Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in United States
Locale: United States
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- Rancour D, Park S, Knight S, Bednarek S. Plant UBX domain-containing protein 1, PUX1, regulates the oligomeric structure and activity of arabidopsis CDC48. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54264-74 pubmed..These results suggest a role for AtCDC48 and PUX1 in regulating plant growth. ..
- Nandi A, Moeder W, Kachroo P, Klessig D, Shah J. Arabidopsis ssi2-conferred susceptibility to Botrytis cinerea is dependent on EDS5 and PAD4. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2005;18:363-70 pubmed..cinerea. Our results suggest that interaction between an SSI2-dependent factor or factors and an EDS5- and PAD4-dependent mechanism or mechanisms modulates defense to B. cinerea. ..
- Inaba T, Alvarez Huerta M, Li M, Bauer J, Ewers C, Kessler F, et al. Arabidopsis tic110 is essential for the assembly and function of the protein import machinery of plastids. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1482-96 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that Tic110 plays a general role in the import of nuclear-encoded preproteins as a common component of Tic complexes. ..
- Katiyar Agarwal S, Zhu J, Kim K, Agarwal M, Fu X, Huang A, et al. The plasma membrane Na+/H+ antiporter SOS1 interacts with RCD1 and functions in oxidative stress tolerance in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18816-21 pubmed
- Singh S, Lee W, DaSilva N, Mulchandani A, Chen W. Enhanced arsenic accumulation by engineered yeast cells expressing Arabidopsis thaliana phytochelatin synthase. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2008;99:333-40 pubmed..These results open up the possibility of using cells expressing AtPCS as an inexpensive sorbent for the removal of toxic arsenic. ..
- Cho M, Corea O, Yang H, Bedgar D, Laskar D, Anterola A, et al. Phenylalanine biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Identification and characterization of arogenate dehydratases. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30827-35 pubmed..All six genes, and their corresponding proteins, are thus provisionally classified as arogenate dehydratases and designated ADT1-ADT6. ..
- Morohashi K, Zhao M, Yang M, Read B, Lloyd A, Lamb R, et al. Participation of the Arabidopsis bHLH factor GL3 in trichome initiation regulatory events. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:736-46 pubmed..However, our results suggest that GL3 and EGL3 work independently of each other. Taken together, our results provide a regulatory framework to understand early events of epidermal cell differentiation. ..
- Zhang X, Dai Y, Xiong Y, DeFraia C, Li J, Dong X, et al. Overexpression of Arabidopsis MAP kinase kinase 7 leads to activation of plant basal and systemic acquired resistance. Plant J. 2007;52:1066-79 pubmed..Intriguingly, ectopic expression of MKK7 in local tissues induces PR gene expression and resistance to Psm ES4326 in systemic tissues, indicating that activation of MKK7 is sufficient for generating the mobile signal of SAR. ..
- Addepalli B, Hunt A. The interaction between two Arabidopsis polyadenylation factor subunits involves an evolutionarily-conserved motif and has implications for the assembly and function of the polyadenylation complex. Protein Pept Lett. 2008;15:76-88 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Fip1 is situated near CstF64 in the polyadenylation complex. ..
- Flores T, Todd C, Tovar Mendez A, Dhanoa P, Correa Aragunde N, Hoyos M, et al. Arginase-negative mutants of Arabidopsis exhibit increased nitric oxide signaling in root development. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:1936-46 pubmed publisher..This model is supported by supplemental Arg induction of adventitious roots and increased NO accumulation in argah1-1 and argah2-1 versus the wild type. ..
- Saracco S, Hansson M, Scalf M, Walker J, Smith L, Vierstra R. Tandem affinity purification and mass spectrometric analysis of ubiquitylated proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;59:344-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our method provides a widely applicable strategy to define ubiquitylation in any tissue of intact plants exposed to a wide range of conditions. ..
- Chen M, Thelen J. The plastid isoform of triose phosphate isomerase is required for the postgerminative transition from heterotrophic to autotrophic growth in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:77-90 pubmed publisher..We propose that DHAP and MG accumulation in developing plastids delays the transition from heterotrophic to autotrophic growth, possibly due to MG toxicity. ..
- Zhang Y, He J, Lee D, McCormick S. Interdependence of endomembrane trafficking and actin dynamics during polarized growth of Arabidopsis pollen tubes. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:2200-10 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence of cross talk between endomembrane trafficking and the actin cytoskeleton in pollen tubes. ..
- Lin J, Mendu V, Pogany J, Qin J, Nagy P. The TPR domain in the host Cyp40-like cyclophilin binds to the viral replication protein and inhibits the assembly of the tombusviral replicase. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002491 pubmed publisher..Overall, the current work revealed a role for Cyp40-like proteins and their TPR domains as regulators of RNA virus replication. ..
- Meyer L, Gao J, Xu D, Thelen J. Phosphoproteomic analysis of seed maturation in Arabidopsis, rapeseed, and soybean. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:517-28 pubmed publisher..This investigation shows the importance of analyzing multiple plants and plant organs to comprehensively map the complete plant phosphoproteome. ..
- Birchler J, Presting G. Retrotransposon insertion targeting: a mechanism for homogenization of centromere sequences on nonhomologous chromosomes. Genes Dev. 2012;26:638-40 pubmed publisher..In two different Arabidopsis species, a related element was recognized in which the specificity for such targeting was altered. These observations provide a partial explanation for how homogenization of centromere DNA sequences occurs...
- Van Auken K, Fey P, Berardini T, Dodson R, Cooper L, Li D, et al. Text mining in the biocuration workflow: applications for literature curation at WormBase, dictyBase and TAIR. Database (Oxford). 2012;2012:bas040 pubmed publisher..We find that, with organism-specific modifications, Textpresso can be used by dictyBase and TAIR to annotate gene productions to GO's Cellular Component (CC) ontology. ..
- Guo H, Lee T, Wang X, Paterson A. Function relaxation followed by diversifying selection after whole-genome duplication in flowering plants. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:769-78 pubmed publisher..We propose three possible paths for the evolution of duplicated genes following WGD. ..
- Salome P, Michael T, Kearns E, Fett Neto A, Sharrock R, McClung C. The out of phase 1 mutant defines a role for PHYB in circadian phase control in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2002;129:1674-85 pubmed..The defect in circadian phasing is seen in seedlings entrained by a light-dark cycle but not in seedlings entrained by a temperature cycle. Thus, PHYB contributes light information critical for proper determination of circadian phase. ..
- Gilliland L, Kandasamy M, Pawloski L, Meagher R. Both vegetative and reproductive actin isovariants complement the stunted root hair phenotype of the Arabidopsis act2-1 mutation. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:2199-209 pubmed..Impairment of root hair functions such as nutrient mining, water uptake, and physical anchoring are the likely cause of the reduced fitness seen for act2-1 mutants in multigenerational studies. ..
- Rajashekar C, Zhou H, Zhang Y, Li W, Wang X. Suppression of phospholipase Dalpha1 induces freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis: response of cold-responsive genes and osmolyte accumulation. J Plant Physiol. 2006;163:916-26 pubmed..These results suggest that PLDalpha1 plays a key role in freezing tolerance of Arabidopsis by modulating the cold-responsive genes and accumulation of osmolytes. ..
- Diaz Pendon J, Li F, Li W, Ding S. Suppression of antiviral silencing by cucumber mosaic virus 2b protein in Arabidopsis is associated with drastically reduced accumulation of three classes of viral small interfering RNAs. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2053-63 pubmed
- Batelli G, Verslues P, Agius F, Qiu Q, Fujii H, Pan S, et al. SOS2 promotes salt tolerance in part by interacting with the vacuolar H+-ATPase and upregulating its transport activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7781-90 pubmed..Our results suggest that regulation of V-ATPase activity is an additional key function of SOS2 in coordinating changes in ion transport during salt stress and in promoting salt tolerance. ..
- Park S, Fung P, Nishimura N, Jensen D, Fujii H, Zhao Y, et al. Abscisic acid inhibits type 2C protein phosphatases via the PYR/PYL family of START proteins. Science. 2009;324:1068-71 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate the power of the chemical genetic approach for sidestepping genetic redundancy. ..
- Carles C, Fletcher J. The SAND domain protein ULTRAPETALA1 acts as a trithorax group factor to regulate cell fate in plants. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2723-8 pubmed publisher..Our analysis introduces a novel mechanism that mediates epigenetic switches controlling post-embryonic stem cell fates in plants. ..
- Kim H, Vijayan P, Carlsson A, Barkan L, Browse J. A mutation in the LPAT1 gene suppresses the sensitivity of fab1 plants to low temperature. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1135-43 pubmed publisher..The proportion of high-melting-point molecular species in PG is reduced from 48.2% in fab1 to 10.7% in fab1 lpat1-3 (S7), a value close to the 7.6% found in wild type. ..
- Mendu V, Stork J, Harris D, DeBolt S. Cellulose synthesis in two secondary cell wall processes in a single cell type. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1638-43 pubmed publisher..Herein, we present a model for the complexity of cellulose biosynthesis in this highly differentiated cell type with further evidence supporting each cellulosic secondary cell wall process. ..
- Wayne L, Wallis J, Kumar R, Markham J, Browse J. Cytochrome b5 reductase encoded by CBR1 is essential for a functional male gametophyte in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3052-66 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cytochrome b5 reductase is not essential during vegetative growth but is required for correct pollen function and seed maturation. ..
- Scolnik P, Bartley G. Nucleotide sequence of an Arabidopsis cDNA for phytoene synthase. Plant Physiol. 1994;104:1471-2 pubmed
- Noh Y, Amasino R. Identification of a promoter region responsible for the senescence-specific expression of SAG12. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;41:181-94 pubmed..Extracts from young and senescent Arabidopsis leaves contain factors that exhibit differential binding to the senescence-responsive promoter element. ..
- Kole C, Williams P, Rimmer S, Osborn T. Linkage mapping of genes controlling resistance to white rust (Albugo candida) in Brassica rapa (syn. campestris) and comparative mapping to Brassica napus and Arabidopsis thaliana. Genome. 2002;45:22-7 pubmed..Alignment of these maps to the physical map of the Arabidopsis genome identified regions to target for comparative fine mapping using this model organism. ..
- Orsomando G, de la Garza R, Green B, Peng M, Rea P, Ryan T, et al. Plant gamma-glutamyl hydrolases and folate polyglutamates: characterization, compartmentation, and co-occurrence in vacuoles. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28877-84 pubmed..These data point to a hitherto unsuspected role for vacuoles in folate storage. Furthermore, the paradoxical co-occurrence of GGH and folylpolyglutamates in vacuoles implies that the polyglutamates are somehow protected from GGH attack. ..
- Pegadaraju V, Knepper C, Reese J, Shah J. Premature leaf senescence modulated by the Arabidopsis PHYTOALEXIN DEFICIENT4 gene is associated with defense against the phloem-feeding green peach aphid. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1927-34 pubmed..Our results suggest that PAD4 modulates the activation of senescence in the aphid-infested leaves, which contributes to basal resistance to GPA. ..
- Young L, Harrison B, Narayana Murthy U, Moffatt B, Gilroy S, Masson P. Adenosine kinase modulates root gravitropism and cap morphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:564-73 pubmed..Our data are consistent with a role for ADK and the S-adenosyl-L-methionine pathway in the control of root gravitropism and cap morphogenesis. ..
- Qu X, Hall B, Gao Z, Schaller G. A strong constitutive ethylene-response phenotype conferred on Arabidopsis plants containing null mutations in the ethylene receptors ETR1 and ERS1. BMC Plant Biol. 2007;7:3 pubmed..The role of subfamily 1 members is greater than previously suspected and analysis of the double mutant null for both ETR1 and ERS1 uncovers novel roles for the receptors not previously characterized. ..
- Zheng X, Zhu J, Kapoor A, Zhu J. Role of Arabidopsis AGO6 in siRNA accumulation, DNA methylation and transcriptional gene silencing. EMBO J. 2007;26:1691-701 pubmed..These results suggest that AGO6 is important for the accumulation of specific heterochromatin-related siRNAs, and for DNA methylation and transcriptional gene silencing, this function is partly redundant with AGO4. ..
- Hwang J, Wu G, Yan A, Lee Y, Grierson C, Yang Z. Pollen-tube tip growth requires a balance of lateral propagation and global inhibition of Rho-family GTPase activity. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:340-50 pubmed publisher..We propose that the balance between the lateral propagation and the global inhibition maintains an optimal apical ROP1 cap and generates the apical ROP1 activity oscillation required for efficient pollen-tube elongation. ..
- Deal R, Henikoff S. The INTACT method for cell type-specific gene expression and chromatin profiling in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nat Protoc. 2011;6:56-68 pubmed publisher..The protocol we present assumes that transgenic lines are already available, and includes procedural details for amplification of cDNA or ChIP DNA prior to microarray or deep sequencing analysis. ..
- Mi G, Di Y, Emerson S, Cumbie J, Chang J. Length bias correction in gene ontology enrichment analysis using logistic regression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46128 pubmed publisher..We present both real and simulated data examples to show that the logistic regression approach is simple, effective, and flexible. ..
- Tang D, Innes R. Overexpression of a kinase-deficient form of the EDR1 gene enhances powdery mildew resistance and ethylene-induced senescence in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2002;32:975-83 pubmed..Overexpression of orthologous dnEDR1 constructs may provide a novel strategy for controlling powdery mildew disease in crops. ..
- Dharmasiri N, Dharmasiri S, Weijers D, Lechner E, Yamada M, Hobbie L, et al. Plant development is regulated by a family of auxin receptor F box proteins. Dev Cell. 2005;9:109-19 pubmed..Correspondingly, all TIR1/AFB proteins interact with BDL, and BDL is stabilized in triple mutant plants. Our results indicate that TIR1 and the AFB proteins collectively mediate auxin responses throughout plant development. ..
- Clark G, Fraley D, Steinebrunner I, Cervantes A, Onyirimba J, Liu A, et al. Extracellular nucleotides and apyrases regulate stomatal aperture in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:1740-53 pubmed publisher..These data favor the novel conclusion that ectoapyrases and extracellular nucleotides play key roles in regulating stomatal functions. ..
- McCue A, Nuthikattu S, Reeder S, Slotkin R. Gene expression and stress response mediated by the epigenetic regulation of a transposable element small RNA. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002474 pubmed publisher..In addition, the ability of this TE siRNA to regulate a gene's expression in trans blurs the lines between TE and gene-regulating small RNAs. ..
- Drakakaki G, Zabotina O, Delgado I, Robert S, Keegstra K, Raikhel N. Arabidopsis reversibly glycosylated polypeptides 1 and 2 are essential for pollen development. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:1480-92 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that RGP1 and RGP2 are required during microspore development and pollen mitosis, either affecting cell division and/or vacuolar integrity. ..
- Wang H, Boavida L, Ron M, McCormick S. Truncation of a protein disulfide isomerase, PDIL2-1, delays embryo sac maturation and disrupts pollen tube guidance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2008;20:3300-11 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these truncated versions of PDIL2-1 function in sporophytic tissues to affect ovule structure and impede embryo sac development, thereby disrupting pollen tube guidance. ..
- Ye C, Li T, Tuskan G, Tschaplinski T, Yang X. Comparative analysis of GT14/GT14-like gene family in Arabidopsis, Oryza, Populus, Sorghum and Vitis. Plant Sci. 2011;181:688-95 pubmed publisher..This study provided new insights into the evolution and functional diversification of the GT14/GT14-like family genes...
- Zheng Q, Zheng Y, Perry S. AGAMOUS-Like15 promotes somatic embryogenesis in Arabidopsis and soybean in part by the control of ethylene biosynthesis and response. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:2113-27 pubmed publisher..truncatula nomenclature...
- Pontvianne F, Blevins T, Chandrasekhara C, Mozgová I, Hassel C, Pontes O, et al. Subnuclear partitioning of rRNA genes between the nucleolus and nucleoplasm reflects alternative epiallelic states. Genes Dev. 2013;27:1545-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data reveal that rRNA genes occupy distinct but changeable nuclear territories according to their epigenetic state. ..
- Meekins D, Raththagala M, Husodo S, White C, Guo H, Kötting O, et al. Phosphoglucan-bound structure of starch phosphatase Starch Excess4 reveals the mechanism for C6 specificity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7272-7 pubmed publisher..These data provide important insights into the structural basis of glucan phosphatase site-specific activity and open new avenues for their biotechnological utilization. ..
- Aukerman M, Lee I, Weigel D, Amasino R. The Arabidopsis flowering-time gene LUMINIDEPENDENS is expressed primarily in regions of cell proliferation and encodes a nuclear protein that regulates LEAFY expression. Plant J. 1999;18:195-203 pubmed..These data are consistent with the idea that at least one function of LD is to participate in the regulation of LFY. ..
- Gray W, Estelle I. Function of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in auxin response. Trends Biochem Sci. 2000;25:133-8 pubmed..Recent advances using molecular genetics in Arabidopsis have begun to elucidate the mechanisms involved in auxin signaling. These results suggest that protein degradation by the ubiquitin pathway has a central role in auxin response. ..
- Qin C, Wang X. The Arabidopsis phospholipase D family. Characterization of a calcium-independent and phosphatidylcholine-selective PLD zeta 1 with distinct regulatory domains. Plant Physiol. 2002;128:1057-68 pubmed
- Greene E, Codomo C, Taylor N, Henikoff J, Till B, Reynolds S, et al. Spectrum of chemically induced mutations from a large-scale reverse-genetic screen in Arabidopsis. Genetics. 2003;164:731-40 pubmed..As expected for alkylation of guanine by EMS, >99% of mutations are G/C-to-A/T transitions. A nearest-neighbor bias around the mutated base pair suggests that mismatch repair counteracts alkylation damage. ..
- Smith A, Jain A, Deal R, Nagarajan V, Poling M, Raghothama K, et al. Histone H2A.Z regulates the expression of several classes of phosphate starvation response genes but not as a transcriptional activator. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:217-25 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a model for chromatin-level control of Pi starvation responses in which ARP6-dependent H2A.Z deposition modulates the transcription of a suite of PSR genes...
- Conte S, Lloyd A. The MAR1 transporter is an opportunistic entry point for antibiotics. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:49-52 pubmed
- Zhu S, Jeong R, Venugopal S, Lapchyk L, Navarre D, Kachroo A, et al. SAG101 forms a ternary complex with EDS1 and PAD4 and is required for resistance signaling against turnip crinkle virus. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002318 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that EDS1, PAD4 and SAG101 also perform independent functions in HRT-mediated resistance. ..
- Moore C, Johnson L, Kwak I, Livny M, Broman K, Spalding E. High-throughput computer vision introduces the time axis to a quantitative trait map of a plant growth response. Genetics. 2013;195:1077-86 pubmed publisher..6-4.0%. Heritability due to the QTL approached 25%. This study shows how computer vision and statistical genetic analysis by HTC can characterize the developmental timing of genetic architectures. ..
- Pappan K, Qin W, Dyer J, Zheng L, Wang X. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of polyphosphoinositide-dependent phospholipase D, PLDbeta, from Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:7055-61 pubmed
- Baxter Burrell A, Yang Z, Springer P, Bailey Serres J. RopGAP4-dependent Rop GTPase rheostat control of Arabidopsis oxygen deprivation tolerance. Science. 2002;296:2026-8 pubmed..Tolerance to oxygen deprivation requires Rop activation and RopGAP4-dependent negative feedback regulation. This Rop signal transduction rheostat balances the ability to increase ethanolic fermentation with survival. ..
- Mackey D, Belkhadir Y, Alonso J, Ecker J, Dangl J. Arabidopsis RIN4 is a target of the type III virulence effector AvrRpt2 and modulates RPS2-mediated resistance. Cell. 2003;112:379-89 pubmed..We suggest that RIN4 is the target of the AvrRpt2 virulence function, and that perturbation of RIN4 activates RPS2. Thus, RIN4 is a point of convergence for the activity of at least three unrelated P. syringae type III effectors. ..
- Spitzer C, Reyes F, Buono R, Sliwinski M, Haas T, Otegui M. The ESCRT-related CHMP1A and B proteins mediate multivesicular body sorting of auxin carriers in Arabidopsis and are required for plant development. Plant Cell. 2009;21:749-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, Arabidopsis CHMP1A and B are ESCRT-related proteins with conserved endosomal functions, and the auxin carriers PIN1, PIN2, and AUX1 are ESCRT cargo proteins in the MVB sorting pathway. ..
- He Y, Chen L, Zhou Y, Mawhinney T, Chen B, Kang B, et al. Functional characterization of Arabidopsis thaliana isopropylmalate dehydrogenases reveals their important roles in gametophyte development. New Phytol. 2011;189:160-75 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that IPMDH2 and IPMDH3 primarily function in leucine biosynthesis, are essential for pollen development and are needed for proper embryo sac development. ..
- Afzal A, da Cunha L, Mackey D. Separable fragments and membrane tethering of Arabidopsis RIN4 regulate its suppression of PAMP-triggered immunity. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3798-811 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that RIN4 is a multifunctional suppressor of PTI and that a virulence function of AvrRpt2 may include cleaving RIN4 into active defense-suppressing fragments...
- Li H, Lin Y, Heath R, Zhu M, Yang Z. Control of pollen tube tip growth by a Rop GTPase-dependent pathway that leads to tip-localized calcium influx. Plant Cell. 1999;11:1731-42 pubmed
- Springer N, Danilevskaya O, Hermon P, Helentjaris T, Phillips R, Kaeppler H, et al. Sequence relationships, conserved domains, and expression patterns for maize homologs of the polycomb group genes E(z), esc, and E(Pc). Plant Physiol. 2002;128:1332-45 pubmed..The conservation of E(z) and esc homologs across kingdoms indicates that these genes likely play a conserved role in repressing gene expression. ..
- Givens R, Lin M, Taylor D, Mechold U, Berry J, Hernandez V. Inducible expression, enzymatic activity, and origin of higher plant homologues of bacterial RelA/SpoT stress proteins in Nicotiana tabacum. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7495-504 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings implicate a direct mode of action of these ppGpp synthetases with regard to plant physiology, namely regulation of chloroplast gene expression in response to plant defense signals...
- Gagne J, Smalle J, Gingerich D, Walker J, Yoo S, Yanagisawa S, et al. Arabidopsis EIN3-binding F-box 1 and 2 form ubiquitin-protein ligases that repress ethylene action and promote growth by directing EIN3 degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6803-8 pubmed..Collectively, our results show that the SCF(EBF1/EBF2)-dependent ubiquitination and subsequent removal of EIN3 is critical not only for proper ethylene signaling but also for growth in plants. ..
- Tang D, Simonich M, Innes R. Mutations in LACS2, a long-chain acyl-coenzyme A synthetase, enhance susceptibility to avirulent Pseudomonas syringae but confer resistance to Botrytis cinerea in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1093-103 pubmed..All three displayed an enhanced resistance to B. cinerea. Our results indicate that plant cutin or cuticle structure may play a crucial role in tolerance to biotic and abiotic stress and in the pathogenesis of B. cinerea. ..
- Wu G, Lewis D, Spalding E. Mutations in Arabidopsis multidrug resistance-like ABC transporters separate the roles of acropetal and basipetal auxin transport in lateral root development. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1826-37 pubmed
- Conte S, Stevenson D, Furner I, Lloyd A. Multiple antibiotic resistance in Arabidopsis is conferred by mutations in a chloroplast-localized transport protein. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:559-73 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MAR1 is a plastid transporter that is likely to be involved in cellular iron homeostasis and allows opportunistic entry of multiple antibiotics into the chloroplast. ..
- Mandal M, Chandra Shekara A, Jeong R, Yu K, Zhu S, Chanda B, et al. Oleic acid-dependent modulation of NITRIC OXIDE ASSOCIATED1 protein levels regulates nitric oxide-mediated defense signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:1654-74 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that 18:1 levels regulate NO synthesis, and, thereby, NO-mediated signaling, by regulating NOA1 levels. ..
- Ahsan N, Huang Y, Tovar Mendez A, Swatek K, Zhang J, Miernyk J, et al. A versatile mass spectrometry-based method to both identify kinase client-relationships and characterize signaling network topology. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:937-48 pubmed publisher..Structural modeling revealed that phosphorylation of AtPPI-2 induces conformational changes that modulate TOPP binding. ..
- Ondzighi Assoume C, Chakraborty S, Harris J. Environmental Nitrate Stimulates Abscisic Acid Accumulation in Arabidopsis Root Tips by Releasing It from Inactive Stores. Plant Cell. 2016;28:729-45 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a mechanism for nitrate-regulated root growth via regulation of ABA accumulation in the root tip, providing insight into the environmental regulation of root growth. ..
- Zhu M, Zhang T, Ji W, Silva Sanchez C, Song W, Assmann S, et al. Redox regulation of a guard cell SNF1-related protein kinase in Brassica napus, an oilseed crop. Biochem J. 2017;474:2585-2599 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that BnSnRK2.4-1C, an SnRK preferentially expressed in guard cells, is redox-regulated with potential roles in guard cell signal transduction. ..
- Jiang L, Phillips T, Rogers S, Rogers J. Biogenesis of the protein storage vacuole crystalloid. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:755-70 pubmed..The uptake and preservation of the contents of these organelles in vacuoles represents a unique mechanism for compartmentalization of protein and lipid for storage. ..
- Murfett J, Wang X, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T. Identification of Arabidopsis histone deacetylase HDA6 mutants that affect transgene expression. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1047-61 pubmed..Furthermore, the effect of AtHDA6 on transgene silencing may be independent of its histone deacetylase activity. ..
- Fang S, Fernandez D. Effect of regulated overexpression of the MADS domain factor AGL15 on flower senescence and fruit maturation. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:78-89 pubmed..Using a glucocorticoid-inducible expression system, we show that an increase in AGL15 levels around the time of flower opening is necessary to delay senescence and increase floral organ longevity. ..
- Zhang W, Lee H, Koo D, Jiang J. Epigenetic modification of centromeric chromatin: hypomethylation of DNA sequences in the CENH3-associated chromatin in Arabidopsis thaliana and maize. Plant Cell. 2008;20:25-34 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DNA methylation plays an important role in epigenetic demarcation of the CEN chromatin. ..
- Blanvillain R, Boavida L, McCormick S, Ow D. Exportin1 genes are essential for development and function of the gametophytes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics. 2008;180:1493-500 pubmed publisher..Our results show that mitotic divisions are possible without XPO1 during the haploid phase, but that XPO1 is crucial for the maternal-to-embryonic transition. ..
- Adamczyk B, Fernandez D. MIKC* MADS domain heterodimers are required for pollen maturation and tube growth in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1713-23 pubmed publisher..These results were combined to create a model to describe MIKC* heterodimer contributions in pollen. ..
- Kandasamy M, McKinney E, Meagher R. Differential sublocalization of actin variants within the nucleus. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:729-43 pubmed publisher..Profilin and ADF proteins were also found in significant levels in plant nuclei. The possible functions of differentially localized nuclear actin variants are discussed. ..
- Chen H, Kim H, Weng H, Browse J. Malonyl-CoA synthetase, encoded by ACYL ACTIVATING ENZYME13, is essential for growth and development of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2247-62 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the malonyl-CoA synthetase encoded by AAE13 is essential for healthy growth and development, probably because it is required for the detoxification of malonate. ..