Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TCP4
Description: TCP family transcription factor 4
Alias: MEE35, TCP family transcription factor 4, maternal effect embryo arrest 35, TCP family transcription factor 4
Species: thale cress
- Qin G, Gu H, Zhao Y, Ma Z, Shi G, Yang Y, et al. An indole-3-acetic acid carboxyl methyltransferase regulates Arabidopsis leaf development. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2693-704 pubmed..The identification of IAMT1 and the elucidation of its role in Arabidopsis leaf development have broad implications for auxin-regulated developmental process. ..
- Efroni I, Blum E, Goldshmidt A, Eshed Y. A protracted and dynamic maturation schedule underlies Arabidopsis leaf development. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2293-306 pubmed publisher..The application of DDI has therefore portrayed the CIN-TCPs as heterochronic regulators that permit the development of a flexible and robust leaf form through an ordered and protracted maturation schedule. ..
- Li Z, Li B, Shen W, Huang H, Dong A. TCP transcription factors interact with AS2 in the repression of class-I KNOX genes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2012;71:99-107 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that KNOX repression requires different types of transcription factors that function together to ensure normal leaf development. ..
- Koyama T, Sato F, Ohme Takagi M. Roles of miR319 and TCP Transcription Factors in Leaf Development. Plant Physiol. 2017;175:874-885 pubmed publisher..Mutations in MIR319 and gain-of-function mutations in the TCP4 gene conferred resistance against miR319 and impaired the cotyledon boundary and leaf serration formation...
- Aggarwal P, Das Gupta M, Joseph A, Chatterjee N, Srinivasan N, Nath U. Identification of specific DNA binding residues in the TCP family of transcription factors in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1174-89 pubmed publisher..We report biochemical characterization and DNA binding properties of a TCP member in Arabidopsis thaliana, TCP4. We have shown that the 58-residue domain of TCP4 is essential and sufficient for binding to DNA and possesses DNA ..
- Rodriguez R, Mecchia M, Debernardi J, Schommer C, Weigel D, Palatnik J. Control of cell proliferation in Arabidopsis thaliana by microRNA miR396. Development. 2010;137:103-12 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis plants with an increased activity of the transcription factor TCP4, which reduces cell proliferation in leaves, have higher miR396 and lower GRF levels...
- Danisman S, van Dijk A, Bimbo A, van der Wal F, Hennig L, de Folter S, et al. Analysis of functional redundancies within the Arabidopsis TCP transcription factor family. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:5673-85 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this work shows the power of combining classical genetic and molecular approaches with bioinformatics predictions to unravel functional redundancies in the TCP transcription factor family...
- Wei B, Zhang J, Pang C, Yu H, Guo D, Jiang H, et al. The molecular mechanism of sporocyteless/nozzle in controlling Arabidopsis ovule development. Cell Res. 2015;25:121-34 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a similar gene repression strategy is employed by both plants and fungi to control sporogenesis. ..
- Schommer C, Debernardi J, Bresso E, Rodriguez R, Palatnik J. Repression of cell proliferation by miR319-regulated TCP4. Mol Plant. 2014;7:1533-44 pubmed publisher..Here, we analyze the participation of TCP4 in the control of cell proliferation...
- Sarvepalli K, Nath U. Hyper-activation of the TCP4 transcription factor in Arabidopsis thaliana accelerates multiple aspects of plant maturation. Plant J. 2011;67:595-607 pubmed publisher..very informative due to gene redundancy, we generated a transgenic line that expressed a hyper-activated form of TCP4 in its endogenous expression domain...
- Aggarwal P, Padmanabhan B, Bhat A, Sarvepalli K, Sadhale P, Nath U. The TCP4 transcription factor of Arabidopsis blocks cell division in yeast at G1?S transition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:276-81 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that TCP4, a class II TCP protein from Arabidopsis that repress cell proliferation in developing leaves, inhibits cell ..
- Nag A, King S, Jack T. miR319a targeting of TCP4 is critical for petal growth and development in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:22534-9 pubmed publisher..miR319a functions by regulating the TCP transcription factors TCP2, TCP3, TCP4, TCP10, and TCP24; the level of RNA expression of these TCP genes is down-regulated in jaw-D and elevated in ..
- Sarvepalli K, Nath U. Interaction of TCP4-mediated growth module with phytohormones. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1440-3 pubmed publisherb>TCP4 and related members of class II TCP genes regulate leaf morphogenesis. We earlier demonstrated that level of TCP4 activity determines leaf size and aspects of plant maturity...
- Kubota A, Ito S, Shim J, Johnson R, Song Y, Breton G, et al. TCP4-dependent induction of CONSTANS transcription requires GIGANTEA in photoperiodic flowering in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006856 pubmed publisher..Our yeast one-hybrid analysis revealed that class II CIN-TCPs, including TCP4, bind to the CO promoter...
- Chen G, Sun J, Liu M, Liu J, Yang W. SPOROCYTELESS is a novel embryophyte-specific transcription repressor that interacts with TPL and TCP proteins in Arabidopsis. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:617-25 pubmed publisher..Together, we propose that SPL and SPEARs most likely belong to a novel transcription repressor family in land plants which may play a variety of developmental roles in plants. ..
- Sun X, Wang C, Xiang N, Li X, Yang S, Du J, et al. Activation of secondary cell wall biosynthesis by miR319-targeted TCP4 transcription factor. Plant Biotechnol J. 2017;15:1284-1294 pubmed publisherThe overexpression of miR319 in plants results in delayed senescence, and high levels of miR319-targeted TCP4 transcription factor cause premature onset of this process. However, the underlying mechanisms of this pathway remain elusive...
- Qin Z, Lv H, Zhu X, Meng C, Quan T, Wang M, et al. Ectopic expression of a wheat WRKY transcription factor gene TaWRKY71-1 results in hyponastic leaves in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63033 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TaWRKY71-1 causes hyponastic leaves through altering auxin homeostatic level by promoting the conversion of IAA to MeIAA. ..