Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: cell line
Publications894 found, 100 shown here
- Narayan M, Younis I, D Agostino D, Green P. Functional domain structure of human T-cell leukemia virus type 2 rex. J Virol. 2003;77:12829-40 pubmed..This work thus provides a more detailed functional domain map of Rex-2 and further insight into its regulation of HTLV replication. ..
- Reimers M, Hahn M, Tanguay R. Two zebrafish alcohol dehydrogenases share common ancestry with mammalian class I, II, IV, and V alcohol dehydrogenase genes but have distinct functional characteristics. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38303-12 pubmed..Together these results indicate that class I-like ADH is conserved in zebrafish, albeit with mixed functional properties. ..
- Dai M, Lu H. Inhibition of MDM2-mediated p53 ubiquitination and degradation by ribosomal protein L5. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44475-82 pubmed..We propose that the MDM2-L5-L11-L23 complex functions to inhibit MDM2-mediated p53 ubiquitination and thus activates p53. ..
- Yan Y, Yang D, Zarnowska E, Du Z, Werbel B, Valliere C, et al. Directed differentiation of dopaminergic neuronal subtypes from human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2005;23:781-90 pubmed..They may thus provide a renewable source of functional human DA neurons for drug screening and development of sustainable therapeutics for disorders affecting the DA system. ..
- Bandyopadhyay B, Li G, Yin H, Kuret J. Tau aggregation and toxicity in a cell culture model of tauopathy. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:16454-64 pubmed
- Swiatecka Urban A, Talebian L, Kanno E, Moreau Marquis S, Coutermarsh B, Hansen K, et al. Myosin Vb is required for trafficking of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in Rab11a-specific apical recycling endosomes in polarized human airway epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23725-36 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that myosin Vb is required for CFTR recycling in Rab11a-specific apical recycling endosomes in polarized human airway epithelial cells. ..
- Ligon L, Holzbaur E. Microtubules tethered at epithelial cell junctions by dynein facilitate efficient junction assembly. Traffic. 2007;8:808-19 pubmed
- Castillo M, Wu X, Dinguirard N, Nyame A, Cummings R, Yoshino T. Surface membrane proteins of Biomphalaria glabrata embryonic cells bind fucosyl determinants on the tegumental surface of Schistosoma mansoni primary sporocysts. J Parasitol. 2007;93:832-40 pubmed..It is concluded that Bge cells have surface protein(s) that may be playing a role in facilitating host cell adhesion to the surface of schistosome primary sporocysts through larval fucosylated glycoconjugates. ..
- Xie J, Reverdatto S, Frolov A, Hoffmann R, Burz D, Shekhtman A. Structural basis for pattern recognition by the receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE). J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27255-69 pubmed publisher..We propose that constitutive oligomerization of RAGE is responsible for recognizing patterns of AGE-modified proteins with affinities less than 100 nm. ..
- Jiang J, Parameshwaran K, Seibenhener M, Kang M, Suppiramaniam V, Huganir R, et al. AMPA receptor trafficking and synaptic plasticity require SQSTM1/p62. Hippocampus. 2009;19:392-406 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model where p62 interaction and aPKC phosphorylation act together to mediate AMPA receptor trafficking and long-term synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus. ..
- Johannessen M, Ramachandran S, Riemer L, Ramos Serrano A, Ruoho A, Jackson M. Voltage-gated sodium channel modulation by sigma-receptors in cardiac myocytes and heterologous systems. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C1049-57 pubmed publisher..The modulation of Na(v)1.5 channels by sigma-receptors in the heart suggests an important pathway by which drugs can alter cardiac excitability and rhythmicity. ..
- Lehiy C, Martinez O, Passarelli A. Virion-associated viral fibroblast growth factor stimulates cell motility. Virology. 2009;395:152-60 pubmed publisher..Although the function of virion-associated vFGF is not clear, we found that virion-associated vFGF stimulated cell motility and affected virus attachment. ..
- Hu G, Wang X, Saunders D, Henderson M, Russell A, Herring B, et al. Modulation of myocardin function by the ubiquitin E3 ligase UBR5. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11800-9 pubmed publisher..This study reveals an unexpected role for the ubiquitin E3 ligase UBR5 as an activator of smooth muscle differentiation through its ability to stabilize myocardin protein...
- Jackson T, Verrier J, Semple Rowland S, Kumar A, Foster T. PHLPP1 splice variants differentially regulate AKT and PKCÎ± signaling in hippocampal neurons: characterization of PHLPP proteins in the adult hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2010;115:941-55 pubmed publisher..The results provide unique evidence for a divergence in the function of PHLPP1Î± and PHLPP1Î²/SCOP, and suggest that PHLPP1Î± plays a major role in regulating AKT signaling in neurons. ..
- Backer M, Backer J, Chinnaiyan P. Targeting the unfolded protein response in cancer therapy. Methods Enzymol. 2011;491:37-56 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we provide experimental protocols for the assessment of the effects of EGF-SubA on EGFR-positive cancer cells, either alone or in combination with UPR-inducing drugs. ..
- Kiedrowski L, Raca G, Laffin J, Nisler B, Leonhard K, McIntire E, et al. DNA methylation assay for X-chromosome inactivation in female human iPS cells. Stem Cell Rev. 2011;7:969-75 pubmed publisher..2. This assay is commonly used in clinical genetic laboratories and we propose that it could be ideal for routine assessment and monitoring of the X-inactivation status in female human iPS cell lines. ..
- Richards R, Scholz I, Powers C, Skach W, Fr h K. The cytoplasmic domain of rhesus cytomegalovirus Rh178 interrupts translation of major histocompatibility class I leader peptide-containing proteins prior to translocation. J Virol. 2011;85:8766-76 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with Rh178 blocking protein translation of MHC-I heavy chains at a step prior to the start of translocation, thereby downregulating MHC-I at a very early stage of translation...
- Yang M, Wu S, Jia J, May W. JAZ mediates G1 cell cycle arrest by interacting with and inhibiting E2F1. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:2390-9 pubmed
- Nagy A, Zane A, Cole S, Severance M, Dutta P, Waldman W. Contrast of the biological activity of negatively and positively charged microwave synthesized CdSe/ZnS quantum dots. Chem Res Toxicol. 2011;24:2176-88 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that the surface charge and aggregation characteristics of QDs change drastically in biological culture conditions and, in turn, influence nanoparticle and cellular interactions. ..
- Li X, Stevens P, Liu J, Yang H, Wang W, Wang C, et al. PHLPP is a negative regulator of RAF1, which reduces colorectal cancer cell motility and prevents tumor progression in mice. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1301-12.e1-10 pubmed publisher..In Apc(Min) mice, loss of PHLPP1 promotes tumor progression. ..
- Richarson A, Scott D, Zagnitko O, Aza Blanc P, Chang C, Russler Germain D. Registered report: IDH mutation impairs histone demethylation and results in a block to cell differentiation. elife. 2016;5:e10860 pubmed publisher..The Reproducibility Project: Cancer Biology is a collaboration between the Center for Open Scienceand Science Exchange, and the results of the replications will be published by eLife. ..
- King B, Hershkowitz D, Eisenhauer P, Weir M, Ziegler C, Russo J, et al. A Map of the Arenavirus Nucleoprotein-Host Protein Interactome Reveals that JunÃn Virus Selectively Impairs the Antiviral Activity of Double-Stranded RNA-Activated Protein Kinase (PKR). J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..In so doing, it shows further insight into the interplay between the virus and the host innate immune response and provides an important data set for the field. ..
- Tau K, Hefferan T, Waters K, Robinson J, Subramaniam M, Riggs B, et al. Estrogen regulation of a transforming growth factor-beta inducible early gene that inhibits deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis in human osteoblasts. Endocrinology. 1998;139:1346-53 pubmed..It is speculated that TIEG may play a role in the signaling pathway for E2 in inhibiting cell proliferation. ..
- Marasco C, Kramer D, Miller J, Porter C, Bacchi C, Rattendi D, et al. Synthesis and evaluation of analogues of 5'-([(Z)-4-amino-2-butenyl]methylamino)-5'-deoxyadenosine as inhibitors of tumor cell growth, trypanosomal growth, and HIV-1 infectivity. J Med Chem. 2002;45:5112-22 pubmed..Moreover, the acetylated derivative of 5'-([(Z)-4-amino-2-butenyl]methylamino)-5'-deoxyadenosine did inhibit HIV-1 growth and infectivity, whereas the parent compound did not. ..
- Murphy M, Das P, Nyborg A, Rochette M, Dodson M, Loosbrock N, et al. Overexpression of nicastrin increases Abeta production. FASEB J. 2003;17:1138-40 pubmed
- Kuehne M, He L, Jokiel P, Pace C, Fleck M, Maisonneuve I, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 18-methoxycoronaridine congeners. Potential antiaddiction agents. J Med Chem. 2003;46:2716-30 pubmed..The opioid activities were relatively low, and the alpha3beta4 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor activities were found to correlate with in vivo antiaddictive activities. ..
- Tse K, Inayat M, Morrow J, DellaPuca R, Hughes N, Gallicchio V. Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and its receptor expression (bek and flg) In bone marrow stroma of murine AIDS. Virus Res. 2004;101:175-84 pubmed..These results suggest a role for bFGF deficiency in the pathogenesis of MAIDS-related marrow failure...
- Fisher J. The alpha 1 and alpha 6 subunit subtypes of the mammalian GABA(A) receptor confer distinct channel gating kinetics. J Physiol. 2004;561:433-48 pubmed..Structural heterogeneity within these transmembrane and intracellular regions can therefore influence the characteristics of the postsynaptic response of GABA(A) receptors with different subunit composition. ..
- Finlin B, Mosley A, Crump S, Correll R, Ozcan S, Satin J, et al. Regulation of L-type Ca2+ channel activity and insulin secretion by the Rem2 GTPase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41864-71 pubmed
- Vickers T, Zhang H, Graham M, Lemonidis K, Zhao C, Dean N. Modification of MyD88 mRNA splicing and inhibition of IL-1beta signaling in cell culture and in mice with a 2'-O-methoxyethyl-modified oligonucleotide. J Immunol. 2006;176:3652-61 pubmed
- Jakymiw A, Ikeda K, Fritzler M, Reeves W, Satoh M, Chan E. Autoimmune targeting of key components of RNA interference. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R87 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate an autoimmune response to components of the RNAi pathway which could potentially implicate the involvement of an innate anti-viral response in the pathogenesis of autoantibody production. ..
- Bliziotes M, Eshleman A, Burt Pichat B, Zhang X, Hashimoto J, Wiren K, et al. Serotonin transporter and receptor expression in osteocytic MLO-Y4 cells. Bone. 2006;39:1313-21 pubmed..Thus, osteocytes, as well as osteoblasts, are capable of 5-HT synthesis, and express functional receptor and transporter components of the 5-HT signal transduction system. ..
- Wood J, Singh N, Mer G, Chen J. MCPH1 functions in an H2AX-dependent but MDC1-independent pathway in response to DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35416-23 pubmed..These observations support that MCPH1 acts early in DNA damage responsive pathways. ..
- Xiao R, Tang J, Wang C, Colton C, Tian J, Zhu M. Calcium plays a central role in the sensitization of TRPV3 channel to repetitive stimulations. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6162-74 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ca(2+) inhibits TRPV3 from both the extracellular and intracellular sides. The inhibition is sequentially reduced, appearing as sensitization to repetitive stimulations. ..
- Ding H, Dolan P, Johnson G. Histone deacetylase 6 interacts with the microtubule-associated protein tau. J Neurochem. 2008;106:2119-30 pubmed publisher..These findings establish HDAC6 as a tau-interacting protein and as a potential modulator of tau phosphorylation and accumulation. ..
- Wang L, Leonhard Melief C, Haltiwanger R, Apte S. Post-translational modification of thrombospondin type-1 repeats in ADAMTS-like 1/punctin-1 by C-mannosylation of tryptophan. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30004-15 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that TSR1 from punctin-1 carries C-mannosylation in close proximity to O-linked fucose. Together, these modifications appear to provide a quality control mechanism for punctin-1 secretion. ..
- Hardcastle J, Kurozumi K, Dmitrieva N, Sayers M, Ahmad S, Waterman P, et al. Enhanced antitumor efficacy of vasculostatin (Vstat120) expressing oncolytic HSV-1. Mol Ther. 2010;18:285-94 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to report the antitumor effects of Vstat120 delivery into established tumors and supports the further development of RAMBO as a possible cancer therapy. ..
- Chen A, Zhang E, Guan W, Cheng F, Kleiboeker S, Yankee T, et al. The small 11 kDa nonstructural protein of human parvovirus B19 plays a key role in inducing apoptosis during B19 virus infection of primary erythroid progenitor cells. Blood. 2010;115:1070-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that the 11 kDa protein contributes to erythroid progenitor cell death during B19V infection...
- O CONNOR C, Pertel T, Gray S, Robia S, Bakowska J, Luban J, et al. p62/sequestosome-1 associates with and sustains the expression of retroviral restriction factor TRIM5alpha. J Virol. 2010;84:5997-6006 pubmed publisher..p62 may therefore operate to enhance TRIM5alpha-mediated retroviral restriction, contributing to the antiviral state of cells following IFN treatment. ..
- Cen B, Mahajan S, Zemskova M, Beharry Z, Lin Y, Cramer S, et al. Regulation of Skp2 levels by the Pim-1 protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29128-37 pubmed publisher..Consistent with these observations, we show that Pim-1 is able to cooperate with Skp2 to signal S phase entry. Our data reveal a novel Pim-1 kinase-dependent signaling pathway that plays a crucial role in cell cycle regulation. ..
- Chacko S, Ahmed S, Selvendiran K, Kuppusamy M, Khan M, Kuppusamy P. Hypoxic preconditioning induces the expression of prosurvival and proangiogenic markers in mesenchymal stem cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C1562-70 pubmed publisher..These results could provide further insights into optimal preparation of MSCs which would greatly influence the effectiveness of cell therapy in vivo. ..
- Fichter K, Flajolet M, Greengard P, Vu T. Kinetics of G-protein-coupled receptor endosomal trafficking pathways revealed by single quantum dots. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18658-63 pubmed publisher..Single-molecule imaging of endosomal trafficking will significantly impact the understanding of cellular signaling and provide powerful tools to elucidate the actions of GPCR-targeted therapeutics. ..
- Tanos R, Murray I, Smith P, Patterson A, Perdew G. Role of the Ah receptor in homeostatic control of fatty acid synthesis in the liver. Toxicol Sci. 2012;129:372-9 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we can conclude that increased AHR activity represses fatty acid synthesis, suggesting it may be a future therapeutic target. ..
- Oki K, Kopf P, Campbell W, Luis Lam M, Yamazaki T, Gomez Sanchez C, et al. Angiotensin II and III metabolism and effects on steroid production in the HAC15 human adrenocortical cell line. Endocrinology. 2013;154:214-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, A-II was not converted to A-III in the HAC15 cell and is the more potent stimulator of aldosterone secretion and cortisol of the two. A-III stimulated aldosterone secretion but not cortisol secretion. ..
- Julian M, Shao G, Vangundy Z, Papenfuss T, Crouser E. Mitochondrial transcription factor A, an endogenous danger signal, promotes TNF? release via RAGE- and TLR9-responsive plasmacytoid dendritic cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72354 pubmed publisher..These findings, and others reported herein, significantly advance our understanding of sterile immune responses triggered by mitochondrial danger signals. ..
- Hire R, Hua G, Zhang Q, Mishra R, Adang M. Anopheles gambiae Ag55 cell line as a model for Lysinibacillus sphaericus Bin toxin action. J Invertebr Pathol. 2015;132:105-10 pubmed publisher..Presence of Î±-glucosidase gene (Agm3) expression in the Ag55 cells was also confirmed. Thus, Ag55 cells constitute an appropriate model system to decipher the mode of Bin action in mosquito larvae. ..
- Lakritz J, Tyler J, Marsh A, Romesburg Cockrell M, Smith K, Holle J. Tilmicosin reduces lipopolysaccharide-stimulated bovine alveolar macrophage prostaglandin E(2) production via a mechanism involving phospholipases. Vet Ther. 2002;3:7-21 pubmed..Tilmicosin (in vivo and in vitro) appears to reduce the PGE(2) eicosanoid response of LPS-stimulated alveolar macrophages by reducing the in vitro substrate availability without altering in vitro COX-2 mRNA expression...
- Ling J, Morley S, Pain V, Marzluff W, Gallie D. The histone 3'-terminal stem-loop-binding protein enhances translation through a functional and physical interaction with eukaryotic initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) and eIF3. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7853-67 pubmed..These data indicate that SLBP stimulates the translation of histone mRNAs through a functional interaction with both the mRNA stem-loop and the 5' cap that is mediated by eIF4G and eIF3. ..
- Monroe D, Johnsen S, Subramaniam M, Getz B, Khosla S, Riggs B, et al. Mutual antagonism of estrogen receptors alpha and beta and their preferred interactions with steroid receptor coactivators in human osteoblastic cell lines. J Endocrinol. 2003;176:349-57 pubmed..These data suggest that the transactivation capacity of various ER isoforms is both SRC species and cell type dependent. ..
- Bruno M, West R, Schneeman T, Bresnick E, Kaetzel C. Upstream stimulatory factor but not c-Myc enhances transcription of the human polymeric immunoglobulin receptor gene. Mol Immunol. 2004;40:695-708 pubmed..The results of our experiments may shed light on the mechanisms of dysregulated expression of pIgR in inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer, diseases associated with aberrant expression of c-Myc. ..
- Song S, Lu Y, Choi Y, Han Y, Tang Q, Zhao G, et al. DNA-dependent PK inhibits adeno-associated virus DNA integration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:2112-6 pubmed..In summary, we have provided evidence that DNA-PK inhibits AAV integration both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Cai L, de Beer M, de Beer F, van der Westhuyzen D. Serum amyloid A is a ligand for scavenger receptor class B type I and inhibits high density lipoprotein binding and selective lipid uptake. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2954-61 pubmed
- Sautin Y, Lu M, Gaugler A, Zhang L, Gluck S. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-mediated effects of glucose on vacuolar H+-ATPase assembly, translocation, and acidification of intracellular compartments in renal epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:575-89 pubmed
- Liu S, Shen T, Huynh L, Klisovic M, Rush L, Ford J, et al. Interplay of RUNX1/MTG8 and DNA methyltransferase 1 in acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1277-84 pubmed..These results suggest a novel mechanism for gene silencing mediated by RUNX1/MTG8 and support the combination of HDAC and DNMT inhibitors as a novel therapeutic approach for t(8;21) AML. ..
- Hwang Y, Leong O, Chen W, Yates M. Comparison of a reporter assay and immunomagnetic separation real-time reverse transcription-PCR for the detection of enteroviruses in seeded environmental water samples. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:2338-40 pubmed..Both new procedures detected infective viruses in environmental samples at the same level as the plaque assay. ..
- Hochreiter R, Ptaschinski C, Kunkel S, Rochford R. Murine gammaherpesvirus-68 productively infects immature dendritic cells and blocks maturation. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:1896-905 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that gamma HV-68 infection of DCs differs depending on the maturation state of the DC. Moreover, the block in DC maturation suggests a possible immunoevasion strategy by gamma HV-68...
- Jha A, Cadugan D, Purohit P, Auerbach A. Acetylcholine receptor gating at extracellular transmembrane domain interface: the cys-loop and M2-M3 linker. J Gen Physiol. 2007;130:547-58 pubmed..The M2-M3 linker appears to be the key moving part that couples gating motions at the base of the ECD with those in TMD. These interactions are distributed along an approximately 16-A border and involve about a dozen residues...
- Price C, Bukka A, Cynamon M, Graham J. Glycine betaine uptake by the ProXVWZ ABC transporter contributes to the ability of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to initiate growth in human macrophages. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:3955-61 pubmed publisher..We then demonstrated that ProXVWZ allows M. tuberculosis to obtain betaine from host macrophages and thereby contributes to early steps in colonizing this niche...
- Howie H, Shiflett S, So M. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation by Neisseria gonorrhoeae downregulates epithelial cell proapoptotic proteins Bad and Bim. Infect Immun. 2008;76:2715-21 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Tfp-induced cytoprotection is due in part to ERK-dependent modification and/or downregulation of proapoptotic proteins Bad and Bim. ..
- Misch E, Macdonald M, Ranjit C, Sapkota B, Wells R, Siddiqui M, et al. Human TLR1 deficiency is associated with impaired mycobacterial signaling and protection from leprosy reversal reaction. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2008;2:e231 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that TLR1 deficiency influences adaptive immunity during leprosy infection to affect clinical manifestations such as nerve damage and disability. ..
- Wacker J, Feller D, Tang X, DeFino M, Namkung Y, Lyssand J, et al. Disease-causing mutation in GPR54 reveals the importance of the second intracellular loop for class A G-protein-coupled receptor function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31068-78 pubmed publisher..Importantly, mutations that disrupt this key hydrophobic interface can manifest as human disease. ..
- Minhajuddin M, Bijli K, Fazal F, Sassano A, Nakayama K, Hay N, et al. Protein kinase C-delta and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activate mammalian target of rapamycin to modulate NF-kappaB activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4052-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data reveal an important role of PKC-delta and PI3K/Akt pathways in activating mTOR as an endogenous modulator to ensure a tight regulation of NF-kappaB signaling of ICAM-1 expression in endothelial cells. ..
- Zhu Y, Wu Y, Kim J, Wang Z, Daaka Y, Nie Z. Arf GTPase-activating protein AGAP2 regulates focal adhesion kinase activity and focal adhesion remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:13489-96 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that AGAP2 regulates the FAK activity and the focal adhesion disassembly during cell migration. ..
- Barnes N, Bartee M, Braiterman L, Gupta A, Ustiyan V, Zuzel V, et al. Cell-specific trafficking suggests a new role for renal ATP7B in the intracellular copper storage. Traffic. 2009;10:767-79 pubmed publisher..We discuss factors that may contribute to cell-specific behavior of ATP7B and propose a role for renal ATP7B in intracellular copper storage. ..
- TURNER J, Thomas A, Reeves J, Hantash B. Calcineurin activation by slow calcium release from intracellular stores suppresses protein kinase C regulation of L-type calcium channels in L6 cells. Cell Calcium. 2009;46:242-7 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to demonstrate that the regulation of L-type Ca(2+) channels in a myocyte model involves a balance between the differential Ca(2+) sensitivities and opposing actions of PKC and calcineurin. ..
- Howard P, Ransom D, Maurer R. Transcription intermediary factor 1gamma decreases protein expression of the transcriptional cofactor, LIM-domain-binding 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:674-8 pubmed publisher..These studies are consistent with a model in which TIF1gamma acts to ubiquitinate LDB1 leading to degradation of LDB1 and changes in transcription of LDB1-dependent promoters. ..
- Ramabu S, Schneider D, Brayton K, Ueti M, Graça T, Futse J, et al. Expression of Anaplasma marginale ankyrin repeat-containing proteins during infection of the mammalian host and tick vector. Infect Immun. 2011;79:2847-55 pubmed publisher..Selection for divergence in Ank function among Anaplasma and Ehrlichia spp. is supported by both locus and allelic analyses of genes encoding orthologous proteins and their ankyrin motif compositions. ..
- Matsumura Y, David L, Skach W. Role of Hsc70 binding cycle in CFTR folding and endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2797-809 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the degradative outcome of Hsc70 binding appears highly sensitive to the duration of its binding cycle, which is in turn governed by the integrated expression of regulatory cochaperones. ..
- Vishnoi N, Flaherty K, Hancock L, Ferreira M, Amin A, Prochasson P. Separation-of-function mutation in HPC2, a member of the HIR complex in S. cerevisiae, results in derepression of the histone genes but does not confer cryptic TATA phenotypes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1809:557-66 pubmed publisher..This is the first direct demonstration that a separation-of-function mutation exists within the HIR complex. ..
- Shi N, Xie W, Chen S. Cell division cycle 7 is a novel regulator of transforming growth factor-?-induced smooth muscle cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6860-7 pubmed publisher..Likewise, Cdc7 enhances Smad3 binding to SMC marker promoter via supporting Smad3 nuclear retention and physically interacting with Smad3. Taken together, our studies have demonstrated a novel role of Cdc7 in SMC differentiation. ..
- Hertz M, Landry D, Willis A, Luo G, Thompson S. Ribosomal protein S25 dependency reveals a common mechanism for diverse internal ribosome entry sites and ribosome shunting. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1016-26 pubmed publisher..We present a model that explains how RPS25 can be a nexus for multiple alternative translation initiation pathways. ..
- Chou S, Ercolani R, Marousek G, Bowlin T. Cytomegalovirus UL97 kinase catalytic domain mutations that confer multidrug resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:3375-9 pubmed publisher..Current diagnostic genotyping assays are unlikely to detect F342S and V356G, and the frequency of their appearance in clinical specimens remains undefined. ..
- Li J, Zhuo M, Pei L, Yu A. Conserved aromatic residue confers cation selectivity in claudin-2 and claudin-10b. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22790-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into how ion selectivity is achieved in the paracellular pore. ..
- Hooper K, Bloom J. A mutant influenza virus that uses an N1 neuraminidase as the receptor-binding protein. J Virol. 2013;87:12531-40 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that, at least in tissue culture, influenza virus receptor-binding activity can be entirely shifted from HA to NA. ..
- Lakshminarasimhan R, Andreu Vieyra C, Lawrenson K, Duymich C, Gayther S, Liang G, et al. Down-regulation of ARID1A is sufficient to initiate neoplastic transformation along with epigenetic reprogramming in non-tumorigenic endometriotic cells. Cancer Lett. 2017;401:11-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide evidence that ARID1A mutation can be an early stage event in the oncogenic transformation of endometriosis cells giving rise to OCCC. ..
- Fantz C, Shaw D, Moore J, Spencer H. Retroviral coexpression of thymidylate synthase and dihydrofolate reductase confers fluoropyrimidine and antifolate resistance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;243:6-12 pubmed..These results show that recombinant retroviruses can be used to transfer the cDNA that encodes both TS and DHFR and dual expression in transduced cells is sufficiently high to confer resistance to TS and DHFR directed anticancer agents...
- Hebert M, Szymczyk P, Shpargel K, Matera A. Coilin forms the bridge between Cajal bodies and SMN, the spinal muscular atrophy protein. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2720-9 pubmed..A cardinal feature of SMA patient cells is a defect in the targeting of SMN to nuclear foci; our results uncover a role for coilin in this process...
- Clark M, Sexton T, McClain M, Root D, Kohen R, Neumaier J. Overexpression of 5-HT1B receptor in dorsal raphe nucleus using Herpes Simplex Virus gene transfer increases anxiety behavior after inescapable stress. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4550-62 pubmed..Because these tests are sensitive to increases in anxiety-like behavior, our results suggest that overactivity of 5-HT(1B) autoreceptors in DRN neurons may be an important mediator of pathological responses to stressful events. ..
- Sur P, Sribnick E, Wingrave J, Nowak M, Ray S, Banik N. Estrogen attenuates oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in C6 glial cells. Brain Res. 2003;971:178-88 pubmed..Our results suggest that estrogen may have a protective role in minimizing glial cell apoptosis in neurological diseases such as demyelinating disease or central nervous system trauma. ..
- Laughery M, Todd M, Kaplan J. Mutational analysis of alpha-beta subunit interactions in the delivery of Na,K-ATPase heterodimers to the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34794-803 pubmed..We conclude that there are different and separable requirements for the assembly of Na,K-ATPase heterodimer complexes, exit of the dimer from the ER, delivery to the PM, and catalytic activity of the dimer. ..
- Li X, Song S, Liu Y, Ko S, Kao H. Phosphorylation of the histone deacetylase 7 modulates its stability and association with 14-3-3 proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34201-8 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase I-mediated phosphorylation of HDAC7 acts, in part, to promote association of HDAC7 with 14-3-3 and stabilizes HDAC7. ..
- Green M, Monser K, Clem R. Ubiquitin protein ligase activity of the anti-apoptotic baculovirus protein Op-IAP3. Virus Res. 2004;105:89-96 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that Op-IAP3 is a functional E3 ubiquitin ligase, and the ability to ubiquitinate pro-apoptotic cellular proteins such as HID may play an important role in the anti-apoptotic function of Op-IAP3. ..
- Brockstedt D, Giedlin M, Leong M, Bahjat K, Gao Y, Luckett W, et al. Listeria-based cancer vaccines that segregate immunogenicity from toxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:13832-7 pubmed..We propose that recombinant Listeria DeltaactA/DeltainlB expressing human tumor-associated antigens represents an attractive therapeutic strategy for further development and testing in human clinical trials. ..
- Holden P, Keene D, Lunstrum G, Bachinger H, Horton W. Secretion of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein is affected by the signal peptide. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17172-9 pubmed..They also imply a previously unappreciated role for the signal peptide in the regulation of protein secretion beyond targeting to the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Balachandran P, Wei F, Lin R, Khan I, Pasco D. Structure activity relationships of aristolochic acid analogues: toxicity in cultured renal epithelial cells. Kidney Int. 2005;67:1797-805 pubmed..AA induced caspase activation was also observed. These cytotoxic data suggest that the nitro and methoxy groups are critical determinants of nephrotoxicologic potency of AA. ..
- Srinivasan R, Mager G, Ward R, Mayer J, Svaren J. NAB2 represses transcription by interacting with the CHD4 subunit of the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase (NuRD) complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15129-37 pubmed..Finally, we show that interaction with CHD4 is regulated by alternative splicing of the NAB2 mRNA. ..
- Datta A, Sinha Datta U, Dhillon N, Buch S, Nicot C. The HTLV-I p30 interferes with TLR4 signaling and modulates the release of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines from human macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:23414-24 pubmed..Our study suggests a novel function of p30, which may instigate immune tolerance by reducing activation of adaptive immunity in ATL patients. ..
- Hardy T, Benghuzzi H, Russell G, Cameron J, Tucci M. The effects of demineralized bone matrix proteins and osteogenic protein-1 on bone cells isolated in culture. Biomed Sci Instrum. 2006;42:66-71 pubmed..This does suggest that DBX provides the most effective treatment for bone cell proliferation. Closer evaluation of the morphology especially the changes occurring at the nuclear level need to be addressed in future studies. ..
- Marian M, Mukhopadhyay P, Borchman D, Tang D, Paterson C. Regulation of sarco/endoplasmic and plasma membrane calcium ATPase gene expression by calcium in cultured human lens epithelial cells. Cell Calcium. 2007;41:87-95 pubmed..Considering the harmful effects of increased intracellular calcium levels, the upregulation of both SERCA and PMCA pumps suggests it is a compensatory mechanism to restore the calcium concentration to the physiological resting level. ..
- Shi J, Damjanoska K, Singh R, Carrasco G, Garcia F, Grippo A, et al. Agonist induced-phosphorylation of Galpha11 protein reduces coupling to 5-HT2A receptors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;323:248-56 pubmed..These data suggest that DOI causes phosphorylation of Galphaq/11 in vivo and could thereby contribute to the desensitization of 5-HT2A receptors. ..