Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIFY7
Description: TIFY domain/Divergent CCT motif family protein
Alias: F5A18.12, F5A18_12, JASMONATE-ZIM-DOMAIN PROTEIN 9, JAZ9, TIFY domain/Divergent CCT motif family protein
Species: thale cress
- Fernández Calvo P, Chini A, Fernández Barbero G, Chico J, Gimenez Ibanez S, Geerinck J, et al. The Arabidopsis bHLH transcription factors MYC3 and MYC4 are targets of JAZ repressors and act additively with MYC2 in the activation of jasmonate responses. Plant Cell. 2011;23:701-15 pubmed publisher..Our results show that MYC3 and MYC4 are activators of JA-regulated programs that act additively with MYC2 to regulate specifically different subsets of the JA-dependent transcriptional response. ..
- Chini A, Fonseca S, Chico J, Fernández Calvo P, Solano R. The ZIM domain mediates homo- and heteromeric interactions between Arabidopsis JAZ proteins. Plant J. 2009;59:77-87 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that interaction with MYC2 is a common feature of the JAZ family, as most JAZ proteins can bind MYC2 in pull-down and yeast two-hybrid assays. ..
- Melotto M, Mecey C, Niu Y, Chung H, Katsir L, Yao J, et al. A critical role of two positively charged amino acids in the Jas motif of Arabidopsis JAZ proteins in mediating coronatine- and jasmonoyl isoleucine-dependent interactions with the COI1 F-box protein. Plant J. 2008;55:979-88 pubmed publisher..Mutations of these two residues did not affect the ability of JAZ1 and JAZ9 to interact with the transcription factor AtMYC2...
- Thines B, Katsir L, Melotto M, Niu Y, Mandaokar A, Liu G, et al. JAZ repressor proteins are targets of the SCF(COI1) complex during jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2007;448:661-5 pubmed
- Hou X, Lee L, Xia K, Yan Y, Yu H. DELLAs modulate jasmonate signaling via competitive binding to JAZs. Dev Cell. 2010;19:884-94 pubmed publisher..Because DELLAs serve as central regulators that mediate the crosstalk of various phytohormones, our model also suggests a candidate mechanism by which JA signaling may be fine-tuned by other signaling pathways through DELLAs. ..
- Niu Y, Figueroa P, Browse J. Characterization of JAZ-interacting bHLH transcription factors that regulate jasmonate responses in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:2143-54 pubmed publisher..MYC3 and MYC4 interact not only with JAZ1 but also with other JAZ proteins (JAZ3 and JAZ9) in both yeast two-hybrid and pull-down assays...
- Chung H, Howe G. A critical role for the TIFY motif in repression of jasmonate signaling by a stabilized splice variant of the JASMONATE ZIM-domain protein JAZ10 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:131-45 pubmed publisher..The ability of JAZ10.4 to interact with MYC2 is consistent with a model in which a JAZ10.4-containing protein complex directly represses the activity of transcription factors that promote expression of JA response genes. ..
- Pauwels L, Barbero G, Geerinck J, Tilleman S, Grunewald W, Pérez A, et al. NINJA connects the co-repressor TOPLESS to jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2010;464:788-91 pubmed publisher..This new insight reveals how stress-related and growth-related signalling cascades use common molecular mechanisms to regulate gene expression in plants. ..
- Mosblech A, Thurow C, Gatz C, Feussner I, Heilmann I. Jasmonic acid perception by COI1 involves inositol polyphosphates in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2011;65:949-57 pubmed publisher..in putative inositol polyphosphate coordinating residues exhibited a reduced interaction with the COI1 target, JAZ9, in yeast two-hybrid tests...
- Gonzalez N, Pauwels L, Baekelandt A, De Milde L, Van Leene J, Besbrugge N, et al. A Repressor Protein Complex Regulates Leaf Growth in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2015;27:2273-87 pubmed publisher..The identified conserved complex might be specific for leaf growth in the second dimension, since it is not present in Poaceae (grasses), which also lack the developmental program it controls. ..
- Withers J, Yao J, Mecey C, Howe G, Melotto M, He S. Transcription factor-dependent nuclear localization of a transcriptional repressor in jasmonate hormone signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20148-53 pubmed publisher..conducted mutational analysis of the C termini (containing the conserved Jas motif) of two JAZ repressors, JAZ1 and JAZ9. These analyses unexpectedly revealed different subcellular localization patterns of JAZ1?Jas and JAZ9?Jas, which ..
- Zhang F, Yao J, Ke J, Zhang L, Lam V, Xin X, et al. Structural basis of JAZ repression of MYC transcription factors in jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2015;525:269-73 pubmed publisher..show that Arabidopsis MYC3 undergoes pronounced conformational changes when bound to the conserved Jas motif of the JAZ9 repressor...
- Song S, Qi T, Fan M, Zhang X, Gao H, Huang H, et al. The bHLH subgroup IIId factors negatively regulate jasmonate-mediated plant defense and development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003653 pubmed publisher..Coordinated regulation of JA responses by transcription activators and repressors would benefit plants by allowing fine regulation of defense and development, and survival in their frequently changing environment. ..
- Pauwels L, Ritter A, Goossens J, Durand A, Liu H, Gu Y, et al. The RING E3 Ligase KEEP ON GOING Modulates JASMONATE ZIM-DOMAIN12 Stability. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:1405-17 pubmed publisher..Our results provide additional evidence for KEG as an important factor in plant hormone signaling and a positive regulator of JAZ12 stability. ..
- Hu Y, Jiang L, Wang F, Yu D. Jasmonate regulates the inducer of cbf expression-C-repeat binding factor/DRE binding factor1 cascade and freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2907-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study provides evidence that jasmonate functions as a critical upstream signal of the ICE-CBF/DREB1 pathway to positively regulate Arabidopsis freezing tolerance...
- Zhou Z, Wu Y, Yang Y, Du M, Zhang X, Guo Y, et al. An Arabidopsis Plasma Membrane Proton ATPase Modulates JA Signaling and Is Exploited by the Pseudomonas syringae Effector Protein AvrB for Stomatal Invasion. Plant Cell. 2015;27:2032-41 pubmed publisher..Similarly, AvrB also induces the COI1-JAZ9 interaction and the degradation of multiple JAZ proteins...