Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Japan
Publications409 found, 100 shown here
- Sato K, Gotoh N, Otsuki T, Kakumoto M, Aoto M, Tokmakov A, et al. Tyrosine residues 239 and 240 of Shc are phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate-dependent phosphorylation sites by c-Src. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;240:399-404 pubmed..These results highlight the difference between c-Src and v-Src or EGF receptor and suggest that c-Src can phosphorylate predominantly on Tyr239/240 of Shc only when Shc PTB domain is bound to PtdIns(4,5)P2. ..
- Yamamoto M, Miura N, Ohtake N, Amagaya S, Ishige A, Sasaki H, et al. Genipin, a metabolite derived from the herbal medicine Inchin-ko-to, and suppression of Fas-induced lethal liver apoptosis in mice. Gastroenterology. 2000;118:380-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the antiapoptotic activity of genipin via the interference with MPT is a possible mechanism for therapeutic effects of ICKT. ..
- Yokozawa T, Liu Z, Chen C. Protective effects of Glycyrrhizae radix extract and its compounds in a renal hypoxia (ischemia)-reoxygenation (reperfusion) model. Phytomedicine. 2000;6:439-45 pubmed
- Takagi Y, Ui Tei K, Hirohashi S. Adhesion-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of enabled in Drosophila neuronal cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:482-7 pubmed..Together with our previous results, we propose a model for signal transduction activated by cell adhesion for the first time in Drosophila. ..
- Tokuno H, Inase M, Nambu A, Akazawa T, Miyachi S, Takada M. Corticostriatal projections from distal and proximal forelimb representations of the monkey primary motor cortex. Neurosci Lett. 1999;269:33-6 pubmed..These corticostriatal input zones were largely segregated from one another. ..
- Sato M, Kimura T, Kurokawa K, Fujita Y, Abe K, Masuhara M, et al. Identification of PGC7, a new gene expressed specifically in preimplantation embryos and germ cells. Mech Dev. 2002;113:91-4 pubmed..Immunohistochemical analysis revealed that PGC7 was specifically expressed in early pre-implantation embryos, PGCs and oocytes. These results suggest that PGC7 might play an important role in the development of PGCs and oocytes. ..
- Iimuro Y, Fujimoto J. Strategy of gene therapy for liver cirrohosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2003;10:45-7 pubmed..Our data indicate that the gene therapy may hold promise for the treatment of patients with liver cirrhosis and HCC. ..
- Ohta T, Iwakawa M, Oohira C, Noda S, Minfu Y, Goto M, et al. Fractionated irradiation augments inter-strain variation of skin reactions among three strains of mice. J Radiat Res. 2004;45:515-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that genetic factors cause obvious variations in severity of damage and latent period after fractionated irradiation. ..
- Suzuki M, Tsuruoka C. Heavy charged particles produce a bystander effect via cell-cell junctions. Biol Sci Space. 2004;18:241-6 pubmed..The recent work described here utilized heavy charged particles for irradiation, and investigated the role of gap-junction mediated cell-cell communication in this phenomenon. ..
- Inoue K, Sakamoto T, Yuge S, Iwatani H, Yamagami S, Tsutsumi M, et al. Structural and functional evolution of three cardiac natriuretic peptides. Mol Biol Evol. 2005;22:2428-34 pubmed..If the duplication occurred before the divergence of tetrapods and teleosts, VNP may exist in the tetrapod lineage. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Comparative integromics on JMJD1C gene encoding histone demethylase: conserved POU5F1 binding site elucidating mechanism of JMJD1C expression in undifferentiated ES cells and diffuse-type gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:219-23 pubmed..POU5F1-mediated expression of JMJD1C histone demethylase is implicated in the reactivation of silenced genes in undifferentiated ES cells, pancreatic islet, and diffuse-type gastric cancer. ..
- Hirai T, Tokumo K, Tsuchiya D, Nishio H. Expression of mRNA for 5-HT2 receptors and proteins related to inactivation of 5-HT in mouse osteoblasts. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;109:319-23 pubmed..The differentiation and maturation of osteoblasts might be regulated by the activation of the 5-HT(2B) receptor under the control of 5-HT inactivation. ..
- Shimizu T, Inomata S, Tanaka M. Progesterone decreases sevoflurane requirement in male mice: a dose-response study. Br J Anaesth. 2010;104:603-5 pubmed publisher..0001). Progesterone 37.5 mg kg(-1) did not change sevoflurane requirement. We conclude that administration of exogenous progesterone injection at higher concentrations decreases anaesthetic requirement as defined by rolling response. ..
- Kita S, Iwamoto T. [Mechanisms for linking high salt intake to vascular tone: role of Na(+) pump and Na(+)/Ca²(+) exchanger coupling]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2010;130:1399-405 pubmed..These results suggest that functional coupling between the vascular ?2 Na(+) pump and NCX1 is a critical molecular mechanism for salt-induced blood pressure elevation. ..
- Matsuda F, Inoue N, Maeda A, Cheng Y, Sai T, Gonda H, et al. Expression and function of apoptosis initiator FOXO3 in granulosa cells during follicular atresia in pig ovaries. J Reprod Dev. 2011;57:151-8 pubmed..In conclusion, FOXO3 is expressed in porcine ovarian follicles and induces apoptosis in granulosa cells, suggesting that it is a candidate for the initiator of follicular atresia. ..
- Honjo Y, Kaneko S, Ito H, Horibe T, Nagashima M, Nakamura M, et al. Protein disulfide isomerase-immunopositive inclusions in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Amyotroph Lateral Scler. 2011;12:444-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we assume that PDI is S-nitrosylated in the affected neurons, which inhibits its enzymatic activity and thus allows protein misfolding to occur in ALS. ..
- Shimazu T, Otani H, Yoshioka K, Fujita M, Okazaki T, Iwasaka T. Sepiapterin enhances angiogenesis and functional recovery in mice after myocardial infarction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H2061-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sepiapterin enhances angiogenesis and functional recovery after MI by activating the salvage pathway for BH(4) synthesis and increasing bioavailable nitric oxide predominantly derived from iNOS. ..
- Takahashi N, Yoshizaki T, Hiranaka N, Suzuki T, Yui T, Akanuma M, et al. Suppression of lipin-1 expression increases monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:200-5 pubmed publisher..Because MCP-1 is related to adipose inflammation and systemic insulin resistance, these results suggest that a reduction in adipose lipin-1 in obesity may exacerbate adipose inflammation and metabolism. ..
- Nakamura K, Mase M, Yamamoto Y, Takizawa K, Kabeya M, Wakuda T, et al. Inclusion body hepatitis caused by fowl adenovirus in broiler chickens in Japan, 2009-2010. Avian Dis. 2011;55:719-23 pubmed..This study suggests that IBH produced by FAV is epidemic in broiler chicks in Japan and that the present cases occurred as the primary disease without the association of infectious bursal disease virus or chicken anemia virus...
- Togami K, Chono S, Morimoto K. Aerosol-based efficient delivery of clarithromycin, a macrolide antimicrobial agent, to lung epithelial lining fluid and alveolar macrophages for treatment of respiratory infections. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2012;25:110-5 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that aerosol formulation of macrolides is an effective pulmonary drug delivery system for the treatment of respiratory infections. ..
- Tanaka M, Kuriyama S, Aiba N. Nm23-H1 regulates contact inhibition of locomotion, which is affected by ephrin-B1. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4343-53 pubmed publisher..As one mechanism, ephrin-B1 inhibits the association of Nm23-H1 with Tiam1, which contributes for activation of Rac1. These results indicate a novel function of Nm23-H1 to control CIL, and its negative regulation by ephrin-B1. ..
- Nagai N, Takeda A, Itanami Y, Ito Y. Co-administration of water containing magnesium ion prevents loxoprofen-induced lesions in gastric mucosa of adjuvant-induced arthritis rat. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:2230-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the oral co-administration of magnesium water to AA rats has a potent preventive effect on the ulcerogenic response to loxoprofen, probably by inhibiting the rise in iNOS and NO levels in the gastric mucosa. ..
- Fujino K, Ogura Y, Sato K, Nedachi T. Potential neuroprotective effects of SIRT1 induced by glucose deprivation in PC12 cells. Neurosci Lett. 2013;557 Pt B:148-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found the potent SIRT1 inhibitor enhanced glucose deprivation-induced cell death. Therefore, we propose that glucose deprivation-induced SIRT1 expression potentially plays a major role in protecting PC12 cells...
- Kikuchi A, Kaibuchi K, Hori Y, Nonaka H, Sakoda T, Kawamura M, et al. Molecular cloning of the human cDNA for a stimulatory GDP/GTP exchange protein for c-Ki-ras p21 and smg p21. Oncogene. 1992;7:289-93 pubmed..The isolated cDNA is expressed in Escherichia coli, and the encoded protein shows the physical and functional properties similar to those of bovine smg GDS. ..
- Fujimoto K, Mizuguchi H, Fukui H, Wada H. Presynaptic localization of histamine H3-receptors in rat brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:907-12 pubmed..Only a negligible amount was recovered in the MYE fraction, unlike the histamine H3- and adrenaline alpha 2-receptors. ..
- Sakamoto K, Resau J, Shamsuddin A, Yuasa Y, Hoshino H, Nakano G, et al. Long-term explant culture of human colon and a 3-step transformation model for rat colonic epithelium. Pathobiology. 1991;59:404-11 pubmed..g., ulcerative colitis; Barret's esophagus, etc.). ..
- Kanekura T, Miyauchi T, Tashiro M, Muramatsu T. Basigin, a new member of the immunoglobulin superfamily: genes in different mammalian species, glycosylation changes in the molecule from adult organs and possible variation in the N-terminal sequences. Cell Struct Funct. 1991;16:23-30 pubmed..Another source of heterogeneity of basigin may be differences in N-terminal sequences, since cDNA clones with different 5' coding sequences were identified. ..
- Matsuzawa A, Moriyama T, Kaneko T, Tanaka M, Kimura M, Ikeda H, et al. A new allele of the lpr locus, lprcg, that complements the gld gene in induction of lymphadenopathy in the mouse. J Exp Med. 1990;171:519-31 pubmed
- Akira S, Nishio Y, Inoue M, Wang X, Wei S, Matsusaka T, et al. Molecular cloning of APRF, a novel IFN-stimulated gene factor 3 p91-related transcription factor involved in the gp130-mediated signaling pathway. Cell. 1994;77:63-71 pubmed
- Kamibayashi Y, Oyamada M, Oyamada Y, Mori M. Expression of gap junction proteins connexin 26 and 43 is modulated during differentiation of keratinocytes in newborn mouse epidermis. J Invest Dermatol. 1993;101:773-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the modulation of connexin expression from Cx43 to Cx26 takes place during terminal differentiation of keratinocytes in mouse epidermis. ..
- Inaguma Y, Hasegawa K, Kato K, Nishida Y. cDNA cloning of a 20-kDa protein (p20) highly homologous to small heat shock proteins: developmental and physiological changes in rat hindlimb muscles. Gene. 1996;178:145-50 pubmed..Developmental changes and a sciatic nerve denervation experiment suggested that the expression of p20 in rat hindlimb muscle is related to muscle contraction, and specifically in slow-twitch muscles. ..
- Song C, Okumoto M, Mori N, Yamate J, Sakuma S, Kim J, et al. A new hereditary cataract mouse with lens rupture. Lab Anim. 1997;31:248-53 pubmed..MGD-JNUM-37399). The new cataract model mouse will be a good tool for the genetic analysis and molecular biological study of cataractogenesis. ..
- Kojima H, Nakatsubo N, Kikuchi K, Kawahara S, Kirino Y, Nagoshi H, et al. Detection and imaging of nitric oxide with novel fluorescent indicators: diaminofluoresceins. Anal Chem. 1998;70:2446-53 pubmed..The dye was loaded into activated rat aortic smooth muscle cells, where the ester bonds are hydrolyzed by intracellular esterase, generating DAF-2. The fluorescence in the cells increased in a NO concentration-dependent manner. ..
- Kumagai Y, Midorikawa K, Nakai Y, Yoshikawa T, Kushida K, Homma Takeda S, et al. Inhibition of nitric oxide formation and superoxide generation during reduction of LY83583 by neuronal nitric oxide synthase. Eur J Pharmacol. 1998;360:213-8 pubmed
- Molotkov A, Satoh M, Tohyama C. Tumor growth and food intake in interleukin-6 gene knock-out mice. Cancer Lett. 1998;132:187-92 pubmed..We propose that both IL-6 secretion and cancer cachexia syndrome may be involved in the defense mechanism against tumor progression. ..
- Hosoda T, Suzuki H, Harada M, Tsuchiya K, Han S, Zhang Y, et al. Evolutionary trends of the mitochondrial lineage differentiation in species of genera Martes and Mustela. Genes Genet Syst. 2000;75:259-67 pubmed..In addition, the Eurasian continent itself was shown to have been involved in the species diversification in the martens and weasels. ..
- Urabe K, Jingushi S, Ikenoue T, Okazaki K, Sakai H, Li C, et al. Immature osteoblastic cells express the pro-alpha2(XI) collagen gene during bone formation in vitro and in vivo. J Orthop Res. 2001;19:1013-20 pubmed..These results indicate that the splicing pattern of exons 6-8 in osteoblastic cells is different from the pattern in chondrocytes. ..
- Ohashi Y, Inoue R, Tanaka K, Umesaki Y, Ushida K. Strain gauge force transducer and its application in a pig model to evaluate the effect of probiotic on colonic motility. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2001;47:351-6 pubmed..Such effects of the fermented milk on motility of the terminal colon are discussed in relation to the movement of digesta. The effects may relate to the stimulation of colonic fermentation as shown by a decrease in fecal pH. ..
- Uchiyama N, Matsunaga K, Kiuchi F, Honda G, Tsubouchi A, Nakajima Shimada J, et al. Trypanocidal terpenoids from Laurus nobilis L. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2002;50:1514-6 pubmed..The minimum lethal concentrations of these compounds against epimastigotes of Trypanosoma cruzi were 6.3, 2.5, and 1.4 microM, respectively...
- Shikano N, Kanai Y, Kawai K, Inatomi J, Kim D, Ishikawa N, et al. Isoform selectivity of 3-125I-iodo-alpha-methyl-L-tyrosine membrane transport in human L-type amino acid transporters. J Nucl Med. 2003;44:244-6 pubmed..95-fold higher than that via hLAT2 (P < 0.005). (125)I-IMT transport was hLAT1 selective. Investigations on the isoform selectivity of (125)I-IMT transport with other transporters are anticipated. ..
- Shiratsuchi A, Watanabe I, Takeuchi O, Akira S, Nakanishi Y. Inhibitory effect of Toll-like receptor 4 on fusion between phagosomes and endosomes/lysosomes in macrophages. J Immunol. 2004;172:2039-47 pubmed..All these results collectively indicate that TLR4 negatively regulates the degradation of engulfed cells in macrophages via a pathway independent of NF-kappaB. ..
- Takami S, Goryo M, Masegi T, Okada K. Histopathological characteristics of spindle-cell proliferative disease in broiler chickens and its experimental reproduction in specific pathogen-free chickens. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:231-5 pubmed..Reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction performed using primers specific for subgroup J avian leukosis virus (ALV) produced specific amplifications of subgroup J ALV genes in 4 of 5 field cases examined. ..
- Gomez D, Sato J, Mushiake K, Isshiki T, Okinaka Y, Nakai T. PCR-based detection of betanodaviruses from cultured and wild marine fish with no clinical signs. J Fish Dis. 2004;27:603-8 pubmed
- Adachi S, Kotani K, Shimizu T, Tanaka K, Shimizu T, Okada K. Asymptomatic fascioliasis. Intern Med. 2005;44:1013-5 pubmed..From our experience, laparoscopy with liver biopsy is very important for diagnosing human fascioliasis, particularly for asymptomatic fascioliasis. ..
- Asanuma N, Hino T. Presence of NAD+-specific glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and CcpA-dependent transcription of its gene in the ruminal bacterium Streptococcus bovis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;257:17-23 pubmed..In addition, S. bovis did not have other NADPH-producing systems such as the hexose monophosphate pathway and NADPH:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Therefore, GAPN may play an important role in NADPH production in S. bovis...
- Niikura K. Effect of a V-ATPase inhibitor, FR202126, in syngeneic mouse model of experimental bone metastasis. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2007;60:555-62 pubmed..These results suggest that the anti-bone resorptive effect of the V-ATPase inhibitor might be useful for treating bone metastases associated with breast cancer. ..
- Togayachi A, Kozono Y, Ishida H, Abe S, Suzuki N, Tsunoda Y, et al. Polylactosamine on glycoproteins influences basal levels of lymphocyte and macrophage activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15829-34 pubmed..These results indicate that polylactosamine on N-glycans is a putative immune regulatory factor presumably suppressing excessive responses during immune reactions. ..
- Yamazaki T, Waki H, Kohsaka A, Nakamura T, Cui H, Yukawa K, et al. Microinjection of urocortin into the rat nucleus tractus solitarii decreases arterial blood pressure. Auton Neurosci. 2008;142:51-4 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Ucn I in the NTS may play an important role in cardiovascular regulation and the cardiovascular effects of Ucn I may be mediated by activation of both CRF-R1 and -R2, which are known to be present in the NTS. ..
- Higashi K, Mikami T, Yamada T, Kawashima H, Kimura T, Kaneko H. A novel adipokine GM2AP impairs insulin signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:571-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, treatment of rat pheochromocytoma PC12 NS1 cells with GM2AP impaired NGF signal transduction. Taken together, these results provide novel insights into the physiological functions of GM2AP in obesity...
- Namiki S, Kanzaki R. Offset response of the olfactory projection neurons in the moth antennal lobe. Biosystems. 2011;103:348-54 pubmed publisher..The offset-activated glomeruli tended to be widely distributed, whereas the onset-activated glomeruli were relatively clustered. These results suggest the importance of lateral interaction in shaping the offset olfactory response. ..
- Ogawa M, Yamaji R, Higashimura Y, Harada N, Ashida H, Nakano Y, et al. 17?-estradiol represses myogenic differentiation by increasing ubiquitin-specific peptidase 19 through estrogen receptor ?. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:41455-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that (i) E2 induces USP19 expression through nuclear ER?, (ii) increased USP19-mediated deubiquitinating activity represses myogenesis, and (iii) ER? inhibits ER?-activated USP19 expression. ..
- D Alessandro Gabazza C, Kobayashi T, Boveda Ruiz D, Takagi T, Toda M, Gil Bernabe P, et al. Development and preclinical efficacy of novel transforming growth factor-?1 short interfering RNAs for pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;46:397-406 pubmed publisher..Mice showed no off-target effects after intratracheal administration of siRNA. These results suggest the applicability of these novel siRNAs as tools for treating pulmonary fibrosis in humans. ..
- Sato T, Kajiwara R, Takashima I, Iijima T. A novel method for quantifying similarities between oscillatory neural responses in wavelet time-frequency power profiles. Brain Res. 2016;1636:107-117 pubmed publisher..This wavelet correlation analysis may be useful for quantifying the similarities of transient oscillatory neural responses. ..
- Horimizu R, Ogawa R, Watanabe Y, Tatsukawa H, Kinoshita M, Hashimoto H, et al. Biochemical characterization of a medaka (Oryzias latipes) orthologue for mammalian Factor XIII and establishment of a gene-edited mutant. FEBS J. 2017;284:2843-2855 pubmed publisher..The loss of FXIIIA expression was validated in the mutants, and phenotypes, such as absence of fibrin cross-linking, were investigated in the established mutant fish. ..
- Sugihara H, Moriyoshi K, Ishii T, Masu M, Nakanishi S. Structures and properties of seven isoforms of the NMDA receptor generated by alternative splicing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;185:826-32 pubmed..These data indicate that the NMDA receptor consists of heterogeneous molecules that differ in the extracellular sequence of the amino- and carboxyl-terminal regions. ..
- Ikeda Y, Fukuoka Y, Motomura K, Yasuda T, Nishino T. Paradoxical activity of beta-lactam antibiotics against Proteus vulgaris in experimental infection in mice. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1990;34:94-7 pubmed..vulgaris occurs by the same mechanisms as the in vitro effect and that the high beta-lactamase inducibility and low beta-lactamase stability may account for the paradoxical therapeutic effect of cefmenoxime against P. vulgaris...
- Matsubasa T, Takiguchi M, Amaya Y, Matsuda I, Mori M. Structure of the rat argininosuccinate lyase gene: close similarity to chicken delta-crystallin genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:592-6 pubmed
- Hirono H, Hayasaka K, Sato W, Takahashi T, Takada G. Isolation of cDNA encoding the human liver phosphorylase kinase alpha subunit (PHKA2) and identification of a missense mutation of the PHKA2 gene in a family with liver phosphorylase kinase deficiency. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1995;36:505-11 pubmed..We identified a missense mutation, a valine substitution for glycine at amino acid 193, in the PHKA2 gene of a family with XLG. ..
- Sugihara T, Kaul S, Mitsui Y, Wadhwa R. Enhanced expression of multiple forms of VEGF is associated with spontaneous immortalization of murine fibroblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1224:365-70 pubmed..The study points to the involvement of VEGF function during spontaneous immortalization of mouse embryonic fibroblasts. ..
- Miura R, Shiota K, Noda K, Yagi S, Ogawa T, Takahashi M. Molecular cloning of cDNA for rat ovarian 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD1). Biochem J. 1994;299 ( Pt 2):561-7 pubmed
- Otsuka S, Tanaka M, Saito S, Yoshimoto K, Itakura M. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding human ribosomal protein L39. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1308:119-21 pubmed..Although levels of hRPL39 mRNA were different in several cell lines including carcinoma cell lines from different tissues, they were shown not to be cell cycle-dependent in a human fibroblast cell line of TIG-1. ..
- Ozawa H, Yamashita K, Sakuraba H, Itoh K, Kase R, Tai T. Generation and characterization of mouse monoclonal antibodies specific for N-linked neutral oligosaccharides of glycoproteins. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;342:48-57 pubmed..MAb OMB4 was also shown to detect the accumulated oligosaccharides with nonreducing terminal beta-GlcNAc residues as granular inclusions in the cultured fibroblasts from a classical Sandhoff disease patient...
- Yoshida I, Tsuzuki S, Abdel Salam S, Ino M, Korayem A, Sakurai S, et al. Bombyxin F1 gene: structure and expression of a new bombyxin family gene that forms a pair with bombyxin B10 gene. Zoolog Sci. 1997;14:615-22 pubmed..Genomic Southern hybridization indicated that the Bombyx haploid genome contains a single copy of the family-F bombyxin gene. ..
- Yamamoto H, Kishida S, Uochi T, Ikeda S, Koyama S, Asashima M, et al. Axil, a member of the Axin family, interacts with both glycogen synthase kinase 3beta and beta-catenin and inhibits axis formation of Xenopus embryos. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2867-75 pubmed..These results indicate that Axil negatively regulates the Wnt signaling pathway by mediating GSK-3beta-dependent phosphorylation of beta-catenin, thereby inhibiting axis formation. ..
- Nishikawa Y, Xuan X, Otsuka H. Identification and characterization of the glycoprotein E and I genes of canine herpesvirus. Virus Res. 1998;56:77-92 pubmed..The precursor of DFD-6 gI is modified to the mature form by N-linked glycosylation only in the presence of gE. ..
- Otsuki M, Fukami K, Kohno T, Yokota J, Takenawa T. Identification and characterization of a new phospholipase C-like protein, PLC-L(2). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;266:97-103 pubmed..All these results suggest that PLC-L(2) plays an important role in the regulation of Ins(1,4, 5)P(3) around the endoplasmic reticulum on which the Ins(1,4,5)P(3) receptor exists. ..
- Kuboniwa M, Amano A, Shizukuishi S, Nakagawa I, Hamada S. Specific antibodies to Porphyromonas gingivalis Lys-gingipain by DNA vaccination inhibit bacterial binding to hemoglobin and protect mice from infection. Infect Immun. 2001;69:2972-9 pubmed..These results suggest that KGP(cd) acts as a hemoglobin-binding protein and can also be useful as an immunogen inducing a protective response to P. gingivalis infection. ..
- Nakamura K, Iwasawa A, Kidokoro H, Komoda M, Zheng J, Maseki Y, et al. Development of thyroid-stimulating hormone beta subunit-producing cells in the chicken embryonic pituitary gland. Cells Tissues Organs. 2004;177:21-8 pubmed
- Ohmori K, Maeda S, Okayama T, Masuda K, Ohno K, Tsujimoto H. Molecular cloning of canine activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID) cDNA and its expression in normal tissues. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:739-41 pubmed..9%, 94.4%, and 89.9% homology with human, mouse, and chicken homologues, respectively. Canine AID mRNA was expressed in thymus, lung, spleen, kidney, small intestine, lymph node, and tonsil of a healthy dog, similar to humans. ..
- Iwakura Y, Piao Y, Mizuno M, Takei N, Kakita A, Takahashi H, et al. Influences of dopaminergic lesion on epidermal growth factor-ErbB signals in Parkinson's disease and its model: neurotrophic implication in nigrostriatal neurons. J Neurochem. 2005;93:974-83 pubmed..These findings suggest that the neurotrophic activity of EGF is maintained by afferent signals of midbrain dopaminergic neurons and is impaired in patients with Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ito Y, Inoue D, Kido S, Matsumoto T. c-Fos degradation by the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway in osteoclast progenitors. Bone. 2005;37:842-9 pubmed..Our results further imply that c-Fos stabilization due to dynamic changes in the ubiquitin-proteasome-dependent degradation may be involved in the accumulation of c-Fos protein in differentiating preosteoclasts. ..
- Nakagawa M, Ichikawa M, Kumano K, Goyama S, Kawazu M, Asai T, et al. AML1/Runx1 rescues Notch1-null mutation-induced deficiency of para-aortic splanchnopleural hematopoiesis. Blood. 2006;108:3329-34 pubmed..Our findings also suggest that Notch signaling may modulate both expression and transcriptional activity of Runx1. ..
- Yamada M, Shimohata M, Sato T, Tsuji S, Takahashi H. Polyglutamine disease: recent advances in the neuropathology of dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy. Neuropathology. 2006;26:346-51 pubmed..Polyglutamine diseases have a similarity with neuronal storage disease, and this pathological process might become a target for the establishment of an effective therapy for these diseases...
- Kimura Y, Saito M, Kimata Y, Kohno K. Transgenic mice expressing a fully nontoxic diphtheria toxin mutant, not CRM197 mutant, acquire immune tolerance against diphtheria toxin. J Biochem. 2007;142:105-12 pubmed..On the other hand, the K51E/E148K DT mutant exhibited no detectable cytotoxicity. This led us to successfully obtain DT gene transgenic mice, which exhibited no histological abnormalities, and indeed acquired immune tolerance to DT. ..
- Miyagawa S, Satoh Y, Haraguchi R, Suzuki K, Iguchi T, Taketo M, et al. Genetic interactions of the androgen and Wnt/beta-catenin pathways for the masculinization of external genitalia. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:871-80 pubmed publisher..These results also shed new insight on the reproductive genetics and the causative factors of genital disorders...
- Tsujino N, Sakurai T. Orexin/hypocretin: a neuropeptide at the interface of sleep, energy homeostasis, and reward system. Pharmacol Rev. 2009;61:162-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this system may be a potentially important therapeutic target for treatment of sleep disorder, obesity, emotional stress, and addiction. ..
- Takahashi S. Combination therapy with arsenic trioxide for hematological malignancies. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2010;10:504-10 pubmed
- Kizaka Kondoh S, Kuchimaru T, Kadonosono T. Pathophysiological response to hypoxia - from the molecular mechanisms of malady to drug discovery:hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1)-active cells as a target for cancer therapy. J Pharmacol Sci. 2011;115:440-5 pubmed..Therefore, targeting strategies to counteract HIF-1-active cells are essential for cancer therapy. In this study, we introduce a novel strategy for targeting HIF-1-active cells. ..
- Tsutsui S, Komatsu Y, Sugiura T, Araki K, Nakamura O. A unique epidermal mucus lectin identified from catfish (Silurus asotus): first evidence of intelectin in fish skin slime. J Biochem. 2011;150:501-14 pubmed publisher..These findings represent one of the few examples of characterization and functional analysis of a fish intelectin protein. ..
- Ogihara N, Usui Y, Aoki K, Shimizu M, Narita N, Hara K, et al. Biocompatibility and bone tissue compatibility of alumina ceramics reinforced with carbon nanotubes. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2012;7:981-93 pubmed publisher..Owing to proven good biocompatibility and bone tissue compatibility, the application of CNT/alumina composites as biomaterials that contact bone, such as prostheses in arthroplasty and devices for bone repair, are expected. ..
- Murayama M, Kakuta S, Maruhashi T, Shimizu K, Seno A, Kubo S, et al. CTRP3 plays an important role in the development of collagen-induced arthritis in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:42-8 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that CTRP3 plays an important role in the development of autoimmune arthritis, suggesting CTRP3 as a possible medicine to treat RA. ..
- Uchida A, Onoue S, Ohtake H, Seto Y, Teramatsu T, Terajima T, et al. Photochemical Mechanism of Riboflavin-Induced Degradation of Famotidine and a Suggested Pharmaceutical Strategy for Improving Photostability. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:741-746 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ROS-mediated photochemical reaction would be involved in the photodegradation pathway of FMT/RF, and the complementary use of VC might be an attractive approach to improve the photostability of FMT/RF. ..
- Kanda M, Yamanaka H, Kojo S, Usui Y, Honda H, Sotomaru Y, et al. Transcriptional regulator Bhlhe40 works as a cofactor of T-bet in the regulation of IFN-? production in iNKT cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E3394-402 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Bhlhe40 works as a cofactor of T-bet for enhancing IFN-? production in iNKT cells. ..
- Sakumoto R, Hayashi K, Fujii S, Kanahara H, Hosoe M, Furusawa T, et al. Possible Roles of CC- and CXC-Chemokines in Regulating Bovine Endometrial Function during Early Pregnancy. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These genes may contribute to the regulation of endometrial function by inhibiting COX2 and OTR expression, subsequently decreasing prostaglandin production and preventing luteolysis in cows. ..
- Meekhanon N, Kaewmongkol S, Phimpraphai W, Okura M, Osaki M, Sekizaki T, et al. Potentially hazardous Streptococcus suis strains latent in asymptomatic pigs in a major swine production area of Thailand. J Med Microbiol. 2017;66:662-669 pubmed publisher..Our results showed the population structure differences between S. suis in central Thailand and other regions; however, zoonotic S. suis is certainly latent in asymptomatic pigs in this intensive swine production area. ..
- Tomomura M, Nakagawa K, Saheki T. Proto-oncogene c-jun and c-fos messenger RNAs increase in the liver of carnitine-deficient juvenile visceral steatosis (jvs) mice. FEBS Lett. 1992;311:63-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the pattern of the gene expression in jvs mice partly resembles the one that occurs in undifferentiated hepatocytes and/or hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Sekihara H, Yonemitsu K, Takaku F. Enhancement of the hypertensinogenic action of 19-hydroxyandrostenedione by aromatase inhibitor, delta 1-testololactone. Endocrinology. 1987;121:1931-6 pubmed..These results indicate that aromatose inhibitors enhance the hypertensinogenic action of 19-OH-A-dione by decreasing the degradation of 19-OH-A-dione. ..
- Nakamura T, Ushijima T, Ishizaka Y, Nagao M, Arai M, Yamazaki Y, et al. Cloning and activation of the Syrian hamster neu proto-oncogene. Gene. 1994;140:251-5 pubmed..The encoded product is 92 and 88% homologous to the rat neu and the human c-erbB-2, respectively. The product of the mutated hamster neu gene showed increased autophosphorylation of Tyr residues. ..
- Matsushima M, Ichinose M, Yahagi N, Kakei N, Tsukada S, Miki K, et al. Structural characterization of porcine enteropeptidase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:19976-82 pubmed..The structural model of the L chain suggests that the sequence, Arg885-Arg-Arg-Lys888, is probably involved in the unique substrate specificity of the enzyme, preferring acidic amino acid residues at the P2-P5 sites. ..
- Uchiyama T. Human T cell leukemia virus type I (HTLV-I) and human diseases. Annu Rev Immunol. 1997;15:15-37 pubmed