Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NF-YC2
Description: nuclear factor Y, subunit C2
Alias: ''nuclear factor Y, ATHAP5B, F14G9.21, HAP5B, nuclear factor Y, subunit C2, subunit C2''
Species: thale cress
- Multiple genes encoding the conserved CCAAT-box transcription factor complex are expressed in ArabidopsisD Edwards
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 3EA, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 117:1015-22. 1998..The unexpected presence of multiple forms of each HAP homolog in Arabidopsis, compared with the single genes in yeast and vertebrates, suggests that the HAP2,3,5 complex may play diverse roles in gene transcription in higher plants...
- CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of ArabidopsisStephan Wenkel
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, D 50829 Cologne, Germany
Plant Cell 18:2971-84. 2006..During plant evolution, the number of genes encoding HAP proteins was greatly amplified, and these proteins may have acquired novel functions, such as mediating the effect of CCT domain proteins on gene expression...
- Arabidopsis NF-YB subunits LEC1 and LEC1-LIKE activate transcription by interacting with seed-specific ABRE-binding factorsAkiko Yamamoto
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Plant J 58:843-56. 2009..These results demonstrate a novel plant-specific mechanism for NF-Y subunit function that enables LEC1 and L1L to regulate a defined developmental network...
- bZIP28 and NF-Y transcription factors are activated by ER stress and assemble into a transcriptional complex to regulate stress response genes in ArabidopsisJian Xiang Liu
Plant Sciences Institute, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Plant Cell 22:782-96. 2010..Thus, in response to ER stress, bZIP28 is mobilized by proteolysis and recruits NF-Y subunits to form a transcriptional complex that upregulates the expression of ER stress-induced genes...
- Homologous NF-YC2 subunit from Arabidopsis and tobacco is activated by photooxidative stress and induces floweringDieter Hackenberg
Institute of Biology Plant Physiology, Humboldt Universitat Berlin, Philippstr 13, Building 12, 10115 Berlin, Germany E Mails D H U K
Int J Mol Sci 13:3458-77. 2012..It is proposed that NF-YC2 functions in floral induction and is a candidate gene among the NF-Y family for the transcriptional activation upon oxidative stress...
- HEAT-INDUCED TAS1 TARGET1 Mediates Thermotolerance via HEAT STRESS TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR A1a-Directed Pathways in ArabidopsisShuxia Li
National Key Laboratory of Plant Molecular Genetics, Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Plant Cell 26:1764-1780. 2014..HTT1 interacted with the heat shock proteins Hsp70-14 and Hsp40 and NUCLEAR FACTOR Y, SUBUNIT C2...
- bZIP67 regulates the omega-3 fatty acid content of Arabidopsis seed oil by activating fatty acid desaturase3Ana Mendes
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Warwickshire CV35 9EF, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 25:3104-16. 2013..We conclude that a transcriptional complex containing L1L, NF-YC2, and bZIP67 is induced by LEC1 during embryogenesis and specifies high levels of ALA production for storage oil by activating FAD3 expression...
- Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunitsValentina Calvenzani
Dipartimento di Bioscienze, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e42902. 2012..We previously identified a large NF-Y gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana, composed of 29 members, and characterized their expression patterns in various plant tissues...