Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Chen X, Huang H, Qi T, Liu B, Song S. New perspective of the bHLH-MYB complex in jasmonate-regulated plant fertility in arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2016;11:e1135280 pubmed publisher..Here, we further discuss the different properties of the components of the bHLH-MYB complex in expression pattern and stamen regulation. ..
- Liu Y, Wang F, Zhang H, He H, Ma L, Deng X. Functional characterization of the Arabidopsis ubiquitin-specific protease gene family reveals specific role and redundancy of individual members in development. Plant J. 2008;55:844-56 pubmed publisher..Although there are clearly functional redundancies among related sub-family members, those redundancies cannot be inferred simply based on the amino acid identity of the family members. ..
- Yin P, Fan H, Hao Q, Yuan X, Wu D, Pang Y, et al. Structural insights into the mechanism of abscisic acid signaling by PYL proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:1230-6 pubmed publisher..In the ternary complex, the CL2 loop is located near the active site of ABI1, blocking the entry of substrate proteins. Together, our data reveal the mechanisms by which ABA regulates PYL-mediated inhibition of PP2Cs. ..
- Lu H, Zou Y, Feng N. Overexpression of AHL20 negatively regulates defenses in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:801-8 pubmed publisher..The AHL20 overexpression plants displayed greater susceptibility to virulent Pseudomonas syringae bacteria. These results indicate that AHL proteins play an important role in plant immunity. ..
- Li Y, Li S, Bi D, Cheng Y, Li X, Zhang Y. SRFR1 negatively regulates plant NB-LRR resistance protein accumulation to prevent autoimmunity. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001111 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SRFR1 functions together with SGT1 to negatively regulate R protein accumulation, which is required for preventing auto-activation of plant immunity. ..
- Liu B, Zuo Z, Liu H, Liu X, Lin C. Arabidopsis cryptochrome 1 interacts with SPA1 to suppress COP1 activity in response to blue light. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1029-34 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with a hypothesis that photoexcited CRY1 interacts with SPA1 to modulate COP1 activity and plant development. ..
- Li H, Xue Y, Jia D, Wang T, Hi D, Liu J, et al. POD1 regulates pollen tube guidance in response to micropylar female signaling and acts in early embryo patterning in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3288-302 pubmed publisher..By this mechanism, POD1 may regulate the pollen tube response to signals from the female tissues during pollen tube guidance and early embryo patterning in Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Yang D, Song L, Hu J, Yin W, Li Z, Chen Y, et al. Enhanced tolerance to NaCl and LiCl stresses by over-expressing Caragana korshinskii sodium/proton exchanger 1 (CkNHX1) and the hydrophilic C terminus is required for the activity of CkNHX1 in Atsos3-1 mutant and yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:732-7 pubmed publisher
- Li X, Qian W, Zhao Y, Wang C, Shen J, Zhu J, et al. Antisilencing role of the RNA-directed DNA methylation pathway and a histone acetyltransferase in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11425-30 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a unique antisilencing factor, and reveals that the RdDM pathway has an antisilencing function due to its role in maintaining ROS1 expression. ..
- Wang H, Liu Y, Chong K, Liu B, Ye H, Li Z, et al. Earlier flowering induced by over-expression of CO gene does not accompany increase of artemisinin biosynthesis in Artemisia annua. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2007;9:442-6 pubmed
- Liu H, Wang Y, Xu J, Su T, Liu G, Ren D. Ethylene signaling is required for the acceleration of cell death induced by the activation of AtMEK5 in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2008;18:422-32 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ethylene signaling perception is required to accelerate cell death that is induced by AtMEK5 activation. ..
- Zhu J, Jeong J, Zhu Y, Sokolchik I, Miyazaki S, Zhu J, et al. Involvement of Arabidopsis HOS15 in histone deacetylation and cold tolerance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4945-50 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a critical role for gene activation/repression by histone acetylation/deacetylation in plant acclimation and tolerance to cold stress. ..
- Liu S, Jia J, Gao Y, Zhang B, Han Y. The AtTudor2, a protein with SN-Tudor domains, is involved in control of seed germination in Arabidopsis. Planta. 2010;232:197-207 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that AtTudor2 is involved in GA biosynthesis and seed germination of Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhang F, Tang W, Hedtke B, Zhong L, Liu L, Peng L, et al. Tetrapyrrole biosynthetic enzyme protoporphyrinogen IX oxidase 1 is required for plastid RNA editing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:2023-8 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that the tetrapyrrole biosynthetic enzyme PPO1 is required for plastid RNA editing, acting as a regulator that promotes the stability of MORF proteins through physical interaction. ..
- Tan X, Liu X, Wang W, Jia D, Chen L, Zhang X, et al. Mutations in the Arabidopsis nuclear-encoded mitochondrial phage-type RNA polymerase gene RPOTm led to defects in pollen tube growth, female gametogenesis and embryogenesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:635-49 pubmed publisher..All these data indicate that RPOTm is important for normal pollen tube growth, female gametogenesis and embryo development, and has distinct genetic and molecular roles in plant development, which cannot be replaced by RPOTmp. ..
- Duan M, Ren H, Mao P, Wei C, Liang Y, Li Y, et al. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of the C-terminal WRKY domain of Arabidopsis thaliana WRKY1 transcription factor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1750:14-6 pubmed..The preliminary X-ray analysis was undertaken. The crystal diffracted to 2.50 A resolution in-house and belongs to space group P2(1) with unit-cell parameters a=64.10 A, b=34.88 A, c=114.72 A, beta=90.49 degrees . ..
- Zhang Y, Yang C, Li Y, Zheng N, Chen H, Zhao Q, et al. SDIR1 is a RING finger E3 ligase that positively regulates stress-responsive abscisic acid signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1912-29 pubmed..This suggests that SDIR1 acts upstream of those basic leucine zipper family genes. Our results indicate that SDIR1 is a positive regulator of ABA signaling. ..
- Guan H, Kang D, Fan M, Chen Z, Qu L. Overexpression of a new putative membrane protein gene AtMRB1 results in organ size enlargement in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:130-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that AtMRB1 is possibly a positive regulator of organ size development in Arabidopsis, mainly through cell number control. ..
- Zhang Y, Yang Y, Fang B, Gannon P, Ding P, Li X, et al. Arabidopsis snc2-1D activates receptor-like protein-mediated immunity transduced through WRKY70. Plant Cell. 2010;22:3153-63 pubmed publisher..The identification of snc2-1D provides us with a unique system for genetic analysis of resistance pathways downstream of RLPs, which may be distinct from those downstream of NB-LRR type R proteins. ..
- Wang W, Ye R, Xin Y, Fang X, Li C, Shi H, et al. An importin ? protein negatively regulates MicroRNA activity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3565-76 pubmed publisher..These results implicate EMA1 as a negative regulator of the miRNA pathway and reveal a novel layer of miRNA activity modulation. ..
- Wang X, Zhang J, Yuan M, Ehrhardt D, Wang Z, Mao T. Arabidopsis microtubule destabilizing protein40 is involved in brassinosteroid regulation of hypocotyl elongation. Plant Cell. 2012;24:4012-25 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a mechanism involving BR regulation of microtubules through MDP40 to mediate hypocotyl cell elongation. ..
- Guo L, Yang H, Zhang X, Yang S. Lipid transfer protein 3 as a target of MYB96 mediates freezing and drought stress in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:1755-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that LTP3 acts as a target of MYB96 to be involved in plant tolerance to freezing and drought stress. ..
- Han Y, Zhang C, Yang H, Jiao Y. Cytokinin pathway mediates APETALA1 function in the establishment of determinate floral meristems in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6840-5 pubmed publisher..A deeper understanding of axil-lateral meristem activity provides crucial information for enhancing yield by engineering crops that produce more elaborated racemes...
- Shi L, Bielawski J, Mu J, Dong H, Teng C, Zhang J, et al. Involvement of sphingoid bases in mediating reactive oxygen intermediate production and programmed cell death in Arabidopsis. Cell Res. 2007;17:1030-40 pubmed
- Cheng Z, Sun L, Qi T, Zhang B, Peng W, Liu Y, et al. The bHLH transcription factor MYC3 interacts with the Jasmonate ZIM-domain proteins to mediate jasmonate response in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2011;4:279-88 pubmed publisher..The JAZ-interacting pattern and the JA-induced expression pattern of MYC3 were distinguishable from those of MYC2. We speculate that MYC3 and MYC2 may have redundant but also distinguishable functions in regulation of JA responses. ..
- Luo G, Gu H, Liu J, Qu L. Four closely-related RING-type E3 ligases, APD1-4, are involved in pollen mitosis II regulation in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2012;54:814-27 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these four genes may be involved, redundantly, in regulating the PMII process during male gametogenesis. ..
- Sun L, Song L, Zhang Y, Zheng Z, Liu D. Arabidopsis PHL2 and PHR1 Act Redundantly as the Key Components of the Central Regulatory System Controlling Transcriptional Responses to Phosphate Starvation. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:499-514 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that PHL2, and perhaps also PHL3, acts redundantly with PHR1 to regulate plant transcriptional response to Pi starvation. ..
- Li X, Lin H, Zhang W, Zou Y, Zhang J, Tang X, et al. Flagellin induces innate immunity in nonhost interactions that is suppressed by Pseudomonas syringae effectors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12990-5 pubmed publisher..A remarkable number of DC3000 virulence factors act in the plant cell by suppressing the species level defenses, and that contributes to the specialization of DC3000 on Arabidopsis...
- Chen H, Shen Y, Tang X, Yu L, Wang J, Guo L, et al. Arabidopsis CULLIN4 Forms an E3 Ubiquitin Ligase with RBX1 and the CDD Complex in Mediating Light Control of Development. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1991-2004 pubmed..Thus, this study suggests a biochemical activity connection between CSN and CDD complexes in their cooperation with COP1 in orchestrating the repression of photomorphogenesis. ..
- Wu R, Li S, He S, Wassmann F, Yu C, Qin G, et al. CFL1, a WW domain protein, regulates cuticle development by modulating the function of HDG1, a class IV homeodomain transcription factor, in rice and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3392-411 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that rice and Arabidopsis CFL1 negatively regulate cuticle development by affecting the function of HDG1, which regulates the downstream genes BDG and FDH. ..
- Jiang L, Wang S, Li H, Zhang G, Li H. EMBRYONIC FACTOR 31 encodes a tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase that is essential for seed development. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:8297-305 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that FAC31 is essential for the seed development through regulation the expanding of embryo sac and proliferation of endosperm nucleolus. ..
- Li Y, Dong O, Johnson K, Zhang Y. MOS1 epigenetically regulates the expression of plant Resistance gene SNC1. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:434-6 pubmed..Here, we report the gene expression pattern and subcellular localization of MOS1. In addition, we analyze and discuss the roles of DNA and histone methylation in mos1-mediated suppression of SNC1 expression. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhang S, Zhang Y, Wang X, Li D, Li Q, et al. Arabidopsis floral initiator SKB1 confers high salt tolerance by regulating transcription and pre-mRNA splicing through altering histone H4R3 and small nuclear ribonucleoprotein LSM4 methylation. Plant Cell. 2011;23:396-411 pubmed publisher..We propose that SKB1 mediates plant development and the salt response by altering the methylation status of H4R3sme2 and LSM4 and linking transcription to pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang Y, Wang Z, Zhang X, Yang S. A missense mutation in CHS1, a TIR-NB protein, induces chilling sensitivity in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2013;75:553-65 pubmed publisher..This study revealed the role of a TIR-NB-type gene in plant growth and cell death under chilling stress, and suggests that temperature modulates the stability of the TIR-NB protein in Arabidopsis. ..
- Li W, Wang L, Sheng X, Yan C, Zhou R, Hang J, et al. Molecular basis for the selective and ABA-independent inhibition of PP2CA by PYL13. Cell Res. 2013;23:1369-79 pubmed publisher..The biochemical and structural studies provide important insights into the function of PYL13 in the stress response of plant and set up a foundation for future biotechnological applications of PYL13...
- Li Y, Wang D, Sun C, Hu X, Mu X, Hu J, et al. Molecular characterization of an AtPYL1-like protein, BrPYL1, as a putative ABA receptor in Brassica rapa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:684-689 pubmed publisher..Further, ABA activated the expression of an ABA-responsive reporter in Arabidopsis protoplasts expressing BrPYL1. Overall, these results suggest that BrPYL1 is a putative functional ABA receptor in Brassica rapa. ..
- Ma L, Zhao H, Deng X. Analysis of the mutational effects of the COP/DET/FUS loci on genome expression profiles reveals their overlapping yet not identical roles in regulating Arabidopsis seedling development. Development. 2003;130:969-81 pubmed..The partially photomorphogenic loci regulate a subset of photomorphogenic responses as well as other non-light regulated processes. ..
- Li L, Liu K, Hu Y, Li D, Luan S. Single mutations convert an outward K+ channel into an inward K+ channel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2871-6 pubmed publisher..Dramatic changes in rectifying properties can be caused by single amino acid mutations, providing evidence that the inward and outward channels in the Shaker family from plants may derive from the same ancestor. ..
- Mu J, Tan H, Zheng Q, Fu F, Liang Y, Zhang J, et al. LEAFY COTYLEDON1 is a key regulator of fatty acid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1042-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LEC1 and LEC1-like genes act as key regulators to coordinate the expression of fatty acid biosynthetic genes, thereby representing promising targets for genetic improvement of oil production plants. ..
- Liang W, Li C, Liu F, Jiang H, Li S, Sun J, et al. The Arabidopsis homologs of CCR4-associated factor 1 show mRNA deadenylation activity and play a role in plant defence responses. Cell Res. 2009;19:307-16 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest roles of the AtCAF1 proteins in regulated mRNA deadenylation and defence responses to pathogen infections. ..
- Gou M, Su N, Zheng J, Huai J, Wu G, Zhao J, et al. An F-box gene, CPR30, functions as a negative regulator of the defense response in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;60:757-70 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that CPR30, a novel negative regulator, regulates both SA-dependent and SA-independent defense signaling, most likely through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Qin Y, Hu C, Pang Y, Kastaniotis A, Hiltunen J, Zhu Y. Saturated very-long-chain fatty acids promote cotton fiber and Arabidopsis cell elongation by activating ethylene biosynthesis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3692-704 pubmed..Thus, VLCFAs may be involved in maximizing the extensibility of cotton fibers and multiple Arabidopsis cell types, possibly by activating ethylene biosynthesis. ..
- An F, Zhao Q, Ji Y, Li W, Jiang Z, Yu X, et al. Ethylene-induced stabilization of ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE3 and EIN3-LIKE1 is mediated by proteasomal degradation of EIN3 binding F-box 1 and 2 that requires EIN2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2384-401 pubmed publisher..Our results also reveal that EBF1 and EBF2 act as essential ethylene signal transducers that by themselves are subject to proteasomal degradation. ..
- Li H, Lin D, Dhonukshe P, Nagawa S, Chen D, Friml J, et al. Phosphorylation switch modulates the interdigitated pattern of PIN1 localization and cell expansion in Arabidopsis leaf epidermis. Cell Res. 2011;21:970-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a common mechanism for the regulation of PIN1 polarity formation, a fundamental cellular process that is crucial for pattern formation both at the tissue/organ and cellular levels...
- Guo L, Zhou J, Elling A, Charron J, Deng X. Histone modifications and expression of light-regulated genes in Arabidopsis are cooperatively influenced by changing light conditions. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:2070-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is possible that variations in histone modifications are an important physiological component of plant responses to changing light environments. ..
- Quan R, Lin H, Mendoza I, Zhang Y, Cao W, Yang Y, et al. SCABP8/CBL10, a putative calcium sensor, interacts with the protein kinase SOS2 to protect Arabidopsis shoots from salt stress. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1415-31 pubmed..However, overexpression of SOS3 fails to complement scabp8. These results suggest that SCABP8 and SOS3 are only partially redundant in their function, and each plays additional and unique roles in the plant salt stress response. ..
- Bi D, Cheng Y, Li X, Zhang Y. Activation of plant immune responses by a gain-of-function mutation in an atypical receptor-like kinase. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1771-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of snc4-1D provides us a unique genetic system for analyzing the signal transduction pathways downstream of receptor-like kinases. ..
- Qiao H, Wang H, Zhao L, Zhou J, Huang J, Zhang Y, et al. The F-box protein AhSLF-S2 physically interacts with S-RNases that may be inhibited by the ubiquitin/26S proteasome pathway of protein degradation during compatible pollination in Antirrhinum. Plant Cell. 2004;16:582-95 pubmed
- Ren D, Liu Y, Yang K, Han L, Mao G, Glazebrook J, et al. A fungal-responsive MAPK cascade regulates phytoalexin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5638-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the MPK3/MPK6 cascade regulates camalexin synthesis through transcriptional regulation of the biosynthetic genes after pathogen infection. ..
- Hu Z, Qin Z, Wang M, Xu C, Feng G, Liu J, et al. The Arabidopsis SMO2, a homologue of yeast TRM112, modulates progression of cell division during organ growth. Plant J. 2010;61:600-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together we postulate that Arabidopsis SMO2 is a conserved yeast TRM112 homologue and SMO2-mediated cellular events are required for proper progression of cell division in plant growth and development. ..
- Jiang S, Li M, Xu T, Ren D, Liu G. Two kinesins from Arabidopsis, KatB and KatC, have a second microtubule-binding site in the tail domain. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:44-52 pubmed..These findings are significant for identifying a previously uncharacterized microtubule-binding site in the two kinesin proteins, KatB and KatC, and the functional relations between them. ..
- Jia D, Cao X, Wang W, Tan X, Zhang X, Chen L, et al. GNOM-LIKE 2, encoding an adenosine diphosphate-ribosylation factor-guanine nucleotide exchange factor protein homologous to GNOM and GNL1, is essential for pollen germination in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:762-73 pubmed publisher..It was prolifically expressed in pollen grains and pollen tubes. The results of the present study suggest that GNL2 plays an important role in pollen germination. ..
- Bao C, Wang J, Zhang R, Zhang B, Zhang H, Zhou Y, et al. Arabidopsis VILLIN2 and VILLIN3 act redundantly in sclerenchyma development via bundling of actin filaments. Plant J. 2012;71:962-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate that VLN2 and VLN3 act redundantly in sclerenchyma development via bundling of actin filaments. ..
- Feng J, Wang C, Chen Q, Chen H, Ren B, Li X, et al. S-nitrosylation of phosphotransfer proteins represses cytokinin signaling. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1529 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate a mechanism by which redox signalling and cytokinin signalling coordinate plant growth and development. ..
- Xiang T, Zong N, Zou Y, Wu Y, Zhang J, Xing W, et al. Pseudomonas syringae effector AvrPto blocks innate immunity by targeting receptor kinases. Curr Biol. 2008;18:74-80 pubmed..The results suggest that the mechanism by which AvrPto recognizes virulence targets is linked to the evolution of Pto, which, in association with Prf, recognizes the bacterium and triggers strong resistance. ..
- Li J, Li G, Gao S, Martinez C, He G, Zhou Z, et al. Arabidopsis transcription factor ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL5 plays a role in the feedback regulation of phytochrome A signaling. Plant Cell. 2010;22:3634-49 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that HY5 plays a role in negative feedback regulation of phyA signaling by attenuating FHY3/FAR1-activated FHY1/FHL expression, providing a mechanism for fine-tuning phyA signaling homeostasis. ..
- Zhang Y, Li B, Xu Y, Li H, Li S, Zhang D, et al. The cyclophilin CYP20-2 modulates the conformation of BRASSINAZOLE-RESISTANT1, which binds the promoter of FLOWERING LOCUS D to regulate flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2504-21 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a conformational change of BZR1 mediated by CYP20-2 causes altered flowering through modulation of FLD expression...
- Ge Z, Bergonci T, Zhao Y, Zou Y, Du S, Liu M, et al. Arabidopsis pollen tube integrity and sperm release are regulated by RALF-mediated signaling. Science. 2017;358:1596-1600 pubmed publisher..We propose that RALF34 replaces RALF4 and RALF19 at the interface of pollen tube-female gametophyte contact, thereby deregulating BUPS-ANXUR signaling and in turn leading to pollen tube rupture and sperm release. ..
- Dong L, Liu M, Fang Y, Zhao J, He X, Ying X, et al. DRD1-Pol V-dependent self-silencing of an exogenous silencer restricts the non-cell autonomous silencing of an endogenous target gene. Plant J. 2011;68:633-45 pubmed publisher..DRD1-Pol V-dependent de novo methylation, by acting in cis to reinforce self-silencing of exo-IR, may play a role in restraining the inappropriate silencing of active protein-coding genes in plants. ..
- Liu J, Bai G, Zhang C, Chen W, Zhou J, Zhang S, et al. An atypical component of RNA-directed DNA methylation machinery has both DNA methylation-dependent and -independent roles in locus-specific transcriptional gene silencing. Cell Res. 2011;21:1691-700 pubmed publisher..We suggest that besides DNA methylation, siRNAs may cause some other uncharacterized epigenetic modifications that lead to transcriptional gene silencing. ..
- Wu L, Mao L, Qi Y. Roles of dicer-like and argonaute proteins in TAS-derived small interfering RNA-triggered DNA methylation. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:990-9 pubmed publisher..Based upon these findings, we propose a novel ta-siRNA pathway that acts at both the messenger RNA and chromatin level. ..
- Song X, Guo P, Li C, Liu C. The cysteine pairs in CLV2 are not necessary for sensing the CLV3 peptide in shoot and root meristems. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:774-81 pubmed publisher..These observations allow us to conclude that the formation of disulfide bonds is not needed for the function of CLV2. ..
- Liu J, Zhong S, Guo X, Hao L, Wei X, Huang Q, et al. Membrane-bound RLCKs LIP1 and LIP2 are essential male factors controlling male-female attraction in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2013;23:993-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LIP1 and LIP2 represent essential components of the pollen tube receptor complex to perceive the female signal AtLURE1 for micropylar pollen tube guidance. ..
- Ye R, Chen Z, Lian B, Rowley M, Xia N, Chai J, et al. A Dicer-Independent Route for Biogenesis of siRNAs that Direct DNA Methylation in Arabidopsis. Mol Cell. 2016;61:222-35 pubmed publisher..Precursor transcripts are bound by AGO4 and subsequently subjected to 3'-5' exonucleolytic trimming for maturation. We propose that sidRNAs generated through this route are the initial triggers of de novo DNA methylation. ..
- Xu C, Liu C, Wang Y, Li L, Chen W, Xu Z, et al. Histone acetylation affects expression of cellular patterning genes in the Arabidopsis root epidermis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14469-74 pubmed..We propose a working model to suggest that histone acetylation may function in mediating a positional cue to direct expression of the patterning genes in the root epidermal cells. ..
- Liang Y, Tan Z, Zhu L, Niu Q, Zhou J, Li M, et al. MYB97, MYB101 and MYB120 function as male factors that control pollen tube-synergid interaction in Arabidopsis thaliana fertilization. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003933 pubmed publisher..All these results indicate that MYB97, MYB101 and MYB120 participate in pollen tube reception, possibly by controlling the expression of downstream genes. ..
- Zheng W, Zhai Q, Sun J, Li C, Zhang L, Li H, et al. Bestatin, an inhibitor of aminopeptidases, provides a chemical genetics approach to dissect jasmonate signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:1400-13 pubmed..Genetic and phenotypic analyses of the ber mutants with altered JA responses indicate that we have identified several novel loci involved in JA signaling. ..
- Pan H, Liu S, Tang D. The THO/TREX complex functions in disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:422-4 pubmed publisher..Further characterization of the components of THO/TREX in Arabidopsis will provide new insights into the role of THO/TREX in defense responses in plants. ..
- Cui X, Guo Z, Song L, Wang Y, Cheng Y. NCP1/AtMOB1A Plays Key Roles in Auxin-Mediated Arabidopsis Development. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005923 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we showed that disruption of AtMOB1A led to a reduced sensitivity to exogenous auxin. Our results demonstrated that AtMOB1A plays an important role in Arabidopsis development by promoting auxin signaling. ..
- Song D, Yang Y, Yu B, Zheng B, Deng Z, Lu B, et al. Computational prediction of novel non-coding RNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10 Suppl 1:S36 pubmed publisher..The identified novel ncRNAs are evolutionarily conserved between Arabidopsis and other recently sequenced plants, and may conduct interesting novel biological functions. ..
- Zhao Y, Zhao S, Mao T, Qu X, Cao W, Zhang L, et al. The plant-specific actin binding protein SCAB1 stabilizes actin filaments and regulates stomatal movement in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2314-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SCAB1 is required for the precise regulation of actin filament reorganization during stomatal closure. ..
- Qin T, Li J, Yuan M, Mao T. Characterization of the role of calcium in regulating the microtubule-destabilizing activity of MDP25. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:708-10 pubmed publisher..MDP25 destabilizes microtubules and exerts its effect on microtubules as a result of transient elevation of cytosolic calcium levels. ..
- Wang Q, Barshop W, Bian M, Vashisht A, He R, Yu X, et al. The blue light-dependent phosphorylation of the CCE domain determines the photosensitivity of Arabidopsis CRY2. Mol Plant. 2015;8:631-43 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that blue light-dependent phosphorylation of the CCE domain determines the photosensitivity of Arabidopsis CRY2. ..
- Hu J, Yang H, Mu J, Lu T, Peng J, Deng X, et al. Nitric Oxide Regulates Protein Methylation during Stress Responses in Plants. Mol Cell. 2017;67:702-710.e4 pubmed publisher..These findings define a mechanism by which plants transduce stress-triggered NO signal to protein methylation machinery through S-nitrosylation of PRMT5 in response to environmental alterations. ..
- Shen Y, Zhang W, Yan D, Du B, Zhang J, Liu Q, et al. Characterization of a DRE-binding transcription factor from a halophyte Atriplex hortensis. Theor Appl Genet. 2003;107:155-61 pubmed..These results suggest that the AhDREB1 protein functions as a DRE-binding transcription factor and play roles in the stress-tolerant response of A. hortensis...
- Liu J, Zhang Y, Qin G, Tsuge T, Sakaguchi N, Luo G, et al. Targeted degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor ICK4/KRP6 by RING-type E3 ligases is essential for mitotic cell cycle progression during Arabidopsis gametogenesis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1538-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that RHF1a/2a-mediated degradation of the meiosis-accumulated ICK4/KRP6 is essential to ensure the progression of subsequent mitoses to form gametophytes in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhou X, Hua D, Chen Z, Zhou Z, Gong Z. Elongator mediates ABA responses, oxidative stress resistance and anthocyanin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;60:79-90 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Elongator plays crucial roles in regulating plant responses to ABA, oxidative stress resistance and anthocyanin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Du Y, Cui M, Qian D, Zhu L, Wei C, Yuan M, et al. AtTFC B is involved in control of cell division. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2010;2:752-63 pubmed..In addition, immunofluorescence assay showed increased numbers of spindles and phragmoplasts in the attfc b (+/-) mutant. These results suggest that AtTFC B plays an important role in plant cell division. ..
- Li Y, Shen Y, Cai C, Zhong C, Zhu L, Yuan M, et al. The type II Arabidopsis formin14 interacts with microtubules and microfilaments to regulate cell division. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2710-26 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that AFH14 is a unique plant formin that functions as a linking protein between microtubules and microfilaments and thus plays important roles in the process of plant cell division. ..
- Zhang C, Xu Y, Guo S, Zhu J, Huan Q, Liu H, et al. Dynamics of brassinosteroid response modulated by negative regulator LIC in rice. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002686 pubmed publisher..The phenotypes of lic-1 and LIC-overexpressing lines in erect leaves contribute to ideal plant architecture. Improving this phenotype may be a potential approach to molecular breeding for high yield in rice. ..
- Chen Y, Huang R, Xiao Y, Lu P, Chen J, Wang X. Extracellular calmodulin-induced stomatal closure is mediated by heterotrimeric G protein and H2O2. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:4096-103 pubmed..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that ExtCaM activates an intracellular signaling pathway involving activation of a heterotrimeric G protein, H2O2 generation, and changes in [Ca2+]cyt in the regulation of stomatal movements. ..
- Yu R, Sun L, Li X, Wang X, Yuan M, Wu Z. [Localization of microtubule-associated protein AtMAP65-1 in guard cells of arabidopsis]. Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2007;40:258-62 pubmed..The results suggest that AtMAP65-1 binds cortical microtubules, and it may regulate the arrangement of cortical microtubules, which helps us gain more insights into the role of AtMAP65-1 in stomatal movement. ..
- Liang Q, Lu X, Jiang L, Wang C, Fan Y, Zhang C. EMB1211 is required for normal embryo development and influences chloroplast biogenesis in Arabidopsis. Physiol Plant. 2010;140:380-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data indicate that EMB1211 has an important role during embryogenesis and chloroplast biogenesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Liu T, Liu Z, Song C, Hu Y, Han Z, She J, et al. Chitin-induced dimerization activates a plant immune receptor. Science. 2012;336:1160-4 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support the notion that chitin-induced AtCERK1 dimerization is critical for its activation. ..