Gene Symbol: MYC4
Description: Basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) DNA-binding family protein
Alias: T6K21.60, T6K21_60, Basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) DNA-binding family protein
Species: thale cress
- Qi T, Huang H, Song S, Xie D. Regulation of Jasmonate-Mediated Stamen Development and Seed Production by a bHLH-MYB Complex in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2015;27:1620-33 pubmed publisher..acts as a target of JAZ repressors to function redundantly with other IIIe bHLH factors such as MYC2, MYC3, and MYC4 in the regulation of stamen development and seed production...
- Cevik V, Kidd B, Zhang P, Hill C, Kiddle S, Denby K, et al. MEDIATOR25 acts as an integrative hub for the regulation of jasmonate-responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:541-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an important role for MED25 as an integrative hub within the Mediator complex during the regulation of JA-associated gene expression. ..
- Gao C, Qi S, Liu K, Li D, Jin C, Li Z, et al. MYC2, MYC3, and MYC4 function redundantly in seed storage protein accumulation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2016;108:63-70 pubmed publisherBasic helix-loop-helix transcription factors (TFs), namely MYC2, MYC3, and MYC4, interact with Jasmonate Zim-domain proteins and are their direct targets...
- Fernández Calvo P, Chini A, Fernández Barbero G, Chico J, Gimenez Ibanez S, Geerinck J, et al. The Arabidopsis bHLH transcription factors MYC3 and MYC4 are targets of JAZ repressors and act additively with MYC2 in the activation of jasmonate responses. Plant Cell. 2011;23:701-15 pubmed publisher..affinity purification strategies, we identified two previously unknown targets of JAZ repressors, the TFs MYC3 and MYC4, phylogenetically closely related to MYC2...
- Schweizer F, Fernández Calvo P, Zander M, Diez Diaz M, Fonseca S, Glauser G, et al. Arabidopsis basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors MYC2, MYC3, and MYC4 regulate glucosinolate biosynthesis, insect performance, and feeding behavior. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3117-32 pubmed publisher..A triple mutant lacking MYC2, MYC3, and MYC4, three basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors that are known to additively control jasmonate-related defense ..
- Niu Y, Figueroa P, Browse J. Characterization of JAZ-interacting bHLH transcription factors that regulate jasmonate responses in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:2143-54 pubmed publisher..Two basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins, MYC3 and MYC4, were identified...
- Song S, Huang H, Gao H, Wang J, Wu D, Liu X, et al. Interaction between MYC2 and ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE3 modulates antagonism between jasmonate and ethylene signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:263-79 pubmed publisher..Coordinated regulation of plant responses in both antagonistic and synergistic manners would help plants adapt to fluctuating environments. ..
- Jung C, Zhao P, Seo J, Mitsuda N, Deng S, Chua N. PLANT U-BOX PROTEIN10 Regulates MYC2 Stability in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2015;27:2016-31 pubmed publisher..Similar results were obtained with three other JA-regulated genes, TAT, JR2, and PDF1.2. Collectively, our results show that MYC2 is targeted by PUB10 for degradation during JA responses. ..
- Pauwels L, Ritter A, Goossens J, Durand A, Liu H, Gu Y, et al. The RING E3 Ligase KEEP ON GOING Modulates JASMONATE ZIM-DOMAIN12 Stability. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:1405-17 pubmed publisher..JAZ12 interacted with the transcription factors MYC2, MYC3, and MYC4 in vivo and repressed MYC2 activity...
- Moreno J, Shyu C, Campos M, Patel L, Chung H, Yao J, et al. Negative feedback control of jasmonate signaling by an alternative splice variant of JAZ10. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1006-17 pubmed publisher..interaction screens identified three related basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors (MYC2, MYC3, and MYC4) and the corepressor NINJA as JAZ10.4-binding partners. We show that the amino-terminal region of JAZ10...
- Zhang F, Yao J, Ke J, Zhang L, Lam V, Xin X, et al. Structural basis of JAZ repression of MYC transcription factors in jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2015;525:269-73 pubmed publisher..Our structural and functional studies elucidate a dynamic molecular switch mechanism that governs the repression and activation of a major plant hormone pathway. ..