Gene Symbol: TGA1
Description: bZIP transcription factor family protein
Alias: MQN23.15, MQN23_15, TGACG sequence-specific binding protein 1, bZIP transcription factor family protein
Species: thale cress
- Zhou J, Trifa Y, Silva H, Pontier D, Lam E, Shah J, et al. NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acid. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2000;13:191-202 pubmed..interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no detectable interaction with NPR1, respectively...
- Despres C, Chubak C, Rochon A, Clark R, Bethune T, Desveaux D, et al. The Arabidopsis NPR1 disease resistance protein is a novel cofactor that confers redox regulation of DNA binding activity to the basic domain/leucine zipper transcription factor TGA1. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2181-91 pubmed..Here, we report that although TGA1 does not interact with NPR1 in yeast two-hybrid assays, treatment with salicylic acid induces the interaction ..
- Kesarwani M, Yoo J, Dong X. Genetic interactions of TGA transcription factors in the regulation of pathogenesis-related genes and disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:336-46 pubmed..b>TGA1 and TGA4 play partially redundant roles in regulation of basal resistance, having only moderate effects on PR gene ..
- Lindermayr C, Sell S, Müller B, Leister D, Durner J. Redox regulation of the NPR1-TGA1 system of Arabidopsis thaliana by nitric oxide. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2894-907 pubmed publisher..The role of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species in local and systemic defense reactions is well documented. NPR1 and TGA1 are key redox-controlled regulators of systemic acquired resistance in plants...
- Schindler U, Beckmann H, Cashmore A. TGA1 and G-box binding factors: two distinct classes of Arabidopsis leucine zipper proteins compete for the G-box-like element TGACGTGG. Plant Cell. 1992;4:1309-19 pubmed..Here we describe the isolation of an Arabidopsis bZIP protein, denoted TGA1, that also recognizes ACGT-containing sequences...
- Deppmann C, Alvania R, Taparowsky E. Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networks. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:1480-92 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution. ..
- Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Qu N, Zhao Q, Bi D, Li X. Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogs. Plant J. 2006;48:647-56 pubmed
- Wang L, Fobert P. Arabidopsis clade I TGA factors regulate apoplastic defences against the bacterial pathogen Pseudomonas syringae through endoplasmic reticulum-based processes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77378 pubmed publisher..The Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper transcription factors TGA1 and TGA4, which comprise the clade I TGA factors, have been shown to positively contribute to disease resistance ..
- Weigel R, Bäuscher C, Pfitzner A, Pfitzner U. NIMIN-1, NIMIN-2 and NIMIN-3, members of a novel family of proteins from Arabidopsis that interact with NPR1/NIM1, a key regulator of systemic acquired resistance in plants. Plant Mol Biol. 2001;46:143-60 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the NIMIN proteins, via physical interaction with NPR1/NIM1, are part of the signal transduction pathway leading to SAR gene expression in Arabidopsis. ..
- Alvarez J, Riveras E, Vidal E, Gras D, Contreras López O, Tamayo K, et al. Systems approach identifies TGA1 and TGA4 transcription factors as important regulatory components of the nitrate response of Arabidopsis thaliana roots. Plant J. 2014;80:1-13 pubmed publisher..Using an integrative bioinformatics approach we identified TGA1 and TGA4 as putative regulatory factors that mediate nitrate responses in Arabidopsis roots...