Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on epithelium in Japan
- Abe T, Sugaya H, Yoshimura K. Analysis of T cell populations and IL-3 mRNA expression in mesenteric lymph node cells and intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes in Strongyloides ratti-infected mice. J Helminthol. 1998;72:1-8 pubmed..In contrast, SCF mRNA levels were similar in IEL of uninfected and infected animals and only a modest increase in IL-4 mRNA was observed in IEL of infected mice...
- Kadoya Y, Yamashina S. Localization of laminin-5, HD1/plectin, and BP230 in the submandibular glands of developing and adult mice. Histochem Cell Biol. 1999;112:417-25 pubmed..The results also suggest that the developing duct epithelium interacts with laminin-5 through the type II hemidesmosome, which later matures into a typical hemidesmosome upon the onset of expression of BP230. ..
- Fujita T, Kishimoto A, Shiba H, Hayashida K, Kajiya M, Uchida Y, et al. Irsogladine maleate regulates neutrophil migration and E-cadherin expression in gingival epithelium stimulated by Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:1496-505 pubmed publisher..actinomycetemcomitans. In conclusion, IM may control A. actinomycetemcomitans-induced gingival inflammation by regulating neutrophil migration and E-cadherin expression in gingival epithelium...
- Inoue J, Iwaoka T, Tokunaga H, Takamune K, Naomi S, Araki M, et al. A family with Liddle's syndrome caused by a new missense mutation in the beta subunit of the epithelial sodium channel. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998;83:2210-3 pubmed..001). These findings provide further clinical evidence for the hypothesis that a conserved PY motif may be critically important for the regulation of the epithelial sodium channel. ..
- Kakigi A, Nishimura M, Takeda T, Taguchi D, Nishioka R. Expression of aquaporin1, 3, and 4, NKCC1, and NKCC2 in the human endolymphatic sac. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2009;36:135-9 pubmed publisher..To locate aquaporin (AQP) 1, 3, and 4, Na-K-2Cl cotransporter (NKCC) 1 and 2 in the human endolymphatic sac (ES)...
- Manabe M, Lim H, Winzer M, Loomis C. Architectural organization of filiform papillae in normal and black hairy tongue epithelium: dissection of differentiation pathways in a complex human epithelium according to their patterns of keratin expression. Arch Dermatol. 1999;135:177-81 pubmed
- Usui T, Suzuki K, Kaji Y, Amano S, Miyata K, Heldin P, et al. Hyaluronan synthase expression in bovine eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1999;40:563-7 pubmed..Hyaluronan synthase isoforms were expressed in the ocular anterior segment and are speculated to be involved in HA production in situ. ..
- Nakamura T, Maruyama K, Kashiwabara H, Sunayama K, Ohata K, Fukazawa A, et al. Diverticulitis causing a high serum level of carbohydrate antigen 19-9: report of a case. Surg Today. 2002;32:282-4 pubmed..Therefore, a possible explanation for the high level of this tumor marker was diverticulitis of the sigmoid colon. ..
- Suzuki Y. Role of IGFBPs in the morphogenesis of lingual papillae. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2005;286:841-7 pubmed..As previously suggested from a study on postnatal mice (Suzuki et al. J Comp Neurol 2005;482:74-84), IGFBP-4 acts in the epithelial invagination to form the trenches, grooves, or furrows of lingual papillae during development. ..
- Nakamuta S, Nakamuta N, Taniguchi K. Ultrastructure of the olfactory epithelium in a flatfish, barfin flounder (Verasper moseri). J Vet Med Sci. 2010;72:801-4 pubmed..Crypt cell is the third type of olfactory receptor cell unique to fish, whose function is unclear. The barfin flounder may be a suitable material to study crypt cells because it has relatively abundant crypt cells in the OE...
- Fujiwara Y, Higuchi K, Takashima T, Hamaguchi M, Hayakawa T, Tominaga K, et al. Roles of epidermal growth factor and Na+/H+ exchanger-1 in esophageal epithelial defense against acid-induced injury. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;290:G665-73 pubmed..Deficiency in endogenous EGF is associated with increased severity of esophagitis. EGF and NHE-1 play crucial roles in esophageal epithelial defense against acid. ..
- Iseki S, Araga A, Ohuchi H, Nohno T, Yoshioka H, Hayashi F, et al. Sonic hedgehog is expressed in epithelial cells during development of whisker, hair, and tooth. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;218:688-93 pubmed..The Shh expression continues in developing ameloblasts. These results suggest that SHH is an essential epithelial signaling molecule in epithelio-mesenchymal interactions for the terminal differentiation. ..
- Kamoshida S, Tsutsumi Y. Extraprostatic localization of prostatic acid phosphatase and prostate-specific antigen: distribution in cloacogenic glandular epithelium and sex-dependent expression in human anal gland. Hum Pathol. 1990;21:1108-11 pubmed
- Ogino Y, Suzuki K, Haraguchi R, Satoh Y, Dolle P, Yamada G. External genitalia formation: role of fibroblast growth factor, retinoic acid signaling, and distal urethral epithelium. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2001;948:13-31 pubmed..In RA-treated embryos, Fgf8 expression was still detected in the distal GT regions. Possible regulatory roles of the FGF and RA signaling systems in external genitalia formation are discussed. ..
- Ohuchi H. Wakayama Symposium: Epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in eyelid development. Ocul Surf. 2012;10:212-6 pubmed publisher..In this review, eyelid morphogenetic factors or pathways are described, as revealed by their mutant phenotype, eye-open at birth (EOB). These include FGFR2b-FGF10, EGFR-ERK, MEKK-JNK, BMP, Shh, Wnt, GPR48, Jun, Forkhead, and Grainyhead. ..
- Sasagawa I. Fine structure of tooth germs during the formation of enameloid matrix in Tilapia nilotica, a teleost fish. Arch Oral Biol. 1995;40:801-14 pubmed..It is proposed that odontoblasts are involved in the formation of a considerable portion of the enameloid matrix, including collagen fibrils. ..
- Chen X, Oshima T, Tomita T, Fukui H, Watari J, Matsumoto T, et al. Acidic bile salts modulate the squamous epithelial barrier function by modulating tight junction proteins. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;301:G203-9 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights for understanding the role of TJ proteins in esophagitis. ..
- Nagai J, Takano M, Hirozane K, Yasuhara M, Inui K. Specificity of p-aminohippurate transport system in the OK kidney epithelial cell line. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1995;274:1161-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the PAH transport system in OK cells has a substrate specificity similar to that in rat renal proximal tubules, which is involved in the active secretion of various organic anions including drugs...
- Kusakabe Y, Miura H, Hashimoto R, Sugiyama C, Ninomiya Y, Hino A. The neural differentiation gene Mash-1 has a distinct pattern of expression from the taste reception-related genes gustducin and T1R2 in the taste buds. Chem Senses. 2002;27:445-51 pubmed..These observations suggest that Mash-1 could be a candidate for a marker of immature taste receptor cells, including the cells that express gustducin and/or T1R2 at a later stage. ..
- Senda T, Miyashiro I, Matsumine A, Baeg G, Monden T, Kobayashil S, et al. The tumor suppressor protein APC colocalizes with beta-catenin in the colon epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;223:329-34 pubmed..These results suggest that the APC protein functions in cooperation with beta-catenin in the lateral cytoplasm but has other functions independent of beta-catenin in the apical cytoplasm and in microvilli. ..
- Haraguchi R, Suzuki K, Murakami R, Sakai M, Kamikawa M, Kengaku M, et al. Molecular analysis of external genitalia formation: the role of fibroblast growth factor (Fgf) genes during genital tubercle formation. Development. 2000;127:2471-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the FGF system is a key element in orchestrating GT development. ..
- Uehara Y, Sasaguri M, Kinoshita A, Tsuji E, Kiyose H, Taniguchi H, et al. Genetic analysis of the epithelial sodium channel in Liddle's syndrome. J Hypertens. 1998;16:1131-5 pubmed..A genetic analysis of the amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel is recommended in assessing patients with low-renin, salt-sensitive hypertension whose blood pressure is not responsive to spironolactone treatment. ..
- Matsuo I, Kuratani S, Kimura C, Takeda N, Aizawa S. Mouse Otx2 functions in the formation and patterning of rostral head. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2646-58 pubmed..The evolutionary significance of Otx2 mutant phenotypes was discussed for the innovation of the neurocranium and the jaw. ..
- Fujisawa T, Sugiyama M, Tomimoto A, Wada K, Endo H, Takahashi H, et al. Inhibition of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma promotes tumorigenesis through activation of the beta-catenin / T cell factor (TCF) pathway in the mouse intestine. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;108:535-44 pubmed..beta-Catenin contributes to the promotion of tumorigenesis by PPARgamma antagonist due to activation of TCF/LEF (lymphoid enhancer factor) transcriptional factor. ..
- Matsuoka M, Yoshida Matsuoka J, Costanzo R, Ichikawa M. Surface changes in the rat vomeronasal epithelium during degeneration and regeneration of sensory receptor cells. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2000;201:467-73 pubmed..Thus, an important role of vomeronasal supporting cells may be to maintain the structural integrity of the epithelium during turnover of the receptor cell population. ..
- Kobayashi M, Nakamura H, Yodoi J, Shiota K. Ontogenesis of anti-oxidative enzymes in mouse embryos and fetuses: an immunohistochemical study. Ital J Anat Embryol. 2001;106:137-42 pubmed..These results suggest that TRX and GRX may be associated with tissue differentiation in embryos and fetuses are involved in the acquisition of the capacity of resistance against oxygen radicals. ..
- Nagai N, Nakano K, Sado Y, Naito I, Gunduz M, Tsujigiwa H, et al. Localization of type IV collagen a 1 to a 6 chains in basement membrane during mouse molar germ development. Int J Dev Biol. 2001;45:827-31 pubmed..These findings suggest that stage- and position-specific distribution of type IV collagen alpha subunits occur during molar germ development and that these changes are essential for molar morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation. ..
- Miura T, Shiota K. Depletion of FGF acts as a lateral inhibitory factor in lung branching morphogenesis in vitro. Mech Dev. 2002;116:29-38 pubmed..These results suggest that the depletion of FGF may be a key regulatory component in initial phase of branching morphogenesis of the lung bud epithelium in vitro. ..
- Ota H, Igarashi S, Sato N, Tanaka H, Tanaka T. Involvement of catalase in the endometrium of patients with endometriosis and adenomyosis. Fertil Steril. 2002;78:804-9 pubmed..Abnormal expression of catalase in the eutopic and ectopic endometrium strongly suggests pathologic involvement of free radicals in endometriosis and adenomyosis. ..
- Tanaka E, Hamaguchi M, Eguchi Y, Ishii S, Okauchi T, Aikawa T, et al. Influence of aging on tooth eruption: experimental canine mandibular allograft. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;62:353-60 pubmed..Aging is clinically related to tooth eruption; however, there are no known studies that have elucidated the relationship. We examined whether tooth eruption would occur normally in a mature subject...
- Odajima T, Sasaki Y, Tanaka N, Kato Mori Y, Asanuma H, Ikeda T, et al. Abnormal beta-catenin expression in oral cancer with no gene mutation: correlation with expression of cyclin D1 and epidermal growth factor receptor, Ki-67 labeling index, and clinicopathological features. Hum Pathol. 2005;36:234-41 pubmed..However, mutations of beta-catenin do not appear to be responsible for tumor development and abnormal expression of beta-catenin in oral cancers. ..
- Wakisaka S, Tabata M, Maeda T, Matsumoto K, Wanaka A, Muramatsu H, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of pleiotrophin and midkine in the lingual epithelium of the adult rat. Arch Histol Cytol. 1998;61:475-80 pubmed..It was suggested that these molecules may be involved in the differentiation and maintenance of taste bud cells, possible via their trophic effect upon approaching nerves. ..
- Hashimoto N, Phan S, Imaizumi K, Matsuo M, Nakashima H, Kawabe T, et al. Endothelial-mesenchymal transition in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;43:161-72 pubmed publisher..These findings are the first to show that lung capillary endothelial cells could give rise to significant numbers of fibroblasts through an endothelial-mesenchymal transition in bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis model...
- Sakamoto K, Resau J, Shamsuddin A, Yuasa Y, Hoshino H, Nakano G, et al. Long-term explant culture of human colon and a 3-step transformation model for rat colonic epithelium. Pathobiology. 1991;59:404-11 pubmed..g., ulcerative colitis; Barret's esophagus, etc.). ..
- Sibata M, Ikeda H, Katumata K, Takeuchi K, Wakisaka A, Yoshoki T. Human endogenous retroviruses: expression in various organs in vivo and its regulation in vitro. Leukemia. 1997;11 Suppl 3:145-6 pubmed..The evidence suggests that distinct regulatory pathways may exist for the expression of human endogenous retroviruses in different cell types. ..
- Tsuura Y, Hiraki H, Watanabe K, Igarashi S, Shimamura K, Fukuda T, et al. Preferential localization of c-kit product in tissue mast cells, basal cells of skin, epithelial cells of breast, small cell lung carcinoma and seminoma/dysgerminoma in human: immunohistochemical study on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues. Virchows Arch. 1994;424:135-41 pubmed..The c-kit product may be a useful marker in diagnostic pathology of seminoma/dysgerminoma and SCLC among human solid tumours, and in distinction of SCLC from non-pulmonary small cell carcinoma...
- Watarai M, Tobe T, Yoshikawa M, Sasakawa C. Disulfide oxidoreductase activity of Shigella flexneri is required for release of Ipa proteins and invasion of epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4927-31 pubmed..These results indicated that the DsbA protein performs an essential function during the invasion of mammalian cells, by facilitating transport of the Spa32 protein across the outer membrane...
- Kawata Y, Mimuro J, Kaneko M, Shimada K, Sakata Y. Expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor 2 in the adult and embryonic mouse tissues. Thromb Haemost. 1996;76:569-76 pubmed..These data suggest that PAI-2 may play a role in protecting the mouse embryo from the protease attack in the amniotic fluid and also in maintaining and/or protecting the structure of various surfaces in the mouse. ..
- Kawano N, Ito T, Kitamura H, Shibagaki T, Kameda Y, Nakamura N, et al. Immunoexpression of the alpha subunit of a guanine nucleotide-binding protein (Go) in pulmonary neuroendocrine cells and neoplasms. Pathol Int. 1996;46:393-8 pubmed..The biological significance of Go alpha is unclear in normal and neoplastic lung tissues, but Go alpha is a useful marker of neuroendocrine cells and neoplasma of the lung. ..
- Ishii T, Aoki N, Noda A, Adachi T, Nakamura R, Matsuda T. Carboxy-terminal cytoplasmic domain of mouse butyrophilin specifically associates with a 150-kDa protein of mammary epithelial cells and milk fat globule membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1245:285-92 pubmed..These results suggest that butyrophilin might be physiologically associated with xanthine dehydrogenase/oxidase and might function in a complex form in milk fat secretion. ..
- Sugahara K, Iyama K, Sano K, Kuroki Y, Akino T, Matsumoto M. Overexpression of surfactant protein SP-A, SP-B, and SP-C mRNA in rat lungs with lipopolysaccharide-induced injury. Lab Invest. 1996;74:209-20 pubmed..These results suggest that proliferation and differentiation of alveolar epithelial cells may play important roles in the repair process of the damaged alveoli after acute lung injury. ..
- Nozaki M, Mori M, Matsushiro A. The complete sequence of the gene encoding mouse cytokeratin 15. Gene. 1994;138:197-200 pubmed..The 5' upstream regions of the mouse and human K15 genes contain homologous sequences around the respective TATA boxes, suggesting that the same factors are involved in the regulation of their transcription. ..
- Sako A, Kitayama J, Shida D, Suzuki R, Sakai T, Ohta H, et al. Lysophosphatidic acid (LPA)-induced vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) by mesothelial cells and quantification of host-derived VEGF in malignant ascites. J Surg Res. 2006;130:94-101 pubmed..Because tumor growth is often associated with an increase of LPA concentration in ascites, stimulation of VEGF production in PMC might have an important role in the growth of cancer cells disseminated in the peritoneal cavity. ..
- Nakayama K, Kim W, Torii S, Hosaka M, Nakagawa T, Ikemizu J, et al. Identification of the fourth member of the mammalian endoprotease family homologous to the yeast Kex2 protease. Its testis-specific expression. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:5897-900 pubmed..These data suggest that PC4 represents a prime candidate for a precursor-processing endoprotease in the testicular germ cells and that its gene expression is regulated during spermatogenesis. ..
- Matsuura K, Bunai Y, Ohya I, Hara A, Nakanishi M, Sawada H. Ultrastructural localization of carbonyl reductase in mouse lung. Histochem J. 1994;26:311-6 pubmed..These results clearly indicate the localization of carbonyl reductase to the mitochondrial matrix of these epithelial cells, of which the non-ciliated bronchiolar cells contained particularly high amounts of the enzyme. ..
- Miyazaki K, Kikkawa Y, Nakamura A, Yasumitsu H, Umeda M. A large cell-adhesive scatter factor secreted by human gastric carcinoma cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:11767-71 pubmed..These results indicate that the protein, named "ladsin," is probably an extracellular matrix protein that regulates cell-cell and cell-substrate interactions and cell migration. ..
- Saitoh M, Nishitoh H, Amagasa T, Miyazono K, Takagi M, Ichijo H. Identification of important regions in the cytoplasmic juxtamembrane domain of type I receptor that separate signaling pathways of transforming growth factor-beta. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:2769-75 pubmed..These observations indicate that serine 172 and threonine 176 of T beta R-I are dispensable for extracellular matrix protein production but essential to the growth inhibition by TGF-beta. ..
- Yoshiba K, Yoshiba N, Aberdam D, Meneguzzi G, Perrin Schmitt F, Stoetzel C, et al. Differential expression of laminin-5 subunits during incisor and molar development in the mouse. Int J Dev Biol. 2000;44:337-40 pubmed..The asymmetrical expression of laminin-5 might be related to incisor morphogenesis and to the differences in histogenesis and cytodifferentiation of the IDE that exist in the labial versus lingual aspect of the cervical loop. ..
- Hieda Y, Iwai K, Morita T, Nakanishi Y. Mouse embryonic submandibular gland epithelium loses its tissue integrity during early branching morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 1996;207:395-403 pubmed
- Ohta S, Suzuki K, Tachibana K, Tanaka H, Yamada G. Cessation of gastrulation is mediated by suppression of epithelial-mesenchymal transition at the ventral ectodermal ridge. Development. 2007;134:4315-24 pubmed..These indicate that the inhibition of Bmp signaling by temporal and/or spatial Nog expression suppresses EMT and leads to the cessation of the ingressive cell movement from the VER at the end of gastrulation. ..
- Yumoto E, Sanuki T, Miyamaru S, Kumai Y. Does subepithelial hemorrhage cause persistence of laryngeal granuloma?. Laryngoscope. 2008;118:932-7 pubmed publisher..Accumulation of hemosiderin in the subepithelial layer, together with little blood flow and dense connective tissue in the cartilaginous portion of the vocal fold, are important factors contributing to the persistence of LG. ..
- Maeda Y, Hirota J, Yoneda K, Osaki T. Immunohistochemical study of jaw cysts: different existence of keratins in odontogenic and non-odontogenic epithelial linings. J Oral Pathol Med. 1990;19:289-94 pubmed..Based on the results, concomitant examinations of SC with keratins will be helpful in deciding the epithelial derivation of jaw cysts...
- Yoshida Y, Ban Y, Kinoshita S. Tight junction transmembrane protein claudin subtype expression and distribution in human corneal and conjunctival epithelium. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:2103-8 pubmed publisher..The distribution of goblet cells in conjunctival epithelium also influences the difference in barrier function. ..
- Toyomura K, Fujimura T, Murakami H, Natsume T, Shigehisa T, Inoue N, et al. Molecular cloning of a pig homologue of membrane cofactor protein (CD46). Int Immunol. 1997;9:869-76 pubmed..FACS analysis with anti-pMCP mAb demonstrated that pMCP is expressed on all blood leukocytes, erythrocytes, and on endothelial and epithelial cell lines. ..
- Kirigaya A, Hayashi S, Iguchi T, Sato T. Developmental effects of ethinylestradiol on reproductive organs of female mice. In Vivo. 2006;20:867-73 pubmed..Thus, it is clear that prenatal exposure to EE2 or DES induces reproductive abnormalities, including PF, ovary-independent vaginal epithelial stratification and cornification. ..
- Kondo T, Hashimoto Y, Kato K, Inagaki S, Hayashi S, Kageyama Y. Small peptide regulators of actin-based cell morphogenesis encoded by a polycistronic mRNA. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:660-5 pubmed..These results demonstrate that pri has essential roles in epithelial morphogenesis by regulating F-actin organization. ..
- Raft S, Andrade L, Shao D, Akiyama H, Henkemeyer M, Wu D. Ephrin-B2 governs morphogenesis of endolymphatic sac and duct epithelia in the mouse inner ear. Dev Biol. 2014;390:51-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that developmental dysplasias described here are a gene dose-sensitive cause of the vestibular dysfunction observed in EphB-Efnb2 signaling-deficient mice. ..
- Sugahara K, Kiyota T, Baba T, Nakamura M, Morioka T. Effects of autonomic agents and chemical mediators on ion transport by canine tracheal epithelium. Jpn J Physiol. 1989;39:421-8 pubmed..Thus, the effects of autonomic agents and chemical mediators on ion transport may explain, in part, the pathogenesis of airway disorders observed in many respiratory diseases. ..
- Hori R, Tanigawara Y, Saito Y, Hayashi Y, Aiba T, Okumura K, et al. Moment analysis of drug disposition in kidney: transcellular transport kinetics of p-aminohippurate in the isolated perfused rat kidney. J Pharm Sci. 1988;77:471-6 pubmed..The present method will be useful for analysis of the transcellular transport mechanism and the effect of disease states on renal transport of drugs...
- Kawahito Y, Sano H, Mukai S, Asai K, Kimura S, Yamamura Y, et al. Corticotropin releasing hormone in colonic mucosa in patients with ulcerative colitis. Gut. 1995;37:544-51 pubmed..These results suggest that CRH may play a part in the modulation of intestinal immune and inflammatory system, and as a modulator in the pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis. ..
- Kadoya Y, Mochizuki M, Nomizu M, Sorokin L, Yamashina S. Role for laminin-alpha5 chain LG4 module in epithelial branching morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2003;263:153-64 pubmed..A5G77f also perturbed in vitro development of lung and kidney. These results suggest a crucial role for the LG4 module of laminin-alpha5 in epithelial morphogenesis that is distinct from that of the laminin-alpha1 LG4. ..
- Semba I, Kitano M, Mimura T, Sonoda S, Miyawaki A. Glandular odontogenic cyst: analysis of cytokeratin expression and clinicopathological features. J Oral Pathol Med. 1994;23:377-82 pubmed..GOC should be separated from the other types of odontogenic cyst and central mucoepidermoid tumours of salivary gland origin...
- Abe K, Kusakabe Y, Tanemura K, Emori Y, Arai S. Primary structure and cell-type specific expression of a gustatory G protein-coupled receptor related to olfactory receptors. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12033-9 pubmed..It is suggested that this gustatory receptor structurally related to olfactory receptors may be a candidate for a taste receptor. ..
- Watanabe K, Hoshi N, Tsuura Y, Kanda T, Fujita M, Fujii H, et al. Immunohistochemical distribution of intestinal 15 kDa protein in human tissues. Arch Histol Cytol. 1995;58:303-6 pubmed..Human I-15P thus represents a distinctive, confined tissue distribution different from the other FABPs and is expected to serve as a useful cellular marker of terminal ileal enterocytes. ..
- Kartasova T, Darwiche N, Kohno Y, Koizumi H, Osada S, Huh N, et al. Sequence and expression patterns of mouse SPR1: Correlation of expression with epithelial function. J Invest Dermatol. 1996;106:294-304 pubmed
- Okochi H, Mine T, Nashiro K, Suzuki J, Fujita T, Furue M. Expression of tetraspans transmembrane family in the epithelium of the gastrointestinal tract. J Clin Gastroenterol. 1999;29:63-7 pubmed..From these data it seems likely that the expression of TSTF molecules might be regulated differentially depending on the site of the GI tract. ..
- Sakamoto O, Iwama A, Amitani R, Takehara T, Yamaguchi N, Yamamoto T, et al. Role of macrophage-stimulating protein and its receptor, RON tyrosine kinase, in ciliary motility. J Clin Invest. 1997;99:701-9 pubmed..Ciliary motility is critical for mucociliary transport. Our findings suggest that the MSP-RON signaling pathway is a novel regulatory system of mucociliary function and might be involved in the host defense and fertilization. ..
- Aoki N, Ishii T, Ohira S, Yamaguchi Y, Negi M, Adachi T, et al. Stage specific expression of milk fat globule membrane glycoproteins in mouse mammary gland: comparison of MFG-E8, butyrophilin, and CD36 with a major milk protein, beta-casein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1334:182-90 pubmed
- Miyashita T, Shah F, Miwa K, Sasaki S, Nishijima K, Oyama K, et al. Impact of inflammation-metaplasia-adenocarcinoma sequence and prevention in surgical rat models. Digestion. 2013;87:6-11 pubmed publisher..Carcinogenesis can be prevented with chemoprevention agents such as rabeprazole. These results will need to be validated in clinical trials...
- Matsuo A, Yoshida T, Yasukawa T, Miki R, Kume K, Kume S. Epiplakin1 is expressed in the cholangiocyte lineage cells in normal liver and adult progenitor cells in injured liver. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:255-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have shown that Eppk1 serves as a useful marker for detecting the hepatic progenitor population in the developing and adult liver. The use of Eppk1 as a marker will facilitate studies of mouse hepatic progenitor cells. ..
- Kamiunten T, Ideno H, Shimada A, Arai Y, Terashima T, Tomooka Y, et al. Essential roles of G9a in cell proliferation and differentiation during tooth development. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:202-210 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that H3K9MTase G9a regulates cell proliferation and timing of differentiation and that G9a expression in the tooth mesenchyme is required for proper tooth development. ..
- Ishizuya Oka A, Hasebe T, Shimizu K, Suzuki K, Ueda S. Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway is essential for intestinal epithelial development during Xenopus larval-to-adult remodeling. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3240-9 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway plays key roles in the amphibian intestinal remodeling through epithelial-connective tissue interactions. ..
- Tamai Y, Nakajima R, Ishikawa T, Takaku K, Seldin M, Taketo M. Colonic hamartoma development by anomalous duplication in Cdx2 knockout mice. Cancer Res. 1999;59:2965-70 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Tsujimura T, Takeda K, Sugihara A, Maekawa A, Terada N, et al. Targeted disruption of ATF4 discloses its essential role in the formation of eye lens fibres. Genes Cells. 1998;3:801-10 pubmed..These results demonstrated that ATF4 is essential for the later stages of lens fibre cell differentiation. ..
- Asano M, Furukawa K, Kido M, Matsumoto S, Umesaki Y, Kochibe N, et al. Growth retardation and early death of beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase knockout mice with augmented proliferation and abnormal differentiation of epithelial cells. EMBO J. 1997;16:1850-7 pubmed..These observations suggest that GalT plays critical roles in the regulation of proliferation and differentiation of epithelial cells after birth, although this enzyme is dispensable during embryonic development. ..
- Takahashi H, Ikeda T. Transcripts for two members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily BMP-3 and BMP-7 are expressed in developing rat embryos. Dev Dyn. 1996;207:439-49 pubmed..These results suggest that BMP-3 and BMP-7 play important roles in organogenesis and that the differential patterns of their expression might reflect their distinct roles in embryogenesis. ..
- Oshima M, Oshima H, Kitagawa K, Kobayashi M, Itakura C, Taketo M. Loss of Apc heterozygosity and abnormal tissue building in nascent intestinal polyps in mice carrying a truncated Apc gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4482-6 pubmed..It is therefore unlikely that the truncated product interacts directly with the wild-type protein and causes the microadenomas by a dominant negative mechanism...
- Yoshiki A, Hanazono M, Oda S, Wakasugi N, Sakakura T, Kusakabe M. Developmental analysis of the eye lens obsolescence (Elo) gene in the mouse: cell proliferation and Elo gene expression in the aggregation chimera. Development. 1991;113:1293-304 pubmed..These observations suggest that the primary effect of the Elo gene in the developing lens may be specific to the fiber cell differentiation rather than to the cell proliferation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Takahara H, Kusubata M, Tsuchida M, Kohsaka T, Tagami S, Sugawara K. Expression of peptidylarginine deiminase in the uterine epithelial cells of mouse is dependent on estrogen. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:520-5 pubmed..Thus, the expression of peptidylarginine deiminase in luminal and glandular epithelia of mouse uterus is controlled by the amount of the steroid hormones estrogen and progesterone. ..
- Shimizu Y, Yamamichi N, Saitoh K, Watanabe A, Ito T, Yamamichi Nishina M, et al. Kinetics of v-src-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in developing glandular stomach. Oncogene. 2003;22:884-93 pubmed..These observations would partly explain why RSV does not apparently cause carcinoma formation, but induces sarcomas exclusively...
- Sugai M, Ishido K, Endoh M, Hada R, Munakata H. Sonographic demonstration of wall thickness of the gallbladder in pediatric patients with pancreatico-biliary maljunction. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2010;17:345-8 pubmed publisher..We measured sonographic thickness of the gallbladder (GB) and retrospectively examined correlation of it with PBM...
- Yaoita E, Wiche G, Yamamoto T, Kawasaki K, Kihara I. Perinuclear distribution of plectin characterizes visceral epithelial cells of rat glomeruli. Am J Pathol. 1996;149:319-27 pubmed..These findings indicate that the perinuclear distribution of plectin may play an important role in the differentiation of VECs. ..