Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGA6
Description: TGACG motif-binding factor 6
Alias: BZIP45, TGACG motif-binding factor 6, TGACG motif-binding factor 6
Species: thale cress
- Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Qu N, Zhao Q, Bi D, Li X. Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogs. Plant J. 2006;48:647-56 pubmed..NPR3 and NPR4 interact with TGA2, TGA3, TGA5 and TGA6 in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- Liu G, Holub E, Alonso J, Ecker J, Fobert P. An Arabidopsis NPR1-like gene, NPR4, is required for disease resistance. Plant J. 2005;41:304-18 pubmed..These results indicate that NPR4 is required for basal defense against pathogens, and that it may be implicated in the cross-talk between the SA- and JA-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Kesarwani M, Yoo J, Dong X. Genetic interactions of TGA transcription factors in the regulation of pathogenesis-related genes and disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:336-46 pubmed..A triple-knockout mutant tga2-1 tga5-1 tga6-1 was shown previously to be defective in the induction of PR genes and systemic acquired resistance, confirming ..
- Fode B, Siemsen T, Thurow C, Weigel R, Gatz C. The Arabidopsis GRAS protein SCL14 interacts with class II TGA transcription factors and is essential for the activation of stress-inducible promoters. Plant Cell. 2008;20:3122-35 pubmed publisher..Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments revealed that class II TGA factors TGA2, TGA5, and/or TGA6 are needed to recruit SCL14 to promoters of selected SCL14 target genes identified by whole-genome transcript ..
- Zander M, La Camera S, Lamotte O, Metraux J, Gatz C. Arabidopsis thaliana class-II TGA transcription factors are essential activators of jasmonic acid/ethylene-induced defense responses. Plant J. 2010;61:200-10 pubmed publisherThe three closely related Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factors TGA2, TGA5 and TGA6 are required for the establishment of the salicylic acid (SA)-dependent plant defense response systemic acquired resistance, which ..
- Zhang Y, Fan W, Kinkema M, Li X, Dong X. Interaction of NPR1 with basic leucine zipper protein transcription factors that bind sequences required for salicylic acid induction of the PR-1 gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:6523-8 pubmed..screen, we identified a subclass of transcription factors in the basic leucine zipper protein family (AHBP-1b and TGA6) and showed that they interact specifically in yeast and in vitro with NPR1...
- Hepworth S, Zhang Y, McKim S, Li X, Haughn G. BLADE-ON-PETIOLE-dependent signaling controls leaf and floral patterning in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1434-48 pubmed
- Kim S, Kang J, Cho D, Park J, Kim S. ABF2, an ABRE-binding bZIP factor, is an essential component of glucose signaling and its overexpression affects multiple stress tolerance. Plant J. 2004;40:75-87 pubmed..We also show that ABF2 overexpression affects multiple stress tolerance. ..
- Xiang C, Miao Z, Lam E. DNA-binding properties, genomic organization and expression pattern of TGA6, a new member of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1997;34:403-15 pubmed..us to the finding of a new member of the TGA gene family, and subsequently the isolation of a gene designated as TGA6. Further characterization of the TGA6 locus confirmed our prediction that the gene structure of this family is ..
- Zhou J, Trifa Y, Silva H, Pontier D, Lam E, Shah J, et al. NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acid. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2000;13:191-202 pubmed..were tested and shown to differentially interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no detectable interaction with NPR1, respectively...
- Deppmann C, Alvania R, Taparowsky E. Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networks. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:1480-92 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution. ..
- Stotz H, Mueller S, Zoeller M, Mueller M, Berger S. TGA transcription factors and jasmonate-independent COI1 signalling regulate specific plant responses to reactive oxylipins. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:963-75 pubmed publisher..Whereas JA-isoleucine signals through binding to COI1, the bZIP transcription factors TGA2, TGA5, and TGA6 are involved in regulation of gene expression in response to phytoprostanes...