Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in China
Publications524 found, 100 shown here
- Zhou D, Chan P, Zhang T, Tully D, Tam J. Sequence diversity of hepatitis C virus 6a within the extended interferon sensitivity-determining region correlates with interferon-alpha/ribavirin treatment outcomes. Virus Res. 2010;153:44-9 pubmed publisher..02-0.05) and S747T (P=0.03) within E2, I861V (P=0.01) within NS2 which located outside the eISDR may also associate with treatment outcome as identified by a prescreening of variations within 14 HCV 6a full genomes. ..
- Chai Z, Li F, Fang M, Wang Y, Ma S, Xiao Y, et al. The bonding property and cytotoxicity of a dental adhesive incorporating a new antibacterial monomer. J Oral Rehabil. 2011;38:849-56 pubmed publisher..Those results suggest that DMAE-CB could be incorporated into the dental adhesive stably without compromising the bonding efficiency and biocompatibility of its parental adhesive. ..
- Li W, Wang X, Zhao J, Lin J, Song X, Yang Y, et al. Association study of myelin transcription factor 1-like polymorphisms with schizophrenia in Han Chinese population. Genes Brain Behav. 2012;11:87-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that MYT1L may represent a susceptibility gene for SZ in the Han Chinese population and show that a specific SNP may increase susceptibility in females. ..
- Leng X, Chen M, Xian L, Dai L, Ma G, Li M. Combined analysis of mRNA expression of ERCC1, BAG-1, BRCA1, RRM1 and TUBB3 to predict prognosis in patients with non-small cell lung cancer who received adjuvant chemotherapy. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2012;31:25 pubmed publisher..017) and OS (P = 0.027 and P = 0.022). ERCC1 and BAG-1 are determinants of survival after surgical treatment of NSCLC, and its mRNA expression in tumor tissues could be used to predict the prognosis of NSCLC treated by platinum. ..
- Chan A, Wong Q, Sze S, Kwong P, Han Y, Cheung M. A Chinese Chan-based mind-body intervention for patients with depression. J Affect Disord. 2012;142:283-9 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest that a Chinese Chan-based Mind-Body intervention has positive effects on improving mood and health conditions of individuals with depression. ..
- Chen X, Chen H, Xu M, Shen J. Targeting reactive nitrogen species: a promising therapeutic strategy for cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:67-77 pubmed publisher..We conclude that modulation for RNS level could be an important therapeutic strategy for preventing cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Hong L, Han Y, Zhang H, Zhao Q, Yang J, Ahuja N. High expression of epidermal growth factor receptor might predict poor survival in patients with colon cancer: a meta-analysis. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2013;17:348-51 pubmed publisher..34 (95% CI: 1.83-2.99), which could significantly predict poorer survival. High expression of EGFR might predict poor survival for patients with colon cancer. ..
- Zhu Y, Zhuang Y, Yang G, Qiang X, Yang L, Shen Y. [Polymorphisms of Fc?RIIA, Fc?RIIIA and Fc?RIIB in patients with immune thrombocytopenia and their clinical significance]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2013;21:135-9 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the polymorphism of Fc?RIIIA-158V/F, but not Fc?RIIA-131H/R or Fc?RIIB-232T/I, correlates with the patient susceptibility and therapeutic response of ITP. ..
- Zhang Y, Cheng G, Xu Z, LI Z, Song C, Li Q, et al. Down regulation of TRAIL and FasL on NK cells by Cyclosporin A in renal transplantation patients. Immunol Lett. 2013;152:1-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CsA may inhibit the transplant rejection partially by down-regulating the expression of TRAIL and FasL on NK cells. ..
- Zhai J, Yu Q, Chen M, Gao Y, Zhang Q, Li J, et al. Association of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene G196A rs6265 polymorphisms and the cognitive function and clinical symptoms of schizophrenia. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:1617-23 pubmed..05). BDNF G196A gene rs6265 polymorphism is not associated with the cognitive function but with the clinical symptoms of schizophrenia. ..
- Wang L, Wang S, Gao T, Wang G. Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma is a lymphatic proliferation. Eur J Dermatol. 2013;23:614-7 pubmed publisher..D2-40 was universally positive in the endothelial cells of proliferated vessels in 3 cases, focally positive in 18 cases. EAH is a lymphatic proliferation and therefore we suggest the name of eccrine lymphangiomatous hamartoma. ..
- Wang M, Yang W, Li M, Li Y. Low expression of miR-150 in pediatric intestinal Burkitt lymphoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2014;96:261-6 pubmed publisher..miR-150 plays an important role in BL by targeting c-Myb and Survivin. Re-expression of miR-150 reduced the proliferation of Raji cells, which suggests it to be a promising novel candidate for tumor treatment. ..
- Zhou J, Yang J, Fan X, Hu S, Zhou F, Dong J, et al. Chaperone-mediated autophagy regulates proliferation by targeting RND3 in gastric cancer. Autophagy. 2016;12:515-28 pubmed publisher..At last, the clinical significance of LAMP2A was explored in 593 gastric noncancerous lesions and 173 GC tissues, the results revealed that LAMP2A is a promising biomarker for GC early warning and prognosis of female GC patients. ..
- Xu S, Cui L, Ma D, Sun W, Wu B. Effect of ITGA5 down-regulation on the migration capacity of human dental pulp stem cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14425-32 pubmed..016). ITGA5 plays an important role in maintaining and regulating the normal migration capacity of hDPSCs. ..
- Lau C, Siu C, Yiu K, Lee K, Chan Y, Tse H. Subclinical atrial fibrillation and stroke: insights from continuous monitoring by implanted cardiac electronic devices. Europace. 2015;17 Suppl 2:ii40-6 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the incidence and clinical role of using implanted devices to detect SCAF and discusses the implication of SCAF so detected in primary and secondary stroke prevention. ..
- Liu H, Ning B, Zhang H, Wang D, Hu Y, Qiao G, et al. Effect of rAAV2-hTGFÎ²1 Gene Transfer on Matrix Synthesis in an In Vivo Rabbit Disk Degeneration Model. Clin Spine Surg. 2016;29:E127-34 pubmed publisher..The rapid and prolonged target protein expressions and increased matrix synthesis indicated that AAV-mediated therapeutic gene transfer can be a promising form of treatment for disk regeneration in vivo. ..
- Zhao D, Zhang Q, Liu Y, Li X, Zhao K, Ding Y, et al. H3K4me3 Demethylase Kdm5a Is Required for NK Cell Activation by Associating with p50 to Suppress SOCS1. Cell Rep. 2016;15:288-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, Kdm5a is required for priming activation of NK cells by suppressing the suppressor, SOCS1. Our study provides insights into the epigenetic regulation of innate immune response of NK cells. ..
- An J, Guo L, Zhou L, Ma Y, Luo Y, Tao C, et al. NDM-producing Enterobacteriaceae in a Chinese hospital, 2014-2015: identification of NDM-producing Citrobacterwerkmanii and acquisition of blaNDM-1-carrying plasmid in vivo in a clinical Escherichia coli isolate. J Med Microbiol. 2016;65:1253-1259 pubmed publisher..werkmanii was identified. An Escherichia coli strain acquired a blaNDM-1-carrying plasmid in vivo. IncX3 and IncA/C plasmids with various sizes might have emerged as the main platforms mediating the spread of the blaNDM genes in China. ..
- Ou X, Hua Y, Liu J, Gong C, Zhao W. Effect of high-flow nasal cannula oxygen therapy in adults with acute hypoxemic respiratory failure: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. CMAJ. 2017;189:E260-E267 pubmed publisher..Larger, high-quality RCTs are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Li X, Zeng Y, Sun R, Liu M, Chen S, Zhang P. SUMOylation in cardiac disorders - a review. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1583-1587 pubmed..So, the present review article would enlighten the latest updates about SUMOylation and associated factors during cardiac disorders. ..
- Regmi R, Mishra B, Masago Y, Luo P, Toyozumi Kojima A, Jalilov S. Applying a water quality index model to assess the water quality of the major rivers in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepal. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:382 pubmed publisher..The study results are expected to provide policy-makers with valuable information related to the use of river water by local people in the study area. ..
- Kwan T, Cheung A, Lo S, Lee P, Tam K, Chan K, et al. Psychological burden of testing positive for high-risk human papillomavirus on women with atypical cervical cytology: a prospective study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011;90:445-51 pubmed publisher..To assess the psychological burden of testing positive for high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) on Chinese women with atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS)...
- Lan H. Diverse roles of TGF-?/Smads in renal fibrosis and inflammation. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:1056-67 pubmed..Thus, targeting the downstream TGF-?/Smad3 signaling pathway by gene transfer of either Smad7 or Smad3-dependent microRNAs may represent a specific and effective therapeutic strategy for kidney disease. ..
- Jianhong L, Xianliang H, Xuewu J. Isolated renal mucormycosis in children. J Urol. 2004;171:387-8 pubmed
- Pan Y, Chen S, Xu J, Liang Z, Song W, Lin S. [Repair of electric burn wound in the upper limbs with lateral intercostal perforator-based pedicled flap]. Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi. 2007;23:55-7 pubmed..To describe an operative method for the repair of electric burn wound in the upper limbs with lateral intercostal perforator-based pedicled flap, and to observe its clinical effect...
- Hu X, Hu C, Fang X, Zhang T. Glomus tumor of the gastric body: helical CT findings. Chin Med J (Engl). 2007;120:1289-91 pubmed
- Wong K, Chung P, Chan K, Fan S, Tam P. Should open Kasai portoenterostomy be performed for biliary atresia in the era of laparoscopy?. Pediatr Surg Int. 2008;24:931-3 pubmed publisher..Laparoscopic Kasai portoenterostomy seems to be associated with more post-operative complications and worse early clinical outcome. As a result, we remain guarded about the present-day technique of laparoscopy for biliary atresia. ..
- Hon K, Leung T, Ching G, Chow C, Luk V, Ko W, et al. Patterns of food and aeroallergen sensitization in childhood eczema. Acta Paediatr. 2008;97:1734-7 pubmed publisher..The SPT information is useful in reassuring parents of the unlikelihood of severe Type 1 immediate IgE reaction to some of the common food and aeroallergens, so that empirical and multiple food avoidance/restriction can be avoided. ..
- Kong A, Ko G, Ozaki R, Wong G, Tong P, Chan J. Metabolic syndrome by the new IDF criteria in Hong Kong Chinese adolescents and its prediction by using body mass index. Acta Paediatr. 2008;97:1738-42 pubmed publisher..1% and 18.1%, respectively, using BMI > or =30 kg/m(2). Metabolic syndrome was found in 1.2% of Chinese adolescents in Hong Kong. BMI is a useful clinical tool to predict clustering of cardiometabolic risk factors in adolescents. ..
- Jin Y, Bin Z, Qiang H, Liang C, Hua C, Jun D, et al. ABCG2 is related with the grade of glioma and resistance to mitoxantone, a chemotherapeutic drug for glioma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2009;135:1369-76 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to explore if ABCG2 is related to the grade of glioma and resistance to chemotherapeutic drug for glioma...
- Tong Y, Jin S, Chiu R, Ding C, Chan K, Leung T, et al. Noninvasive prenatal detection of trisomy 21 by an epigenetic-genetic chromosome-dosage approach. Clin Chem. 2010;56:90-8 pubmed publisher..This approach has the potential to become a generally usable technique for noninvasive prenatal diagnosis. ..
- Gai R, Xu L, Wang X, Liu Z, Cheng J, Zhou C, et al. The role of village doctors on tuberculosis control and the DOTS strategy in Shandong Province, China. Biosci Trends. 2008;2:181-6 pubmed
- Qian Y, Zhang J, Dong J, Wang F, Lin Y, Xu M, et al. [Relationship between polymorphisms of X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 gene Arg194Trp, Arg399Gln and susceptibility of breast cancer]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010;44:242-6 pubmed..The overall ORs (95%CIs) of 399 Arg/Trp + Trp/Trp vs Arg/Arg from Meta analysis was 0.97 (0.85 - 1.10). The XRCC1 Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln may not play an important role in the susceptibility of breast cancer in Chinese women. ..
- Huang C, Du R, Zhang P, Meng H, Jia H, Song Y, et al. Expression, purification, and functional characterization of recombinant PTD-SARA. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:110-7 pubmed publisher..Recombinant PDT-SARA is likely to be a potential candidate for clinical prevention and treatment of renal fibrosis. ..
- Chen Y, Zhong H. [The utilization and limitation of CD133 epitopes in lung cancer stem cells research]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2011;14:825-9 pubmed publisher..The utilization and limitation of CD133 epitopes in lung cancer stem cells research for the past few years is summaried in this review. ..
- Liu G, Li L, Ju S, Zhang W, Qian Y, Zhu X, et al. [Eukaryotic expression and biological activity of recombinant human IL-17B protein]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;28:255-9 pubmed..The obtainment of transgenic 293T cell line stably expressing rhIL-17B protein paved the way for further study on biological functions of hIL-17B. ..
- Dai J, Wan S, Zhou F, Myers R, Guo X, Li B, et al. Genetic polymorphism in a VEGF-independent angiogenesis gene ANGPT1 and overall survival of colorectal cancer patients after surgical resection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34758 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that rs1954727 in ANGPT1 gene might be a prognostic biomarker for the overall survival of CRC patients, especially in those receiving chemotherapy, a finding that warrants validation in larger independent populations. ..
- Wu G, Qian Z, Guo J, Hu D, Bao J, Xie J, et al. Ganoderma lucidum extract induces G1 cell cycle arrest, and apoptosis in human breast cancer cells. Am J Chin Med. 2012;40:631-42 pubmed..In conclusion, ESAC exerts anti-proliferation effects by inducing DNA damage, G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human breast cancer cells. ..
- Xue L, Li Y, Han X, Yao L, Yuan J, Qin W, et al. Investigation of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels in interstitial cells of Cajal of human bladder. Urology. 2012;80:224.e13-8 pubmed publisher..HCN1, HCN2, HCN3, and HCN4 channels are identified in ICCs of human bladder tissue, and the expression of the HCN4 channel exceeded that of the other subtypes. ..
- Shen P, Kong L, Ni L, Guo H, Yang S, Zhang L, et al. Acupuncture intervention in ischemic stroke: a randomized controlled prospective study. Am J Chin Med. 2012;40:685-93 pubmed publisher..The resuscitating acupuncture intervention could also improve self-care ability and quality of life, evaluated with BI, NIHSS, CSS, Oxford Handicap Scale (OHS), and SS-QOL. ..
- Deng F, Dong S, Xu X, Liu Y, Liu Y, Shen H, et al. Genome-wide association study identified UQCC locus for spine bone size in humans. Bone. 2013;53:129-33 pubmed publisher..This study identified a novel locus, i.e., the UQCC gene, for spine BS variation in humans. Future functional studies will contribute to elucidating the mechanisms by which UQCC regulates bone growth and development. ..
- Zhang K, Chen W, Zhang Y, Ge Y, Ju S, Yang P, et al. An anti-human CD13 monoclonal antibody that suppresses the suppressive function of Treg cells. Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 2013;32:16-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrated that MAb 9E4 suppresses the suppressive function of Treg cells. This functional anti-human CD13 MAb provides a valuable tool for further study targeting the CD13 positive Treg cells. ..
- Ren H, Hua Q, Quan M, Chen H, Hou H, Wang L, et al. Relationship between the red cell distribution width and the one-year outcomes in Chinese patients with stable angina pectoris. Intern Med. 2013;52:1769-74 pubmed..001) during a one-year follow-up in patients with stable angina pectoris. The present study indicates that an elevated RDW value is associated with an increased risk of one-year adverse outcomes in patients with stable angina pectoris. ..
- Ding Y, Shen J, Zhang G, Chen X, Wu J, Chen W. CD40 controls CXCR5-induced recruitment of myeloid-derived suppressor cells to gastric cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:38901-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study provides preliminary evidence that CD40 may stimulate tumor growth by enabling immune evasion via MDSC recruitment and inhibition of T cell expansion. ..
- Xu Y, Zhang M, Li W, Zhu X, Bao X, Qin B, et al. Transcriptional Control of Somatic Cell Reprogramming. Trends Cell Biol. 2016;26:272-88 pubmed publisher..We summarize the current knowledge of transcriptional regulation in somatic cell reprogramming, and highlight new perspectives that may help to reshape existing paradigms. ..
- Cao Y, Lan W, Li Y, Wei C, Zou H, Jiang L. Single nucleotide polymorphism of NKX2-5 gene with sporadic congenital heart disease in Chinese Bai population. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14917-24 pubmed..The allele and genotype were associated with the occurrence of CHD. The novel DSV (1433A>G) may be relevant with TOF and PLSVC, and the SNP rs2277923 of NKX2-5 gene contributes to the risk of sporadic CHD in Chinese Bai people. ..
- Li M, Zhang J, Liang Q, Xuan C, Wu J, Jiang P, et al. Exploring genetic associations with ceRNA regulation in the human genome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5653-5665 pubmed publisher..These results provide a comprehensive catalog of functional non-coding regulatory variants that may be responsible for ceRNA crosstalk at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Wang Y, Ma T, Zhu Y, Chu X, Yao S, Wang H, et al. The KSR2-rs7973260 Polymorphism is Associated with Metabolic Phenotypes, but Not Psychological Phenotypes, in Chinese Elders. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2017;21:416-421 pubmed publisher..However, the KSR2-rs7973260?A allele exhibited pleiotropic effects on some metabolic phenotypes in Chinese elders. These effects should be validated in future studies. ..
- Tu W, Guo M, Shi X, Cai Y, Liu Q, Fu C. First-Trimester Serum Fatty Acid-Binding Protein 4 and Subsequent Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;130:1011-1016 pubmed publisher..To examine whether plasma fatty acid-binding protein 4 concentrations, measured in the first trimester, are associated with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- Duan W, Jin X, Li Q, Tashiro S, Onodera S, Ikejima T. Silibinin induced autophagic and apoptotic cell death in HT1080 cells through a reactive oxygen species pathway. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;113:48-56 pubmed..O(2)*(-) also contributed to silibinin-induced cell death. ..
- Pan X, Du W, Yu X, Sheng G, Cao H, Yu C, et al. Establishment and characterization of immortalized porcine hepatocytes for the study of hepatocyte xenotransplantation. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:1899-906 pubmed publisher..Cotransfection of SV40 LT and hTERT immortalized primary porcine hepatocytes without tumorigenicity in vitro. The Immortalized porcine hepatocytes served as a potential cell resource for xenotransplantation. ..
- Jia Z, Zhao W, Fan L, Sheng W. The expression of PCNA, c-erbB-2, p53, ER and PR as well as atypical hyperplasia in tissues nearby the breast cancer. J Mol Histol. 2012;43:115-20 pubmed publisher..05). Beyond the paracarcinoma 2 cm distance, the tissues showed significant decreases in tumor gene expression, which could represent the appropriate region for breast conservative surgery. ..
- Gu Z, Suburu J, Chen H, Chen Y. Mechanisms of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in prostate cancer prevention. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:824563 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on several key areas where progress has been made recently to highlight the role of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid in prostate cancer prevention. ..
- Hu Y, Lai J, Wan B, Liu X, Zhang Y, Zhang J, et al. Long-term exposure to ELF-MF ameliorates cognitive deficits and attenuates tau hyperphosphorylation in 3xTg AD mice. Neurotoxicology. 2016;53:290-300 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ELF-MF exposure could act as a valid therapeutic strategy for ameliorating cognitive deficits and attenuating tau hyperphosphorylation in AD. ..
- Zhao L, Wang Z, Xu J, Wei Y, Guan Y, Liu C, et al. A randomized controlled trial comparing single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy using a novel instrument to that using a common instrument. Int J Surg. 2016;32:174-8 pubmed publisher..However, SILC with a novel instrument has fewer complications and a tendency to safer than SILC with a conservative instrument, and it could be a possible alternative in cholecystectomy. ..
- Liu S, Lin H, Lin C, Sun X, Ye L, Qiu F, et al. TIMELESS confers cisplatin resistance in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by activating the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathway and promoting the epithelial mesenchymal transition. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:117-130 pubmed publisher..TIMELESS may play a role in the development of NPC and could represent a valuable prognostic factor and potential therapeutic target. ..
- Lui T. Arthroscopic interpositional arthroplasty for Freiberg's disease. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2007;15:555-9 pubmed..Loose body is removed and joint surfaces are debrided. Extensor digitorum brevis tendon graft is harvested and rolled and brought into the joint. The technique is easy and can be performed on outpatient basis...
- Zhao X, Jia G, Liu Y, Liu S, Yan L, Jin Y, et al. Association between polymorphisms of DNA repair gene XRCC1 and DNA damage in asbestos-exposed workers. Biomed Environ Sci. 2006;19:232-8 pubmed..DNA repair gene XRCC1 codon 399 may be responsible for the inter-individual susceptibility in DNA damage and repair capacities. ..
- Jia M, Yang T, Yao X, Meng J, Meng J, Mei Q. [Anti-oxidative effect of Angelica polysaccharide sulphate]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2007;30:185-8 pubmed..3 -100microg/ml, APS significantly increased cell viabilty, GSH and SOD activity,while decreased MDA in a dose dependent manner( P < 0. 05 or P <0.01). APS has anti-oxidative effect,which may be one of its anti-AIDS mechanisms. ..
- Huang M, Li J, Zhao G, Sui X, Zhao X, Xu H. Immunophenotype of myeloid granulocytes: a pilot study for distinguishing myelodysplastic syndrome and aplastic anemia by flow cytometry. Int J Lab Hematol. 2010;32:275-81 pubmed publisher..05). These data suggest that immunophenotype of myeloid granulocytes may be a useful parameter for the differential diagnosis of MDS and AA. ..
- Yuan K, Qin W, Liu J, Guo Q, Dong M, Sun J, et al. Altered small-world brain functional networks and duration of heroin use in male abstinent heroin-dependent individuals. Neurosci Lett. 2010;477:37-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that there is abnormal functional organization in heroin-dependent individuals and that the duration of heroin use is a critical factor leading to the altered brain connectivity...
- To K, Yu L, Liu S, Fu J, Cho C. Constitutive AhR activation leads to concomitant ABCG2-mediated multidrug resistance in cisplatin-resistant esophageal carcinoma cells. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51:449-64 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore advocate the use of these inhibitors as novel chemosensitizers for the treatment of esophageal cancer. ..
- Tang W, Chen Y, Lu J, Chu W, Mok V, Ungvari G, et al. Cerebral microbleeds and depression in lacunar stroke. Stroke. 2011;42:2443-6 pubmed publisher..08 (P=0.032). The results suggest that lobar CMB may play a role in the development of PSD. The importance of CMB in the pathogenesis of depression in stroke survivors and the general elderly population warrants further investigation. ..
- Liang J, Wu S, Feng B, Lei S, Luo G, Wang J, et al. Factor V Leiden and inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:1158-66 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis indicated that although Factor V Leiden mutation was not significantly associated with the risk of IBD, it was significantly associated with a higher risk of thromboembolism in IBD patients. ..
- Li S, Xue C, Fu Y, Wang J, Ding X, Liu R, et al. Sporadic case infected by severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome bunyavirus in a non-epidemic region of China. Biosci Trends. 2011;5:273-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that SFTSV can occur in a non-epidemic area due to a similar strain of SFTSV that apparently affect the blood system, implying the importance of dissecting the pathogenesis of SFTS as well as mode of infection...
- Kang Y, Dong X, Zhou Q, Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Hu R, et al. Identification of novel candidate maternal serum protein markers for Down syndrome by integrated proteomic and bioinformatic analysis. Prenat Diagn. 2012;32:284-92 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to identify candidate protein biomarkers from maternal serum for Down syndrome (DS) by integrated proteomic and bioinformatics analysis...
- Cheung W, Luk K. Clinical and radiological outcomes after conservative treatment of TB spondylitis: is the 15 years' follow-up in the MRC study long enough?. Eur Spine J. 2013;22 Suppl 4:594-602 pubmed publisher..Conservative treatment with chemotherapy is still the main stay of treatment. This article focuses on the clinical and radiological outcomes, and problems with conservative treatment...
- Dong M, Zheng Q, Ford S, Nathanielsz P, Ren J. Maternal obesity, lipotoxicity and cardiovascular diseases in offspring. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;55:111-6 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "Focus on Cardiac Metabolism". ..
- Hao T, Feng W, Zhang J, Sun Y, Wang G. Association of four ERCC1 and ERCC2 SNPs with survival of bone tumour patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:3821-4 pubmed
- Guo S, Gao M, Li X, Li Y, Chu S, Zhu D, et al. Lack of association between NADPH quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) gene C609T polymorphism and lung cancer: a case-control study and a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47939 pubmed publisher..Our study in northeastern Han Chinese, along with the meta-analysis, failed to confirm the association of NQO1 gene C609T polymorphism with lung cancer risk, even across different ethnic populations. ..
- Chen F, Zhang D, Yang Q, Yong J, Du G, Si J, et al. Bioinspired wetting surface via laser microfabrication. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013;5:6777-92 pubmed publisher..These approaches open the intriguing possibility of the development of advanced interfaces equipped with the integration of more functionalities. ..
- Geng C, Tang X, Guan F, Johns J, Vasudevan L, Gong C, et al. GEANT4 calculations of neutron dose in radiation protection using a homogeneous phantom and a Chinese hybrid male phantom. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2016;168:433-40 pubmed publisher..Activating the thermal scattering with an S matrix correction in GEANT4 with HP and MCNP5 in thermal energy range can reduce the difference between these two codes. ..
- Feng Y, Zhou H, Zhai P, Zhang Y, Sun L. [Precision validation of 3-D reconstruction of the craniofacial hard tissues based on 2-D digital radiograph]. Shanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue. 2016;25:181-6 pubmed..This 3-D reconstruction system could be used in clinic for diagnosis and operation simulation. ..
- Han S, Chen R, Fang W, Fu R, Wen J, Zhang X, et al. Investigation of the use of serology and ultrasonography to detect hepatic cystic echinococcosis in Heilongjiang, China, using a Bayesian framework. Acta Trop. 2016;162:212-217 pubmed publisher..This may have applications for surveillance within the province. ..
- Qiu P, Zhang S, Zhou Y, Zhu M, Kang Y, Chen D, et al. Synthesis and evaluation of asymmetric curcuminoid analogs as potential anticancer agents that downregulate NF-?B activation and enhance the sensitivity of gastric cancer cell lines to irinotecan chemotherapy. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:917-925 pubmed publisher..Moreover, via its effects on NF-?B, S06 effectively enhanced the sensitivity of the gastric cancer cells to irinotecan. Together, this study provide a series of new curcuminoid analogs as promising cancer therapeutic agents. ..
- Zou H, Zhu C, Wang C, Wang Z, Ma X, Han B, et al. Recurrence of Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Stage A Hepatocellular Carcinoma After Hepatectomy. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:262-267 pubmed publisher..Anatomic resection is preferred for patients with BCLC stage A. Adequate surgical margins are necessary for patients with poor liver function. ..
- Du J, Jin X, Shi Y, Cao Y, Zhao Y, Liu C, et al. [Differential expression of RPL6/Taxreb107 in drug resistant gastric cancer cell line SGC7901/ADR and its correlation with multiple-drug resistance]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2003;25:21-5 pubmed..The high expression of RPL6/Taxreb107 in drug resistant gastric cancer cell shows its correlation with multiple-drug resistance in gastric cancer. ..
- Ho J, Lam W, Ooi G, Wong M, Lam J, Ip M, et al. Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the lung in a patient with silicosis. Eur Respir J. 2003;22:383-6 pubmed..A combination of 5-fluorouracil, cisplatin and calcium folinate resulted in partial tumour response. ..
- Fong W, Tse A, Poon K, Wang C. Magnolol and honokiol enhance HL-60 human leukemia cell differentiation induced by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and retinoic acid. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:427-41 pubmed..It is evident that MG and HK are potential differentiation enhancing agents which may allow the use of low doses of VD3 and ATRA in the treatment for acute promyelocytic leukemia. ..
- Liang J, Luo G, Ning X, Shi Y, Zhai H, Sun S, et al. Differential expression of calcium-related genes in gastric cancer cells transfected with cellular prion protein. Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;85:375-83 pubmed..Though the underlying mechanisms need further exploration, this study provides a new insight into the role of PrPC in gastric cancer and enriches our knowledge of prion protein. ..
- Chang T, Li X, Zhao X. Relationship between various Chinese medicine types and T-cell subsets in patients with ulcerative colitis. Chin J Integr Med. 2009;15:220-3 pubmed publisher..To investigate the relationship between various Chinese medicine (CM) types and T-cell subsets (CD4(+) and CD8(+)) in the colonic mucous membranes of patients with ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Guo Z, Hu X, Wu M, Zhou M, Zhou Z. [A prospective study on the association between dyslipidemia and hypertension]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2009;30:554-8 pubmed..Dyslipidemia might occur before being hypertensive. Hypertension was associated with HDL-C, TC/HDL-C and TG or even exclusion of obesity, diabetes and factors of smoking and drinking or baseline level of SBP, DBP were adjusted. ..
- Zhang X, Huang X, Mu S, An Q, Xia A, Chen R, et al. Inhibition of proliferation of prostate cancer cell line, PC-3, in vitro and in vivo using (-)-gossypol. Asian J Androl. 2010;12:390-9 pubmed publisher..It suggested that cell apoptosis and inhibition of angiogenesis might contribute to the anticancer action of (-)-gossypol. ..
- Zhang J, Liu Q, Zhang W, Li J, Li Z, Tang Z, et al. Comparative profiling of genes and miRNAs expressed in the newborn, young adult, and aged human epididymides. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:145-53 pubmed..This study provides a basic database as well as new insights and foundations for further studies on the complex regulation of gene expression in the epididymis. ..
- Lu W, Zou Y, Feng X, Yuan F, Gu Y, Li X, et al. Association of NOD1 (CARD4) insertion/deletion polymorphism with susceptibility to IBD: a meta-analysis. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:4348-56 pubmed..59-0.85, P = 0.0003). This meta-analysis demonstrates an association between NOD1/CARD4 insertion/deletion polymorphism and inflammatory bowel disease in the younger age group at onset (< 40 years) in Caucasian populations. ..
- Shen L, Liu Z, Tu Y, Xu L, Sun X, Wu S. Regulation of MMP-2 expression and activity by ?-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-8 in AGS gastric cancer cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1541-50 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results reveal a new mechanism by which ?3Gn-T8 can regulate MMP-2 and TIMP-2. We suggest that ?3Gn-T8 can be used as a novel therapeutic target for human gastric treatment. ..