Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LEC1
Description: Histone superfamily protein
Alias: AtLEC1, EMB 212, EMB212, EMBRYO DEFECTIVE 212, LEAFY COTYLEDON 1, NF-YB9, NUCLEAR FACTOR Y, SUBUNIT B9, T26F17.20, T26F17_20
Species: thale cress
- LEAFY COTYLEDON1 controls seed storage protein genes through its regulation of FUSCA3 and ABSCISIC ACID INSENSITIVE3Yasuaki Kagaya
Life Science Research Center, Mie University, Tsu, 514 8507 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 46:399-406. 2005Arabidopsis ABSCISIC ACID INSENSEITIVE3 (ABI3), FUSCA3 (FUS3) and LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1) encode key transcription factors that control seed maturation events, including seed storage protein (SSP) accumulation...
- Arabidopsis LEAFY COTYLEDON1 is sufficient to induce embryo development in vegetative cellsT Lotan
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Cell 93:1195-205. 1998The Arabidopsis LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1) gene is required for the specification of cotyledon identity and the completion of embryo maturation...
- Leafy cotyledon genes are essential for induction of somatic embryogenesis of ArabidopsisMalgorzata D Gaj
Department of Genetics, University of Silesia, 40 032, Katowice, Poland
Planta 222:977-88. 2005The capacity for somatic embryogenesis was studied in lec1, lec2 and fus3 mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh...
- CONSTANS and the CCAAT box binding complex share a functionally important domain and interact to regulate flowering of ArabidopsisStephan Wenkel
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, D 50829 Cologne, Germany
Plant Cell 18:2971-84. 2006..During plant evolution, the number of genes encoding HAP proteins was greatly amplified, and these proteins may have acquired novel functions, such as mediating the effect of CCT domain proteins on gene expression...
- Repression of the LEAFY COTYLEDON 1/B3 regulatory network in plant embryo development by VP1/ABSCISIC ACID INSENSITIVE 3-LIKE B3 genesMasaharu Suzuki
Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Horticultural Sciences Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Plant Physiol 143:902-11. 2007Plant embryo development is regulated by a network of transcription factors that include LEAFY COTYLEDON 1 (LEC1), LEC1-LIKE (L1L), and B3 domain factors, LEAFY COTYLEDON 2 (LEC2), FUSCA3 (FUS3), and ABSCISIC ACID INSENSITIVE 3 (ABI3) of ..
- The GCR1, GPA1, PRN1, NF-Y signal chain mediates both blue light and abscisic acid responses in ArabidopsisKatherine M Warpeha
Laboratory for Molecular Biology, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Plant Physiol 143:1590-600. 2007..Pirin1 (PRN1; one of four members of an iron-containing subgroup of the cupin superfamily), and a nuclear factor Y heterotrimer comprised of A5, B9, and possibly C9...
- LEAFY COTYLEDON1 is a key regulator of fatty acid biosynthesis in ArabidopsisJinye Mu
State Key Laboratory of Plant Genomics and National Plant Gene Research Center, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Plant Physiol 148:1042-54. 2008..Here, we show that overexpression of the Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1) gene causes globally increased expression of fatty acid biosynthetic genes, which are involved in key reactions of ..
- Arabidopsis NF-YB subunits LEC1 and LEC1-LIKE activate transcription by interacting with seed-specific ABRE-binding factorsAkiko Yamamoto
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Plant J 58:843-56. 2009b>LEAFY COTYLEDON 1 (LEC1) plays vital roles in the regulation of seed maturation in Arabidopsis. LEC1 encodes a homolog of yeast HAP3 or mammalian NF-YB/CBF-A subunit of trimeric CCAAT binding factor (CBF)...
- Elongation-related functions of LEAFY COTYLEDON1 during the development of Arabidopsis thalianaAstrid Junker
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Corrensstraße 3, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 71:427-42. 2012The transcription factor LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1) controls aspects of early embryogenesis and seed maturation in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Interactions and CCAAT-binding of Arabidopsis thaliana NF-Y subunitsValentina Calvenzani
Dipartimento di Bioscienze, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e42902. 2012..We previously identified a large NF-Y gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana, composed of 29 members, and characterized their expression patterns in various plant tissues...
- Multifunctionality of the LEC1 transcription factor during plant developmentAstrid Junker
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Gatersleben, Germany
Plant Signal Behav 7:1718-20. 2012b>LEC1 acts as a key regulator of embryogenesis in Arabidopsis thaliana, but is involved in a wide range of functions, all the way from embryo morphogenesis to seed maturation...
- A distal CCAAT/NUCLEAR FACTOR Y complex promotes chromatin looping at the FLOWERING LOCUS T promoter and regulates the timing of flowering in ArabidopsisShuanghe Cao
Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma 73019
Plant Cell 26:1009-17. 2014..Additionally, we show that NUCLEAR FACTOR Y (NF-Y) binds a CCAAT box in the distal enhancer element and that CCAAT disruption dramatically reduces FT ..
- Regulation of the seed to seedling developmental phase transition by the LAFL and VAL transcription factor networksHaiyan Jia
Horticultural Sciences Department, Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol 3:135-45. 2014..The AFL B3 factors together with LEC1-type HAP3 transcription factors promote embryo maturation; whereas the VAL B3 factors repress the LEC1/AFL (LAFL) ..
- Arabidopsis LEAFY COTYLEDON1 Mediates Postembryonic Development via Interacting with PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR4Mingkun Huang
Key Laboratory of South China Agricultural Plant Molecular Analysis and Genetic Improvement, South China Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, China University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
Plant Cell 27:3099-111. 2015..Recent studies suggest LEAFY COTYLEDON1 (LEC1), initially identified as a central regulator in embryogenesis and seed maturation in Arabidopsis thaliana, plays a ..
- Potential targets of VIVIPAROUS1/ABI3-LIKE1 (VAL1) repression in developing Arabidopsis thaliana embryosAndrew Schneider
Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology, and Weed Science, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, 24061, USA
Plant J 85:305-19. 2016..Seed development and metabolism are positively regulated by transcription factors belonging to the LAFL (LEC1, AB13, FUSCA3 and LEC2) regulatory network...
- NUCLEAR FACTOR Y transcription factors have both opposing and additive roles in ABA-mediated seed germinationRoderick W Kumimoto
Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e59481. 2013In the model organism Arabidopsis thaliana the heterotrimeric transcription factor NUCLEAR FACTOR Y (NF-Y) has been shown to play multiple roles in facilitating plant growth and development...