Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reactive oxygen species in Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Locale: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Topic: reactive oxygen species
- Zhang D, Xu F, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Du J, Jia S, et al. Effects of light on cyanide-resistant respiration and alternative oxidase function in Arabidopsis seedlings. Plant Cell Environ. 2010;33:2121-31 pubmed publisher..We first suggest that more reduction of the photosynthetic electron transport chain and more accumulation of reducing-equivalents in the mutant during de-etiolation might be the main reasons. ..
- Xie X, Liu H, Fan J, Li H. [Effects of ginsenoside Rb1 on TGF-beta1 induced p47phox expression and extracellular matrix accumulation in rat renal tubular epethelial cells]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;40:106-10 pubmed..G-Rb1 could inhibit TGF-beta1 induced ROS production and decrease the levels of Col-I and FN in a dose-dependent manner. The mechanism might be partly related to the suppression of p47phox expression. ..
- Zhao Y, Bu Q, Zhou Y, Lv L, Yan G, Chen B, et al. Mechanism study of Aconitum-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells: involvement of dopamine release and oxidative damage. Neurotoxicology. 2010;31:752-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that Aconitum can evoke dopamine release from dopaminergic neurons; excessive extracellular of dopamine can then create stresses on cellular antioxidant systems and induce neuron apoptosis...
- Li J, Qu Y, Chen D, Zhang L, Zhao F, Luo L, et al. The neuroprotective role and mechanisms of TERT in neurons with oxygen-glucose deprivation. Neuroscience. 2013;252:346-58 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanisms may be associated with regulating Bcl-2/Bax expression ratio, attenuating ROS generation, and increasing mitochondrial membrane potential. ..
- Zhu F, Zhang P, Meng Y, Xu F, Zhang D, Cheng J, et al. Alpha-momorcharin, a RIP produced by bitter melon, enhances defense response in tobacco plants against diverse plant viruses and shows antifungal activity in vitro. Planta. 2013;237:77-88 pubmed publisher..The ?-MMC showed a remarkable antiviral and antifungal effect and hence could possibly be exploited in crop protection for controlling certain important plant diseases...
- Wang X, Wang X, Tong M, Gan L, Chen H, Wu S, et al. SIRT6 protects cardiomyocytes against ischemia/reperfusion injury by augmenting FoxO3Î±-dependent antioxidant defense mechanisms. Basic Res Cardiol. 2016;111:13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIRT6 protects the heart from I/R injury through FoxO3Î± activation in the ischemic heart in an AMP/ATP-induced AMPK-dependent way, thus upregulating antioxidants and suppressing oxidative stress. ..
- Ge Y, Jiang W, Gan L, Wang L, Sun C, Ni P, et al. Mouse embryonic fibroblasts from CD38 knockout mice are resistant to oxidative stresses through inhibition of reactive oxygen species production and Ca(2+) overload. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:167-72 pubmed publisher..Our data should provide an insight for elucidating the roles of CD38 in oxidative stresses and a novel perspective of dealing with the ischemia/reperfusion-related diseases. ..
- Ni R, Zheng D, Xiong S, Hill D, Sun T, Gardiner R, et al. Mitochondrial Calpain-1 Disrupts ATP Synthase and Induces Superoxide Generation in Type 1 Diabetic Hearts: A Novel Mechanism Contributing to Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Diabetes. 2016;65:255-68 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mechanism for and may have significant implications in diabetic cardiac complications. ..
- Qie B, Lyu Z, Lyu L, Liu J, Gao X, Liu Y, et al. Sch9 regulates intracellular protein ubiquitination by controlling stress responses. Redox Biol. 2015;5:290-300 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed for the first time how Sch9 regulates the level of ubiquitinated proteins and provides new insight into how Sch9 controls longevity. ..
- Luo Z, Ren J, Huang Z, Wang T, Xiang K, Cheng L, et al. The Role of Exogenous Hydrogen Sulfide in Free Fatty Acids Induced Inflammation in Macrophages. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1635-1644 pubmed publisher..Thus H2S might possess potential in the treatment of diseases resulting from FFA overload like insulin resistance and type diabetes. ..
- Huang L, Zhang L, Ju H, Li Q, Pan J, Al Lawati Z, et al. Stanniocalcin-1 inhibits thrombin-induced signaling and protects from bleomycin-induced lung injury. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18117 pubmed publisher..These findings broaden the array of potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of lung diseases characterized by thrombin activation, oxidant stress and inflammation. ..
- Liu B, Cheng Y, Zhang B, Bian H, Bao J. Polygonatum cyrtonema lectin induces apoptosis and autophagy in human melanoma A375 cells through a mitochondria-mediated ROS-p38-p53 pathway. Cancer Lett. 2009;275:54-60 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we confirmed that the ROS-p38-p53 pathway was involved in PCL-induced autophagy. In conclusion, these results indicate that PCL induces apoptosis and autophagy via a mitochondrial-mediated ROS-p38-p53 pathway...
- Yuan S, Lin H. Role of salicylic acid in plant abiotic stress. Z Naturforsch C. 2008;63:313-20 pubmed..Anti-stress substances besides antioxidant enzymes induced by SA are also summarized. ..
- Chen C, Lai Y, Wu M, Zhang Z. [Effects of DNA polymerase beta on certain genotoxicity of mouse fibroblast cell induced by hydroquinone]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2010;39:669-73 pubmed..Cellular ROS generation could be effectively induced by HQ, leading to DNA and chromosomal damage, pol beta overexpression could help cells response to oxidative damage and protect cells from genotoxicity induced by HQ. ..
- Wang S, Yu Q, Bao J, Liu B. Polygonatum cyrtonema lectin, a potential antineoplastic drug targeting programmed cell death pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:497-500 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings may provide a new perspective of Polygonatum cyrtonema lectin (PCL) as a potential anti-tumor drug targeting PCD pathways for future cancer therapeutics...
- Lu H, Pang W, Hu Y, Yang H, Huang C, Jiang Y. Effects of intracellular zinc depletion on the expression of VDAC in cultured hippocampal neurons. Nutr Neurosci. 2011;14:80-7 pubmed publisher..Present results implicate a possibility that up-regulation of VDAC1 and down-regulation of VDAC2 may participate in hippocampal neuron injury induced by zinc deficiency. ..
- Yang J, Li T, Xu G, Luo B, Chen Y, Zhang T. Low-concentration capsaicin promotes colorectal cancer metastasis by triggering ROS production and modulating Akt/mTOR and STAT-3 pathways. Neoplasma. 2013;60:364-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings are considered a significant step toward a better understanding of capsaicin-associated regulatory network on CRC cells. ..
- Zhang Y, Peng T, Zhu H, Zheng X, Zhang X, Jiang N, et al. Prevention of hyperglycemia-induced myocardial apoptosis by gene silencing of Toll-like receptor-4. J Transl Med. 2010;8:133 pubmed publisher..In summary, we present novel evidence that TLR4 plays a critical role in cardiac apoptosis. This is the first demonstration of the prevention of cardiac apoptosis in diabetic mice through silencing of the TLR4 gene. ..
- Yuan M, Yuan S, Zhang Z, Xu F, Chen Y, Du J, et al. Putative mutation mechanism and light responses of a protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase-less barley mutant NYB. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1361-71 pubmed publisher..The physiological significance and developmental roles of POR proteins and LHPP in barley cells are discussed. ..
- Li J, Liu R, Lei Y, Wang K, Lau Q, Xie N, et al. Proteomic analysis revealed association of aberrant ROS signaling with suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid-induced autophagy in Jurkat T-leukemia cells. Autophagy. 2010;6:711-24 pubmed..Taken together, our study identifies autophagy as a reaction to counter increased ROS and is thus involved as a cellular prosurvival mechanism in response to SAHA treatment. ..
- Liu S, Wu M, Zhang Z. Involvement of DNA polymerase beta in repairing oxidative damages induced by antitumor drug adriamycin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;246:163-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that pol ? is vital for repairing oxidative damage induced by ADM. ..
- Peng C, Ma J, Gao X, Tian P, Li W, Zhang L. High glucose induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in cardiac microvascular endothelial cells are regulated by FoxO3a. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79739 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that high glucose induced FoxO3a activation which suppressed ROS accumulation, and in parallel, resulted in apoptosis of CMECs. ..
- Wu L, Liu T, Xiao Y, Li X, Zhu Y, Zhao Y, et al. Polygonatum odoratum lectin induces apoptosis and autophagy by regulation of microRNA-1290 and microRNA-15a-3p in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:217-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide evidence that POL induces A549 cells apoptosis and autophagy by regulation of miR-1290 and miR-15a-3p. ..
- Ni R, Cao T, Xiong S, Ma J, Fan G, Lacefield J, et al. Therapeutic inhibition of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species with mito-TEMPO reduces diabetic cardiomyopathy. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;90:12-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, mitochondria-targeted antioxidants may be an effective therapy for diabetic cardiac complications. ..
- Wu W, Ye H, Wan L, Han X, Wang G, Hu J, et al. Millepachine, a novel chalcone, induces G2/M arrest by inhibiting CDK1 activity and causing apoptosis via ROS-mitochondrial apoptotic pathway in human hepatocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:1636-43 pubmed publisher..57% tumor reduction by 5mg/kg i.v. doxorubicin with significant cardiac damage. These effects suggested that MIL and its easily modified structural derivative might be a potential lead compound for antitumor drug. ..
- Wang Q, Chen W, Xu X, Li B, He W, Padilla M, et al. RIP1 potentiates BPDE-induced transformation in human bronchial epithelial cells through catalase-mediated suppression of excessive reactive oxygen species. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2119-28 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results strongly suggest an oncogenic role for RIP1, which promotes malignant transformation through protecting DNA-damaged cells against carcinogen-induced cytotoxicity associated with excessive ROS production. ..
- Yuan M, Xu M, Yuan S, Chen Y, Du J, Xu F, et al. Light regulation to chlorophyll synthesis and plastid development of the chlorophyll-less golden-leaf privet. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:809-16 pubmed publisher..vicaryi and L. quihoui. The golden leaves often turn green and the contents of chlorophylls increase with decreasing light intensity. Dynamic changes of chlorophyll-synthesis-system under the light transition were also analyzed...
- Che F, Liu Y, Xu C. [Schisandrin B prevents doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in rabbits]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010;41:24-8 pubmed..To study the effect of dexrazoxane in preventing doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in rabbit-models and its mechanism...