patients. Oncol Rep. 2004;11:197-206 pubmed
- Tacconi P, Manca D, Tamburini G, Cannas A, Giagheddu M. Notalgia paresthetica following neuralgic amyotrophy: a case report. Neurol Sci. 2004;25:27-9 pubmed..The abnormal activation of shoulder girdle and spine extensor muscles during the time of long thoracic nerve palsy may explain the association between the two disorders. ..
- Ariano R, Panzani R. Efficacy and safety of specific immunotherapy to mosquito bites. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;36:131-8 pubmed..S.I.T in mosquito bite allergy appears to be effective and safe in the treatment of both cutaneous and respiratory symptoms. ..
- Bianco A, Ramunno A, Serrilli A, Lo Castro M, Ballero M, Serafini M. Phytochemical characters of Teucrium marum from Sardinia: an endemic plant. Nat Prod Res. 2004;18:557-64 pubmed..A new clerodane, teumarin B, was isolated and identified by 1H- and 13C-NMR spectra analysis. The endemic character of this plant was further confirmed. Teumarin B showed cytotoxic properties. ..
- Recchia A, Bonini C, Magnani Z, Urbinati F, Sartori D, Muraro S, et al. Retroviral vector integration deregulates gene expression but has no consequence on the biology and function of transplanted T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1457-62 pubmed..Despite the potentially dangerous interactions with the T cell genome, retroviral integration has therefore little consequence on the safety and efficacy of T cell transplantation. ..
- Primignani M, Barosi G, Bergamaschi G, Gianelli U, Fabris F, Reati R, et al. Role of the JAK2 mutation in the diagnosis of chronic myeloproliferative disorders in splanchnic vein thrombosis. Hepatology. 2006;44:1528-34 pubmed..In conclusion, CMPD is the major cause of primary EHPVO or BCS. JAK2 V617F is a very reliable and noninvasive molecular marker for CMPD and should be used as a first test for diagnosis. ..
- Porpiglia F, Renard J, Billia M, Scoffone C, Cracco C, Terrone C, et al. Open versus laparoscopy-assisted radical cystectomy: results of a prospective study. J Endourol. 2007;21:325-9 pubmed..Our aim was to evaluate, through a prospective comparative study, the advantages of the laparoscopic compared with an open approach...
- Gentilini O. Breast cancer during pregnancy: epidemiology, surgical treatment, and staging. Recent Results Cancer Res. 2008;178:39-44 pubmed
- Sigismund S, Argenzio E, Tosoni D, Cavallaro E, Polo S, Di Fiore P. Clathrin-mediated internalization is essential for sustained EGFR signaling but dispensable for degradation. Dev Cell. 2008;15:209-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, CME of the EGFR unexpectedly has a greater impact on receptor signaling than on receptor degradation. ..
- Innocenti A, Muhlschlegel F, Hall R, Steegborn C, Scozzafava A, Supuran C. Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: inhibition of the beta-class enzymes from the fungal pathogens Candida albicans and Cryptococcus neoformans with simple anions. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008;18:5066-70 pubmed publisher..15-30.85 mM). These data demonstrate that pathogenic, fungal beta-CAs may be targets for the development of antifungals that have a novel mechanism of action. ..
- Brandes A, Franceschi E, Tosoni A, Reni M, Gatta G, Vecht C, et al. Adult neuroectodermal tumors of posterior fossa (medulloblastoma) and of supratentorial sites (stPNET). Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2009;71:165-79 pubmed publisher..An important challenge for the future will be the biological characterization of medulloblastoma, with the identification of specific genetic patterns of patients with a better or a worse prognosis. ..
- Venanzi F, Petrini M, Fiammenghi L, Bolli E, Granato A, Ridolfi L, et al. Tumor endothelial marker 8 expression levels in dendritic cell-based cancer vaccines are related to clinical outcome. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2010;59:27-34 pubmed publisher..88, p = 0.0018). The present observations suggest that TEM8 expression levels in DC-based therapeutic vaccines would allow the selection of a subgroup of patients who are most likely to benefit from therapeutic vaccination. ..
- Papini A. The use of post-translationally modified peptides for detection of biomarkers of immune-mediated diseases. J Pept Sci. 2009;15:621-8 pubmed publisher..Herein, we report the successful application of this approach to the identification of biomarkers in different autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis. ..
- Macca M, Franco B. The molecular basis of oral-facial-digital syndrome, type 1. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2009;151C:318-25 pubmed publisher..Future studies will address whether all clinical manifestations of these diseases can be entirely explained by cilia dysfunction or may also be due to direct roles of the proteins involved. ..
- Iapichino G, Umbrello M, Albicini M, Spanu P, Bellani G, Polli F, et al. Time course of endogenous nitric oxide inhibitors in severe sepsis in humans. Minerva Anestesiol. 2010;76:325-33 pubmed..In severe sepsis, SDMA, but not ADMA, appears to be a marker of alterations in vital functions and mortality. ..
- Siccardi M, D Avolio A, Nozza S, Simiele M, Baietto L, Stefani F, et al. Maraviroc is a substrate for OATP1B1 in vitro and maraviroc plasma concentrations are influenced by SLCO1B1 521 T>C polymorphism. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:759-65 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the SLCO1B1 521 T>C polymorphism maybe useful in predicting higher plasma concentrations but these data should be confirmed before prospective clinical studies to define the clinical usefulness. ..
- Harari S, Torre O, Moss J. Lymphangioleiomyomatosis: what do we know and what are we looking for?. Eur Respir Rev. 2011;20:34-44 pubmed publisher..It also summarises current therapeutic approaches and the most promising areas of research for future therapeutic strategies. ..
- Ruffatti A, Milanesi O, Chiandetti L, Cerutti A, Gervasi M, De Silvestro G, et al. A combination therapy to treat second-degree anti-Ro/La-related congenital heart block: a strategy to avoid stable third-degree heart block?. Lupus. 2012;21:666-71 pubmed publisher..Moreover, there was no recurrence of CHB when therapy was suspended, as confirmed by a 29 month and an eight month follow-up, respectively. ..
- Licitra R, Acconcia M, Puddu P, Pannarale G. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in prehypertensive subjects. Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets. 2012;12:44-50 pubmed
- Ferraro G, De Francesco F, Nicoletti G, Paino F, Desiderio V, Tirino V, et al. Human adipose CD34+ CD90+ stem cells and collagen scaffold constructs grafted in vivo fabricate loose connective and adipose tissues. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1039-49 pubmed publisher..The results of this study clearly demonstrate that human adult adipose and loose connective tissues can be obtained in vivo, highlighting that CD34(+) /CD90 ASCs are extremely useful for regenerative medicine. ..
- Broccolo F, Fusetti L, Rosini S, Caraceni D, Zappacosta R, Ciccocioppo L, et al. Comparison of oncogenic HPV type-specific viral DNA load and E6/E7 mRNA detection in cervical samples: results from a multicenter study. J Med Virol. 2013;85:472-82 pubmed publisher..HR-HPV viral DNA load was significantly higher in E6/E7 mRNA positive than negative samples (P < 0.001), except for HPV 31. These findings suggest that transcriptional and replicative activities can coexist within the same sample. ..
- Canu G, Minucci A, Zuppi C, Capoluongo E. Gilbert and Crigler Najjar syndromes: an update of the UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 (UGT1A1) gene mutation database. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2013;50:273-80 pubmed publisher..GS and CNS are caused by genetic lesions involving a complex locus encoding the UGT1A1 gene. The present report provides an update of all reported UGT1A1 gene mutations associated to GS and CNS. ..
- Brose M, Nutting C, Jarzab B, Elisei R, Siena S, Bastholt L, et al. Sorafenib in radioactive iodine-refractory, locally advanced or metastatic differentiated thyroid cancer: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2014;384:319-28 pubmed publisher..In this study, we assessed the efficacy and safety of orally administered sorafenib in the treatment of patients with this type of cancer...
- Romeo E, Previti M, Giandalia A, Russo G, Cucinotta D. Ulcero-osteolytic lesions in a woman with type 2 diabetes and carpal tunnel syndrome: A case report and literature review. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;113:204-7 pubmed publisher..A review of literature on cutaneous manifestations associated with the syndrome is also presented. ..
- Cianetti S, Lombardo G, Lupatelli E, Rossi G, Abraha I, Pagano S, et al. Dental caries, parents educational level, family income and dental service attendance among children in Italy. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2017;18:15-18 pubmed publisher..Both low income and low parental educational level were related to an increased presence of caries, whereas previous dental visits experience did not affect caries presence in children. ..
- Azzi A, Ciappi S, Zakvrzewska K, Morfini M, Mariani G, Mannucci P. Human parvovirus B19 infection in hemophiliacs first infused with two high-purity, virally attenuated factor VIII concentrates. Am J Hematol. 1992;39:228-30 pubmed..Both products infected a relatively high proportion of patients (nine of 20). ..
- Saccone S, Biamonti G, Maugeri S, Bassi M, Bunone G, Riva S, et al. Assignment of the human heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 gene (HNRPA1) to chromosome 12q13.1 by cDNA competitive in situ hybridization. Genomics. 1992;12:171-4 pubmed..5-kb flanking sequences. To suppress hybridization to pseudogene sequences, unlabeled HNRPA1 cDNA was added in excess over the probe to the hybridization mixture. ..
- Palma F, Agostini D, Mason P, Dacha M, Piccoli G, Biagiarelli B, et al. Purification and characterization of the carboxyl-domain of human hexokinase type III expressed as fusion protein. Mol Cell Biochem. 1996;155:23-9 pubmed..The results now allow a better understanding of the role of the carboxyl-domain in determining the catalytic properties of the enzyme. ..
- De Zen L, Orfao A, Cazzaniga G, Masiero L, Cocito M, Spinelli M, et al. Quantitative multiparametric immunophenotyping in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: correlation with specific genotype. I. ETV6/AML1 ALLs identification. Leukemia. 2000;14:1225-31 pubmed
- Palatini P. Heart rate as a cardiovascular risk factor: do women differ from men?. Ann Med. 2001;33:213-21 pubmed..Although a greater effect is expected in men, cardiac slowing could counteract the detrimental haemodynamic effect of tachycardia also in women. ..
- Di Micco P, Niglio A, Torella R, Di Micco B. Solitary plasmacytoma of the jaw occurring in an elderly woman affected by hepatitis C virus infection: a case report. Tumori. 2002;88:420-3 pubmed..Plasmacytoma was diagnosed in January 2001, but the swelling of the mandible had been present since 1993. Two different pathologists made the diagnosis on the basis of biopsy material from the mandibular swelling...
- Carmignani L, Gadda F, Gazzano G, Nerva F, Mancini M, Ferruti M, et al. High incidence of benign testicular neoplasms diagnosed by ultrasound. J Urol. 2003;170:1783-6 pubmed
- Monno R, Rendina M, Ceci G, Rizzo C, Luzzi I, Francavilla A, et al. Campylobacter fetus bacteremia in an immunocompromised patient: case report and review of the literature. New Microbiol. 2004;27:281-5 pubmed..The clinical microbiologist should be aware of this infection in immunocompromised hosts...
- Meschi T, Maggiore U, Fiaccadori E, Schianchi T, Bosi S, Adorni G, et al. The effect of fruits and vegetables on urinary stone risk factors. Kidney Int. 2004;66:2402-10 pubmed
- Di Pierro E, Cappellini M, Mazzucchelli R, Moriondo V, Mologni D, Zanone Poma B, et al. A point mutation affecting an SP1 binding site in the promoter of the ferrochelatase gene impairs gene transcription and causes erythropoietic protoporphyria. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:584-91 pubmed..This is the first report of a mutation in the FECH promoter affecting binding of a transcription factor and causing EPP phenotype. ..
- Contini S, Corrente V, Nervi G, Franze A, Scarpignato C. Dysphagia aortica: a neglected symptom of aortoesophageal fistula. Dig Liver Dis. 2006;38:51-4 pubmed
- Rovida E, Navari N, Caligiuri A, Dello Sbarba P, Marra F. ERK5 differentially regulates PDGF-induced proliferation and migration of hepatic stellate cells. J Hepatol. 2008;48:107-15 pubmed..ERK5 modulates PDGF-dependent biologic activities in human HSC, generating positive signals for cell proliferation downregulating the ability of the cells to migrate. ..
- Girolami A, Scarparo P, Scandellari R, Allemand E. Congenital factor X deficiencies with a defect only or predominantly in the extrinsic or in the intrinsic system: a critical evaluation. Am J Hematol. 2008;83:668-71 pubmed publisher..The study underlines the importance of a multipronged evaluation of all cases with Factor X deficiency. In fact only by this approach can an acceptable classification of the defect be reached. ..
- Ricci D, Boffini M, Del Sorbo L, El Qarra S, Comoglio C, Ribezzo M, et al. The use of CO2 removal devices in patients awaiting lung transplantation: an initial experience. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:1255-8 pubmed publisher..This could represent a valid bridge to lung transplantation in these patients. ..
- Riva G, Raspelli S, Pallavicini F, Grassi A, Algeri D, Wiederhold B, et al. Interreality in the management of psychological stress: a clinical scenario. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2010;154:20-5 pubmed..To illustrate the proposed concept, a clinical scenario is also presented and discussed: Paola, a 45 years old nurse, with a mother affected by progressive senile dementia. ..
- Cincotta M, Giovannelli F, Borgheresi A, Balestrieri F, Toscani L, Zaccara G, et al. Optically tracked neuronavigation increases the stability of hand-held focal coil positioning: evidence from "transcranial" magnetic stimulation-induced electrical field measurements. Brain Stimul. 2010;3:119-23 pubmed publisher..Findings show that optically tracked neuronavigation improves the stability of focal coil positioning. ..
- Franceschini M, Rampello A, Bovolenta F, Aiello M, Tzani P, Chetta A. Cost of walking, exertional dyspnoea and fatigue in individuals with multiple sclerosis not requiring assistive devices. J Rehabil Med. 2010;42:719-23 pubmed publisher..Energy expenditure when walking is not a determinant of fatigue or exertional dyspnoea in individuals with multiple sclerosis and low levels of disability. ..
- Zanardo V, Fanelli T, Weiner G, Fanos V, Zaninotto M, Visentin S, et al. Intrauterine growth restriction is associated with persistent aortic wall thickening and glomerular proteinuria during infancy. Kidney Int. 2011;80:119-23 pubmed publisher..Our results show that intrauterine growth restriction is associated with persistent aortic wall thickening and significantly higher microalbuminuria during infancy. ..
- Assenza M, Casciani E, Romeo V, Valesini L, Centonze L, Bartolucci P, et al. Ascaris Lumbricoides infestation and intestinal MZBCL: a surgical and radiological perspective. Clin Ter. 2011;162:e169-71 pubmed..A large worm bolus can also cause volvulus or intussusception. We report a case of Intestinal Obstruction due to an Ileal MZBCL in an Ascaris. Lumbricoides infestation setting. ..
- Cegolon L, Salata C, Weiderpass E, Vineis P, Palu G, Mastrangelo G. Human endogenous retroviruses and cancer prevention: evidence and prospects. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:4 pubmed publisher..Cellular immunity possibly triggered by vaccines as for YFV might also be involved in anti-cancer response, in addition to humoral immunity. ..
- Andre F, O Regan R, Ozguroglu M, Toi M, Xu B, Jerusalem G, et al. Everolimus for women with trastuzumab-resistant, HER2-positive, advanced breast cancer (BOLERO-3): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:580-91 pubmed publisher..The clinical benefit should be considered in the context of the adverse event profile in this population. ..
- Bertolotto M, Boulay Coletta I, Butini R, Dudea S, Grenier N, Oltmanns G, et al. Imaging of mesothelioma of tunica vaginalis testis. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:631-8 pubmed publisher..Septated hydrocele, nodules without hydrocele, a thick-walled paratesticular cyst are less common. Preoperative diagnosis may allow aggressive surgical approach and, possibly, a better prognosis. ..
- Fossataro C, Sambo C, Garbarini F, Iannetti G. Interpersonal interactions and empathy modulate perception of threat and defensive responses. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19353 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that interpersonal interactions shape perception of threat and defensive responses. These effects are particularly evident in individuals with greater tendency to having empathic concern to other people. ..
- Lacognata C, Crimí F, Guolo A, Varin C, De March E, Vio S, et al. Diffusion-weighted whole-body MRI for evaluation of early response in multiple myeloma. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:850-857 pubmed publisher..DWI-MRI could provide additional quantitative information useful in monitoring early therapy response according to ADC changes of focal lesions. ..
- Ciccarese S, Tommasi S, Vonghia G. Cloning and cDNA sequence of the rat X-chromosome linked phosphoglycerate kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;165:1337-44 pubmed..Thus PGK is one of the oldest housekeeping enzymes. ..
- Oliva D, Venturella S, Passantino R, Feo S, Giallongo A. Conserved alternative splicing in the 5'-untranslated region of the muscle-specific enolase gene. Primary structure of mRNAs, expression and influence of secondary structure on the translation efficiency. Eur J Biochem. 1995;232:141-9 pubmed..A putative functional role for the 5'-untranslated sequences of beta-enolase transcripts is discussed. ..
- Matteelli A, Caligaris S, Castelli F, Carosi G. The placenta and malaria. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 1997;91:803-10 pubmed..A deeper understanding of the mechanisms involved in this process is of key importance in the design of protective interventions which are effective and acceptable during the gestation period. ..
- Giacometti A, Cirioni O, Barchiesi F, Fortuna M, Scalise G. In-vitro activity of cationic peptides alone and in combination with clinically used antimicrobial agents against Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1999;44:641-5 pubmed..Our findings show that they are effective against P. aeruginosa, and that their activity is enhanced when they are combined with clinically used antimicrobial agents, particularly with polymyxin E and clarithromycin. ..
- Serretti A, Cristina S, Lilli R, Cusin C, Lattuada E, Lorenzi C, et al. Family-based association study of 5-HTTLPR, TPH, MAO-A, and DRD4 polymorphisms in mood disorders. Am J Med Genet. 2002;114:361-9 pubmed..Our study did not support the involvement of 5-HTTLPR, TPH, MAO-A, or DRD4 polymorphisms in mood disorders. ..
- De Luca A, Ciancio B, Larussa D, Murri R, Cingolani A, Rizzo M, et al. Correlates of independent HIV-1 replication in the CNS and of its control by antiretrovirals. Neurology. 2002;59:342-7 pubmed..CSF penetration of antiretrovirals must be considered when choosing treatments, mainly in patients with higher CSF viral loads, advanced disease, and CNS disorders associated with significant macrophage activation. ..
- Cicchillitti L, Fasanaro P, Biglioli P, Capogrossi M, Martelli F. Oxidative stress induces protein phosphatase 2A-dependent dephosphorylation of the pocket proteins pRb, p107, and p130. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19509-17 pubmed..Indeed, it was found that inhibition of PP2A by SV40 small t over-expression prevented DNA synthesis inhibition induced by H2O2. ..
- Norata G, Björk H, Hamsten A, Catapano A, Eriksson P. High-density lipoprotein subfraction 3 decreases ADAMTS-1 expression induced by lipopolysaccharide and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in human endothelial cells. Matrix Biol. 2004;22:557-60 pubmed..Since ADAMTS-1 has recently been shown to inhibit endothelial cell proliferation, the result of the present work may represent a new mechanism by which HDL could have a positive effect on endothelial cell and vascular wall function. ..
- Orlandini A. Repetition compulsion in a trauma victim: is the "analgesia principle" beyond the pleasure principle? Clinical implications. J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry. 2004;32:525-40 pubmed..Clinical material is provided. ..
- Peyvandi F, Ferrari S, Lavoretano S, Canciani M, Mannucci P. von Willebrand factor cleaving protease (ADAMTS-13) and ADAMTS-13 neutralizing autoantibodies in 100 patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Br J Haematol. 2004;127:433-9 pubmed..In conclusion, this study indicated that ADAMTS-13 was normal in nearly one-third of patients with TTP and that ADAMTS-13 deficiency was not associated with the presence of neutralizing antibodies in more than half of the patients. ..