Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on conserved sequence in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: conserved sequence
Publications345 found, 100 shown here
- Gao W, Liu Y, Giometti C, Tollaksen S, Khare T, Wu L, et al. Knock-out of SO1377 gene, which encodes the member of a conserved hypothetical bacterial protein family COG2268, results in alteration of iron metabolism, increased spontaneous mutation and hydrogen peroxide sensitivity in Shewanella oneidensis MR-1. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:76 pubmed..Our results showed that the knock-out of SO1377 gene had pleiotropic effects and suggested that SO1377 may play a role in iron homeostasis and oxidative damage protection in S. oneidensis MR-1. ..
- Fretz J, Zella L, Kim S, Shevde N, Pike J. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 regulates the expression of low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 5 via deoxyribonucleic acid sequence elements located downstream of the start site of transcription. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:2215-30 pubmed..Our studies show that 1,25-(OH)2D3 can enhance the expression of a critical component of the Wnt signaling pathway that is known to impact osteogenesis. ..
- Mayer K, Ford J, Macpherson G, Padgett D, Volkmann Kohlmeyer B, Kohlmeyer J, et al. Exploring the diversity of marine-derived fungal polyketide synthases. Can J Microbiol. 2007;53:291-302 pubmed..Evaluating primer-binding sites was necessary to obtain KS domain fragments from putative PKSs while maintaining a level of sequence information adequate to properly classify and characterize them. ..
- Hannay K, Marcotte E, Vogel C. Buffering by gene duplicates: an analysis of molecular correlates and evolutionary conservation. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:609 pubmed publisher..Thus, the only common factor of buffering by duplicates between different organisms may be the by-product of duplicate retention due to demands of high dosage. ..
- Guang S, Bochner A, Burkhart K, Burton N, Pavelec D, Kennedy S. Small regulatory RNAs inhibit RNA polymerase II during the elongation phase of transcription. Nature. 2010;465:1097-101 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results establish a novel mode of RNAP II regulation: siRNA-directed recruitment of NRDE factors that inhibit RNAP II during the elongation phase of transcription. ..
- Mortazavi A, Schwarz E, Williams B, Schaeffer L, Antoshechkin I, Wold B, et al. Scaffolding a Caenorhabditis nematode genome with RNA-seq. Genome Res. 2010;20:1740-7 pubmed publisher..elegans that are likely to encode regulatory sequences or previously unknown ncRNAs. Genomic and cDNA sequencing followed by joint assembly is a rapid and useful strategy for biological analysis...
- Li F, Finnefrock A, Dubey S, Korber B, Szinger J, Cole S, et al. Mapping HIV-1 vaccine induced T-cell responses: bias towards less-conserved regions and potential impact on vaccine efficacy in the Step study. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20479 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00849680, A Study of Safety, Tolerability, and Immunogenicity of the MRKAd5 Gag/Pol/Nef Vaccine in Healthy Adults. ..
- Hupalo D, Kern A. Conservation and functional element discovery in 20 angiosperm plant genomes. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:1729-44 pubmed publisher..Among these, we highlight a double hairpin in the 5'-untranslated region (5'-UTR) of the PRIN2 gene and a putative ncRNA with homology targeting the LAF3 protein. ..
- Carver E, Issel Tarver L, Rine J, Olsen A, Stubbs L. Location of mouse and human genes corresponding to conserved canine olfactory receptor gene subfamilies. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:349-54 pubmed..Combined with recently published studies, these data link the four conserved olfactory gene subfamilies to homologous regions of the human, dog, and mouse genomes. ..
- Gabriel J, Gray T, Stubbs L, Saitoh S, Ohta T, Nicholls R. Structure and function correlations at the imprinted mouse Snrpn locus. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:788-93 pubmed..On the basis of the conserved structural and imprinted features of the human SNRPN and mouse Snrpn genes, we suggest that imprinting mechanisms are conserved between human and mouse. ..
- Tasheva E, Conrad A, Conrad G. Identification and characterization of conserved cis-regulatory elements in the human keratocan gene promoter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1492:452-9 pubmed..Competition experiments indicate that the CTC factor and a protein that binds to the CAGA motif are likely to be among the multiple factors involved in the transcriptional regulation of the human Kera gene. ..
- Giorgini F, Davies H, Braun R. MSY2 and MSY4 bind a conserved sequence in the 3' untranslated region of protamine 1 mRNA in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7010-9 pubmed..The conservation of the RNA binding motifs among Y-box protein family members raises the possibility that other Y-box proteins may have previously unrecognized sequence-specific RNA binding activities. ..
- Stitham J, Martin K, Hwa J. The critical role of transmembrane prolines in human prostacyclin receptor activation. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;61:1202-10 pubmed..This finding strongly supports a model in which proline residues serve as molecular hinges or swivels, essential for coupling receptor binding to activation. ..
- Liu Z, Tek V, Akoev V, Zolkiewski M. Conserved amino acid residues within the amino-terminal domain of ClpB are essential for the chaperone activity. J Mol Biol. 2002;321:111-20 pubmed
- Baggio R, Burgstaller P, Hale S, Putney A, Lane M, Lipovsek D, et al. Identification of epitope-like consensus motifs using mRNA display. J Mol Recognit. 2002;15:126-34 pubmed..The wild-type sequences, PRILMR for the first loop of EETI-II and QKLISE for the 9E10 epitope, were selected with the highest frequency, and in each case the complete wild-type epitope was selected from the library. ..
- Knipple D, Rosenfield C, Nielsen R, You K, Jeong S. Evolution of the integral membrane desaturase gene family in moths and flies. Genetics. 2002;162:1737-52 pubmed
- Lee I, Harshey R. Patterns of sequence conservation at termini of long terminal repeat (LTR) retrotransposons and DNA transposons in the human genome: lessons from phage Mu. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:4531-40 pubmed..We discuss the significance of these observations and their implication for the function of terminal residues in the transposition of precise TEs. ..
- Bose M, McConnell K, Gardner Aukema K, Muller U, Weinreich M, Keck J, et al. The origin recognition complex and Sir4 protein recruit Sir1p to yeast silent chromatin through independent interactions requiring a common Sir1p domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:774-86 pubmed
- Dufner Beattie J, Kuo Y, Gitschier J, Andrews G. The adaptive response to dietary zinc in mice involves the differential cellular localization and zinc regulation of the zinc transporters ZIP4 and ZIP5. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49082-90 pubmed..In contrast, during periods of dietary zinc deficiency when secretion of zinc by the pancreas and intestine is minimized, ZIP5 is removed from the cell surface, and the intestinal uptake of zinc is augmented by induction of ZIP4. ..
- Klaus S, Kunji E, Bozzo G, Noiriel A, de la Garza R, Basset G, et al. Higher plant plastids and cyanobacteria have folate carriers related to those of trypanosomatids. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38457-63 pubmed..These findings establish conservation of function among folate and biopterin transporter family proteins from three kingdoms of life. ..
- Broides A, Ault B, Arthus M, Bichet D, Conley M. Severe combined immunodeficiency associated with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus and a deletion in the Xq28 region. Clin Immunol. 2006;120:147-55 pubmed..These results are consistent with an X-linked form of SCID, due to the loss of regulatory elements that control the response to hypoxia in hematopoietic cells...
- Xu Z, Kohli E, Devlin K, Bold M, Nix J, Misra S. Interactions between the quality control ubiquitin ligase CHIP and ubiquitin conjugating enzymes. BMC Struct Biol. 2008;8:26 pubmed publisher..CHIP's interactions with UbcH5, Ube2e2 and Ubc13-Uev1a are consistent with the notion that Ubc13-Uev1a may work sequentially with other E2 enzymes to carry out K63-linked polyubiquitination of CHIP substrates. ..
- Yang T, Maluf N. Self-association of the adenoviral L4-22K protein. Biochemistry. 2010;49:9830-8 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of this observation with respect to the thermodynamics of assembly of L4-22K and IVa2 on the PS. ..
- Napolitano M, Almagro Moreno S, Boyd E. Dichotomy in the evolution of pathogenicity island and bacteriophage encoded integrases from pathogenic Escherichia coli strains. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:423-36 pubmed publisher..coli PAIs. Overall this work is the first to demonstrate a dichotomy in the evolution of integrases encoded on PAIs and phages from pathogenic E. coli suggesting that PAIs are an evolutionary distinct genetic element...
- Mirza A, Mustafa M, Talevich E, Kannan N. Co-conserved features associated with cis regulation of ErbB tyrosine kinases. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14310 pubmed publisher..Our analysis pinpoints key residues for mutational analysis, and provides new clues to cancer mutations that alter the canonical modes of ErbB kinase regulation. ..
- King M, Phillips G, Bignone P, Hayes N, Pinder J, Baines A. A conserved sequence in calmodulin regulated spectrin-associated protein 1 links its interaction with spectrin and calmodulin to neurite outgrowth. J Neurochem. 2014;128:391-402 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CC1 represents a functional region of CAMSAP1, which links spectrin-binding to neurite outgrowth. ..
- Claussnitzer M, Dankel S, Klocke B, Grallert H, Glunk V, Berulava T, et al. Leveraging cross-species transcription factor binding site patterns: from diabetes risk loci to disease mechanisms. Cell. 2014;156:343-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, cross-species conservation analysis at the level of co-occurring TFBS provides a valuable contribution to the translation of genetic association signals to disease-related molecular mechanisms. ..
- Miller J, Ding S, Sunkin S, Smith K, Ng L, Szafer A, et al. Transcriptional landscape of the prenatal human brain. Nature. 2014;508:199-206 pubmed publisher..These data provide a rich, freely-accessible resource for understanding human brain development. ..
- Fletcher F, Carpenter M, Shilling H, Baum P, Ziegler S, Gimpel S, et al. LERK-2, a binding protein for the receptor-tyrosine kinase ELK, is evolutionarily conserved and expressed in a developmentally regulated pattern. Oncogene. 1994;9:3241-7 pubmed..Significant LERK-2 mRNA expression in the young adult rat was restricted to the lung, kidney, heart and testes. ..
- Duax W, Ghosh D. Structure and function of steroid dehydrogenases involved in hypertension, fertility, and cancer. Steroids. 1997;62:95-100 pubmed..When the alpha-carbon backbone of the cofactor binding domains of the five structures are superimposed, the conserved residues are at the core of the structure and in the cofactor binding domain, but not in the substrate binding pocket. ..
- Ishii T, Silvia C, Hirschberg B, Bond C, Adelman J, Maylie J. A human intermediate conductance calcium-activated potassium channel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11651-6 pubmed..These biophysical and pharmacological properties are consistent with native intermediate conductance calcium-activated potassium channels, including the erythrocyte Gardos channel. ..
- Ten Hagen K, Tetaert D, Hagen F, Richet C, Beres T, Gagnon J, et al. Characterization of a UDP-GalNAc:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase that displays glycopeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27867-74 pubmed..This suggests that O-glycosylation of multisite substrates may proceed in a specific hierarchical manner and underscores the potential complexity of the processes that regulate O-glycosylation. ..
- Keith K, Fitzgerald Hayes M. CSE4 genetically interacts with the Saccharomyces cerevisiae centromere DNA elements CDE I and CDE II but not CDE III. Implications for the path of the centromere dna around a cse4p variant nucleosome. Genetics. 2000;156:973-81 pubmed..On the basis of these and other results from genetic, biochemical, and structural studies, we propose a model that best describes the path of the centromere DNA around a specialized Cse4p-nucleosome. ..
- Shi Y. A structural view of mitochondria-mediated apoptosis. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:394-401 pubmed..Recent biochemical and structural studies reveal a molecular basis for these important events and identify an evolutionarily conserved mechanism of apoptosis from fruit flies to mammals. ..
- Lin Q, Zhi N, Ohashi N, Horowitz H, Aguero Rosenfeld M, Raffalli J, et al. Analysis of sequences and loci of p44 homologs expressed by Anaplasma phagocytophila in acutely infected patients. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:2981-8 pubmed..Furthermore, several p44 genes are not hypermutatable in nature, based on the conservation of gene sequences and loci among isolates obtained 5 years apart...
- Merighi M, Majerczak D, Stover E, Coplin D. The HrpX/HrpY two-component system activates hrpS expression, the first step in the regulatory cascade controlling the Hrp regulon in Pantoea stewartii subsp. stewartii. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2003;16:238-48 pubmed..These findings suggest that both HrpX and an alternate mechanism are involved in the activation of HrpY in planta. ..
- Collier S, Lee H, Burgess R, Adler P. The WD40 repeat protein fritz links cytoskeletal planar polarity to frizzled subcellular localization in the Drosophila epidermis. Genetics. 2005;169:2035-45 pubmed..We show that the fritz gene product functions cell-autonomously downstream of the core PCP proteins to regulate both the location and the number of wing cell prehair initiation sites. ..
- Farah J, Cromie G, Steiner W, Smith G. A novel recombination pathway initiated by the Mre11/Rad50/Nbs1 complex eliminates palindromes during meiosis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 2005;169:1261-74 pubmed..Our studies provide a genetic and physical basis for frequent translocations between palindromes in human meiosis and identify a conserved meiotic process that constantly selects against palindromes in eukaryotic genomes. ..
- Miyakoshi K, Murphy M, Yeoman R, Mitra S, Dubay C, Hennebold J. The identification of novel ovarian proteases through the use of genomic and bioinformatic methodologies. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:823-35 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the PRSS35 and PRSS23 genes have been conserved as critical ovarian proteases throughout the course of vertebrate evolution...
- Huang D, Zhuang M, Ayrault O, Schulman B. Identification of conjugation specificity determinants unmasks vestigial preference for ubiquitin within the NEDD8 E2. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:280-7 pubmed publisher..We also find that Ubc12 sequences dictating UBL selection map to the E3 binding site, thus providing a molecular mechanism preventing inappropriate modification of targets. ..
- Khaladkar M, Liu J, Wen D, Wang J, Tian B. Mining small RNA structure elements in untranslated regions of human and mouse mRNAs using structure-based alignment. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:189 pubmed publisher..Our result indicates that there may exist many conserved stem-loop structures in mammalian UTRs that are involved in coordinate post-transcriptional regulation of biological pathways. ..
- Arnett D, Lorimer H, Asch D. Catabolite repression directly affects transcription of the qa-y gene of Neurospora crassa. Fungal Genet Biol. 2009;46:377-80 pubmed publisher..crassa and the homothallic species Neurospora africana and Neurospora terricola. This may suggest the presence of conserved sequences that mediate catabolite repression in all three species. ..
- Tungtur S, Meinhardt S, Swint Kruse L. Comparing the functional roles of nonconserved sequence positions in homologous transcription repressors: implications for sequence/function analyses. J Mol Biol. 2010;395:785-802 pubmed publisher..Finally, the combinatorial mutants also reveal functional synergy between semi- and nonconserved positions. Such functional relationships would be missed by analyses that rely primarily upon co-evolution. ..
- Briley K, Prepiak P, Dias M, Hahn J, Dubnau D. Maf acts downstream of ComGA to arrest cell division in competent cells of B. subtilis. Mol Microbiol. 2011;81:23-39 pubmed publisher..We further suggest that Maf must interact with DivIVA to inhibit cell division...
- Thompson D, Daniels C. Heat shock inducibility of an archaeal TATA-like promoter is controlled by adjacent sequence elements. Mol Microbiol. 1998;27:541-51 pubmed..volcanii differs from the bacterial and eukaryal strategies. ..
- Ebel W, Skinner M, Dierksen K, Scott J, Trempy J. A conserved domain in Escherichia coli Lon protease is involved in substrate discriminator activity. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2236-43 pubmed..This conformation, implicated in mediating protein-protein interactions, appears to confer substrate discriminator activity on Lon. We propose a model suggesting that this coiled-coil domain represents the discriminator site of Lon. ..
- Lin W, Xin H, Zhang Y, Wu X, Yuan F, Wang Z. The human REV1 gene codes for a DNA template-dependent dCMP transferase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:4468-75 pubmed..Consistent with its role as a fundamental mutagenic protein, the REV1 gene is ubiquitously expressed in various human tissues. ..
- Copeland P, Fletcher J, Carlson B, Hatfield D, Driscoll D. A novel RNA binding protein, SBP2, is required for the translation of mammalian selenoprotein mRNAs. EMBO J. 2000;19:306-14 pubmed..These results establish that SBP2 is essential for the co-translational insertion of Sec into selenoproteins. We hypothesize that the binding activity of SBP2 may be involved in preventing termination at the UGA/Sec codon. ..
- Guo S, Evans S, Wilkes M, Bhattacharjee J. Novel posttranslational activation of the LYS2-encoded alpha-aminoadipate reductase for biosynthesis of lysine and site-directed mutational analysis of conserved amino acid residues in the activation domain of Candida albicans. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:7120-5 pubmed..These results demonstrate the posttranslational activation and the requirement of specific amino acid residues in the activation domain of the AAR of C. albicans. ..
- Krummel K, Denison S, Calhoun E, Phillips L, Smith D. The common fragile site FRA16D and its associated gene WWOX are highly conserved in the mouse at Fra8E1. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2002;34:154-67 pubmed..This evolutionary conservation suggests that the two most active CFSs share many features, and that CFSs and their associated genes may be necessary for cell survival...
- Bundschuh R. Computational prediction of RNA editing sites. Bioinformatics. 2004;20:3214-20 pubmed..Nevertheless, knowledge of these editing sites is crucial for understanding the editing machinery of these organisms...
- Whitaker S, Knox B. Conserved transcriptional activators of the Xenopus rhodopsin gene. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49010-8 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of the endogenous rhodopsin gene was also observed in some animals, showing that XOtx5 and XL-Nrl can activate the promoter in native chromatin environment. ..
- Peña P, Davrazou F, Shi X, Walter K, Verkhusha V, Gozani O, et al. Molecular mechanism of histone H3K4me3 recognition by plant homeodomain of ING2. Nature. 2006;442:100-3 pubmed..Elucidation of the mechanisms underlying this novel function of PHD fingers provides a basis for deciphering the role of the ING family of tumour suppressors in chromatin regulation and signalling. ..
- Hermann B, Hornbaker K, Maran R, Heckert L. Distal regulatory elements are required for Fshr expression, in vivo. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;260-262:49-58 pubmed..These data reveal that distal regulatory regions (outside the 413kb in YAC60) are required for appropriate temporal and spatial Fshr expression and implicate the identified ECRs in transcriptional regulation of Fshr. ..
- Nelson E, Tunsjø H, Fidopiastis P, Sørum H, Ruby E. A novel lux operon in the cryptically bioluminescent fish pathogen Vibrio salmonicida is associated with virulence. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:1825-33 pubmed..Nevertheless, these findings document for the first time an association between a mutation in a structural lux gene and virulence, as well as provide a new molecular system to study Vibrio pathogenesis in a natural host. ..
- Konopka C, Bednarek S. Comparison of the dynamics and functional redundancy of the Arabidopsis dynamin-related isoforms DRP1A and DRP1C during plant development. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:1590-602 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicated that the DRP1 isoforms function or are regulated differently during cell expansion. ..
- Miller W, Drautz D, Ratan A, Pusey B, Qi J, Lesk A, et al. Sequencing the nuclear genome of the extinct woolly mammoth. Nature. 2008;456:387-90 pubmed publisher..This study shows that nuclear genome sequencing of extinct species can reveal population differences not evident from the fossil record, and perhaps even discover genetic factors that affect extinction. ..
- Brown J, Fiala K, Fowler J, Sherrer S, Newmister S, Duym W, et al. A novel mechanism of sugar selection utilized by a human X-family DNA polymerase. J Mol Biol. 2010;395:282-90 pubmed publisher..Such steric clash was further demonstrated to be dependent on the size and orientation of the substituent covalently attached at the ribonucleotide C2'-position. ..
- Culler S, Hoff K, Voelker R, Berglund J, Smolke C. Functional selection and systematic analysis of intronic splicing elements identify active sequence motifs and associated splicing factors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:5152-65 pubmed publisher..Our work provides an initial examination into the sequence characteristics and function of ISREs, providing an important contribution to the splicing code. ..
- Liu T, Wang Y, Stukes S, Chen Q, Casadevall A, Xue C. The F-Box protein Fbp1 regulates sexual reproduction and virulence in Cryptococcus neoformans. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:791-802 pubmed publisher..neoformans, which likely represents a conserved novel virulence control mechanism that involves the SCF E3 ubiquitin ligase-mediated proteolysis pathway...
- Su Y, Li Y, Ye P. Mammalian meiosis is more conserved by sex than by species: conserved co-expression networks of meiotic prophase. Reproduction. 2011;142:675-87 pubmed publisher..This approach further allows us to prioritize candidate meiotic genes for in-depth mechanistic studies in the future. ..
- Mohr G, Del Campo M, Turner K, Gilman B, Wolf R, Lambowitz A. High-throughput genetic identification of functionally important regions of the yeast DEAD-box protein Mss116p. J Mol Biol. 2011;413:952-72 pubmed publisher..Finally, we identified two conserved regions-one the previously noted post II region in the helicase core and the other in the CTE-that may help displace or sequester the opposite RNA strand during RNA unwinding. ..
- Payandeh J, Gamal El Din T, Scheuer T, Zheng N, Catterall W. Crystal structure of a voltage-gated sodium channel in two potentially inactivated states. Nature. 2012;486:135-9 pubmed publisher..These potential inactivated-state structures provide new insights into Na(V) channel gating and novel avenues to drug development and therapy for a range of debilitating Na(V) channelopathies...
- Varshney R, Shi C, Thudi M, Mariac C, Wallace J, Qi P, et al. Pearl millet genome sequence provides a resource to improve agronomic traits in arid environments. Nat Biotechnol. 2017;35:969-976 pubmed publisher..We believe that these resources should empower researchers and breeders to improve this important staple crop. ..
- Yockey C, Shimizu N. cDNA cloning and characterization of mouse DTEF-1 and ETF, members of the TEA/ATTS family of transcription factors. DNA Cell Biol. 1998;17:187-96 pubmed..Using gel mobility shift assays and GAL4-fusion protein analysis, we demonstrated that the full coding sequences of ETF and mDTEF-1 encode M-CAT/GT-IIC-binding proteins containing activation domains. ..
- Wildin R, Cogdell D, Valadez V. AVPR2 variants and V2 vasopressin receptor function in nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Kidney Int. 1998;54:1909-22 pubmed..This analysis can be aided by examining amino acid sequence variation and conservation among evolutionarily disparate members of the subfamily...
- Schmidt M, Brosh R, Oliver D. Escherichia coli SecA helicase activity is not required in vivo for efficient protein translocation or autogenous regulation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37076-85 pubmed..Our studies indicate that SecA helicase activity is nonessential and does not appear to be necessary for efficient protein secretion and secA autoregulation. ..
- Sfakianos M, Wilson L, Sakalian M, Falany C, Barnes S. Conserved residues in the putative catalytic triad of human bile acid Coenzyme A:amino acid N-acyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:47270-5 pubmed
- Alimov A, Langub M, Malluche H, Koszewski N. Sp3/Sp1 in the parathyroid gland: identification of an Sp1 deoxyribonucleic acid element in the parathyroid hormone promoter. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3138-47 pubmed..The data, therefore, highlight the likely involvement of the Sp family in regulating PTH gene expression through interactions with an Sp1 DNA element in the hormone's promoter. ..
- Ventura Holman T, Lu D, Si X, Izevbigie E, Maher J. The Fem1c genes: conserved members of the Fem1 gene family in vertebrates. Gene. 2003;314:133-9 pubmed..Human FEM1C maps to 5q22, mouse Fem1c maps to chromosome 18, and zebrafish fem1c maps to Linkage Group 8. The Fem1c genes in vertebrates may play a conserved role in the development and/or physiologic function of these organisms. ..
- Chong J, Chuang R, Tung L, Chang T. Ded1p, a conserved DExD/H-box translation factor, can promote yeast L-A virus negative-strand RNA synthesis in vitro. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:2031-8 pubmed
- Babu S, McIlvain V, Whitaker S, Knox B. Conserved cis-elements in the Xenopus red opsin promoter necessary for cone-specific expression. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1479-84 pubmed..These results identify novel conserved elements that regulate spatial expression of tetrapod red cone opsin genes. ..
- Gu H, Wu X, Han D. Conserved serine residues in serotonin transporter contribute to high-affinity cocaine binding. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:1179-85 pubmed..Mutations at the corresponding residues in dopamine transporter also changed cocaine affinity. Our results suggest that the conserved serine residues in SERT contribute to high-affinity cocaine binding. ..
- Wang H, Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Zhou Y, King D, Taylor J, et al. Experimental validation of predicted mammalian erythroid cis-regulatory modules. Genome Res. 2006;16:1480-92 pubmed..Genome-wide predictions based on RP and a large set of well-defined transcription factor binding sites are available through servers at http://www.bx.psu.edu/. ..
- Holmes S, Scarpinato K, McCulloch S, Schaaper R, Kunkel T. Specialized mismatch repair function of Glu339 in the Phe-X-Glu motif of yeast Msh6. DNA Repair (Amst). 2007;6:293-303 pubmed
- Sempere L, Martinez P, Cole C, Baguna J, Peterson K. Phylogenetic distribution of microRNAs supports the basal position of acoel flatworms and the polyphyly of Platyhelminthes. Evol Dev. 2007;9:409-15 pubmed
- Danko C, McIlvain V, Qin M, Knox B, Pertsov A. Bioinformatic identification of novel putative photoreceptor specific cis-elements. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:407 pubmed..These are candidate binding sites for transcription factors involved in maintaining functional differences between rod and cone photoreceptor populations. ..
- Fan J, Preuss F, Muskus M, Bjes E, Price J. Drosophila and vertebrate casein kinase Idelta exhibits evolutionary conservation of circadian function. Genetics. 2009;181:139-52 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate a high degree of evolutionary conservation of fly and vertebrate CKIdelta and of the functions affected by their period-shortening mutations. ..
- Fernandez Funez P, Zhang Y, Casas Tinto S, Xiao X, Zou W, Rincon Limas D. Sequence-dependent prion protein misfolding and neurotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36897-908 pubmed publisher..How these properties are encoded in the amino acid sequence remains to be elucidated. ..
- Reichow S, Korotkov K, Hol W, Gonen T. Structure of the cholera toxin secretion channel in its closed state. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1226-32 pubmed publisher..By combining our results with structures of the cholera toxin and T2SS pseudopilus tip, we provide a structural basis for a possible secretion mechanism of the T2SS...
- Mehta R, Chandler Brown D, Ramos F, Shamieh L, Kaeberlein M. Regulation of mRNA translation as a conserved mechanism of longevity control. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;694:14-29 pubmed
- Zhang L, Zheng Y, Jagadeeswaran G, Li Y, Gowdu K, Sunkar R. Identification and temporal expression analysis of conserved and novel microRNAs in Sorghum. Genomics. 2011;98:460-8 pubmed publisher..These results provided insights into miRNA-controlled processes in Sorghum and also laid the foundation for manipulating miRNAs or their targets for improving biomass production and stress tolerance in Sorghum. ..
- Buckwalter C, King S. Pneumococcal carbohydrate transport: food for thought. Trends Microbiol. 2012;20:517-22 pubmed publisher..Continued efforts to understand carbohydrate import may reveal novel vaccine and therapeutic targets and increase our understanding of pneumococcal pathogenesis. ..
- Paeschke K, Bochman M, Garcia P, Cejka P, Friedman K, Kowalczykowski S, et al. Pif1 family helicases suppress genome instability at G-quadruplex motifs. Nature. 2013;497:458-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, when expressed in yeast, human PIF1 suppressed both G-quadruplex-associated DNA damage and telomere lengthening. ..
- McNeil L, Chinkers M, Forte M. Identification, characterization, and developmental regulation of a receptor guanylyl cyclase expressed during early stages of Drosophila development. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7189-96 pubmed..Later in embryogenesis (14-18 h), elevated levels of hybridization appear to be preferentially associated with muscle fibers. ..
- Hejna J, Saito H, Merkens L, Tittle T, Jakobs P, Whitney M, et al. Cloning and characterization of a human cDNA (INPPL1) sharing homology with inositol polyphosphate phosphatases. Genomics. 1995;29:285-7 pubmed..Several polymorphisms have been mapped to the 3'-untranslated region, yet the putative coding region showed no polymorphisms in nine independent cDNA samples. ..
- Ten Hagen K, Hagen F, Balys M, Beres T, Van Wuyckhuyse B, Tabak L. Cloning and expression of a novel, tissue specifically expressed member of the UDP-GalNAc:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase family. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27749-54 pubmed..The identification of this novel isoform underscores the diversity and complexity of the family of genes controlling O-linked glycosylation. ..