Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Taiwan
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Chang C, Chen C, Chang F, Tai S, Chen C, Yu C, et al. Cell tracking and detection of molecular expression in live cells using lipid-enclosed CdSe quantum dots as contrast agents for epi-third harmonic generation microscopy. Opt Express. 2008;16:9534-48 pubmed..Combined with a high penetration 1230 nm laser, these novel features make LEQDs excellent THG contrast agents for in vivo deep-tissue imaging in the future. ..
- Chen H, Lee J, Huang J, Wang C, Chen W, Su S, et al. Curcumin inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis through the tumor suppressor HLJ1. Cancer Res. 2008;68:7428-38 pubmed publisher..This is a novel mechanism and supports the application of curcumin in anti-cancer metastasis therapy. ..
- Chia W, Yeh L, Chen Y, Lee H, Chang D, Sytwu H. IL-1beta in irrigation fluid and mRNA expression in synovial tissue of the knee joint as therapeutic markers of inflammation in collagen antibody-induced arthritis. Dis Markers. 2009;26:1-7 pubmed publisher..IL-1beta concentration in irrigation fluid and relative expression level of IL-1beta mRNA in the synovium have potential as therapeutic markers in studying and treating CAIA. ..
- Chao L, Wu W, Shih C. First detection and molecular identification of Borrelia burgdorferi-like spirochetes in Ixodes granulatus ticks collected on Kinmen Island of Taiwan. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009;80:389-94 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence of B. burgdorferi spirochetes detected in I. granulatus ticks and confirm their genetic relationship to B. burgdorferi sensu stricto. ..
- Cheng W, Wang B, Shyu K. Regulation of GADD153 induced by mechanical stress in cardiomyocytes. Eur J Clin Invest. 2009;39:960-71 pubmed publisher..Mechanical stress enhanced apoptosis and GADD153 expression in cardiomyocytes. Treatment with PBA reversed both GADD153 expression and apoptosis induced by mechanical stress in cardiomyocytes. ..
- Pi Chieh Wang K, Lee L, Lin T, Sheen Chen S, Lin J, Chiu W, et al. Gene transfer of IGF1 attenuates hepatocellular apoptosis after bile duct ligation. J Surg Res. 2011;167:237-44 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis was significantly attenuated by IGF1 gene therapy. This study demonstrated that gene transfer of IGF1 could attenuate hepatocellular apoptosis and injury after bile duct ligation in rats. ..
- Su M, Lin H, Yuan H, Chu W. Categorizing host-dependent RNA viruses by principal component analysis of their codon usage preferences. J Comput Biol. 2009;16:1539-47 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a new and effective way to characterize host-dependent RNA viruses based on the codon usage pattern...
- Tsai C, Chiang F, Tseng C, Hwang J, Kuo K, Wu C, et al. Increased expression of mineralocorticoid receptor in human atrial fibrillation and a cellular model of atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;55:758-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that aldosterone may play a role in AF electrical remodeling and provide insight into the treatment of AF with MR blockade. ..
- Yu Y, Wang P, Cheng W, Mersmann H, Wu S, Ding S. Porcine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta mediates the lipolytic effects of dietary fish oil to reduce body fat deposition. J Anim Sci. 2010;88:2009-18 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that PUFA may serve as natural and effective regulators of lipid catabolism in vivo and many of these effects may be generated from activation of PPARdelta. ..
- Hsu M, Chang C, Chen M, Chen B, Ma H, Hong C, et al. Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 in peptidoglycan-induced COX-2 expression in macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;87:1069-82 pubmed publisher..7 macrophages. Our data demonstrate that PGN might activate the TLR2-mediated PP2A-ASK1-JNK-AP-1-C/EBPbeta cascade and subsequent COX-2 expression in RAW 264.7 macrophages. ..
- Tsai C, Chen T, Lin Y, Wang Y, Chang W, Hsu K, et al. Ce3+:YAG double-clad crystal-fiber-based optical coherence tomography on fish cornea. Opt Lett. 2010;35:811-3 pubmed publisher..As a demonstration, an Aplocheilus lineatus goldfish was experimented on to map out the stroma of its cornea. This visible-light-based OCT can be utilized for industrial inspection as well as ocular applications. ..
- Chuang Y, Chuang W, Huang S, Liu C, Huang C. Atorvastatin ameliorates tissue damage of obstructed ureter in rats. Life Sci. 2011;89:795-805 pubmed publisher..We concluded that atorvastatin might ameliorate the tissue damage of obstructed ureters, at least partially, via the inhibition on TGF-?1) expression and by diminishing the effects of pro-inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Wang H, Liu C, Tsai T, Chen Y, Chang H, Tsai C, et al. Effect of obesity reduction on preservation of heart function and attenuation of left ventricular remodeling, oxidative stress and inflammation in obese mice. J Transl Med. 2012;10:145 pubmed publisher..001). Impaired LVEF, enhanced LV remodeling, inflammation, fibrosis, oxidative stress and apoptosis were reversed by reduction in mouse obesity. ..
- Chiang C, Chen Y, Lu J, Hsiao Y, Chang C, Huang P, et al. Synaptotagmin I regulates patterned spontaneous activity in the developing rat retina via calcium binding to the C2AB domains. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47465 pubmed publisher..Hence, modulating the releasing machinery in presynaptic neurons (SACs) alters wave dynamics. ..
- Tai C, Su J, Huang C, Huang M, Wen Z, Dai C, et al. Cytotoxic and anti-inflammatory eunicellin-based diterpenoids from the soft coral Cladiella krempfi. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:788-99 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, compounds 6 and 10 could potently inhibit the accumulation of the pro-inflammatory iNOS protein, and 6 and 12 could significantly reduce the expression of COX-2 protein in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophage cells...
- Chen Y, Liang C, Chen C, Chen J, Chang Y, Lu D, et al. Silibinin inhibits myofibroblast transdifferentiation in human tenon fibroblasts and reduces fibrosis in a rabbit trabeculectomy model. Acta Ophthalmol. 2013;91:e506-15 pubmed publisher..To investigate the effect of silibinin in myofibroblast transdifferentiation and in animal trabeculectomy models...
- Fang Y, Yang S, Lee C, Aljuffali I, Kao H, Fang J. What is the discrepancy between drug permeation into/across intact and diseased skins? Atopic dermatitis as a model. Int J Pharm. 2016;497:277-86 pubmed publisher..The results obtained from this report were advantageous for showing how the lesional skin influenced percutaneous absorption. ..
- Zhao X, Tsao Y, Lee F, Tsai W, Wang C, Chuang T, et al. Optical fiber sensor based on surface plasmon resonance for rapid detection of avian influenza virus subtype H6: Initial studies. J Virol Methods. 2016;233:15-22 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the optical fiber sensor can be used for epidemiological surveillance and diagnosing of avian influenza subtype H6 rapidly. ..
- Mwangi J, Lee W, Wang L, Sung P, Fang L, Lee Y, et al. Persistent organic pollutants in the Antarctic coastal environment and their bioaccumulation in penguins. Environ Pollut. 2016;216:924-934 pubmed publisher..5 because larger molecular sizes inhibited transfer across cell membranes. ..
- Hung M, Chen K. Reprogramming the oncogenic response: SET protein as a potential therapeutic target in cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:685-694 pubmed publisher..However, more studies are required to clarify the best strategy to combine SET antagonists with other anti-cancer treatments and to explore possible biomarkers that predict responsiveness. ..
- Ko T, Chen Y, Robinson H, Tsai P, Gao Y, Chen A, et al. Mechanism of product chain length determination and the role of a flexible loop in Escherichia coli undecaprenyl-pyrophosphate synthase catalysis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47474-82 pubmed publisher..The loop may function to bridge the interaction of IPP with FPP, needed to initiate the condensation reaction and serve as a hinge to control the substrate binding and product release...
- Liang P, Ko T, Wang A. Structure, mechanism and function of prenyltransferases. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3339-54 pubmed..For the enzymes involved in cyclic terpene biosynthesis, the structures and mechanisms of squalene cyclase, 5-epi-aristolochene synthase, pentalenene synthase, and trichodiene synthase are summarized. ..
- Wu C, Hung C, Chang F, Pau K, Wang J, Wang P. Involvement of cholecystokinin receptor in the inhibition of gastric emptying by oxytocin in male rats. Pflugers Arch. 2002;445:187-93 pubmed..These results suggest that OT inhibits gastric emptying in male rats via a mechanism involving CCK stimulation and CCKA receptor activation. ..
- Lu M, Lin C. Involvement of the terminus of grouper betanodavirus capsid protein in virus-like particle assembly. Arch Virol. 2003;148:345-55 pubmed..The ability of VLP formation diminished when 4 to 11 C-terminal residues were deleted. The termini that can be deleted without seriously destructing the VLPs are 25 and 3 residues at N- and C-termini, respectively...
- Teng S, Chen Y, Su Y, Chou P, Chiang Y, Tseng S, et al. Direct activation of HSP90A transcription by c-Myc contributes to c-Myc-induced transformation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14649-55 pubmed..These results indicate that by induction of HSP90A c-Myc may control the activity of multiple signal pathways involved in cellular transformation. ..
- Huang K, Shen C, Chiang C, Hsieh Y, Fu E. Effects of bone morphogenetic protein-6 on periodontal wound healing in a fenestration defect of rats. J Periodontal Res. 2005;40:1-10 pubmed..An increase in new bone and cementum formation was noted after applying a synthetic BMP-6 polypeptide to a periodontal fenestration defect in rats. Therefore, we suggest that BMP-6 may play a certain role in periodontal regeneration. ..
- Chou A, Yang L, Wu P, Wong W, Liu G, Chen J, et al. Intrathecal gene delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor ameliorated paraplegia in rats after spinal ischemia. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;133:198-207 pubmed..In conclusion, GDNF gene transfer confers protection to the neuronal cells and synapses networks, thereby alleviated the paraplegia due to spinal ischemia. ..
- Hsia S, Yeh C, Kuo Y, Wang P, Chiang W. Effects of adlay (Coix lachryma-jobi L. var. ma-yuen Stapf.) hull extracts on the secretion of progesterone and estradiol in vivo and in vitro. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007;232:1181-94 pubmed..These results suggest that AHM decreased the production of progesterone via mechanisms involving the inhibition of the cAMP pathway, enzyme activities, and the protein expressions of P450scc and StAR in rat GCs...
- Lin T, Huang L, Huang Y, Chen G, Wang J. Neonatal status epilepticus alters prefrontal-striatal circuitry and enhances methamphetamine-induced behavioral sensitization in adolescence. Epilepsy Behav. 2009;14:316-23 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest NeoSE affects both dopaminergic and glutamatergic systems in the prefrontal-striatal circuitry that manifests as enhanced behavioral sensitization to MA in adolescence. ..
- Ku H, Wu C, Rabinow L, Chen G, Meng T. Organization of F-actin via concerted regulation of Kette by PTP61F and dAbl. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3623-32 pubmed publisher..Our results establish for the first time that PTP61F and dAbl ensure proper actin organization through the coordinated and reversible tyrosine phosphorylation of Kette. ..
- Weng L, Wang C, Ko J, Sun Y, Wang F. Control of Dkk-1 ameliorates chondrocyte apoptosis, cartilage destruction, and subchondral bone deterioration in osteoarthritic knees. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1393-402 pubmed publisher..Interference with the cartilage- and bone-deleterious actions of Dkk-1 provides therapeutic potential for alleviating cartilage destruction and subchondral bone damage in OA knee joints. ..
- Shen H, Tam M, Huang C, Chou H, Tai H, Chen Y, et al. Homology modeling and monoclonal antibody binding of the Der f 7 dust mite allergen. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011;89:225-30 pubmed publisher..The properties of Der f 7 that can be deduced from the model provide avenues for further characterizing these allergens, their IgE binding structures and biological properties that can enhance allergenicity...
- Chen L, Chiou G, Chen Y, Li H, Chiou S. MicroRNA and aging: a novel modulator in regulating the aging network. Ageing Res Rev. 2010;9 Suppl 1:S59-66 pubmed publisher..In this review article, we focus our attention on miRNA targets in conserved pathways involved in organism aging and aging networks, as well as cellular senescence. ..
- Lin J, Chang F, Fung C, Yeh K, Chen C, Tsai Y, et al. Do neutrophils play a role in establishing liver abscesses and distant metastases caused by Klebsiella pneumoniae?. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15005 pubmed publisher..Thus, neutrophils play a role as a vehicle for helping K. pneumoniae and contributing to the establishment of liver abscess and distant metastatic complications...
- Chen C, Shyue S, Ching L, Su K, Wu Y, Kou Y, et al. Wogonin promotes cholesterol efflux by increasing protein phosphatase 2B-dependent dephosphorylation at ATP-binding cassette transporter-A1 in macrophages. J Nutr Biochem. 2011;22:1015-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, wogonin increases the protein stability of ABCA1 via PP2B-mediated dephosphorylation, thus leading to reduced cholesterol accumulation in macrophage foam cells. ..
- Wu C, Buszard B, Teng C, Chen W, Warr C, Tiganis T, et al. Dock/Nck facilitates PTP61F/PTP1B regulation of insulin signalling. Biochem J. 2011;439:151-9 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal for the first time that the adaptor protein Dock/Nck attenuates insulin signalling by recruiting PTP61F/PTP1B to its substrate, the IR. ..
- Liang C, Lu K, Liliang P, Chen T, Chan S, Chen H. Ischemic preconditioning ameliorates spinal cord ischemia-reperfusion injury by triggering autoregulation. J Vasc Surg. 2012;55:1116-23 pubmed publisher..This concept may be the new therapeutic targets in patients requiring aortic surgery. ..
- Wang L, Wang S, Hsu S. Functional characterization of mammalian Wntless homolog in mammalian system. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2012;28:355-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Wntless plays a role in signaling regulation during the formation of cancer in addition to its role as a retromer protein in mammalian systems. ..
- Lin I, Yen C, Liao Y, Lin S, Ma H, Chan Y, et al. Identification of FKBP11 as a biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:2763-9 pubmed..05). These results suggest a progressively elevated expression of FKBP11 during the development of HCC and FKBP11 has the potential to be an early marker for HCC. ..
- Fang H, Hsu C, Chao C, Wen Z, Wu Y, Dai C, et al. Cytotoxic and anti-inflammatory metabolites from the soft coral Scleronephthya gracillimum. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:1853-65 pubmed publisher..7 macrophage cells. ..
- Liao T, Hsu W, Ho C, Hwang W, Lan H, Lo T, et al. let-7 Modulates Chromatin Configuration and Target Gene Repression through Regulation of the ARID3B Complex. Cell Rep. 2016;14:520-533 pubmed publisher..These results highlight a chromatin-dependent mechanism where let-7 regulates cancer stemness through ARID3B. ..
- Fan C, Ting C, Lin C, Chan H, Chang Y, Chen Y, et al. Noninvasive, Targeted, and Non-Viral Ultrasound-Mediated GDNF-Plasmid Delivery for Treatment of Parkinson's Disease. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19579 pubmed publisher..This study explores the potential of using FUS and bubble-gene complexes to achieve noninvasive and targeted gene delivery for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Lu Y, Cheng C, Tsai C, Lin Y, Lee T, Chen Y, et al. Discrepant effects of heart failure on electrophysiological property in right ventricular outflow tract and left ventricular outflow tract cardiomyocytes. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1317-1327 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RVOT and LVOT cardiomyocytes had distinctive electrophysiological characteristics. HF differentially modulates action potential morphology and ionic currents in RVOT and LVOT cardiomyocytes. ..
- Chen Y, Hung M, Chu P, Chao T, Tsai M, Chen L, et al. Protein phosphatase 5 promotes hepatocarcinogenesis through interaction with AMP-activated protein kinase. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:49-60 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results establish a pathological function of PP5 in hepatocarcinogenesis via affecting AMPK signaling and suggest that PP5 inhibition is an attractive therapeutic approach for HCC. ..
- Chang C, Hsu C, Lee A, Wang S, Lin K, Chang W, et al. 4-Acetylantroquinonol B inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine release and alleviates sepsis through of MAPK and NFÎºB suppression. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:108 pubmed publisher..These results showed that 4AAQB exhibited anti-inflammatory property both in vitro and in vivo, suggesting that 4AAQB may be a therapeutic candidate which used in inflammatory disorders treatment. ..
- Liu P, Lin Y, Kao L. Caffeine-sensitive calcium stores in bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. J Neurochem. 1991;56:172-7 pubmed..The effect of caffeine on [Ca2+]i is not due to inhibition of phosphodiesterase. Our results support a Ca2+ entry model in which depletion of intracellular Ca2+ pools controls the rate of Ca2+ entry across the plasma membrane. ..
- Sun Y, Chou C, Chen W, Wu R, Meng M, Hsiao C. The crystal structure of a multifunctional protein: phosphoglucose isomerase/autocrine motility factor/neuroleukin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5412-7 pubmed..In addition, the structure provides evidence suggesting that the top part of the large domain together with one of the protruding loops might participate in inducing the neurotrophic activity. ..
- Chuu J, Hsu C, Lin Shiau S. Abnormal auditory brainstem responses for mice treated with mercurial compounds: involvement of excessive nitric oxide. Toxicology. 2001;162:11-22 pubmed
- Lin W, Shen B, Tsay Y, Yen H, Lee S, Chang C. Transcriptional activation of C/EBPbeta gene by c-Jun and ATF2. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:551-60 pubmed..During acute phase response, the phosphorylation of c-Jun and ATF2 was found to correlate with C/EBPbeta gene expression. Taken together, our results provide the evidences that both c-Jun and ATF2 are the regulators of C/EBPbeta gene. ..
- Shyu H, Hsu S, Hsieh Li H, Li H. Forced expression of RNF36 induces cell apoptosis. Exp Cell Res. 2003;287:301-13 pubmed..These results suggest that RNF36 may interact with PML and induce cell apoptosis. We suspect that RNF36 may play a role in germ cell homeostasis during spermatogenesis. ..
- Chi K, Wang H, Wang Y, Chou S, Yu H, Tseng Y, et al. Antisense thymidylate synthase electrogene transfer to increase uptake of radiolabeled iododeoxyuridine in a murine model. J Nucl Med. 2004;45:478-84 pubmed..We designed an in vivo electrogene transfer (EGT) model for delivering antisense TS plasmid (ATS) into tumor to increase the subsequent efficacy of (131)I-IdUrd therapy...
- Chan J, Chan S, Li F, Tsai C, Cheng H, Chang A. Phasic cardiovascular responses to mevinphos are mediated through differential activation of cGMP/PKG cascade and peroxynitrite via nitric oxide generated in the rat rostral ventrolateral medulla by NOS I and II isoforms. Neuropharmacology. 2005;48:161-72 pubmed..We conclude that sGC/cGMP/PKG cascade and peroxynitrite formation may participate in Mev-induced phasic cardiovascular responses as signals downstream to NO generated respectively by NOS I and II in the RVLM. ..
- Yang C, Yu C, Chuang H, Chang C, Chang G, Yao T, et al. FBW2 targets GCMa to the ubiquitin-proteasome degradation system. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10083-90 pubmed..Our study identifies the SCF(hFBW2) E3 complex as the key machinery that targets hGCMa to the ubiquitin-proteasome degradation system. ..
- Huang J, Chen C, Chuang N. Trap RACK1 with Ras to mobilize Src signaling at syndecan-2/p120-GAP upon transformation with oncogenic ras. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:1087-94 pubmed
- Sun J, Chuang Kung J, Wang C, Chen S, Shyu B. Short-term facilitation in the anterior cingulate cortex following stimulation of the medial thalamus in the rat. Brain Res. 2006;1097:101-15 pubmed..The short-term facilitation occurred in the middle layers and expanded to the deeper layers of the ACC. These changes may mediate the effective signal transference in the specific frequency associated with painful responses. ..
- Chang H, Cho C, Hung W. Silencing of the metastasis suppressor RECK by RAS oncogene is mediated by DNA methyltransferase 3b-induced promoter methylation. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8413-20 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that RAS oncogene induces RECK gene silencing through DNMT3b-mediated promoter methylation, and DNMT inhibitors may be useful for the treatment of RAS-induced metastasis. ..
- Liang P, Shyur S, Huang L, Wen D, Chiang Y, Lin M, et al. Risk factors and characteristics of early-onset asthma in Taiwanese children. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2006;39:414-21 pubmed..A history of asthma or urticaria in a sibling is a risk factor for early-onset asthma. A greater prevalence of food allergen sensitization and high eosinophil counts are characteristic of early-onset disease. ..
- Su L, Lee G, Huang Y, Chen Y, Sun C. Neomycin and puromycin affect gene expression in Giardia lamblia stable transfection. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;156:124-35 pubmed..Our results indicate that transfection and drug selection, per se, can alter expression of genes involved in metabolism, protein folding, and differentiation status in Giardia. ..
- Ahmed A, Wen Z, Su J, Hsieh Y, Wu Y, Hu W, et al. Oxygenated cembranoids from a Formosan soft coral Sinularia gibberosa. J Nat Prod. 2008;71:179-85 pubmed publisher..None of these compounds were found to be cytotoxic toward a limited panel of cancer cell lines. Compound 1 significantly inhibited the accumulation of the pro-inflammatory COX-2 protein of the LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophage cells. ..
- Yen P, Chen B, Yang F, Lu Y. Effects of deep-frying oil on blood pressure and oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive and normotensive rats. Nutrition. 2010;26:331-6 pubmed publisher..The ingestion of deep-frying oil seemed not to influence blood pressure or its related parameters, but altered eicosanoid metabolism and elevated oxidative stress in SHR and WKY rats. ..
- Huang C, Lin W, Chang C, Choo K. Transcription of the rat testis-specific Rtdpoz-T1 and -T2 retrogenes during embryo development: co-transcription and frequent exonisation of transposable element sequences. BMC Mol Biol. 2009;10:74 pubmed publisher..Exonisation of TE sequences is a frequent event in the transcription of retrogenes during embryonic development and in the testis and may contribute to post-transcriptional regulation of expression of retrogenes. ..
- Lin C, Chen K, Yang C, Cheng J, Sheen Chen S, Wu C, et al. Sonoporation-mediated gene transfer into adult rat dorsal root ganglion cells. J Biomed Sci. 2010;17:44 pubmed publisher..Sonoporation can be optimized to minimize cell death and yield a high percentage of transfected neurons and that this technique can be easily applied to primary cultures of rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. ..
- Lin Y, Leu S, Sun C, Yen C, Kao Y, Chang L, et al. Early combined treatment with sildenafil and adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells preserves heart function in rat dilated cardiomyopathy. J Transl Med. 2010;8:88 pubmed publisher..003). Early combined ADMSC/sildenafil is superior to either treatment alone in preserving LV function. ..
- Tsuang Y, Liao L, Chao Y, Sun J, Cheng C, Chen M, et al. Effects of low intensity pulsed ultrasound on rat Schwann cells metabolism. Artif Organs. 2011;35:373-83 pubmed publisher..The low intensity pulsed ultrasound stimulation to an injured nerve site could be applied as early as possible especially when the microenvironment is almost serum-free to obtain the most benefit. ..
- Cheng I, Lin Y, Hwang E, Huang H, Chang W, Liu Y, et al. Collagen VI protects against neuronal apoptosis elicited by ultraviolet irradiation via an Akt/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling pathway. Neuroscience. 2011;183:178-88 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested a potential protective mechanism by which neurons up-regulate collagen VI production under stress conditions to activate Akt/PI3K anti-apoptotic signaling pathway. ..
- Tseng M, Chung P, Tzean S. Enhancing the stress tolerance and virulence of an entomopathogen by metabolic engineering of dihydroxynaphthalene melanin biosynthesis genes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:4508-19 pubmed publisher..The possible mechanisms in enhancing the stress tolerance and virulence, and the significance and potential for engineering melanin biosynthesis genes in other biocontrol agents and crops to improve antistress fitness are discussed. ..
- Chen J, Huang T, Peng H, Chen W, Tseng W. Proton resonance frequency shift-weighted imaging for monitoring MR-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound transmissions. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011;33:1474-81 pubmed publisher..Although the images do not provide quantitative data related to temperature, this method could be used as a complement to the phase temperature mapping method in the real-time monitoring of MRIgFUS experiments. ..
- Wang T, Wang H, Lin C, Chen T, Chang C, Chen C, et al. Simulating a target lesion for endoscopic submucosal dissection training in an ex vivo pig model. Gastrointest Endosc. 2011;74:398-402 pubmed publisher..It allows trainees to practice how to make proper markings, delineate adequate safety margins, and properly manage different subtypes of early gastric cancer. ..
- Chuang T, Chen F, Chen Y. Position-dependent correlations between DNA methylation and the evolutionary rates of mammalian coding exons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15841-6 pubmed..The first exons appear more prone to the mutagenic effects, whereas the other exons are more influenced by the regulatory effects of DNA methylation. ..
- Hsu F, Huang C, Chen Y, Yen Y, Wu C, Uang B, et al. Antidiabetic effects of pterosin A, a small-molecular-weight natural product, on diabetic mouse models. Diabetes. 2013;62:628-38 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that pterosin A may be a potential therapeutic option for diabetes. ..
- Lee T, Tsai C, Hsieh T, Chen J, Wang Y, Kao M, et al. Ectopic pregnancy-derived human trophoblastic stem cells regenerate dopaminergic nigrostriatal pathway to treat parkinsonian rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52491 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the hTS cell is a dynamic stem cell platform that is potentially suitable for use in disease models, drug discovery, and cell therapy such as PD. ..
- Lan W, Tzeng C, Lin C, Yen F, Ko H. Prenylated flavonoids from Artocarpus altilis: antioxidant activities and inhibitory effects on melanin production. Phytochemistry. 2013;89:78-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flavonoids isolated from A. altilis may be candidate antioxidants and/or skin-whitening agents. However, further investigations are required to determine their mechanisms of action...
- Pan H, Lai D, Lan K, Shen C, Wu S, Chiu C, et al. Honokiol thwarts gastric tumor growth and peritoneal dissemination by inhibiting Tpl2 in an orthotopic model. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2568-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the therapeutic inhibition of Tpl2 by Honokiol thwarts both gastric tumor growth and peritoneal dissemination by inducing ER stress and inhibiting EMT. ..
- Wu G, Wang W, Lin Y, Liu S, Chen R. Oxidative stress-induced apoptotic insults to rat osteoblasts are attenuated by nitric oxide pretreatment via GATA-5-involved regulation of Bcl-X L gene expression and protein translocation. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:905-16 pubmed publisher..The protective mechanisms are mediated by GATA-5-mediated transcriptional induction of Bcl-X L gene, and translocational modulation of Bcl-XL and Bax proteins. ..
- Tsai P, Huang W, Hsieh M, Sung P, Kuo Y, Wu W. Flavones Isolated from Scutellariae radix Suppress Propionibacterium Acnes-Induced Cytokine Production In Vitro and In Vivo. Molecules. 2015;21:E15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that all the seven flavones can be potential therapeutic agents against P. acnes-induced skin inflammation. ..
- Lin T, Lai H, Kao Y, Sun C, Hwang M, Chern Y. Protein kinase C inhibits type VI adenylyl cyclase by phosphorylating the regulatory N domain and two catalytic C1 and C2 domains. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15721-8 pubmed..Phosphorylation of this regulatory complex at different sites might induce a fine-tuning of the catalytic core complex and subsequently lead to alternation in the catalytic activity of ACVI. ..
- Chang S, Chang C, Chiang Y, Hsieh R, Tzeng C, Wu T, et al. Polyacetylenic compounds and butanol fraction from Bidens pilosa can modulate the differentiation of helper T cells and prevent autoimmune diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice. Planta Med. 2004;70:1045-51 pubmed..In summary, the butanol fraction of B. pilosa and its polyacetylenes can prevent diabetes plausibly via suppressing the differentiation of Th0 cells into Th1 cells and promoting that of Th0 cells into Th2 cells. ..
- Hung J, Hsu Y, Ni W, Tsai Y, Yang C, Kuo P, et al. Oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stress signaling are involved in dehydrocostuslactone-mediated apoptosis in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer. 2010;68:355-65 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that DHE may be a novel anticancer agent for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Lin S, Yeh J, Chen C, Chou S, Tsai Y. Effects of local lidocaine treatment before and after median nerve injury on mechanical hypersensitivity and microglia activation in rat cuneate nucleus. Eur J Pain. 2011;15:359-67 pubmed publisher..High-concentration lidocaine was effective in decreasing microglia activation in the CN and in attenuating neuropathic pain sensations at the early stage following nerve injury, when microglia had not yet been activated...
- Shy C, Chao H, Lin D, Gou Y, Chuang C, Chuang K, et al. An AhR-Luciferase Adenovirus Infection System for Rapid Screening of Dioxins in Soils. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2016;96:192-6 pubmed publisher..When surveyed in contaminated soil samples (n = 114) from industrial areas by the Ad-DR bioassay, dioxin levels were 117, 102, 98.5, and 112 ng BEQ/kg dw, respectively, in northern, central, southern, and eastern Taiwan. ..
- Li S, Wang F, Yang Y, Tiao M, Chuang J, Huang Y. Microarray Study of Pathway Analysis Expression Profile Associated with MicroRNA-29a with Regard to Murine Cholestatic Liver Injuries. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:324 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the protective effects of miR-29a correlate with the downregulation of TGF-Î² and associated with Wnt/Î²-catenin signal pathway following BDL. ..
- Tien A, Hsei H, Chien C. Dynamic expression and cellular localization of the drosophila 14-3-3epsilon during embryonic development. Mech Dev. 1999;81:209-12 pubmed..During neuronal differentiation, the d14-3-3epsilon protein remained at a high level in the neuronal cytoplasm. ..
- Lee M, Stephenson D. Recent developments in neurofibromatosis type 1. Curr Opin Neurol. 2007;20:135-41 pubmed..Recent advances in the clinical features and molecular genetics of NF1 will be discussed together with insights into the underlying pathomechanisms of NF1. ..
- Chung L, Yang T, Huang H, Hsu S, Cheng H, Huang P. Semaphorin signaling facilitates cleft formation in the developing salivary gland. Development. 2007;134:2935-45 pubmed..Instead, the semaphorin signals act locally on the epithelial cells to facilitate SMG cleft formation. ..
- Wu C, Sheu M, Tsai K, Chiang C, Liu S. Salubrinal, an eIF2? dephosphorylation inhibitor, enhances cisplatin-induced oxidative stress and nephrotoxicity in a mouse model. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:671-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that salubrinal aggravates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity through the enhancement of oxidative stress and ER stress-related cell apoptosis. ..
- Lian W, Hsiao H, Chou C. Viability of microencapsulated bifidobacteria in simulated gastric juice and bile solution. Int J Food Microbiol. 2003;86:293-301 pubmed..0 or 2.0% bile solution. Moreover, it was also observed that the protective effect exerted by encapsulation with spray drying varied with the carriers used and the strains of bifidobacteria...
- Chang M, Huang C, Hwang S, Lu I, Lin C, Kuo T, et al. Zebrafish heparin-binding neurotrophic factor enhances neurite outgrowth during its development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:502-9 pubmed..In addition, zebrafish HBNF was able to enhance extensive neurite outgrowth in zebrafish embryos during embryogenesis. In summary, a feasible in vivo assay for neurite outgrowth was established in zebrafish. ..
- Cheng S, Chang H, Wu C, Chang S. Anti-termitic activities of essential oils from coniferous trees against Coptotermes formosanus. Bioresour Technol. 2007;98:456-9 pubmed..formosana killed all termites after 1 d of test, with an LC(50) value of 2.6 mg/g, exhibiting the strongest termiticidal property. The termiticidal effect of heartwood essential oil was due to its toxicity and its repellent action. ..