Gene Symbol: TGA3
Description: transcription factor TGA3
Alias: F2E2.14, F2E2_14, TGA1A-related gene 3, TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR TGA3, transcription factor TGA3
Species: thale cress
- Liu G, Holub E, Alonso J, Ecker J, Fobert P. An Arabidopsis NPR1-like gene, NPR4, is required for disease resistance. Plant J. 2005;41:304-18 pubmed..These results indicate that NPR4 is required for basal defense against pathogens, and that it may be implicated in the cross-talk between the SA- and JA-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Deppmann C, Alvania R, Taparowsky E. Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networks. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:1480-92 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution. ..
- Choi J, Huh S, Kojima M, Sakakibara H, Paek K, Hwang I. The cytokinin-activated transcription factor ARR2 promotes plant immunity via TGA3/NPR1-dependent salicylic acid signaling in Arabidopsis. Dev Cell. 2010;19:284-95 pubmed publisher..The salicylic acid (SA) response factor TGA3 binds ARR2, and mutation of TGA-binding cis-elements in the Pr1 promoter abolished cytokinin- and ARR2-dependent ..
- Li S, Gutsche N, Zachgo S. The ROXY1 C-terminal L**LL motif is essential for the interaction with TGA transcription factors. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:2056-68 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, two separate TGA domains were identified by deletion experiments as being essential for mediating TGA protein interactions with ROXYs. ..
- Szymanski D, Liao B, Zielinski R. Calmodulin isoforms differentially enhance the binding of cauliflower nuclear proteins and recombinant TGA3 to a region derived from the Arabidopsis Cam-3 promoter. Plant Cell. 1996;8:1069-77 pubmed..CaM also binds recombinant TGA3 and enhances its binding to the same Cam-3 promoter element...
- Kesarwani M, Yoo J, Dong X. Genetic interactions of TGA transcription factors in the regulation of pathogenesis-related genes and disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:336-46 pubmed..In this study, we characterized six TGA factors by reverse genetics. We show that TGA3 is required for both basal and 2,6-dichloroisonicotinic acid-induced transcription of PR genes...
- Li S, Lauri A, Ziemann M, Busch A, Bhave M, Zachgo S. Nuclear activity of ROXY1, a glutaredoxin interacting with TGA factors, is required for petal development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2009;21:429-41 pubmed publisher..Additionally, ROXY1 affects later petal morphogenesis, probably by modulating other TGA factors that might act redundantly during differentiation of second whorl organs. ..
- Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Qu N, Zhao Q, Bi D, Li X. Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogs. Plant J. 2006;48:647-56 pubmed..NPR3 and NPR4 interact with TGA2, TGA3, TGA5 and TGA6 in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- Zhou J, Trifa Y, Silva H, Pontier D, Lam E, Shah J, et al. NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acid. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2000;13:191-202 pubmed..Six TGA family members were tested and shown to differentially interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no ..
- Despres C, Delong C, Glaze S, Liu E, Fobert P. The Arabidopsis NPR1/NIM1 protein enhances the DNA binding activity of a subgroup of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors. Plant Cell. 2000;12:279-90 pubmed..Coupled with observations that the DNA binding activity of TGA factors is deregulated in npr1 plants, the results suggest that NPR1-mediated DNA binding of TGA2 is critical for activation of defense genes. ..
- Hepworth S, Zhang Y, McKim S, Li X, Haughn G. BLADE-ON-PETIOLE-dependent signaling controls leaf and floral patterning in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1434-48 pubmed
- Miao Z, Liu X, Lam E. TGA3 is a distinct member of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;25:1-11 pubmed..to find a model plant system that may have less genomic complexity, we have now characterized a TGA1a-related gene (TGA3) from Arabidopsis thaliana...