Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Locale: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Chen M, Zheng H, Yin L, Xie C. Is oral administration of Chinese herbal medicine effective and safe as an adjunctive therapy for managing diabetic foot ulcers? A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Altern Complement Med. 2010;16:889-98 pubmed publisher..CHM may be effective and safe as an adjunctive therapy for treating DFU. However, a firm conclusion could not be reached because of the poor quality of the included trials. Further trials with higher quality are justified. ..
- Pan J, Liu G. The determinants of Chinese provincial government health expenditures: evidence from 2002-2006 data. Health Econ. 2012;21:757-77 pubmed publisher..Moreover, severe acute respiratory syndrome outbreak has increased the GHE, but we find no statistical evidence that provincial GHE have fluctuated according to the public health status. ..
- Deng Y, Cheng N, Lin Y, Zhou R, Yang C, Jin Y, et al. Relationship between pancreaticobiliary maljunction and gallbladder carcinoma: meta-analysis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2011;10:570-80 pubmed..To prevent GBC, laparoscopic cholecystectomy is highly recommended for PBM patients without congenital dilatation of the common bile duct, especially relatively young female patients without gallstones. ..
- Li Y, Zheng H, Witt C, Roll S, Yu S, Yan J, et al. Acupuncture for migraine prophylaxis: a randomized controlled trial. CMAJ. 2012;184:401-10 pubmed publisher..We found no relevant differences between the three acupuncture groups. Acupuncture tested appeared to have a clinically minor effect on migraine prophylaxis compared with sham acupuncture. Clinicaltrials.gov NCT00599586. ..
- Yuan S, Peng F, Jiang X. Community health nursing in China: status, challenges, and development strategies. Nurs Outlook. 2012;60:221-7 pubmed publisher..Although the Chinese government has implemented several policies to promote its development, Chinese CHN is still in its infancy and many difficulties must be overcome before it can meet the demands of social development. ..
- Zhu T, Zhang W, Feng S, Yu H. Emodin suppresses LPS-induced inflammation in RAW264.7 cells through a PPARÎ³-dependent pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;34:16-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicated that LPS-induced inflammation were potently compromised by emodin very likely through the PPARÎ³-dependent inactivation of NF-ÎºB in RAW264.7 cells. ..
- Han X, Luo J, Wu F, Hou X, Yan G, Zhou M, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel 2,3-dihydrochromeno[3,4-d]imidazol-4(1H)-one derivatives as potent anticancer cell proliferation and migration agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;114:232-43 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it inhibited tumor growth in HCT116 subcutaneously implanted xenografted mice. Taken together, compound 35 may be a promising candidate for anti-cancer agent as well as metastatic one. ..
- Deng Y, Sun Y, Shi J, Zhang S. [Meta-analysis of the association of the LRP C766T polymorphism with the risk of Alzheimer's disease]. Yi Chuan. 2006;28:393-8 pubmed..The meta-analysis showed that the LPR-1 polymorphism was not a major risk factor for AD, although a small effect of the polymorphism for AD risk could not be excluded. ..
- Zhao S, Tang Q, He M, Yang F, Wang H, Zhang W, et al. A novel nude mice model of human extranodal nasal type NK/T-cell lymphoma. Leukemia. 2008;22:170-8 pubmed..The transplanted tumor in this novel nude mice model maintained the essential features of human extranodal nasal type NK/T-cell lymphoma, and it would be an ideal tool in vivo for further research of the tumor. ..
- Yang Y, Ma M, Xiao C, Li L, Li S, Zhang S. Massive deletion in AZFb/b+c and azoospermia with Sertoli cell only and/or maturation arrest. Int J Androl. 2008;31:573-8 pubmed
- Liang H, Ouyang Q. A clinical trial of combined use of rosiglitazone and 5-aminosalicylate for ulcerative colitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:114-9 pubmed..05). Combined treatment with rosiglitazone and 5-ASA achieved better therapeutic effect than 5-ASA alone without any side effects. Rosiglitazone can alleviate colonic inflammation which hopefully becomes a novel agent for UC treatment. ..
- ..Histopathological examination indicated that it was a paraganglioma of the mesentery. Repeat CT examination did not reveal any local recurrence or distant metastasis during the 13-month follow-up period...
- Wang C, Xu H, Chen H, Li J, Zhang B, Tang C, et al. Somatostatin stimulates intestinal NHE8 expression via p38 MAPK pathway. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;300:C375-82 pubmed publisher..Thus our data provided the first concrete evidence indicating that somatostatin stimulates intestinal Na(+) absorption by increasing intestinal NHE8 expression through the SSTR2-p38 MAPK pathway. ..
- Zi X, Chen D, Wang H. Molecular characterization, mRNA expression of prolactin receptor (PRLR) gene during pregnancy, nonpregnancy in the yak (Bos grunniens). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;175:384-8 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that the increased ovarian and mammary PRLR mRNA expression during pregnancy may be associated with corpus luteum function for maintenance of pregnancy and mammary development for subsequent lactation. ..
- Xiang M, Cao Y, Fan W, Chen L, Mo Y. Computer-aided drug design: lead discovery and optimization. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2012;15:328-37 pubmed..The development in these aspects over the past years will be the focus of this review. ..
- Xiao A, Jiang S, Liu Y, Deng K, You C. Invasive intracranial aspergillosis spread by the pterygopalatine fossa in an immunocompetent patient. Braz J Infect Dis. 2012;16:192-5 pubmed
- He W, Gu J, Li C, Kuang Y, Kong B, Cheng L, et al. The PPI network and clusters analysis in glioblastoma. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:4784-90 pubmed..LYN, CD22 and LCP2 form a densely protein complex in the PPI network. Our results suggest that LYN, CD22 and LCP2 play important roles in the occurrence and progression of glioblastoma. ..
- Li J, Zhou N, Cai P, Bao J. In Silico Screening Identifies a Novel Potential PARP1 Inhibitor Targeting Synthetic Lethality in Cancer Treatment. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:258 pubmed publisher..28 kJ/mol while that of olaparib was -159.16 kJ/mol. These results indicated ZINC67913374 bound to PARP1 with a higher affinity, which suggest ZINC67913374 has promising potential for cancer drug development. ..
- Zeng R, Wu R, Lv Q, Tong N, Zhang Y. The association of hypernatremia and hypertonic saline irrigation in hepatic hydatid cysts: A case report and retrospective study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7889 pubmed publisher..Hypernatremia after HS irrigation remains rare but might cause severe complications. Monitoring and appropriate treatment are needed to improve prognosis. ..
- Attwood S, Fatih F, Campbell I, Upatham E. The distribution of Mekong schistosomiasis, past and future: preliminary indications from an analysis of genetic variation in the intermediate host. Parasitol Int. 2008;57:256-70 pubmed publisher..mekongi from most of Lao PDR. The public health implications of these findings are discussed, as are pointers for future studies and surveillance...
- Yie S, Yang H, Ye S, Li K, Dong D, Lin X. Expression of human leukocyte antigen G (HLA-G) correlates with poor prognosis in gastric carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2007;14:2721-9 pubmed..44-24.0). Overall, our results indicated that the expression of HLA-G is a characteristic feature of gastric carcinoma and that immunostaining by anti-HLA-G antibody may be a potentially useful prognostic indicator. ..
- Zhang M, Zhang J, Liu Y. Clinical presentations and therapeutic effect of presumed choroidal tuberculosis. Retina. 2012;32:805-13 pubmed publisher..So all ophthalmologists especially in developing countries should have a high degree of clinical suspicion to maximally maintain visual acuity. ..
- Zhang K, Harada Y, Wei X, Shukla D, Rajendran A, Tawansy K, et al. An essential role of the cysteine-rich domain of FZD4 in Norrin/Wnt signaling and familial exudative vitreoretinopathy. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10210-5 pubmed publisher..This study identified a new class of FZD4 gene mutations in human disease and demonstrates a critical role of the CRD in Norrin binding and activation of the ?-catenin pathway. ..
- Ma G, Yang C, Qu Y, Wei H, Zhang T, Zhang N. The flavonoid component isorhamnetin in vitro inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in Eca-109 cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2007;167:153-60 pubmed..In conclusion, isorhamnetin appears to be a potent drug against esophageal cancer due to its in vitro potential to not only inhibit proliferation but also induce apoptosis of Eca-109 cells. ..
- Liu C, Yang Y, Peng D, Chen L, Luo J. Hyperhomocysteinemia as a metabolic disorder parameter is independently associated with the severity of coronary heart disease. Saudi Med J. 2015;36:839-46 pubmed publisher..001). Hyperhomocysteinemia is independently associated with the severity of CHD, and significantly correlated with low status of folic acid and vitamin B12 in CHD patients. ..
- Liu Z, Liu T, Li J, Zhou X, Zhang J. [The effect of Galla chinensis on the demineralization of enamel]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2003;34:507-9 pubmed..01). Confocal images showed that the zone of red area of tested groups was narrower than that of control group. Galla Chinensis can reinforce the resistance of enamel to acid, either with or without fluoride. ..
- Lin Y, Luo E, Chen X, Liu L, Qiao J, Yan Z, et al. Molecular and cellular characterization during chondrogenic differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stromal cells in vitro and cartilage formation in vivo. J Cell Mol Med. 2005;9:929-39 pubmed..Therefore, it is suggested that human adipose tissue may represent a novel plentiful source of multipotential stem cells capable of undergoing chondrogenesis and forming engineered cartilage. ..
- Yang M, Yao J, Duan Y. Graphene and its derivatives for cell biotechnology. Analyst. 2013;138:72-86 pubmed publisher..In addition, the future trends along with potential challenges of this rapidly rising layered carbon have been pointed out in this paper. ..
- Wang Y, Yu Z, Jiang Y, Liu Y, Chen L, Liu Y. A framework and its empirical study of automatic diagnosis of traditional Chinese medicine utilizing raw free-text clinical records. J Biomed Inform. 2012;45:210-23 pubmed publisher..Its feasibility is validated through evaluating the performance of each module of the framework and its effectiveness is demonstrated based on the precision, recall and F-Measure of automatic diagnosis results. ..
- Shi Y, Li Y, Tang J, Zhang J, Zou Y, Cai B, et al. Influence of CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and MDR-1 polymorphisms on tacrolimus pharmacokinetics and early renal dysfunction in liver transplant recipients. Gene. 2013;512:226-31 pubmed publisher..Screening for this single nucleotide polymorphism before the transplantation might be helpful for the selection of adequate initial daily dose and to achieve the desired immunosuppression outcome. ..
- Hannum G, Guinney J, Zhao L, Zhang L, Hughes G, Sadda S, et al. Genome-wide methylation profiles reveal quantitative views of human aging rates. Mol Cell. 2013;49:359-367 pubmed publisher..Our model highlights specific components of the aging process and provides a quantitative readout for studying the role of methylation in age-related disease. ..
- Meng W, Yu F, Chen H, Zhang J, Zhang E, Dian K, et al. Concentration polarization of high-density lipoprotein and its relation with shear stress in an in vitro model. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2009;2009:695838 pubmed publisher..The concentration polarization of HDL was negatively and strongly correlated with shear stress at both low- (r = -0.872, P < .001) and high-speed flow (r = -0.592, P = .0018). ..
- Teng X, Hu Z, Wei X, Wang Z, Guan T, Liu N, et al. IL-37 ameliorates the inflammatory process in psoriasis by suppressing proinflammatory cytokine production. J Immunol. 2014;192:1815-23 pubmed publisher..Importantly, our findings highlight new therapeutic strategies that can be designed to use this immunosuppressive anti-inflammatory cytokine in psoriasis and other inflammatory cutaneous diseases. ..
- Li Y, Zhou K, Hua Y, Wang C, Xie L, Fang J, et al. Amplatzer occluder versus CardioSEAL/STARFlex occluder: a meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of transcatheter occlusion for patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defect. Cardiol Young. 2013;23:582-96 pubmed publisher..The meta-analysis has proven the Amplatzer to be the superior occluder, serving better prognosis with more fluent procedure and less complications. ..
- Wang F, Hu T, Tan H, Zhou X. p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase affects transforming growth factor-beta/Smad signaling in human dental pulp cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;291:49-54 pubmed..Our results suggest that p38 affects the phosphorylation of Smad2 and Smad3 differentially during TGF-beta signaling in human dental pulp cells and ERK1/2 might be involved in the process. ..
- Long Y, Chen E, Liu C, Huang F, Zhou T, He F, et al. The correlation of hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha and 3 beta with hepatitis B virus replication in the liver of chronic hepatitis B patients. J Viral Hepat. 2009;16:537-46 pubmed publisher..This suggests that HNF4alpha and HNF3beta likely participate in HBV replication in patients with HBV infection, or that HBV replication may somehow influence the expression of HNF4alpha and HNF3beta in the liver. ..
- Duan S, Wei L, Yang W, Chen K, Huang W, Qin Y. [Expression of vigilin in cell lines and human hepatocellular carcinoma]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;42:170-3 pubmed..038, P < 0.001). Highly expression of Vigilin was observed in 54% of tumor tissues, 35% adjacement tissues, and 6% of distant non-tumor tissues, respectively. Vigilin may have relationship with HCC progression and proliferation. ..
- Fu L, Mao Z, Wang J, Zhang J, Zheng T, Wang S. [Effects of Songling Xuemaikang Capsule on ambulatory blood pressure in treatment of essential hypertension: a single-blind randomized controlled trial]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2009;7:509-13 pubmed publisher..05). Western medicine combined with SXC has long-lasting effects in lowering heart rate and blood pressure, especially for SBP and SBP load. SXC plus Western medicine also has an inhibition effect on morning surge in blood pressure. ..
- Shan D, Wu H, Yuan Q, Li J, Zhou R, Liu G. Pentoxifylline for diabetic kidney disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;:CD006800 pubmed publisher..Rigorously designed, randomised, multicentre, large scale studies of pentoxifylline for DKD are needed to further assess its therapeutic effects. ..
- Chen Q, Lui S, Li C, Jiang L, Ou yang L, Tang H, et al. MRI-negative refractory partial epilepsy: role for diffusion tensor imaging in high field MRI. Epilepsy Res. 2008;80:83-9 pubmed publisher..This technique may also helpful in pre-surgical evaluation. ..
- Liu R, Huang L, Li J, Zhou X, Zhang H, Zhang T, et al. HIV Infection in gastric epithelial cells. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:1221-30 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that the gastric epithelial cells are natural targets of HIV infection, and HIV infection in epithelial cells contributes to HIV-induced gastric mucosal inflammation. ..
- Liu J, Shi Z, Lian Z, Chen H, Zhang Q, Feng H, et al. Association of CD58 gene polymorphisms with NMO spectrum disorders in a Han Chinese population. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;309:23-30 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study identified a new NMOSD susceptibility variant, rs56302466, and suggested that CD58 polymorphisms are associated with the risk of NMOSD in Han Chinese. ..
- Wang L, Chen Z, Wang Q, Cao W, Jian Y, Wang S, et al. [Expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha and vascular endothelial growth factor in prostate cancer and its significance]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2006;12:57-9 pubmed..The results suggest that the overexpression of HIF-1alpha and VEGF are closely related to PCa, and the son score group. up-regulation of HIF-1alpha and VEGF are early events in PCa. ..
- He S, Xia T, Wang H, Wei L, Luo X, Li X. Multiple release of polyplexes of plasmids VEGF and bFGF from electrospun fibrous scaffolds towards regeneration of mature blood vessels. Acta Biomater. 2012;8:2659-69 pubmed publisher..The integration of the core-sheath structure, DNA condensation and multiple delivery strategies provided a potential platform for scaffold fabrication to regenerate functional tissues...
- Yongjun T, Samuelson J, Qingsheng D, Ali M, Li X, Yanjian M, et al. The prevalence of sexually transmitted and other lower reproductive tract infections among rural women in Sichuan Province, China. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2009;40:1038-47 pubmed..Routine STI surveillance, including prevalence studies, which provide accurate information for decision-making should be continued as an essential component of good STI control. ..
- Wan D, Fan P, Bai H, Song Q, Liu H. [Activity and distribution of plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase in polycystic ovary syndrome patients with insulin resistance]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2010;45:30-4 pubmed..515 and 0.201, respectively, P < 0.05). The elevated L-PAF-AH activity may be associated with IR in PCOS patients, and the increased ratio of L-PAF-AH to H-PAF-AH activities may be a potential marker of inflammation in the patients. ..
- Wang K, Liu R, Li J, Mao J, Lei Y, Wu J, et al. Quercetin induces protective autophagy in gastric cancer cells: involvement of Akt-mTOR- and hypoxia-induced factor 1?-mediated signaling. Autophagy. 2011;7:966-78 pubmed
- Wang Y, Wang W, Xu C, Huang X, Zhong L, Kang X, et al. Childhood ovarian juvenile granulosa cell tumor: a retrospective study with 3 cases including clinical features, pathologic results, and therapies. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2011;33:241-5 pubmed publisher..Pathologic examination especially immunohistochemical staining could help to diagnose JGCT. For children, adjuvant treatment may not be necessary if the tumor can be excised completely in early stage...
- Cao M, Yie S, Liu J, Ye S, Xia D, Gao E. Plasma soluble HLA-G is a potential biomarker for diagnosis of colorectal, gastric, esophageal and lung cancer. Tissue Antigens. 2011;78:120-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that plasma sHLA-G may be a useful molecule in the differential diagnosis of these malignancies against healthy controls. ..
- Huang D, Zuo Y, Li J, Zou Q, Zhang L, Gong M, et al. Bioactive composite gradient coatings of nano-hydroxyapatite/polyamide66 fabricated on polyamide66 substrates. J R Soc Interface. 2012;9:1450-7 pubmed publisher..The convenient coating method could be popularized and applied on similar polymer implants to produce a tightly and porous bioactive coating for bone tissue regeneration. ..
- Chen J, Shen H, Niu M, Guo Y, Liu X, Han Y, et al. Anti-hepatitis B virus effect of matrine-type alkaloid and involvement of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6. Virus Res. 2016;215:104-13 pubmed publisher..Sophoridine produced more potent anti-HBV effects than matrine, oxymatrine, and sophocarpine did. These effects may be related to the sophoridine-mediated reduction of p38 MAPK and TRAF6 levels. ..
- Zheng K, Zhang S, He Y, Zhang L, Zhang K, Huang D, et al. Association between cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene polymorphisms and variations in lipid levels in patients with coronary heart disease. Chin Med J (Engl). 2004;117:1288-92 pubmed..The B1B1 genotype of the Taq/B polymorphism is probably a genetic risk factor for CHD in the study population. ..
- Wang M, Zhou Z, Wang L, Li Y, Zhang P, Zhang Y, et al. [Genotyping of AKAP10 gene 2073A/G single nucleotide polymorphism by TaqMan probe real-time PCR]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;40:275-8 pubmed..019). A detection platform for SNP genotyping by TaqMan probe was set up successfully. There was a significant association between AKAP10 gene 2073A/G and colorectal cancer. ..
- Yideng J, Jianzhong Z, Ying H, Juan S, Jinge Z, Shenglan W, et al. Homocysteine-mediated expression of SAHH, DNMTs, MBD2, and DNA hypomethylation potential pathogenic mechanism in VSMCs. DNA Cell Biol. 2007;26:603-11 pubmed
- Wang J, Yin Y, Hua H, Li M, Luo T, Xu L, et al. Blockade of GRP78 sensitizes breast cancer cells to microtubules-interfering agents that induce the unfolded protein response. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3888-97 pubmed publisher..Combination of compounds capable of suppressing GRP78 might be a novel approach for improving the effectiveness of microtubules-targeted chemotherapy. ..
- Zhou J, Zhu Y, Zhang G, Liu N, Sun L, Liu M, et al. A distinct role of RhoB in gastric cancer suppression. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:1057-68 pubmed publisher..It appears that RhoB plays an opposing role from that of RhoA and/or RhoC in gastric cancer cells. Our work suggests that RhoB may play a tumor suppressor role and subsequently may have potential implications in future targeted therapy. ..
- Tao Y, Zeng B, Xu L, Yue B, Yang D, Zou F. Interferon-gamma of the giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca): complementary DNA cloning, expression, and phylogenetic analysis. DNA Cell Biol. 2010;29:41-5 pubmed publisher..These results represent a first step into the study of IFN-gamma in giant panda...
- Zheng K, Zhang S, Zhang K, Zhang L, He Y, Kong X, et al. [Study on the association of cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene mutations with the susceptibility to coronary atherosclerotic heart disease]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2003;20:23-6 pubmed..017; P=0.041). IVS14A and 451Q mutants of CETP gene were rare in Chinese population and 442G mutant gene was possibly one of the susceptibility factors to CHD in Chinese. ..
- Deng H, Miao D, Liu J, Meng S, Wu Y. The regeneration of gingiva: its potential value for the recession of healthy gingiva. Med Hypotheses. 2010;74:76-7 pubmed publisher..Then the gingiva not only restores the beautiful outlook but also returns the natural barrier function. ..
- Chen J, Guo J, Zhou J, Liu R, Chen T, Zou S. Assessment of dental maturity of western Chinese children using Demirjian's method. Forensic Sci Int. 2010;197:119.e1-4 pubmed publisher..As a result, specific standards of dental age assessment should be established for this population. ..
- Nie L, Xiang R, Liu Y, Zhou W, Jiang L, Lu B, et al. Acute pulmonary inflammation is inhibited in CXCR3 knockout mice after short-term cigarette smoke exposure. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2008;29:1432-9 pubmed publisher..CXCR3 could be a novel target for the treatment of pulmonary inflammation induced by CS. ..
- Fu H, Luo F, Yang L, Wu W, Liu X. Hypoxia stimulates the expression of macrophage migration inhibitory factor in human vascular smooth muscle cells via HIF-1alpha dependent pathway. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:66 pubmed publisher..Both MIF and HIF-1alpha mediated the hypoxia response of vascular smooth muscle cells, including cell migration and proliferation. ..
- Jia C, Wang L, Mao Z, Zhang J, Zhang L. [Combined myocardial injury markers for diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;40:1082-5 pubmed..Myocardiozymogram is poor in sensitivity and specificity, which should be used only in combination with cTnI or CK-MB mass. Parallel testing can increase sensitivity, while sequential testing can improve specificity. ..
- Wang H, Liddell C, Coates M, Mooney M, Levitz C, Schumacher A, et al. Global, regional, and national levels of neonatal, infant, and under-5 mortality during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2014;384:957-79 pubmed publisher..Without further accelerated progress, many countries in west and central Africa will still have high levels of under-5 mortality in 2030. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, US Agency for International Development. ..
- Wang Y, Duan B, Yan L, Shen C, Wu B, Luo J, et al. Long-term outcome after surgical resection for cholangiocarcinoma and prognostic index value. Surgeon. 2016;14:38-43 pubmed publisher..Racical resection is the key to improve the long-term survival rate of cholangiocarcinoma. By using prognostic Cox model and the PI, the prognosis of patients could be estimated and individualized clinical treatment could be conducted. ..
- Wang L, Li Y, Li J, Zhang M, Xu L, Yuan W, et al. Quality of reporting of trial abstracts needs to be improved: using the CONSORT for abstracts to assess the four leading Chinese medical journals of traditional Chinese medicine. Trials. 2010;11:75 pubmed publisher..Since none of the four journals adopted CONSORT for Abstracts, we hope that the introduction and adoption of CONSORT for Abstracts by TCM journals will lead to an improvement in reporting quality. ..
- Liu D, Huang Y, Zeng J, Chen B, Huang N, Guo N, et al. Down-regulation of JAK1 by RNA interference inhibits growth of the lung cancer cell line A549 and interferes with the PI3K/mTOR pathway. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:1629-40 pubmed publisher..The knockdown of JAK1 significantly inhibits tumourigenicity of the A549 cell line and demonstrates that crosstalk between the JAK1 and PI3K/mTOR pathways is involved. ..
- Qiu J, Yuan H, Chen S, He Z, Han P, Wu H. Single-port versus conventional multiport laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and nonrandomized studies. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2013;23:815-31 pubmed publisher..12; P=.03) and 1 month (MD, -0.13, 95% CI, -2.05 to 0.55; P=.0007) after surgery (index score, 0-10). SPLC can be performed safely and effectively with better cosmetic results than with the CMLC technique for benign gallbladder diseases. ..
- Li M, Yang N, Huang X, Zhao Z, Zhang J, Liu X, et al. [The correlation of myxovirus resistance 1 and 2'5'-ollgoadenylate synthetase 1 with clinical features of systemic lupus erythematosus]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;40:268-71 pubmed..006). The expression levels of both MX1 and OAS1 in SLE patients are up-regulated, the expression levels of OAS1 genes are associated with SLE disease activity. As IFN-induced genes, MX1 and OAS1 play their respective role in SLE. ..
- Yin W, Chen N, Zhang Y, Zeng H, Chen X, He Y, et al. Survivin nuclear labeling index: a superior biomarker in superficial urothelial carcinoma of human urinary bladder. Mod Pathol. 2006;19:1487-97 pubmed..6-26.7, P=0.0080) as well as progression-free survival (RR=4.4, 95% confidence interval=1.3-14.6, P=0.0151). We conclude that BIRC5-N is a superior biologic and prognostic marker for Ta/T1 urothelial carcinomas of urinary bladder. ..
- Tan C, Huang L, Yang Z. [Association of PLEKHA7, COL11A1 and PCMTD1-ST18 gene polymorphisms with primary angle closure glaucoma in ethnic Han Chinese from Sichuan]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2016;33:545-9 pubmed publisher..347, 0.698 and 0.344, respectively. No significant association of PLEKHA7 rs11024102, COL11A1 rs3753841 and PCMTD1-ST18 rs1015213 with PACG was found among ethnic Han Chinese from Sichuan. ..
- Li H, Lu Q, Dong L, Xue H, Zhou H, Yang H. [Expression of fatty acid binding protein in human breast cancer tissues]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;23:312-6 pubmed..E-, L-, and H-FABP may play a key role in the progress of invasiveness and metastasis in human breast cancer. Furthermore, the secretion of these FABPs has the potential to serve as a diagnostic marker for breast cancer. ..
- Liu X, Wang Q, Zhao H, Zhang L, Su Y, Lv Y. BSA-templated MnO2 nanoparticles as both peroxidase and oxidase mimics. Analyst. 2012;137:4552-8 pubmed publisher..These water-soluble BSA-MnO(2) NPs may have promising potential applications in biotechnology, bioassays, and biomedicine. ..
- Song X, Zhang L, Gao T, Ye T, Zhu Y, Lei Q, et al. Selective inhibition of EZH2 by ZLD10A blocks H3K27 methylation and kills mutant lymphoma cells proliferation. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:288-94 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that ZLD10A, as a novel EZH2 inhibitor, could be a potential promising agent for the treatment of EZH2 mutant lymphoma. ..
- Yu J, Zhang Y, Yang Q, Wang X, Tang Y, Zhao S, et al. Invasion-associated genes identified by gene expression profiling in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013;54:90-8 pubmed publisher..Analysis of prognosis demonstrated that expressions of MMP-2 and MMP-9 were closely correlated with a poor prognosis. These invasion-associated genes may become targets for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. ..
- Chen J, Shi H, Chen Y, Fan S, Liu D, Li C. DNA damage induces expression of WWP1 to target ?Np63? to degradation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176142 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates a novel pathway which regulates ?Np63?upon cellular response to chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Li Y, Gao D, Tu M, Luo Y, Deng Z. Investigation of pathology malpractice claims in China from 2002-2015. J Forensic Leg Med. 2017;48:30-34 pubmed publisher..Addressing the issues at the root of these claims would lead to a decline in the number of medical errors. Quality assurance programs and good pathologist-clinician communication may decrease the risk of litigation. ..
- Xu J, Lu X, Zhang Y, Yang H, Yu X. Laparoscopic associating liver tourniquet and portal ligation combined rescue transhepatic arterial embolization for staged hepatectomy: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8378 pubmed publisher..We herein reported a case of laparoscopic associating liver tourniquet and portal ligation combined rescue transhepatic arterial embolization (TAE) for staged hepatectomy...
- Feng Y, He F, Zhang P, Wu Q, Huang N, Tang H, et al. Inhibitory effect of HMGN2 protein on human hepatitis B virus expression and replication in the HepG2.2.15 cell line. Antiviral Res. 2009;81:277-82 pubmed publisher..1 kb mRNA species and HBV replicative intermediate DNA were significantly reduced in the HMGN2-treated HepG2.2.15 cells. These results indicated that HMGN2 protein could markedly inhibit HBV protein expression and replication in vitro. ..
- Liu B, Bian H, Bao J. Plant lectins: potential antineoplastic drugs from bench to clinic. Cancer Lett. 2010;287:1-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these inspiring findings would open a new perspective for plant lectins as potential antineoplastic drugs from bench to clinic. ..
- Ma Y, Yang Y, Zhang S, Chen X, Zhang N, Wang W, et al. Efficient inhibition of lung cancer in murine model by plasmid-encoding VEGF short hairpin RNA in combination with low-dose DDP. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:56 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated synergistic antitumor activity of combined VEGF shRNA expressing plasmids and low-dose DDP with no overt toxicity, suggesting potential applications of the combined approach in the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Wang R, Kaplan A, Guo L, Shi W, Zhou X, Lux R, et al. The influence of iron availability on human salivary microbial community composition. Microb Ecol. 2012;64:152-61 pubmed publisher..all of which have been implicated in infective endocarditis. These data provide evidence that iron availability can modulate host-associated oral microbial communities, resulting in a microbiota with potential clinical impact. ..
- Li W, Xiao L, Hu J. The use of enamel matrix derivative alone versus in combination with bone grafts to treat patients with periodontal intrabony defects: a meta-analysis. J Am Dent Assoc. 2012;143:e46-56 pubmed..The additional benefits from using combination therapies to promote periodontal tissue regeneration need to be confirmed. ..
- Feng Y, Wu Y, Lin X, Yang L, Luo Z, Zhou Y, et al. Associations between the codon 72 polymorphism of the TP53 gene and the risk of recurrent implantation failure. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2016;42:184-9 pubmed publisher..56; 95% CI, 1.04-2.33; P = 0.03). This meta-analysis shows that the TP53 codon 72 polymorphism is not associated with RIF risk in the overall population; however, associations were found in the Latin American population. ..