Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OPR1
Description: 12-oxophytodienoate reductase 1
Alias: 12-OXOPHYTODIENOATE REDUCTASE 1, 12-oxophytodienoate reductase 1, ARABIDOPSIS 12-OXOPHYTODIENOATE REDUCTASE 1, ATOPR1, F28O16.5, F28O16_5, 12-oxophytodienoate reductase 1
Species: thale cress
- Beynon E, Symons Z, Jackson R, Lorenz A, Rylott E, Bruce N. The role of oxophytodienoate reductases in the detoxification of the explosive 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene by Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:253-61 pubmed publisher..The three predominantly expressed forms, OPR1, OPR2, and OPR3, were recombinantly expressed and affinity purified...
- Chehab E, KIM S, Savchenko T, Kliebenstein D, Dehesh K, Braam J. Intronic T-DNA insertion renders Arabidopsis opr3 a conditional jasmonic acid-producing mutant. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:770-8 pubmed publisher....
- Schaller F, Biesgen C, Müssig C, Altmann T, Weiler E. 12-Oxophytodienoate reductase 3 (OPR3) is the isoenzyme involved in jasmonate biosynthesis. Planta. 2000;210:979-84 pubmedIn addition to OPR1 and OPR2, two isoenzymes of 12-oxophytodienoate reductase, a third isoform (OPR3) has recently been identified in Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh...
- Mezzari M, Walters K, Jelínkova M, Shih M, Just C, Schnoor J. Gene expression and microscopic analysis of Arabidopsis exposed to chloroacetanilide herbicides and explosive compounds. A phytoremediation approach. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:858-69 pubmed..Genes selected for this study were AtGSTF2, AtGSTU1, AtGSTU24, and two isoforms of 12-oxophytodienoate reductase (OPR1 and OPR2). The five transcripts tested were induced by all treatments, but RDX resulted in low induction...
- Blanco F, Garreton V, Frey N, Dominguez C, Perez Acle T, Van Der Straeten D, et al. Identification of NPR1-dependent and independent genes early induced by salicylic acid treatment in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;59:927-44 pubmed..The identification of early SA-regulated genes is an important step towards understanding the complex role of this hormone in plant stress resistance. ..
- Schaller F, Weiler E. Molecular cloning and characterization of 12-oxophytodienoate reductase, an enzyme of the octadecanoid signaling pathway from Arabidopsis thaliana. Structural and functional relationship to yeast old yellow enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28066-72 pubmed..It is thus conceivable that the physiological role of Old Yellow Enzymes now known from bacteria, yeasts, and higher plants, is in oxylipin metabolism. ..
- Malone T, Madson S, Wrobel R, Jeon W, Rosenberg N, Johnson K, et al. X-ray structure of Arabidopsis At2g06050, 12-oxophytodienoate reductase isoform 3. Proteins. 2005;58:243-5 pubmed
- Biesgen C, Weiler E. Structure and regulation of OPR1 and OPR2, two closely related genes encoding 12-oxophytodienoic acid-10,11-reductases from Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta. 1999;208:155-65 pubmedThe genes of two closely related 12-oxophytodienoic acid reductases (EC 220.127.116.11), OPR1 and OPR2, were identified on a 7079-bp-long genomic fragment from Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh...