Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Poland
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- Ryng S, Zimecki M, Maczyński M, Chodaczek G, Kocieba M. Immunosuppressive activity of an isoxazolo[5,4-e]triazepine--compound RM33. I. Effects on the humoral and cellular immune response in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2005;57:195-202 pubmed..In summary, the presented results revealed immunosuppressive properties of RM33, which could be associated with its selective interference with co-stimulatory signals provided by adjuvant at initiation of the immune response. ..
- Pałecz D, Komuński R, Gabryelak T. Na+K+-ATPase activity as a biomarker of toxaphene toxicity in Unio tumidus. Toxicol In Vitro. 2005;19:707-12 pubmed..The Lineweaver-Burk plots for microsomal Na+K+-ATPase in the presence or the absence of toxaphene as an inhibitor indicated a competitive type of inhibition. ..
- Ksiazkiewicz L. Recent achievements in in vitro culture and preservation of ovarian follicles in mammals. Reprod Biol. 2006;6:3-16 pubmed
- Filip M, Frankowska M, Gołda A, Zaniewska M, Vetulani J, Przegalinski E. Various GABA-mimetic drugs differently affect cocaine-evoked hyperlocomotion and sensitization. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;541:163-70 pubmed..The finding that vigabatrin protected against the development and the expression of cocaine sensitization further supports its therapeutic potential in the treatment of cocaine dependence. ..
- Łapot M, Ciechanowska M, Malewski T, Misztal T, Mateusiak K, Przekop F. The effect of stress on the expression of GnRH and GnRH receptor genes in the discrete regions of the hypothalamus and pituitary of anestrous ewes. Reprod Biol. 2007;7:55-71 pubmed..It is suggested that the increase of expression of GnRH and GnRH-R genes in anestrous ewes are not directly related to GnRH level and GnRH-R activity. ..
- Wieronska J, Legutko B, Dudys D, Pilc A. Olfactory bulbectomy and amitriptyline treatment influences mGlu receptors expression in the mouse brain hippocampus. Pharmacol Rep. 2008;60:844-55 pubmed..The results obtained indicate an influence of OB on mGlu receptors levels in the hippocampus, and the OB-induced effect can be reversed by chronic AMI treatment in the case of mGlu1a, mGlu2/3 and mGlu7 receptors. ..
- Gajewska M, Sobolewska A, Kozlowski M, Motyl T. Role of autophagy in mammary gland development. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;59 Suppl 9:237-49 pubmed..There are also evidences of involvement of Atg's in epithelial tumors development. Context dependent manipulations of autophagic pathways may create more effective anticancer therapies in the future. ..
- Matowicka Karna J, Dymicka Piekarska V, Kemona H. Does Toxoplasma gondii infection affect the levels of IgE and cytokines (IL-5, IL-6, IL-10, IL-12, and TNF-alpha)?. Clin Dev Immunol. 2009;2009:374696 pubmed publisher..The study has revealed that patients infected with T. gondii show increased production of the humoral response cytokines, whereas the generation of the cell response cytokines remains unchanged. ..
- Pi rkowska K, Tyra M, Rogoz M, Ropka Molik K, Oczkowicz M, R zycki M. Association of the melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) with feed intake, growth, fatness and carcass composition in pigs raised in Poland. Meat Sci. 2010;85:297-301 pubmed publisher..52cm in PL, P<0.01) and decreased lean meat content (total weight of ham was 0.5kg greater in G/G than in A/A Pu?awska animals). We obtained an unexpected result for IMF: higher percentage of IMF was observed in the G/G genotype...
- RomaÅ„ski K. Analysis of the excitatory motor response evoked by nicotinic and muscarinic blockade of ovine small bowel. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:292-303 pubmed..e., phase 3-like activity and RE of different intensity, duration, and repeatability in fasted and non-fasted sheep. These stimulatory effects may resemble unorganized phases of the MMC. ..
- KociÄ‡ I, Racek KrÃ³l B, Wapniarska I, Rusiecka I, Wasilewski R, Bitel M. Antiplatelet effect of statins is augmented in diabetic rabbits. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:410-3 pubmed..Our results indicate that diabetes increases the rate of platelet aggregation in rabbits and increases antiplatelet efficacy of statins due to interactions with leptin. ..
- Hauschild T, Sliżewski P, Masiewicz P. Species distribution of staphylococci from small wild mammals. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2010;33:457-60 pubmed publisher..More than 90% of the 55 S. succinus strains isolated belonged to S. succinus subsp. casei and only 9% to S. succinus subsp. succinus. Moreover, the present study describes the first ever isolation of S. fleurettii from healthy animals...
- Gregoraszczuk E, Ptak A, Rak Mardyła A, Falandysz J. Differential accumulation of HCBz and PeCBz in porcine ovarian follicles and their opposing actions on steroid secretion and CYP11, CYP17, 17?-HSD and CYP19 protein expression. A tissue culture approach. Reprod Toxicol. 2011;31:494-9 pubmed publisher..As one of the mechanisms of action, we propose modulation of steroidogenic enzymes expression. ..
- Lukaszewska J, Allison R, Stepkowska J. Congenital Pelger-Huët anomaly in a Danish/Swedish Farmdog: case report. Acta Vet Scand. 2011;53:14 pubmed publisher..To the authors' knowledge this is the first report of PHA in a Danish/Swedish Farmdog. ..
- Gundermann K, KUENKER A, Kuntz E, DroÅºdzik M. Activity of essential phospholipids (EPL) from soybean in liver diseases. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:643-59 pubmed..EPL-related relevant side effects were not observed. ..
- Wielgat P, Braszko J. Significance of the cell adhesion molecules and sialic acid in neurodegeneration. Adv Med Sci. 2012;57:23-30 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms protect from excitotoxic damage and promote dendritic/spine re-growth. This review briefly focuses on the expression and role of PSA-NCAM in neurodegenerative diseases and its potential application in therapy. ..
- RogÃ³Å¼ Z. Effect of co-treatment with mirtazapine and risperidone in animal models of the positive symptoms of schizophrenia in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1567-72 pubmed..Further studies are necessary to elucidate its mechanism of action. ..
- Radzijevskaja J, Paulauskas A, Aleksandravičienė A, Jonauskaite I, Stanko M, Karbowiak G, et al. New records of spotted fever group rickettsiae in Baltic region. Microbes Infect. 2015;17:874-8 pubmed publisher..6%. Our study is the first demonstration of the presence of R. raoultii in D. reticulatus ticks in the Baltic countries and R. helvetica in questing I. ricinus ticks in Lithuania. ..
- Tamschick S, Rozenblut Kościsty B, Ogielska M, Lehmann A, Lymberakis P, Hoffmann F, et al. Impaired gonadal and somatic development corroborate vulnerability differences to the synthetic estrogen ethinylestradiol among deeply diverged anuran lineages. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:503-14 pubmed publisher..The inter-species variation in developmental EE2-effects corroborates species-specific vulnerability differences towards EDCs between deeply diverged amphibian groups. ..
- Gburek J, Verroust P, Willnow T, Fyfe J, Nowacki W, Jacobsen C, et al. Megalin and cubilin are endocytic receptors involved in renal clearance of hemoglobin. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002;13:423-30 pubmed..The findings may prove to be essential for further research on the pathophysiology of hemoglobinuric acute renal failure and proteinuria-associated tubulointerstitial nephritis. ..
- Walczak A, Antosiewicz J. Langevin dynamics of proteins at constant pH. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2002;66:051911 pubmed..Possible improvements of this methodology, using achievements from other fields of mesoscopic biomolecular simulations, are also discussed. ..
- Hendrich A, Michalak K. Lipids as a target for drugs modulating multidrug resistance of cancer cells. Curr Drug Targets. 2003;4:23-30 pubmed..Some further consequences of the alteration of membrane state are also considered...
- Lipinski P, Starzynski R, Drapier J, Bouton C, Bartlomiejczyk T, Sochanowicz B, et al. Induction of iron regulatory protein 1 RNA-binding activity by nitric oxide is associated with a concomitant increase in the labile iron pool: implications for DNA damage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:349-55 pubmed..We demonstrate that the increase in LIP levels in response to chronic but not burst exposure of L5178Y cells to NO is associated with alterations in the expression of proteins involved in iron metabolism. ..
- Gryglewski R. Pharmacology of vascular endothelium. Delivered on 27 June 2004 at the 29th FEBS Congress in Warsaw. FEBS J. 2005;272:2956-67 pubmed..I tried to examine the validity of this conception according to the general rule: in vitro cognitio sed in vivo veritas. ..
- Wesołowska A, Nikiforuk A, Stachowicz K, Tatarczyńska E. Effect of the selective 5-HT7 receptor antagonist SB 269970 in animal models of anxiety and depression. Neuropharmacology. 2006;51:578-86 pubmed..In conclusion, the results of our studies indicate that 5-HT7 receptor antagonists may play a role in the therapy of both anxiety and depression. ..
- Milik E, Szczepanska Sadowska E, Cudnoch Jedrzejewska A, Dobruch J, Morton M, Koperski L. Upregulation of angiotensin AT1a receptors mRNA in the heart and renal medulla after myocardial infarction in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006;57:375-88 pubmed..The results provide evidence that the myocardial infarct results in significant and prolonged upregulation of AT1a receptors mRNA expression in the heart and in the medullary region of the kidney. ..
- Godlewski G, Schlicker E, Baranowska U, Malinowska B. Recruitment of functionally active heart beta2-adrenoceptors in the initial phase of endotoxic shock in pithed rats. Shock. 2006;26:510-5 pubmed..The pithed rat may serve as a model to examine the beta-adrenoceptor supersensitivity in vivo...
- Nawrot Porabka K, Jaworek J, Leja Szpak A, Szklarczyk J, Macko M, Kot M, et al. The effect of luminal ghrelin on pancreatic enzyme secretion in the rat. Regul Pept. 2007;143:56-63 pubmed..Activation of vagal reflexes and CCK release as well as central mechanisms could be implicated in the stimulatory effect of luminal ghrelin on the pancreatic exocrine functions. ..
- Zubrzycka M, Janecka A. Interactions of galanin with endomorphin-2, vasopressin and oxytocin in nociceptive modulation of the trigemino-hypoglossal reflex in rats. Physiol Res. 2008;57:769-76 pubmed..The present results demonstrate that in the orofacial area analgesic activity is modulated by GAL, OT and AVP and that EM-2-induced antinociception involves GAL. ..
- Barycka E. Malocclusion in a cave lion Panthera spelaea. J Vet Dent. 2007;24:172-3 pubmed
- Nowak M, Madej J, Dziegiel P. Correlation between MCM-3 protein expression and grade of malignancy in mammary adenocarcinomas and soft tissue fibrosarcomas in dogs. In Vivo. 2009;23:49-53 pubmed..52 for adenocarcinomas; p<0.05) between MCM-3 expression and grade of malignancy in the studied tumours. MCM-3 may provide a sensitive and useful marker of proliferative potential in various histological types of neoplastic tumours. ..
- Gluba A, Banach M, Mikhailidis D, Rysz J. Genetic determinants of cardiovascular disease: the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, paraoxonases, endothelin-1, nitric oxide synthase and adrenergic receptors. In Vivo. 2009;23:797-812 pubmed..The unravelling of genetic determinants of CAD may be the first step towards a better understanding of the pathological process involved, the early identification of those at risk and individualizing treatment. ..
- Filip M, Bader M. Overview on 5-HT receptors and their role in physiology and pathology of the central nervous system. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:761-77 pubmed..Additionally, we also introduce the recent knowledge about the 5-HT receptor ligands in preclinical research, clinical trials and as approved drugs. ..
- Noszczyk Nowak A, Nowak M, Paslawska U, Atamaniuk W, Nicpon J. Cases with manifestation of chemodectoma diagnosed in dogs in Department of Internal Diseases with Horses, Dogs and Cats Clinic, Veterinary Medicine Faculty, University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland. Acta Vet Scand. 2010;52:35 pubmed publisher..An immunohistochemical examination is vital for the diagnosis since it allows to differentiate histologically distinct types of neoplasia which may locate in the same site and may manifest a similar histological pattern. ..
- Jarzynska G, Falandysz J. Selenium and 17 other largely essential and toxic metals in muscle and organ meats of Red Deer (Cervus elaphus)--consequences to human health. Environ Int. 2011;37:882-8 pubmed publisher..When these are consumed by the Deer, the amount of Cd sequestered with metallothioneins and retained in the organ and muscle meat in this study is low enough to be considered safe for human consumption. ..
- Michalczyk M, Macura R, Tesarowicz I, Banaś J. Effect of adding essential oils of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) and hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis L.) on the shelf life of ground beef. Meat Sci. 2012;90:842-50 pubmed publisher..This indicates the limited effect of these essential oils in the concentrations applied on preserving vacuum-packed minced beef. ..
- Kiryk A, Mochol G, Filipkowski R, Wawrzyniak M, Lioudyno V, Knapska E, et al. Cognitive abilities of Alzheimer's disease transgenic mice are modulated by social context and circadian rhythm. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2011;8:883-92 pubmed..The novel approach to study the transgenic mice cognitive abilities presented in this paper offers new insight into cognitive dysfunctions of the Alzheimer's disease mouse model. ..
- Piechota PolaÅ„czyk A, GorÄ…ca A. Influence of specific endothelin-1 receptor blockers on hemodynamic parameters and antioxidant status of plasma in LPS-induced endotoxemia. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1434-41 pubmed..Blockage of ETA-R improved plasma antioxidant status and decreased lipid peroxidation and TNF-Î± production, but it deteriorated hemodynamic conditions. ..
- Adamska A, Kluczyk A, Cerlesi M, Calo G, Janecka A, Borics A. Synthesis, biological evaluation and structural analysis of novel peripherally active morphiceptin analogs. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1582-8 pubmed publisher..Docking studies and the comparison of results with the high resolution crystallographic structure of a MOR-agonist complex revealed possible structure-activity relationships of this compound family. ..
- Obniska J, Rapacz A, Rybka S, GÃ³ra M, KamiÅ„ski K, SaÅ‚at K, et al. Synthesis, and anticonvulsant activity of new amides derived from 3-methyl- or 3-ethyl-3-methyl-2,5-dioxo-pyrrolidin-1-yl-acetic acids. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1598-607 pubmed publisher..Several molecules showed antinociceptive and local anesthetic properties. The in vitro radioligand binding studies demonstrated that the influence on the sodium and calcium channels may be one of the essential mechanisms of action. ..
- Pawełczak K, Makowski M, Kempny M, Dzik J, Gołos B, Rode W, et al. Sulfamide antifolates inhibiting thymidylate synthase: synthesis, enzyme inhibition and cytotoxicity. Acta Biochim Pol. 2002;49:407-20 pubmed..Substitution of the glutamyl residue in compound 4 with L-norvaline (9) resulted in only a 5-fold stronger thymidylate synthase inhibitor, but a 40-fold weaker cell growth inhibitor. ..
- Gebicka L, Didik J. Catalytic scavenging of peroxynitrite by catalase. J Inorg Biochem. 2009;103:1375-9 pubmed publisher..The possible reaction mechanisms of the decay of peroxynitrite catalyzed by catalase and physiological relevance of this reaction are discussed. ..
- Tokarski K, Kusek M, Hess G. 5-HT7 receptors modulate GABAergic transmission in rat hippocampal CA1 area. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;62:535-40 pubmed..The second effect, most likely related to the activation of 5-HT(7) receptors located on interneurons, results in an enhancement of the release of GABA. ..
- Handzlik J, Bajda M, Zygmunt M, Maciag D, Dybała M, Bednarski M, et al. Antiarrhythmic properties of phenylpiperazine derivatives of phenytoin with ??-adrenoceptor affinities. Bioorg Med Chem. 2012;20:2290-303 pubmed publisher..92, p <0.005). Influence of the examined phenylpiperazine hydantoin derivatives on hERG K(+) channel, predicted by means of in silico methods, suggested their hERG K(+)-blocking properties. ..
- Maleszka A, Smolinska N, Nitkiewicz A, Kiezun M, Chojnowska K, Dobrzyn K, et al. Expression of orexin A and B in the porcine hypothalamus during the oestrous cycle. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013;64:55-63 pubmed..Our findings also suggest that orexins may affect reproductive functions at the highest level of the hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..
- ÅšwiÄ…der M, Åuszczki J, Paruszewski R, ÅšwiÄ…der K, Turski W. Protective action of nicotinic acid benzylamide in a variety of chemically-induced seizures in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2016;68:297-300 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Nic-BZA (in dosages of up to 100mg/kg) did not impair long-term memory in mice. Summing up, Nic-BZA has a wide anticonvulsant effect in different experimental epilepsy models. ..
- Izdebska K, Ciosek J. Galanin influences on vasopressin and oxytocin release: in vitro studies. Neuropeptides. 2010;44:341-8 pubmed publisher..Gal exerts inhibitory effect on OT release in vitro from NH as well intact Hth-NH system but stimulatory influence on OT secretion at the level of Hth...
- Dobryszycka W. Biological functions of haptoglobin--new pieces to an old puzzle. Eur J Clin Chem Clin Biochem. 1997;35:647-54 pubmed..Probably the most important biological function of haptoglobin consists in the host defence responses to infection and inflammation, acting as a natural antagonist for receptor-ligand activation of the immune system. ..
- Grad I, Niedziela Majka A, Kochman M, Ozyhar A. Analysis of Usp DNA binding domain targeting reveals critical determinants of the ecdysone receptor complex interaction with the response element. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:3751-8 pubmed..It is suggested how possible nucleotide deviations within the 5' half-site of the element may be used for the fine-tuning of the 20E-response element specificity and consequently the physiological response. ..
- Urantowka A, Grabowski K, Strzała T. Complete mitochondrial genome of Blue-crowned Parakeet (Aratinga acuticaudata)--phylogenetic position of the species among parrots group called Conures. Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:336-8 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm lack of monophyly of the genus Aratinga and underline the need of its taxonomic revision. ..
- Zubrzycka M, Janecka A. Substance P content in the cerebrospinal fluid and fluid perfusing cerebral ventricles during elicitation and inhibition of trigemino-hypoglossal reflex in rats. Brain Res. 2002;941:29-33 pubmed..The results indicate that PAG significantly inhibits the release of SP-LI into the rat cerebral ventricular system and may be involved in the inhibition of trigemino-hypoglossal reflex. ..
- RogÃ³Å¼ Z, GoÅ‚embiowska K. Effect of metyrapone on the fluoxetine-induced change in extracellular dopamine, serotonin and their metabolites in the rat frontal cortex. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:1015-22 pubmed
- Banach M, Rizzo M, Obradovic M, Montalto G, Rysz J, Mikhailidis D, et al. PCSK9 inhibition - a novel mechanism to treat lipid disorders?. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:3869-77 pubmed..We review data from the available studies which focus on PCSK9 as a potential target in the treatment of hyperlipidemia. Further studies are still necessary to investigate the potential underlying mechanisms involved. ..
- Szajerski P, Zielonka J, Sikora A, Adamus J, Marcinek A, Gebicki J, et al. Radical scavenging and NO-releasing properties of selected beta-adrenoreceptor antagonists. Free Radic Res. 2006;40:741-52 pubmed..Thus, superior clinical efficacy of third generation beta-adrenolytics may be related to their ability to release NO rather then to their direct antioxidant properties. ..
- Goraca A, Huk Kolega H, Piechota A, Kleniewska P, Ciejka E, Skibska B. Lipoic acid - biological activity and therapeutic potential. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:849-58 pubmed..This review was undertaken to gather the most recent information regarding the therapeutic properties of LA and its possible utility in disease treatment. ..
- Szklarczyk A, Lapinska J, Rylski M, McKay R, Kaczmarek L. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 undergoes expression and activation during dendritic remodeling in adult hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2002;22:920-30 pubmed..This unique spatiotemporal pattern of MMP-9 expression suggests its involvement in activity-dependent remodeling of dendritic architecture with possible effects on synaptic physiology. ..
- Dziewulska Szwajkowska D, Dzugaj A. Kinetic properties of Pelophylax esculentus muscle FBPase. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:294-300 pubmed publisher..In the presence of 0.05-0.5 microM of AMP, K(i) for Fru-2,6P(2) is 92 and 28 nM. I(0.5) for AMP for P. esculentus muscle FBPase is 55 times lower than the corresponding value for P. esculentus liver isozyme. ..
- Rakus K, Irnazarow I, Adamek M, Palmeira L, Kawana Y, Hirono I, et al. Gene expression analysis of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) lines during Cyprinid herpesvirus 3 infection yields insights into differential immune responses. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;37:65-76 pubmed publisher..It is also demonstrated that the outcome of this severe disease in large extent could be controlled by genetic factors of the host...
- Basta Kaim A, Budziszewska B, Jaworska Feil L, Tetich M, Kubera M, Leskiewicz M, et al. Inhibitory effect of imipramine on the human corticotropin-releasing-hormone gene promoter activity operates through a PI3-K/AKT mediated pathway. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:156-64 pubmed..These results indicate that the inhibitory effect of imipramine on the CRH gene promoter activity in Neuro-2A cells is mainly connected with enhancement of PI-3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Pastwa E, Somiari R, Malinowski M, Somiari S, Winters T. In vitro non-homologous DNA end joining assays--the 20th anniversary. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:1254-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the principles and practice of in vitro NHEJ assays and provide some insights into the future prospects of this assay in cancer diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Ostaszewska T, Dabrowski K, Kamaszewski M, Grochowski P, Verri T, Rzepkowska M, et al. The effect of plant protein-based diet supplemented with dipeptide or free amino acids on digestive tract morphology and PepT1 and PepT2 expressions in common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2010;157:158-69 pubmed publisher..Feeding carp plant protein-based diet supplemented with Lys-Gly dipeptide (PP) had a beneficial influence on fish growth and metabolism in the digestive tract as compared to fish fed control diet without lysine supplementation (CON). ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Mikhailidis D, Rysz J, Zórawski M, Banach M. Hypertension and kidney disease: is renalase a new player or an innocent bystander?. J Hypertens. 2012;30:457-62 pubmed publisher..Therefore, more research is needed to establish whether renalase can become a useful therapeutic target. ..
- LupiÅ„ski S, Schlicker E, PÄ™dziÅ„ska Betiuk A, Malinowska B. Acute myocardial ischemia enhances the vanilloid TRPV1 and serotonin 5-HT3 receptor-mediated Bezold-Jarisch reflex in rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:1450-9 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggest that acute myocardial ischemia augments the Bezold-Jarisch reflex induced via activation of TRPV1 and 5-HT(3) receptors located on sensory vagal nerves in the heart. ..
- Kozdruń W, Woźniakowski G, Samorek Salamonowicz E, Czekaj H. Viral infections in goose flocks in Poland. Pol J Vet Sci. 2012;15:525-30 pubmed..5 weeks. During the last 12 years the occurrence of co-infection with GPV and GoCV was detected in six flocks aging from 5 to 6 weeks. ..
- WÃ³jcikowski J, Haduch A, Daniel W. Effect of classic and atypical neuroleptics on cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) in rat liver. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1411-8 pubmed..The observed changes in the CYP3A expression after prolonged exposition to neuroleptics suggest their influence on the enzyme regulation. ..
- Otlewski J, Jaskolski M, Buczek O, Cierpicki T, Czapinska H, Krowarsch D, et al. Structure-function relationship of serine protease-protein inhibitor interaction. Acta Biochim Pol. 2001;48:419-28 pubmed..Conversely, introduction of Ser, Val, and Phe in place of Gly12 (P4) had invariably a destabilizing effect on the complex with these proteases. ..
- Wedrychowicz H, Kesik M, Kaliniak M, Kozak Cieszczyk M, Jedlina Panasiuk L, Jaros S, et al. Vaccine potential of inclusion bodies containing cysteine proteinase of Fasciola hepatica in calves and lambs experimentally challenged with metacercariae of the fluke. Vet Parasitol. 2007;147:77-88 pubmed..hepatica. Vaccinated animals showed significantly lower blood eosinophil counts. No correlation was found between serum and mucosal IgG or IgA reacting with F. hepatica ES antigens and the protection level. ..
- Stasiuk M, Kozubek A. Membrane perturbing properties of natural phenolic and resorcinolic lipids. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3607-13 pubmed publisher..Resorcinolic lipids from rye and cardol increased the polarization of TMA-DPH fluorescence more than that of NBD-PE, but anacardic acid, methylocardol, and alkylphenol increased NBD-PE dye fluorescence. ..
- Pilot M, Branicki W, Jedrzejewski W, Goszczyński J, Jedrzejewska B, Dykyy I, et al. Phylogeographic history of grey wolves in Europe. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:104 pubmed publisher..We also compared the contemporary wolf sequences with published sequences of 24 ancient European wolves...
- CzekaÅ‚a W, MaliÅ„ska K, CÃ¡ceres R, Janczak D, Dach J, Lewicki A. Co-composting of poultry manure mixtures amended with biochar - The effect of biochar on temperature and C-CO2 emission. Bioresour Technol. 2016;200:921-7 pubmed publisher..The addition of biochar increased C-CO2 emission and the total C-CO2 emission were higher about 6.9% and 7.4% for P:S+5%B and P:S+10%B, respectively. ..
- Bryniarski K, Szczepanik M, Ptak M, Ptak W. Modulation of testicular macrophage activity by collagenase. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2005;43:37-41 pubmed..We conclude that in the case of local inflammation in the testis, ROI-negative TMs do not contribute to the tissue damage and instead may direct the local immune response into humoral pathway. ..
- Car H, Michaluk P. Baclofen influences acquisition and MMP-2, MMP-9 levels in the hippocampus of rats after hypoxia. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:536-45 pubmed..We suggest that the changes in MMP-2 and MMP-9 levels are the mechanism activities of baclofen in the acquisition process. ..
- Kosmala M, Jurgoński A, Juśkiewicz J, Karlińska E, Macierzyński J, Rój E, et al. Chemical Composition of Blackberry Press Cake, Polyphenolic Extract, and Defatted Seeds, and Their Effects on Cecal Fermentation, Bacterial Metabolites, and Blood Lipid Profile in Rats. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:5470-5479 pubmed publisher..Polyphenols beneficially decreased the activity of cecal ?-glucuronidase, but they may have also increased cholesterol levels in blood. Bacterial metabolism of ellagitannins in the colon gave rise to nasutin A and urolithin A. ..
- Wierzchowski J, Bzowska A, Stepniak K, Shugar D. Interactions of calf spleen purine nucleoside phosphorylase with 8-azaguanine, and a bisubstrate analogue inhibitor: implications for the reaction mechanism. Z Naturforsch C. 2004;59:713-25 pubmed..It is proposed that, in the reverse reaction pathway, the natural purine substrate is bound to the enzyme as the neutral N(7)H tautomer, which is responsible for the reported strong fluorescence of the guanine-PNP complex. ..
- Nieminuszczy J, Grzesiuk E. Bacterial DNA repair genes and their eukaryotic homologues: 3. AlkB dioxygenase and Ada methyltransferase in the direct repair of alkylated DNA. Acta Biochim Pol. 2007;54:459-68 pubmed..1meA and 3meC are corrected by AlkB DNA dioxygenase. The mechanisms of action of E. coli AlkB dioxygenase and its human homologs ABH2 and ABH3 are described in more details. ..
- Basta Kaim A, SzczÄ™sny E, LeÅ›kiewicz M, GÅ‚ombik K, Slusarczyk J, Budziszewska B, et al. Maternal immune activation leads to age-related behavioral and immunological changes in male rat offspring - the effect of antipsychotic drugs. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1400-10 pubmed..The disturbances in T cell-mediated immunity as well as cytokine production were attenuated by antipsychotic drug administration. ..
- Smolewski P, Robak T. The discovery and development of romidepsin for the treatment of T-cell lymphoma. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2017;12:859-873 pubmed publisher..Combinations of romidepsin with other antineoplastic agents may also further improve drug response and outcomes in T-cell lymphoma. ..
- Zinkovsky V, Zhuk O, Sumriy S. Pharmacokinetics of a synthetic interferon inducer amixin in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2007;59:739-51 pubmed
- BiaÅ‚a G, Kruk M. Influence of bupropion and calcium channel antagonists on the nicotine-induced memory-related response of mice in the elevated plus maze. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:236-44 pubmed
- Oczkowicz M, Piestrzyńska Kajtoch A, Ropka Molik K, Rejduch B, Eckert R. Expression and imprinting analysis of the NESP55 gene in pigs. Gene Expr Patterns. 2012;12:18-23 pubmed publisher..The imprinting analysis showed that NESP55 is maternally expressed in young and adult pigs, similar to what was obtained in humans, mice and cattle. ..
- Pomorska Mól M, Markowska Daniel I, Pejsak Z. Effect of age and maternally-derived antibody status on humoral and cellular immune responses to vaccination of pigs against Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae. Vet J. 2012;194:128-30 pubmed publisher..The post-vaccinal response to E. rhusiopathiae was more strongly influenced by the maternal antibody status of the piglet at the time of vaccination than the age of the piglet...
- Zawilska J, UrbaÅ„ska A, SokoÅ‚owska P. Orexins/hypocretins stimulate accumulation of inositol phosphate in primary cultures of rat cortical neurons. Pharmacol Rep. 2013;65:513-6 pubmed..The calculated EC50 values were 6.0 nM and 10.4 nM for orexin A and orexin B, respectively. The results indicate that in cultured rat cortical neurons orexin receptors are also coupled to inositol phosphates signaling pathway. ..
- Kowalski P. Capillary electrophoretic determination of thiamphenicol in turkeys serum and its pharmacokinetic application. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2007;43:222-7 pubmed..999. The limit of detection of drug was 70 ng/ml, while the quantitative limit was 200 ng/ml, using 0.5 ml sample size. Pharmacokinetic variables of the drug were calculated after both administration routes...
- Bossowska A, Crayton R, Radziszewski P, Kmiec Z, Majewski M. Distribution and neurochemical characterization of sensory dorsal root ganglia neurons supplying porcine urinary bladder. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60 Suppl 4:77-81 pubmed
- Sniegula S, Nilsson Ã–rtman V, Johansson F. Growth pattern responses to photoperiod across latitudes in a northern damselfly. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46024 pubmed publisher..Importantly, growth responses measured at a single larval developmental stage in one season may not always generalize to other developmental stages or seasons. ..
- Posyniak A, Semeniuk S, Zmudzki J, Niedzielska J, Biernacki B. Residues of dimetridazole in eggs after treatment of laying hens. Vet Res Commun. 1996;20:167-74 pubmed..The sensitivity of the whole procedure was 2 ng/g. The drug was excreted preferentially into the yolk (about 57% of the total) and the elimination period lasted for 4-6 days after treatment. ..
- Polkowska J, Ridderstr le Y, Wa kowska M, Romanowicz K, Misztal T, Madej A. Effects of intracerebroventricular infusion of genistein on gonadotrophin subunit mRNA and immunoreactivity of gonadotrophins and oestrogen receptor-alpha in the pituitary cells of the anoestrous ewe. J Chem Neuroanat. 2004;28:217-24 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, we suggest that genistein can stimulate the expression of immunoreactive ERalpha in the pituitary LH-cells but not in FSH-cells and change the endocrine activity of LH-producing cells of anoestral ewes...