Gene Symbol: NF-YC9
Description: nuclear factor Y, subunit C9
Alias: ''nuclear factor Y, F7G19.16, F7G19_16, HAP5C, HEME ACTIVATED PROTEIN 5C, nuclear factor Y, subunit C9, subunit C9'', nuclear factor Y, subunit C9
Species: thale cress
- Wenkel S, Turck F, Singer K, Gissot L, Le Gourrierec J, Samach A, et al. CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2971-84 pubmed..During plant evolution, the number of genes encoding HAP proteins was greatly amplified, and these proteins may have acquired novel functions, such as mediating the effect of CCT domain proteins on gene expression. ..
- Hou X, Zhou J, Liu C, Liu L, Shen L, Yu H. Nuclear factor Y-mediated H3K27me3 demethylation of the SOC1 locus orchestrates flowering responses of Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4601 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) is a conserved heterotrimeric transcription factor complex that binds to the CCAAT motifs within the promoter region of many genes...
- Tang Y, Liu X, Liu X, Li Y, Wu K, Hou X. Arabidopsis NF-YCs Mediate the Light-Controlled Hypocotyl Elongation via Modulating Histone Acetylation. Mol Plant. 2017;10:260-273 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight that NF-YCs can modulate plant development in response to environmental cues via epigenetic regulation. ..
- Liu X, Hu P, Huang M, Tang Y, Li Y, Li L, et al. The NF-YC-RGL2 module integrates GA and ABA signalling to regulate seed germination in Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12768 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the NF-YC-RGL2-ABI5 module integrates GA and ABA signalling pathways during seed germination. ..
- Calvenzani V, Testoni B, Gusmaroli G, Lorenzo M, Gnesutta N, Petroni K, et al. Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42902 pubmed publisher..Because of the general expansion of NF-Y genes in plants, these results most likely apply to other species. ..
- Bi C, Ma Y, Wang X, Zhang D. Overexpression of the transcription factor NF-YC9 confers abscisic acid hypersensitivity in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2017;95:425-439 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) family proteins are involved in many developmental processes and responses to environmental cues in plants, but whether and how they regulate phytohormone abscisic acid (ABA) signaling need further studies...