Gene Symbol: LUMINIDEPENDENS
Description: Homeodomain-like superfamily protein
Alias: T10P11.15, T10P11_15, luminidependens, Homeodomain-like superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Doyle M, Bizzell C, Keller M, Michaels S, Song J, Noh Y, et al. HUA2 is required for the expression of floral repressors in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2005;41:376-85 pubmed..hua2 mutations suppress late flowering by reducing the expression of several MADS genes that act as floral repressors including FLOWERING LOCUS C (FLC ) and FLOWERING LOCUS M (FLM ). ..
- Kim S, Choi K, Park C, Hwang H, Lee I. SUPPRESSOR OF FRIGIDA4, encoding a C2H2-Type zinc finger protein, represses flowering by transcriptional activation of Arabidopsis FLOWERING LOCUS C. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2985-98 pubmed..In addition, suf4 suppresses luminidependens (ld), a late-flowering mutation that causes an increase of FLC, and SUF4 protein directly interacts with LD...
- Aukerman M, Lee I, Weigel D, Amasino R. The Arabidopsis flowering-time gene LUMINIDEPENDENS is expressed primarily in regions of cell proliferation and encodes a nuclear protein that regulates LEAFY expression. Plant J. 1999;18:195-203 pubmedMutations in the LUMINIDEPENDENS (LD) gene of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. (Arabidopsis) confer a late-flowering phenotype, indicating that LD normally functions to promote the floral transition...
- Soppe W, Bentsink L, Koornneef M. The early-flowering mutant efs is involved in the autonomous promotion pathway of Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 1999;126:4763-70 pubmed..By comparing the length of the juvenile and adult phases of vegetative growth for wild-type, efs and the double mutant plants, it is apparent that efs mainly reduces the length of the adult phase. ..
- Lee I, Aukerman M, Gore S, Lohman K, Michaels S, Weaver L, et al. Isolation of LUMINIDEPENDENS: a gene involved in the control of flowering time in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1994;6:75-83 pubmed..To study this process, we isolated a gene, LUMINIDEPENDENS (LD), that is involved in the timing of flowering in Arabidopsis...
- Doyle M, Amasino R. A single amino acid change in the enhancer of zeste ortholog CURLY LEAF results in vernalization-independent, rapid flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1688-97 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, FRI appears to affect CLF occupancy at FLC; thus, our work provides insight into the molecular role that FRI plays in delaying the onset of flowering. ..
- Chakrabortee S, Kayatekin C, Newby G, Mendillo M, Lancaster A, Lindquist S. Luminidependens (LD) is an Arabidopsis protein with prion behavior. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6065-70 pubmed publisher..Uniquely, the Luminidependens PrD (LDPrD) fully replaced the prion-domain functions of a well-characterized yeast prion, Sup35...
- Nakagawa M, Komeda Y. Flowering of Arabidopsis cop1 mutants in darkness. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:398-406 pubmed..The delay in flowering in the double mutants was not strongly influenced by the light conditions, whereas that of the gi-2 cop1-6 double mutant was reduced in darkness. ..