Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Poland
Publications292 found, 100 shown here
- Pajtasz Piasecka E, Rossowska J, Dus D, Weber Dabrowska B, Zabłocka A, Gorski A. Bacteriophages support anti-tumor response initiated by DC-based vaccine against murine transplantable colon carcinoma. Immunol Lett. 2008;116:24-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, pretreatment of DCs with the phages may be considered as a beneficial element of a novel strategy in anti-tumor immunotherapy. ..
- Wojas S, Clemens S, Hennig J, Sklodowska A, Kopera E, Schat H, et al. Overexpression of phytochelatin synthase in tobacco: distinctive effects of AtPCS1 and CePCS genes on plant response to cadmium. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2205-19 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that contrasting responses to cadmium of plants overexpressing PCS genes might result from species-dependent differences in the activity of phytochelatin synthase produced by the transgenes. ..
- Zyłka R, Kleszczyńska H, Kupiec J, Bonarska Kujawa D, Hladyszowski J, Przestalski S. Modifications of erythrocyte membrane hydration induced by organic tin compounds. Cell Biol Int. 2009;33:801-6 pubmed publisher..Phenyl tin compounds penetrate membranes to an intermediate depth. The results obtained indicate that the destructive properties of the organometallic compounds depend mostly on their effect on hydration of the membrane...
- Watala C, Dobaczewski M, Kazmierczak P, Gebicki J, Nocun M, Zitnanova I, et al. Resorcylidene aminoguanidine induces antithrombotic action that is not dependent on its antiglycation activity. Vascul Pharmacol. 2009;51:275-83 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that designing novel RAG derivatives with optimal antithrombotic and antiglycation activities may prove useful to treat diabetic complications. ..
- Jozefowski S, Marcinkiewicz J. Aggregates of denatured proteins stimulate nitric oxide and superoxide production in macrophages. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:277-89 pubmed publisher..Thus, the tissue injury observed in amyloidosis may result from overstimulation of mechanisms that, under physiological conditions, enable macrophages to recognize and remove denatured proteins. ..
- Majewski Ł, Sobczak M, Redowicz M. Myosin VI is associated with secretory granules and is present in the nucleus in adrenal medulla chromaffin cells. Acta Biochim Pol. 2010;57:109-14 pubmed..The presented data indicate that MVI in adrenal medulla cells is engaged in secretory vesicle trafficking within the cytoplasm and possibly also involved in transport within the nucleus...
- Dembinski A, Warzecha Z, Ceranowicz P, Cieszkowski J, Dembinski M, Ptak Belowska A, et al. Administration of obestatin accelerates the healing of chronic gastric ulcers in rats. Med Sci Monit. 2011;17:BR196-200 pubmed..These effects are associated with a reduction in mucosal expression of pro-inflammatory IL-1beta and TNF-alpha. ..
- Knapp M. Cardioprotective role of sphingosine-1-phosphate. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;62:601-7 pubmed..It is suggested, that development of specific S1P agonists and compounds modifying activity of the two enzymes could provide important therapeutic tools in the treatment of the heart infarct. ..
- Kubera M, Curzytek K, Majewska Szczepanik M, Szczepanik M, MarciÅ„ska K, Ptak W, et al. Inhibitory effect of antidepressant drugs on contact hypersensitivity reaction. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:714-22 pubmed..The observed effect of antidepressant drugs on CS reaction is consistent with the hypothesis that T-cell mediated immunity is targeted by antidepressants. ..
- Wypasek E, Natorska J, Mazur A, Kołaczkowska E. Toll-like receptors expression and NF-?B activation in peritoneal leukocytes in morphine-mediated impairment of zymosan-induced peritonitis in swiss mice. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2012;60:373-82 pubmed publisher..Additionally, during zymosan-induced peritonitis, morphine may modulate the NF-?B expression, at least partially, by an up-regulated release of NO, as suggested by others...
- Bienert A, Wiczling P, GrzeÅ›kowiak E, CywiÅ„ski J, Kusza K. Potential pitfalls of propofol target controlled infusion delivery related to its pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:782-95 pubmed..g., hypoalbuminemia. In the future, data obtained under these "extreme" clinical circumstances, may be used to modify the dosage algorithms of propofol TCI systems to match the clinical scenario. ..
- Kycko A, Reichert M. Overexpression of aldolase A and cytokeratin 19 in ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma. Pol J Vet Sci. 2012;15:703-9 pubmed..The results indicate that the overexpression of the two proteins reflects the presence of neoplastic cells in the lungs of OPA affected sheep. ..
- Meissner J, Toporkiewicz M, Czogalla A, Matusewicz L, Kuliczkowski K, Sikorski A. Novel antisense therapeutics delivery systems: In vitro and in vivo studies of liposomes targeted with anti-CD20 antibody. J Control Release. 2015;220:515-528 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that lipid formulations based on a polyplex or lipoplex backbone additionally equipped with antibodies are promising non-viral vectors for specific oligonucleotide transfer into human tumor cells. ..
- Gu S, Kumar M, Sikorska B, Hejduk J, Markowski J, Markowski M, et al. Isolation and partial characterization of a highly divergent lineage of hantavirus from the European mole (Talpa europaea). Sci Rep. 2016;6:21119 pubmed publisher..Neuropathological examination showed astrocytic and microglial activation and neuronal loss. The first mole-borne hantavirus isolate will facilitate long-overdue studies on its infectivity and pathogenic potential in humans. ..
- Szumilak M, Galdyszynska M, Domińska K, Bak Sypień I, Merecz Sadowska A, Stanczak A, et al. Synthesis, Biological Activity and Preliminary in Silico ADMET Screening of Polyamine Conjugates with Bicyclic Systems. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The promising biological activity, DNA intercalative binding mode and favorable drug-like properties of bis(naphthalene-2-carboxamides) make them a good lead for further development of potential anticancer drugs. ..
- Winnicka M, Braszko J, Wisniewski K. Solcoseryl improves learning and memory in rats. Acta Physiol Hung. 1996;84:55-62 pubmed..p. injection of 1.0 ml/kg of S, and on consolidation after 0.75 ml/kg. These data indicate that S may positively affect the CNS processes responsible for learning and memory. ..
- Godlewski G, Malinowska B, Buczko W, Schlicker E. Inhibitory H3 receptors on sympathetic nerves of the pithed rat: activation by endogenous histamine and operation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1997;355:261-6 pubmed..Moreover, it demonstrates that these H3 receptors are probably activated by endogenous histamine and appear to be operative in hypertension. ..
- Kaleczyc J, Timmermans J, Majewski M, Lakomy M, Scheuermann D. Immunohistochemical characteristics of nerve fibres supplying the porcine vas deferens. A colocalisation study. Histochem Cell Biol. 1997;107:229-41 pubmed..The possibility of different sources of origin of the particular nerve fibre subpopulations supplying the porcine vas deferens and its blood vessels is discussed. ..
- Polak M, Zmudzinski J. Prevalence of bovine viral diarrhea virus infection in bulls in artificial insemination centers in Poland. Vet Microbiol. 1999;64:253-7 pubmed..Neutralizing antibodies were found in 86% of the bulls. Persistent infection (PI) was detected in 0.9% of the analyzed blood samples. ..
- Wardas J, Konieczny J, Lorenc Koci E. SCH 58261, an A(2A) adenosine receptor antagonist, counteracts parkinsonian-like muscle rigidity in rats. Synapse. 2001;41:160-71 pubmed..The ability of SCH 58261 to diminish the parkinsonian-like muscle rigidity and to potentiate the effect of L-DOPA in this model seems to indicate a therapeutic value of this compound in the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- Zych K, Toukach F, Arbatsky N, Kolodziejska K, Senchenkova S, Shashkov A, et al. Structure of the O-specific polysaccharide of Proteus mirabilis D52 and typing of this strain to Proteus serogroup O33. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:4346-51 pubmed..mirabilis O16 and P. penneri 103, which have structurally different O-polysaccharides. The role of charged groups, Rib-ol-5-P and Etn-P in the immunospecificity is discussed...
- Pomorski L, Bartos M, Okruszek A, Matejkowska M, Tazbir J, Kuzdak K. Carcinogenic effect of combined administration of 2,4-diaminoanisole sulfate, 4,4'-thiodianiline and N,N'-diethylthiourea in male Wistar rats. Neoplasma. 2002;49:247-50 pubmed..Hepatocellular adenoma was induced in 2 of 17 rats (12%). Papillary thyroid carcinoma metastasis was found in the lung of 1 rat. No neoplastic tumors were found in kidney, spleen, stomach and testis tissue. ..
- Rahden Staron I, Szumiło M, Grosicka E, Kraakman van der Zwet M, Zdzienicka M. Defective Brca2 influences topoisomerase I activity in mammalian cells. Acta Biochim Pol. 2003;50:139-44 pubmed..These results indicate that the observed changes in the topoisomerase I activity in V-C8 are due to the defective function of the Brca2 gene. ..
- Hendrich A, Wesołowska O, Poła A, Motohashi N, Molnar J, Michalak K. Neither lipophilicity nor membrane-perturbing potency of phenothiazine maleates correlate with the ability to inhibit P-glycoprotein transport activity. Mol Membr Biol. 2003;20:53-60 pubmed..No clear relation was found between effects exerted by phenothiazine maleates on model membranes and their ability to modulate P-glycoprotein transport activity. ..
- Ryng S, Zimecki M, Maczyński M, Chodaczek G, Kocieba M. Immunosuppressive activity of an isoxazolo[5,4-e]triazepine--compound RM33. I. Effects on the humoral and cellular immune response in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2005;57:195-202 pubmed..In summary, the presented results revealed immunosuppressive properties of RM33, which could be associated with its selective interference with co-stimulatory signals provided by adjuvant at initiation of the immune response. ..
- Pałecz D, Komuński R, Gabryelak T. Na+K+-ATPase activity as a biomarker of toxaphene toxicity in Unio tumidus. Toxicol In Vitro. 2005;19:707-12 pubmed..The Lineweaver-Burk plots for microsomal Na+K+-ATPase in the presence or the absence of toxaphene as an inhibitor indicated a competitive type of inhibition. ..
- Ksiazkiewicz L. Recent achievements in in vitro culture and preservation of ovarian follicles in mammals. Reprod Biol. 2006;6:3-16 pubmed
- Filip M, Frankowska M, Gołda A, Zaniewska M, Vetulani J, Przegalinski E. Various GABA-mimetic drugs differently affect cocaine-evoked hyperlocomotion and sensitization. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;541:163-70 pubmed..The finding that vigabatrin protected against the development and the expression of cocaine sensitization further supports its therapeutic potential in the treatment of cocaine dependence. ..
- Łapot M, Ciechanowska M, Malewski T, Misztal T, Mateusiak K, Przekop F. The effect of stress on the expression of GnRH and GnRH receptor genes in the discrete regions of the hypothalamus and pituitary of anestrous ewes. Reprod Biol. 2007;7:55-71 pubmed..It is suggested that the increase of expression of GnRH and GnRH-R genes in anestrous ewes are not directly related to GnRH level and GnRH-R activity. ..
- Wieronska J, Legutko B, Dudys D, Pilc A. Olfactory bulbectomy and amitriptyline treatment influences mGlu receptors expression in the mouse brain hippocampus. Pharmacol Rep. 2008;60:844-55 pubmed..The results obtained indicate an influence of OB on mGlu receptors levels in the hippocampus, and the OB-induced effect can be reversed by chronic AMI treatment in the case of mGlu1a, mGlu2/3 and mGlu7 receptors. ..
- Gajewska M, Sobolewska A, Kozlowski M, Motyl T. Role of autophagy in mammary gland development. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;59 Suppl 9:237-49 pubmed..There are also evidences of involvement of Atg's in epithelial tumors development. Context dependent manipulations of autophagic pathways may create more effective anticancer therapies in the future. ..
- Matowicka Karna J, Dymicka Piekarska V, Kemona H. Does Toxoplasma gondii infection affect the levels of IgE and cytokines (IL-5, IL-6, IL-10, IL-12, and TNF-alpha)?. Clin Dev Immunol. 2009;2009:374696 pubmed publisher..The study has revealed that patients infected with T. gondii show increased production of the humoral response cytokines, whereas the generation of the cell response cytokines remains unchanged. ..
- Pi rkowska K, Tyra M, Rogoz M, Ropka Molik K, Oczkowicz M, R zycki M. Association of the melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) with feed intake, growth, fatness and carcass composition in pigs raised in Poland. Meat Sci. 2010;85:297-301 pubmed publisher..52cm in PL, P<0.01) and decreased lean meat content (total weight of ham was 0.5kg greater in G/G than in A/A Pu?awska animals). We obtained an unexpected result for IMF: higher percentage of IMF was observed in the G/G genotype...
- RomaÅ„ski K. Analysis of the excitatory motor response evoked by nicotinic and muscarinic blockade of ovine small bowel. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:292-303 pubmed..e., phase 3-like activity and RE of different intensity, duration, and repeatability in fasted and non-fasted sheep. These stimulatory effects may resemble unorganized phases of the MMC. ..
- KociÄ‡ I, Racek KrÃ³l B, Wapniarska I, Rusiecka I, Wasilewski R, Bitel M. Antiplatelet effect of statins is augmented in diabetic rabbits. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:410-3 pubmed..Our results indicate that diabetes increases the rate of platelet aggregation in rabbits and increases antiplatelet efficacy of statins due to interactions with leptin. ..
- Hauschild T, Sliżewski P, Masiewicz P. Species distribution of staphylococci from small wild mammals. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2010;33:457-60 pubmed publisher..More than 90% of the 55 S. succinus strains isolated belonged to S. succinus subsp. casei and only 9% to S. succinus subsp. succinus. Moreover, the present study describes the first ever isolation of S. fleurettii from healthy animals...
- Gregoraszczuk E, Ptak A, Rak Mardyła A, Falandysz J. Differential accumulation of HCBz and PeCBz in porcine ovarian follicles and their opposing actions on steroid secretion and CYP11, CYP17, 17?-HSD and CYP19 protein expression. A tissue culture approach. Reprod Toxicol. 2011;31:494-9 pubmed publisher..As one of the mechanisms of action, we propose modulation of steroidogenic enzymes expression. ..
- Lukaszewska J, Allison R, Stepkowska J. Congenital Pelger-Huët anomaly in a Danish/Swedish Farmdog: case report. Acta Vet Scand. 2011;53:14 pubmed publisher..To the authors' knowledge this is the first report of PHA in a Danish/Swedish Farmdog. ..
- Gundermann K, KUENKER A, Kuntz E, DroÅºdzik M. Activity of essential phospholipids (EPL) from soybean in liver diseases. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:643-59 pubmed..EPL-related relevant side effects were not observed. ..
- Wielgat P, Braszko J. Significance of the cell adhesion molecules and sialic acid in neurodegeneration. Adv Med Sci. 2012;57:23-30 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms protect from excitotoxic damage and promote dendritic/spine re-growth. This review briefly focuses on the expression and role of PSA-NCAM in neurodegenerative diseases and its potential application in therapy. ..
- RogÃ³Å¼ Z. Effect of co-treatment with mirtazapine and risperidone in animal models of the positive symptoms of schizophrenia in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1567-72 pubmed..Further studies are necessary to elucidate its mechanism of action. ..
- Radzijevskaja J, Paulauskas A, Aleksandravičienė A, Jonauskaite I, Stanko M, Karbowiak G, et al. New records of spotted fever group rickettsiae in Baltic region. Microbes Infect. 2015;17:874-8 pubmed publisher..6%. Our study is the first demonstration of the presence of R. raoultii in D. reticulatus ticks in the Baltic countries and R. helvetica in questing I. ricinus ticks in Lithuania. ..
- Tamschick S, Rozenblut Kościsty B, Ogielska M, Lehmann A, Lymberakis P, Hoffmann F, et al. Impaired gonadal and somatic development corroborate vulnerability differences to the synthetic estrogen ethinylestradiol among deeply diverged anuran lineages. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:503-14 pubmed publisher..The inter-species variation in developmental EE2-effects corroborates species-specific vulnerability differences towards EDCs between deeply diverged amphibian groups. ..
- Gburek J, Verroust P, Willnow T, Fyfe J, Nowacki W, Jacobsen C, et al. Megalin and cubilin are endocytic receptors involved in renal clearance of hemoglobin. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002;13:423-30 pubmed..The findings may prove to be essential for further research on the pathophysiology of hemoglobinuric acute renal failure and proteinuria-associated tubulointerstitial nephritis. ..
- Walczak A, Antosiewicz J. Langevin dynamics of proteins at constant pH. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2002;66:051911 pubmed..Possible improvements of this methodology, using achievements from other fields of mesoscopic biomolecular simulations, are also discussed. ..
- Hendrich A, Michalak K. Lipids as a target for drugs modulating multidrug resistance of cancer cells. Curr Drug Targets. 2003;4:23-30 pubmed..Some further consequences of the alteration of membrane state are also considered...
- Lipinski P, Starzynski R, Drapier J, Bouton C, Bartlomiejczyk T, Sochanowicz B, et al. Induction of iron regulatory protein 1 RNA-binding activity by nitric oxide is associated with a concomitant increase in the labile iron pool: implications for DNA damage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:349-55 pubmed..We demonstrate that the increase in LIP levels in response to chronic but not burst exposure of L5178Y cells to NO is associated with alterations in the expression of proteins involved in iron metabolism. ..
- Gryglewski R. Pharmacology of vascular endothelium. Delivered on 27 June 2004 at the 29th FEBS Congress in Warsaw. FEBS J. 2005;272:2956-67 pubmed..I tried to examine the validity of this conception according to the general rule: in vitro cognitio sed in vivo veritas. ..
- Wesołowska A, Nikiforuk A, Stachowicz K, Tatarczyńska E. Effect of the selective 5-HT7 receptor antagonist SB 269970 in animal models of anxiety and depression. Neuropharmacology. 2006;51:578-86 pubmed..In conclusion, the results of our studies indicate that 5-HT7 receptor antagonists may play a role in the therapy of both anxiety and depression. ..
- Milik E, Szczepanska Sadowska E, Cudnoch Jedrzejewska A, Dobruch J, Morton M, Koperski L. Upregulation of angiotensin AT1a receptors mRNA in the heart and renal medulla after myocardial infarction in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006;57:375-88 pubmed..The results provide evidence that the myocardial infarct results in significant and prolonged upregulation of AT1a receptors mRNA expression in the heart and in the medullary region of the kidney. ..
- Godlewski G, Schlicker E, Baranowska U, Malinowska B. Recruitment of functionally active heart beta2-adrenoceptors in the initial phase of endotoxic shock in pithed rats. Shock. 2006;26:510-5 pubmed..The pithed rat may serve as a model to examine the beta-adrenoceptor supersensitivity in vivo...
- Nawrot Porabka K, Jaworek J, Leja Szpak A, Szklarczyk J, Macko M, Kot M, et al. The effect of luminal ghrelin on pancreatic enzyme secretion in the rat. Regul Pept. 2007;143:56-63 pubmed..Activation of vagal reflexes and CCK release as well as central mechanisms could be implicated in the stimulatory effect of luminal ghrelin on the pancreatic exocrine functions. ..
- Zubrzycka M, Janecka A. Interactions of galanin with endomorphin-2, vasopressin and oxytocin in nociceptive modulation of the trigemino-hypoglossal reflex in rats. Physiol Res. 2008;57:769-76 pubmed..The present results demonstrate that in the orofacial area analgesic activity is modulated by GAL, OT and AVP and that EM-2-induced antinociception involves GAL. ..
- Barycka E. Malocclusion in a cave lion Panthera spelaea. J Vet Dent. 2007;24:172-3 pubmed
- Nowak M, Madej J, Dziegiel P. Correlation between MCM-3 protein expression and grade of malignancy in mammary adenocarcinomas and soft tissue fibrosarcomas in dogs. In Vivo. 2009;23:49-53 pubmed..52 for adenocarcinomas; p<0.05) between MCM-3 expression and grade of malignancy in the studied tumours. MCM-3 may provide a sensitive and useful marker of proliferative potential in various histological types of neoplastic tumours. ..
- Gluba A, Banach M, Mikhailidis D, Rysz J. Genetic determinants of cardiovascular disease: the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, paraoxonases, endothelin-1, nitric oxide synthase and adrenergic receptors. In Vivo. 2009;23:797-812 pubmed..The unravelling of genetic determinants of CAD may be the first step towards a better understanding of the pathological process involved, the early identification of those at risk and individualizing treatment. ..
- Filip M, Bader M. Overview on 5-HT receptors and their role in physiology and pathology of the central nervous system. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:761-77 pubmed..Additionally, we also introduce the recent knowledge about the 5-HT receptor ligands in preclinical research, clinical trials and as approved drugs. ..
- Noszczyk Nowak A, Nowak M, Paslawska U, Atamaniuk W, Nicpon J. Cases with manifestation of chemodectoma diagnosed in dogs in Department of Internal Diseases with Horses, Dogs and Cats Clinic, Veterinary Medicine Faculty, University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland. Acta Vet Scand. 2010;52:35 pubmed publisher..An immunohistochemical examination is vital for the diagnosis since it allows to differentiate histologically distinct types of neoplasia which may locate in the same site and may manifest a similar histological pattern. ..
- Jarzynska G, Falandysz J. Selenium and 17 other largely essential and toxic metals in muscle and organ meats of Red Deer (Cervus elaphus)--consequences to human health. Environ Int. 2011;37:882-8 pubmed publisher..When these are consumed by the Deer, the amount of Cd sequestered with metallothioneins and retained in the organ and muscle meat in this study is low enough to be considered safe for human consumption. ..
- Michalczyk M, Macura R, Tesarowicz I, Banaś J. Effect of adding essential oils of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) and hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis L.) on the shelf life of ground beef. Meat Sci. 2012;90:842-50 pubmed publisher..This indicates the limited effect of these essential oils in the concentrations applied on preserving vacuum-packed minced beef. ..
- Kiryk A, Mochol G, Filipkowski R, Wawrzyniak M, Lioudyno V, Knapska E, et al. Cognitive abilities of Alzheimer's disease transgenic mice are modulated by social context and circadian rhythm. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2011;8:883-92 pubmed..The novel approach to study the transgenic mice cognitive abilities presented in this paper offers new insight into cognitive dysfunctions of the Alzheimer's disease mouse model. ..
- Piechota PolaÅ„czyk A, GorÄ…ca A. Influence of specific endothelin-1 receptor blockers on hemodynamic parameters and antioxidant status of plasma in LPS-induced endotoxemia. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:1434-41 pubmed..Blockage of ETA-R improved plasma antioxidant status and decreased lipid peroxidation and TNF-Î± production, but it deteriorated hemodynamic conditions. ..
- Adamska A, Kluczyk A, Cerlesi M, Calo G, Janecka A, Borics A. Synthesis, biological evaluation and structural analysis of novel peripherally active morphiceptin analogs. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1582-8 pubmed publisher..Docking studies and the comparison of results with the high resolution crystallographic structure of a MOR-agonist complex revealed possible structure-activity relationships of this compound family. ..
- Obniska J, Rapacz A, Rybka S, GÃ³ra M, KamiÅ„ski K, SaÅ‚at K, et al. Synthesis, and anticonvulsant activity of new amides derived from 3-methyl- or 3-ethyl-3-methyl-2,5-dioxo-pyrrolidin-1-yl-acetic acids. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1598-607 pubmed publisher..Several molecules showed antinociceptive and local anesthetic properties. The in vitro radioligand binding studies demonstrated that the influence on the sodium and calcium channels may be one of the essential mechanisms of action. ..
- Pawełczak K, Makowski M, Kempny M, Dzik J, Gołos B, Rode W, et al. Sulfamide antifolates inhibiting thymidylate synthase: synthesis, enzyme inhibition and cytotoxicity. Acta Biochim Pol. 2002;49:407-20 pubmed..Substitution of the glutamyl residue in compound 4 with L-norvaline (9) resulted in only a 5-fold stronger thymidylate synthase inhibitor, but a 40-fold weaker cell growth inhibitor. ..
- Gebicka L, Didik J. Catalytic scavenging of peroxynitrite by catalase. J Inorg Biochem. 2009;103:1375-9 pubmed publisher..The possible reaction mechanisms of the decay of peroxynitrite catalyzed by catalase and physiological relevance of this reaction are discussed. ..
- Tokarski K, Kusek M, Hess G. 5-HT7 receptors modulate GABAergic transmission in rat hippocampal CA1 area. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;62:535-40 pubmed..The second effect, most likely related to the activation of 5-HT(7) receptors located on interneurons, results in an enhancement of the release of GABA. ..
- Handzlik J, Bajda M, Zygmunt M, Maciag D, Dybała M, Bednarski M, et al. Antiarrhythmic properties of phenylpiperazine derivatives of phenytoin with ??-adrenoceptor affinities. Bioorg Med Chem. 2012;20:2290-303 pubmed publisher..92, p <0.005). Influence of the examined phenylpiperazine hydantoin derivatives on hERG K(+) channel, predicted by means of in silico methods, suggested their hERG K(+)-blocking properties. ..
- Maleszka A, Smolinska N, Nitkiewicz A, Kiezun M, Chojnowska K, Dobrzyn K, et al. Expression of orexin A and B in the porcine hypothalamus during the oestrous cycle. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013;64:55-63 pubmed..Our findings also suggest that orexins may affect reproductive functions at the highest level of the hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..
- ÅšwiÄ…der M, Åuszczki J, Paruszewski R, ÅšwiÄ…der K, Turski W. Protective action of nicotinic acid benzylamide in a variety of chemically-induced seizures in mice. Pharmacol Rep. 2016;68:297-300 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Nic-BZA (in dosages of up to 100mg/kg) did not impair long-term memory in mice. Summing up, Nic-BZA has a wide anticonvulsant effect in different experimental epilepsy models. ..
- Izdebska K, Ciosek J. Galanin influences on vasopressin and oxytocin release: in vitro studies. Neuropeptides. 2010;44:341-8 pubmed publisher..Gal exerts inhibitory effect on OT release in vitro from NH as well intact Hth-NH system but stimulatory influence on OT secretion at the level of Hth...
- Dobryszycka W. Biological functions of haptoglobin--new pieces to an old puzzle. Eur J Clin Chem Clin Biochem. 1997;35:647-54 pubmed..Probably the most important biological function of haptoglobin consists in the host defence responses to infection and inflammation, acting as a natural antagonist for receptor-ligand activation of the immune system. ..
- Grad I, Niedziela Majka A, Kochman M, Ozyhar A. Analysis of Usp DNA binding domain targeting reveals critical determinants of the ecdysone receptor complex interaction with the response element. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:3751-8 pubmed..It is suggested how possible nucleotide deviations within the 5' half-site of the element may be used for the fine-tuning of the 20E-response element specificity and consequently the physiological response. ..
- Urantowka A, Grabowski K, Strzała T. Complete mitochondrial genome of Blue-crowned Parakeet (Aratinga acuticaudata)--phylogenetic position of the species among parrots group called Conures. Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:336-8 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm lack of monophyly of the genus Aratinga and underline the need of its taxonomic revision. ..
- Zubrzycka M, Janecka A. Substance P content in the cerebrospinal fluid and fluid perfusing cerebral ventricles during elicitation and inhibition of trigemino-hypoglossal reflex in rats. Brain Res. 2002;941:29-33 pubmed..The results indicate that PAG significantly inhibits the release of SP-LI into the rat cerebral ventricular system and may be involved in the inhibition of trigemino-hypoglossal reflex. ..
- RogÃ³Å¼ Z, GoÅ‚embiowska K. Effect of metyrapone on the fluoxetine-induced change in extracellular dopamine, serotonin and their metabolites in the rat frontal cortex. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:1015-22 pubmed
- Banach M, Rizzo M, Obradovic M, Montalto G, Rysz J, Mikhailidis D, et al. PCSK9 inhibition - a novel mechanism to treat lipid disorders?. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:3869-77 pubmed..We review data from the available studies which focus on PCSK9 as a potential target in the treatment of hyperlipidemia. Further studies are still necessary to investigate the potential underlying mechanisms involved. ..
- Szajerski P, Zielonka J, Sikora A, Adamus J, Marcinek A, Gebicki J, et al. Radical scavenging and NO-releasing properties of selected beta-adrenoreceptor antagonists. Free Radic Res. 2006;40:741-52 pubmed..Thus, superior clinical efficacy of third generation beta-adrenolytics may be related to their ability to release NO rather then to their direct antioxidant properties. ..
- Goraca A, Huk Kolega H, Piechota A, Kleniewska P, Ciejka E, Skibska B. Lipoic acid - biological activity and therapeutic potential. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:849-58 pubmed..This review was undertaken to gather the most recent information regarding the therapeutic properties of LA and its possible utility in disease treatment. ..
- Szklarczyk A, Lapinska J, Rylski M, McKay R, Kaczmarek L. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 undergoes expression and activation during dendritic remodeling in adult hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2002;22:920-30 pubmed..This unique spatiotemporal pattern of MMP-9 expression suggests its involvement in activity-dependent remodeling of dendritic architecture with possible effects on synaptic physiology. ..
- Dziewulska Szwajkowska D, Dzugaj A. Kinetic properties of Pelophylax esculentus muscle FBPase. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:294-300 pubmed publisher..In the presence of 0.05-0.5 microM of AMP, K(i) for Fru-2,6P(2) is 92 and 28 nM. I(0.5) for AMP for P. esculentus muscle FBPase is 55 times lower than the corresponding value for P. esculentus liver isozyme. ..
- Rakus K, Irnazarow I, Adamek M, Palmeira L, Kawana Y, Hirono I, et al. Gene expression analysis of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) lines during Cyprinid herpesvirus 3 infection yields insights into differential immune responses. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;37:65-76 pubmed publisher..It is also demonstrated that the outcome of this severe disease in large extent could be controlled by genetic factors of the host...
- Basta Kaim A, Budziszewska B, Jaworska Feil L, Tetich M, Kubera M, Leskiewicz M, et al. Inhibitory effect of imipramine on the human corticotropin-releasing-hormone gene promoter activity operates through a PI3-K/AKT mediated pathway. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:156-64 pubmed..These results indicate that the inhibitory effect of imipramine on the CRH gene promoter activity in Neuro-2A cells is mainly connected with enhancement of PI-3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Pastwa E, Somiari R, Malinowski M, Somiari S, Winters T. In vitro non-homologous DNA end joining assays--the 20th anniversary. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:1254-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the principles and practice of in vitro NHEJ assays and provide some insights into the future prospects of this assay in cancer diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Ostaszewska T, Dabrowski K, Kamaszewski M, Grochowski P, Verri T, Rzepkowska M, et al. The effect of plant protein-based diet supplemented with dipeptide or free amino acids on digestive tract morphology and PepT1 and PepT2 expressions in common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2010;157:158-69 pubmed publisher..Feeding carp plant protein-based diet supplemented with Lys-Gly dipeptide (PP) had a beneficial influence on fish growth and metabolism in the digestive tract as compared to fish fed control diet without lysine supplementation (CON). ..
- Malyszko J, Malyszko J, Mikhailidis D, Rysz J, Zórawski M, Banach M. Hypertension and kidney disease: is renalase a new player or an innocent bystander?. J Hypertens. 2012;30:457-62 pubmed publisher..Therefore, more research is needed to establish whether renalase can become a useful therapeutic target. ..
- LupiÅ„ski S, Schlicker E, PÄ™dziÅ„ska Betiuk A, Malinowska B. Acute myocardial ischemia enhances the vanilloid TRPV1 and serotonin 5-HT3 receptor-mediated Bezold-Jarisch reflex in rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:1450-9 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggest that acute myocardial ischemia augments the Bezold-Jarisch reflex induced via activation of TRPV1 and 5-HT(3) receptors located on sensory vagal nerves in the heart. ..