Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cpg islands in Sweden
Topic: cpg islands
- Chandy A, Nurkkala M, Josefsson A, Eriksson K. Therapeutic dendritic cell vaccination with Ag coupled to cholera toxin in combination with intratumoural CpG injection leads to complete tumour eradication in mice bearing HPV 16 expressing tumours. Vaccine. 2007;25:6037-46 pubmed..These results suggest that combined treatment with CT-Ag pulsed DCs and local CpG administration offers an efficient strategy to eradicate an already existing HPV-E7 expressing tumour in mice. ..
- Pant V, Kurukuti S, Pugacheva E, Shamsuddin S, Mariano P, Renkawitz R, et al. Mutation of a single CTCF target site within the H19 imprinting control region leads to loss of Igf2 imprinting and complex patterns of de novo methylation upon maternal inheritance. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3497-504 pubmed..Considering many other CTCF targets, we propose that site-specific interactions between various DNA-bound CTCF molecules may provide general focal points in the organization of looped chromatin domains involved in gene regulation. ..
- Van Laere A, Nguyen M, Braunschweig M, Nezer C, Collette C, Moreau L, et al. A regulatory mutation in IGF2 causes a major QTL effect on muscle growth in the pig. Nature. 2003;425:832-6 pubmed..The result supports the long-held view that regulatory mutations are important for controlling phenotypic variation. ..
- Harandi A, Eriksson K, Holmgren J. A protective role of locally administered immunostimulatory CpG oligodeoxynucleotide in a mouse model of genital herpes infection. J Virol. 2003;77:953-62 pubmed
- Fridolfsson A, Ellegren H. Molecular evolution of the avian CHD1 genes on the Z and W sex chromosomes. Genetics. 2000;155:1903-12 pubmed..Our data are compatible with a male-biased mutation rate, manifested by the faster rate of neutral evolution (synonymous substitutions) on the Z chromosome than on the female-specific W chromosome...
- Barres R, Kirchner H, Rasmussen M, Yan J, Kantor F, Krook A, et al. Weight loss after gastric bypass surgery in human obesity remodels promoter methylation. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1020-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that obesity and RYGB-induced weight loss have a dynamic effect on the epigenome...
- Gillberg L, Jacobsen S, Rönn T, Brøns C, Vaag A. PPARGC1A DNA methylation in subcutaneous adipose tissue in low birth weight subjects--impact of 5 days of high-fat overfeeding. Metabolism. 2014;63:263-71 pubmed publisher..Further data are needed to understand the role of PPARGC1A DNA methylation in insulin resistance and developmental programming of T2D. ..
- Zhuang S, Schippert A, Haugen Strano A, Wiseman R, Soderkvist P. Inactivations of p16INK4a-alpha, p16INK4a-beta and p15INK4b genes in 2',3'-dideoxycytidine- and 1,3-butadiene-induced murine lymphomas. Oncogene. 1998;16:803-8 pubmed
- Yin Y, Morgunova E, Jolma A, Kaasinen E, Sahu B, Khund Sayeed S, et al. Impact of cytosine methylation on DNA binding specificities of human transcription factors. Science. 2017;356: pubmed publisher..This study provides a systematic examination of the effect of an epigenetic DNA modification on human TF binding specificity and reveals that many developmentally important proteins display preference for mCpG-containing sequences. ..
- Kacevska M, Ivanov M, Wyss A, Kasela S, Milani L, Rane A, et al. DNA methylation dynamics in the hepatic CYP3A4 gene promoter. Biochimie. 2012;94:2338-44 pubmed publisher..The findings provide novel insight to CYP3A4 regulation with possible implications for understanding interindividual differences in drug response. ..
- Löf Öhlin Z, Nilsson T. Pyrosequencing assays to study promoter CpG site methylation of the O6-MGMT, hMLH1, p14ARF, p16INK4a, RASSF1A, and APC1A genes. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:721-9 pubmed..This approach provides a more comprehensive picture of the distribution of DNA methylation throughout the promoter regions of the studied set of six genes, which will be of benefit in oncological research. ..
- Rada Iglesias A, Ameur A, Kapranov P, Enroth S, Komorowski J, Gingeras T, et al. Whole-genome maps of USF1 and USF2 binding and histone H3 acetylation reveal new aspects of promoter structure and candidate genes for common human disorders. Genome Res. 2008;18:380-92 pubmed publisher..This expands our understanding about the transcriptional control of metabolic processes and its alteration in metabolic disorders. ..
- Kiss H, Darai E, Kiss C, Kost Alimova M, Klein G, Dumanski J, et al. Comparative human/murine sequence analysis of the common eliminated region 1 from human 3p21.3. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:646-55 pubmed..We also recognized a large number of conserved elements that were neither exons, CpG islands, nor repeats. We further identified and characterized five novel orthologous mouse genes (Kiaa0028, Xtrp3s1, Fyco1, Tmem7, and Lrrc2). ..
- Amarger V, Nguyen M, Van Laere A, Braunschweig M, Nezer C, Georges M, et al. Comparative sequence analysis of the INS-IGF2-H19 gene cluster in pigs. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:388-98 pubmed..The high GC and CpG content were more pronounced in the pig than in the two other species. The results will facilitate the further characterization of this important QTL in the pig. ..
- Kanduri C, Fitzpatrick G, Mukhopadhyay R, Kanduri M, Lobanenkov V, Higgins M, et al. A differentially methylated imprinting control region within the Kcnq1 locus harbors a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18106-10 pubmed..Moreover, we document that CpG methylation regulates this insulator function suggesting that a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator is a common theme in the phenomenon of genomic imprinting. ..