Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on connective tissue in Japan
Topic: connective tissue
- Wakasa T, Kawai N, Aiga H, Kishi K. Management of florid cemento-osseous dysplasia of the mandible producing solitary bone cyst: report of a case. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002;60:832-5 pubmed
- Kobayashi M, Tsunoda A, Akita K, Yamada I. Estimation of the endolymphatic sac and vestibular aqueduct using magnetic resonance imaging. Laryngoscope. 2003;113:1015-21 pubmed..To evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of the endolymphatic sac and vestibular aqueduct...
- Tsuruda T, Kato J, Cao Y, Hatakeyama K, Masuyama H, Imamura T, et al. Adrenomedullin induces matrix metalloproteinase-2 activity in rat aortic adventitial fibroblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:80-4 pubmed
- Akita M, Lee S, Kaneko K. Electron microscopic observations of elastic fibres in the lung and aorta of tight-skin and beta-aminopropionitrile-fed mice. Histol Histopathol. 1992;7:39-45 pubmed..The abnormality of elastin and microfibrils surrounding elastin in the TSK mouse probably plays a role in the deformity or degradation of elastic fibres and the structural changes of the lung. ..
- Suzuki Y. Role of IGFBPs in the morphogenesis of lingual papillae. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2005;286:841-7 pubmed..As previously suggested from a study on postnatal mice (Suzuki et al. J Comp Neurol 2005;482:74-84), IGFBP-4 acts in the epithelial invagination to form the trenches, grooves, or furrows of lingual papillae during development. ..
- Fukushima T, Inoue Y, Hayakawa T, Taniguchi K, Miyazaki K, Okahata Y. Preparation of and tissue response to DNA-lipid films. J Dent Res. 2001;80:1772-6 pubmed..There were no inflammatory reactions or inhibition of new tissue formation. We concluded that DNA-lipid films can be prepared by simple methods, and that they do not cause an unfavorable tissue response...
- Liu S, Hiedayati N, Shudou M, Maeyama K. Activation of connective tissue-type and mucosal-type mast cells in compound 48/80-induced airway response. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;530:128-35 pubmed..Mast cell degranulation is responsible for the early phase of airway response, which subsequently triggers the late phase of airway response...
- Ishizuya Oka A, Hasebe T, Shimizu K, Suzuki K, Ueda S. Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway is essential for intestinal epithelial development during Xenopus larval-to-adult remodeling. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3240-9 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the Shh/BMP-4 signaling pathway plays key roles in the amphibian intestinal remodeling through epithelial-connective tissue interactions. ..
- Kinebuchi Y, Johkura K, Sasaki K, Imamura T, Mimura Y, Nishizawa O. Direct induction of layered tissues from mouse embryonic stem cells: potential for differentiation into urinary tract tissue. Cell Tissue Res. 2008;331:605-15 pubmed..These findings suggest a new approach to urinary tract regeneration...
- Ando A, Ando I, Sanada S, Hiraki T, Takeuchi T, Hisada K, et al. Relationship between the biodistributions of radioactive metal nuclides in tumor tissue and the physicochemical properties of these metal ions. Ann Nucl Med. 1999;13:83-8 pubmed..We therefore conclude that the biodistribution of radioactive metal ions in tumor tissue is determined by its own physicochemical properties...
- Tono oka S, Tanase S, Miike T, Tanaka H. Transient expression of collagen type XIV during muscle development and its reappearance after denervation and degeneration. J Histochem Cytochem. 1996;44:907-18 pubmed..Therefore, Type XIV collagen expression appears to coincide with muscle activity and muscle regenerating conditions, and Type XIV collagen is considered to play roles in muscle development and regeneration. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Kitamura N, Yamada J, Yamashita T. Three-dimensional architecture of the subepithelial connective tissue in the omasal laminae of sheep and cattle. Acta Anat (Basel). 1993;146:238-43 pubmed..In the interpapillary space, round-edged and complex folded ridges with high undulations and deep grooves were observed. These findings may indicate regional and interspecies diversities in the function of the omasal mucosa. ..
- Watari K, Ozawa K, Tajika K, Tojo A, Tani K, Kamachi S, et al. Production of human granulocyte colony stimulating factor by various kinds of stromal cells in vitro detected by enzyme immunoassay and in situ hybridization. Stem Cells. 1994;12:416-23 pubmed..Although further characterization of positive cells is needed, the results suggest that bone marrow stromal cells are heterogeneous in terms of their capacity for G-CSF production. ..