Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Havecker E, Wallbridge L, Hardcastle T, Bush M, Kelly K, Dunn R, et al. The Arabidopsis RNA-directed DNA methylation argonautes functionally diverge based on their expression and interaction with target loci. Plant Cell. 2010;22:321-34 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of tissue specificity and AGO-associated proteins in influencing epigenetic modifications. ..
- Morris K, Thornber S, Codrai L, Richardson C, Craig A, Sadanandom A, et al. DAY NEUTRAL FLOWERING represses CONSTANS to prevent Arabidopsis flowering early in short days. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1118-28 pubmed publisher..The effect of DNF on the rhythm of CO expression is essential for the photoperiodic response of Arabidopsis, enabling it to have a different flowering response in LDs and SDs. ..
- Ferdous M, Higgins J, Osman K, Lambing C, Roitinger E, Mechtler K, et al. Inter-homolog crossing-over and synapsis in Arabidopsis meiosis are dependent on the chromosome axis protein AtASY3. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002507 pubmed publisher..This is sufficient to prevent the ectopic recombination observed in the absence of AtZYP1, thus emphasizing that in addition to its structural role the protein is important for CO formation. ..
- Dunoyer P, Thomas C, Harrison S, Revers F, Maule A. A cysteine-rich plant protein potentiates Potyvirus movement through an interaction with the virus genome-linked protein VPg. J Virol. 2004;78:2301-9 pubmed..We conclude that PVIP functions as an ancillary factor to support potyvirus movement in plants. ..
- Kepinski S, Leyser O. Auxin-induced SCFTIR1-Aux/IAA interaction involves stable modification of the SCFTIR1 complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:12381-6 pubmed..Instead, we present data suggesting that auxin promotes the SCF(TIR1)-Aux/IAA interaction by affecting the SCF component, TIR1, or proteins tightly associated with it. ..
- Penfield S, Li Y, Gilday A, Graham S, Graham I. Arabidopsis ABA INSENSITIVE4 regulates lipid mobilization in the embryo and reveals repression of seed germination by the endosperm. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1887-99 pubmed..We conclude that the single cell endosperm layer plays an active role in the regulation of seed germination in Arabidopsis. ..
- Bych K, Netz D, Vigani G, Bill E, Lill R, Pierik A, et al. The essential cytosolic iron-sulfur protein Nbp35 acts without Cfd1 partner in the green lineage. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35797-804 pubmed publisher..These results show that despite considerable divergence from the yeast Cfd1-Nbp35 Fe-S scaffold complex, AtNBP35 has retained similar Fe-S cluster binding and transfer properties and performs an essential function. ..
- Wu A, Hörnblad E, Voxeur A, Gerber L, Rihouey C, Lerouge P, et al. Analysis of the Arabidopsis IRX9/IRX9-L and IRX14/IRX14-L pairs of glycosyltransferase genes reveals critical contributions to biosynthesis of the hemicellulose glucuronoxylan. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:542-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal two distinct sets of four genes each differentially contributing to GX biosynthesis. ..
- Maeda K, Robinson A, Henbest K, Hogben H, Biskup T, Ahmad M, et al. Magnetically sensitive light-induced reactions in cryptochrome are consistent with its proposed role as a magnetoreceptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4774-9 pubmed publisher..We argue that cryptochrome is fit for purpose as a chemical magnetoreceptor. ..
- Martinière A, Lavagi I, Nageswaran G, Rolfe D, Maneta Peyret L, Luu D, et al. Cell wall constrains lateral diffusion of plant plasma-membrane proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12805-10 pubmed publisher..Regulation of PM protein dynamics by the plant cell wall can be interpreted as a mechanism for regulating protein interactions in processes such as trafficking and signal transduction. ..
- Baumberger N, Baulcombe D. Arabidopsis ARGONAUTE1 is an RNA Slicer that selectively recruits microRNAs and short interfering RNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11928-33 pubmed..Based on sequence similarity, we predict that other Arabidopsis AGOs might have a similar catalytic activity but recruit different subsets of siRNAs or miRNAs. ..
- Henderson I, Shindo C, Dean C. The need for winter in the switch to flowering. Annu Rev Genet. 2003;37:371-92 pubmed..The mechanism of the vernalization requirement, which is now being explored in a range of plant species, should uncover the evolutionary origins of this key agronomic trait...
- Brown B, Jenkins G. UV-B signaling pathways with different fluence-rate response profiles are distinguished in mature Arabidopsis leaf tissue by requirement for UVR8, HY5, and HYH. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:576-88 pubmed..This research provides evidence that, in UV-B signaling, UVR8, HY5, and HYH act together in a photoregulatory pathway and demonstrates a new role for HYH in UV-B responses. ..
- Brownfield L, Hafidh S, Durbarry A, Khatab H, Sidorova A, Doerner P, et al. Arabidopsis DUO POLLEN3 is a key regulator of male germline development and embryogenesis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:1940-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate essential developmental roles for DUO3 in cell cycle progression and cell specification in both gametophytic and sporophytic tissues...
- Finkemeier I, Laxa M, Miguet L, Howden A, Sweetlove L. Proteins of diverse function and subcellular location are lysine acetylated in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:1779-90 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Lys acetylation also occurs on proteins outside the nucleus in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) and that Lys acetylation could be important in the regulation of key metabolic enzymes. ..
- McCormac A, Terry M. Loss of nuclear gene expression during the phytochrome A-mediated far-red block of greening response. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:402-14 pubmed..The significance of identifying a distinct phytochrome A-mediated plastid signaling pathway is discussed. ..
- Hey S, Mayerhofer H, Halford N, Dickinson J. DNA sequences from Arabidopsis, which encode protein kinases and function as upstream regulators of Snf1 in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10472-9 pubmed..3 and NM_114393.3 have been named AtSnAK1 and AtSnAK2 (Arabidopsis thaliana SnRK1-activating kinase), respectively. We believe this is the first time that upstream activators of SnRK1 have been described in any plant species. ..
- Breuer C, Stacey N, West C, Zhao Y, Chory J, Tsukaya H, et al. BIN4, a novel component of the plant DNA topoisomerase VI complex, is required for endoreduplication in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3655-68 pubmed
- Cloix C, Kaiserli E, Heilmann M, Baxter K, Brown B, O Hara A, et al. C-terminal region of the UV-B photoreceptor UVR8 initiates signaling through interaction with the COP1 protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16366-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that C27 interacts in yeast with the REPRESSOR OF UV-B PHOTOMORPHOGENESIS proteins, RUP1 and RUP2, which are negative regulators of UVR8 function. Hence the C27 region has a key role in UVR8 function. ..
- Fuerst R, Soni R, Murray J, Lindsey K. Modulation of cyclin transcript levels in cultured cells of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 1996;112:1023-33 pubmed..The kinetics of accumulation of CYC transcript levels support their classification as A-type (CYC3) and B-type (CYC1 and CYC2) cyclins, respectively. ..
- Gould P, Locke J, Larue C, Southern M, Davis S, Hanano S, et al. The molecular basis of temperature compensation in the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1177-87 pubmed
- Kaiserli E, Sullivan S, Jones M, Feeney K, Christie J. Domain swapping to assess the mechanistic basis of Arabidopsis phototropin 1 receptor kinase activation and endocytosis by blue light. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3226-44 pubmed publisher..The mechanistic implications of these findings in regard to light-driven receptor activation and trafficking are discussed. ..
- Yelina N, Smith L, Jones A, Patel K, Kelly K, Baulcombe D. Putative Arabidopsis THO/TREX mRNA export complex is involved in transgene and endogenous siRNA biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13948-53 pubmed publisher..To reconcile the effect of these mutations on transgene and endogenous gene siRNA, we propose a mechanism in which THO/TREX processes or transports a long RNA molecule so that it can be a template for secondary siRNA production. ..
- Mant A, Woolhead C, Moore M, Henry R, Robinson C. Insertion of PsaK into the thylakoid membrane in a "Horseshoe" conformation occurs in the absence of signal recognition particle, nucleoside triphosphates, or functional albino3. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36200-6 pubmed..The data raise the possibility of a wholly spontaneous insertion pathway. ..
- Yamaoka S, Leaver C. EMB2473/MIRO1, an Arabidopsis Miro GTPase, is required for embryogenesis and influences mitochondrial morphology in pollen. Plant Cell. 2008;20:589-601 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that mitochondrial morphology is influenced by MIRO1 and plays a vital role during embryogenesis and pollen tube growth. ..
- Bassel G, Lan H, Glaab E, Gibbs D, Gerjets T, Krasnogor N, et al. Genome-wide network model capturing seed germination reveals coordinated regulation of plant cellular phase transitions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9709-14 pubmed publisher..SeedNet is available as a community resource (http://vseed.nottingham.ac.uk) to aid dissection of this complex trait and gene function in diverse processes. ..
- Piñeiro M, Gómez Mena C, Schaffer R, Martínez Zapater J, Coupland G. EARLY BOLTING IN SHORT DAYS is related to chromatin remodeling factors and regulates flowering in Arabidopsis by repressing FT. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1552-62 pubmed
- Priest D, Jackson R, Ashford D, Abrams S, Bowles D. The use of abscisic acid analogues to analyse the substrate selectivity of UGT71B6, a UDP-glycosyltransferase of Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4454-8 pubmed..This suggests the compounds may be resistant to both pathways of ABA inactivation and may, therefore, prove to be useful agrochemicals for field applications. ..
- Hughes R, Belfield E, Ashton R, Fairhurst S, Gobel C, Stumpe M, et al. Allene oxide synthase from Arabidopsis thaliana (CYP74A1) exhibits dual specificity that is regulated by monomer-micelle association. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4188-94 pubmed..CYP74A1 may be suited for structural resolution of the first plant cytochrome P450 and its 9-AOS activity and behaviour in vitro has implications for its role in planta. ..
- Sohn K, Lei R, Nemri A, Jones J. The downy mildew effector proteins ATR1 and ATR13 promote disease susceptibility in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2007;19:4077-90 pubmed publisher..parasitica isolate Emco5, ATR13Emco5 when delivered by Pst DC3000 triggered localized immunity, including HR, on Ws-0. We suggest that an additional H. parasitica Emco5 effector might suppress ATR13-triggered immunity. ..
- Kuwabara A, Backhaus A, Malinowski R, Bauch M, Hunt L, Nagata T, et al. A shift toward smaller cell size via manipulation of cell cycle gene expression acts to smoothen Arabidopsis leaf shape. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2196-206 pubmed publisher..e. appeared to be the primary cellular driver influencing form. These data are discussed in the context of the relationship of cell division, growth, and leaf size and shape. ..
- Fuchs R, Kopischke M, Klapprodt C, Hause G, Meyer A, SchwarzlÃ¤nder M, et al. Immobilized Subpopulations of Leaf Epidermal Mitochondria Mediate PENETRATION2-Dependent Pathogen Entry Control in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2016;28:130-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, live-cell imaging shows that mitochondria arrested at these domains exhibit a pathogen-induced redox imbalance, which may lead to the production of intracellular signals. ..
- Mizoguchi T, Wheatley K, Hanzawa Y, Wright L, Mizoguchi M, Song H, et al. LHY and CCA1 are partially redundant genes required to maintain circadian rhythms in Arabidopsis. Dev Cell. 2002;2:629-41 pubmed..We conclude that LHY and CCA1 appear to be negative regulatory elements required for central oscillator function. ..
- Shindo C, Aranzana M, Lister C, Baxter C, Nicholls C, Nordborg M, et al. Role of FRIGIDA and FLOWERING LOCUS C in determining variation in flowering time of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:1163-73 pubmed..These data reveal how useful these Arabidopsis accessions will be in dissecting the complex molecular variation that has led to the adaptive phenotypic variation in flowering time. ..
- Bennett T, Sieberer T, Willett B, Booker J, Luschnig C, Leyser O. The Arabidopsis MAX pathway controls shoot branching by regulating auxin transport. Curr Biol. 2006;16:553-63 pubmed..We therefore propose an additional mechanism for long-range signaling by auxin in which bud growth is regulated by competition between auxin sources for auxin transport capacity in the primary stem. ..
- McWatters H, Kolmos E, Hall A, Doyle M, Amasino R, Gyula P, et al. ELF4 is required for oscillatory properties of the circadian clock. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:391-401 pubmed..ELF4, therefore, can be considered a component of the central CCA1/LHY-TOC1 feedback loop in the plant circadian clock. ..
- Manzano D, Marquardt S, Jones A, Bäurle I, Liu F, Dean C. Altered interactions within FY/AtCPSF complexes required for Arabidopsis FCA-mediated chromatin silencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8772-7 pubmed publisher..These altered interactions would appear to be a necessary step in this RNA-mediated chromatin silencing. ..
- Baldwin A, Wardle A, Patel R, Dudley P, Park S, Twell D, et al. A molecular-genetic study of the Arabidopsis Toc75 gene family. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:715-33 pubmed..These results suggest some role for atToc75-IV during growth in the dark. ..
- Deeks M, Kaloriti D, Davies B, Malhó R, Hussey P. Arabidopsis NAP1 is essential for Arp2/3-dependent trichome morphogenesis. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1410-4 pubmed..Here, we show that genetic observations in Arabidopsis are compatible with an activation model and provide one potential mechanism for the regulation of the newly identified Arabidopsis Arp2/3 complex. ..
- Foresti O, daSilva L, Denecke J. Overexpression of the Arabidopsis syntaxin PEP12/SYP21 inhibits transport from the prevacuolar compartment to the lytic vacuole in vivo. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2275-93 pubmed..The results provide a functional in vivo assay that confirms PEP12/SYP21 involvement in vacuolar sorting and indicates that excess of this syntaxin in the PVC can be detrimental for further transport from this organelle. ..
- Christie J, Yang H, Richter G, Sullivan S, Thomson C, Lin J, et al. phot1 inhibition of ABCB19 primes lateral auxin fluxes in the shoot apex required for phototropism. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001076 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide new insights into the roles of ABCB19 and PIN3 in establishing phototropic curvatures and demonstrate that the proximity of light perception and differential phototropic growth is conserved in angiosperms...
- Lombi E, Tearall K, Howarth J, Zhao F, Hawkesford M, McGrath S. Influence of iron status on cadmium and zinc uptake by different ecotypes of the hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens. Plant Physiol. 2002;128:1359-67 pubmed..The present results indicate that the stimulatory effect of Fe deficiency on Cd uptake in Ganges may be related to an up-regulation in the expression of genes encoding for Fe(2+) uptake, possibly TcIRT1-G...
- Xiao S, Emerson B, Ratanasut K, Patrick E, O Neill C, Bancroft I, et al. Origin and maintenance of a broad-spectrum disease resistance locus in Arabidopsis. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:1661-72 pubmed..A possible evolutionary mechanism by which functional polymorphism at the AtRPW8 locus has been maintained in contemporary populations of A. thaliana is discussed. ..
- Niittyla T, Comparot Moss S, Lue W, Messerli G, Trevisan M, Seymour M, et al. Similar protein phosphatases control starch metabolism in plants and glycogen metabolism in mammals. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11815-8 pubmed
- Shindo C, Lister C, Crevillen P, Nordborg M, Dean C. Variation in the epigenetic silencing of FLC contributes to natural variation in Arabidopsis vernalization response. Genes Dev. 2006;20:3079-83 pubmed..This response was correlated with the rate of accumulation of FLC histone H3 Lys 27 trimethylation (H3K27me3). Thus, variation in epigenetic silencing of FLC appears to have contributed to Arabidopsis adaptation. ..
- Penfield S, Gilday A, Halliday K, Graham I. DELLA-mediated cotyledon expansion breaks coat-imposed seed dormancy. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2366-70 pubmed..We propose that DELLA-mediated, light-, temperature-, and hormone-responsive cotyledon expansion prior to radicle emergence overcomes dormancy imposed by the seed coat and underlies seed-dormancy control in Arabidopsis. ..
- Maughan S, Pasternak M, Cairns N, Kiddle G, Brach T, Jarvis R, et al. Plant homologs of the Plasmodium falciparum chloroquine-resistance transporter, PfCRT, are required for glutathione homeostasis and stress responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2331-6 pubmed publisher..Expression of the transporters in Xenopus oocytes confirmed that each can mediate GSH uptake. We conclude that these transporters play a significant role in regulating GSH levels and the redox potential of the cytosol. ..
- Casson S, Chilley P, Topping J, Evans I, Souter M, Lindsey K. The POLARIS gene of Arabidopsis encodes a predicted peptide required for correct root growth and leaf vascular patterning. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1705-21 pubmed..We propose that PLS is required for correct auxin-cytokinin homeostasis to modulate root growth and leaf vascular patterning. ..
- Gifford M, Robertson F, Soares D, Ingram G. ARABIDOPSIS CRINKLY4 function, internalization, and turnover are dependent on the extracellular crinkly repeat domain. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1154-66 pubmed..Plant and animal receptor kinases have distinct evolutionary origins. However, with other recent work, our study suggests that there has been considerable convergent evolution between mechanisms used to regulate their activity. ..
- Sparkes I, Tolley N, Aller I, Svozil J, Osterrieder A, Botchway S, et al. Five Arabidopsis reticulon isoforms share endoplasmic reticulum location, topology, and membrane-shaping properties. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1333-43 pubmed publisher..We also show that a complete reticulon homology domain is required for both RTN residence in high-curvature ER membranes and ER tubule constriction, yet it is not necessary for homotypic interactions. ..
- Wingler A, Delatte T, O Hara L, Primavesi L, Jhurreea D, Paul M, et al. Trehalose 6-phosphate is required for the onset of leaf senescence associated with high carbon availability. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:1241-51 pubmed publisher..Transfer of plants to and from glucose-containing medium suggested that glucose determines senescence during late development but that the effects of T6P on senescence are established by the sugar response of young plants. ..
- Segonzac C, NIMCHUK Z, Beck M, Tarr P, Robatzek S, Meyerowitz E, et al. The shoot apical meristem regulatory peptide CLV3 does not activate innate immunity. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3186-92 pubmed..Here, we report experimental evidence demonstrating that FLS2 does not recognize CLV3 and that the shoot apical meristem is immune to bacteria independently of CLV3 perception. ..
- Orsel M, Chopin F, Leleu O, Smith S, Krapp A, Daniel Vedele F, et al. Characterization of a two-component high-affinity nitrate uptake system in Arabidopsis. Physiology and protein-protein interaction. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:1304-17 pubmed..1-1, can restore HATS to the atnar2.1-1 mutant. These plants did not recover wild-type nitrate HATS. Taken together, these results show that AtNAR2.1 is essential for HATS of nitrate in Arabidopsis. ..
- Bédard J, Kubis S, Bimanadham S, Jarvis P. Functional similarity between the chloroplast translocon component, Tic40, and the human co-chaperone, Hsp70-interacting protein (Hip). J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21404-14 pubmed..Supporting this notion, yeast two-hybrid and bimolecular fluorescence complementation assays demonstrated the in vivo interaction of Tic40 with Tic110, a protein believed to recruit stromal chaperones to protein import sites. ..
- Athanasiou K, Dyson B, Webster R, Johnson G. Dynamic acclimation of photosynthesis increases plant fitness in changing environments. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:366-73 pubmed publisher..Dynamic acclimation of photosynthesis is thus shown to play a crucial and previously unrecognized role in determining the fitness of plants growing in changing environments. ..
- Atkinson N, Lilley C, Urwin P. Identification of genes involved in the response of Arabidopsis to simultaneous biotic and abiotic stresses. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:2028-41 pubmed publisher..The results highlight the complex nature of multiple stress responses and confirm the importance of studying plant stress factors in combination. ..
- Jasinski S, Piazza P, Craft J, Hay A, Woolley L, Rieu I, et al. KNOX action in Arabidopsis is mediated by coordinate regulation of cytokinin and gibberellin activities. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1560-5 pubmed..We propose that KNOX proteins may act as general orchestrators of growth-regulator homeostasis at the shoot apex of Arabidopsis by simultaneously activating CK and repressing GA biosynthesis, thus promoting meristem activity. ..
- Collier S, Pendle A, Boudonck K, van Rij T, Dolan L, Shaw P. A distant coilin homologue is required for the formation of cajal bodies in Arabidopsis. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2942-51 pubmed..The Atcoilin gene is unaffected in pcb and ccb, suggesting that other genes can also affect CBs...
- Ichimura K, Casais C, Peck S, Shinozaki K, Shirasu K. MEKK1 is required for MPK4 activation and regulates tissue-specific and temperature-dependent cell death in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36969-76 pubmed
- Møller I, Gilliham M, Jha D, Mayo G, Roy S, Coates J, et al. Shoot Na+ exclusion and increased salinity tolerance engineered by cell type-specific alteration of Na+ transport in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:2163-78 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the modification of a specific Na+ transport process in specific cell types can reduce shoot Na+ accumulation, an important component of salinity tolerance of many higher plants. ..
- Parker J, Coleman M, Szabo V, Frost L, Schmidt R, van der Biezen E, et al. The Arabidopsis downy mildew resistance gene RPP5 shares similarity to the toll and interleukin-1 receptors with N and L6. Plant Cell. 1997;9:879-94 pubmed
- Riou Khamlichi C, Menges M, Healy J, Murray J. Sugar control of the plant cell cycle: differential regulation of Arabidopsis D-type cyclin gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4513-21 pubmed..Finally, protein phosphatases are shown to be involved in regulating CycD2 and CycD3 induction. We propose that control of CycD2 and CycD3 by sucrose forms part of cell cycle control in response to cellular carbohydrate status. ..
- Allwood E, Anthony R, Smertenko A, Reichelt S, Drobak B, Doonan J, et al. Regulation of the pollen-specific actin-depolymerizing factor LlADF1. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2915-27 pubmed..Both pollen ADF and pollen AIP1 bind F-actin in pollen grains but are mainly cytoplasmic in pollen tubes. Our results suggest that together these proteins remodel actin filaments as pollen grains enter and exit dormancy. ..
- Herr A, Molnar A, Jones A, Baulcombe D. Defective RNA processing enhances RNA silencing and influences flowering of Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14994-5001 pubmed..According to this proposal, in the absence of these ESP proteins, these RNAs have aberrant 3' termini. The aberrant RNAs would enter the RNA silencing pathways because they are converted into dsRNA by RNA-dependent RNA polymerases. ..
- Sutter J, Sieben C, Hartel A, Eisenach C, Thiel G, Blatt M. Abscisic acid triggers the endocytosis of the arabidopsis KAT1 K+ channel and its recycling to the plasma membrane. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1396-402 pubmed
- Bernard D, Cheng Y, Zhao Y, Balk J. An allelic mutant series of ATM3 reveals its key role in the biogenesis of cytosolic iron-sulfur proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:590-602 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Arabidopsis ATM3 may transport (1) at least two distinct compounds or (2) a single compound required for both Fe-S and Moco assembly machineries in the cytosol, but not iron...
- Sonmez C, Bäurle I, Magusin A, Dreos R, Laubinger S, Weigel D, et al. RNA 3' processing functions of Arabidopsis FCA and FPA limit intergenic transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8508-13 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that FCA and FPA play important roles in the A. thaliana genome in RNA 3' processing and transcription termination, thus limiting intergenic transcription. ..
- Pires N, Yi K, Breuninger H, Catarino B, Menand B, Dolan L. Recruitment and remodeling of an ancient gene regulatory network during land plant evolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9571-6 pubmed publisher..We predict that other gene regulatory networks that control development in derived groups of plants may have originated in the earliest land plants or in their ancestors, the Charophycean algae. ..
- Desikan R, Griffiths R, Hancock J, Neill S. A new role for an old enzyme: nitrate reductase-mediated nitric oxide generation is required for abscisic acid-induced stomatal closure in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16314-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate a previously uncharacterized signaling role for NR, that of mediating ABA-induced NO synthesis in Arabidopsis guard cells. ..
- Rehmany A, Gordon A, Rose L, Allen R, Armstrong M, Whisson S, et al. Differential recognition of highly divergent downy mildew avirulence gene alleles by RPP1 resistance genes from two Arabidopsis lines. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1839-50 pubmed..The presence of the motif in additional secreted proteins from plant pathogenic oomycetes and its similarity to a host-targeting signal from malaria parasites suggest a conserved role in pathogenicity. ..
- Allen T, Koustenis A, Theodorou G, Somers D, Kay S, Whitelam G, et al. Arabidopsis FHY3 specifically gates phytochrome signaling to the circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2506-16 pubmed..FHY3 appears to be a novel gating factor, specifically in gating red light signaling to the clock during daytime. ..
- Bosca S, Barton C, Taylor N, Ryden P, Neumetzler L, Pauly M, et al. Interactions between MUR10/CesA7-dependent secondary cellulose biosynthesis and primary cell wall structure. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:1353-63 pubmed..This work indicates the existence of a mechanism that senses secondary cell wall integrity and controls biosynthesis or structural remodeling of primary cell walls and cellular differentiation. ..
- Gonzalez D, Bowen A, Carroll T, Conlan R. The transcription corepressor LEUNIG interacts with the histone deacetylase HDA19 and mediator components MED14 (SWP) and CDK8 (HEN3) to repress transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5306-15 pubmed..We suggest that changes in chromatin structure coupled with regulation of Mediator function are likely to be utilized by LEUNIG in the repression of gene transcription. ..
- Li Y, Smith C, Corke F, Zheng L, Merali Z, Ryden P, et al. Signaling from an altered cell wall to the nucleus mediates sugar-responsive growth and development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2500-15 pubmed..These findings reveal a pathway that signals changes in the cell wall through PRL1 to altered gene expression and sugar-responsive metabolic, growth, and developmental changes. ..
- Kaiserli E, Jenkins G. UV-B promotes rapid nuclear translocation of the Arabidopsis UV-B specific signaling component UVR8 and activates its function in the nucleus. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2662-73 pubmed..These findings provide new insights into the mechanisms through which UV-B regulates gene expression in plants. ..
- Dalchau N, Baek S, Briggs H, Robertson F, Dodd A, Gardner M, et al. The circadian oscillator gene GIGANTEA mediates a long-term response of the Arabidopsis thaliana circadian clock to sucrose. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:5104-9 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that GI acts as part of the sucrose-signaling network and propose this role permits metabolic input into circadian timing in Arabidopsis. ..
- Laohavisit A, Shang Z, Rubio L, Cuin T, Véry A, Wang A, et al. Arabidopsis annexin1 mediates the radical-activated plasma membrane Ca²+- and K+-permeable conductance in root cells. Plant Cell. 2012;24:1522-33 pubmed publisher..ANN1 therefore presents as a novel Ca²?-permeable transporter providing a molecular link between reactive oxygen species and cytosolic Ca²? in plants. ..
- Sohn K, Hughes R, Piquerez S, Jones J, Banfield M. Distinct regions of the Pseudomonas syringae coiled-coil effector AvrRps4 are required for activation of immunity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16371-6 pubmed publisher..The structure of AvrRps4(C), and identification of functionally important residues for its activation of plant immunity, advances our understanding of these processes in a well-defined model pathosystem. ..
- Jaffe F, Freschet G, Valdes B, Runions J, Terry M, Williams L. G protein-coupled receptor-type G proteins are required for light-dependent seedling growth and fertility in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3649-68 pubmed publisher..These results are inconsistent with their proposed role as ABA receptors but demonstrate that GTGs are fundamentally important for plant growth and development. ..
- Nunes C, O Hara L, Primavesi L, Delatte T, Schluepmann H, Somsen G, et al. The trehalose 6-phosphate/SnRK1 signaling pathway primes growth recovery following relief of sink limitation. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1720-32 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the T6P/SnRK1 signaling pathway responds to Suc induced by sink restriction that enables growth recovery following relief of limitations such as low temperature. ..
- Czyzewicz N, De Smet I. The Arabidopsis thaliana CLAVATA3/EMBRYO-SURROUNDING REGION 26 (CLE26) peptide is able to alter root architecture of Solanum lycopersicum and Brassica napus. Plant Signal Behav. 2016;11:e1118598 pubmed publisher..Here, we showed that application of the synthetic AtCLE26 peptide similarly affects other important agricultural species, such as Brassica napus and Solanum lycopersicum. ..
- Baldwin T, Handford M, Yuseff M, Orellana A, Dupree P. Identification and characterization of GONST1, a golgi-localized GDP-mannose transporter in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2001;13:2283-95 pubmed..The identification of a Golgi-localized nucleotide sugar transporter from plants will allow the study of the importance of this class of proteins in the synthesis of plant cell surface components such as cell wall polysaccharides. ..
- Taylor N, Howells R, Huttly A, Vickers K, Turner S. Interactions among three distinct CesA proteins essential for cellulose synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:1450-5 pubmed..Consequently, these data suggest that IRX5, IRX3, and IRX1 are all essential components of the cellulose synthesizing complex and the presence of all three subunits is required for the correct assembly of this complex. ..
- Murtas G, Reeves P, Fu Y, Bancroft I, Dean C, Coupland G. A nuclear protease required for flowering-time regulation in Arabidopsis reduces the abundance of SMALL UBIQUITIN-RELATED MODIFIER conjugates. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2308-19 pubmed..ESD4 defines an important role for protein modification by AtSUMO in the regulation of flowering. ..
- Booker J, Auldridge M, Wills S, McCarty D, Klee H, Leyser O. MAX3/CCD7 is a carotenoid cleavage dioxygenase required for the synthesis of a novel plant signaling molecule. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1232-8 pubmed..We conclude that MAX3 is required for the synthesis of a novel carotenoid-derived long-range signal that regulates shoot branching. ..
- Oh S, Johnson A, Smertenko A, Rahman D, Park S, Hussey P, et al. A divergent cellular role for the FUSED kinase family in the plant-specific cytokinetic phragmoplast. Curr Biol. 2005;15:2107-11 pubmed..These data reveal the evolution of a divergent role for the Fu kinase family as an essential phragmoplast-associated protein that functions in different cell type-specific modes of cytokinesis in plants. ..