Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Italy
Publications869 found, 100 shown here
- Scillitani A, Guarnieri V, Battista C, De Geronimo S, Muscarella L, Chiodini I, et al. Primary hyperparathyroidism and the presence of kidney stones are associated with different haplotypes of the calcium-sensing receptor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:277-83 pubmed..Our data indicate that the CASR SRQ haplotype is significantly associated with PHPT in our population. Within the PHPT patient population, the AGQ haplotype is significantly associated with kidney stones. ..
- Gentile S. Extrapyramidal adverse events associated with atypical antipsychotic treatment of bipolar disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2007;27:35-45 pubmed..However, clinicians should take into consideration the relatively high risk of metabolic complications associated with olanzapine use as well as with most of the other SGAs. ..
- Meleti M, Mooi W, Casparie M, van der Waal I. Melanocytic nevi of the oral mucosa - no evidence of increased risk for oral malignant melanoma: an analysis of 119 cases. Oral Oncol. 2007;43:976-81 pubmed..The findings of the present evaluation do not give support for the hypothesis of OMN being a marker for an increased risk of future development of OMM. ..
- Miano S, Bruni O, Elia M, Trovato A, Smerieri A, Verrillo E, et al. Sleep in children with autistic spectrum disorder: a questionnaire and polysomnographic study. Sleep Med. 2007;9:64-70 pubmed..The reduction of A1 subtypes during SWS might play a role in the impairment of cognitive functioning in these subjects. ..
- Franzini A, Cordella R, Nazzi V, Broggi G. Long-term chronic stimulation of internal capsule in poststroke pain and spasticity. Case report, long-term results and review of the literature. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2008;86:179-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that chronic stimulation of the IC might be an effective surgical option to motor cortex stimulation when the pain and spasticity are referred to the lower limbs. ..
- Gronchi A, Lo Vullo S, Fiore M, Mussi C, Stacchiotti S, Collini P, et al. Aggressive surgical policies in a retrospectively reviewed single-institution case series of retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma patients. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:24-30 pubmed publisher..To explore whether the adoption of a systematic attempt to perform wider resections may lead to prognostic improvements in retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma (RSTS)...
- Lussana F, Caberlon S, Pagani C, Kamphuisen P, Buller H, Cattaneo M. Association of V617F Jak2 mutation with the risk of thrombosis among patients with essential thrombocythaemia or idiopathic myelofibrosis: a systematic review. Thromb Res. 2009;124:409-17 pubmed publisher..76, 95% CI 0.91-3.41). Our systematic review suggests that V617F Jak-2 increases the risk of thrombosis in essential thrombocythaemia patients by about two fold while its role in idiopathic myelofibrosis patients is uncertain. ..
- Vercellini P, Barbara G, Somigliana E, Bianchi S, Abbiati A, Fedele L. Comparison of contraceptive ring and patch for the treatment of symptomatic endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:2150-61 pubmed publisher..Patients who preferred the ring were significantly more likely to be satisfied and to comply with treatment than those who chose the patch. Both systems were associated with poor bleeding control when used continuously. ..
- Zamboni P, Menegatti E, Weinstock Guttman B, Schirda C, Cox J, Malagoni A, et al. CSF dynamics and brain volume in multiple sclerosis are associated with extracranial venous flow anomalies: a pilot study. Int Angiol. 2010;29:140-8 pubmed..5, P=0.05). VH changes occur more frequently in MS patients than controls. Altered VH is associated with abnormal CSF flow dynamics and decreased brain volume. ..
- Mancini F, Di Conza G, Monti O, Macchiarulo A, Pellicciari R, Pontecorvi A, et al. Puzzling over MDM4-p53 network. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:1080-3 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the different facets of MDM4-mediated regulation of p53 and the modifications able to modulate MDM4 localization and function. ..
- Cardinale D, Colombo A, Torrisi R, Sandri M, Civelli M, Salvatici M, et al. Trastuzumab-induced cardiotoxicity: clinical and prognostic implications of troponin I evaluation. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:3910-6 pubmed publisher..001) and of lack of LVEF recovery (HR, 2.88; 95% CI,1.78 to 4.65; P < .001). TNI+ identifies trastuzumab-treated patients who are at risk for cardiotoxicity and are unlikely to recover from cardiac dysfunction despite HF therapy. ..
- Canepa P, Valle L, Cristina E, de Florentiis D, Parodi V, Banfi F, et al. Role of congenital rubella reference laboratory: 21-months-surveillance in Liguria, Italy. J Prev Med Hyg. 2009;50:221-6 pubmed
- Chiefari E, Tanyolac S, Paonessa F, Pullinger C, Capula C, Iiritano S, et al. Functional variants of the HMGA1 gene and type 2 diabetes mellitus. JAMA. 2011;305:903-12 pubmed publisher..Compared with healthy controls, the presence of functional HMGA1 gene variants in individuals of white European ancestry was associated with type 2 DM. ..
- Pirozzi F, Di Raimo F, Zanni G, Bertini E, Billuart P, Tartaglione T, et al. Insertion of 16 amino acids in the BAR domain of the oligophrenin 1 protein causes mental retardation and cerebellar hypoplasia in an Italian family. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:E2294-307 pubmed publisher..4 turns in the third alpha-helix of the BAR domain and apparently impair the protein function. In fact, the clinical phenotype of these patients is identical to that of patients with loss-of-function mutations. ..
- Bianco F, Sassaroli C, Delrio P, De Franciscis S, Romano G. Vascular resection in pancreaticoduodenectomy: is it worthwhile?. Curr Drug Targets. 2012;13:772-80 pubmed
- Quintas R, Raggi A, Giovannetti A, Pagani M, Sabariego C, Cieza A, et al. Psychosocial difficulties in people with epilepsy: a systematic review of literature from 2005 until 2010. Epilepsy Behav. 2012;25:60-7 pubmed publisher..However, the majority of studies focus on isolated PSDs or on the effects of a specific determinant in the course of epilepsy, leaving some gaps that could encourage further research. ..
- Monteleone M, Naccarato A, Sindona G, Tagarelli A. A reliable and simple method for the assay of neuroendocrine tumor markers in human urine by solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-triple quadrupole mass spectrometry. Anal Chim Acta. 2013;759:66-73 pubmed publisher..046 and 24.3 ?g L(-1) for HVA, VMA and 5-HIAA, respectively). The developed protocol represents, therefore, a simple, rapid and selective tool for assaying these acidic biomarkers in urine samples for neuroendocrine cancer diagnosis. ..
- Fu Q, Mittnik A, Johnson P, Bos K, Lari M, Bollongino R, et al. A revised timescale for human evolution based on ancient mitochondrial genomes. Curr Biol. 2013;23:553-559 pubmed publisher..Our results exclude most of the older dates for African and non-African population divergences recently suggested by de novo mutation rate estimates in the nuclear genome. ..
- Bozzi F, Conca E, Laurini E, Posocco P, Lo Sardo A, Jocollè G, et al. In vitro and in silico studies of MDM2/MDMX isoforms predict Nutlin-3A sensitivity in well/de-differentiated liposarcomas. Lab Invest. 2013;93:1232-40 pubmed publisher..However, our findings predict heterogeneous responses depending on the relative expression of mdm2, mdm2-b, mdmx, and mdmx-s transcripts and proteins. ..
- Mourad F, Giovannico G, Maselli F, Bonetti F, FernÃ¡ndez de las PeÃ±as C, Dunning J. Basilar impression presenting as intermittent mechanical neck pain: a rare case report. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2016;17:7 pubmed publisher..g., cervical mobilization or manipulation, stretching, exercise) to patients with sinister medical pathologies, not benign musculoskeletal disorders. ..
- Zvyagintsev M, Klasen M, Weber R, Sarkheil P, Esposito F, Mathiak K, et al. Violence-related content in video game may lead to functional connectivity changes in brain networks as revealed by fMRI-ICA in young men. Neuroscience. 2016;320:247-58 pubmed publisher..These changes may underlie the short-term increase of aggressive affects, cognitions, and behaviors as observed after playing violent video games. ..
- Alciati A, Caldirola D, Sarzi Puttini P, Atzeni F, Grassi M, Perna G. Is panic disorder associated with clinical severity of fibromyalgia? A preliminary study in a tertiary-care centre. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:S99-105 pubmed..Potential underlying mechanisms and clinical implications will be discussed. ..
- Calorini L, Bianchini F, Mannini A, Mugnai G, Balzi M, Becciolini A, et al. IFNgamma and TNFalpha account for a pro-clonogenic activity secreted by activated murine peritoneal macrophages. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2002;19:259-64 pubmed..This finding suggests a cooperative participation of the two cytokines to the pro-clonogenic activity of the media conditioned by Corynebacterium parvum-, BCG- or Listeria monocytogenes-elicited macrophages. ..
- Lippi G, Targher G, Montagnana M, Salvagno G, Guidi G. Relationship between gamma-glutamyltransferase, lipids and lipoprotein(a) in the general population. Clin Chim Acta. 2007;384:163-6 pubmed..The results of this large retrospective study indicate that increased GGT activities are independently associated with a more atherogenic lipid profile in general population. ..
- Benedetti L, Franciotta D, Vigo T, Grandis M, Fiorina E, Ghiglione E, et al. Relapses after treatment with rituximab in a patient with multiple sclerosis and anti myelin-associated glycoprotein polyneuropathy. Arch Neurol. 2007;64:1531-3 pubmed..Result The patient developed 2 corticosteroid-responsive MS relapses with improvement of the polyneuropathy. Rituximab can be effective in anti-MAG polyneuropathy but can possibly lead to unexpected consequences in individuals with MS. ..
- Lanino E, Rondelli R, Locatelli F, Messina C, Pession A, Balduzzi A, et al. Early (day -7) versus conventional (day -1) inception of cyclosporine-A for graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis after unrelated donor hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children. Long-term results of an AIEOP prospective, randomized study. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009;15:741-8 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that early inception of CsA does not improve posttransplantation outcome of children with hematologic malignancies given UD-HSCT. ..
- Sommaruga S, Lombardi A, Salvade A, Mazzucchelli S, Corsi F, Galeffi P, et al. Highly efficient production of anti-HER2 scFv antibody variant for targeting breast cancer cells. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;91:613-21 pubmed publisher..These findings confirm that P. pastoris is a suitable host for high level expression of antibody fragments and highlight the potential role of scFv800E6 in diagnostic and therapeutic application. ..
- Stefani A, Fedele E, Vitek J, Pierantozzi M, Galati S, Marzetti F, et al. The clinical efficacy of L-DOPA and STN-DBS share a common marker: reduced GABA content in the motor thalamus. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e154 pubmed publisher..However, clinical amelioration requires fast change of thalamic GABA, confirming, in line with the old model, that VA is the core player in determining thalamo-cortical transmission. ..
- Mezzani A, Hamm L, Jones A, McBride P, Moholdt T, Stone J, et al. Aerobic exercise intensity assessment and prescription in cardiac rehabilitation: a joint position statement of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabi. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2013;20:442-67 pubmed publisher
- Cazzato D, Dalla Bella E, Dacci P, Mariotti C, Lauria G. Cerebellar ataxia, neuropathy, and vestibular areflexia syndrome: a slowly progressive disorder with stereotypical presentation. J Neurol. 2016;263:245-9 pubmed publisher..The diagnosis of CANVAS should be suspected on clinical ground based on homogeneous course of symptoms and signs, and addressed by video-oculography eye movement recording. ..
- Young I, Waddell L, Cahill S, Kojima M, Clarke R, RajiÄ‡ A. Application of a Rapid Knowledge Synthesis and Transfer Approach To Assess the Microbial Safety of Low-Moisture Foods. J Food Prot. 2015;78:2264-78 pubmed publisher..This review builds upon previous work in this area by synthesizing a broad range of evidence using a structured, transparent, and integrated approach to provide timely evidence informed inputs into international guidelines. ..
- Torchiaro E, Lorenzato A, Olivero M, Valdembri D, Gagliardi P, Gai M, et al. Peritoneal and hematogenous metastases of ovarian cancer cells are both controlled by the p90RSK through a self-reinforcing cell autonomous mechanism. Oncotarget. 2016;7:712-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, p90RSK inhibitors might hinder both the hematogenous and the peritoneal metastatic spread of human ovarian cancer. ..
- Cipolat Mis M, Brajkovic S, Frattini E, Di Fonzo A, Corti S. Autophagy in motor neuron disease: Key pathogenetic mechanisms and therapeutic targets. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2016;72:84-90 pubmed publisher..The existence of several drugs targeting this pathway can facilitate the translation of basic research to clinical trials for ALS and other motor neuron diseases. ..
- Cutolo M, Paolino S, Pizzorni C, Sulli A, Seriolo B, Cimmino M, et al. Effects of combined treatments with CTLA4-IG (abatacept), dexamethasone and methotrexate on cultured human macrophages. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:500-6 pubmed..05). ELISA analysis confirmed these results. CTLA4-Ig-DEX and CTLA4-Ig-DEX-MTX combined treatments, decreased at any level the inflammatory cytokine expression more efficiently then monotreatments on activated cultured human macrophages. ..
- Contestabile M, Recupero S, Palladino D, De Stefanis M, Abdolrahimzadeh S, Suppressa F, et al. A new method of biofeedback in the management of low vision. Eye (Lond). 2002;16:472-80 pubmed..Visual acuity, colour vision, automated perimetry, contrast sensitivity and flash VEP were evaluated. A brief review of the literature and the possible mechanisms behind the results are discussed. ..
- Conforti F, Statti G, Tundis R, Menichini F, Houghton P. Antioxidant activity of methanolic extract of Hypericum triquetrifolium Turra aerial part. Fitoterapia. 2002;73:479-83 pubmed..The IC(50) resulted between 0.062 and 1 mg/ml. ..
- Mannucci P, Duga S, Peyvandi F. Recessively inherited coagulation disorders. Blood. 2004;104:1243-52 pubmed..The steps and actions necessary to improve the condition of these often neglected patients are outlined. ..
- Stinco G, Favot F, Quinkenstein E, Zanchi M, Valent F, Patrone P. Children and sun exposure in the northeast of Italy. Pediatr Dermatol. 2005;22:520-4 pubmed..The dermatologist and pediatrician play an important role in advising parents that the sun is good for children, but appropriate measures must be taken to reduce any risks, both immediately and in the long term. ..
- Vivacqua A, Bonofiglio D, Albanito L, Madeo A, Rago V, Carpino A, et al. 17beta-estradiol, genistein, and 4-hydroxytamoxifen induce the proliferation of thyroid cancer cells through the g protein-coupled receptor GPR30. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:1414-23 pubmed..Our findings provide new insight into the molecular mechanisms through which estrogens may induce the progression of TC. ..
- Corsetti A, Caldini G, Mastrangelo M, Trotta F, Valmorri S, Cenci G. Raw milk traditional Italian ewe cheeses as a source of Lactobacillus casei strains with acid-bile resistance and antigenotoxic properties. Int J Food Microbiol. 2008;125:330-5 pubmed publisher..Most isolates with antigenotoxic activity resulted as acid-bile tolerant demonstrating that cheese autochthonous lactobacilli may reach the gut as a viable form and prevent genotoxin DNA damage. ..
- Cecchin E, Innocenti F, D Andrea M, Corona G, De Mattia E, Biason P, et al. Predictive role of the UGT1A1, UGT1A7, and UGT1A9 genetic variants and their haplotypes on the outcome of metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:2457-65 pubmed publisher..A UGT1A haplotype-based approach might be an efficacious strategy to achieve treatment individualization of FOLFIRI. ..
- Toldo I, Perissinotto E, Menegazzo F, Boniver C, Sartori S, Salviati L, et al. Comorbidity between headache and epilepsy in a pediatric headache center. J Headache Pain. 2010;11:235-40 pubmed publisher..003). In migraine with aura, epilepsy preceded migraine in 71% of cases. Photosensitivity (7/56, 12.5%) and positive family history for epilepsy (22/56, 39%) were frequent in cases with comorbidity. ..
- Baratta F, Germano A, Brusa P. Diffusion of counterfeit drugs in developing countries and stability of galenics stored for months under different conditions of temperature and relative humidity. Croat Med J. 2012;53:173-84 pubmed..This should serve as an alarm bell and an input for the production of galenics. We recommend setting up of galenic laboratories in developing countries around the globe. ..
- Averaimo S, Abeti R, Savalli N, Brown L, Curmi P, Breit S, et al. Point mutations in the transmembrane region of the clic1 ion channel selectively modify its biophysical properties. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74523 pubmed publisher..Hence these charged residues are directly involved in regulating its ion channel activity. This strongly suggests that, despite its unusual structure, CLIC1 itself is able to form a chloride ion channel. ..
- Cazzato D, Assi E, Moscheni C, Brunelli S, De Palma C, Cervia D, et al. Nitric oxide drives embryonic myogenesis in chicken through the upregulation of myogenic differentiation factors. Exp Cell Res. 2014;320:269-80 pubmed publisher..Our results identify NO produced by NOS-I as a key messenger in the early phase of embryonic development of chicken, acting as a critical determinant of myogenesis through its physiological cGMP/PKG pathway. ..
- Latib A, Ruparelia N, Bijuklic K, De Marco F, Gatto F, Hansen L, et al. First-in-man transcatheter mitral valve-in-ring implantation with a repositionable and retrievable aortic valve prosthesis. EuroIntervention. 2016;11:1148-52 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we demonstrate the safety, efficacy and advantages of using the DFM prosthesis for the treatment of mitral annuloplasty failure. ..
- Siravegna G, Sartore Bianchi A, Mussolin B, Cassingena A, Amatu A, Novara L, et al. Tracking a CAD-ALK gene rearrangement in urine and blood of a colorectal cancer patient treated with an ALK inhibitor. Ann Oncol. 2017;28:1302-1308 pubmed publisher..The latter could be implemented without the need of patient hospitalization since urine tr-DNA can be self-collected, is stable over time and can be shipped at specified time-points to central labs for testing. ..
- McDonald P, Bald A, Cassatella M. Activation of the NF-kappaB pathway by inflammatory stimuli in human neutrophils. Blood. 1997;89:3421-33 pubmed
- Sossai P, Cappellato M, Stefani S. Can a drug-induced pulmonary hypersensitivity reaction be dose-dependent? A case with mesalamine. Mt Sinai J Med. 2001;68:389-95 pubmed..The evidence suggests that in some cases pulmonary ADR is dose-related; in such instances the most accepted therapy is not necessarily the most appropriate one. ..
- Laveder P, De Pittà C, Toppo S, Valle G, Lanfranchi G. A two-step strategy for constructing specifically self-subtracted cDNA libraries. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:e38 pubmed..The tissue-specific collections of cDNA clones generated by our method are particularly well suited for expression profiling. ..
- Albonico M, Bickle Q, Ramsan M, Montresor A, Savioli L, Taylor M. Efficacy of mebendazole and levamisole alone or in combination against intestinal nematode infections after repeated targeted mebendazole treatment in Zanzibar. Bull World Health Organ. 2003;81:343-52 pubmed
- Cappelli E, D Osualdo A, Bogliolo M, Kelley M, Frosina G. Drosophila S3 ribosomal protein accelerates repair of 8-oxoguanine performed by human and mouse cell extracts. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2003;42:50-8 pubmed..No stimulating effect was observed on the BER of uracil, natural AP sites, and beta-lyase-cleaved AP sites. Heterologous expression of Drosophila S3 may be used to enhance 8-oxoG repair in human cells. ..
- Mandrioli J, Frank G, Sola P, Leone M, Guaraldi G, Guaraldi P, et al. Tolosa-Hunt syndrome due to actinomycosis of the cavernous sinus: the infectious hypothesis revisited. Headache. 2004;44:806-11 pubmed..Moreover, we propose that in patients with painful ophthalmoplegia having transient response to steroid therapy, a trial with antibiotic therapy should be taken into account. ..
- Sironi M, Martinez F, D Ambrosio D, Gattorno M, Polentarutti N, Locati M, et al. Differential regulation of chemokine production by Fcgamma receptor engagement in human monocytes: association of CCL1 with a distinct form of M2 monocyte activation (M2b, Type 2). J Leukoc Biol. 2006;80:342-9 pubmed..Thus, CCL1 is a CC chemokine with a unique pattern of regulation associated with a distinct form of M2 (Type 2, M2b) monocyte activation, which participates in macrophage-dependent regulatory circuits of innate and adaptive immunity. ..
- Viganò A, Brambilla P, Cafarelli L, Giacomet V, Borgonovo S, Zamproni I, et al. Normalization of fat accrual in lipoatrophic, HIV-infected children switched from stavudine to tenofovir and from protease inhibitor to efavirenz. Antivir Ther. 2007;12:297-302 pubmed..Lipoatrophy did not progress but was still present, indicating the need for additional strategies. ..
- Selicorni A, Russo S, Gervasini C, Castronovo P, Milani D, Cavalleri F, et al. Clinical score of 62 Italian patients with Cornelia de Lange syndrome and correlations with the presence and type of NIPBL mutation. Clin Genet. 2007;72:98-108 pubmed..The proposed score seems to be a valuable means of prioritizing the patients with CdLS to undergo an NIPBL mutation test. ..
- Bellomi M, Veronesi G, Rampinelli C, Ferretti S, De Fiori E, Maisonneuve P. Evolution of lung nodules < or =5 mm detected with low-dose CT in asymptomatic smokers. Br J Radiol. 2007;80:708-12 pubmed..7% did not change, 2.5% grew to > 5 mm and were followed yearly In conclusion, prevalent and incident nodules < or =5 mm detected by low-dose CT screening for lung cancer can be safely checked at 1 year intervals. ..
- Mariani R, Maffioli S. Bacterial RNA polymerase inhibitors: an organized overview of their structure, derivatives, biological activity and current clinical development status. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:430-54 pubmed
- Nisoli I, Chauvin J, Napoletano F, Calamita P, Zanin V, Fanto M, et al. Neurodegeneration by polyglutamine Atrophin is not rescued by induction of autophagy. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1577-87 pubmed publisher..Our data thus provide a crucial insight into the specific mechanism of a polyglutamine disease and reveal important differences in the role of autophagy with respect to other diseases of the same family. ..
- Izzo R, Cipolletta E, Ciccarelli M, Campanile A, Santulli G, Palumbo G, et al. Enhanced GRK2 expression and desensitization of betaAR vasodilatation in hypertensive patients. Clin Transl Sci. 2008;1:215-20 pubmed publisher..We conclude that desensitization participates to impaired betaAR vasodilation in hypertension. ..
- Caputo I, Barone M, Lepretti M, Martucciello S, Nista I, Troncone R, et al. Celiac anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies interfere with the uptake of alpha gliadin peptide 31-43 but not of peptide 57-68 by epithelial cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1802:717-27 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that cell-surface tTG plays a hitherto unknown role in the regulation of gliadin peptide uptake and endocytosis. ..
- Puppin C, Passon N, Lavarone E, Di Loreto C, Frasca F, Vella V, et al. Levels of histone acetylation in thyroid tumors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;411:679-83 pubmed publisher..However, this hormone decreases levels of H3K9-K14ac and H4K12ac. In conclusion, our data indicate that neoplastic transformation and hormonal stimulation can modify levels of histone acetylation in thyroid cells. ..
- Di Pietra L, Gardiman M, Terranova C. Postpartum maternal death associated with undiagnosed Hodgkin's lymphoma. Med Sci Law. 2012;52:174-7 pubmed publisher..The interest of the case lies in the unusual cause of DIC discussed in relation to a hypothesis of obstetric-gynaecological liability. ..
- Scagliotti G, Krzakowski M, Szczesna A, Strausz J, Makhson A, Reck M, et al. Sunitinib plus erlotinib versus placebo plus erlotinib in patients with previously treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:2070-8 pubmed publisher..The incidence of grade 3 or higher toxicities was greater with combination therapy. ..
- Tria F, Galantucci B, Loreto V. Naming a structured world: a cultural route to duality of patterning. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37744 pubmed publisher..Compositional lexicons turn out to be faster to lead to successful communication than purely combinatorial lexicons, suggesting that meaning played a crucial role in the evolution of language. ..
- Pacifico S, D Abrosca B, Scognamiglio M, D Angelo G, Gallicchio M, Galasso S, et al. NMR-based metabolic profiling and in vitro antioxidant and hepatotoxic assessment of partially purified fractions from Golden germander (Teucrium polium L.) methanolic extract. Food Chem. 2012;135:1957-67 pubmed publisher..Data obtained highlighted the possibility of preparing strong antioxidant extracts, useful as food additives, such as MeOH-2, and MeOH-3, completely devoid of hepatotoxic components. ..
- Marra F, Lotersztajn S. Pathophysiology of NASH: perspectives for a targeted treatment. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:5250-69 pubmed
- Taglia A, D Ambrosio P, Palladino A, Politano L. On a case of respiratory failure due to diaphragmatic paralysis and dilated cardiomyopathy in a patient with nemaline myopathy. Acta Myol. 2012;31:201-3 pubmed..This case highlights the wide spectrum of presenting features of adult-onset nemaline myopathy and the temporary efficacy of non invasive ventilation on respiratory function...
- Monticone S, Burrello J, Tizzani D, Bertello C, Viola A, Buffolo F, et al. Prevalence and Clinical Manifestations of Primary Aldosteronism Encountered in PrimaryÂ CareÂ Practice. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:1811-1820 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that PA is a frequent cause of secondary hypertension, even in the generalÂ population of patients with hypertension, and indicates that most of these patients should be screened for PA. ..
- Guidi A, Lalli C, Gimmelli R, Nizi E, Andreini M, Gennari N, et al. Discovery by organism based high-throughput screening of new multi-stage compounds affecting Schistosoma mansoni viability, egg formation and production. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005994 pubmed publisher..We describe promising new molecules that not only impair the schistosomula larval stage but also impact juvenile and adult worm viability and egg formation and production in vitro...
- Colombo I, Ceciliani F, Ronchi S, Bartorelli A, Berra B. cDNA cloning and Escherichia coli expression of UK114 tumor antigen. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1442:49-59 pubmed..It inhibits cell-free protein synthesis at 8 microM concentration. ..
- Salvarani C, Cantini F, Niccoli L, Macchioni P, Consonni D, Bajocchi G, et al. Acute-phase reactants and the risk of relapse/recurrence in polymyalgia rheumatica: a prospective followup study. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;53:33-8 pubmed..To determine laboratory parameters that may be useful in identifying polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) patients who require long-term corticosteroid therapy...
- Vaccani A, Massi P, Colombo A, Rubino T, Parolaro D. Cannabidiol inhibits human glioma cell migration through a cannabinoid receptor-independent mechanism. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;144:1032-6 pubmed..These results reinforce the evidence of antitumoral properties of CBD, demonstrating its ability to limit tumor invasion, although the mechanism of its pharmacological effects remains to be clarified. ..
- Armani C, Landini L, Leone A. Molecular and biochemical changes of the cardiovascular system due to smoking exposure. Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15:1038-53 pubmed..A possible interplay between microtubule plasticity and oxidative stress also exists in cardiomyocytes, so this could represent another potential mechanism by which smoking induces/accelerates atherosclerosis. ..
- Testino G, Ferro C. Hepatorenal syndrome: a review. Hepatogastroenterology. 2010;57:1279-84 pubmed
- Savino A, Prati A, Pieri A, Uliano N, Arnaudi R, Benecchi L, et al. [PLFT and TUMT long-term clinical results in Italy]. Urologia. 2011;78:171-5 pubmed publisher..With PLFT-TUMT, patients have a less-invasive therapy, with a catheter-free rate of 82-91% in selected patients, although the majority must also continue medical therapy...
- Pucciarelli S, Chiappetta A, Giacomazzo G, Barina A, Gennaro N, Rebonato M, et al. Surgical Unit volume and 30-day reoperation rate following primary resection for colorectal cancer in the Veneto Region (Italy). Tech Coloproctol. 2016;20:31-40 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that quality improvement programmes or centralization of surgery may only be required for subgroups of CRC patients. ..
- Tatton Brown K, Loveday C, Yost S, Clarke M, Ramsay E, Zachariou A, et al. Mutations in Epigenetic Regulation Genes Are a Major Cause of Overgrowth with Intellectual Disability. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:725-736 pubmed publisher..These data reveal insights into the genetic control of human growth and demonstrate that exome sequencing in OGID has a high diagnostic yield. ..
- Pittaluga A, Pattarini R, Severi P, Raiteri M. Human brain N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors regulating noradrenaline release are positively modulated by HIV-1 coat protein gp120. AIDS. 1996;10:463-8 pubmed..gp 120 binds directly through the V3 loop at noradrenergic axon terminals in human brain neocortex and may alter the function of presynaptic NMDA receptors mediating regulation of noradrenaline release. ..
- Ravera M, Viazzi F, Berruti V, Leoncini G, Zagami P, Bezante G, et al. 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism and early organ damage in primary hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2001;14:371-6 pubmed..11, F = 9.7, dF = 1-205, P < .0001). Homozygosity for the T allele of the MTHFR gene is an independent risk factor for the development of early atherosclerotic organ damage in hypertensive patients. ..
- Battezzati A, Benedini S, Fattorini A, Losa M, Mortini P, Bertoli S, et al. Insulin action on protein metabolism in acromegalic patients. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;284:E823-9 pubmed..26 +/- 6% in controls, P < 0.05). Within 6 mo, surgery reverses insulin resistance for glucose but not for protein metabolism. After adenomectomy, more leucine is oxidized during hyperinsulinemia. ..
- Garofalo T, Misasi R, Mattei V, Giammarioli A, Malorni W, Pontieri G, et al. Association of the death-inducing signaling complex with microdomains after triggering through CD95/Fas. Evidence for caspase-8-ganglioside interaction in T cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8309-15 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest a role for gangliosides as structural components of the membrane multimolecular signaling complex involved in CD95/Fas receptor-mediated apoptotic pathway. ..
- Guagnano M, Manigrasso M, Ballone E, Della Vecchia R, Riccioni G, Marinopiccoli M, et al. Association between serum leptin levels and 24-hour blood pressure in obese women. Obes Res. 2003;11:549-55 pubmed..Our study shows that serum leptin levels are directly related to 24-hour BP levels in normotensive women with android fat distribution, independently of BMI. ..
- Valenti L, Dongiovanni P, Fracanzani A, Santorelli G, Fatta E, Bertelli C, et al. Increased susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in heterozygotes for the mutation responsible for hereditary hemochromatosis. Dig Liver Dis. 2003;35:172-8 pubmed..The mild iron overload associated with heterozygosity for C282Y HFE mutation confers susceptibility to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, causing relative insulin deficiency. ..
- Cupini L, Bari M, Battista N, Argiro G, Finazzi Agro A, Calabresi P, et al. Biochemical changes in endocannabinoid system are expressed in platelets of female but not male migraineurs. Cephalalgia. 2006;26:277-81 pubmed..The involvement of the endocannabinoid system in migraine is new and broadens our knowledge of this widespread and multifactorial disease. ..
- Bonati M, Russo S, Finelli P, Valsecchi M, Cogliati F, Cavalleri F, et al. Evaluation of autism traits in Angelman syndrome: a resource to unfold autism genes. Neurogenetics. 2007;8:169-78 pubmed..Evaluation of the behaviour domain suggested that repetitive sensory and motor behaviours correlate with a low developmental profile rather than being specific to autism. ..