Gene Symbol: MYB29
Description: myb domain protein 29
Alias: ATMYB29, MBK20.15, MBK20_15, PMG2, PRODUCTION OF METHIONINE-DERIVED GLUCOSINOLATE 2, myb domain protein 29, myb domain protein 29
Species: thale cress
- Hirai M, Sugiyama K, Sawada Y, Tohge T, Obayashi T, Suzuki A, et al. Omics-based identification of Arabidopsis Myb transcription factors regulating aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6478-83 pubmed..e., sulfur-deficiency) data identified Myb28 and Myb29 as candidate transcription factor genes specifically involved in the regulation of aliphatic GSL production...
- Gigolashvili T, Engqvist M, Yatusevich R, Muller C, Flügge U. HAG2/MYB76 and HAG3/MYB29 exert a specific and coordinated control on the regulation of aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. New Phytol. 2008;177:627-42 pubmedIn a previous transactivation screen, two Arabidopsis thaliana R2R3-MYB transcription factors, HAG2/MYB76 and HAG3/MYB29, along with the already characterized HAG1/MYB28, were identified as putative regulators of aliphatic glucosinolate ..
- Mewis I, Khan M, Glawischnig E, Schreiner M, Ulrichs C. Water stress and aphid feeding differentially influence metabolite composition in Arabidopsis thaliana (L.). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48661 pubmed publisher..This was distinct from M. persicae, which did not elicit similarly strong camalexin accumulation, which led to the hypothesis of a specific defense adaptations against the specialist aphid. ..
- Zhang X, Ivanova A, Vandepoele K, Radomiljac J, van de Velde J, Berkowitz O, et al. The Transcription Factor MYB29 Is a Regulator of ALTERNATIVE OXIDASE1a. Plant Physiol. 2017;173:1824-1843 pubmed publisher..as a model system of retrograde or stress signaling between mitochondria and the nucleus, MYB DOMAIN PROTEIN29 (MYB29) was identified as a negative regulator (regulator of alternative oxidase1a 7 [rao7] mutant) in a ..
- Sønderby I, Burow M, Rowe H, Kliebenstein D, Halkier B. A complex interplay of three R2R3 MYB transcription factors determines the profile of aliphatic glucosinolates in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:348-63 pubmed publisher..related members of the R2R3 MYB transcription factor family within Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana), MYB28, MYB29, and MYB76, are the commonly defined regulators of aliphatic GLS biosynthesis...
- Miao H, Wei J, Zhao Y, Yan H, Sun B, Huang J, et al. Glucose signalling positively regulates aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthesis. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:1097-109 pubmed publisher..Expression of MYB28 and MYB29, two key transcription factors in aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthesis, was also induced by glucose...
- Li Y, Sawada Y, Hirai A, Sato M, Kuwahara A, Yan X, et al. Novel insights into the function of Arabidopsis R2R3-MYB transcription factors regulating aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1335-44 pubmed publisherArabidopsis transcription factors, MYB28, MYB29 and MYB76, positively regulate aliphatic glucosinolate (AGSL) biosynthesis...
- Stotz H, Sawada Y, Shimada Y, Hirai M, Sasaki E, Krischke M, et al. Role of camalexin, indole glucosinolates, and side chain modification of glucosinolate-derived isothiocyanates in defense of Arabidopsis against Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. Plant J. 2011;67:81-93 pubmed publisher..sclerotiorum. This information is important for microbial associations with cruciferous host plants and for metabolic engineering of pathogen defenses in cruciferous plants that produce short-chained aliphatic glucosinolates...