Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: base sequence
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Yuan C, Liu Y, Yang M, Liao D. New methods as alternative or corrective measures for the pitfalls and artifacts of reverse transcription and polymerase chain reactions (RT-PCR) in cloning chimeric or antisense-accompanied RNA. RNA Biol. 2013;10:958-67 pubmed publisher..The ERP and overlapping antisense together set complex pitfalls, which one should be aware of. ..
- Naidu R, Collins G, Ghabrial S. Nucleotide sequence analysis of a cDNA clone encoding the coat protein gene of peanut stunt virus. Plant Mol Biol. 1991;17:175-7 pubmed
- Hwang C, Kolattukudy P. Molecular cloning and sequencing of thioesterase B cDNA and stimulation of expression of the thioesterase B gene associated with hormonal induction of peroxisome proliferation. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:14278-84 pubmed..This thioesterase may be associated with peroxisome proliferation or peroxisomal metabolism...
- Wang Y, Bruenn J, Queener S, Cody V. Isolation of rat dihydrofolate reductase gene and characterization of recombinant enzyme. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:2517-23 pubmed..However, variations between rat and human DHFR enzymes, coupled with unique features in the inhibitors, could lead to the observed differences in enzyme sensitivity and selectivity. ..
- Ghoshal K, Majumder S, Datta J, Motiwala T, Bai S, Sharma S, et al. Role of human ribosomal RNA (rRNA) promoter methylation and of methyl-CpG-binding protein MBD2 in the suppression of rRNA gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6783-93 pubmed
- Zhang Z, Fu J, Gilmour D. CTD-dependent dismantling of the RNA polymerase II elongation complex by the pre-mRNA 3'-end processing factor, Pcf11. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1572-80 pubmed..We posit that conformational changes in the CTD are transduced through Pcf11 to the nascent transcript to cause termination. ..
- Carver L, LaPres J, Jain S, Dunham E, Bradfield C. Characterization of the Ah receptor-associated protein, ARA9. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:33580-7 pubmed..Finally, we have characterized the developmental and expression pattern of ARA9 in the developing mouse embryo and mapped the ARA9 locus to human chromosome 11q13.3. ..
- Kirienko N, McEnerney J, Fay D. Coordinated regulation of intestinal functions in C. elegans by LIN-35/Rb and SLR-2. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000059 pubmed publisher..Our studies also shed light on the mechanistic basis of genetic redundancy among transcriptional regulators and suggest that synthetic interactions may result from the synergistic misregulation of one or more common targets. ..
- Lee J, Ji Z, Tian B. Phylogenetic analysis of mRNA polyadenylation sites reveals a role of transposable elements in evolution of the 3'-end of genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:5581-90 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a conservation pattern for alternative poly(A) sites in several vertebrate species, and indicate that the 3'-end of genes can be dynamically modified by TEs through evolution. ..
- Mishra B, Ansari K, Mandal S. Dynamic association of MLL1, H3K4 trimethylation with chromatin and Hox gene expression during the cell cycle. FEBS J. 2009;276:1629-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies demonstrate that MLL1 and H3K4 methylation have distinct dynamics during the cell cycle and play critical roles in the differential expression of Hox genes associated with cell cycle regulation. ..
- Grandy D, Leduc R, Makam H, Flanagan T, Diliberto E, Civelli O, et al. Nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequence of bovine adrenal medulla chromogranin B (secretogranin I). Cell Mol Neurobiol. 1992;12:185-92 pubmed..4. The carboxyl terminus of bovine chromogranin B, including BAM-1745, was found to be the most conserved region of the polypeptide and may identify it as an important functional domain. ..
- Green B, Farley J, Quinn Dey T, Deich R, Zlotnick G. The e (P4) outer membrane protein of Haemophilus influenzae: biologic activity of anti-e serum and cloning and sequencing of the structural gene. Infect Immun. 1991;59:3191-8 pubmed..The nucleotide sequence of the gene and deduced amino acid sequence of the protein are given. These results demonstrate that e protein is a viable candidate to be a component of a vaccine against NT H. influenzae...
- Moses A, Jarvis M, Raggo C, Bell Y, Ruhl R, Luukkonen B, et al. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-induced upregulation of the c-kit proto-oncogene, as identified by gene expression profiling, is essential for the transformation of endothelial cells. J Virol. 2002;76:8383-99 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate an essential role for c-Kit in KS tumorigenesis and reveal a target for pharmacological intervention. ..
- Gómez Curet I, Robinson K, Funanage V, Crawford T, Scavina M, Wang W. Robust quantification of the SMN gene copy number by real-time TaqMan PCR. Neurogenetics. 2007;8:271-8 pubmed..Quantitative analysis of the SMN copy number in SMA fibroblasts by this approach showed deletion of SMN1 and an inverse correlation between the SMN2 copy number and severity of the disease. ..
- O Donnell K, Humber R, Geiser D, Kang S, Park B, Robert V, et al. Phylogenetic diversity of insecticolous fusaria inferred from multilocus DNA sequence data and their molecular identification via FUSARIUM-ID and Fusarium MLST. Mycologia. 2012;104:427-45 pubmed publisher..fusariumdb.org) at Pennsylvania State University's Department of Plant Pathology and Fusarium MLST (http://www.cbs.knaw.nl/fusarium) at the Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures (CBS-KNAW) Fungal Biodiversity Center. ..
- Picking W, Picking W, Ma C, Hardesty B. A synthetic alanyl-initiator tRNA with initiator tRNA properties as determined by fluorescence measurements: comparison to a synthetic alanyl-elongator tRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:5749-54 pubmed..Also, the effect of erythromycin on their fluorescence is quite different, suggesting that the probes and presumably the alanine moiety to which they are covalently linked are in different positions on the ribosomes. ..
- Moody D, Pomp D, Barendse W. Linkage mapping of the bovine insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor gene. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:168-9 pubmed
- Hu G, Yalpani N, Briggs S, Johal G. A porphyrin pathway impairment is responsible for the phenotype of a dominant disease lesion mimic mutant of maize. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1095-1105 pubmed..The phenotypic and genetic similarities between porphyria and Les22 along with our observation that Les22 is also associated with an accumulation of uroporphyrin revealed what appears to be a case of natural porphyria in plants. ..
- Wang Z, Bhattacharya N, Meyer M, Seimiya H, Tsuruo T, Tonani J, et al. Pim-1 negatively regulates the activity of PTP-U2S phosphatase and influences terminal differentiation and apoptosis of monoblastoid leukemia cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;390:9-18 pubmed..Together these data suggest that Pim-1 phosphorylates PTP-U2S in vivo to decrease the phosphatase activity that may be necessary to prevent the premature onset of apoptosis following differentiation. ..
- Huang E, Yousef A. Draft genome sequence of Paenibacillus polymyxa OSY-DF, which coproduces a lantibiotic, paenibacillin, and polymyxin E1. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:4739-40 pubmed publisher..Here we report the draft genome sequence of Paenibacillus polymyxa OSY-DF. ..
- Tang L, Hutchinson C. Sequence, transcriptional, and functional analyses of the valine (branched-chain amino acid) dehydrogenase gene of Streptomyces coelicolor. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:4176-85 pubmed..2% L-valine to the medium provokes approximately 32 and 80% increases in actinorhodin production in vdh+ and vdh strains, respectively. ..
- Tibbetts A, Sun Y, Lyon N, Ghrist A, Trotter P. Yeast mitochondrial oxodicarboxylate transporters are important for growth on oleic acid. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;406:96-104 pubmed..These studies provide the first link between these mitochondrial transporters and peroxisomal beta-oxidation. ..
- Sang Y, Teresa Ortega M, Rune K, Xiau W, Zhang G, Soulages J, et al. Canine cathelicidin (K9CATH): gene cloning, expression, and biochemical activity of a novel pro-myeloid antimicrobial peptide. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:1278-96 pubmed..The potency and broad antimicrobial activity of K9CATH suggest that this peptide may act as a fundamental contributor to the innate immune responses in this carnivore species. ..
- Chao S, Chai K, Chao L, Chao J. Molecular cloning and primary structure of rat alpha 1-antitrypsin. Biochemistry. 1990;29:323-9 pubmed..Northern blot analysis using the cDNA probe showed that rat alpha 1-antitrypsin is expressed at high levels in the liver and at low levels in the submandibular gland and the lung.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Cerretti D, Nelson N, Kozlosky C, Morrissey P, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. The murine homologue of the human interleukin-8 receptor type B maps near the Ity-Lsh-Bcg disease resistance locus. Genomics. 1993;18:410-3 pubmed..9 +/- 2.7--Lsh-Ity-Bcg--1.9 +/- 1.4--Il8rb--1.9 +/- 1.4--Vil-- 5.9 +/- 2.3--Acrg--2.9 +/- 1.7--Bcl-2. ..
- Henscheid K, Voelker R, Berglund J. Alternative modes of binding by U2AF65 at the polypyrimidine tract. Biochemistry. 2008;47:449-59 pubmed..Finally, we show that the addition of the small U2AF subunit (U2AF35) to U2AF65 with weakened RNA binding affinity significantly enhances the affinity of the resulting U2AF heterodimer. ..
- Kim T, Cui R, Jeon Y, Lee J, Lee J, Sim H, et al. Long-range interaction and correlation between MYC enhancer and oncogenic long noncoding RNA CARLo-5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:4173-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that CARLo-5 has a function in cell-cycle regulation and tumor development. Overall, our data provide a key of the mystery of the 8q24 gene desert. ..
- Han J, Yiu G, Hecht N. Testis/brain RNA-binding protein attaches translationally repressed and transported mRNAs to microtubules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:9550-4 pubmed..Considering its ability to arrest translation in vitro, we propose that TB-RBP functions in the storage and transportation of mRNAs to specific intracellular sites where they are translated. ..
- Matsuo M, Ensor C, Tai H. Characterization of the genomic structure and promoter of the mouse NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:582-6 pubmed..Studies of the promoter's activity showed that the first 400 nucleotides of 5'-flanking region efficiently drove the transcription of the luciferase reporter gene in U936 cells upon stimulation with a phorbol ester. ..
- Kim C, Zabetian C, Cubells J, Cho S, Biaggioni I, Cohen B, et al. Mutations in the dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene are associated with human norepinephrine deficiency. Am J Med Genet. 2002;108:140-7 pubmed..Patient 2 carries missense mutations in exons 1 and 6 residing in cis. We propose that NE deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder resulting from heterogeneous molecular lesions at DBH. ..
- Graven K, Bellur D, Klahn B, Lowrey S, Amberger E. HIF-2alpha regulates glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase expression in endothelial cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1626:10-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that cell-specific patterns of HIF-1alpha and HIF-2alpha expression lead to cell-specific gene upregulation during hypoxia. ..
- Squillace R, Chenault D, Wang E. Inhibition of muscle differentiation by the novel muscleblind-related protein CHCR. Dev Biol. 2002;250:218-30 pubmed..These complementary gain- and loss-of-function results suggest that CHCR is an inhibitor of myogenesis. CHCR represents the first muscleblind-related protein that antagonizes, instead of promotes, muscle differentiation. ..
- Zhao Z, Boyle T, Liu Z, Murray J, Wood W, Waterston R. A negative regulatory loop between microRNA and Hox gene controls posterior identities in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001089 pubmed publisher..Given the conservation of the miRNA and Hox gene, the regulatory mechanism might be broadly used across species. The strategy used here to explore mir-57 function provides a path to dissect the regulatory relationship between genes. ..
- Landell M, Brandão L, Barbosa A, Ramos J, Safar S, Gomes F, et al. Hannaella pagnoccae sp. nov., a tremellaceous yeast species isolated from plants and soil. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2014;64:1970-7 pubmed publisher..A novel species is suggested to accommodate these isolates, for which the name Hannaella pagnoccae sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is BI118(T) (?=?CBS 11142(T)?=?ATCC MYA-4530(T)). ..
- Kumar T, Low M. Gonadal steroid hormone regulation of human and mouse follicle stimulating hormone beta-subunit gene expression in vivo. Mol Endocrinol. 1993;7:898-906 pubmed..Testosterone replacement further suppressed (P < 0.05) pituitary FSH content in transgenic (3 +/- 0.5 micrograms/mg protein) but not normal (1 +/- 0.1) males.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Ngo H, Kaiser J, Chan D. The mitochondrial transcription and packaging factor Tfam imposes a U-turn on mitochondrial DNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:1290-6 pubmed publisher..The functional importance of this extreme DNA bending is promoter specific and seems to be related to the orientation of Tfam on the promoters. ..
- Yen C, Pazik J, Elliott R. A polymorphic interstitial telomere array near the center of mouse chromosome 8. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:218-21 pubmed
- Kleiboeker S, Schommer S, Johnson P, Ehlers B, Turnquist S, Boucher M, et al. Association of two newly recognized herpesviruses with interstitial pneumonia in donkeys (Equus asinus). J Vet Diagn Invest. 2002;14:273-80 pubmed
- Xu X, Murdoch F, Curran E, Welshons W, Fritsch M. Transcription factor accessibility and histone acetylation of the progesterone receptor gene differs between parental MCF-7 cells and a subline that has lost progesterone receptor expression. Gene. 2004;328:143-51 pubmed..We speculate that the histone acetylation level at this site may be a marker for chromatin structure that affects the access of transcription factors to the whole promoter. ..
- Lusic H, Gustilo E, Vendeix F, Kaiser R, Delaney M, Graham W, et al. Synthesis and investigation of the 5-formylcytidine modified, anticodon stem and loop of the human mitochondrial tRNAMet. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6548-57 pubmed publisher..The modification contributes to the tRNA's anticodon domain structure, thermodynamic properties and its ability to bind codons AUA and AUG in translational initiation and elongation. ..
- Lin Y, Kimmel L, Myles D, Primakoff P. Molecular cloning of the human and monkey sperm surface protein PH-20. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10071-5 pubmed..4-kb message. Northern blots of tissues other than testis are negative for PH-20, indicating that human PH-20 is testis-specific...
- Tallant T, Paul L, Krzycki J. The MtsA subunit of the methylthiol:coenzyme M methyltransferase of Methanosarcina barkeri catalyses both half-reactions of corrinoid-dependent dimethylsulfide: coenzyme M methyl transfer. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:4485-93 pubmed
- Somers D, Kim W, Geng R. The F-box protein ZEITLUPE confers dosage-dependent control on the circadian clock, photomorphogenesis, and flowering time. Plant Cell. 2004;16:769-82 pubmed..We also demonstrate that ZTL-dependent delay of flowering is mediated through decreases in CONSTANS and FLOWERING LOCUS T message levels, thus directly linking proteasome-dependent proteolysis to flowering. ..
- Aharony D, Little J, Thomas C, Powell S, Berry D, Graham A. Isolation and pharmacological characterization of a hamster urinary bladder neurokinin A receptor cDNA. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;45:9-19 pubmed..The rank order of antagonist affinity is consistent with the observations of NK-2 receptor pharmacology in the native tissues. ..
- Chaffin D, Beres S, Yim H, Rubens C. The serotype of type Ia and III group B streptococci is determined by the polymerase gene within the polycistronic capsule operon. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:4466-77 pubmed..Additionally, these findings suggested that a single gene can confer serotype specificity in organisms that produce complex polysaccharides...
- Zhong R, Burk D, Morrison W, Ye Z. FRAGILE FIBER3, an Arabidopsis gene encoding a type II inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase, is required for secondary wall synthesis and actin organization in fiber cells. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3242-59 pubmed..Together, our findings suggest that the FRA3 type II 5PTase is involved in phosphoinositide metabolism and influences secondary wall synthesis and actin organization. ..
- Ernst L, van de Winkel J, Chiu I, Anderson C. Three genes for the human high affinity Fc receptor for IgG (Fc gamma RI) encode four distinct transcription products. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:15692-700 pubmed..Two transcripts, from genes B and C, have stop codons in EC3 and would be predicted to generate secreted receptors. ..
- Qian J, Yehia G, Molina C, Fernandes A, Donnelly R, Anjaria D, et al. Cloning of human preprotachykinin-I promoter and the role of cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate response elements in its expression by IL-1 and stem cell factor. J Immunol. 2001;166:2553-61 pubmed..As PPT-I is implicated in hemopoietic regulation, immune responses, breast cancer, and other neural functions, these studies add to the basic biology of these processes and could provide targets for drug development. ..
- Pitonzo D, Yang Z, Matsumura Y, Johnson A, Skach W. Sequence-specific retention and regulated integration of a nascent membrane protein by the endoplasmic reticulum Sec61 translocon. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:685-98 pubmed publisher..These findings contrast with passive partitioning models and indicate that Sec61alpha can retain TMs and actively inhibit membrane integration in a sequence-specific and ATP-dependent manner. ..
- Peach R, Bajorath J, Naemura J, Leytze G, Greene J, Aruffo A, et al. Both extracellular immunoglobin-like domains of CD80 contain residues critical for binding T cell surface receptors CTLA-4 and CD28. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21181-7 pubmed..Thus, full CTLA4Ig and CD28Ig binding to B7 molecules is dependent upon residues in the GFC'C" face of the IgV domain and the ABED face of the IgC domain. ..
- Caswell C, Gaines J, Roop R. The RNA chaperone Hfq independently coordinates expression of the VirB type IV secretion system and the LuxR-type regulator BabR in Brucella abortus 2308. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:3-14 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Hfq regulates virB expression through both BabR-dependent and BabR-independent pathways...
- Semple Rowland S, Larkin P, Bronson J, Nykamp K, Streit W, Baehr W. Characterization of the chicken GCAP gene array and analyses of GCAP1, GCAP2, and GC1 gene expression in normal and rd chicken pineal. Mol Vis. 1999;5:14 pubmed..The absence of cellular degeneration in the rd pineal gland suggests that GC1 is not critical for pineal cell survival. ..
- Yu J, Medof M. Characterization of the murine PIG-A promoter region high constitutive PIG-A gene expression in brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;215:497-503 pubmed..Our survey of PIG-A mRNA levels in vivo unexpectedly revealed that PIG-A expression levels are 2-4 fold higher in the brain than in other tissues. ..
- Chatterjee S, Mukerjee S, Tripathi P. Analysis of the sequences of human beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase cDNA clones. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 1995;27:329-36 pubmed..Analysis of genomic clones showed that 4 beta GT exons 3, 4, 5 and 6 were present in a 14 kb genomic clone, EMGT-4. Exon 1 was present in a separate 16 kb clone, EMGT-6.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Gotoh Y, Cooper J. Reactive oxygen species- and dimerization-induced activation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 in tumor necrosis factor-alpha signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:17477-82 pubmed..These results taken together suggest that TNFalpha causes ASK1 activation via ROS-mediated dimerization of ASK1. ..
- Mo X, Bailin T, Sadofsky M. A C-terminal region of RAG1 contacts the coding DNA during V(D)J recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2038-47 pubmed..A trypsin cleavage pattern of the native protein supports this conclusion. A two-domain model for RAG1 is evaluated with respect to the larger recombination complex. ..
- Stitham J, Arehart E, Gleim S, Douville K, MacKenzie T, Hwa J. Arginine (CGC) codon targeting in the human prostacyclin receptor gene (PTGIR) and G-protein coupled receptors (GPCR). Gene. 2007;396:180-7 pubmed..In the case of the human prostacyclin receptor, such alterations may reduce the cardio-, vasculo-, and cytoprotective effects of prostacyclin. ..
- Berg P, Mertz J. Personal reflections on the origins and emergence of recombinant DNA technology. Genetics. 2010;184:9-17 pubmed publisher..Although revolutionary in their impact, the tools and procedures per se were not revolutionary. Rather, the novel ways in which they were applied was what transformed biology. ..
- Chatterjee A, McEvoy J, Chambost J, Blasco F, Chatterjee A. Nucleotide sequence and molecular characterization of pnlA, the structural gene for damage-inducible pectin lyase of Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora 71. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:1765-9 pubmed
- Robinson M, Simon M. Determining transcript number using the polymerase chain reaction: Pgk-2, mP2, and PGK-2 transgene mRNA levels during spermatogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:1557-62 pubmed..Mouse protamine 2 (mP2) is expressed at a level approximately tenfold higher than Pgk-2 and displays a different pattern of expression consistent with initiation of transcription occurring in haploid round spermatids. ..
- Chen Z, Miao Z, Vetter M, Dulin N, Liu S, Che D, et al. Molecular cloning of a regulatory protein for membrane-bound guanylate cyclase GC-A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;278:106-11 pubmed..Coimmunoprecipitation experiments indicate that GCRP associates with GC-A in the presence of ANF. These results suggest that ANF induces the association of GCRP with GC-A and this association contributes to the activation of GC-A. ..
- Sandman K, Louvel H, Samson R, Pereira S, Reeve J. Archaeal chromatin proteins histone HMtB and Alba have lost DNA-binding ability in laboratory strains of Methanothermobacter thermautotrophicus. Extremophiles. 2008;12:811-7 pubmed publisher..The loss of DNA binding by HMtB(I19) does not therefore prevent HMtB from participating in DNA interactions as one partner of an archaeal histone heterodimer. ..
- Han S, Green L, Schnell D. The signal peptide peptidase is required for pollen function in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1289-301 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that AtSPP is required for male gametophyte development and pollen maturation in Arabidopsis. ..
- Chetty C, Dontula R, Gujrati M, Dinh D, Lakka S. Blockade of SOX4 mediated DNA repair by SPARC enhances radioresponse in medulloblastoma. Cancer Lett. 2012;323:188-98 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence of the anti-tumor effect of combining SPARC with irradiation as a new therapeutic strategy for the treatment of medulloblastoma. ..
- Dobens L, Rudolph K, Berger E. Ecdysterone regulatory elements function as both transcriptional activators and repressors. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:1846-53 pubmed..In the presence of ecdysterone, receptor-hormone binding to the EcRE leads to greatly enhanced transcription. ..
- Takesono A, Cismowski M, Ribas C, Bernard M, Chung P, Hazard S, et al. Receptor-independent activators of heterotrimeric G-protein signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33202-5 pubmed..AGS2 and AGS3 may also serve as novel binding partners for Galpha and Gbetagamma that allow the subunits to subserve functions that do not require initial heterotrimer formation. ..
- Wiens G, Brown M, Rittenberg M. Repertoire shift in the humoral response to phosphocholine-keyhole limpet hemocyanin: VH somatic mutation in germinal center B cells impairs T15 Ig function. J Immunol. 2003;170:5095-102 pubmed..The failure of T15 to gain affinity enhancing mutations in the face of these detrimental changes may contribute to repertoire shift. ..
- Taylor J, Fulton R, Dabo S, Lehenbauer T, Confer A. Comparison of genotypic and phenotypic characterization methods for Pasteurella multocida isolates from fatal cases of bovine respiratory disease. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:366-75 pubmed..Isolates obtained from fatal cases of BRD in calves in a commercial feedlot demonstrated significant diversity, justifying additional investigation into whether P. multocida is a strictly opportunistic pathogen in cattle...
- Napolitano M, Almagro Moreno S, Boyd E. Dichotomy in the evolution of pathogenicity island and bacteriophage encoded integrases from pathogenic Escherichia coli strains. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:423-36 pubmed publisher..coli PAIs. Overall this work is the first to demonstrate a dichotomy in the evolution of integrases encoded on PAIs and phages from pathogenic E. coli suggesting that PAIs are an evolutionary distinct genetic element...
- Chang T, Abelson J. Identification of a putative amidase gene in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:7180 pubmed
- Hong Z, Verma D. A phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase is induced during soybean nodule organogenesis and is associated with membrane proliferation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:9617-21 pubmed..The temporal increase of a specific PI3K activity during membrane proliferation in young nodules suggests that PI3K plays a pivotal role in development of the peribacteroid membrane forming a subcellular compartment...
- Lim L, Lau N, Garrett Engele P, Grimson A, Schelter J, Castle J, et al. Microarray analysis shows that some microRNAs downregulate large numbers of target mRNAs. Nature. 2005;433:769-73 pubmed..Moreover, miR-1 and miR-124, and presumably other tissue-specific miRNAs, seem to downregulate a far greater number of targets than previously appreciated, thereby helping to define tissue-specific gene expression in humans. ..
- Miller W, Drautz D, Janecka J, Lesk A, Ratan A, Tomsho L, et al. The mitochondrial genome sequence of the Tasmanian tiger (Thylacinus cynocephalus). Genome Res. 2009;19:213-20 pubmed publisher..This study therefore adds to the growing evidence that extensive sequencing of museum collections is both feasible and desirable, and can yield complete genomes. ..
- Thornhill D, Lord J. Secondary structure models for the internal transcribed spacer (ITS) region 1 from symbiotic dinoflagellates. Protist. 2010;161:434-51 pubmed publisher..Consequently, ITS1 secondary structures are useful in understanding the biology and phylogenetics, as well as recognizing and excluding questionable sequences from datasets, of protists such as Symbiodinium. ..
- Condon M, Scheffer S, Lewis M, Wharton R, Adams D, Forbes A. Lethal interactions between parasites and prey increase niche diversity in a tropical community. Science. 2014;343:1240-4 pubmed publisher..Most Bellopius species emerged as adults from only one fly species, yet evidence from pupae (preadult emergence samples) show that most Bellopius also attacked additional fly species but never emerged as adults from those flies. ..
- Lima W, Crooke S. Binding affinity and specificity of Escherichia coli RNase H1: impact on the kinetics of catalysis of antisense oligonucleotide-RNA hybrids. Biochemistry. 1997;36:390-8 pubmed..These results offer further insights into the physical binding properties of the RNase H-substrate interaction as well as the design of effective antisense oligonucleotides. ..
- Liu Y, Jiang G, Cui Y, Mukherjee A, Ma W, Chatterjee A. kdgREcc negatively regulates genes for pectinases, cellulase, protease, HarpinEcc, and a global RNA regulator in Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2411-21 pubmed..Our findings support the idea that KdgREcc affects transcription by promoter occlusion, i.e., preventing the initiation of transcription, and by a roadblock mechanism, i.e., by affecting the elongation of transcription. ..
- Stender H, Kurtzman C, Hyldig Nielsen J, Sørensen D, Broomer A, Oliveira K, et al. Identification of Dekkera bruxellensis (Brettanomyces) from wine by fluorescence in situ hybridization using peptide nucleic acid probes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2001;67:938-41 pubmed..bruxellensis and that the new method is able to identify Brettanomyces (D. bruxellensis) with 100% sensitivity and 100% specificity. ..
- Stamper D, Radosevich M, Hallberg K, Traina S, Tuovinen O. Ralstonia basilensis M91-3, a denitrifying soil bacterium capable of using s-triazines as nitrogen sources. Can J Microbiol. 2002;48:1089-98 pubmed..It could also use several other s-triazines as nitrogen sources. Ralstonia basilensis M91-3 was capable of denitrification, which was confirmed by gas chromatographic analysis of nitrous oxide under acetylene blockage conditions. ..
- Michaels S, Bezerra I, Amasino R. FRIGIDA-related genes are required for the winter-annual habit in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3281-5 pubmed
- Colosi D, Martin D, More K, Lalande M. Genomic organization and allelic expression of UBE3A in chicken. Gene. 2006;383:93-8 pubmed..Biallelic expression of UBE3A is observed in embryonic chicken brain and limb, indicating that UBE3A is not subject to genomic imprinting in chicken. ..
- Stevens C, Manoharan T, Fahl W. Characterization of mutagen-activated cellular oncogenes that confer anchorage independence to human fibroblasts and tumorigenicity to NIH 3T3 cells: sequence analysis of an enzymatically amplified mutant HRAS allele. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:3875-9 pubmed..This oncogene as well as yet to be identified oncogene are also shown to stably confer anchorage-independence to human cells. ..
- Losman J, Fasy T, Novick K, Massa M, Monestier M. Nucleosome-specific antibody from an autoimmune MRL/Mp-lpr/lpr mouse. Arthritis Rheum. 1993;36:552-60 pubmed..The nucleosome core particle expresses a unique conformational autoepitope(s) resulting from the ordered association of histones and DNA. ..
- Slukvin I, Grendell R, Rao D, Hughes A, Golos T. Cloning of rhesus monkey LILRs. Tissue Antigens. 2006;67:331-7 pubmed..Characterization of rhesus LILRs will facilitate use of this non-human primate model for the study of the functional role(s) of LILRs, including immune regulation through interaction with non-classical MHC class I molecules. ..
- Fautsch M, Thompson M, Holicky E, Schultz P, Hallett J, Wieben E. Conservation of coding and transcriptional control sequences within the snRNP E protein gene. Genomics. 1992;14:883-90 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that along with the amino acid sequence conservation between human and mouse, the snRNP E protein gene has also maintained a high DNA sequence conservation within its basal promoter structure. ..
- Muro I, Berry D, Huh J, Chen C, Huang H, Yoo S, et al. The Drosophila caspase Ice is important for many apoptotic cell deaths and for spermatid individualization, a nonapoptotic process. Development. 2006;133:3305-15 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that Ice participates in, but is not absolutely required for, the non-apoptotic process of spermatid differentiation. ..
- Chen D, Frey P, Lepore B, Ringe D, Ruzicka F. Identification of structural and catalytic classes of highly conserved amino acid residues in lysine 2,3-aminomutase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:12647-53 pubmed..In particular, a network of hydrogen bonded interactions of Arg130, Glu86, Arg135, and the main chain carbonyl groups of Cys132 and Leu55 appears to stabilize the [4Fe-4S] cluster. ..
- Tie F, Furuyama T, Harte P. The Drosophila Polycomb Group proteins ESC and E(Z) bind directly to each other and co-localize at multiple chromosomal sites. Development. 1998;125:3483-96 pubmed