Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NF-YC3
Description: nuclear factor Y, subunit C3
Alias: ''nuclear factor Y, F14C21.41, F14C21_41, nuclear factor Y, subunit C3, subunit C3'', nuclear factor Y, subunit C3
Species: thale cress
- Wenkel S, Turck F, Singer K, Gissot L, Le Gourrierec J, Samach A, et al. CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2971-84 pubmed..During plant evolution, the number of genes encoding HAP proteins was greatly amplified, and these proteins may have acquired novel functions, such as mediating the effect of CCT domain proteins on gene expression. ..
- Liu X, Hu P, Huang M, Tang Y, Li Y, Li L, et al. The NF-YC-RGL2 module integrates GA and ABA signalling to regulate seed germination in Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12768 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the NF-YC-RGL2-ABI5 module integrates GA and ABA signalling pathways during seed germination. ..
- Tang Y, Liu X, Liu X, Li Y, Wu K, Hou X. Arabidopsis NF-YCs Mediate the Light-Controlled Hypocotyl Elongation via Modulating Histone Acetylation. Mol Plant. 2017;10:260-273 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight that NF-YCs can modulate plant development in response to environmental cues via epigenetic regulation. ..
- Calvenzani V, Testoni B, Gusmaroli G, Lorenzo M, Gnesutta N, Petroni K, et al. Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42902 pubmed publisher..Because of the general expansion of NF-Y genes in plants, these results most likely apply to other species. ..
- Hou X, Zhou J, Liu C, Liu L, Shen L, Yu H. Nuclear factor Y-mediated H3K27me3 demethylation of the SOC1 locus orchestrates flowering responses of Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4601 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) is a conserved heterotrimeric transcription factor complex that binds to the CCAAT motifs within the promoter region of many genes...
- Gnesutta N, Kumimoto R, Swain S, Chiara M, Siriwardana C, Horner D, et al. CONSTANS Imparts DNA Sequence Specificity to the Histone Fold NF-YB/NF-YC Dimer. Plant Cell. 2017;29:1516-1532 pubmed publisherb>Nuclear Factor Y (NF-Y) is a heterotrimeric transcription factor that binds CCAAT elements. The NF-Y trimer is composed of a Histone Fold Domain (HFD) dimer (NF-YB/NF-YC) and NF-YA, which confers DNA sequence specificity...