Gene Symbol: MIR172b
Alias: EARLY ACTIVATION TAGGED, EAT, MICRORNA 172, MIR172, MIR172B, microRNA172B, p_MI0000216
Species: thale cress
- Zhao L, Kim Y, Dinh T, Chen X. miR172 regulates stem cell fate and defines the inner boundary of APETALA3 and PISTILLATA expression domain in Arabidopsis floral meristems. Plant J. 2007;51:840-9 pubmed..In addition to AG, which antagonizes AP2, miR172, a microRNA, serves as a negative regulator of AP2...
- Jung J, Seo P, Kang S, Park C. miR172 signals are incorporated into the miR156 signaling pathway at the SPL3/4/5 genes in Arabidopsis developmental transitions. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;76:35-45 pubmed publisher..b>miR172 promotes photoperiodic flowering...
- Jin D, Wang Y, Zhao Y, Chen M. MicroRNAs and their cross-talks in plant development. J Genet Genomics. 2013;40:161-70 pubmed publisher..These miRNAs execute their diverse functions by regulating developmental gene expression levels, interacting with phytohormone signaling response, participating in the biogenesis of ta-siRNAs and affecting the production of miRNAs. ..
- Zou Y, Wang Y, Wang L, Yang L, Wang R, Li X. miR172b controls the transition to autotrophic development inhibited by ABA in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64770 pubmed publisher..Here, we described miR172b as a new key regulator controlling transition of germinating seedlings from heterotrophic to autotrophic growth ..
- Kim S, Yang J, Xu J, Jang I, Prigge M, Chua N. Two cap-binding proteins CBP20 and CBP80 are involved in processing primary MicroRNAs. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1634-44 pubmed publisher..Genetic and molecular analyses show that CBP20 and 80 have overlapping function in the same developmental pathway as SE and HYL1. Our results identify new components in miRNA biogenesis. ..
- Jung J, Seo P, Ahn J, Park C. Arabidopsis RNA-binding protein FCA regulates microRNA172 processing in thermosensory flowering. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:16007-16 pubmed publisher..microRNA172 (miR172), which promotes flowering by inducing FT, also responds to changes in ambient temperature...
- Yao J, Tomes S, Xu J, Gleave A. How microRNA172 affects fruit growth in different species is dependent on fruit type. Plant Signal Behav. 2016;11:e1156833 pubmed publishermicroRNA172 (miR172) expression has been shown to have a positive effect on Arabidopsis fruit (siliques) growth...
- José Ripoll J, Bailey L, Mai Q, Wu S, Hon C, Chapman E, et al. microRNA regulation of fruit growth. Nat Plants. 2015;1:15036 pubmed publisher..Using Arabidopsis fruit morphogenesis as a platform for our studies, we show that the microRNA miR172 is critical for fruit growth, as the growth of fruit is blocked when miR172 activity is compromised...