Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RAP2.2
Description: related to AP2 2
Alias: related to AP2 2, related to AP2 2
Species: thale cress
- Okamuro J, Caster B, Villarroel R, Van Montagu M, Jofuku K. The AP2 domain of APETALA2 defines a large new family of DNA binding proteins in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7076-81 pubmed..Moreover, the expression of at least three RAP2 genes in vegetative tissues are controlled by AP2. Thus, unlike other floral homeotic genes, AP2 is active during both reproductive and vegetative development. ..
- Welsch R, Maass D, Voegel T, DellaPenna D, Beyer P. Transcription factor RAP2.2 and its interacting partner SINAT2: stable elements in the carotenogenesis of Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:1073-85 pubmed..The action of SINAT2 may explain the recalcitrance of AtRAP2.2 protein levels to change by altering AtRAP2.2 transcription. ..
- Gasch P, Fundinger M, MÃ¼ller J, Lee T, Bailey Serres J, Mustroph A. Redundant ERF-VII Transcription Factors Bind to an Evolutionarily Conserved cis-Motif to Regulate Hypoxia-Responsive Gene Expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2016;28:160-80 pubmed publisher..This motif, designated the hypoxia-responsive promoter element, is enriched in promoters of hypoxia-responsive genes in multiple species. ..
- Zhao Y, Wei T, Yin K, Chen Z, Gu H, Qu L, et al. Arabidopsis RAP2.2 plays an important role in plant resistance to Botrytis cinerea and ethylene responses. New Phytol. 2012;195:450-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated the role of an ERF transcription factor, RELATED TO AP2 2 (RAP2.2), in Botrytis resistance and ethylene responses in Arabidopsis...
- Papdi C, PÃ©rez SalamÃ³ I, Joseph M, Giuntoli B, BÃ¶gre L, Koncz C, et al. The low oxygen, oxidative and osmotic stress responses synergistically act through the ethylene response factor VII genes RAP2.12, RAP2.2 and RAP2.3. Plant J. 2015;82:772-84 pubmed publisher..12 and its homologues RAP2.2 and RAP2.3 act redundantly in multiple stress responses. Alternative protein degradation pathways may provide inputs to the RAP2 transcription factors for the distinct stresses. ..
- Hinz M, Wilson I, Yang J, Buerstenbinder K, Llewellyn D, Dennis E, et al. Arabidopsis RAP2.2: an ethylene response transcription factor that is important for hypoxia survival. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:757-72 pubmed publisher..Lighting plays an important regulatory role and is intertwined with hypoxia conditions; both stimuli may act collaboratively to regulate the hypoxic response. ..
- Ou B, Yin K, Liu S, Yang Y, Gu T, Wing Hui J, et al. A high-throughput screening system for Arabidopsis transcription factors and its application to Med25-dependent transcriptional regulation. Mol Plant. 2011;4:546-55 pubmed publisher..This system will be available for other Arabidopsis researchers, and thus it provides a vital resource for the Arabidopsis community. ..