Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Denmark
Publications521 found, 100 shown here
- Rojek A, Skowronski M, Füchtbauer E, Füchtbauer A, Fenton R, Agre P, et al. Defective glycerol metabolism in aquaporin 9 (AQP9) knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3609-14 pubmed..Thus, AQP9 is important for hepatic glycerol metabolism and may play a role in glycerol and glucose metabolism in diabetes mellitus. ..
- Metzdorff S, Dalgaard M, Christiansen S, Axelstad M, Hass U, Kiersgaard M, et al. Dysgenesis and histological changes of genitals and perturbations of gene expression in male rats after in utero exposure to antiandrogen mixtures. Toxicol Sci. 2007;98:87-98 pubmed..Exposure to antiandrogens, which appears to exert only small effects when judged on a chemical-by-chemical basis, may induce marked responses in concert with, possibly unrecognized, similarly acting chemicals...
- Blechingberg J, Lykke Andersen S, Jensen T, Jørgensen A, Nielsen A. Regulatory mechanisms for 3'-end alternative splicing and polyadenylation of the Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein, GFAP, transcript. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:7636-50 pubmed..Our data suggest a model with the selection of the exon 7a polyadenylation site being the essential and primary event for regulating GFAP alternative processing. ..
- Nielsen E, Enøe C, Jorsal S, Barfod K, Svensmark B, Bille Hansen V, et al. Postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome in Danish pig herds: productivity, clinical signs and pathology. Vet Rec. 2008;162:505-8 pubmed..7 probability of a positive pmws diagnosis by laboratory examinations. However, for illthriven pigs, this probability of having pmws was equal in the case herds and the control herds. ..
- Kjeldgaard J, Jørgensen K, Ingmer H. Growth and survival at chiller temperatures of Arcobacter butzleri. Int J Food Microbiol. 2009;131:256-9 pubmed publisher..Given the ability to survive, multiply and form biofilm under chilled conditions A. butzleri appears well suited for establishment in food processing and slaughterhouse environments. ..
- Olrik Berthelsen L, Thuri Kristensen A, Wiinberg B, Tranholm M. Implementation of the ISTH classification of non-overt DIC in a thromboplastin induced rabbit model. Thromb Res. 2009;124:490-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the non-overt ISTH score can be applied to evaluate severity and progression of DIC in a standardized manner in this thromboplastin induced rabbit model. ..
- Holmstrup M, Bindesbøl A, Oostingh G, Duschl A, Scheil V, Köhler H, et al. Interactions between effects of environmental chemicals and natural stressors: a review. Sci Total Environ. 2010;408:3746-62 pubmed publisher..The challenge for future studies will therefore be to include aspects of combined stressors in effect and risk assessment of chemicals in the environment...
- Madsen M, Birck M, Fredholm M, Cirera S. Expression studies of the obesity candidate gene FTO in pig. Anim Biotechnol. 2010;21:51-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SNPs were investigated in the coding sequence of the FTO in the Gottingen minipig and in the Danish commercial pig. Eleven synonymous SNPs and a two bp insertion were found between the two pig lines. ..
- Hansen B, Jeppesen L, Berg P. Stereotypic behaviour in farm mink (Neovison vison) can be reduced by selection. J Anim Breed Genet. 2010;127:64-73 pubmed publisher..Consequences of selection for reduced SB can be changes in other behaviour traits, body weight and litter size, depending on the genetic correlation between the traits...
- Klein M. Postoperative non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and colorectal anastomotic leakage. NSAIDs and anastomotic leakage. Dan Med J. 2012;59:B4420 pubmed..It should be investigated whether the NSAIDs are also harmful to other types of anastomoses and after other surgical procedures where early tissue healing is crucial. ..
- Bojesen K, Clausen O, Rohde K, Christensen C, Zhang L, Li S, et al. Nectin-1 binds and signals through the fibroblast growth factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37420-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we constructed a peptide, nectide, by employing in silico modeling of various FGFR ligand-binding sites. Nectide mimicked all the effects of nectin-1 Ig3. We suggest that FGFR is a downstream signaling partner of nectin-1. ..
- Henningsen K, Dyrvig M, Bouzinova E, Christiansen S, Christensen T, Andreasen J, et al. Low maternal care exacerbates adult stress susceptibility in the chronic mild stress rat model of depression. Behav Pharmacol. 2012;23:735-43 pubmed publisher..Assessment of methylation in the resilient versus anhedonic-like rat phenotypes, revealed only minor differences. Thus, maternal care status seems to be a strong predictor or trait marker for the behavioural phenotype. ..
- Strathe A, Velander I, Mark T, Kadarmideen H. Genetic parameters for androstenone and skatole as indicators of boar taint and their relationship to production and litter size traits in Danish Landrace. J Anim Sci. 2013;91:2587-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, animal breeding offers an effective and sustainable solution to surgical castration of male piglets. ..
- von Rosen T, Rangelova D, Nielsen J, Rasmussen T, Uttenthal A. DIVA vaccine properties of the live chimeric pestivirus strain CP7_E2gif. Vet Microbiol. 2014;170:224-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CP7_E2gif has the potential to be used as a DIVA vaccine in combination with detection of anti-CSFV E2-specific antibodies. ..
- Hansen H, Barkholt P, Fabricius K, Jelsing J, Terwel D, Pyke C, et al. The GLP-1 receptor agonist liraglutide reduces pathology-specific tau phosphorylation and improves motor function in a transgenic hTauP301L mouse model of tauopathy. Brain Res. 2016;1634:158-170 pubmed publisher..9Â±10.2% (p<0.001) in hTauP301L mice, as compared to vehicle-dosed controls. In conclusion, liraglutide significantly reduced tau pathology in a transgenic mouse tauopathy model. ..
- Hansen S, Laursen N, Andersen G, Andersen K. Introducing site-specific cysteines into nanobodies for mercury labelling allows de novo phasing of their crystal structures. Acta Crystallogr D Struct Biol. 2017;73:804-813 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that Cys-Hg-labelled nanobodies may become efficient tools for obtaining de novo phase information during the structure determination of nanobody-protein complexes...
- Bersani M, Thim L, Baldissera F, Holst J. Prosomatostatin 1-64 is a major product of somatostatin gene expression in pancreas and gut. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:10633-6 pubmed..The eventual hormonal role of pro-SS 1-64 may now be evaluated. ..
- Brimer L, Henriksen S, Gyrd Hansen N, Rasmussen F. Evaluation of an in vitro method for acaricidal effect. Activity of parathion, phosmet and phoxim against Sarcoptes scabiei. Vet Parasitol. 1993;51:123-35 pubmed..This discrepancy was ascribed to different rates of uptake through the cuticula due to differences in the lipophilicity of the OPs. ..
- Christensen E, Moskaug J, Vorum H, Jacobsen C, Gundersen T, Nykjaer A, et al. Evidence for an essential role of megalin in transepithelial transport of retinol. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1999;10:685-95 pubmed..The present data show that the absence of RBP-binding megalin causes a significantly increased loss of RBP and retinol in the urine, demonstrating a crucial role of megalin in vitamin A homeostasis. ..
- Wollenberger L, Halling Sørensen B, Kusk K. Acute and chronic toxicity of veterinary antibiotics to Daphnia magna. Chemosphere. 2000;40:723-30 pubmed..The observed toxicity of OA to D. magna indicates that this substance, which is a commonly used feed additive in fish farms, has a potential to cause adverse effects on the aquatic environment. ..
- Kinnberg K, Korsgaard B, Bjerregaard P. Concentration-dependent effects of nonylphenol on testis structure in adult platyfish Xiphophorus maculatus. Mar Environ Res. 2000;50:169-73 pubmed..The effects were more pronounced at the higher concentrations of nonylphenol. This study strongly suggests that exposure to nonylphenol can result in decreased fertility in X. maculatus males. ..
- Melsen B. Tissue reaction to orthodontic tooth movement--a new paradigm. Eur J Orthod. 2001;23:671-81 pubmed..The results of the intrusion could, according to the new hypothesis, be perceived as bending of the alveolar wall produced by the pull from Sharpey's fibres. ..
- Bondebjerg J, Xiang Z, Bauzo R, Haskell Luevano C, Meldal M. A solid-phase approach to mouse melanocortin receptor agonists derived from a novel thioether cyclized peptidomimetic scaffold. J Am Chem Soc. 2002;124:11046-55 pubmed..In addition, some of the compounds showed moderate selectivity for the mMC1R. ..
- Andersen C, Wold J. Fluorescence of muscle and connective tissue from cod and salmon. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:470-6 pubmed..There was no relation between texture and fluorescence spectra. Fluorescence of fish muscle could be related to the storage time. However, this relation seemed not to be induced by changes in collagen. ..
- Struve C, Krogfelt K. Role of capsule in Klebsiella pneumoniae virulence: lack of correlation between in vitro and in vivo studies. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;218:149-54 pubmed..Our study demonstrates the caution needed when extrapolating from results of in vitro studies and emphasizes the necessity of in vivo models in studies of bacterial virulence...
- Siegismund H. Disparity in population differentiation of sex-linked and autosomal variation in sibling species of the Jaera albifrons (Isopoda) complex. J Hered. 2002;93:432-9 pubmed..The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes...
- Kristensen B, Noraberg J, Zimmer J. The GABAA receptor agonist THIP is neuroprotective in organotypic hippocampal slice cultures. Brain Res. 2003;973:303-6 pubmed..The results demonstrate that direct GABA(A) agonism can mediate neuroprotection in the hippocampus in vitro as previously suggested in vivo. ..
- Schauser K, Olsen J, Larsson L. Immunocytochemical studies of Salmonella Typhimurium invasion of porcine jejunal epithelial cells. J Med Microbiol. 2004;53:691-5 pubmed..Such changes were confined to the proximal region of the jejunum, demonstrating a regional heterogeneity of intestinal epithelial cell responses to Salmonella infection. ..
- Müller G, Geist M, Veng L, Willesen M, Johansen F, Leist M, et al. A role for mixed lineage kinases in granule cell apoptosis induced by cytoskeletal disruption. J Neurochem. 2006;96:1242-52 pubmed..We conclude that colchicine-induced neuronal apoptosis involves the JNK/MLK pathway, and that protection of granule cells can be achieved by MLK inhibition. ..
- Rosenkilde M, Benned Jensen T, Andersen H, Holst P, Kledal T, Lüttichau H, et al. Molecular pharmacological phenotyping of EBI2. An orphan seven-transmembrane receptor with constitutive activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13199-208 pubmed..3. Based on the constitutive signaling and cellular expression pattern of EBI2, it is suggested that it may function in conjunction with BILF1 in the reprogramming of the cell during EBV infection. ..
- Juhl L, Petersen K, Larsen E, Jansen Olesen I, Olesen J. The in vivo effect of adrenomedullin on rat dural and pial arteries. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;538:101-7 pubmed..In conclusion, we suggest that adrenomedullin in the rat cranial circulation dilates dural and pial arteries, reduces mean arterial blood pressure and increases LCBF(Flux), probably via a CGRP1-receptor. ..
- Kristensen M, Huang J, Qiao C, Jespersen J. Variation of Musca domestica L. acetylcholinesterase in Danish housefly populations. Pest Manag Sci. 2006;62:738-45 pubmed..The data are very heterogeneous, and a correlation of molecular genetic background and resistance of phenotypes is not obvious with the available data...
- Pinelo M, Landbo A, Vikbjerg A, Meyer A. Effect of clarification techniques and rat intestinal extract incubation on phenolic composition and antioxidant activity of black currant juice. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:6564-71 pubmed
- Jørgensen K, Cold U, Fischer K. Accumulation and depuration of okadaic acid esters in the European green crab (Carcinus maenas) during a feeding study. Toxicon. 2008;51:468-72 pubmed..The results show that the content of DSP toxins in a commercial product of soft shell European green crab (without digestive organs) could be regarded as negligible. ..
- Schjoldager K, Maltesen H, Balmer S, Lund L, Claesson M, Sjostrom H, et al. Cellular cross talk in the small intestinal mucosa: postnatal lymphocytic immigration elicits a specific epithelial transcriptional response. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;294:G1335-43 pubmed publisher..All three genes were shown to be expressed by the epithelium and to be upregulated in response to lymphocytic migration into the small intestinal mucosa. ..
- Jessen N, Selmer Buhl E, Pold R, Schmitz O, Lund S. A novel insulin sensitizer (S15511) enhances insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in rat skeletal muscles. Horm Metab Res. 2008;40:269-75 pubmed publisher..Together these data show S15511 to be a potentially promising new drug in the treatment and prevention of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Hansen G, Rasmussen K, Niels Christiansen L, Danielsen E. Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein: localization in secretory granules of Paneth cells in the mouse small intestine. Histochem Cell Biol. 2009;131:727-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Paneth cells express LBP together with other proteins acting in the innate immune response of the gut, such as lysozyme, defensins and intelectin. ..
- Skjoedt M, Hummelshoj T, Palarasah Y, Honore C, Koch C, Skjodt K, et al. A novel mannose-binding lectin/ficolin-associated protein is highly expressed in heart and skeletal muscle tissues and inhibits complement activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8234-43 pubmed publisher..It is found in complex with MBL and ficolins and may function as a potent inhibitor of the complement system in vivo. ..
- Sonne C. Health effects from long-range transported contaminants in Arctic top predators: An integrated review based on studies of polar bears and relevant model species. Environ Int. 2010;36:461-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, polar bears seem to be susceptible to contaminant induced stress that may have an overall sub-clinical impact on their health and population status via impacts on their immune and reproductive systems...
- Galbo T, Pedersen I, Fløyel T, Bang Berthelsen C, Serup P, Madsen O, et al. Novel monoclonal antibodies against Pdx1 reveal feedback regulation of Pdx1 protein levels. Eur J Histochem. 2010;54:e19 pubmed..Finally, we show that induction of exogenous Pdx1 leads to a reduction in endogenous Pdx1 levels, which suggests that a negative feedback loop is involved in maintaining correct levels of Pdx1 in the cell. ..
- Rasmussen J, Frøbert O, Pilgaard L, Kastrup J, Simonsen U, Zachar V, et al. Prolonged hypoxic culture and trypsinization increase the pro-angiogenic potential of human adipose tissue-derived stem cells. Cytotherapy. 2011;13:318-28 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated that prolonged hypoxic culture and trypsinization augment the therapeutic angiogenic potential of ASC. ..
- Sølling C, Nygaard U, Christensen A, Wogensen L, Krog J, Tønnesen E. Lymphocyte apoptosis is resistant to erythropoietin in porcine endotoxemia. APMIS. 2011;119:143-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, EPO did not modify the LPS-induced changes of MNC subsets or mitigate the levels of apoptosis of MNCs in the blood or in the spleen. This study does not support that EPO confers protection against lymphocyte apoptosis. ..
- Melgaard J, Rijkhoff N. Detecting the onset of urinary bladder contractions using an implantable pressure sensor. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2011;19:700-8 pubmed publisher..In 91 of 114 recordings the correlation coefficient was above 0.90. In conclusion, the implantable sensor performs similar to the reference sensor when used to detect the onset of bladder contractions. ..
- Sylow L, Kleinert M, Pehmøller C, Prats C, Chiu T, Klip A, et al. Akt and Rac1 signaling are jointly required for insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in skeletal muscle and downregulated in insulin resistance. Cell Signal. 2014;26:323-31 pubmed publisher..There may thus be multiple treatment targets for improving insulin sensitivity in muscle. ..
- Ibarra Urizar A, Friberg J, Christensen D, Lund Christensen G, Billestrup N. Inflammatory Cytokines Stimulate Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 Expression and Release from Pancreatic Beta Cells. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2016;36:20-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we suggest that NFÎºB stimulates BMP-2 mRNA expression in rat and human beta cells upon cytokine exposure. ..
- Walls A, Flynn S, West P, MÃ¼ller M, Bak L, Bulaj G, et al. The anticonvulsant action of the galanin receptor agonist NAX-5055 involves modulation of both excitatory- and inhibitory neurotransmission. Epilepsy Res. 2016;121:55-63 pubmed publisher..Altogether these findings may at least partly explain the anti-convulsant effect of NAX-5055 observed in vivo. ..
- Nielsen A, Pallisgaard N, Pedersen F, Jørgensen P. Murine helix-loop-helix transcriptional activator proteins binding to the E-box motif of the Akv murine leukemia virus enhancer identified by cDNA cloning. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:3449-59 pubmed..Expression in NIH 3T3 fibroblasts of GAL4-ALF1 chimeric protein stimulated expression from a minimal promoter linked to a GAL4 binding site, indicating the existence of a transcriptional activator domain in ALF1. ..
- Fedosov S, Berglund L, Nexo E, Petersen T. Sequence, S-S bridges, and spectra of bovine transcobalamin expressed in Pichia pastoris. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26015-20 pubmed..This may be caused by significant deformation of the Cbl molecule and/or by its shielding when bound to TC. ..
- Martín Hernández J, Sørensen A, Pedersen F. Murine leukemia virus proviral insertions between the N-ras and unr genes in B-cell lymphoma DNA affect the expression of N-ras only. J Virol. 2001;75:11907-12 pubmed..Thus, altogether our findings indicate that overexpression of N-ras plays a role in development of murine leukemia virus-induced B-cell lymphomas, leaving the expression of the tightly linked unr gene unaltered. ..
- Stubbe J, Jensen B, Bachmann S, Morsing P, Skøtt O. Cyclooxygenase-2 contributes to elevated renin in the early postnatal period in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2003;284:R1179-89 pubmed..We suggest that suckling in the rat is correlated to an enhanced, COX-2-mediated, secretory activity of renin-producing juxtaglomerular cells. ..
- Andersen H, Duch B, Gregersen H, Nielsen J, Ørskov H. The effect of the somatostatin analogue lanreotide on the prevention of urethral strictures in a rabbit model. Urol Res. 2003;31:25-31 pubmed..Lanreotide had no measurable effect on the development of a surgically induced stricture in the male rabbit anterior urethra, however, lanreotide seems to exert an inhibitory effect on the normal growth of the urethra. ..
- Meyrowitsch D, Simonsen P, Magesa S. A 26-year follow-up of bancroftian filariasis in two communities in north-eastern Tanzania. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2004;98:155-69 pubmed..The significance of these findings to our understanding of the natural history of W. bancrofti infection is discussed. ..
- Hjortoe G, Sorensen B, Petersen L, Rao L. Factor VIIa binding and internalization in hepatocytes. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3:2264-73 pubmed
- de Seigneux S, Kim S, Hemmingsen S, Frøkiaer J, Nielsen S. Increased expression but not targeting of ENaC in adrenalectomized rats with PAN-induced nephrotic syndrome. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F208-17 pubmed..Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286: F922-F935, 2004) is caused by aldosterone and that development of sodium retention can occur in the absence of aldosterone in NS. ..
- Hansen M, Nielsen J, Tanaka M, Almstrup K, Skakkebaek N, Leffers H. Identification and expression profiling of 10 novel spermatid expressed CYPT genes. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:568-79 pubmed..The CYPT family may function in the remodeling of the spermatid nucleus before condensation of the DNA. ..
- Schou T, Permin A, Juul Madsen H, Sørensen P, Labouriau R, Nguyên T, et al. Gastrointestinal helminths in indigenous and exotic chickens in Vietnam: association of the intensity of infection with the Major Histocompatibility Complex. Parasitology. 2007;134:561-73 pubmed..This is the first report of an association of MHC haplotype with the intensity of parasite infections in chickens. ..
- Hoffmann E, Pedersen S. Shrinkage insensitivity of NKCC1 in myosin II-depleted cytoplasts from Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1854-66 pubmed..Together these findings indicate that shrinkage activation of NKCC1 in EATC is dependent on the cortical F-actin network, myosin II, and MLCK. ..
- Nielsen J, Larsson A, Rix T, Nyboe R, Gjedsted J, Krog J, et al. The effect of activated protein C on plasma cytokine levels in a porcine model of acute endotoxemia. Intensive Care Med. 2007;33:1085-93 pubmed..We found no significant effect of rhAPC on plasma levels of either pro- or anti-inflammatory cytokines in this porcine model of acute endotoxemia. However, TNF-alpha and IL-10 peaked significantly later in the rhAPC-treated animals. ..
- Fjorback A, Varming K, Jensen P. Determination of alpha-synuclein concentration in human plasma using ELISA. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2007;67:431-5 pubmed..This narrow concentration range and the ease of measuring the quantitative ELISA support future investigations of plasma alpha-synuclein in relation to neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Elmen J, Lindow M, Silahtaroglu A, Bak M, Christensen M, Lind Thomsen A, et al. Antagonism of microRNA-122 in mice by systemically administered LNA-antimiR leads to up-regulation of a large set of predicted target mRNAs in the liver. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:1153-62 pubmed
- Josephsen K, Praetorius J, Frische S, Gawenis L, Kwon T, Agre P, et al. Targeted disruption of the Cl-/HCO3- exchanger Ae2 results in osteopetrosis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:1638-41 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, osteoclasts in Ae2-/- mice were dramatically enlarged and fail to form the normal ruffled border facing the lacunae. Thus, Ae2 is likely to be an essential component of the bone resorption mechanism in osteoclasts. ..
- Ferdushy T, Kapel C, Webster P, Al Sabi M, Grønvold J. The occurrence of Angiostrongylus vasorum in terrestrial slugs from forests and parks in the Copenhagen area, Denmark. J Helminthol. 2009;83:379-83 pubmed publisher..Only third-stage larvae (L3) were recovered from the slugs, in numbers ranging from 1 to 392 per slug. Overall 82% of the infected slugs harboured fewer than 10 larvae and only 14% harboured over 100 larvae...
- Zibert J, Skov L, Thyssen J, Jacobsen G, Grigorian M. Significance of the S100A4 protein in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:150-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we showed strong upregulation and release of S100A4 in the upper dermis of psoriatic skin and found evidence indicating that S100A4 might actively contribute to the pathogenesis of psoriasis. ..
- Babavali M, Esmann M, Fedosova N, Marsh D. Urea-induced unfolding of Na,K-ATPase as evaluated by electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2009;48:9022-30 pubmed publisher..Susceptibility of the latter could arise from the nonhomologous regions in the cytoplasmic domain...
- Aarestrup K, Okland F, Hansen M, Righton D, Gargan P, Castonguay M, et al. Oceanic spawning migration of the European eel (Anguilla anguilla). Science. 2009;325:1660 pubmed publisher..Although the tagging experiment fell short of revealing the full migration to the Sargasso Sea, the data covered the first 1300 km and provided unique insights...
- L ttichau H. The cytomegalovirus UL146 gene product vCXCL1 targets both CXCR1 and CXCR2 as an agonist. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9137-46 pubmed publisher..In that way a lasting pool of CMV-infected endothelial cells could be maintained...
- Wittenborn T, Thiel S, Jensen L, Nielsen H, Jensenius J. Characteristics and biological variations of M-ficolin, a pattern recognition molecule, in plasma. J Innate Immun. 2010;2:167-80 pubmed publisher..We suggest that M-ficolin should also be considered as a humoral pattern recognition molecule. ..
- Vaegter C, Jansen P, Fjorback A, Glerup S, Skeldal S, Kjolby M, et al. Sortilin associates with Trk receptors to enhance anterograde transport and neurotrophin signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:54-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a role for sortilin as an anterograde trafficking receptor for Trk and a positive modulator of neurotrophin-induced neuronal survival. ..
- Nielsen T, Nielsen L, Toft N. Bayesian estimation of true between-herd and within-herd prevalence of Salmonella in Danish veal calves. Prev Vet Med. 2011;100:155-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study indicated that serology is sufficiently sensitive and specific to be used for estimating the prevalence of Salmonella-infected specialised veal producing herds. ..
- Engelund M, Yu A, Li J, Madsen S, Færgeman N, Tipsmark C. Functional characterization and localization of a gill-specific claudin isoform in Atlantic salmon. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R300-11 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that claudin 30 functions as a cation barrier between pavement cells in the gill and also has a general role in cell-cell adhesion in deeper layers of the epithelium. ..
- Bennett E, Mandel U, Clausen H, Gerken T, Fritz T, Tabak L. Control of mucin-type O-glycosylation: a classification of the polypeptide GalNAc-transferase gene family. Glycobiology. 2012;22:736-56 pubmed publisher..Here, we present an overview of the GalNAc-T gene family in animals and propose a classification of the genes into subfamilies, which appear to be conserved in evolution structurally as well as functionally. ..
- Holst Sørensen M, van Alphen L, Fodor C, Crowley S, Christensen B, Szymanski C, et al. Phase variable expression of capsular polysaccharide modifications allows Campylobacter jejuni to avoid bacteriophage infection in chickens. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2012;2:11 pubmed publisher..jejuni and suggest that the constant phage predation in the avian gut selects for changes in these structures leading to a continuing phage-host co-evolution. ..
- Ostergaard J, Bjerre M, Dagnaes Hansen F, Hansen T, Thiel S, Flyvbjerg A. Diabetes-induced changes in mannan-binding lectin levels and complement activation in a mouse model of type 1 diabetes. Scand J Immunol. 2013;77:187-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the previous clinical observations of increased MBL in type 1 diabetes. This change may be explained by alternations in both MBL production and turnover. ..
- Nørskov N, Hedemann M, Lærke H, Knudsen K. Multicompartmental nontargeted LC-MS metabolomics: explorative study on the metabolic responses of rye fiber versus refined wheat fiber intake in plasma and urine of hypercholesterolemic pigs. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:2818-32 pubmed publisher..The use of multicompartmental metabolomics offered higher order information, including intercompartment relationships, and provided novel targets for future research. ..
- Schou K, Andersen J, Pedersen L. A divergent calponin homology (NN-CH) domain defines a novel family: implications for evolution of ciliary IFT complex B proteins. Bioinformatics. 2014;30:899-902 pubmed publisher..We have named the divergent CH-like domain NN-CH after the founding members NDC80 and NUF2. ..
- Karstrup C, Pedersen H, Jensen T, Agerholm J. Bacterial invasion of the uterus and oviducts in bovine pyometra. Theriogenology. 2017;93:93-98 pubmed publisher..Trueperella pyogenes did not invade the uterine tissue. In addition to endometrial lesions, most cows with pyometra also had salpingitis but without significant bacterial invasion of the oviductal wall. ..
- Balschmidt P, Hansen F, Dodson E, Dodson G, Korber F. Structure of porcine insulin cocrystallized with clupeine Z. Acta Crystallogr B. 1991;47 ( Pt 6):975-86 pubmed..The conformation of the insulin moiety and the structural differences between the three unique monomers have been analysed. The zinc and m-cresol environments are described and the nature of the protamine binding site is outlined. ..
- Høgskilde S, Wagner J, Carl P, Anker N, Angelo H, Sørensen M. Anticonvulsive properties of pregnanolone emulsion compared with althesin and thiopentone in mice. Br J Anaesth. 1988;61:462-7 pubmed..Pregnanolone emulsion might be a useful alternative drug in the management of convulsive states resistant to conventional therapy. ..
- Honore B, Leffers H, Madsen P, Celis J. Cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel human nuclear phosphoprotein belonging to the WD-40 family. Gene. 1994;151:291-6 pubmed..Database searching indicated that IEF SSP 9502 is a putative human homologue of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae periodic Trp protein, PWP1, a polypeptide that may play a regulatory role in cell growth and/or transcription. ..
- Mortensen O, Kristensen A, Rudnick G, Wiborg O. Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of a bovine serotonin transporter. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;71:120-6 pubmed..RT-PCR amplification of RNA from different tissues demonstrated expression of SERT in placenta, brain stem, bone marrow, kidney, lung, heart, adrenal gland, liver, parathyroid gland, thyroid gland, small intestine and pancreas. ..
- Wang D, Iversen J, Strandgaard S. Contractility and endothelium-dependent relaxation of resistance vessels in polycystic kidney disease rats. J Vasc Res. 1999;36:502-9 pubmed..These abnormalities in resistance vessels from PKD rats may be important for the development of hypertension and vascular disease. ..
- Lund L, Bjørn S, Sternlicht M, Nielsen B, Solberg H, Usher P, et al. Lactational competence and involution of the mouse mammary gland require plasminogen. Development. 2000;127:4481-92 pubmed..These data demonstrate a critical, dose-dependent requirement for Plg in lactational differentiation and mammary gland remodeling during involution. ..
- Jørgensen T, Haase C, Michelsen B. Treatment of an immortalized APC cell line with both cytokines and LPS ensures effective T-cell activation in vitro. Scand J Immunol. 2002;56:492-503 pubmed..Our data suggest that the effects observed upon treatment with cytokines or LPSs are complementary, and that both stimuli are needed for mediating a strong and efficient JawsII cell-dependent T-cell activation. ..
- Hald T, Vose D, Wegener H, Koupeev T. A Bayesian approach to quantify the contribution of animal-food sources to human salmonellosis. Risk Anal. 2004;24:255-69 pubmed
- Tagmose T, Schou S, Mogensen J, Nielsen F, Arkhammar P, Wahl P, et al. Arylcyanoguanidines as activators of Kir6.2/SUR1K ATP channels and inhibitors of insulin release. J Med Chem. 2004;47:3202-11 pubmed..It also highlights that small structural changes can dramatically shift the efficacy of the cyanoguanidine type of selective activators of Kir6.2/SUR2 potassium channels...
- Smirnov A, Thar R. Vertical distribution of gymnamoebae (rhizopoda, lobosea) in the top layer of brackish-water sediments. Protist. 2004;155:437-46 pubmed..It seems that abundant species mostly form irregular patches 1-2 cm across, whereas many species are rare and appear in few number of specimens or in patches smaller than 2 mm. ..
- Fuchs J, Bright M, Funch P, Wanninger A. Immunocytochemistry of the neuromuscular systems of Loxosomella vivipara and L. parguerensis (Entoprocta: Loxosomatidae). J Morphol. 2006;267:866-83 pubmed
- Jakobsen S, Pedersen K, Smith D, Jensen S, Munk O, Cumming P. Detection of alpha2-adrenergic receptors in brain of living pig with 11C-yohimbine. J Nucl Med. 2006;47:2008-15 pubmed