Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on asian continental ancestry group in China
Topic: asian continental ancestry group
- Liu Z, Yan H, Zhang J. Blood DNA methylation markers in potentially identified Chinese patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2016;29:1451-6 pubmed..Those findings support the methylated changes of WNK2 and TPO may become a new detection index for HCC patients in clinical laboratory. However, the results should be replicated in additional prospective studies with lager samples. ..
- Yeung W, Chung K, Wong C. Relationship between insomnia and headache in community-based middle-aged Hong Kong Chinese women. J Headache Pain. 2010;11:187-95 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that insomnia and the associated distress, but not insomnia symptoms alone, is an independent risk factor for recurrent headache in middle-aged women with mixed anxiety, depression and sleep disturbances. ..
- Duan Z, Pan F, Zeng Z, Zhang T, Wang S, Li G, et al. The FCGR2B rs10917661 polymorphism may confer susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis in Han Chinese: a case-control study. Scand J Rheumatol. 2012;41:219-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, no haplotype was found to be associated with AS. These findings indicated that rs10917661 may be a novel SNP involved in AS genetic predisposition in the Han Chinese population. ..
- Chen R, Han Z, Li J, Shi Y, Zhou X, Wang J, et al. Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 gene +49A/G polymorphism significantly associated with susceptibility to primary biliary cirrhosis: a meta-analysis. J Dig Dis. 2011;12:428-35 pubmed publisher..However, larger studies with participants of varying ethnicity and stratified by clinical and laboratory characteristics are needed to validate our findings. ..
- Yu Q, Zhou C, Chen N, Zheng S, Shen L, Zhang J. A polymorphism within ErbB4 is associated with risk for hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese population. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:383-7 pubmed publisher..59-fold increased risk for HCC (95% CI = 1.22-2.07, P = 0.003). rs6147150 may be associated with HCC risk, in part through let-7c-mediated regulation, and may be involved in the pathogenesis of HCC in Chinese populations. ..
- Chang W, Ding Q, Tang Z, Liu P, Jiang F, Ke T, et al. A novel de novo frameshift mutation of RPGR ORF15 is associated with X-linked retinitis pigmentosa in a Chinese family. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1548-54 pubmed..ORF15+1166delA is that it was associated with RP in all hemizygous males and four of five heterozygous female carriers in the Chinese family. These results revealed the broader xlRP genotypic and phenotypic spectrum of RPGR mutations. ..
- Zhou D, Ruiter R, Zhang J, Zhou M, Liu H, Liu W, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D polymorphism is not associated with type 2 diabetes in a Chinese population. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2012;13:372-8 pubmed publisher..The meta-analysis presented in this study indicated that ACE I/D polymorphism may not be associated with the risk of T2DM in the Chinese population. ..
- Chen S, He Y, Ding J, Jiang Y, Jia S, Xia W, et al. An insertion/deletion polymorphism in the 3' untranslated region of beta-transducin repeat-containing protein (betaTrCP) is associated with susceptibility for hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:552-6 pubmed publisher..We propose a microRNA-920 mediated betaTrCP regulation model depending on rs16405 genotype, which warrants further replication association studies and follow-up functional experiments. ..
- Lee J, Lam L, Woo J, Kwok T. Lower fluid and fruits/vegetable intake in questionable dementia among older Hong Kong Chinese. J Nutr Health Aging. 2010;14:45-9 pubmed..Older people with questionable dementia have lower intakes of vegetables, fruits and fluid than those who were cognitively normal. This may pose additional health risks, and increase their chance of progressing into dementia. ..
- Jiang J, Tang N, Ohlsson C, Eriksson A, Vandenput L, Liao C, et al. Association of SRD5A2 variants and serum androstane-3alpha,17beta-diol glucuronide concentration in Chinese elderly men. Clin Chem. 2010;56:1742-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the effect of either the haplotype itself or of other ungenotyped SNPs in linkage disequilibrium with the haplotype is responsible for the interindividual variation of 3?-diol-G. ..
- Feng Y, Zhang Y, Zha Y, Huang J, Cai J. Association of Lumican gene polymorphism with high myopia: a meta-analysis. Optom Vis Sci. 2013;90:1321-6 pubmed publisher..However, the results have been inconsistent. We therefore here examined whether the rs3759223 polymorphism confers high myopia risk by conducting a meta-analysis...
- Li Y, Liu F, Yuan C, Meng L. Association between plasminogen activator inhibitor gene polymorphisms and osteonecrosis of the femoral head susceptibility: A case-control study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7047 pubmed publisher..666, 95%CI?=?0.445-0.998).PAI-1 rs6092 and rs7242 polymorphisms are not associated with ONFH development, but haplotype G-T may be a protective factor of ONFH. ..
- Zhang L, Yuan B, Li H, Tao S, Yan H, Chang L, et al. Associations of genetic polymorphisms of SAA1 with cerebral infarction. Lipids Health Dis. 2013;12:130 pubmed publisher..01, OR = 2.106, 95% CI: 1.811-7.121). Genetic polymorphism of SAA1 may be a genetic maker of cerebral infarction in Chinese. ..
- Wang F, Chen H, Wu Z, Lin J. KISS1 expression in osteosarcoma: high in chinese clinical cases, but lower in cell lines. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:3229-34 pubmed..This study was aimed to evaluate the relationship between expression of KISS1 and invasion ability in osteosarcoma cell lines, and the relationships between KISS1 expression levels and prognosis of clinical cases...
- Zhu T, Ye J, Han L, Qiu W, Zhang H, Liang L, et al. Variations in genotype-phenotype correlations in phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency in Chinese Han population. Gene. 2013;529:80-7 pubmed publisher....
- Shi Y, Zhao H, Shi Y, Cao Y, Yang D, Li Z, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies eight new risk loci for polycystic ovary syndrome. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1020-5 pubmed publisher..Other candidate genes were related to calcium signaling and endocytosis. Our findings provide new insight and direction for discovering the biological mechanisms of PCOS. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhao Y, Li N, Peng Y, Giannoulatou E, Jin R, et al. Interferon-induced transmembrane protein-3 genetic variant rs12252-C is associated with severe influenza in Chinese individuals. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1418 pubmed publisher..4% in Northern Europeans. Interferon-induced transmembrane protein-3 genetic variants could, therefore, have a strong effect of the epidemiology of influenza in China and in people of Chinese descent. ..
- Xia G, Pan F, Liao F, Tang X, Ge R, Mei Y, et al. No significant association between Fc receptor-like 3 gene polymorphisms and human leukocyte antigen-B27 positive ankylosing spondylitis in Han Chinese population. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:297-300 pubmed publisher..214, P = 0.042). Our data reveal that the FCRL3 gene does not appear associated with susceptibility to HLA-B27-positive AS in Han Chinese population. ..
- Li Y, Xie S, Liu B, Song M, Chen Y, Li P, et al. Diffusion magnetic resonance imaging study of schizophrenia in the context of abnormal neurodevelopment using multiple site data in a Chinese Han population. Transl Psychiatry. 2016;6:e715 pubmed publisher....
- Chen R, Chang C, Chen W, Tsai C, Tsai F. Proinflammatory cytokine gene polymorphisms among Hashimoto's thyroiditis patients. J Clin Lab Anal. 2006;20:260-5 pubmed..In conclusion, we suggest that an IL-6 gene promoter (-572) C/G polymorphism could represent a potential "candidate" genetic marker to predict an individual's susceptibility to HT. ..
- Yu Y, Huang L, Wang B, Zhang C, Bai Y, Li X. COL8A1 rs13095226 polymorphism shows no association with neovascular age-related macular degeneration or polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy in Chinese subjects. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11635-40 pubmed..05). This case-control study indicated that the COL8A1 rs13095226 polymorphism is not associated with nAMD or PCV, which suggesting this gene maybe not a susceptibility gene locus for nAMD or PCV in Chinese subjects. ..
- Xu F, Zeng W, Mao X, Fan G. The efficacy of melilotus extract in the management of postoperative ecchymosis and edema after simultaneous rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2008;32:599-603 pubmed publisher..This study was undertaken to determine the potential benefits of this herbal extract in treating postoperative ecchymosis and edema after simultaneous rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty...
- Zhi ming L, Yu lian J, Zhao lei F, Chun xiao W, Zhen fang D, Bing chang Z, et al. Polymorphisms of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor gene: possible association with susceptibility to or clearance of hepatitis B virus infection in Chinese Han population. Croat Med J. 2007;48:800-6 pubmed..KIR2DS1, KIR3DS1, and KIR2DL5, on the other hand, may be protective genes that facilitated the clearance of HBV. ..
- Li M, Wu D, Yao Y, Huo Y, Liu J, Su B, et al. Recent Positive Selection Drives the Expansion of a Schizophrenia Risk Nonsynonymous Variant at SLC39A8 in Europeans. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:178-90 pubmed publisher....
- So C, So A, Chan A, Tsang S, Ma E, Chan L. Detection and characterisation of beta-globin gene cluster deletions in Chinese using multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification. J Clin Pathol. 2009;62:1107-11 pubmed publisher..Deletions in the beta-globin cluster causing thalassaemia and hereditary persistence of fetal haemoglobin (HPFH) are uncommon and difficult to detect. Data in Chinese are very scarce...
- Duan S, Ding Y, Yang Y, Lu L, Sun J, Wang N, et al. Prevalence and correlates of HIV discordance and concordance among Chinese-Burmese mixed couples in the Dehong prefecture of Yunnan province, China. Sex Health. 2012;9:481-7 pubmed publisher....
- Chen J, Xu L, Li Y. [Study on the optic neuropathy induced response protein gene mutation in Chinese patients with primary open-angle glaucoma]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2004;84:1098-102 pubmed..19 mm Hg and a mean defect of visual field from 0.9 to 26. 5dB. The single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of OPTN gene may contribute to the pathogenesis of glaucoma in Chinese. ..
- Cheung C, Lau K, Ho A, Lee K, Tiu S, Lau E, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies a susceptibility locus for thyrotoxic periodic paralysis at 17q24.3. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1026-9 pubmed publisher..0001). Our study has identified a susceptibility locus associated with TPP and provides insight into the causes of TPP...
- Zhao X, Li H, Shi Y, Tang R, Chen W, Liu J, et al. Significant association between the genetic variations in the 5' end of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit gene GRIN1 and schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2006;59:747-53 pubmed..Hence, the SNP is a potential candidate in altering risk for schizophrenia and worthy of further replication and functional study. ..
- Li C, Zhu Y, Chen R, Wu W, Li A, Liu J, et al. Functional polymorphisms of JWA gene are associated with risk of bladder cancer. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007;70:876-84 pubmed..In conclusion, the three novel functional genetic polymorphisms of JWA gene, -76GC, 454CA, and 723TG, appear to contribute to the etiology of bladder cancer. ..
- Yip S. Single-tube multiplex PCR-SSCP analysis distinguishes 7 common ABO alleles and readily identifies new alleles. Blood. 2000;95:1487-92 pubmed..This technique is the simplest, quickest, and most informative method reported to date and also readily identifies new alleles. (Blood. 2000;95:1487-1492) ..
- Chen F, Lu M, Lv M, Xue Y, Zhou J, Hu F, et al. Genetic variants of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) are associated with breast cancer risk in Chinese women of the Han nationality. Immunogenetics. 2012;64:71-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the A allele and AA genotype of SNP rs2981578 appear to be protective factors associated with breast cancer, while the CT genotype of SNP rs3750817 is a putative risk factor. ..
- Wang X, Liu J, Ouyang Y, Fang M, Gao H, Liu L. The association between the Pro12Ala variant in the PPAR?2 gene and type 2 diabetes mellitus and obesity in a Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71985 pubmed publisher..64, 95% CI 0.42-0.96; P = 0.030). Our results suggested that the presence of the Ala allele may contribute to improved insulin secretory capacity and may confer protection from type 2 diabetes and obesity in the Chinese population. ..
- Shen N, Fu Q, Deng Y, Qian X, Zhao J, Kaufman K, et al. Sex-specific association of X-linked Toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) with male systemic lupus erythematosus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15838-43 pubmed publisher..7-fold higher transcripts of G-allele than C-allele. These data established a functional polymorphism in type I IFN pathway gene TLR7 predisposing to SLE, especially in Chinese and Japanese male subjects. ..
- Shan C, Zhu R, Xu M, Luo B, Weng X. Implicit reading in Chinese pure alexia. Brain Lang. 2010;114:147-56 pubmed..These findings provide unequivocal evidence for the existence of implicit reading in Chinese patients with pure alexia and further support the involvement of the right hemisphere...
- Tu Y, Ding H, Wang X, Xu Y, Zhang L, Huang C, et al. Exploring epistatic relationships of NO biosynthesis pathway genes in susceptibility to CHD. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:874-80 pubmed publisher..001 for both). No significant high-order interactions were identified. The results suggested that two-way SNP-SNP interactions of polymorphisms within NO biosynthesis pathway genes contribute to CHD risk. ..
- Zhang L, Qin L, Cui H, Liu A, Wang P. Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors clustering among suburban residents in Beijing, China. Int J Cardiol. 2011;151:46-9 pubmed publisher..More effective population-based interventions, such as smoking cessation, healthy diet, increased physical activity are required to reduce the prevalence of these CRFs and the increasing burden of cardiovascular diseases in China. ..
- Zhang X, Zhu H, Wu X, Wang M, Gu D, Gong W, et al. A genetic polymorphism in TOX3 is associated with survival of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72186 pubmed publisher..TOX3 rs3803662 might play an important role in the prognostic outcome and treatment of gastric cancer, especially perhaps further help in explaining the reduced risk of death associated with diffuse-type gastric cancer. ..
- Chan K, Liu W, Long J, Yip S, Chan S, Shu X, et al. Functional polymorphisms in the BRCA1 promoter influence transcription and are associated with decreased risk for breast cancer in Chinese women. J Med Genet. 2009;46:32-9 pubmed publisher..2265C-->T, which could affect susceptibility to breast cancer in the Chinese population. Its significance in other populations remains to be investigated. ..
- Zhang H, Zhong B, Zhu W, Xie S, Qiu L, Zhu L, et al. CD14 C-260T gene polymorphism and ischemic heart disease susceptibility: a HuGE review and meta-analysis. Genet Med. 2009;11:403-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to assess these associations in greater details, especially in East Asian and Indian populations. ..
- Ji L, Cai X, Zhang L, Fei L, Wang L, Su J, et al. Association between polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system genes and essential hypertension in the Han Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72701 pubmed publisher..These novel findings indicated that together with non-genetic factors, these genetic variants in the RAAS may play an important role in determining an individual's susceptibility to hypertension in the Han Chinese. ..
- Chen S, Wang Z, Zhang L, Lu G, Zhou C, Wang D, et al. CAMK4 gene variation is associated with hypertension in a Uygur population. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..200; 95% confidence interval = 1.473-3.285, P < 0.001). However, no significant correlation was found in the Han and Kazak groups. The T-allele of rs10491334 in CAMK4 was associated with hypertension in the Uygur group. ..
- Jin T, Li X, Zhang J, Wang H, Geng T, Li G, et al. Genetic association between selected cytokine genes and glioblastoma in the Han Chinese population. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:236 pubmed publisher..This study aims to detect the association of cytokine genes with GBM...
- Zhang X, Yu P, Wang Y, Jiang W, Shen F, Wang Y, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of interleukin 17A and interleukin 17F and their association with inflammatory bowel disease in a Chinese Han population. Inflamm Res. 2013;62:743-50 pubmed publisher..The IL17A (rs2275913, G-197A) variant had a weak association with the severity of UC. There was a risk haplotype in IL17A which could increase the risk of UC. ..
- Cui L, Song Y, Si H, Shen F, Shin M, Kim H, et al. Folate metabolism-related gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to primary liver cancer in North China. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1837-42 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the MTHFR 677 C ? T and the MTHFR 1298A ? C genetic polymorphisms might play important role in hepatic carcinogenesis. Further studies with larger sample sizes are required to validate this association. ..
- Chen S, Jiang F, Ren J, Liu J, Meng W. Association of IL-18 polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus in Asian populations: a meta-analysis. BMC Med Genet. 2012;13:107 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis indicates that the IL-18-607A/C polymorphism may confer susceptibility to RA and SLE in Chinese population, but not all Asians. ..
- Gao W, Wang Z, Bai X, Ruan C. [Study of C1423T polymorphism of the von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease gene in Chinese Han population]. Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2004;25:136-8 pubmed..No 1423T/T homozygote was found. Besides, there was no significant difference between healthy controls and patients with thrombotic disorders. C1423T polymorphism is low frequency in both controls and patients of Han population. ..
- Niu X, Yang H, Zhang H, Li N, Qi X, Chang Y, et al. [Study on association between gestational diabetes mellitus and sulfonylurea receptor-1 gene polymorphism]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2005;40:159-63 pubmed....
- Kang L, Zhao J, Liu K, Li X. Allele frequencies of 15 STR loci of Tibetan lived in Tibet Lassa. Forensic Sci Int. 2007;168:236-40 pubmed..The distribution of these observed genotypes were not significantly different from the expected distribution according to Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium. ..
- Ho C, Twinn S, Cheng K. Quality of life constructs of Chinese people living with HIV/AIDS. Psychol Health Med. 2010;15:210-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggest the need of maintaining tailor-made psychosocial support services for HIV-infected people despite general reduction of morbidity and mortality from HAART. ..
- Wang B, Yu C, Xi Y, Cai H, Wang J, Zhou S, et al. A novel CRYGD mutation (p.Trp43Arg) causing autosomal dominant congenital cataract in a Chinese family. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:E1939-47 pubmed publisher..The mutant protein was much less stable than the wild-type protein, and was more prone to aggregate when subjected to environmental stresses such as heat and UV irradiation. ..
- Ng M, Lam V, Tam C, Chan A, So W, Ma R, et al. Association of the POU class 2 homeobox 1 gene (POU2F1) with susceptibility to Type 2 diabetes in Chinese populations. Diabet Med. 2010;27:1443-9 pubmed publisher..50 (1.05-2.14), P = 0.025]. Using separate cohorts, we observed consistent results showing the contribution of multiple variants at POU2F1 to the risk of Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhong J, Meng F, Xu D, Zhou H, Dai M. Correlation between imatinib trough concentration and efficacy in Chinese chronic myelocytic leukemia patients. Acta Haematol. 2012;127:221-7 pubmed publisher..443, p < 0.001) or dose (r = 0.422, p < 0.001). Clinical responses in CML patients are correlated with both the plasma trough concentrations and intracellular levels of imatinib. ..
- Cui N, Xia W, Su H, Pang L, Jiang Y, Sun Y, et al. Novel mutations of CYP27B1 gene lead to reduced activity of 1?-hydroxylase in Chinese patients. Bone. 2012;51:563-9 pubmed publisher..The study describes nine novel mutations in addition to 37 known mutations of CYP27B1 gene and shows the correlation between these mutations and the clinical findings of 1?-hydroxylase deficiency. ..
- Ye F, Cheng Q, Hu Y, Zhang J, Chen H. PARP-1 Val762Ala polymorphism is associated with risk of cervical carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37446 pubmed publisher..56, 95% CI: 2.08-14.3). Our results indicate that the PARP-1 Ala762Ala genotype increases the risk of cervical carcinoma. ..
- He Y, Zhou B, Shi S, Zhang L, Li W. Genetic variation in PDCD6 and susceptibility to lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:4689-93 pubmed..327, OR=0.879, 95%CI=0.679- 1.137). In conclusion, we firstly demonstrated the association between the PDCD6 gene and risk of NSCLC in a Chinese Han population. ..
- Zhang C, Wang Z, Xie J, Yan F, Wang W, Feng X, et al. Identification of a novel WNK4 mutation in Chinese patients with pseudohypoaldosteronism type II. Nephron Physiol. 2011;118:p53-61 pubmed publisher..In this report, we screened 4 Chinese PHA2 pedigrees for WNK4 mutations, identified a novel mutation, and studied its effects on NCC protein trafficking in vitro...
- Zeng W, Zheng Q, Huang M, Cen H, Lai Y, Chen W, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of VKORC1, CYP2C9, CYP4F2 in Bai, Tibetan Chinese. Pharmazie. 2012;67:69-73 pubmed..However, Bai Chinese got statistically higher A-allele frequency of VKORC1 3673G > A than previously studied Han Chinese did. Bai Chinese got significant higher A-allele frequency of VKORC1 3673G > A. ..
- Ji P, Jiang L, Zhang S, Cui W, Zhang D, Fu S, et al. Aldosterone synthase gene (CYP11B2) -344C/T polymorphism contributes to the risk of recurrent cerebral ischemia. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2013;17:548-52 pubmed publisher..98-fold for recurrent cerebral ischemia (the hazard ratio 1.98, 95% confidence interval 1.16-3.41; p=0.01). Our findings suggest that the -344C/T polymorphism of the CYP11B2 gene confers an increased risk of recurrent cerebral ischemia. ..
- Chi Z, Hong J, Yang J, Zhang H, Dai M, Cui B, et al. Clinical and genetic analysis for a Chinese family with hereditary fructose intolerance. Endocrine. 2007;32:122-6 pubmed..479_482 del AACA in the whole family. This is the first report of HFI with the mutation c.479_482 del AACA in the ALDOB gene in a Chinese family. ..
- Li M, Yang L, Hua H, Zhu X, Dai X. Keratin-9 gene mutation in epidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma combined with knuckle pads in a large Chinese family. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2009;34:26-8 pubmed..We describe this mutation in a Chinese pedigree with EPPK with knuckle pads for the first time, demonstrating the prevalence of this mutation in diverse population. ..
- Lam C, Yuen Y, Chan K, Tong S, Lai C, Chow T, et al. Juvenile-onset glycogen storage disease type II with novel mutations in acid alpha-glucosidase gene. Neurology. 2003;60:715-7 pubmed..These results confirm that intrafamilial phenotypic variation of juvenile-onset GSDII is ethnically diverse and suggest the contribution of other genes to the phenotypic variability of GSDII. ..