Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Yangzhou, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Yangzhou, Jiangsu, China
- Bao W, Ye L, Zi C, Su X, Pan Z, Zhu J, et al. Study on the age-dependent tissue expression of FUT1 gene in porcine and its relationship to E. coli F18 receptor. Gene. 2012;497:336-9 pubmed publisher..coli F18 receptor locus, we can speculate that higher expression of the FUT1 gene in small intestine is beneficial to the formation of receptors to the E. coli F18 strain and is related to the sensitivity to the pathogen. ..
- Kong G, Yu M, Gu Z, Chen Z, Xu R, O Bryant D, et al. Selective small-chemical inhibitors of protein arginine methyltransferase 5 with anti-lung cancer activity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181601 pubmed publisher..Thus, identified PRMT5-specific small-molecule inhibitors would help elucidate the biological roles of PRMT5 and serve as lead compounds for future drug development. ..
- Chen Z, Du Y. A new species of <i>Nemoura</i> (Plecoptera: Nemouridae) from Jiangsu Province, China, with new illustrations for <i>Nemoura</i> <i>nankinensis</i> Wu. Zootaxa. 2017;4254:294-300 pubmed publisher..The new species is compared with similar taxa. Additionally, supplementary illustrations for N. nankinensis Wu, 1926 are also provided. ..
- Yin B, Huai H, Zhang Y, Le Z, Wei W. [Trophic niches of Pantholops hodgsoni, Procapra picticaudata and Equus kiang in Kekexili region]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2007;18:766-70 pubmed..hodgsoni and P. picticaudata. The relations between competition and coexistence among P. hodgsoni, P. picticaudata and E. kiang were discussed from the viewpoints of their ecological characteristics and trophic ecology. ..
- Zhang D, Lin Z, Cheng R, Wu W, Yu J, Zhao X, et al. Reinforcement of transvaginal repair using polypropylene mesh functionalized with basic fibroblast growth factor. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;142:10-19 pubmed publisher..Overall, the surface-modified PP meshes will be highly practical as templates for transvaginal repair in the POP treatment. ..
- Zhang G, Zhang T, Wei Y, Ding F, Zhang L, Wang J. Functional identification of an exon 1 substitution in the myostatin gene and its expression in breast and leg muscle of the Bian chicken. Br Poult Sci. 2015;56:639-44 pubmed publisher..234G>A substitution in the myostatin (MSTN) gene negatively regulates the expression of MSTN in the Bian chicken and that it may be used in marker-assisted selection to accelerate the chicken breeding process. ..
- Li B, Sun G, Sun H, Xu Q, Gao B, Zhou G, et al. Efficient generation of transgenic chickens using the spermatogonial stem cells in vivo and ex vivo transfection. Sci China C Life Sci. 2008;51:734-42 pubmed publisher..5% (8/64) of offspring embryo expressed GFP and 11.1% (2/18) hatched chicks were tested transgenic. Our data therefore suggest TMGT and TTSSCs are the feasible methods for the generation of transgenic chickens. ..
- Liu W, Zhao H, Wang Y, Jiang C, Xia P, Gu J, et al. Calcium-calmodulin signaling elicits mitochondrial dysfunction and the release of cytochrome c during cadmium-induced apoptosis in primary osteoblasts. Toxicol Lett. 2014;224:1-6 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that activated Ca(2+)/CaM might transmit apoptotic signals to the mitochondria during Cd-induced apoptosis. Our findings provide new insights into the mechanisms underlying apoptosis in OBs following exposure to Cd. ..
- Zhang J, Xu Y, Wang W, Liu Y. [Experimental study on anti-tumor effect of extractive from Celastrus orbiculatus in vivo]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:1514-6 pubmed..To study the anti-tumor activity of extractive from Celastrus orbiculatus in vivo...
- Tao Y, Li G, Hu Y, Mekki M, Chen K, Wang J. [Genetic effects of MC4R and POU1F1 gene on the growth performance in Jinghai yellow chicken]. Yi Chuan. 2008;30:900-6 pubmed..01). So, it could be preliminarily deduced that MC4R and POU1F1 gene were probably the major gene on growth performance or a QTL linked gene which associated with growth performance in chicken. ..
- Cheng D, Sun H, Xu J, Gao S. Prevalence of fimbial colonization factors F18ab and F18ac in Escherichia coli isolates from weaned piglets with edema and/or diarrhea in China. Vet Microbiol. 2005;110:35-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the duplex PCR performed in this experiment is a more reliable method for identification of F18+E. coli, and that F18 is a more important virulence factor of VTEC and VTEC/ETEC...
- Li B, Wang X, Tian Z, Xiao X, Xu Q, Wei C, et al. Directional differentiation of chicken spermatogonial stem cells in vitro. Cytotherapy. 2010;12:326-31 pubmed publisher..The findings show the feasibility of using SSC-derived cells for developmental biology and gene transfer studies in chickens. ..
- Zhu X, Shi D, Li X, Gong W, Wu F, Guo X, et al. TLR signalling affects sperm mitochondrial function and motility via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and glycogen synthase kinase-3Î±. Cell Signal. 2016;28:148-156 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel mechanism by which pathogenic infection affects sperm motility and possibly leads to infertility. ..
- Wang J, Liu Y, Gao J, Xie Z, Huang L, Wang W, et al. Molecular cloning and mRNA expression of a ryanodine receptor gene in the cotton bollworm, Helicoverpa armigera. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2013;107:327-33 pubmed publisher..Our results lay a foundation for comprehensive structural and functional characterization of HaRyR and for understanding of the molecular mechanisms of toxicity selectivity of diamide insecticides among different species. ..
- Zhu L, Gu M, Meng X, Cheung S, Yu H, Huang J, et al. High-amylose rice improves indices of animal health in normal and diabetic rats. Plant Biotechnol J. 2012;10:353-62 pubmed publisher..This novel rice with its high AC, RS and TDF offers potential benefits for its use in foods and in industrial applications. ..
- Chen F, Zhang H, Zhu J, Liu K, Cheng H, Li G, et al. Puerarin enhances superoxide dismutase activity and inhibits RAGE and VEGF expression in retinas of STZ-induced early diabetic rats. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2012;5:891-6 pubmed publisher..05), and decreased after puerarin treatment (P<0.05). Puerarin is able to enhance SOD activity, and inhibit RAGE and VEGF expressions in retinas of STZ-induced early diabetic rats. ..
- Qin Y, Zhang Y, Yin Y, Xu F, Gao B, Shi Q, et al. Cloning of Xuhuai goat lipoprotein lipase gene and the preparation of transgenic sheep. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:8439-46 pubmed publisher..LPL gene of Xuhuai goat was transfer into sheep by testicular injection. According to detection from different level, the LPL gene was expressed successfully in F(1) generation...
- Yan H, Yan H, Tao Y, Chen H, Li G, Gong W, et al. Application and expression of Toxoplasma gondii surface antigen 2 (SAG2) and rhoptry protein 2 (ROP2) from recombinant Escherichia coli strain. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2012;106:356-62 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that GST-SAG2+ROP2 protein can be used as an antigen for diagnosing T. gondii infection and provide a strategy for development of subunit vaccines for protection against T. gondii infection...
- Li G, Liu D, Zhang Y, Qian Y, Zhang H, Guo S, et al. Celastrol inhibits lipopolysaccharide-stimulated rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocyte invasion through suppression of TLR4/NF-?B-mediated matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68905 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, celastrol might inhibit FLS migration and invasion induced by LPS by suppressing TLR4/NF-?B-mediated MMP-9 expression, providing a theoretical foundation for the clinical treatment of RA with celastrol. ..
- Xie Z, Chen F, Wu X, Zhuang C, Zhu J, Wang J, et al. Safety and efficacy of intravitreal injection of recombinant erythropoietin for protection of photoreceptor cells in a rat model of retinal detachment. Eye (Lond). 2012;26:144-52 pubmed publisher..Intravitreal injection of EPO 400 ng is safe, and EPO may suppress caspase-3 activation and enhance Bcl-X(L) expression, resulting in inhibition of apoptosis and protection of photoreceptor cells. ..
- Chen R, Yang Z, Ji D, Mao Y, Chen Y, Zhang Y, et al. SNPs of CXCR1 gene and its associations with somatic cell score in Chinese Holstein cattle. Anim Biotechnol. 2011;22:133-42 pubmed publisher..Haplotype analysis revealed Haplo2 (ATTA) correlated significantly with the lowest SCS. These findings indicated a prospect genetic marker of mastitis resistance in dairy cattle. ..
- Duan Q, Zhou M, Zhu L, Zhu G. Flagella and bacterial pathogenicity. J Basic Microbiol. 2013;53:1-8 pubmed publisher..This mini-review summarizes data from recent studies that elucidated how flagella, as a virulence factor, contribute to bacterial pathogenicity. ..
- Han H, Peng J, Gobert G, Hong Y, Zhang M, Han Y, et al. Apoptosis phenomenon in the schistosomulum and adult worm life cycle stages of Schistosoma japonicum. Parasitol Int. 2013;62:100-8 pubmed publisher..The data presented here demonstrates that apoptosis is an important biological process for the survival and development of the schistosome, and identifies potential novel therapeutic targets...
- Yuan W, Zhang X, Xia X, Sun H. Inhibition of infectious bursal disease virus infection by artificial microRNAs targeting chicken heat-shock protein 90. J Gen Virol. 2012;93:876-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cHsp90? is a functional component of the cellular receptor complex for IBDV infection, and that anti-cHsp90? miRNA could be used as an anti-IBDV reagent...
- Jingting S, Qin X, Yanju S, Ming Z, Yunjie T, Gaige J, et al. Oxidative and glycolytic skeletal muscles show marked differences in gene expression profile in Chinese Qingyuan partridge chickens. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183118 pubmed publisher..05). Our study demonstrates strong transcriptome differences between oxidative and glycolytic myofibers, and the results suggest that PPARGC1A is a key gene involved in chicken myofiber composition and transition. ..
- Long J, Peng D, Liu Y, Wu Y, Liu X. Virulence of H5N1 avian influenza virus enhanced by a 15-nucleotide deletion in the viral nonstructural gene. Virus Genes. 2008;36:471-8 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the 15-nucleotide deletion of NS gene from site 263 to 277 associated with D92E shift in NS1 protein contributes to the virulence increase of H5N1 viruses in chickens and mice...
- Pan Z, Ye L, Zhu J, DU Z, Huang X, Zhu G, et al. [Isolation of new alleles of the swine TLR4 gene and analysis of its genetic variation]. Yi Chuan. 2011;33:163-7 pubmed..The correlation between these two mutation points of TLR4 gene with resistance to stress and disease is worthy of further study. ..
- Yan H, Yan H, Li G, Gong W, Jiao H, Chen H, et al. Expression of human cytomegalovirus pp150 gene in transgenic Vicia faba L. and immunogenicity of pp150 protein in mice. Biologicals. 2010;38:265-72 pubmed publisher..faba seeds by ELISA and intracellular staining and flow cytometry analysis, respectively. The transgenic V. faba plants will provide new material for the development of edible vaccination against HCMV infection. ..
- Zhao K, Gu M, Zhong L, Duan Z, Zhang Y, Zhu Y, et al. Characterization of three H5N5 and one H5N8 highly pathogenic avian influenza viruses in China. Vet Microbiol. 2013;163:351-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the emergence and development of HPAI H5 viruses of other NA subtypes in H5N1 endemic areas and their potential threat to poultry industry and public health...
- Liu L, Wang J, Zhao Q, Zi C, Wu Z, Su X, et al. Genetic variation in exon 10 of the BPI gene is associated with Escherichia coli F18 susceptibility in Sutai piglets. Gene. 2013;523:70-5 pubmed publisher..The AA genotype for the HpaII site in exon 10 of the porcine BPI gene was demonstrated to be an anti-ETEC F18 marker and could be used for selective breeding to enhance ETEC F18 resistance. ..
- Zheng Y, Zhang L, Jia X, Wang H, Hu Y. Interaction of protein inhibitor of activated STAT 2 (PIAS2) with receptor of activated C kinase 1, RACK1. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:122-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, multiple PIAS2-domains, particularly the 'PINIT' and RLD domains, bind the RACK1 5-7 WD40 domain. ..
- Zhu J, Cui W, Liu X, Ying J, Hu C, Zhang Y. In vitro and ex vivo angiogenic effects of roxarsone on rat endothelial cells. Toxicol Lett. 2013;223:175-82 pubmed publisher..1-10.0?M roxarsone was significantly higher than that of PBS treatment, with a peak value of 1.0?M. These results further demonstrate the potential of roxarsone to promote angiogenesis in vitro and ex vivo. ..
- Dai C, Wang H, Zhu G, Wu S, Bao W. Porcine CD14 gene silencing partially inhibited the bacterial immune response mediated by TLR4 signaling pathway. Gene. 2017;628:267-274 pubmed publisher..05 or P<0.01), which was the same with the release levels of proinflammatory cytokines. This study revealed that pig CD14 gene silencing partially inhibited immune response to E. coli F18 invasion mediated by TLR4 signaling pathway. ..
- Li X, Chen H, Wang S, Dai J, Yan L, Wang J, et al. Tacrolimus induces fibroblasts apoptosis and reduces epidural fibrosis by regulating miR-429 and its target of RhoE. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1197-1204 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that FK506 induces fibroblast apoptosis and reduces epidural fibrosis by regulating miR-429 expression and its target of RhoE. ..
- Zhang G, Ding F, Wang J, Dai G, Xie K, Zhang L, et al. Polymorphism in exons of the myostatin gene and its relationship with body weight traits in the Bian chicken. Biochem Genet. 2011;49:9-19 pubmed publisher..05). The results suggest that the mutation G2283A, detected in exon 1, has potential as a genetic marker for body weight traits in the Bian chicken...
- Eltahir Y, Qian K, Jin W, Wang P, Qin A. Molecular epidemiology of chicken anemia virus in commercial farms in China. Virol J. 2011;8:145 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study aimed to detect and characterize CAV isolates from China based on sequence and phylogenetic analysis of the VP1, VP2 and VP3 genes...
- Zhang Y, Lei W, Yan W, Li X, Wang X, Zhao Z, et al. microRNA-206 is involved in survival of hypoxia preconditioned mesenchymal stem cells through targeting Pim-1 kinase. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:61 pubmed publisher..Hypoxic preconditioning could increase short-term survival of bone marrow MSCs via upregulation of Pim-1, and miR-206 was one of the critical regulators in this process. ..
- Pan Z, Zhang X, Jiao X, Lo Man R, Leclerc C, Liu X. [Analysis of in vitro delivering CD8+ T epitopes by attenuated bacteria]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2006;22:730-3 pubmed..Furthermore, the presentation efficiency of BMDC was higher than those of LK(b) and LL(d) cells under the same condition. CD8(+) T cell epitopes can be delivered and presented to T lymphocytes by APC by attenuated bacteria in vitro. ..
- Qi X, Qin Z, Tang J, Han P, Xing Q, Wang K, et al. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids ameliorates testicular ischemia-reperfusion injury through the induction of Nrf2 and inhibition of NF-?B in rats. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;103:44-50 pubmed publisher..These results provided evidences that n-3 PUFAs ameliorated testes damage caused by testicular I/R injury through its antioxidative capacity and anti-inflammatory effects, involving the activation of Nrf2 and the inhibition of NF-?B. ..
- Xu Q, Chen Y, Tong Y, Huang Z, Zhao W, Duan X, et al. Identification and expression analysis of the leukocyte cell-derived chemotaxin-2 (LECT2) gene in duck (Anas platyrhynchos). Gene. 2014;533:280-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that duLECT2 contributes to the innate immune response against viral infections. ..
- Wang Y, Chen S, Liu W, Qiu X, Dong L, Peng D, et al. [Induction of potent immune responses by recombinant fowlpox virus with deleted ORF73 or ORF214]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2010;50:512-6 pubmed..To determine if the fowlpox virus (FPV) ORF73 or ORF214 gene encoding protein has the function of IL-18 binding protein, and to assess the role that ORF73 or ORF214 gene in regulating the immune response...
- Xu J, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Ma Y. [Anti-angiogenic effects of genistein on synovium in a rat model of type II collagen-induced arthritis]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2011;9:186-93 pubmed..The anti-angiogenic activity of genistein may correlate to its inhibitory effect on the expressions of VEGF and MMP-1, 2 and 9 in serum of CIA rats; genistein plus MTX are superior to single agents in treating rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Fu Y, Gu J, Zhang Y, Tong X, Zhao H, Yuan Y, et al. Osteoprotegerin influences the bone resorption activity of osteoclasts. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:1411-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, the resorption activity of osteoclasts was suppressed by high concentrations of OPG and, at the molecular level, OPG decreased the expression of osteoclastic bone resorption-related genes...
- Li X, Yan L, Wang J, Sun Y, Wang Q, Lu Z, et al. Comparison of the effects of mitomycin C and 10-hydroxycamptothecin on an experimental intraarticular adhesion model in rabbits. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;703:42-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data showed that topical application of MMC and HCPT could prevent intraarticular adhesion after knee surgery in rabbit model, but MMC had a better preventive effect than that of HCPT. ..
- Han H, Peng J, Hong Y, Fu Z, Xu J, Lin J, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cyclophilin A homologue from Schistosoma japonicum. Parasitol Res. 2012;111:807-17 pubmed publisher..The data presented here suggest that SjCyPA may be an important molecule in the schistosome life-cycle and may be useful as a therapeutic target to treat schistosomiasis infection or as a potential diagnostic antigen...
- Cui B, Liao Q, Lam W, Liu Z, Fielding R. Avian influenza A/H7N9 risk perception, information trust and adoption of protective behaviours among poultry farmers in Jiangsu Province, China. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:463 pubmed publisher..Interventions designed to enhance perceived response efficacy, particularly among lower educated respondents may effectively motivate adoption of PPBs. Informal information may be an important resource for enhancing response efficacy. ..
- Zhao W, Qiao N, Wang X, Chen Q, Cheng J, Xu Q, et al. Comparative genomic analysis of growth hormone gene in geese. Anim Sci J. 2011;82:62-6 pubmed publisher..54% and 92.38%, respectively, which may be concluded that the GH gene was highly conservative in phylogenesis, although there were differences between waterfowls and chicken in their evolution process...
- Shi H, Ashraf S, Gao S, Lu J, Liu X. Evaluation of transmission route and replication efficiency of H9N2 avian influenza virus. Avian Dis. 2010;54:22-7 pubmed..Our data indicated that the NA gene of Ck/SH/F/98 can affect virus replication and, therefore, indirectly affect the transmission for the gene constellations of these viruses. ..
- Zhao S, Dai X, Liang J, Liang C. Surface display of rice stripe virus NSvc2 and analysis of its membrane fusion activity. Virol Sin. 2012;27:100-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, RSV NSvc2 is probably different from the phlebovirus counterparts, which could suggest different functions. RSV might enter insect cells other than by fusion with plasma or endosome membrane...
- Xia R, Qin W, Gan L, Wang J, Wu S, Bao W. Differential expression of FUT1 and FUT2 in Large White, Meishan, and Sutai porcine breeds. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15:15017613 pubmed publisher..coli F18 adhesion. Moreover, low FUT2 expression levels conferred resistance to E. coli F18. ..
- Wu Y, Chen L, Wang Y, Li W, Lin Y, Yu D, et al. Overexpression of Sirtuin 6 suppresses cellular senescence and NF-ÎºB mediated inflammatory responses in osteoarthritis development. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17602 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the development of specific activators of Sirt6 may have therapeutic potential for the treatment of OA. ..
- Wang J, Li Y, Han Z, Zhu Y, Xie Z, Wang J, et al. Molecular characterization of a ryanodine receptor gene in the rice leaffolder, Cnaphalocrocis medinalis (Guenée). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36623 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that alternative splicing may be a major means of generating functional diversity in C. medinalis RyR channel...
- Guo L, Yin A, Zhang Q, Zhong T, O Rourke S, Sun C. Angiotensin-(1-7) attenuates angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy via a Sirt3-dependent mechanism. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;312:H980-H991 pubmed publisher..This protective effect of ANG-(1-7) against the action of ANG II action is mediated by stimulation of sirtuin-3-mediated deacetylation of FoxO3a, which triggers SOD2 expression. ..
- Qin L, Wang W, Shi L, Wan X, Yan X, Weng Q, et al. Transcriptome expression profiling of fur color formation in domestic rabbits using Solexa sequencing. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction was used to verify the expression patterns of those genes. The findings are expected to provide reference for the further study of fur color formation in rabbits. ..
- Xu Q, Yuan X, Gu T, Li Y, Dai W, Shen X, et al. Comparative characterization of bacterial communities in geese fed all-grass or high-grain diets. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185590 pubmed publisher..Gut microbial composition is dependent on diet. Geese are herbivores and can digest crude fibre, but the relationship between composition of the microbiota and a fibre-rich diet in geese is not well understood...
- Lin Z, Wang C, Xia H, Liu W, Xiao W, Qian L, et al. CD4(+) NKG2D(+) T cells induce NKG2D down-regulation in natural killer cells in CD86-RAE-1? transgenic mice. Immunology. 2014;141:401-15 pubmed publisher..Hence, high levels of RAE-1? expression on antigen-presenting cells would be expected to induce the down-regulation of NK cell activation by a regulatory T-cell subset. ..
- Liu Z. Lead poisoning combined with cadmium in sheep and horses in the vicinity of non-ferrous metal smelters. Sci Total Environ. 2003;309:117-26 pubmed..Thus, it can be seen that knowledge of lead and cadmium concentrations in livestock in this region is important for assessing the effects of pollutants on domestic animals themselves and contaminant intakes by humans. ..
- Long J, Xue F, Peng Y, Gu M, Liu X. [The deletion of nucleotides of NS gene from 263 to 277 of H5N1 increases viral virulence in chicken]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2006;46:301-5 pubmed..81. RWSN-m848 caused one of the ten chickens died and its' index was only 0.175. The results revealed that the deletion of nucleotides of NS gene from 263 to 277 sites increases H5N1 pathogenesis in chicken...
- Wang Q, Long J, Hu S, Wu Y, Liu X. [Biological significance of amino acids deletion in NA stalk of H5N1 avian influenza virus]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2006;46:542-6 pubmed..The unique amino acids deletion in NA molecule of H5N1 may be associated with the adaptation of virus to terrestrial poultry or the increasing ability of interspecies transmission...
- Chen R, Yang Z, Mao Y, Chen Y, Chang L, Ji D, et al. [Genetic polymorphism of the IL8 gene and its associations with milk traits and SCS in Chinese Holstein]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:1256-62 pubmed..05). The IL8 gene genetic diversity has a great genetic effect on milk traits and mastitis resistance and could be a useful genetic marker for Chinese Holstein breeding. ..
- Cheng J, Liu X, Pen D, Liu H. [Recombinant fowlpox virus expressing HA from subtype H9N2 of avian influenza virus and its protective immunity against homologous challenge in chickens]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2002;42:442-7 pubmed..rFPV-HA also had the same protective efficacies to suppress SPF chickens or commercial broiler chickens with antibodies against FPV from shedding challenged virus from intestine as inactivated vaccine in oil emulsion...
- Zheng Y, Sheng S, Wang H, Jia X, Hu Y, Qian Y, et al. Identification of Pold2 as a novel interaction partner of protein inhibitor of activated STAT2. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:884-8 pubmed publisher..Subcellular localization studies demonstrated that Pold2 and PIAS2 were partially co-localized in mammalian cells. Collectively, our results suggest that Pold2 interacts under physiological conditions with PIAS2. ..
- Xue T, Chen X, Gao S, Liu X. [Construction of the XZ113 delta eaeA, XZ113 delta stx2 and XZ113 delta ehxA mutants of STEC O18 XZ113 and their pathogenicity in mice]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2011;51:1655-62 pubmed..These results indicate that the virulence factors encoded by the stx2 and ehxA genes were important for the pathogenesis of STEC O18 in mice. ..
- Li Y, Zhang P, Jin C, Zhou B, Liu X, Tao L, et al. Protective effects of deferoxamine mesylate preconditioning on pancreatic tissue in orthotopic liver autotransplantation in rats. Transplant Proc. 2011;43:1450-5 pubmed publisher..This study was designed to explore the impact of deferoxamine mesylate preconditioning (DMP) on pancreatic tissue and its possible effects during orthotopic liver autotransplantation...
- Xu L, Chang G, Ma T, Wang H, Chen J, Li Z, et al. Piwil1 mediates meiosis during spermatogenesis in chicken. Anim Reprod Sci. 2016;166:99-108 pubmed publisher..Finally, no expression was detected in mature sperm after meiosis. Treatment of PGCs with retinoic acid further demonstrated that Piwil1 plays a key role in meiosis during chicken spermatogenesis. ..
- Wu S, Bao W, Ju H, Chen G, Li B, Cheng J, et al. [Analysis of polymorphisms in exon 14 in porcine Mx1 gene and identification of new mutation points]. Yi Chuan. 2007;29:693-8 pubmed
- Zhang G, Chu M, Wang J, Fang L, Ye S. [Polymorphism of exon 10 of prolactin receptor gene and its relationship with prolificacy of Jining Grey goats]. Yi Chuan. 2007;29:329-36 pubmed..05) kids more than those with genotype FF. These results preliminarily showed that the PRLR gene is either a major gene that influences the prolificacy of Jining Grey goats or a molecular marker in close linkage with such a gene. ..
- Mu X, Huan H, Xu H, Gao Q, Xiong L, Gao R, et al. The transfer-messenger RNA-small protein B system plays a role in avian pathogenic Escherichia coli pathogenicity. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:5064-71 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the tmRNA-SmpB system is important in the pathogenesis of APEC O2 strain E058. ..
- Hu J, Hu Z, Mo Y, Wu Q, Cui Z, Duan Z, et al. The PA and HA gene-mediated high viral load and intense innate immune response in the brain contribute to the high pathogenicity of H5N1 avian influenza virus in mallard ducks. J Virol. 2013;87:11063-75 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the PA and HA gene-mediated high virus replication and the intense innate immune response in the brain contribute to the high virulence of H5N1 virus in ducks. ..
- Shao C, Wang H, Meng X, Zhu J, Wu Y, Li J. Characterization of the innate immune response in goats after intrauterine infusion of E. coli using histopathological, cytologic and molecular analyses. Theriogenology. 2012;78:593-604 pubmed publisher..coli in goats resulted in a rapid activation of the local innate immune response, characterized by infiltration of PMNs into the endometrium and up-regulation of gene expression for TLR4, cytokines and ?-defensin2. ..
- Feng C, Song Q, Lu W, Lu J. Purification and characterization of hemolymph prophenoloxidase from Ostrinia furnacalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) larvae. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;151:139-46 pubmed publisher..05). The purified PPO has magnesium level of 5.674+/-2.294 microg/mg and copper level of 1.257+/-0.921 microg/mg as determined with ICP-MS, suggesting that the purified PPO is a metalloprotein. ..
- Guo W, Li J, Kaltenboeck B, Gong J, Fan W, Wang C. Chlamydia gallinacea, not C. psittaci, is the endemic chlamydial species in chicken (Gallus gallus). Sci Rep. 2016;6:19638 pubmed publisher..psittaci dominates only in pigeons. Further studies are required to address the specific conditions under which C. gallinacea could act as an avian pathogen and possibly also a zoonotic agent. ..
- Zhong L, Zhao Q, Zhao K, Wang X, Zhao G, Li Q, et al. The antigenic drift molecular basis of the H5N1 influenza viruses in a novel branch of clade 2.3.4. Vet Microbiol. 2014;171:23-30 pubmed publisher..3.4. Our study highlights the importance of surveillance of antigenic drift of H5N1 viruses for the control and preparedness of pandemic threats. ..