Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on asian continental ancestry group in China
Topic: asian continental ancestry group
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- Wang Y, Luk A, Ma R, So W, Tam C, Ng M, et al. Predictive role of multilocus genetic polymorphisms in cardiovascular disease and inflammation-related genes on chronic kidney disease in Type 2 diabetes--an 8-year prospective cohort analysis of 1163 patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:190-6 pubmed publisher..Risk associations with PON1, PON2, CETP, ITGA2 and LTA genetic polymorphisms underline the importance of lipid metabolism, haemostasis and inflammation in the development of CKD in patients with Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhang J, Xu D, Xu K, Wu B, Zheng M, Chen J, et al. HLA-A and HLA-B gene polymorphism and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in a Han Chinese population. Respir Med. 2012;106:1456-62 pubmed publisher..05). These data suggest that the gene frequency of HLA-A*3, HLA-B*14, -B*15, -B*40, and the linked gene frequency of HLA-A2B15, -A2B40, -A11B15, -A24B58, -A30B40 is associated with IPF pathogenesis. ..
- Chen Y, Song W, Huang R, Chen K, Zhao B, Li J, et al. GAK rs1564282 and DGKQ rs11248060 increase the risk for Parkinson's disease in a Chinese population. J Clin Neurosci. 2013;20:880-3 pubmed publisher..GAK rs1564282 and DGKQ rs11248060 increase the risk for PD in Chinese patients. More related studies with a larger number of participants are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Sun L, Lv W, Liang Y, Friedman D, Yang X, Guo L, et al. The prevalence of and risk factors associated with pterygium in a rural adult Chinese population: the Handan Eye Study. Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2013;20:148-54 pubmed publisher..6% (95% CI 1.9-7.3%) had low vision. Approximately one in ten adults had pterygium in this rural Chinese population. Age and male sex were positively, and current smoking negatively associated with the prevalence of pterygium. ..
- Shen D, Wang B, Bai J, Han Q, Liu C, Huang X, et al. Clinical Value of CYP2C19 Genetic Testing for Guiding the Antiplatelet Therapy in a Chinese Population. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2016;67:232-6 pubmed publisher..Individual antiplatelet therapy guided by CYP2C19 genetic testing significantly reduced the rate of MACE without an increase in the rate of bleeding in the near term in this Chinese population. ..
- Bi R, Tang J, Zhang W, Li X, Chen S, Yu D, et al. Mitochondrial genome variations and functional characterization in Han Chinese families with schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2016;171:200-6 pubmed publisher..15395 A>G and m.8536 A>G to cause mitochondrial dysfunction at the cellular level. Our results showed that mtDNA variants were actively involved in schizophrenia in some families with maternal inheritance of this disease. ..
- Bai R, Liu Y, Lv X, Shi M, Ma S. Genetic polymorphisms of 17 Y chromosomal STRs in She and Manchu ethnic populations from China. Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2016;22:e12-e14 pubmed publisher..9474 and 0.9080, respectively. Research results will be valuable for human identification and paternity tests in the two minority regions and for Chinese population genetic study in the future. ..
- Spracklen C, Chen P, Kim Y, Wang X, Cai H, Li S, et al. Association analyses of East Asian individuals and trans-ancestry analyses with European individuals reveal new loci associated with cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1770-1784 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these analyses identified multiple novel lipid loci, providing new potential therapeutic targets...
- Hong X, Hsu Y, Terwedow H, Arguelles L, Tang G, Liu X, et al. CYP19A1 polymorphisms are associated with bone mineral density in Chinese men. Hum Genet. 2007;121:491-500 pubmed..Our finding suggests that genetic variations in the CYP19A1 gene are significantly associated with BMD at different skeletal sites in adult men, but not in women. ..
- Chan Yeung M, Ho S, Cheung A, So L, Wong P, Chan K, et al. Polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase genes and functional activity in smokers with or without COPD. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2007;11:508-14 pubmed..Polymorphisms of GSTT1, GSTM1 and GSTP1 genes are unlikely to be involved in the pathogenesis of COPD in Chinese in Hong Kong and Southern China. ..
- Zhu H, Shang D, Sun M, Choi S, Liu Q, Hao J, et al. X-linked congenital hypertrichosis syndrome is associated with interchromosomal insertions mediated by a human-specific palindrome near SOX3. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;88:819-826 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly support the pathogenicity of the identified insertions and establish X-linked congenital hypertrichosis syndrome as a genomic disorder. ..
- Zhang R, Wang X, Liu J, Yang S, Tang Z, Li S, et al. Apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism and the risk of intracerebral hemorrhage in the Chinese population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012;16:63-6 pubmed publisher..61, 95% CI=1.89, 6.88; p<0.001) and ?4 allele (OR=3.00, 95% CI=1.76, 5.13; p<0.001) than healthy controls. This study suggests that the APOE genotype is associated with the risk of ICH in Chinese Han patients. ..
- Liu Y, Lu Z. Chinese high school students' academic stress and depressive symptoms: gender and school climate as moderators. Stress Health. 2012;28:340-6 pubmed publisher..The findings suggested that gender and students' perceptions of school climate could moderate the relationships between Chinese high school students' academic stress and their depressive symptoms. ..
- Zhao X, Ren Y, Zhang X, Chen C, Dong B, Li Y. A novel GUCY2D mutation in a Chinese family with dominant cone dystrophy. Mol Vis. 2013;19:1039-46 pubmed..A novel missense mutation of the GUCY2D gene was identified in this study. Our results further confirm that the dimerization zone of RetGC-1 is the mutational hot region for COD and CORD. ..
- Gu Y, Shao M, Du X, Li M, Shi H, Zhang G. [Mutation analysis of FLG gene in 10 Chinese families with ichthyosis vulgaris]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2013;30:257-60 pubmed publisher..9%). Mutations 5757delCCAG and S2706X were first found in patients with ichthyosis vulgaris. Other candidate genes may underlie the disease in those without a FLG mutation. ..
- Yi L, Wang J, Guo X, Gu Y, Tu W, Guo G, et al. STAT4 is a genetic risk factor for systemic sclerosis in a Chinese population. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2013;26:473-478 pubmed..It also revealed different genetic aspects of SSc subsets in a Han Chinese population. ..
- Zhou K, Zhang M, Wu Q, Ji Z, Zhang X, Zhuang G. Psychometrics of chronic liver disease questionnaire in Chinese chronic hepatitis B patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:3494-501 pubmed publisher..The CLDQ has acceptable reliability, validity and sensitivity in Chinese (mainland) patients with CHB. ..
- Yang F, Qiu J, Zhao H, Wang Z, Tao D, Xiao X, et al. The prevalence, clinical correlates and structure of phobic fears in Han Chinese women with recurrent major depression. J Affect Disord. 2014;157:92-9 pubmed publisher..Phobic fears are correlated with comorbid MD and more severe MD. These phobic fears clearly subdivide into four subgroups that differ meaningfully from each other. ..
- Chen S, Wang Z, Zhang L, Lu G, Zhou C, Wang D, et al. Association Between Polymorphism in the Human Cathepsin L (CTSL1) Promoter with Hypertension in the Uygur, Kazak and Han Populations in China. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2015;25:640-3 pubmed publisher..A/A) was also observed after adjusting the variable to the covariates age (OR = 0.629, 95% CI = 0.464 0853, p = 0.003). The study results indicate the A-allele of rs3118869 is a protective factor in hypertension. ..
- Ye X, Liu X, Song D, Zhang X, Zhu B, Wei L, et al. Estimating glomerular filtration rate by serum creatinine or/and cystatin C equations: An analysis of multi-centre Chinese subjects. Nephrology (Carlton). 2016;21:372-8 pubmed publisher..However, further research is warranted to improve the accuracy of available equations in GFR less than 60 mL/min per 1.73 m(2) individuals. ..
- Zou H, Chai J, Liu S, Zang H, Yu X, Tian L, et al. A De novo PAX8 mutation in a Chinese child with congenital thyroid dysgenesis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11434-9 pubmed..However, de novo mutation and epigenetic mechanisms need to be considered in the future study. ..
- Li Y, Li S, Zhai Q, Hai J, Wang D, Cao M, et al. Association of GSTs polymorphisms with risk of gestational diabetes mellitus. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15191-7 pubmed..In conclusion, we suggest that the GSTM1 null genotype and GSTT1 null genotype are correlated with an increased risk of gestational diabetes mellitus in a Chinese population. ..
- Wang W, Zhang L, Liu W, Zhu Q, Lan Q, Zhao J. Antiplatelet Agents for the Secondary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack: A Network Meta-Analysis. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:1081-1089 pubmed publisher..Our results also show that Cilo was significantly more efficient than other therapies in Asian patients; therefore, future trials should focus on Cilo treatment for secondary prevention of recurrent stroke in non-Asian patients. ..
- Wu S, Yuan W, Shen Y, Lu X, Li Y, Tian T, et al. The miR-608 rs4919510 polymorphism may modify cancer susceptibility based on type. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703819 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SEMA4G may function as an oncogene or tumour suppressor to regulate tumour development in a type-specific manner. Further studies with experimental evaluations are warranted. ..
- Liu T, Hui J, Hou Y, Zou Y, Jiang W, Yang X, et al. Meta-Analysis of Efficacy and Safety of Low-Intensity Warfarin Therapy for East Asian Patients With Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1562-1567 pubmed publisher..57 to 1.01, p?=?0.06), there was a decreased trend in it. In conclusion, low-intensity warfarin therapy can achieve reduced hemorrhage without increasing thromboembolism for East Asian patients with NVAF receiving warfarin therapy. ..
- Li Z, Chen J, Yu H, He L, Xu Y, Zhang D, et al. Genome-wide association analysis identifies 30 new susceptibility loci for schizophrenia. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1576-1583 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide novel insight into the genetic architecture and biological etiology of schizophrenia...
- Zhou L, Huang Y, Li H, Fan J, ZhangBao J, Yu H, et al. MOG-antibody associated demyelinating disease of the CNS: A clinical and pathological study in Chinese Han patients. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;305:19-28 pubmed publisher..Our investigations suggest that MOG-ab mediates a distinct disease entity separate from NMO/SD. ..
- Li W, Changsheng C, Jiangfang F, Bin G, Nanyan Z, Xiaomiao L, et al. Effects of sex steroid hormones, thyroid hormone levels, and insulin regulation on thyrotoxic periodic paralysis in Chinese men. Endocrine. 2010;38:386-90 pubmed publisher..The levels of thyroid hormone, sex hormone, and insulin were different in Chinese male patients with TPP compared to those with only hyperthyroidism...
- Ho J, Mak J, Ho S, Ip M, Tsang K, Lam W, et al. Manganese superoxide dismutase and catalase genetic polymorphisms, activity levels, and lung cancer risk in Chinese in Hong Kong. J Thorac Oncol. 2006;1:648-53 pubmed..The common Val16Ala MnSOD polymorphism and C-T substitution in the promoter region of the catalase gene do not confer increased or reduced risk of lung cancer in Chinese in Hong Kong. ..
- Ma X, Deng W, Liu X, Li M, Chen Z, He Z, et al. A genome-wide association study for quantitative traits in schizophrenia in China. Genes Brain Behav. 2011;10:734-9 pubmed publisher..Although the gene identified requires confirmation in an independent sample, the MSRA gene located on chromosome 8 was found to be associated with the phenotype of schizophrenia. ..
- Chen Q, Huang C, Hu X, Li S, Zhang X. Functional CLOCK gene rs1554483 G/C polymorphism is associated with susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease in the Chinese population. J Int Med Res. 2013;41:340-6 pubmed publisher..Among APOE ?4 noncarriers, but not APOE ?4 carriers, the CLOCK rs1554483 G allele was associated with increased susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Chen Z, Li J, Chen P, Wang F, Zhang N, Yang M, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of the drug-metabolizing enzyme cytochrome P450 3A5 in a Uyghur Chinese population. Xenobiotica. 2016;46:850-6 pubmed publisher..781. 4.â€‚Our data provide new information regarding CYP3A5 genetic polymorphisms in Uyghur individuals, which may help to improve individualization of drug therapy and offer a preliminary basis for more rational use of drugs. ..
- Chen W, Yao X, Zhang Q, Ni W, He J, Li H, et al. Novel SLC20A2 mutations identified in southern Chinese patients with idiopathic basal ganglia calcification. Gene. 2013;529:159-62 pubmed publisher..Our study supports the hypothesis that SLC20A2 is a causative gene of IBGC and expands the mutation spectrum of SLC20A2, which facilitates the understanding of the genotype-phenotype correlation of IBGC. ..
- Wu W, Zhang W, Qiao R, Chen D, Wang H, Wang Y, et al. Association of XPD polymorphisms with severe toxicity in non-small cell lung cancer patients in a Chinese population. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3889-95 pubmed publisher..This investigation, for the first time, provides suggestive evidence of an effect of XPD p.Arg(156)Arg polymorphism on severe toxicity variability among platinum-treated non-small cell lung cancer patients. ..
- Li R, Yang W, Zhang J, Hirankarn N, Pan H, Mok C, et al. Association of CD247 with systemic lupus erythematosus in Asian populations. Lupus. 2012;21:75-83 pubmed publisher..A significant association between variants in CD247 and SLE was demonstrated in Asian populations. Understanding the involvement of CD247 in SLE may shed new light on disease mechanisms and development of new treatment paradigms. ..
- Xu L, Guo Y, Cen J, Yan W, He H, Niu Y, et al. Overexpressed miR-155 is associated with initial presentation and poor outcome in Chinese pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:4841-50 pubmed..MiR-155 would be a novel biomarker for diagnosis, prognosis and therapy in pediatric AML. ..
- Tam C, Lam V, So W, Ma R, Chan J, Ng M. Genome-wide linkage scan for factors of metabolic syndrome in a Chinese population. BMC Genet. 2010;11:14 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings suggest the presence of susceptibility loci that influence either single (chromosomes 1, 2, 5, 9, 12, 13 and 17) or multiple factors (chromosome 7) for MES in Hong Kong Chinese without diabetes. ..
- Du Z, Wei W, Wang Y, Chen X, Chen C, Liu W, et al. A novel mutation within the 2B rod domain of keratin 9 in a Chinese pedigree with epidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma combined with knuckle pads and camptodactyly. Eur J Dermatol. 2011;21:675-9 pubmed publisher..L458F. We speculated that KRT9 plays a complicated role in the genesis of EPPK with knuckle pads and camptodactyly, which needs to be further investigated. ..
- Duan X, Zhang X, Li G. Clinical relationship between EDN-3 gene, EDNRB gene and Hirschsprung's disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:2839-42 pubmed..The mutations of EDNRB gene and EDN-3 gene are found in the short-segment HD of sporadic Hirschsprung's disease in Chinese population, which suggests that the EDNRB gene and EDN-3 gene play important roles in the pathogenesis of HD. ..
- Zhong X, Yu J, Hou G, Xing Y, Jiang H, Li Y, et al. Common variant in GAB2 is associated with late-onset Alzheimer's disease in Han Chinese. Clin Chim Acta. 2011;412:446-9 pubmed publisher..58, 95% CI=1.22-5.45, P=0.013) and additive model (OR=1.38, 95% CI=1.05-1.80, P=0.020) after adjusting for age, gender, and the APOE ?4 status. Our findings implicate GAB2 as a susceptibility gene for LOAD in Han Chinese. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang D, Yu B, Wang S, Liu Y, Wang J, et al. Prevalence of HIV infection and associated risk factors among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Harbin, P. R. China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58440 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of HIV among MSM in Harbin has been rapidly increasing in the past few years. Targeted, tailored, and comprehensive interventions are urgently needed to prevent the HIV infection from MSM. ..
- Jin Y, Chen D, Hu Y, Guo S, Sun H, Lu A, et al. Association between monoamine oxidase gene polymorphisms and smoking behaviour in Chinese males. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2006;9:557-64 pubmed..In conclusion, there is an important association between MAOA polymorphisms and smoking status, suggesting a possible role of MAOA gene variants in nicotine dependence. ..
- Fok A, Wong G. What have we learnt from ISAAC phase III in the Asia-Pacific rim?. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;9:116-22 pubmed..Further research is needed to reveal the underlying factors responsible for the wide variations in disease manifestations in the region. ..
- Li X, Huo X, Liu K, Li X, Wang M, Chu H, et al. Association between genetic variations in GRHL2 and noise-induced hearing loss in Chinese high intensity noise exposed workers: a case-control analysis. Ind Health. 2013;51:612-21 pubmed..31, 0.16-0.62) and drinkers (0.51, 0.29-0.90). Polymorphisms of GRHL2 may positively contribute to the etiology of NIHL. ..
- Huang M, Han Y, Zhang X, Pei F, Deng J, Kang J, et al. An intron polymorphism in the CXCL16 gene is associated with increased risk of coronary artery disease in Chinese Han population: a large angiography-based study. Atherosclerosis. 2010;210:160-5 pubmed publisher..SNP rs3744700 of CXCL16 gene is independently associated with the development of CAD in Chinese Han population, and GG homozygote which is associated with increased expression of CXCL16 may have a promoting effect on CAD. ..
- Ji F, Wang W, Xia Z, Zheng Y, Qiu Y, Wu F, et al. Prevalence and persistence of chromosomal damage and susceptible genotypes of metabolic and DNA repair genes in Chinese vinyl chloride-exposed workers. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:648-53 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that cumulative exposure dose of VC and common genetic variants in genes relevant to detoxification of carcinogens are the major factors that modulate CBMN induction in VC-exposed workers. ..
- Garcia Barcelo M, Sham M, Lee W, Lui V, Chen B, Wong K, et al. Highly recurrent RET mutations and novel mutations in genes of the receptor tyrosine kinase and endothelin receptor B pathways in Chinese patients with sporadic Hirschsprung disease. Clin Chem. 2004;50:93-100 pubmed..This study identifies additional HSCR disease-causing mutations, some peculiar to the Chinese population, and represents the first comprehensive genetic analysis of sporadic HSCR disease in Chinese. ..
- Miao H, Gong H. Correlation of ACE gene deletion/insertion polymorphism and risk of pregnancy-induced hypertension: a meta-analysis based on 10,236 subjects. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2015;16:982-94 pubmed publisher..44; genotype DD vs. genotype II + DI: OR 1.25, 95% CI 1.10-1.41; genotype II vs. genotype DI + DD: OR 0.96, 95% CI 0.83-1.11. The ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism is associated with the risk of pregnancy-induced hypertension. ..
- Bai Y, Nie S, Jiang G, Zhou Y, Zhou M, Zhao Y, et al. Regulation of CARD8 expression by ANRIL and association of CARD8 single nucleotide polymorphism rs2043211 (p.C10X) with ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2014;45:383-8 pubmed publisher..Single nucleotide polymorphism rs2043211 in CARD8 is significantly associated with ischemic stroke. ANRIL may increase the risk of ischemic stroke through regulation of the CARD8 pathway. ..
- Yu Y, YANG J, Shiu C, Simoni J, Xiao S, Chen W, et al. Psychometric testing of the Chinese version of the Medical Outcomes Study Social Support Survey among people living with HIV/AIDS in China. Appl Nurs Res. 2015;28:328-33 pubmed publisher..This was consistent with results from a study of Taiwanese caregivers. Further validation in other populations and disease states is warranted. ..
- Zhao J, Bai W, Zhu P, Zhang X, Liu S, Wu L, et al. Chinese SLE Treatment and Research group (CSTAR) registry VII: prevalence and clinical significance of serositis in Chinese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2016;25:652-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that higher SLE disease activity contributes to serositis development, and should be treated aggressively. ..
- Gong Q, Lu T, Liu C, Wang Z, Liang J, Xu W, et al. Prevalence and clinicopathologic features of CD30-positive de novo diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in Chinese patients: a retrospective study of 232 cases. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15825-35 pubmed
- Leung T, Liu E, Tang N, Ko F, Li C, Lam C, et al. Nitric oxide synthase polymorphisms and asthma phenotypes in Chinese children. Clin Exp Allergy. 2005;35:1288-94 pubmed..NOS1 C5266T and AAT repeats affect plasma IgE concentrations in Chinese children. On the other hand, neither NOS1 nor NOS3 SNP was associated with FeNO or the risk of having asthma. ..
- IV R, He Q, Wang H, Jin J, Chen Y, Chen J. High serum level of the soluble CD30 identifies Chinese kidney transplant recipients at high risk of unfavorable outcome. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:3375-80 pubmed publisher..Increased sCD30 levels were observed among patients who were PRA-positive, cytomegalovirus antigens or antibodies positive, on long-term dialysis, and <or= 20 years old. Pretransplant sCD30 serum levels reflect immune status. ..
- Wei B, Zhou Y, Xu Z, Xi B, Cheng H, Ruan J, et al. The effect of hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism on cancer risk: evidence from a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27545 pubmed publisher..Ser/Ser: OR?=?1.21, 95%CI?=?1.10-1.33, P<0.001). This meta-analysis showed that hOGG1 326Cys allele might be a low-penetrant risk factor for lung cancer. ..
- Zhang Z, Yu D, Yuan J, Guo Y, Wang H, Zhang X. Cigarette smoking strongly modifies the association of complement factor H variant and the risk of lung cancer. Cancer Epidemiol. 2012;36:e111-5 pubmed publisher..98 (0.49-1.94), 2.36 (1.14-4.90), and 6.39 (3.49-11.68), respectively. These findings suggest that CFH Y402H polymorphism may interact with cigarette smoking to effect the development of lung cancer in the Chinese population. ..
- Lu G, Dong Y, Zhang Q, Jiao L, Yang S, Shen B. Predictive value of vascular endothelial growth factor polymorphisms on the risk of renal cell carcinomas: a case-control study. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8645-52 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that -2578C/A and +460T/C polymorphisms of VEGF modulate the risk of developing RCC in Chinese population. ..
- Tong Y, Jin J, Yan L, Neppert J, Marget M, Flesch B. FCGR3B gene frequencies and FCGR3 variants in a Chinese population from Zhejiang Province. Ann Hematol. 2003;82:574-8 pubmed..Gene variants caused by single nucleotide exchanges were found in addition to the well-known forms, but the reason for this remains unclear. ..
- Qin J, Jiang Z, NIU Z, Zhang K, Hua Q, Jiang Z, et al. [Association of single nucleotide polymorphism in human CYP8B1 gene with gallstone disease]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;91:2092-5 pubmed..465, 95%CI 1.055 - 2.034, P = 0.023). SNP rs3732860 of CYP8B1 gene is associated with gallstone disease in Chinese population. And A allele may play a protective role in the pathogenesis of gallstone. ..
- Wen J, Song C, Liu J, Chen J, Zhai X, Hu Z. Expression quantitative trait loci for TNFRSF10 influence both HBV infection and hepatocellular carcinoma development. J Med Virol. 2016;88:474-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that eQTL SNPs for TNFRSF10 may be susceptibility markers for HCC and chronic HBV infection. ..
- Liu J, Liu J, Li P, Xie X, Guo Q, Tian L, et al. Association of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c gene polymorphism with type 2 diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance and blood lipid levels in Chinese population. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;82:42-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the SNP (rs11868035) is closely related to insulin resistance (IR) in diabetic patients. ..
- Meng Z, Wang Y, Zhang G, Ke Y, Yan Y, Wu L, et al. Identification of an HLA-DPB1*0501 restricted Melan-A/MART-1 epitope recognized by CD4+ T lymphocytes: prevalence for immunotherapy in Asian populations. J Immunother. 2011;34:525-34 pubmed publisher..9% to 73.1%). Therefore, this epitope could provide a new tool and could significantly increase the percentage of melanoma patients that can benefit from cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Chang X, Qin Y, Xu C, Li G, Zhao X, Chen Z. Mutations in WNT4 are not responsible for Müllerian duct abnormalities in Chinese women. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012;24:630-3 pubmed publisher..1091G>A) in exon 5 and one known single-nucleotide polymorphism (rs16826648) in exon 2 were found. The results suggest that WNT4 might not contribute to the aetiology of Müllerian duct abnormalities in Chinese women. ..
- Li J, Cheng G, Wang S. A Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism of miR-196a2T>C rs11614913 Is Associated with Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Chinese Population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:213-5 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that the CT+CC genotypes of rs11614913 were significantly associated with an increased risk and poor prognosis for HCC in the Chinese population. ..
- Chan W, Wong C, Chen E, Ng R, Hung S, Cheung E, et al. Validation of the Chinese Version of the Revised Clinical Interview Schedule: Findings from Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey. East Asian Arch Psychiatry. 2017;27:3-10 pubmed..Its cut-off points for clinically significant symptoms and treatment needs among Chinese are identical to those adopted in the original English version. ..
- Ma X, Cai G, Zou W, Huang Y, Zhang J, Wang D, et al. First evidence for the contribution of the genetic variations of BRCA1-interacting protein 1 (BRIP1) to the genetic susceptibility of cervical cancer. Gene. 2013;524:208-13 pubmed publisher..These findings point to a role for the BRIP1 gene polymorphisms in cervical cancer in a Chinese Han population, and may be informative for future genetic or biological studies on cervical cancer. ..
- Han X, Wang Q, Liu Y, You Z, Bian Z, Qiu D, et al. Efficacy of fenofibrate in Chinese patients with primary biliary cirrhosis partially responding to ursodeoxycholic acid therapy. J Dig Dis. 2012;13:219-24 pubmed publisher..Fenofibrate is effective for improving liver biochemical tests in patients who have partial response to UDCA monotherapy. It is worth exploring the efficacy of fenofibrate on histological changes in PBC patients. ..
- Ho D, Yap M, Ng P, Fung W, Yip S. Association of high myopia with crystallin beta A4 (CRYBA4) gene polymorphisms in the linkage-identified MYP6 locus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40238 pubmed publisher..41 (95% confidence intervals, 1.21-1.64). A novel susceptibility gene (CRYBA4) was discovered for high myopia. Our study also signified the potential importance of appropriate gene prioritization in candidate selection. ..
- Cao Y, Lan W, Li Y, Wei C, Zou H, Jiang L. Single nucleotide polymorphism of NKX2-5 gene with sporadic congenital heart disease in Chinese Bai population. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14917-24 pubmed..The allele and genotype were associated with the occurrence of CHD. The novel DSV (1433A>G) may be relevant with TOF and PLSVC, and the SNP rs2277923 of NKX2-5 gene contributes to the risk of sporadic CHD in Chinese Bai people. ..
- Niu Z, Li J, Zhong H, Yuan Z, Zhou H, Zhang Y, et al. Large variations in ocular dimensions in a multiethnic population with similar genetic background. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22931 pubmed publisher..001), and the presence of diabetes (P < 0.001). There were significant differences in ocular dimensions among different ethnic groups with small differences in genetics but large variations in cultures and lifestyles. ..
- Li W, Tse L, Au J, Yu K, Wang F, Yu I. Prognostic value of alcohol consumption and some other dietary habits for survival in a cohort of Chinese men with lung cancer. Chin J Cancer. 2017;36:21 pubmed publisher..Chinese men with lung cancer who were frequent consumers of fried or preserved food had a worse prognosis than those who consumed these foods only occasionally. ..
- Su D, Guo Y, Li Q, Guan L, Zhu S, Ma X. A novel mutation in CRYAA is associated with autosomal dominant suture cataracts in a Chinese family. Mol Vis. 2012;18:3057-63 pubmed..161G>C (p.R54P) in CRYAA in a Chinese family with autosomal dominant Y-suture cataracts. This is the first report relating a G?C mutation in CRYAA leading to congenital Y-suture cataract. ..
- Wang X, Zhao H, Lv L, Bao L, Wang X, Han S. Prognostic Significance of EZH2 Expression in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A Meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19239 pubmed publisher..EZH2 overexpression indicates a poor prognosis for patients with NSCLC, this effect appears also significant when the analysis is restricted in Asian population, lung AC and stage I patients, but not among Caucasians. ..
- Bao G, Wang M, Guo S, Han Y, Xu G. Association between epidermal growth factor +61 G/A polymorphism and glioma risk in a Chinese Han population. J Int Med Res. 2010;38:1645-52 pubmed..25, 95% CI 1.08, 4.71) than patients with lower grade gliomas. This study demonstrated that the EGF +61 AA genotype is associated with an increased risk of glioma in a Chinese Han population. ..
- Xue Y, Zhao Z, Chen F, Zhang L, Li G, Ma K, et al. Polymorphisms in the promoter of the CD14 gene and their associations with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis. Tissue Antigens. 2012;80:437-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these four SNPs within the promoter of the CD14 gene are associated with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis. ..
- Qiu Y, Zhang X, Qin Y, Yin K, Zhang D. Beta(2)-adrenergic receptor haplotype/polymorphisms and asthma susceptibility and clinical phenotype in a Chinese Han population. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2010;31:91-7 pubmed publisher..022) and homozygotic haplotype -47 T/-20 T/46 A/79 C/252 G (p < 0.0001). These results indicate that the manifestation of asthma might be affected by either an individual beta?AR SNPs or beta?AR haplotype. ..
- Zhang Z, Xia W, He J, Zhang Z, Ke Y, Yue H, et al. Exome sequencing identifies SLCO2A1 mutations as a cause of primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;90:125-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this study might also help to explain the cause of secondary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy. ..
- Zhang J, Ma Z. Patterns of life events preceding the suicide in rural young Chinese: a case control study. J Affect Disord. 2012;140:161-7 pubmed publisher..Family is an important social institution in rural China for suicide prevention efforts. ..
- Wu Y, Yang H, Yang B, Yang K, Xiao C. Association of polymorphisms in prolylcarboxypeptidase and chymase genes with essential hypertension in the Chinese Han population. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2013;14:263-70 pubmed publisher..The present results indicated PRCP rs7104980 can be considered as a marker for EH and Hap3 GAGCACTAACA (PRCP) and Hap16 TTTA (CMA1) might be associated with EH in Chinese Han population. ..
- Xu S, Qiao N, Huang J, Sun C, Cui Y, Tian S, et al. Gender Differences in Dietary Patterns and Their Association with the Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome among Chinese: A Cross-Sectional Study. Nutrients. 2016;8:180 pubmed publisher..For men, the "animal and fried food" dietary pattern was associated with enhancive likelihood of MetS. For women, it was the "high-salt and energy" dietary pattern. ..
- Zhang J, Qiu S, Li S, Zhou D, Tian H, Huo Y, et al. Novel mutations in ubiquitin-specific protease 26 gene might cause spermatogenesis impairment and male infertility. Asian J Androl. 2007;9:809-14 pubmed..The USP26 gene might be of importance in male reproduction. Mutations in this gene might be associated with male infertility, and might negatively affect testicular function. Further research on this issue is in progress. ..
- Wei Y, Lan Y, Liu Y, Meng L, Xu Q, Xie H. Platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 gene polymorphism and its soluble level are associated with ischemic stroke. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:151-8 pubmed publisher..The Leu125Val polymorphism of PECAM-1 and its sPECAM-1 levels are associated with ischemic stroke in Chinese population. Our data suggest that the PECAM-1 gene may play a role in the development of ischemic stroke. ..
- Yip S, Leung K, Fung W, Ng P, Sham P, Yap M. A DNA pooling-based case-control study of myopia candidate genes COL11A1, COL18A1, FBN1, and PLOD1 in a Chinese population. Mol Vis. 2011;17:810-21 pubmed..Common polymorphisms in these four candidate genes (COL11A1, COL18A1, FBN1 and PLOD1) were unlikely to play important roles in the genetic susceptibility to high myopia. ..
- Dai J, Wan S, Zhou F, Myers R, Guo X, Li B, et al. Genetic polymorphism in a VEGF-independent angiogenesis gene ANGPT1 and overall survival of colorectal cancer patients after surgical resection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34758 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that rs1954727 in ANGPT1 gene might be a prognostic biomarker for the overall survival of CRC patients, especially in those receiving chemotherapy, a finding that warrants validation in larger independent populations. ..
- Jiang L, Xu J, Ni J, Gao X, Zhu Z, Dong D, et al. A functional insertion/deletion polymorphism in the proximal promoter of CD3G is associated with susceptibility for hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese population. DNA Cell Biol. 2012;31:1480-5 pubmed publisher..Considering the relative small sample size, replication in other populations with larger sample size and further functional analysis are required for fully understanding the roles of CD3G polymorphisms in predisposition for HCC. ..
- Cao B, Ye Y, Rui J, Li M, Wang W, Wei L, et al. A single-nucleotide polymorphism in the proximal promoter region of the apolipoprotein M gene is associated with dyslipidaemia but not increased coronary artery diseases in Chinese populations. Lipids Health Dis. 2013;12:184 pubmed publisher..The results presented here suggest that the rs805297 SNP is not associated with an increased risk of developing CAD, although it does independently correlate with dyslipidaemia in Han Chinese individuals. ..
- Yu P, Zhu Q, Chen C, Fu X, Li Y, Liu L, et al. Association Between Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I Chain-Related Gene Polymorphisms and Susceptibility of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:430-435 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggested that the MICB*009N allele might be a risk factor for SLE, whereas the MICB*014, MICA*010 and MICB*002 alleles were associated with reduced incidence of SLE in the study population. ..
- Yang Y, Guo S, Yang Z, Zhang T, Cao H, Wang R. [Association between 1019C/T polymorphism of Connexin 37 gene and restenosis after coronary stenting]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2013;30:456-60 pubmed publisher..655). The C allele of 1019C/T polymorphism in the CX37 gene is associated with susceptibility to CAD as well as restenosis after coronary stenting in male patients from Wuxi. ..