Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear proteins in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: nuclear proteins
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Shi Y, Tian S, Hou L, Huang X, Zhang X, Guo H, et al. Ethylene signaling negatively regulates freezing tolerance by repressing expression of CBF and type-A ARR genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2578-95 pubmed publisher..Our study also provides evidence that type-A ARRs function as key nodes to integrate ethylene and cytokinin signaling in regulation of plant responses to environmental stress. ..
- Zhang Y, Li J, Tardif T, Burmeister M, Villafuerte S, McBride Chang C, et al. Association of the DYX1C1 dyslexia susceptibility gene with orthography in the Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42969 pubmed publisher..046). No association was found at either SNP of rs3743205 or rs57809907. Our findings suggest that DYX1C1 influences reading development in the general Chinese population and supports a universal effect of this gene...
- Zhao Y, Zhao H, Miao L, Wang L, Sun F, Zhang H. The p53-induced gene Ei24 is an essential component of the basal autophagy pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42053-63 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that Ei24 is an essential autophagy gene and plays an important role in clearance of aggregate-prone proteins in neurons and hepatocytes. ..
- Wang M, Zhou C, Cai R, Li Y, Gong L. Copy number gain of MYCN gene is a recurrent genetic aberration and favorable prognostic factor in Chinese pediatric neuroblastoma patients. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:5 pubmed publisher..In the study, we evaluated the copy number aberrations of MYCN gene in clinical samples of NBLs, GNBLs and GNs and analyzed their association with clinical outcome of the patients...
- Wu J, Wang C, Li S, Li S, Wang W, Li J, et al. Thyroid hormone-responsive SPOT 14 homolog promotes hepatic lipogenesis, and its expression is regulated by liver X receptor ? through a sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c-dependent mechanism in mice. Hepatology. 2013;58:617-28 pubmed publisher..Thrsp is a lipogenic gene in the liver that is induced by the LXR agonist through an LXR-?-mediated, SREBP-1c-dependent mechanism. Therefore, Thrsp may represent a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of NAFLD. ..
- Guo M, Yang R, Huang C, Liao Q, Fan G, Sun C, et al. Evolutionary gradient of predicted nuclear localization signals (NLS)-bearing proteins in genomes of family Planctomycetaceae. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:86 pubmed publisher..The results of this study reveal that Planctomycetaceae separates slightly from the members of non-planctomycete bacteria but still has substantial differences from fungi, based on the NLS-like motifs and NLS-bearing protein analysis. ..
- Yin Y, Li Y, Qiao H, Wang H, Yang X, Zhang H, et al. TSPY is a cancer testis antigen expressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2005;93:458-63 pubmed..In conclusion, these data suggest that TSPY is a novel cancer/testis (CT) antigen and may be a potential candidate in vaccine strategy for immunotherapy in HCC patients. ..
- Gong Y, Zhu D, Ding J, Dou C, Ren X, Gu L, et al. Crystal structures of aprataxin ortholog Hnt3 reveal the mechanism for reversal of 5'-adenylated DNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:1297-9 pubmed publisher..The bound DNA adopts a 5'-flap conformation that facilitates 5'-AMP access to the active site, where AMP cleavage occurs by a canonical catalytic mechanism...
- Wu Q, He R, Zhou H, Yu A, Zhang B, Teng J, et al. Cep57, a NEDD1-binding pericentriolar material component, is essential for spindle pole integrity. Cell Res. 2012;22:1390-401 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that Cep57, as a NEDD1-binding centrosome component, could function as a spindle pole- and microtubule-stabilizing factor for establishing robust spindle architecture. ..
- Wang X, Zhang Y, Hu M, Wang R, Liu L, Qian K, et al. [Prognostic and Predictive Value of Thyroid Transcription Factor-1, CD56, P40 and Other Clinical Characteristics in Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2017;20:522-527 pubmed publisher..551?95%CI?2.133-5.914????????????OR=2.487?95%CI?1.793-3.451?????????????superior vena cava syndrome, SVCS??OR=2.394?95%CI?1.49-3.846??? ??????????TTF-1??????ECOG??????????SVCS????????TTF-1?CD56?P40???????????????????????. ..
- Fan Z, Zhang H, Zhang Q. Tumor suppressor pp32 represses cell growth through inhibition of transcription by blocking acetylation and phosphorylation of histone H3 and initiating its proapoptotic activity. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1485-94 pubmed..pp32 directly initiates caspase activity and also promotes granzyme A-mediated caspase-independent cell death. Taken together, pp32 plays a repressive role by inhibiting transcription and triggering apoptosis. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang H, Hou P, Liang X, Li Z, Wang H. The novel gene AngRem104 downregulates glucocorticoid receptor expression and activates NF-kappaB in human mesangial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:1057-60 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the novel gene AngRem104 is involved in the in vivo regulation of GR expression and the activation of NF-kappaB through interaction with GR-EF in human MCs. ..
- Liu G, Qu J, Carmack A, Kim H, Chen C, Ren H, et al. Lipin proteins form homo- and hetero-oligomers. Biochem J. 2010;432:65-76 pubmed publisher..The present study provides evidence that lipin proteins function as oligomeric complexes and that the three mammalian lipin isoforms can form combinatorial units. ..
- Wu Z, Min L, Chen D, Hao D, Duan Y, Qiu G, et al. Overexpression of BMI-1 promotes cell growth and resistance to cisplatin treatment in osteosarcoma. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14648 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a crucial role for BMI-1 in osteosarcoma pathogenesis. ..
- Zhang L, Nie L, Maki C. P53 and p73 differ in their ability to inhibit glucocorticoid receptor (GR) transcriptional activity. Mol Cancer. 2006;5:68 pubmed..The differential ability of p53 and p73 to inhibit GR is due, in part, to differences in their N-terminal and C-terminal sequences. ..
- Niu Z, Jin W, Zhang L, Li X. Tumor suppressor RBM5 directly interacts with the DExD/H-box protein DHX15 and stimulates its helicase activity. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:977-83 pubmed publisher..Helicase activities play critical roles in modulating pre-mRNA splicing. Our findings thus suggest a new mechanism underlying the regulatory roles of RBM5 in pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Geng Y, Monajembashi S, Shao A, Cui D, He W, Chen Z, et al. Contribution of the C-terminal regions of promyelocytic leukemia protein (PML) isoforms II and V to PML nuclear body formation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:30729-42 pubmed publisher..These observations establish the C-terminal domain of PML-V as an additional important contributor to the assembly mechanism(s) of PML bodies. ..
- Li S, Shi J, Epstein D, Wang X, Zhang X, Bao Y, et al. Circadian alteration in neurobiology during 30 days of abstinence in heroin users. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;65:905-12 pubmed publisher..These prolonged neurobiological changes may play a role in protracted opiate withdrawal symptoms and contribute to relapse vulnerability. ..
- Liu J, Song Y, Tian B, Qian J, Dong Y, Liu J, et al. Functional proteomic analysis of promyelocytic leukaemia nuclear bodies in irradiation-induced MCF-7 cells. J Biochem. 2010;148:659-67 pubmed publisher..The proteins identified in this study will significantly improve our understanding of the dynamic organization and multiple functions of PML NBs in DDR. ..
- Zhao Y, Liu Y, Chen Z, Korteweg C, Gu J. Immunoglobulin g (IgG) expression in human umbilical cord endothelial cells. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:474-88 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that umbilical endothelial cells are capable of synthesizing IgG with properties similar to those of immune cells and that they may play additional roles besides lining the vessels and transporting IgG. ..
- Shen Y, Zhang W, Yan D, Du B, Zhang J, Liu Q, et al. Characterization of a DRE-binding transcription factor from a halophyte Atriplex hortensis. Theor Appl Genet. 2003;107:155-61 pubmed..These results suggest that the AhDREB1 protein functions as a DRE-binding transcription factor and play roles in the stress-tolerant response of A. hortensis...
- Dai J, Wang Z, Sun D, Lin R, Wang S. SIRT1 interacts with p73 and suppresses p73-dependent transcriptional activity. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:161-6 pubmed..Furthermore, SIRT1 can deacetylate p73 protein acetylation both in vivo and in vitro. Collectively, these data suggest that SIRT1 can modulate p73 activity via deacetylation. ..
- Ruan G, Li J, Qin Y, Li L, Xie M, Chang Y, et al. Nucleophosmin mutations in Chinese adults with acute myelogenous leukemia. Ann Hematol. 2009;88:159-66 pubmed publisher..7% (22/33) patients did not express CD34. The results demonstrated that RQ-PCR was a reliable and sensitive method for detecting NPM1 mutations, for screening AML, and for the quantitative analysis of minimal residual diseases. ..
- Huang J, Zhang L, Liu W, Liao Q, Shi T, Xiao L, et al. CCDC134 interacts with hADA2a and functions as a regulator of hADA2a in acetyltransferase activity, DNA damage-induced apoptosis and cell cycle arrest. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:41-55 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that CCDC134 might act as a novel regulator of hADA2a, and plays roles in the PCAF complex via hADA2a to affect its acetyltransferase activity and UV-induced DNA damage repair. ..
- Wang Q, Tang Y, Xu Y, Xu S, Jiang Y, Dong Q, et al. The X-linked deubiquitinase USP9X is an integral component of centrosome. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12874-12884 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our experiments identified USP9X as an integral component of the centrosome where it functions to stabilize PCM1 and CEP55 and promote centrosome biogenesis. ..
- Gao Y, Gong M, Zhang C, Kong X, Ma Y. Successful eltrombopag treatment of severe refractory thrombocytopenia in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia: Two cases reports: A CARE-compliant article. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8337 pubmed publisher..In very rare cases, immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) can be a complication of CMML ("CMML-associated ITP"). However, treatment of severe thrombocytopenia in patients with CMML is still a challenge...
- Xia S, Fang L, He J, Zhao Z, Xie F, Li H. Genetic association between p73 G4C14-A4T14 polymorphism and risk of squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Exp Med. 2016;16:49-55 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests that the p73 G4C14-A4T14 polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Further large and well-designed studies are needed to confirm this association. ..
- Xia Q, Kong X, Zhang G, Hou X, Qiang H, Zhong R. Proteomics-based identification of DEAD-box protein 48 as a novel autoantigen, a prospective serum marker for pancreatic cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:526-32 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that the detection of autoantibodies to DDX48 may have clinical utility for the improved diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Rong Y, Cheng L, Ning H, Zou J, Zhang Y, Xu F, et al. Wilms' tumor 1 and signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 synergistically promote cell proliferation: a possible mechanism in sporadic Wilms' tumor. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8049-57 pubmed..Strikingly, STAT3 translocates to the nucleus and interacts with WT1 in a variety of primary Wilms' tumor cells, raising the hypothesis that WT1 and activated STAT3 in Wilms' tumor accelerate tumorigenesis. ..
- Nie H, Zhao C, Wu G, Wu Y, Chen Y, Tang D. SR1, a calmodulin-binding transcription factor, modulates plant defense and ethylene-induced senescence by directly regulating NDR1 and EIN3. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:1847-59 pubmed publisher..Enhanced ethylene-induced senescence in sr1-1 is suppressed by ein3. Our data indicate that SR1 plays an important role in plant immunity and ethylene signaling by directly regulating NDR1 and EIN3...
- Shao S, Sun P, Satherley L, Gao X, Ji K, Feng Y, et al. Reduced RanBPM Expression Is Associated with Distant Metastasis in Gastric Cancer and Chemoresistance. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1295-303 pubmed..This suggests that loss of RanBPM expression may play an important role in gastric cancer tumor development and metastasis. Reduced RanBPM expression is also associated with chemoresistance of gastric cancer cells. ..
- Jin Y, Yue W, Shi G, Liu Y, Zhao F, Zhu L. Inhibition of 6A8 alpha-mannosidase gene expression resulted in telomere length shortening in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell CNE-2L2. Cancer Lett. 2005;218:229-34 pubmed..The data imply an association between glycosylation modification with telomere shortening in antisense 6A8-treated cells. ..
- Jin S, Gao H, Mazzacurati L, Wang Y, Fan W, Chen Q, et al. BRCA1 interaction of centrosomal protein Nlp is required for successful mitotic progression. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:22970-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, BRCA1 interaction of Nlp might be required for the successful mitotic progression, and abnormalities of Nlp lead to genomic instability. ..
- An F, Zhao Q, Ji Y, Li W, Jiang Z, Yu X, et al. Ethylene-induced stabilization of ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE3 and EIN3-LIKE1 is mediated by proteasomal degradation of EIN3 binding F-box 1 and 2 that requires EIN2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2384-401 pubmed publisher..Our results also reveal that EBF1 and EBF2 act as essential ethylene signal transducers that by themselves are subject to proteasomal degradation. ..
- He W, Brumos J, Li H, Ji Y, Ke M, Gong X, et al. A small-molecule screen identifies L-kynurenine as a competitive inhibitor of TAA1/TAR activity in ethylene-directed auxin biosynthesis and root growth in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3944-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study not only reveals a new level of interactions between ethylene and auxin pathways but also offers an efficient method to explore and exploit TAA1/TAR-dependent auxin biosynthesis. ..
- Lim J, Giri P, Kazadi D, Laffleur B, Zhang W, Grinstein V, et al. Nuclear Proximity of Mtr4 to RNA Exosome Restricts DNA Mutational Asymmetry. Cell. 2017;169:523-537.e15 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that strand-specific DNA mutagenesis-associated mechanisms will play major roles in other undiscovered aspects of organismic development. ..
- Zhou J, Wang H, Lu A, Hu G, Luo A, Ding F, et al. A novel gene, NMES1, downregulated in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2002;101:311-6 pubmed..The negative correlation of NMES1 expression with esophageal oncogenesis suggests its suppressive role in tumorigenesis of the esophagus, while the precise function of NMES1 still needs further investigation. ..
- Wang Y, Li L, Han K, Zhai Z, Shu H. A20 is a potent inhibitor of TLR3- and Sendai virus-induced activation of NF-kappaB and ISRE and IFN-beta promoter. FEBS Lett. 2004;576:86-90 pubmed..These data suggest that A20 targets TRIF to inhibit TLR3-mediated induction of IFN-beta transcription and functions as a feedback negative regulator for TLR3 signaling and cellular anti-viral response. ..
- Bao Lei T, Zhu Zhong M, Yi S, Jun Jie Q, Yan D, Hua L, et al. Knocking down PML impairs p53 signaling transduction pathway and suppresses irradiation induced apoptosis in breast carcinoma cell MCF-7. J Cell Biochem. 2006;97:561-71 pubmed..These results suggest that PML is a key regulator in the irradiation activated p53 apoptotic pathway in breast carcinoma cells. ..
- Huo S, Xu Z, Zhang X, Zhang J, Cui S. Testicular denervation in prepuberty rat inhibits seminiferous tubule development and spermatogenesis. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:370-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the testicular nerve supply plays an important role in supporting seminiferous tubule development and spermatogenesis from prepuberty to adulthood. ..
- Hu J, Wang F, Yuan Y, Zhu X, Wang Y, Zhang Y, et al. Novel importin-alpha family member Kpna7 is required for normal fertility and fecundity in the mouse. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33113-22 pubmed publisher..Biochemical analysis showed that KPNA7 interacts with KPNB1 (importin-?1). In summary, we identified a novel Kpna7 gene that is required for normal fertility and fecundity. ..
- Li R, Yang Y, Gao Y, Wang Z, Tong W. A distinct response to endogenous DNA damage in the development of Nbs1-deficient cortical neurons. Cell Res. 2012;22:859-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present results reveal the first clue that developing neurons at different regions of brain selectively respond to endogenous DNA damage, and underscore an important role for Nbs1 in neurogenesis. ..
- Yuan G, Wang C, Ma C, Chen N, Tian Q, Zhang T, et al. Oncogenic function of DACT1 in colon cancer through the regulation of ?-catenin. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34004 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study identifies DACT1 as an important positive regulator in colon cancer and suggests a potential strategy for the therapeutic control of the ?-catenin-dependent pathway. ..
- Zhang G, Liu Y, Yu L, Sun L. GFP/HPV-16E6 fusion protein induces apoptosis in MCF-7 and 293T cells using a transient expression system. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1673-80 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, p53 levels were not decreased but increased in 24 h transfected with pGFP-16E6. Furthermore, we observed significant apoptosis induced by GFP-16E6, which proved to be dependent on p53 expression...
- Zhang D, Wang D, Sun F. Drosophila melanogaster heterochromatin protein HP1b plays important roles in transcriptional activation and development. Chromosoma. 2011;120:97-108 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study argues that HP1b counteracts HP1a function both in heterochromatin formation and in the transcriptional regulation of euchromatic genes. ..
- Li M, Zhu M, Zhu B, Wang Z. Tryptase disturbs endocytic allergen degradation in intestinal epithelial cells. Anal Biochem. 2013;434:54-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that tryptase can suppress the production of A20 in the intestinal epithelial cell lines, playing a critical role in intestinal epithelial monolayer barrier dysfunction. ..
- Liu S, Cai Z, Liu Y, Dong M, Sun L, Hu G, et al. Role of nucleostemin in growth regulation of gastric cancer, liver cancer and other malignancies. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1246-9 pubmed..Nucleostemin can help regulate the proliferation of both cancer cells and stem cells. It might play an important role in the growth regulation of gastric cancer, liver cancer and other cancers. ..
- Mao P, Duan M, Wei C, Li Y. WRKY62 transcription factor acts downstream of cytosolic NPR1 and negatively regulates jasmonate-responsive gene expression. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:833-42 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that WRKY62 acts downstream of cytosolic NPR1 and negatively regulates JA-responsive gene expression, suggesting that WRKY62 may be involved in the SA-mediated suppression of JA signaling. ..
- Yue G, Wang Z, Zhang Q, Zhao X, Yue L, Ding J, et al. [Expression of AMPA receptors and related protein in immobilization stressed rats and effect of Xiaoyaosan]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2008;24:129-32 pubmed..Xiaoyaosan has better regulation effect on the expression of AMPA receptors in the condition of chronic immobilization stress than those of repeat shortterm stress. ..
- Qu M, Yang B, Tao L, Yates J, Russell P, Dong M, et al. Phosphorylation-dependent interactions between Crb2 and Chk1 are essential for DNA damage checkpoint. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002817 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the main role of Crb2 and 9-1-1 in DNA damage checkpoint signaling is recruiting Chk1 to sites of DNA lesions. ..
- Zhang L, Bai M, Wu J, Zhu J, Wang H, Zhang Z, et al. Antagonistic HLH/bHLH transcription factors mediate brassinosteroid regulation of cell elongation and plant development in rice and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3767-80 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a conserved mechanism of BR regulation of plant development through a pair of antagonizing HLH/bHLH transcription factors that act downstream of BZR1 in Arabidopsis and rice. ..
- Yan J, Jin S, Li J, Zhan Q. Aurora B interaction of centrosomal Nlp regulates cytokinesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40230-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations demonstrate that regulation of Nlp by Aurora B is critical for the completion of cytokinesis, providing novel insights into understanding the machinery of cell cycle progression. ..
- He R, Wu Q, Zhou H, Huang N, Chen J, Teng J. Cep57 protein is required for cytokinesis by facilitating central spindle microtubule organization. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:14384-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal that Cep57 is essential for cytokinesis via regulation of central spindle assembly and formation of the midbody. ..
- Chai W, Lian Z, Chen C, Liu J, Shi L, Wang Y. JMY polymorphism is related to severity of ankylosing spondylitis in Chinese Han patients. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2013;17:637-40 pubmed publisher..The rs2607142, rs4704556, and rs16876657 SNPs are related to BADAI. The rs4704556 and rs16876657 SNPs are related to mSASSS. JMY is related to the severity of AS in Chinese Han patients. ..
- Fang W, French C, Cameron M, Han Y, Liu H. Clinicopathological significance of NUT rearrangements in poorly differentiated malignant tumors of the upper respiratory tract. Int J Surg Pathol. 2013;21:102-10 pubmed publisher..The authors suggest that molecular determination of NUT gene rearrangements should therefore represent the gold standard for NMC diagnosis. ..
- Chai W, Lian Z, Chen C, Liu J, Shi L, Wang Y. JARID1A, JMY, and PTGER4 polymorphisms are related to ankylosing spondylitis in Chinese Han patients: a case-control study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74794 pubmed publisher..The rs11062357 SNP in JARID1A, the rs2607142 SNP in JMY and rs10440635 in PTGER4 are related to severity of AS. Haplotype analyses indicate PTGER4 is related to susceptibility to AS; JARID1A and JMY are related to severity of AS. ..
- Zhang J, Ma W, Tian S, Fan Z, Ma X, Yang X, et al. RanBPM interacts with T?RI, TRAF6 and curbs TGF induced nuclear accumulation of T?RI. Cell Signal. 2014;26:162-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that RanBPM may modulate TGF-?-mediated downstream signaling and biological functions. ..
- Liu S, Zhao B, Wang Z, Wan Y, Huang Y. Clinical features and mismatch repair gene mutation screening in Chinese patients with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:2647-51 pubmed..Three of seven mutations have been found to be novel, and the germline G204X nonsense mutation in the third exon of hMSH2 has become the first MMR gene mutation found in Chinese Mongolian people. ..
- Liao W, Wang S, Han C, Zhang Y. 14-3-3 proteins regulate glycogen synthase 3beta phosphorylation and inhibit cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. FEBS J. 2005;272:1845-54 pubmed..These results suggest that 14-3-3s inhibits cardiomyocytes hypertrophy through regulation of the PI3K/PKB/GSK3beta and NFAT pathway. ..
- Shao G, Gao C, Lu G. Alterations of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha in the hippocampus of mice acutely and repeatedly exposed to hypoxia. Neurosignals. 2005;14:255-61 pubmed..One of the HIF-1 target genes, vascular endothelial growth factor, increased in group H4. HIF-1 activation is thought to be involved in the protection of the brain of hypoxic preconditioned mice. ..
- Huo L, Zhong Z, Liang C, Wang Q, Yin S, Ai J, et al. Degradation of securin in mouse and pig oocytes is dependent on ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and is required for proteolysis of the cohesion subunit, Rec8, at the metaphase-to-anaphase transition. Front Biosci. 2006;11:2193-202 pubmed..In conclusion, these results suggest that the proteolysis of securin is dependent on ubiquitin-proteasome pathway and is necessary for the degradation of Rec8 during meiotic metaphase-to-anaphase transitions in mouse and pig oocytes. ..
- Zhou Y, Li L, Liu Q, Xing G, Kuai X, Sun J, et al. E3 ubiquitin ligase SIAH1 mediates ubiquitination and degradation of TRB3. Cell Signal. 2008;20:942-8 pubmed publisher..Cotransfection of SIAH1 could withdraw up-regulation of TGF-beta signaling by TRB3, suggesting SIAH1-induced degradation of TRB3 represents a potential regulatory mechanism for TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Gao M, Dong W, Hu M, Yu M, Guo L, Qian L, et al. GADD45alpha mediates arsenite-induced cell apoptotic effect in human hepatoma cells via JNKs/AP-1-dependent pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2010;109:1264-73 pubmed publisher..The approaches to up-regulate GADD45alpha levels might be helpful in improving the chemotherapeutic action of arsenite on certain solid tumors including hepatoma...
- Guo Y, Zhang X, Yang M, Miao X, Shi Y, Yao J, et al. Functional evaluation of missense variations in the human MAD1L1 and MAD2L1 genes and their impact on susceptibility to lung cancer. J Med Genet. 2010;47:616-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that genetic variants in MAD1L1 and MAD2L1 confer susceptibility to lung cancer, which might result from reduced spindle checkpoint function due to attenuated function of MAD1L1 and/or MAD2L1. ..
- Zhang X, Dong Y, Ti H, Zhao J, Wang Y, Li T, et al. Down-regulation of miR-145 and miR-143 might be associated with DNA methyltransferase 3B overexpression and worse prognosis in endometrioid carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:2571-80 pubmed publisher..DNMT3B might be a potential target of miR-145 and miR-143 in ECs. Furthermore, the combined miR-145 or miR-143 and DNMT3B status may have a prognostic impact on ECs. ..
- Fu J, Xu X, Kang L, Zhou L, Wang S, Lu J, et al. miR-30a suppresses breast cancer cell proliferation and migration by targeting Eya2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:314-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the miR-30a/Eya2 axis may play an important role in breast cancer development and progression and that miR-30a activation or Eya2 inhibition may be a useful strategy for cancer treatment. ..
- Liu J, Wang X, Wang Z, Chen J, Jiang T, An X, et al. Crystal structure of KD93, a novel protein expressed in human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. J Struct Biol. 2004;148:370-4 pubmed..The high-resolution structure of KD93 provides a first view of a member of the family of hypothetical proteins. And the structure provides a framework to deduce and assay the molecular function of other proteins of the UPF0113 family. ..
- Yang L, Zhao J, Lu W, Li Y, Du X, Ning T, et al. KIAA0649, a 1A6/DRIM-interacting protein with the oncogenic potential. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:884-90 pubmed..Moreover, KIAA0649 exogenous expression in NIH3T3 fibroblasts caused tumor development in nude mice. ..
- Sheng J, Zhang H, Ji M, Fu L, Mu H, Zhang M, et al. Genetic diagnosis strategy of hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:983-9 pubmed..3%. Scientific and rational detection strategy can improve the detection rate of HNPCC. Based on traditional molecular genetics and combined with epigenetics, multiple detection methods can accurately diagnose HNPCC. ..
- Huang H, Deng H, Yang Y, Tang Z, Yang S, Mu Y, et al. Molecular characterization and association analysis of porcine PANE1 gene. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:2571-7 pubmed publisher..0218), mean corpuscular volume (32 days) (P = 0.0314) and absolute value of lymphocyte (LYMPH#) (32 days) (P = 0.0356), but lower (P < 0.0001) birth weight than those with other two genotypes. ..
- Wang K, Wang M, Tang D, Shen Y, Qin B, Li M, et al. PAIR3, an axis-associated protein, is essential for the recruitment of recombination elements onto meiotic chromosomes in rice. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:12-9 pubmed publisher..Dual immunostaining revealed that PAIR3 highly colocalized with REC8. Moreover, studies using a rec8 mutant indicated that PAIR3 localized to chromosomes in a REC8-dependent manner...
- Zhong S, Shi H, Xue C, Wang L, Xi Y, Li J, et al. A molecular framework of light-controlled phytohormone action in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1530-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a mechanistic insight into how light modulates internal hormone-regulated plant growth. ..
- Li X, Gao Q, Liang Y, Ma T, Cheng L, Qi D, et al. A novel salt-induced gene from sheepgrass, LcSAIN2, enhances salt tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;64:52-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LcSAIN2 might play an important positive modulation role in salt stress tolerance and be a candidate gene utilized for enhancing stress tolerance in wheat and other crops. ..
- Wang H, Wang J, Zheng W, Wang X, Wang S, Song L, et al. Mutation Glu82Lys in lamin A/C gene is associated with cardiomyopathy and conduction defect. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:17-24 pubmed..The nuclear membrane structure was disrupted and heterochromatin was aggregated aberrantly in the nucleus of the HEK293 cells stably transfected with mutated lamin A/C gene as determined by transmission electron microscopy. ..
- Han Z, Xing X, Hu M, Zhang Y, Liu P, Chai J. Structural basis of EZH2 recognition by EED. Structure. 2007;15:1306-15 pubmed..Structure-based mutagenesis identified critical residues from both EED and EZH2 for their interaction. The structure presented here may provide a template for understanding of how WD-repeat proteins recognize their interacting proteins. ..
- Wang L, Li B, Lu X, Zhao Q, Li Y, Ge D, et al. A functional intronic variant in the tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) gene confers risk of essential hypertension in the Northern Chinese Han population. Clin Sci (Lond). 2008;115:151-8 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for an association of the functional intronic rs2070762 with essential hypertension. ..
- Ni Z, Hu Z, Jiang Q, Zhang H. GmNFYA3, a target gene of miR169, is a positive regulator of plant tolerance to drought stress. Plant Mol Biol. 2013;82:113-29 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the GmNFYA3 gene functions in positive modulation of drought stress tolerance and has potential applications in molecular breeding to enhance drought tolerance in crops...
- Gong Y, Wang X, Liu J, Shi L, Yin B, Peng X, et al. NSPc1, a mainly nuclear localized protein of novel PcG family members, has a transcription repression activity related to its PKC phosphorylation site at S183. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:115-21 pubmed..Taken together, results from our study suggest that NSPc1, as a typical PcG family member, has powerful transcriptional repression ability, which may be related to the PKC signaling pathway. ..
- Li Z, Yang J, Gao X, Lu J, Zhang Y, Wang K, et al. Sequential recruitment of PCAF and BRG1 contributes to myogenin activation in 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced early differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma-derived cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18872-8 pubmed..Our studies reveal an essential role for epigenetic regulation in TPA-induced differentiation of RD cells and provide potential drug targets for future treatment of the rhabdomyosarcoma. ..
- Lu F, Ammiraju J, Sanyal A, Zhang S, Song R, Chen J, et al. Comparative sequence analysis of MONOCULM1-orthologous regions in 14 Oryza genomes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2071-6 pubmed publisher..6 and 0.4 Mya, respectively. In allotetraploids, pseudogenization of duplicated genes was common, caused by large deletions, small frame-shifting insertions/deletions, or nonsense mutations...
- Shen E, Lei Y, Liu Q, Zheng Y, Song C, Marc J, et al. Identification and characterization of INMAP, a novel interphase nucleus and mitotic apparatus protein that is involved in spindle formation and cell cycle progression. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1100-16 pubmed publisher..We propose that INMAP is a novel protein that plays essential role in spindle formation and cell-cycle progression. ..
- He Y, Sheng J, Ling X, Fu L, Jin P, Yen L, et al. Estradiol regulates miR-135b and mismatch repair gene expressions via estrogen receptor-? in colorectal cells. Exp Mol Med. 2012;44:723-32 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the effects of estrogen on MMR function may be related to regulating miRNA expression via ER-?, which may be the basis for the anti-cancer effect in colorectal cells. ..
- Tang W, Ji Q, Huang Y, Jiang Z, Bao M, Wang H, et al. FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL3 and FAR-RED IMPAIRED RESPONSE1 transcription factors integrate light and abscisic acid signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:857-66 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that FHY3 and FAR1 are positive regulators of ABA signaling and provide insight into the integration of light and ABA signaling, a process that may allow plants to better adapt to environmental stresses. ..
- Li F, Zhou J, Xu M, Yuan G. Investigation on the formation, conversion and bioactivity of a G-quadruplex structure in the PALB2 gene. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;83:242-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings provided a foundation for the formation and bioactivity of the G-quadruplex in the promoter region of PALB2 gene and a novel insight for understanding PALB2 gene regulation. ..