Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on asian continental ancestry group in China
Topic: asian continental ancestry group
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- Yang F, Qiu J, Zhao H, Wang Z, Tao D, Xiao X, et al. The prevalence, clinical correlates and structure of phobic fears in Han Chinese women with recurrent major depression. J Affect Disord. 2014;157:92-9 pubmed publisher..Phobic fears are correlated with comorbid MD and more severe MD. These phobic fears clearly subdivide into four subgroups that differ meaningfully from each other. ..
- Chen S, Wang Z, Zhang L, Lu G, Zhou C, Wang D, et al. Association Between Polymorphism in the Human Cathepsin L (CTSL1) Promoter with Hypertension in the Uygur, Kazak and Han Populations in China. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2015;25:640-3 pubmed publisher..A/A) was also observed after adjusting the variable to the covariates age (OR = 0.629, 95% CI = 0.464 0853, p = 0.003). The study results indicate the A-allele of rs3118869 is a protective factor in hypertension. ..
- Ye X, Liu X, Song D, Zhang X, Zhu B, Wei L, et al. Estimating glomerular filtration rate by serum creatinine or/and cystatin C equations: An analysis of multi-centre Chinese subjects. Nephrology (Carlton). 2016;21:372-8 pubmed publisher..However, further research is warranted to improve the accuracy of available equations in GFR less than 60 mL/min per 1.73 m(2) individuals. ..
- Zou H, Chai J, Liu S, Zang H, Yu X, Tian L, et al. A De novo PAX8 mutation in a Chinese child with congenital thyroid dysgenesis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11434-9 pubmed..However, de novo mutation and epigenetic mechanisms need to be considered in the future study. ..
- Li Y, Li S, Zhai Q, Hai J, Wang D, Cao M, et al. Association of GSTs polymorphisms with risk of gestational diabetes mellitus. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15191-7 pubmed..In conclusion, we suggest that the GSTM1 null genotype and GSTT1 null genotype are correlated with an increased risk of gestational diabetes mellitus in a Chinese population. ..
- Wang W, Zhang L, Liu W, Zhu Q, Lan Q, Zhao J. Antiplatelet Agents for the Secondary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack: A Network Meta-Analysis. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:1081-1089 pubmed publisher..Our results also show that Cilo was significantly more efficient than other therapies in Asian patients; therefore, future trials should focus on Cilo treatment for secondary prevention of recurrent stroke in non-Asian patients. ..
- Wu S, Yuan W, Shen Y, Lu X, Li Y, Tian T, et al. The miR-608 rs4919510 polymorphism may modify cancer susceptibility based on type. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703819 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SEMA4G may function as an oncogene or tumour suppressor to regulate tumour development in a type-specific manner. Further studies with experimental evaluations are warranted. ..
- Liu T, Hui J, Hou Y, Zou Y, Jiang W, Yang X, et al. Meta-Analysis of Efficacy and Safety of Low-Intensity Warfarin Therapy for East Asian Patients With Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1562-1567 pubmed publisher..57 to 1.01, p?=?0.06), there was a decreased trend in it. In conclusion, low-intensity warfarin therapy can achieve reduced hemorrhage without increasing thromboembolism for East Asian patients with NVAF receiving warfarin therapy. ..
- Li Z, Chen J, Yu H, He L, Xu Y, Zhang D, et al. Genome-wide association analysis identifies 30 new susceptibility loci for schizophrenia. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1576-1583 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide novel insight into the genetic architecture and biological etiology of schizophrenia...
- Zhou L, Huang Y, Li H, Fan J, ZhangBao J, Yu H, et al. MOG-antibody associated demyelinating disease of the CNS: A clinical and pathological study in Chinese Han patients. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;305:19-28 pubmed publisher..Our investigations suggest that MOG-ab mediates a distinct disease entity separate from NMO/SD. ..
- Li W, Changsheng C, Jiangfang F, Bin G, Nanyan Z, Xiaomiao L, et al. Effects of sex steroid hormones, thyroid hormone levels, and insulin regulation on thyrotoxic periodic paralysis in Chinese men. Endocrine. 2010;38:386-90 pubmed publisher..The levels of thyroid hormone, sex hormone, and insulin were different in Chinese male patients with TPP compared to those with only hyperthyroidism...
- Ho J, Mak J, Ho S, Ip M, Tsang K, Lam W, et al. Manganese superoxide dismutase and catalase genetic polymorphisms, activity levels, and lung cancer risk in Chinese in Hong Kong. J Thorac Oncol. 2006;1:648-53 pubmed..The common Val16Ala MnSOD polymorphism and C-T substitution in the promoter region of the catalase gene do not confer increased or reduced risk of lung cancer in Chinese in Hong Kong. ..
- Ma X, Deng W, Liu X, Li M, Chen Z, He Z, et al. A genome-wide association study for quantitative traits in schizophrenia in China. Genes Brain Behav. 2011;10:734-9 pubmed publisher..Although the gene identified requires confirmation in an independent sample, the MSRA gene located on chromosome 8 was found to be associated with the phenotype of schizophrenia. ..
- Chen Q, Huang C, Hu X, Li S, Zhang X. Functional CLOCK gene rs1554483 G/C polymorphism is associated with susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease in the Chinese population. J Int Med Res. 2013;41:340-6 pubmed publisher..Among APOE ?4 noncarriers, but not APOE ?4 carriers, the CLOCK rs1554483 G allele was associated with increased susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Chen Z, Li J, Chen P, Wang F, Zhang N, Yang M, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of the drug-metabolizing enzyme cytochrome P450 3A5 in a Uyghur Chinese population. Xenobiotica. 2016;46:850-6 pubmed publisher..781. 4.â€‚Our data provide new information regarding CYP3A5 genetic polymorphisms in Uyghur individuals, which may help to improve individualization of drug therapy and offer a preliminary basis for more rational use of drugs. ..
- Chen W, Yao X, Zhang Q, Ni W, He J, Li H, et al. Novel SLC20A2 mutations identified in southern Chinese patients with idiopathic basal ganglia calcification. Gene. 2013;529:159-62 pubmed publisher..Our study supports the hypothesis that SLC20A2 is a causative gene of IBGC and expands the mutation spectrum of SLC20A2, which facilitates the understanding of the genotype-phenotype correlation of IBGC. ..
- Wu W, Zhang W, Qiao R, Chen D, Wang H, Wang Y, et al. Association of XPD polymorphisms with severe toxicity in non-small cell lung cancer patients in a Chinese population. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3889-95 pubmed publisher..This investigation, for the first time, provides suggestive evidence of an effect of XPD p.Arg(156)Arg polymorphism on severe toxicity variability among platinum-treated non-small cell lung cancer patients. ..
- Li R, Yang W, Zhang J, Hirankarn N, Pan H, Mok C, et al. Association of CD247 with systemic lupus erythematosus in Asian populations. Lupus. 2012;21:75-83 pubmed publisher..A significant association between variants in CD247 and SLE was demonstrated in Asian populations. Understanding the involvement of CD247 in SLE may shed new light on disease mechanisms and development of new treatment paradigms. ..
- Xu L, Guo Y, Cen J, Yan W, He H, Niu Y, et al. Overexpressed miR-155 is associated with initial presentation and poor outcome in Chinese pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:4841-50 pubmed..MiR-155 would be a novel biomarker for diagnosis, prognosis and therapy in pediatric AML. ..
- Tam C, Lam V, So W, Ma R, Chan J, Ng M. Genome-wide linkage scan for factors of metabolic syndrome in a Chinese population. BMC Genet. 2010;11:14 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings suggest the presence of susceptibility loci that influence either single (chromosomes 1, 2, 5, 9, 12, 13 and 17) or multiple factors (chromosome 7) for MES in Hong Kong Chinese without diabetes. ..
- Du Z, Wei W, Wang Y, Chen X, Chen C, Liu W, et al. A novel mutation within the 2B rod domain of keratin 9 in a Chinese pedigree with epidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma combined with knuckle pads and camptodactyly. Eur J Dermatol. 2011;21:675-9 pubmed publisher..L458F. We speculated that KRT9 plays a complicated role in the genesis of EPPK with knuckle pads and camptodactyly, which needs to be further investigated. ..
- Duan X, Zhang X, Li G. Clinical relationship between EDN-3 gene, EDNRB gene and Hirschsprung's disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:2839-42 pubmed..The mutations of EDNRB gene and EDN-3 gene are found in the short-segment HD of sporadic Hirschsprung's disease in Chinese population, which suggests that the EDNRB gene and EDN-3 gene play important roles in the pathogenesis of HD. ..
- Zhong X, Yu J, Hou G, Xing Y, Jiang H, Li Y, et al. Common variant in GAB2 is associated with late-onset Alzheimer's disease in Han Chinese. Clin Chim Acta. 2011;412:446-9 pubmed publisher..58, 95% CI=1.22-5.45, P=0.013) and additive model (OR=1.38, 95% CI=1.05-1.80, P=0.020) after adjusting for age, gender, and the APOE ?4 status. Our findings implicate GAB2 as a susceptibility gene for LOAD in Han Chinese. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang D, Yu B, Wang S, Liu Y, Wang J, et al. Prevalence of HIV infection and associated risk factors among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Harbin, P. R. China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58440 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of HIV among MSM in Harbin has been rapidly increasing in the past few years. Targeted, tailored, and comprehensive interventions are urgently needed to prevent the HIV infection from MSM. ..
- Jin Y, Chen D, Hu Y, Guo S, Sun H, Lu A, et al. Association between monoamine oxidase gene polymorphisms and smoking behaviour in Chinese males. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2006;9:557-64 pubmed..In conclusion, there is an important association between MAOA polymorphisms and smoking status, suggesting a possible role of MAOA gene variants in nicotine dependence. ..
- Fok A, Wong G. What have we learnt from ISAAC phase III in the Asia-Pacific rim?. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;9:116-22 pubmed..Further research is needed to reveal the underlying factors responsible for the wide variations in disease manifestations in the region. ..
- Li X, Huo X, Liu K, Li X, Wang M, Chu H, et al. Association between genetic variations in GRHL2 and noise-induced hearing loss in Chinese high intensity noise exposed workers: a case-control analysis. Ind Health. 2013;51:612-21 pubmed..31, 0.16-0.62) and drinkers (0.51, 0.29-0.90). Polymorphisms of GRHL2 may positively contribute to the etiology of NIHL. ..
- Huang M, Han Y, Zhang X, Pei F, Deng J, Kang J, et al. An intron polymorphism in the CXCL16 gene is associated with increased risk of coronary artery disease in Chinese Han population: a large angiography-based study. Atherosclerosis. 2010;210:160-5 pubmed publisher..SNP rs3744700 of CXCL16 gene is independently associated with the development of CAD in Chinese Han population, and GG homozygote which is associated with increased expression of CXCL16 may have a promoting effect on CAD. ..
- Ji F, Wang W, Xia Z, Zheng Y, Qiu Y, Wu F, et al. Prevalence and persistence of chromosomal damage and susceptible genotypes of metabolic and DNA repair genes in Chinese vinyl chloride-exposed workers. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:648-53 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that cumulative exposure dose of VC and common genetic variants in genes relevant to detoxification of carcinogens are the major factors that modulate CBMN induction in VC-exposed workers. ..
- Garcia Barcelo M, Sham M, Lee W, Lui V, Chen B, Wong K, et al. Highly recurrent RET mutations and novel mutations in genes of the receptor tyrosine kinase and endothelin receptor B pathways in Chinese patients with sporadic Hirschsprung disease. Clin Chem. 2004;50:93-100 pubmed..This study identifies additional HSCR disease-causing mutations, some peculiar to the Chinese population, and represents the first comprehensive genetic analysis of sporadic HSCR disease in Chinese. ..
- Miao H, Gong H. Correlation of ACE gene deletion/insertion polymorphism and risk of pregnancy-induced hypertension: a meta-analysis based on 10,236 subjects. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2015;16:982-94 pubmed publisher..44; genotype DD vs. genotype II + DI: OR 1.25, 95% CI 1.10-1.41; genotype II vs. genotype DI + DD: OR 0.96, 95% CI 0.83-1.11. The ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism is associated with the risk of pregnancy-induced hypertension. ..
- Bai Y, Nie S, Jiang G, Zhou Y, Zhou M, Zhao Y, et al. Regulation of CARD8 expression by ANRIL and association of CARD8 single nucleotide polymorphism rs2043211 (p.C10X) with ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2014;45:383-8 pubmed publisher..Single nucleotide polymorphism rs2043211 in CARD8 is significantly associated with ischemic stroke. ANRIL may increase the risk of ischemic stroke through regulation of the CARD8 pathway. ..
- Yu Y, YANG J, Shiu C, Simoni J, Xiao S, Chen W, et al. Psychometric testing of the Chinese version of the Medical Outcomes Study Social Support Survey among people living with HIV/AIDS in China. Appl Nurs Res. 2015;28:328-33 pubmed publisher..This was consistent with results from a study of Taiwanese caregivers. Further validation in other populations and disease states is warranted. ..
- Zhao J, Bai W, Zhu P, Zhang X, Liu S, Wu L, et al. Chinese SLE Treatment and Research group (CSTAR) registry VII: prevalence and clinical significance of serositis in Chinese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2016;25:652-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that higher SLE disease activity contributes to serositis development, and should be treated aggressively. ..
- Gong Q, Lu T, Liu C, Wang Z, Liang J, Xu W, et al. Prevalence and clinicopathologic features of CD30-positive de novo diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in Chinese patients: a retrospective study of 232 cases. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15825-35 pubmed
- Leung T, Liu E, Tang N, Ko F, Li C, Lam C, et al. Nitric oxide synthase polymorphisms and asthma phenotypes in Chinese children. Clin Exp Allergy. 2005;35:1288-94 pubmed..NOS1 C5266T and AAT repeats affect plasma IgE concentrations in Chinese children. On the other hand, neither NOS1 nor NOS3 SNP was associated with FeNO or the risk of having asthma. ..
- IV R, He Q, Wang H, Jin J, Chen Y, Chen J. High serum level of the soluble CD30 identifies Chinese kidney transplant recipients at high risk of unfavorable outcome. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:3375-80 pubmed publisher..Increased sCD30 levels were observed among patients who were PRA-positive, cytomegalovirus antigens or antibodies positive, on long-term dialysis, and <or= 20 years old. Pretransplant sCD30 serum levels reflect immune status. ..
- Wei B, Zhou Y, Xu Z, Xi B, Cheng H, Ruan J, et al. The effect of hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism on cancer risk: evidence from a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27545 pubmed publisher..Ser/Ser: OR?=?1.21, 95%CI?=?1.10-1.33, P<0.001). This meta-analysis showed that hOGG1 326Cys allele might be a low-penetrant risk factor for lung cancer. ..
- Zhang Z, Yu D, Yuan J, Guo Y, Wang H, Zhang X. Cigarette smoking strongly modifies the association of complement factor H variant and the risk of lung cancer. Cancer Epidemiol. 2012;36:e111-5 pubmed publisher..98 (0.49-1.94), 2.36 (1.14-4.90), and 6.39 (3.49-11.68), respectively. These findings suggest that CFH Y402H polymorphism may interact with cigarette smoking to effect the development of lung cancer in the Chinese population. ..
- Lu G, Dong Y, Zhang Q, Jiao L, Yang S, Shen B. Predictive value of vascular endothelial growth factor polymorphisms on the risk of renal cell carcinomas: a case-control study. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8645-52 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that -2578C/A and +460T/C polymorphisms of VEGF modulate the risk of developing RCC in Chinese population. ..
- Tong Y, Jin J, Yan L, Neppert J, Marget M, Flesch B. FCGR3B gene frequencies and FCGR3 variants in a Chinese population from Zhejiang Province. Ann Hematol. 2003;82:574-8 pubmed..Gene variants caused by single nucleotide exchanges were found in addition to the well-known forms, but the reason for this remains unclear. ..
- Qin J, Jiang Z, NIU Z, Zhang K, Hua Q, Jiang Z, et al. [Association of single nucleotide polymorphism in human CYP8B1 gene with gallstone disease]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;91:2092-5 pubmed..465, 95%CI 1.055 - 2.034, P = 0.023). SNP rs3732860 of CYP8B1 gene is associated with gallstone disease in Chinese population. And A allele may play a protective role in the pathogenesis of gallstone. ..
- Wen J, Song C, Liu J, Chen J, Zhai X, Hu Z. Expression quantitative trait loci for TNFRSF10 influence both HBV infection and hepatocellular carcinoma development. J Med Virol. 2016;88:474-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that eQTL SNPs for TNFRSF10 may be susceptibility markers for HCC and chronic HBV infection. ..
- Liu J, Liu J, Li P, Xie X, Guo Q, Tian L, et al. Association of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c gene polymorphism with type 2 diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance and blood lipid levels in Chinese population. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;82:42-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the SNP (rs11868035) is closely related to insulin resistance (IR) in diabetic patients. ..
- Meng Z, Wang Y, Zhang G, Ke Y, Yan Y, Wu L, et al. Identification of an HLA-DPB1*0501 restricted Melan-A/MART-1 epitope recognized by CD4+ T lymphocytes: prevalence for immunotherapy in Asian populations. J Immunother. 2011;34:525-34 pubmed publisher..9% to 73.1%). Therefore, this epitope could provide a new tool and could significantly increase the percentage of melanoma patients that can benefit from cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Chang X, Qin Y, Xu C, Li G, Zhao X, Chen Z. Mutations in WNT4 are not responsible for Müllerian duct abnormalities in Chinese women. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012;24:630-3 pubmed publisher..1091G>A) in exon 5 and one known single-nucleotide polymorphism (rs16826648) in exon 2 were found. The results suggest that WNT4 might not contribute to the aetiology of Müllerian duct abnormalities in Chinese women. ..
- Li J, Cheng G, Wang S. A Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism of miR-196a2T>C rs11614913 Is Associated with Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Chinese Population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:213-5 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that the CT+CC genotypes of rs11614913 were significantly associated with an increased risk and poor prognosis for HCC in the Chinese population. ..
- Chan W, Wong C, Chen E, Ng R, Hung S, Cheung E, et al. Validation of the Chinese Version of the Revised Clinical Interview Schedule: Findings from Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey. East Asian Arch Psychiatry. 2017;27:3-10 pubmed..Its cut-off points for clinically significant symptoms and treatment needs among Chinese are identical to those adopted in the original English version. ..
- Ma X, Cai G, Zou W, Huang Y, Zhang J, Wang D, et al. First evidence for the contribution of the genetic variations of BRCA1-interacting protein 1 (BRIP1) to the genetic susceptibility of cervical cancer. Gene. 2013;524:208-13 pubmed publisher..These findings point to a role for the BRIP1 gene polymorphisms in cervical cancer in a Chinese Han population, and may be informative for future genetic or biological studies on cervical cancer. ..
- Han X, Wang Q, Liu Y, You Z, Bian Z, Qiu D, et al. Efficacy of fenofibrate in Chinese patients with primary biliary cirrhosis partially responding to ursodeoxycholic acid therapy. J Dig Dis. 2012;13:219-24 pubmed publisher..Fenofibrate is effective for improving liver biochemical tests in patients who have partial response to UDCA monotherapy. It is worth exploring the efficacy of fenofibrate on histological changes in PBC patients. ..
- Ho D, Yap M, Ng P, Fung W, Yip S. Association of high myopia with crystallin beta A4 (CRYBA4) gene polymorphisms in the linkage-identified MYP6 locus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40238 pubmed publisher..41 (95% confidence intervals, 1.21-1.64). A novel susceptibility gene (CRYBA4) was discovered for high myopia. Our study also signified the potential importance of appropriate gene prioritization in candidate selection. ..
- Cao Y, Lan W, Li Y, Wei C, Zou H, Jiang L. Single nucleotide polymorphism of NKX2-5 gene with sporadic congenital heart disease in Chinese Bai population. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14917-24 pubmed..The allele and genotype were associated with the occurrence of CHD. The novel DSV (1433A>G) may be relevant with TOF and PLSVC, and the SNP rs2277923 of NKX2-5 gene contributes to the risk of sporadic CHD in Chinese Bai people. ..
- Niu Z, Li J, Zhong H, Yuan Z, Zhou H, Zhang Y, et al. Large variations in ocular dimensions in a multiethnic population with similar genetic background. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22931 pubmed publisher..001), and the presence of diabetes (P < 0.001). There were significant differences in ocular dimensions among different ethnic groups with small differences in genetics but large variations in cultures and lifestyles. ..
- Li W, Tse L, Au J, Yu K, Wang F, Yu I. Prognostic value of alcohol consumption and some other dietary habits for survival in a cohort of Chinese men with lung cancer. Chin J Cancer. 2017;36:21 pubmed publisher..Chinese men with lung cancer who were frequent consumers of fried or preserved food had a worse prognosis than those who consumed these foods only occasionally. ..
- Su D, Guo Y, Li Q, Guan L, Zhu S, Ma X. A novel mutation in CRYAA is associated with autosomal dominant suture cataracts in a Chinese family. Mol Vis. 2012;18:3057-63 pubmed..161G>C (p.R54P) in CRYAA in a Chinese family with autosomal dominant Y-suture cataracts. This is the first report relating a G?C mutation in CRYAA leading to congenital Y-suture cataract. ..
- Wang X, Zhao H, Lv L, Bao L, Wang X, Han S. Prognostic Significance of EZH2 Expression in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A Meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19239 pubmed publisher..EZH2 overexpression indicates a poor prognosis for patients with NSCLC, this effect appears also significant when the analysis is restricted in Asian population, lung AC and stage I patients, but not among Caucasians. ..
- Bao G, Wang M, Guo S, Han Y, Xu G. Association between epidermal growth factor +61 G/A polymorphism and glioma risk in a Chinese Han population. J Int Med Res. 2010;38:1645-52 pubmed..25, 95% CI 1.08, 4.71) than patients with lower grade gliomas. This study demonstrated that the EGF +61 AA genotype is associated with an increased risk of glioma in a Chinese Han population. ..
- Xue Y, Zhao Z, Chen F, Zhang L, Li G, Ma K, et al. Polymorphisms in the promoter of the CD14 gene and their associations with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis. Tissue Antigens. 2012;80:437-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these four SNPs within the promoter of the CD14 gene are associated with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis. ..
- Qiu Y, Zhang X, Qin Y, Yin K, Zhang D. Beta(2)-adrenergic receptor haplotype/polymorphisms and asthma susceptibility and clinical phenotype in a Chinese Han population. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2010;31:91-7 pubmed publisher..022) and homozygotic haplotype -47 T/-20 T/46 A/79 C/252 G (p < 0.0001). These results indicate that the manifestation of asthma might be affected by either an individual beta?AR SNPs or beta?AR haplotype. ..
- Zhang Z, Xia W, He J, Zhang Z, Ke Y, Yue H, et al. Exome sequencing identifies SLCO2A1 mutations as a cause of primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;90:125-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this study might also help to explain the cause of secondary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy. ..
- Zhang J, Ma Z. Patterns of life events preceding the suicide in rural young Chinese: a case control study. J Affect Disord. 2012;140:161-7 pubmed publisher..Family is an important social institution in rural China for suicide prevention efforts. ..
- Wu Y, Yang H, Yang B, Yang K, Xiao C. Association of polymorphisms in prolylcarboxypeptidase and chymase genes with essential hypertension in the Chinese Han population. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2013;14:263-70 pubmed publisher..The present results indicated PRCP rs7104980 can be considered as a marker for EH and Hap3 GAGCACTAACA (PRCP) and Hap16 TTTA (CMA1) might be associated with EH in Chinese Han population. ..
- Xu S, Qiao N, Huang J, Sun C, Cui Y, Tian S, et al. Gender Differences in Dietary Patterns and Their Association with the Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome among Chinese: A Cross-Sectional Study. Nutrients. 2016;8:180 pubmed publisher..For men, the "animal and fried food" dietary pattern was associated with enhancive likelihood of MetS. For women, it was the "high-salt and energy" dietary pattern. ..
- Zhang J, Qiu S, Li S, Zhou D, Tian H, Huo Y, et al. Novel mutations in ubiquitin-specific protease 26 gene might cause spermatogenesis impairment and male infertility. Asian J Androl. 2007;9:809-14 pubmed..The USP26 gene might be of importance in male reproduction. Mutations in this gene might be associated with male infertility, and might negatively affect testicular function. Further research on this issue is in progress. ..
- Wei Y, Lan Y, Liu Y, Meng L, Xu Q, Xie H. Platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 gene polymorphism and its soluble level are associated with ischemic stroke. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:151-8 pubmed publisher..The Leu125Val polymorphism of PECAM-1 and its sPECAM-1 levels are associated with ischemic stroke in Chinese population. Our data suggest that the PECAM-1 gene may play a role in the development of ischemic stroke. ..
- Yip S, Leung K, Fung W, Ng P, Sham P, Yap M. A DNA pooling-based case-control study of myopia candidate genes COL11A1, COL18A1, FBN1, and PLOD1 in a Chinese population. Mol Vis. 2011;17:810-21 pubmed..Common polymorphisms in these four candidate genes (COL11A1, COL18A1, FBN1 and PLOD1) were unlikely to play important roles in the genetic susceptibility to high myopia. ..
- Dai J, Wan S, Zhou F, Myers R, Guo X, Li B, et al. Genetic polymorphism in a VEGF-independent angiogenesis gene ANGPT1 and overall survival of colorectal cancer patients after surgical resection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34758 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that rs1954727 in ANGPT1 gene might be a prognostic biomarker for the overall survival of CRC patients, especially in those receiving chemotherapy, a finding that warrants validation in larger independent populations. ..
- Jiang L, Xu J, Ni J, Gao X, Zhu Z, Dong D, et al. A functional insertion/deletion polymorphism in the proximal promoter of CD3G is associated with susceptibility for hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese population. DNA Cell Biol. 2012;31:1480-5 pubmed publisher..Considering the relative small sample size, replication in other populations with larger sample size and further functional analysis are required for fully understanding the roles of CD3G polymorphisms in predisposition for HCC. ..
- Cao B, Ye Y, Rui J, Li M, Wang W, Wei L, et al. A single-nucleotide polymorphism in the proximal promoter region of the apolipoprotein M gene is associated with dyslipidaemia but not increased coronary artery diseases in Chinese populations. Lipids Health Dis. 2013;12:184 pubmed publisher..The results presented here suggest that the rs805297 SNP is not associated with an increased risk of developing CAD, although it does independently correlate with dyslipidaemia in Han Chinese individuals. ..
- Yu P, Zhu Q, Chen C, Fu X, Li Y, Liu L, et al. Association Between Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I Chain-Related Gene Polymorphisms and Susceptibility of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:430-435 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggested that the MICB*009N allele might be a risk factor for SLE, whereas the MICB*014, MICA*010 and MICB*002 alleles were associated with reduced incidence of SLE in the study population. ..
- Yang Y, Guo S, Yang Z, Zhang T, Cao H, Wang R. [Association between 1019C/T polymorphism of Connexin 37 gene and restenosis after coronary stenting]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2013;30:456-60 pubmed publisher..655). The C allele of 1019C/T polymorphism in the CX37 gene is associated with susceptibility to CAD as well as restenosis after coronary stenting in male patients from Wuxi. ..
- Zhang S, Li G, Liu Y, Li Y. Study on association of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor Î± with C-reactive protein, and additional gene-gene interaction in Chinese Han. Arch Iran Med. 2015;18:765-9 pubmed publisher..9%, respectively. Our results support an important association between rs1800206 minor allele (V) of PPAR Î± and lower CRP level. The interaction analysis showed a combined effect between rs1800206 and rs135539 on the lower CRP level. ..
- Wang C, Jia Z, Ma H, Cao D, Wu X, Wen S, et al. DNA methyltransferase 3a rs1550117 genetic polymorphism predicts poor survival in gastric cancer patients. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14864-74 pubmed..No significant association was found between rs13420827 genetic variants and GC prognosis. Our findings first demonstrated that DNMT3a rs1550117 polymorphism may be a potential biomarker in predicting overall survival of GC patients. ..
- Wang Y, Chen S, Wang R, Huang S, Yang M, Liu L, et al. Postmortem diagnosis of Marfan syndrome in a case of sudden death due to aortic rupture: Detection of a novel FBN1 frameshift mutation. Forensic Sci Int. 2016;261:e1-4 pubmed publisher..This report emphasizes the important contribution of medicolegal postmortem analysis on the molecular pathogenesis study of Marfan syndrome and early diagnosis of at-risk relatives. ..
- Wu Q, Yu B, Chen Y, Shao Y, Zhang J, Zhong Q, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms of MAMDC1 are associated with rash and photosensitivity, but not disease risk, of systemic lupus erythematosus in Chinese mainland population. Clin Rheumatol. 2011;30:1373-8 pubmed publisher..133, OR?=?0.88, 95%CI?=?0.74-1.04), of SLE in Chinese population. Polymorphisms of rs961616 in MAMDC1 gene were associated with rash and photosensitivity, but not disease risk, of systemic lupus erythematosus in Chinese population. ..
- Wong A, Xiong Y, Wang D, Lin S, Chu W, Kwan P, et al. The NINDS-Canadian stroke network vascular cognitive impairment neuropsychology protocols in Chinese. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2013;84:499-504 pubmed publisher..78 for all subjects and 0.76 for stroke patients. The Chinese NINDS-CSN VCI protocols are valid and reliable for cognitive assessment in Chinese patients with mild stroke. ..
- Pei K, Huang Q, Zhang G, Lu C, Yu B, Yang L. Association Between the 4p16 Susceptibility Locus and the Risk of Atrial Septal Defect in Population from Southeast China. Pediatr Cardiol. 2016;37:120-4 pubmed publisher..Our study further supports that these three SNPs confer the predisposition to ASD phenotype in Chinese population. ..
- Shi X, Guo X, Lv A, Kang L, Zhou Y, Zhang Y, et al. Heritability estimates and linkage analysis of 23 short tandem repeat loci on chromosomes 2, 11, and 12 in an endemic osteochondropathy in China. Scand J Rheumatol. 2010;39:259-65 pubmed publisher..There is no significant linkage between KBD and the 23 markers in the Linyou population examined; however, markers near the locus D12S1725 may indicate loci for further study. ..
- Li S, Wang H, Mu D, Fu J, Wang X, Wang J, et al. Prospective evaluation of changes in anterior segment morphology after laser iridotomy in Chinese eyes by rotating Scheimpflug camera imaging. Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2010;38:10-4 pubmed publisher..005), and from 25.77 +/- 5.15 degrees to 27.91 +/- 4.87 degrees in 3 o'clock direction after LPI (P = 0.020). LPI induce dramatic changes of 3-D anterior segment morphology in primary angle-closure suspect and primary angle-closure. ..
- Shen X, Liu R, Yang L, Wu H, Li P, Liang Y, et al. The CRISPLD2 gene is involved in cleft lip and/or cleft palate in a Chinese population. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:918-24 pubmed publisher..SNP rs1546124 is significantly related to NSCLP, associated with both CL/P and CPO groups, and SNP rs4783099 is significantly associated with CPO. ..
- Ge L, Wu H, Pan S, Huang L, Sun P, Liang Q, et al. COMT Val158Met polymorphism is associated with blood pressure and lipid levels in general families of Bama longevous area in China. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15055-64 pubmed..The association between this SNP and other phenotypes (e.g. cognition) and its roles in the longevity in Bama area thus warrant further investigation. ..
- Ho A, Tang N, Cheung B, Stadlin A. Dopamine receptor D4 gene -521C/T polymorphism is associated with opioid dependence through cold-pain responses. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1139:20-6 pubmed publisher..TT individuals might have a higher tendency to use opioids because they experience pain less strongly after chronic opioid use...
- Yu X, Zhang C, Sun A, Jiang L, Zheng J, You Y, et al. Genetic variations in CD14 promoter and acute lymphoblastic leukemia susceptibility in a Chinese population. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:777-82 pubmed publisher..99, 95% CI=1.34-3.01) but not in T-ALL (OR=1.48, 95% CI=0.79-2.84). The findings suggest that CD14-260C/T polymorphism can contribute to B-ALL risk in a Chinese population. ..
- Ma J, Liu L, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Deng Y, Huang Y, et al. Association study of clusterin polymorphism rs11136000 with late onset Alzheimer's disease in Chinese Han population. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2011;26:627-30 pubmed publisher..However, meta-analysis revealed significant allele and genotype differences between Alzheimer's disease and controls following a recessive model. Clusterin (rs11136000) was associated with Alzheimer's disease in Chinese Han population. ..
- Li Y, Chen Y, Hu J, Wei L, Gao H, Xu C. [Correlation of D-amino acid-oxidase gene polymorphism to schizophrenia]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:2142-4 pubmed..021, 0.036, and 0.028, with genotype frequencies of 0.33, 0.28, and 0.15, respectively). The nucleotide polymorphism of DAAO gene is associated with schizophrenia in Chinese population. ..
- Gong P, Zhang F, Ge W, Lei X, Chi W, Zhang K, et al. Association analysis of TPH2, 5-HT2A, and 5-HT6 with executive function in a young Chinese Han population. J Neurogenet. 2011;25:27-34 pubmed publisher..05). The present study suggests that TPH2 contributes distinctively to the inhibition domain of executive function, whereas 5-HT2A and 5-HT6 show no striking effects on executive function in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Wang J, Zheng Y, Sun L, Wang L, Yu P, Li H, et al. CYP1A1 Ile462Val polymorphism and susceptibility to lung cancer: a meta-analysis based on 32 studies. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2011;20:445-52 pubmed publisher..In subgroup analyses by histology, the result is not reliable. In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that the CYP1A1 IleVal polymorphism might play a modest role in susceptibility to lung cancer, especially in Asians. ..