Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LKP2
Description: LOV KELCH protein 2
Alias: ADAGIO 2, ADO2, LOV KELCH protein 2, LOV KELCH protein 2
Species: thale cress
- Fukamatsu Y, Mitsui S, Yasuhara M, Tokioka Y, Ihara N, Fujita S, et al. Identification of LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2)-interacting factors that can recruit LKP2 to nuclear bodies. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1340-9 pubmedLOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2) is an F-box protein that has been postulated to function centrally, or near to the circadian clock oscillator...
- Kim W, Fujiwara S, Suh S, Kim J, Kim Y, Han L, et al. ZEITLUPE is a circadian photoreceptor stabilized by GIGANTEA in blue light. Nature. 2007;449:356-60 pubmed..This mechanism of establishing and sustaining robust oscillations of ZTL results in the high-amplitude TOC1 rhythms necessary for proper clock function. ..
- Baudry A, Ito S, Song Y, Strait A, Kiba T, Lu S, et al. F-box proteins FKF1 and LKP2 act in concert with ZEITLUPE to control Arabidopsis clock progression. Plant Cell. 2010;22:606-22 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that FLAVIN BINDING, KELCH REPEAT, F-BOX1 (FKF1) and LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2) play similar roles to ZTL in the circadian clock when ZTL is absent...
- Liu H, Wang Q, Liu Y, Zhao X, Imaizumi T, Somers D, et al. Arabidopsis CRY2 and ZTL mediate blue-light regulation of the transcription factor CIB1 by distinct mechanisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17582-7 pubmed publisher..Instead, two of the three light-oxygen-voltage (LOV)-domain photoreceptors, ZEITLUPE and LOV KELCH PROTEIN 2, but not FLAVIN-BINDING KELCH REPEAT 1, are required for the function and blue-light suppression of ..
- Jarillo J, Capel J, Tang R, Yang H, Alonso J, Ecker J, et al. An Arabidopsis circadian clock component interacts with both CRY1 and phyB. Nature. 2001;410:487-90 pubmed..Both yeast two-hybrid and in vitro binding studies show that there is a physical interaction between ADO1 and the photoreceptors CRY1 and phyB. We propose that ADO1 is an important component of the Arabidopsis circadian system. ..
- Schultz T, Kiyosue T, Yanovsky M, Wada M, Kay S. A role for LKP2 in the circadian clock of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2001;13:2659-70 pubmedA third member of the ZTL gene family was identified in the Arabidopsis genome and was named LKP2 (for LOV kelch protein2). A cDNA was isolated corresponding to this gene, and plants overexpressing LKP2 were generated...
- Mas P, Kim W, Somers D, Kay S. Targeted degradation of TOC1 by ZTL modulates circadian function in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nature. 2003;426:567-70 pubmed..Our results show that the TOC1-ZTL interaction is important in the control of TOC1 protein stability, and is probably responsible for the regulation of circadian period by the clock. ..
- Takase T, Nishiyama Y, Tanihigashi H, Ogura Y, Miyazaki Y, Yamada Y, et al. LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 and ZEITLUPE repress Arabidopsis photoperiodic flowering under non-inductive conditions, dependent on FLAVIN-BINDING KELCH REPEAT F-BOX1. Plant J. 2011;67:608-21 pubmed publisherLOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2), ZEITLUPE (ZTL)/LOV KELCH PROTEIN1 (LKP1) and FLAVIN-BINDING KELCH REPEAT F-BOX1 (FKF1) constitute a family of Arabidopsis F-box proteins that regulate the circadian clock...
- Yasuhara M, Mitsui S, Hirano H, Takanabe R, Tokioka Y, Ihara N, et al. Identification of ASK and clock-associated proteins as molecular partners of LKP2 (LOV kelch protein 2) in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:2015-27 pubmed..have a LOV domain, an F-box motif, and a kelch repeat region. LKP2 is a member of this family and functions either within or very close to the circadian oscillator in Arabidopsis...
- Imaizumi T, Schultz T, Harmon F, Ho L, Kay S. FKF1 F-box protein mediates cyclic degradation of a repressor of CONSTANS in Arabidopsis. Science. 2005;309:293-7 pubmed..CDF1 and CO are expressed in the same tissues, and CDF1 binds to the CO promoter. Thus, FKF1 controls daily CO expression in part by degrading CDF1, a repressor of CO transcription. ..
- Zhang B, Wang L, Zeng L, Zhang C, Ma H. Arabidopsis TOE proteins convey a photoperiodic signal to antagonize CONSTANS and regulate flowering time. Genes Dev. 2015;29:975-87 pubmed publisher..In addition, TOE1 interacts with the LOV domain of FKF1 and likely interferes with the FKF1-CO interaction, resulting in partial degradation of the CO protein in the afternoon to prevent premature flowering. ..