Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Taiwan
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- Sun J, Chuang Kung J, Wang C, Chen S, Shyu B. Short-term facilitation in the anterior cingulate cortex following stimulation of the medial thalamus in the rat. Brain Res. 2006;1097:101-15 pubmed..The short-term facilitation occurred in the middle layers and expanded to the deeper layers of the ACC. These changes may mediate the effective signal transference in the specific frequency associated with painful responses. ..
- Chang H, Cho C, Hung W. Silencing of the metastasis suppressor RECK by RAS oncogene is mediated by DNA methyltransferase 3b-induced promoter methylation. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8413-20 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that RAS oncogene induces RECK gene silencing through DNMT3b-mediated promoter methylation, and DNMT inhibitors may be useful for the treatment of RAS-induced metastasis. ..
- Liang P, Shyur S, Huang L, Wen D, Chiang Y, Lin M, et al. Risk factors and characteristics of early-onset asthma in Taiwanese children. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2006;39:414-21 pubmed..A history of asthma or urticaria in a sibling is a risk factor for early-onset asthma. A greater prevalence of food allergen sensitization and high eosinophil counts are characteristic of early-onset disease. ..
- Su L, Lee G, Huang Y, Chen Y, Sun C. Neomycin and puromycin affect gene expression in Giardia lamblia stable transfection. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;156:124-35 pubmed..Our results indicate that transfection and drug selection, per se, can alter expression of genes involved in metabolism, protein folding, and differentiation status in Giardia. ..
- Ahmed A, Wen Z, Su J, Hsieh Y, Wu Y, Hu W, et al. Oxygenated cembranoids from a Formosan soft coral Sinularia gibberosa. J Nat Prod. 2008;71:179-85 pubmed publisher..None of these compounds were found to be cytotoxic toward a limited panel of cancer cell lines. Compound 1 significantly inhibited the accumulation of the pro-inflammatory COX-2 protein of the LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophage cells. ..
- Yen P, Chen B, Yang F, Lu Y. Effects of deep-frying oil on blood pressure and oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive and normotensive rats. Nutrition. 2010;26:331-6 pubmed publisher..The ingestion of deep-frying oil seemed not to influence blood pressure or its related parameters, but altered eicosanoid metabolism and elevated oxidative stress in SHR and WKY rats. ..
- Huang C, Lin W, Chang C, Choo K. Transcription of the rat testis-specific Rtdpoz-T1 and -T2 retrogenes during embryo development: co-transcription and frequent exonisation of transposable element sequences. BMC Mol Biol. 2009;10:74 pubmed publisher..Exonisation of TE sequences is a frequent event in the transcription of retrogenes during embryonic development and in the testis and may contribute to post-transcriptional regulation of expression of retrogenes. ..
- Lin C, Chen K, Yang C, Cheng J, Sheen Chen S, Wu C, et al. Sonoporation-mediated gene transfer into adult rat dorsal root ganglion cells. J Biomed Sci. 2010;17:44 pubmed publisher..Sonoporation can be optimized to minimize cell death and yield a high percentage of transfected neurons and that this technique can be easily applied to primary cultures of rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. ..
- Lin Y, Leu S, Sun C, Yen C, Kao Y, Chang L, et al. Early combined treatment with sildenafil and adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells preserves heart function in rat dilated cardiomyopathy. J Transl Med. 2010;8:88 pubmed publisher..003). Early combined ADMSC/sildenafil is superior to either treatment alone in preserving LV function. ..
- Tsuang Y, Liao L, Chao Y, Sun J, Cheng C, Chen M, et al. Effects of low intensity pulsed ultrasound on rat Schwann cells metabolism. Artif Organs. 2011;35:373-83 pubmed publisher..The low intensity pulsed ultrasound stimulation to an injured nerve site could be applied as early as possible especially when the microenvironment is almost serum-free to obtain the most benefit. ..
- Cheng I, Lin Y, Hwang E, Huang H, Chang W, Liu Y, et al. Collagen VI protects against neuronal apoptosis elicited by ultraviolet irradiation via an Akt/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling pathway. Neuroscience. 2011;183:178-88 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested a potential protective mechanism by which neurons up-regulate collagen VI production under stress conditions to activate Akt/PI3K anti-apoptotic signaling pathway. ..
- Tseng M, Chung P, Tzean S. Enhancing the stress tolerance and virulence of an entomopathogen by metabolic engineering of dihydroxynaphthalene melanin biosynthesis genes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:4508-19 pubmed publisher..The possible mechanisms in enhancing the stress tolerance and virulence, and the significance and potential for engineering melanin biosynthesis genes in other biocontrol agents and crops to improve antistress fitness are discussed. ..
- Chen J, Huang T, Peng H, Chen W, Tseng W. Proton resonance frequency shift-weighted imaging for monitoring MR-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound transmissions. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011;33:1474-81 pubmed publisher..Although the images do not provide quantitative data related to temperature, this method could be used as a complement to the phase temperature mapping method in the real-time monitoring of MRIgFUS experiments. ..
- Wang T, Wang H, Lin C, Chen T, Chang C, Chen C, et al. Simulating a target lesion for endoscopic submucosal dissection training in an ex vivo pig model. Gastrointest Endosc. 2011;74:398-402 pubmed publisher..It allows trainees to practice how to make proper markings, delineate adequate safety margins, and properly manage different subtypes of early gastric cancer. ..
- Chuang T, Chen F, Chen Y. Position-dependent correlations between DNA methylation and the evolutionary rates of mammalian coding exons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15841-6 pubmed..The first exons appear more prone to the mutagenic effects, whereas the other exons are more influenced by the regulatory effects of DNA methylation. ..
- Hsu F, Huang C, Chen Y, Yen Y, Wu C, Uang B, et al. Antidiabetic effects of pterosin A, a small-molecular-weight natural product, on diabetic mouse models. Diabetes. 2013;62:628-38 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that pterosin A may be a potential therapeutic option for diabetes. ..
- Lee T, Tsai C, Hsieh T, Chen J, Wang Y, Kao M, et al. Ectopic pregnancy-derived human trophoblastic stem cells regenerate dopaminergic nigrostriatal pathway to treat parkinsonian rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52491 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the hTS cell is a dynamic stem cell platform that is potentially suitable for use in disease models, drug discovery, and cell therapy such as PD. ..
- Lan W, Tzeng C, Lin C, Yen F, Ko H. Prenylated flavonoids from Artocarpus altilis: antioxidant activities and inhibitory effects on melanin production. Phytochemistry. 2013;89:78-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flavonoids isolated from A. altilis may be candidate antioxidants and/or skin-whitening agents. However, further investigations are required to determine their mechanisms of action...
- Pan H, Lai D, Lan K, Shen C, Wu S, Chiu C, et al. Honokiol thwarts gastric tumor growth and peritoneal dissemination by inhibiting Tpl2 in an orthotopic model. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2568-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the therapeutic inhibition of Tpl2 by Honokiol thwarts both gastric tumor growth and peritoneal dissemination by inducing ER stress and inhibiting EMT. ..
- Wu G, Wang W, Lin Y, Liu S, Chen R. Oxidative stress-induced apoptotic insults to rat osteoblasts are attenuated by nitric oxide pretreatment via GATA-5-involved regulation of Bcl-X L gene expression and protein translocation. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:905-16 pubmed publisher..The protective mechanisms are mediated by GATA-5-mediated transcriptional induction of Bcl-X L gene, and translocational modulation of Bcl-XL and Bax proteins. ..
- Tsai P, Huang W, Hsieh M, Sung P, Kuo Y, Wu W. Flavones Isolated from Scutellariae radix Suppress Propionibacterium Acnes-Induced Cytokine Production In Vitro and In Vivo. Molecules. 2015;21:E15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that all the seven flavones can be potential therapeutic agents against P. acnes-induced skin inflammation. ..
- Lin T, Lai H, Kao Y, Sun C, Hwang M, Chern Y. Protein kinase C inhibits type VI adenylyl cyclase by phosphorylating the regulatory N domain and two catalytic C1 and C2 domains. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15721-8 pubmed..Phosphorylation of this regulatory complex at different sites might induce a fine-tuning of the catalytic core complex and subsequently lead to alternation in the catalytic activity of ACVI. ..
- Chang S, Chang C, Chiang Y, Hsieh R, Tzeng C, Wu T, et al. Polyacetylenic compounds and butanol fraction from Bidens pilosa can modulate the differentiation of helper T cells and prevent autoimmune diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice. Planta Med. 2004;70:1045-51 pubmed..In summary, the butanol fraction of B. pilosa and its polyacetylenes can prevent diabetes plausibly via suppressing the differentiation of Th0 cells into Th1 cells and promoting that of Th0 cells into Th2 cells. ..
- Hung J, Hsu Y, Ni W, Tsai Y, Yang C, Kuo P, et al. Oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stress signaling are involved in dehydrocostuslactone-mediated apoptosis in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer. 2010;68:355-65 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that DHE may be a novel anticancer agent for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Lin S, Yeh J, Chen C, Chou S, Tsai Y. Effects of local lidocaine treatment before and after median nerve injury on mechanical hypersensitivity and microglia activation in rat cuneate nucleus. Eur J Pain. 2011;15:359-67 pubmed publisher..High-concentration lidocaine was effective in decreasing microglia activation in the CN and in attenuating neuropathic pain sensations at the early stage following nerve injury, when microglia had not yet been activated...
- Shy C, Chao H, Lin D, Gou Y, Chuang C, Chuang K, et al. An AhR-Luciferase Adenovirus Infection System for Rapid Screening of Dioxins in Soils. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2016;96:192-6 pubmed publisher..When surveyed in contaminated soil samples (n = 114) from industrial areas by the Ad-DR bioassay, dioxin levels were 117, 102, 98.5, and 112 ng BEQ/kg dw, respectively, in northern, central, southern, and eastern Taiwan. ..
- Li S, Wang F, Yang Y, Tiao M, Chuang J, Huang Y. Microarray Study of Pathway Analysis Expression Profile Associated with MicroRNA-29a with Regard to Murine Cholestatic Liver Injuries. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:324 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the protective effects of miR-29a correlate with the downregulation of TGF-Î² and associated with Wnt/Î²-catenin signal pathway following BDL. ..
- Tien A, Hsei H, Chien C. Dynamic expression and cellular localization of the drosophila 14-3-3epsilon during embryonic development. Mech Dev. 1999;81:209-12 pubmed..During neuronal differentiation, the d14-3-3epsilon protein remained at a high level in the neuronal cytoplasm. ..
- Lee M, Stephenson D. Recent developments in neurofibromatosis type 1. Curr Opin Neurol. 2007;20:135-41 pubmed..Recent advances in the clinical features and molecular genetics of NF1 will be discussed together with insights into the underlying pathomechanisms of NF1. ..
- Chung L, Yang T, Huang H, Hsu S, Cheng H, Huang P. Semaphorin signaling facilitates cleft formation in the developing salivary gland. Development. 2007;134:2935-45 pubmed..Instead, the semaphorin signals act locally on the epithelial cells to facilitate SMG cleft formation. ..
- Wu C, Sheu M, Tsai K, Chiang C, Liu S. Salubrinal, an eIF2? dephosphorylation inhibitor, enhances cisplatin-induced oxidative stress and nephrotoxicity in a mouse model. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:671-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that salubrinal aggravates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity through the enhancement of oxidative stress and ER stress-related cell apoptosis. ..
- Lian W, Hsiao H, Chou C. Viability of microencapsulated bifidobacteria in simulated gastric juice and bile solution. Int J Food Microbiol. 2003;86:293-301 pubmed..0 or 2.0% bile solution. Moreover, it was also observed that the protective effect exerted by encapsulation with spray drying varied with the carriers used and the strains of bifidobacteria...
- Chang M, Huang C, Hwang S, Lu I, Lin C, Kuo T, et al. Zebrafish heparin-binding neurotrophic factor enhances neurite outgrowth during its development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:502-9 pubmed..In addition, zebrafish HBNF was able to enhance extensive neurite outgrowth in zebrafish embryos during embryogenesis. In summary, a feasible in vivo assay for neurite outgrowth was established in zebrafish. ..
- Cheng S, Chang H, Wu C, Chang S. Anti-termitic activities of essential oils from coniferous trees against Coptotermes formosanus. Bioresour Technol. 2007;98:456-9 pubmed..formosana killed all termites after 1 d of test, with an LC(50) value of 2.6 mg/g, exhibiting the strongest termiticidal property. The termiticidal effect of heartwood essential oil was due to its toxicity and its repellent action. ..
- Huang L, Hsu C, Tsai T, Wang S, Yang R. Suppression of mitochondrial ATPase inhibitor protein (IF1) in the liver of late septic rats. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1767:888-96 pubmed..These results confirm the first evidence showing that the suppression of IF1 expression and subsequent elevated mitochondrial F0F1-ATPase activity might contribute to the bioenergetic failure in the liver during late sepsis. ..
- Lin C, Yen S, Chang H, Chen S, Lai S, Liu Y, et al. Loss of cofilin 1 disturbs actin dynamics, adhesion between enveloping and deep cell layers and cell movements during gastrulation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15331 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that proper actin turnover mediated by Cfl1 is essential for adhesion between DEL and EVL and cell movements during gastrulation in zebrafish. ..
- Shyu K, Chang C, Wang B, Kuan P, Chang H. Increased expression of angiopoietin-2 and Tie2 receptor in a rat model of myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion. Clin Sci (Lond). 2003;105:287-94 pubmed..In conclusion, expression of both Ang2 and Tie2 increased after ischaemia/reperfusion in the rat ventricular myocardium, while the expression of Ang1 and Tie1 did not. ..
- Chu L, Chen Y, Chuang N. Dimerize RACK1 upon transformation with oncogenic ras. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:474-82 pubmed
- Li T, Chiou L, Lin Y, Hsieh J, Hwang L. Electrophysiological study on the effects of leptin in rat dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;292:R2136-43 pubmed..These results suggest that the DMNV is one of the central target sites of leptin, and leptin can regulate parasympathetic outflow from the DMNV by directly acting on the parasympathetic preganglionic neurons of the DMNV. ..
- Chu C, Cheng C, Chen G, Chen Y, Hung C, Huang K, et al. The zebrafish erythropoietin: functional identification and biochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4265-71 pubmed..Furthermore, in the absence of functional zEpo, the expression of specific markers for adult globin genes, such as alphaA1- and betaA1-globin, but not the embryonic betae1-globin, was affected. ..
- Tsai C, Lin J, Kuo H, Tai M, Wu Y, Shyr C, et al. Induction of apoptosis in rabbit oral mucosa by 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride gel. Arch Toxicol. 2008;82:81-7 pubmed..The results demonstrate in vivo that 1.23% APF induced apoptosis in basal epithelial cells of rabbit oral mucosa. It suggests the possible necessity to prevent oral mucosa contact when APF applied on teeth...
- Pan S, Chao Y, Hung P, Chen H, Yang S, Chang Y, et al. The ability of LCRMP-1 to promote cancer invasion by enhancing filopodia formation is antagonized by CRMP-1. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:3189-205 pubmed publisher..In sum, we show that LCRMP-1 and CRMP-1 have opposing functions in regulating cancer cell invasion and metastasis and propose that this pathway may serve as a potential anticancer target. ..
- Hsiao P, Liaw C, Hwang S, Cheng H, Zhang L, Shen C, et al. Antiproliferative and hypoglycemic cucurbitane-type glycosides from the fruits of Momordica charantia. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:2979-86 pubmed publisher..In addition, compound 14 showed potent hypoglycemic activities by glucose uptake assay. ..
- Chen Y, Tsai H. Treatment with Myf5-morpholino results in somite patterning and brain formation defects in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2002;70:447-56 pubmed
- Chou W, Ho C, Tseng M, Liu S, Yen L, Huang S. Human Spot 14 protein is a p53-dependent transcriptional coactivator via the recruitment of thyroid receptor and Zac1. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:1826-34 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a molecular rationale for the role of human Spot 14 protein in the p53-dependent transcriptional activation of specific genes via diverse pathways in cells. ..
- Chang Y, Liu C, Wu C, Chiang C, Lian J, Hsieh S. Dietary administration of zingerone to enhance growth, non-specific immune response, and resistance to Vibrio alginolyticus in Pacific white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) juveniles. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:284-90 pubmed publisher..alginolyticus. Use of zingerone as appetizer and immunostimulant in shrimp is promising. ..
- Tsay T, Yang M, Chen P, Lai K, Huang H, Hsu C, et al. Blocking TNF-Î± enhances Pseudomonas aeruginosa-induced mortality in burn mice through induction of IL-1Î². Cytokine. 2013;63:58-66 pubmed publisher..Using an IL-1 receptor antagonist combined with the neutralization of TNF-Î± could be a useful strategy for decreasing P. aeruginosa infection-induced mortality in burn patients. ..
- Lee K, Hsieh Y, Yang Y, Chan C, Huang Y, Lin H. Aliskiren Reduces Hepatic steatosis and Epididymal Fat Mass and Increases Skeletal Muscle Insulin Sensitivity in High-Fat Diet-Fed Mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18899 pubmed publisher..Based on these beneficial effects on liver, peripheral fat and skeletal muscle, aliskiren is a promising therapeutic agent for patients with NAFLD. ..
- Lin Y, Min M, Lin C, Chen W, Wu W, Yu H, et al. Identification and characterization of a subset of mouse sensory neurons that express acid-sensing ion channel 3. Neuroscience. 2008;151:544-57 pubmed..Our studies reveal a unique feature of ASIC3-expressing DRG neurons and a basis for their heterogeneous functions. ..
- Chang F, Lu C. Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome using complementary and alternative medicine. J Chin Med Assoc. 2009;72:294-300 pubmed publisher..Apart from conventional medications, CAM may be considered individually as a supplement or alternative to treat IBS patients that is at least equal in effect to placebo if patients do not exhibit any intolerable or serious side effects. ..
- Chou H, Lin X, Pan W, Wu P, Chang C, Lin T, et al. Hydrogel-delivered GM-CSF overcomes nonresponsiveness to hepatitis B vaccine through the recruitment and activation of dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:5468-75 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that hydrogel-formulated GM-CSF might represent a simple and effective method to generate next-generation hepatitis B virus vaccines for inducing anti-hepatitis B surface Abs in nonresponders. ..
- Lin C, Yang J, Teng S, Tsai S, Chen M. Microarray analysis of gene expression of bone marrow stem cells cocultured with salivary acinar cells. J Formos Med Assoc. 2013;112:713-20 pubmed publisher..We proposed that three target genes, BMP-6, interleukin-6 and CEBPB, play important roles in the transdifferentiation of BMSCs into acinar cells, and are worthy of further investigation. ..
- Leu J, Wang H, Kou G, Lo C. Penaeus monodon caspase is targeted by a white spot syndrome virus anti-apoptosis protein. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:476-86 pubmed..monodon inhibitor of apoptosis protein (PmIAP) remained unchanged after white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) infection. We also used Pm caspase to show that WSSV449, an anti-apoptosis protein encoded by WSSV, is a direct caspase inhibitor. ..
- Chen S, Guh J, Hwang C, Chiou S, Lin T, Ko Y, et al. Advanced glycation end-products activate extracellular signal-regulated kinase via the oxidative stress-EGF receptor pathway in renal fibroblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2010;109:38-48 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it was found that AGEs-induced mitogenesis is dependent on the RAGE-ROS-EGFR-ERK1/2 pathway whereas AGEs-activated ERK1/2 is dependent on the RAGE-ROS-EGFR pathway in NRK-49F cells. ..
- Huang N, Lin J, Lin J, Lin C, Liu E, Lin C, et al. A new drug design targeting the adenosinergic system for Huntington's disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20934 pubmed publisher..g., the dopamine receptor/dopamine transporter and the serotonin receptor/serotonin transporter) and may facilitate the development of new drugs for other neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Wang H, Chu F, Chien S, Liao J, Hsieh H, Li W, et al. Establishment of the metabolite profile for an Antrodia cinnamomea health food product and investigation of its chemoprevention activity. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:8556-64 pubmed publisher..The results suggest this A. cinnamomea product might be a potent antioxidative and anti-inflammatory supplement for chemoprevention. ..
- Wu S, Cheng Y, Liu H, Wang H, Huang H. Global transcriptional expression in ovarian follicles from Tsaiya ducks (Anas platyrhynchos) with a high-fertilization rate. Theriogenology. 2016;85:1439-1445.e1 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the usefulness of the array technique and data mining methods in the discovery of new biomarkers and add knowledge to our understanding of the factors affecting fertilization rates in ovarian follicles. ..
- Yang J, Shih H, Shyu B. Intracortical circuits in rat anterior cingulate cortex are activated by nociceptive inputs mediated by medial thalamus. J Neurophysiol. 2006;96:3409-22 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that two distinct synaptic circuits in the ACC were activated by noxious stimuli and that the MT is the major thalamic relay that transmits nociceptive information to the ACC. ..
- Lin M, Chang C, Lin B, Yang H, Chu C, Wu M, et al. Elevated expression of Cyr61 enhances peritoneal dissemination of gastric cancer cells through integrin alpha2beta1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34594-604 pubmed..The data suggest that Cyr61 may contribute to the peritoneal dissemination of gastric cancer by promoting tumor-cell adhesion ability through the up-regulation of the functional integrin alpha(2)beta(1) via an AP-1-dependent pathway. ..
- Chang C, Huang C, Lin Y, Deng M, Chen H, Tsai C, et al. Antigenic domains analysis of classical swine fever virus E2 glycoprotein by mutagenesis and conformation-dependent monoclonal antibodies. Virus Res. 2010;149:183-9 pubmed publisher..These data significantly increase our understanding of the antigenic structure of E2 for antibody binding. ..
- Kao S, Chen Y, Tu H, Liu C, Yu A, Wu C, et al. Nuclear STK15 expression is associated with aggressive behaviour of oral carcinoma cells in vivo and in vitro. J Pathol. 2010;222:99-109 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that STK15 is oncogenic for OSCC and that its nuclear expression is a predictor of clinical behaviour. Knockdown of STK15 could be a potential therapeutic option in OSCC and other tumours. ..
- Chang L, Chung C, Lin J, Hong E. Organization and phylogenetic analysis of kappa-bungarotoxin genes from Bungarus multicinctus (Taiwan banded krait). Genetica. 2002;115:213-21 pubmed..In contrast to a conserved size of the second intron, segmental insertions and/or deletions within the first intron accelerate the evolutionary divergence of kappa- and alpha-neurotoxin genes...
- Chang L, Wun W, Lin Y, Wang P. Effects of S-petasin on cyclic AMP production and enzyme activity of P450scc in rat zona fasciculata-reticularis cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;489:29-37 pubmed
- Kung F, Tsai J, Lee C, Lou K, Tang C, Liou H, et al. Effects of sodium azide, barium ion, d-amphetamine and procaine on inward rectifying potassium channel 6.2 expressed in Xenopus oocytes. J Formos Med Assoc. 2008;107:600-8 pubmed publisher..Whether sodium azide, barium ion, d-amphetamine or procaine acts directly on the Kir6.2DeltaC26 channel remains unclear. We studied the effects of these compounds on Kir6.2DeltaC26 channel expressed in Xenopus oocytes...
- Chen H, Lo Y, Chiang W. Inhibitory effects of adlay bran (Coix lachryma-jobi L. var. ma-yuen Stapf) on chemical mediator release and cytokine production in rat basophilic leukemia cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;141:119-27 pubmed publisher..Adlay (Job's tears, Coix lachryma-jobi L. var. ma-yuen Stapf) has long been used in China to treat rheumatism...
- Hou H, Cheng S, Liu H, Yang F, Wang H, Yu C. Elastase induced lung epithelial cell apoptosis and emphysema through placenta growth factor. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e793 pubmed publisher..Regulatory control of PlGF and agents against its downstream signals may be potential therapeutic targets for COPD. ..
- Jui H, Tseng R, Wen X, Fang H, Huang L, Chen K, et al. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase D1, a potential regulator and effector for Tec family kinases. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:41124-32 pubmed..In addition, Tec (but not Btk) kinase can also be activated by PTPD1. Taken together, these findings indicate that PTPD1 can selectively associate with and stimulate Tec family kinases and modulate Stat3 activation. ..
- Chen M, Chou S, Lin C. Determination of corticosterone and 17-hydroxycorticosterone in plasma and urine samples by sweeping techniques using micellar electrokinetic chromatography. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2004;801:347-53 pubmed
- Yu Y, Chiang Y, Chen Y, Papetti M, Juo C, Skoultchi A, et al. MAPK-mediated phosphorylation of GATA-1 promotes Bcl-XL expression and cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29533-42 pubmed..Therefore, GATA-1 may represent a novel MAPK substrate that plays an essential role in a cytokine-mediated antiapoptotic response. ..
- Poon Y, Chang A, Chan S. Differential contribution of N-methyl-D-aspartate and non-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the intermediolateral cell column of the thoracic spinal cord to sympathetic vasomotor tone during experimental endotoxemia in the rat. Shock. 2006;26:372-8 pubmed..However, up-regulation of NMDA receptors on IML neurons plays a crucial role in the maintenance of vasomotor tone during endotoxemia. ..
- Misra T, Huang K, Liu C. Bioconjugation of 32-macrocyclic polyammonium cations-functionalized gold nanoparticles with BSA. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2010;344:137-43 pubmed publisher..30), and 1.86 x 10(10) M(-1) (1.75) at pH 3.60, 4.60, and 5.60 for BSA-Au-NPs conjugations, respectively. The results show that BSA binds to the Au-NPs strongly at pH 4.60, which is equivalent to its isoelectric point (pI 4.6). ..
- Kung J, Beller D, Ju S. Lymphokine regulation of activation-induced apoptosis in T cells of IL-2 and IL-2R beta knockout mice. Cell Immunol. 1998;185:158-63 pubmed
- Yang S, Lu F, Wu J, Liu D, Hsieh W. Activation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptors induces a long-term enhancement of excitatory postsynaptic currents mediated by ionotropic glutamate receptors in the rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 1999;260:33-6 pubmed
- Chen H, Liu T, Li H, Choo K. Use of a common promoter by two juxtaposed and intronless mouse early embryonic genes, Rnf33 and Rnf35: implications in zygotic gene expression. Genomics. 2002;80:140-3 pubmed..Our observations on the mode of transcription of Rnf33 and Rnf35 are consistent with the hypothesis that transcription of zygotic genes is promiscuous, and that the solo 5'-UTR intron may serve to facilitate efficient translation. ..
- Chen H, Chen J, Yu S, Li H, Yang P, Su C, et al. Transcriptome analysis in blastocyst hatching by cDNA microarray. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2492-501 pubmed..This work provides important information for studying the mechanisms of blastocyst hatching and implantation. These hatching-specific genes may have potential as new drug targets for controlling fertility. ..
- Hsu S, Lai M, Er T, Yang S, Hung C, Tsai H, et al. Ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase L1 (UCHL1) regulates the level of SMN expression through ubiquitination in primary spinal muscular atrophy fibroblasts. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:1920-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that UCHL1 may be a critical regulator in controlling cellular SMN protein turnover, and that it may serve as an attractive therapeutic target for SMA. ..
- Liao W, Chen J, Wang Y, Tseng G. Methylcobalamin, but not methylprednisolone or pleiotrophin, accelerates the recovery of rat biceps after ulnar to musculocutaneous nerve transfer. Neuroscience. 2010;171:934-49 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, methylcobalamin may be preferred over methylprednisolone to facilitate the recovery of peripheral nerves following end-to-end neurorrhaphy. The long-term effect of this treatment however remains to be clarified. ..
- Kuo P, Hung J, Huang S, Chou S, Cheng D, Jong Y, et al. Lung cancer-derived galectin-1 mediates dendritic cell anergy through inhibitor of DNA binding 3/IL-10 signaling pathway. J Immunol. 2011;186:1521-30 pubmed publisher..These results thus suggest that the galectin-1/IL-10 functional axis may be crucial in lung cancer-mediated immune suppression, and that galectin-1 may serve as a target in the development of lung cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Lin S, Chung P, Wu Y, Fung C, Hsu C, Chen L. Inhibition of nitric oxide production reverses diabetes-induced Kupffer cell activation and Klebsiella pneumonia liver translocation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177269 pubmed publisher..salivarius decreases diabetes-induced intestinal iNOS expression and KP liver translocation. Diabetes induces Kupffer cell activation and KP liver translocation through enteric dysbiosis and nitric oxide production. ..
- Cheng P, Tsaihong J, Lee K. Application of recombinant Sjc26GST for serodiagnosis of Schistosoma japonicum infection in water buffalo (Bos buffelus). Vet Parasitol. 2007;150:314-20 pubmed..Developing reSjc26GST, with its potential diagnostic values, will be useful for diagnosis and surveillance of schistosomiasis in controlling the spread of this parasitic disease in domestic animals. ..
- Wang L, Chiu S, Sun Y. Temporal switching of regulation and function of eye gone (eyg) in Drosophila eye development. Dev Biol. 2008;321:515-27 pubmed publisher..We propose that eyg expression at L2 is induced and maintained by N signaling, and is turned off at L3 by a negative feedback loop involving the morphogenetic furrow. ..
- Chang W, Lee C, Lee P, Lin J, Hsu C, Hung J, et al. Expression of Globo H and SSEA3 in breast cancer stem cells and the involvement of fucosyl transferases 1 and 2 in Globo H synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11667-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insight into further development of a Globo H-based vaccine and FUT1/FUT2-targeted therapy for breast cancer. ..
- Chen L, Hsu C, Chiueh C, Lee W. Ferrous citrate up-regulates the NOS2 through nuclear translocation of NF?B induced by free radicals generation in mouse cerebral endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46239 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the molecular mechanism underlying FC-induced up-regulation of NOS2 in the mouse CEC...
- Hsieh Y, Lin J, Hung C, Li C, Lin S, Yeh H, et al. Gap junction modifier rotigaptide decreases the susceptibility to ventricular arrhythmia by enhancing conduction velocity and suppressing discordant alternans during therapeutic hypothermia in isolated rabbit hearts. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:251-61 pubmed publisher..Enhancing cell-to-cell coupling by rotigaptide might be a novel approach to prevent ventricular arrhythmias during TH. ..
- Huang W, Kuo W, Hsu S, Cheng C, Liu J, Cheng H. Gait analysis of spinal cord injured rats after delivery of chondroitinase ABC and adult olfactory mucosa progenitor cell transplantation. Neurosci Lett. 2010;472:79-84 pubmed publisher..The gait characteristics of treated rats on a treadmill were consistent and approached that of intact rats. In future, the mechanism of restoring the injured spinal cord will be further investigated...
- Yang K, Li S, Chang C, Tang C, Lin Y, Lee S, et al. Aurora-C kinase deficiency causes cytokinesis failure in meiosis I and production of large polyploid oocytes in mice. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2371-83 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, we detected no Aurora-B protein in mouse oocytes. We propose that Aurora-C, but not Aurora-B, plays essential roles in female mouse meiosis. ..
- Wang Y, Tu P, Lin K, Lin S, Ko J, Jou Y. Identification of oncogenic point mutations and hyperphosphorylation of anaplastic lymphoma kinase in lung cancer. Neoplasia. 2011;13:704-15 pubmed..Furthermore, targeting oncogenic mutant ALKs with inhibitors could be a promising strategy to improve the therapeutic efficacy of fatal lung cancers. ..
- Lin J, Yan Y, Hsieh W, Peng P, Su C, Tarn W. RBM4 promotes pancreas cell differentiation and insulin expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:319-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RBM4 may have role in promoting pancreas cell differentiation and endocrine function, essentially via alternative splicing regulation. ..