Gene Symbol: TTG2
Description: WRKY family transcription factor family protein
Alias: ATWRKY44, DR. STRANGELOVE 1, DSL1, F3G5.5, F3G5_5, TRANSPARENT TESTA GLABRA 2, WRKY44, WRKY family transcription factor family protein
Species: thale cress
- Garcia D, Fitz Gerald J, Berger F. Maternal control of integument cell elongation and zygotic control of endosperm growth are coordinated to determine seed size in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:52-60 pubmed..By contrast, prevention of cell elongation in the integument by the mutation transparent testa glabra2 (ttg2) restricts endosperm and seed growth...
- Ishida T, Hattori S, Sano R, Inoue K, Shirano Y, Hayashi H, et al. Arabidopsis TRANSPARENT TESTA GLABRA2 is directly regulated by R2R3 MYB transcription factors and is involved in regulation of GLABRA2 transcription in epidermal differentiation. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2531-43 pubmedArabidopsis thaliana TRANSPARENT TESTA GLABRA2 (TTG2) encodes a WRKY transcription factor and is expressed in young leaves, trichomes, seed coats, and root hairless cells...
- Pesch M, Dartan B, Birkenbihl R, Somssich I, Hulskamp M. Arabidopsis TTG2 regulates TRY expression through enhancement of activator complex-triggered activation. Plant Cell. 2014;26:4067-83 pubmed publisher..Together, they regulate the temporal and spatial expression of GL2 and TTG2, which are considered to control trichome cell differentiation...
- Dilkes B, Spielman M, Weizbauer R, Watson B, Burkart Waco D, Scott R, et al. The maternally expressed WRKY transcription factor TTG2 controls lethality in interploidy crosses of Arabidopsis. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:2707-20 pubmed publisher..Fine mapping placed DSL1 in an interval encoding the maternal effect transcription factor TTG2. Maternal parents carrying loss-of-function mutations in TTG2 suppressed the F1 lethality caused by paternal excess ..
- Han Y, Zhang X, Wang W, Wang Y, Ming F. The suppression of WRKY44 by GIGANTEA-miR172 pathway is involved in drought response of Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73541 pubmed publisher..Digital gene expression and real-time PCR analyses showed that WRKY44 was down-regulated by GI and miRNA172...
- Gonzalez A, Brown M, Hatlestad G, Akhavan N, Smith T, Hembd A, et al. TTG2 controls the developmental regulation of seed coat tannins in Arabidopsis by regulating vacuolar transport steps in the proanthocyanidin pathway. Dev Biol. 2016;419:54-63 pubmed publisher..However, PA synthesis is controlled by at least one other gene. TTG2 mutants lack the pigmentation found in wild-type seeds, but produce other flavonoid compounds, such as anthocyanins ..