Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGA6
Description: TGACG motif-binding factor 6
Alias: BZIP45, TGACG motif-binding factor 6
Species: thale cress
- Interaction of NPR1 with basic leucine zipper protein transcription factors that bind sequences required for salicylic acid induction of the PR-1 geneY Zhang
Developmental, Cell, and Molecular Biology Group, Department of Botany, Box 91000, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708 1000, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:6523-8. 1999..screen, we identified a subclass of transcription factors in the basic leucine zipper protein family (AHBP-1b and TGA6) and showed that they interact specifically in yeast and in vitro with NPR1...
- An Arabidopsis NPR1-like gene, NPR4, is required for disease resistanceGuosheng Liu
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W9, Canada
Plant J 41:304-18. 2005..These results indicate that NPR4 is required for basal defense against pathogens, and that it may be implicated in the cross-talk between the SA- and JA-dependent signaling pathways...
- BLADE-ON-PETIOLE-dependent signaling controls leaf and floral patterning in ArabidopsisShelley R Hepworth
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z4
Plant Cell 17:1434-48. 2005....
- Genetic interactions of TGA transcription factors in the regulation of pathogenesis-related genes and disease resistance in ArabidopsisMeenu Kesarwani
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Plant Physiol 144:336-46. 2007..A triple-knockout mutant tga2-1 tga5-1 tga6-1 was shown previously to be defective in the induction of PR genes and systemic acquired resistance, confirming ..
- The Arabidopsis GRAS protein SCL14 interacts with class II TGA transcription factors and is essential for the activation of stress-inducible promotersBenjamin Fode
Albrecht von Haller Institut fur Pflanzenwissenschaften, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Plant Cell 20:3122-35. 2008..Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments revealed that class II TGA factors TGA2, TGA5, and/or TGA6 are needed to recruit SCL14 to promoters of selected SCL14 target genes identified by whole-genome transcript ..
- Arabidopsis thaliana class-II TGA transcription factors are essential activators of jasmonic acid/ethylene-induced defense responsesMark Zander
Albrecht von Haller Institut fuer Pflanzenwissenschaften, Georg August Universitaet Goettingen, Untere Karspuele 2, D 37073 Goettingen, Germany
Plant J 61:200-10. 2010The three closely related Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factors TGA2, TGA5 and TGA6 are required for the establishment of the salicylic acid (SA)-dependent plant defense response systemic acquired resistance, which ..
- Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogsYuelin Zhang
National Institute of Biological Sciences, 7 Science Park Road, Zhongguancun Life Science Park, Beijing, People s Republic of China 102206
Plant J 48:647-56. 2006..NPR3 and NPR4 interact with TGA2, TGA3, TGA5 and TGA6 in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acidJ M Zhou
Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway 08854 8020, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 13:191-202. 2000..were tested and shown to differentially interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no detectable interaction with NPR1, respectively...
- Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networksChristopher D Deppmann
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 23:1480-92. 2006..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution...
- The BLADE-ON-PETIOLE genes of Arabidopsis are essential for resistance induced by methyl jasmonateJuan Vicente Canet
Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular de Plantas IBMCP, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia UPV Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC, Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación CPI, Valencia, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 12:199. 2012..Since an allelic series of npr1 was recently described, the behavior of these alleles was tested in response to methyl jasmonate...
- TGA transcription factors and jasmonate-independent COI1 signalling regulate specific plant responses to reactive oxylipinsHenrik U Stotz
Julius von Sachs Institute für Biowissenschaften, Pharmazeutische Biologie, Universitat Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Exp Bot 64:963-75. 2013..Whereas JA-isoleucine signals through binding to COI1, the bZIP transcription factors TGA2, TGA5, and TGA6 are involved in regulation of gene expression in response to phytoprostanes...
- DNA-binding properties, genomic organization and expression pattern of TGA6, a new member of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors in Arabidopsis thalianaC Xiang
AgBiotech Center, Cook College, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08903, USA
Plant Mol Biol 34:403-15. 1997..us to the finding of a new member of the TGA gene family, and subsequently the isolation of a gene designated as TGA6. Further characterization of the TGA6 locus confirmed our prediction that the gene structure of this family is ..
- ABF2, an ABRE-binding bZIP factor, is an essential component of glucose signaling and its overexpression affects multiple stress toleranceSunmi Kim
Kumho Life and Environmental Science Laboratory, 1 Oryong dong, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 712, South Korea
Plant J 40:75-87. 2004..We also show that ABF2 overexpression affects multiple stress tolerance...